Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

Talking So proud of us!

My mom and I just started WW together a week ago. Last night was the first night we went out to eat together and I have to say we did so well! I researched my meal before I went and I brought her the nutrition facts for some of the meals I thought she would want. We both ate, felt satisfied and stayed on track.

Tonight we are going to our hardest restuarant yet..... japanese hibachi!
I researched what we can have and how many points it all is. We are planning our meal before hand and im even bringing a measuring cup with me so I can measure my rice (I dont think my dad and DH thought I was serious when I told them that). I'm really proud of us for staying so on track the first week and going out two nights in a row!
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Yayyyyy!!!! Congrats! I know how hard it can be to go out to eat and want what everyone else is having yet have to order something within a certain point range. I usually stick to Applebee's because the points are listed on the menu but I have gone to a few places which were tricky when ordering.

Don't feel silly about bringing measuring cups! I do the same thing and I also bring my own cream cheese when I go to Tim Horton's and I keep a bottle of salad dressing in my purse. Silly I know but it keeps me on track by having a few simple things in my purse.

Enjoy your dinner tonight!!

Last edited by KimberlyP; 02-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Congrats to both of you! It feels great, doesn't it?!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
Yayyyyy!!!! Congrats! I know how hard it can be to go out to eat and want what everyone else is having yet have to order something within a certain point range. I usually stick to Applebee's because the points are listed on the menu but I have gone to a few places which were tricky when ordering.

Don't feel silly about bringing measuring cups! I do the same thing and I also bring my own cream cheese when I go to Tim Horton's and I keep a bottle of salad dressing in my purse. Silly I know but it keeps me on track by having a few simple things in my purse.

Enjoy your dinner tonight!!
My aunt was at dinner with us and was asking all these questions like "can you eat that"? I just measured my food and went on with my meal.
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Congratulations! Eating out on a diet is tough. Good for you sticking with it! I love hibachi, so I can say you are a strong person to leave it behind on your plate!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #6  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

UGH...my mother does that..."Can you eat that?" drives me nuts. I tell her all the time I can eat whatever I want within reason and as long as I have the points for it. She's done weight watchers before...so it's not like she doesn't know...

Pet Peeve of mine...
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #7  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

So great that you will have the support of each other. Best of luck on your journey
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #8  

Location: Near the OK/TX line- I travel between two different homes.

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I love that you took your measuring cup with you. The next time I go out to eat I am going to take one too!
lauriebug81 is offline   Reply With Quote