100 lb. Club - Pics with the child I have "lost"

View Full Version : Pics with the child I have "lost"

Eliana
02-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I have had it in mind to take these pictures ever since I started this. Here are pictures of me standing on the scale with my very tall 85 pound 9 year old on my back. :D (Please ignore the wallpaper...that's my next project.)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/IMG_0462.jpg

And here is the number on the scale. :D There's a glare, but it read 233.2. Um...that's less than when I started.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/IMG_0463.jpg

sept15lija
02-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Love it!! :) I'll bet it was a relief when you put him down, too! Just like losing all those pounds. WTG!!! :carrot:

bargoo
02-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Pictures are worth athousand words . Congratulations !

GirlyGirlSebas
02-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Love this!

rainbowsmiles
02-12-2011, 11:44 AM
wow!!!! double wow!!

now THATS what i call a whoooooosh!!! when you put him back down!!
wooohooooooooo!!!!

way to go.....keep it up!!

fattymcfatty
02-12-2011, 02:10 PM
This is so funny and it made me think of my DH and I playing around last night with our scale. We are the same height, and to my absolute disgust, he is still less than me!!! Arrghhh!!!

But, I'm closing the gap. He picked up our 14lb Boston Terrier, Teddy and stepped on the scale and weighed the same as me!!! So we laughed about it and realized that Teddy is the only real difference between our weights! At the start I outweighed him by 56lbs!!! A lot more Teddy's at that time. DH has assured me he only wants to lose to 180lbs and then work on strength training and toning. I want to get to 165, so EVENTUALLY, I will weigh less!!!

BTW...Teddy was in no way hurt physically or emotionally from our scale experiment!

timkerbelle
02-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I love it! Such a good way to visualise your amazing achievement!

sabrinalecompte
02-12-2011, 02:22 PM
That's so awesome! What a great way to calculate your weight loss. Being able to say "I've lost a whole 4th (or 5th?) grader" LOL! Too cool!

Congratulations!

Eliana
02-12-2011, 02:49 PM
He's actually in 3rd grade. Look at his giant feet. They're the same size as mine! LOL! He had fun taking the picture too.

Bac0s
02-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Ha! It certainly puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

EvilGidget
02-12-2011, 02:57 PM
That is so awesome!!!! Congrats to you!

DixC Chix
02-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Great visual!!

Look how strong you are, too!!!!

Rarr777
02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
What a fantastic achievement! WTG! I also love the visual...

VickieLou
02-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Great Visual! :congrat: Eliana on the Weight Loss and getting into the 140's!

:cheer3: :cheer: :cheer2:

AZ Sunrises
02-12-2011, 03:39 PM
:yay: That's awesome. Congrats.

:o Although, I initially misread the thread title.

eclipse
02-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I've lost just about my 10 year old and 5 year old combined - and I honestly think I would kill myself if I tried to hold both of them simultaneously :lol:. It's a great picture!

Eliana
02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Great visual!!

Look how strong you are, too!!!!
Do I look strong in that pic? :D I think I look strong in sleeveless shirts. I was actually surprised at how easy it was to heave him up on my back. I thought it was going to be difficult. It was actually quite difficult keeping my balance just to get my second foot up on the scale, which isn't that far a leap!

:yay: That's awesome. Congrats.

:o Although, I initially misread the thread title. Curious minds want to know what you thought it read. :)

I've lost just about my 10 year old and 5 year old combined - and I honestly think I would kill myself if I tried to hold both of them simultaneously :lol:. It's a great picture!
Now that's a picture I'd love to see!! The 10 year old on your back and 5 year old in your arms? :rofl: And a spotter real close by!

alyssarof2012
02-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Wow, way to go! That's a great idea for a picture. You look great. =]

astrophe
02-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Awesome!

A. :)

eclipse
02-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Curious minds want to know what you thought it read. :)

I don't know about her, but my first thought when I saw it was that "lost" was being used as a euphamism for "died." I was glad to see it was a happy thread!

