30-Somethings - How is everyone handling Valentines Day?

Jasmine31
02-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Will you go out to dinner?

Or will you stay home?

Will you eat healthy?

Or go off plan?

Or will eating less healthy be part of your "plan"? :devil:

Will you exercise more to make up for it?

Will you eat less in the days preceeding to make up for it? ;)

What is everyone doing?
:D

AZ Sunrises
02-12-2011, 05:15 PM
:D I'll be spending it completely alone and enjoying my solitude. It's just another day of the year.

Rarr777
02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
I won't be going out to dinner. I have classes both that day, and that night. I plan to ration any chocolate I get. My other half always, always gets me good chocolate. One a day (or two) won't kill me.

mandalinn82
02-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I'll be cleaning and working. Happily married, but to a florist, so Valentine's Day for her is just a few LOOOOOONG days of work and nearly falling asleep on her feet when she gets home.

marianne78
02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
V-Day is me-day this year, and I will be doing some self-pampering.

Hopeful8
02-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I'll be going off plan slightly. We're going to split 1 slice of Red Velvet Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I already have the calories factored in so I'm prepared for it.

reptogirl
02-12-2011, 06:56 PM
no vdays celebration for me. although the thought of some chocolate sounds pretty darn good right about now.

DisgruntledOne
02-12-2011, 07:01 PM
It's just another day of the year.
exactly! I will be working day and night. And I will am very happy this will be the first year in awhile I don't have someone pretending they care about me aka lying to me.

Tea Granny
02-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Behaving big time, as Tuesday is my weigh in day :)

Vampgirl08
02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Not sure since we both work that day. How is it any special then any other day? :D However if we do something it will be low key by ordering some healthy take out.

LightRaven
02-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Valentine's Day? What's that? :lol: j/k

I will be showering my little one with some valentines goodies. That's about it! :)

LR

Rana
02-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Not big V-day celebrators here because we know how much of a Hallmark commercial holiday it is, but regardless, I'm going to make a gourmet dinner, and the boyfriend has bought me some gifts (new clothes, he had to ask for sizes and colors, so I know what I'm getting).

Jasmine31
02-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Well I think we are headed to the Outback steak house. I am going to be eating less for a few days and going to plan this cheat meal in to my "plan". No desert here though!

I think I'll drink water with my meal so I can skip the cals from soda.

I think he is planning to whisk us away to the hot springs too and mayb e a movie?

Violin Jenn
02-13-2011, 07:34 PM
:D I'll be spending it completely alone and enjoying my solitude. It's just another day of the year.

Same here. I'll go to work, eat healthy and get in my workout just as any other day.

I'm anti-Valentines Day. I actually like to wish people Happy Singles Aweness Day instead!:D

I've recently sworn off men for a bit. I'm tired of the games and being told I'm too fat (currently 5'9" and 193lbs. Not my desired weight, but I'd say heavier side of average), being told I'm not toned and athletic enough. Just tired of lowering the walls and being hurt. :(

Jelma
02-14-2011, 11:00 AM
My boyfriend and I are not that into celebrating but I love any excuse to make something new for dinner. I made chicken stock over the weekend and I am making Italian Wedding Soup (his favorite, no agenda :)), Chicken Marsala and roasted broccoli and red potatoes. It isn't too off plan.

Jacki73
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
My husband is cooking dinner. Fettucine alfredo with grilled chicken and broccoli (100% whole wheat noodles, dh's homemade sauce). Everything is healthy and on plan. After dinner we are going to the gym. It is cardio night (30 mins treadmill, 30 mins elliptical)! Definitely the BEST gift we can give eachother!

Hope everyone has a nice night! :)

evinsmom
02-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Tonight is a busy night for my family, so we celebrated last night. We had steak and I made a yummy cucumber, tomatoe and green onion salad. The meal was completely OP, but still a nice treat. I did indulge today and ate one cupcake that my friend had made for me. It literally had my name all over it, written on a tiny candy heart on the top. So I went off plan a little, but I am working out tonight, so I will do a little extra time on the treadmill.

Have a great evening everyone!

SunnyDC
02-14-2011, 01:07 PM
i'll be avoiding temptation from the office treats that are everywhere today!! lol cookies and cake in the breakroom and probably cupcakes too. i don't want it tho. lol

Shytowngal
02-14-2011, 01:25 PM
We're going out to dinner. I got to choose the restaurant so I picked a place and planned in two grilled shrimp skewers, steamed veggies and two glasses of wine.

I'm going for a 30 min. walk this afternoon when my work is having an ice cream sundae bar/party. I hope there aren't any leftovers when I return!

saef
02-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Work, commute, gym, and ending the night by watching RuPaul's Drag Race while eating a quinoa salad with chickpeas, broccoli & portabello mushrooms, which I made on Saturday afternoon to let the flavors marinate a little.

I'm not saying that I won't finish up the evening reading something a little spicy.

Jasmine31
02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Well I wish everyone a great day today! Whether single or alone!!

I am going to get an 80 minute walk in today.

I think I am going to split my entree in half and bring it home for tomorrow night.

I found a nutritional guide for outback. yeehaw!!