Eliana
02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't know about her, but my first thought when I saw it was that "lost" was being used as a euphamism for "died." I was glad to see it was a happy thread!

Whoops. I'm so bad about double meanings and not seeing them.

shannonmb
02-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I LOVE it! :carrot: You are both cutie patooties!

saef
02-12-2011, 10:01 PM
What an inventive way to visualize that amount of weight & to really make it feel "real."

(I have to ask: Who took the picture, since you're not holding the camera & using a mirror?)

Maybe I have a dark turn of mind, as I thought the thread was about a miscarriage or that it was a journey back in time, into some trauma in your own childhood. You know, like The Day I Left My Childhood Behind (usually because of something sad or unpleasant that causes a child to have to act as stoic as an adult).

Also, did you explain to your son the reason you were taking it? Did he think it was cool? I don't think I've ever asked what your kids think about your weight loss. Actually, what do peoples' kids think of their weight loss? We hear a lot about mothers & fathers & siblings & significant others, but not about what the offspring are thinking.

Ciao
02-12-2011, 10:19 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5286/5270505190_3f6c4a0d5a.jpg
Very great. :)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5161/5269916959_e986e6e58e.jpg

Dayna320
02-12-2011, 11:22 PM
That's amazing. It's things like this that keep me going. You are an insertion.

ubergirl
02-13-2011, 08:02 AM
I love it!

Eliana
02-13-2011, 08:07 AM
What an inventive way to visualize that amount of weight & to really make it feel "real."

(I have to ask: Who took the picture, since you're not holding the camera & using a mirror?)

Maybe I have a dark turn of mind, as I thought the thread was about a miscarriage or that it was a journey back in time, into some trauma in your own childhood. You know, like The Day I Left My Childhood Behind (usually because of something sad or unpleasant that causes a child to have to act as stoic as an adult).

Also, did you explain to your son the reason you were taking it? Did he think it was cool? I don't think I've ever asked what your kids think about your weight loss. Actually, what do peoples' kids think of their weight loss? We hear a lot about mothers & fathers & siblings & significant others, but not about what the offspring are thinking.
My ten year old took the shot. They've known I've been waiting to match the younger's one weight for a long time now.

My children are very, very proud of me. Their favorite thing to do when I meet new people is whip out the ipod touch and show them past photos. :rolleyes: I'd tell them to quit except they truly don't understand and are just so proud. They've been telling me a lot lately how pretty I am and sometimes they just stare, especially after seeing an old photo. My youngest loves that he can wrap his arms around me and he does so often. They're both flabbergasted that I can wear their clothes! :D I wore my youngest's Steelers shirt for the Superbowl and my oldest son accidentally washed his white OSU shirt with his darks making it pink, so now it's mine.

I hope no one gets to bothered by the title. It certainly wasn't what I intended. I miscarried myself 5 years ago and it simply didn't cross my mind.

saef
02-13-2011, 10:55 AM
So one kid went piggyback while the other recorded the momentous occasion? That's wonderful.

I think it's absolutely fantastic that your sons are happy about your weight loss & very proud of you & have been your cheering section. There's all kinds of good stuff that you're modeling for them about minding one's health & caring for oneself & about working on a long-term personal project of self-improvement that requires daily work & patience.

(Heck, it's good to see you modeling that for ANYONE, including us adults on this board, let alone for your children.)

Since your children are both boys, I am wondering if that makes it a little easier than if they were both girls.

Personally, for me, my mother & I both have difficulties with our weight & body image, and any time one of us has lost a significant amount of weight, we have all kinds of mixed emotions: We're happy, and proud of people commenting, but there's also some self-searching & comparisons going on, and yes, some jealousy, even though we try to hold onto our better natures.

Nikki6kidsmom
02-13-2011, 04:33 PM
LOL . I would need to add several of my kids to my back. Awesome picture! The jeans look good on you too. What size jeans are you in now? You looks so small.

Jasmine31
02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
That is so awesome!! WTG!

kleemandy
02-13-2011, 04:40 PM
I am so happy for you. That makes me look forward to working harder! Congrats to you:)

Ruthxxx
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Terrific picture for comparison!

Um ... about the wallpaper ... :rofl:

Hope you don't mind but I edited your title a little bit to cheer it up. I read it wrong too at first.

Eliana
02-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Terrific picture for comparison!

Um ... about the wallpaper ... :rofl:

Hope you don't mind but I edited your title a little bit to cheer it up. I read it wrong too at first.

Ah, very good, thank you!

The wallpaper...ugh! It's a lovely old house but it came with "lovely" old wallpaper too. ;) I just finished the dining room. Now onto the master bath.

Eliana
02-13-2011, 05:05 PM
LOL . I would need to add several of my kids to my back. Awesome picture! The jeans look good on you too. What size jeans are you in now? You looks so small.

Well, aren't you sweet! And that is the question. These jeans are a pinch too big. I've lost the hips that used to hold everything up. :D They're a weird Fashion Bug "Right Fit" pair that are no longer the right fit as I'm no longer curvy. But they're an 8.

I just purchased a Limited skirt that is a 4, and with the weight I lost this week I now need a 2. :dizzy:

But the dress I just bought for a wedding is a 10.

So you pick. :D

Nikki6kidsmom
02-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Well, aren't you sweet! And that is the question. These jeans are a pinch too big. I've lost the hips that used to hold everything up. :D They're a weird Fashion Bug "Right Fit" pair that are no longer the right fit as I'm no longer curvy. But they're an 8.

I just purchased a Limited skirt that is a 4, and with the weight I lost this week I now need a 2. :dizzy:

But the dress I just bought for a wedding is a 10.

So you pick. :D

Clothing sizes are so goofy that's for sure. I am still having a hard time believing I wear a medium and size 8 jeans/pants in some brands. It's just stuck in my head to look for a Large and when I try it on and it hangs all wrong and then I think Oh maybe I need a smaller size. I can never remember wearing a size 8 EVER!
You look great , isn't it awesome to feel strong? I love it!

Matilda08
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
WTG nice job!

rachael
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice! I would have to triple my daughter (she's 4) to get a similar picture. I have to say, though, when I am carrying her upstairs I wonder how the heck I managed getting around carrying three of her all the time. It's crazy.

Regarding the question aobut how kids take it, my daughter just will occasionally say I have gotten thinner. It doesn't seem to phase her much.

Caring4myself
02-14-2011, 03:39 PM
As others have said, that's a great visual. I'm sure your body is happy and relieved to be lighter.

Arctic Mama
02-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I had to come back to this picture, I STILL can't get over how very tiny you are. You have such a delicate, feminine bone structure and the weightloss shows it off marvelously.

Huge, huge high fives from me!

Eliana
02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
I had to come back to this picture, I STILL can't get over how very tiny you are. You have such a delicate, feminine bone structure and the weightloss shows it off marvelously.

Huge, huge high fives from me!
YOU are my new best friend. :D

oodlesofnoodles
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
OMG Eliana you look tiny!!! You look amazing! That's such a great idea putting the kid on your back haha, I love it.

Eliana
02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
I think maybe my "little boy" is dwarfing me. He's a very big 9 year old. I'm not really that tiny. I keep going back and looking myself and I'm not seeing what you guys are.

Nola Celeste
02-14-2011, 06:57 PM
You look amazing, and that shade of red is very much your color. Not only do you look great, but you look like you've spent life being your own "after" picture--strong, shapely, fit.

Ever since I saw this picture of you and your son, I've thought about it off and on throughout my day. I don't have any kids and would have to strap all three of my cats to my body to equal my weight loss to date (not going to happen--I think they'd object), but it really puts it into perspective. Going out to get the mail? Pick up the kid. Doing laundry? That weight is with you. Going shopping? Don't forget those 85 pounds! Everywhere, all the time.

And you've been able to shed that weight. You must feel as light and strong as titanium when you stop and think about it. That is awesome! :)

Arctic Mama
02-14-2011, 09:31 PM
If you aren't seeing it, its more likely your brain playing tricks on you than a camera playing tricks on US :D