South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - The Weekend - Feb. 12 & 13

Good morning and here's some coffee. There's tea and other liquids too but I need a caffeine shot this morning. My dogs went to the kennel late yesterday so I can't use them as an excuse for being awake from 3 a.m. I guess it's good to be up so early though as I need to leave for Kingston at 7:30.

Today I am "privileged" to be to spend my day locked in the Cathedral electing a new Bishop for the Diocese of Ontario. I hope it's a fast process but I doubt it will be as there are seven candidates so very little chance of a clear majority on the first ballot. My choice is a guy who loves dogs, drinks Scotch, has a sense of humour and will look good in the pointy hat and robes. Call me shallow, OK?

If we are finished before dark, I need to hie me to a quilt shop for some special thread that was not available in Brockville yesterday.

Doesn't that all sound exciting? Please be a surrogate for me and have some fun today!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good luck with the voting, Ruth! I hope it goes well for you and the Scotch guy at least shares if he doesn't win.

We're home from Connor's basketball game and have a couple hours before it's time to get the girls ready for the Daddy-Daughter Princess Ball this evening. They're VERY excited, to put it lightly.

I still have yesterday's laundry to fold. Blech.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Why oh why don't Bed and Breakfasts have coffee available earlier or in the room? I don't know how people move without coffee in the morning.

We are in NY and heading to my parents after breakfast. My brother arrived from VA Thursday and my DD and her BF will be here after lunch. I'm so glad everyone will be there. I know my parents are excited to have everyone at the house (still missing my SIL and nieces though).

Have a good day Chicks
Old 02-12-2011, 07:03 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Ruth, I hope your day goes well. I've got no idea how far you actually have to travel, but drive safely!

Kara, a Daddy Daughter Princess Ball sounds very exciting!

Hi Cyndi! I'm sorry you're struggling with caffeine deprivation this morning. Enjoy the celebration with your parents!

I got my labwork results and am shocked to see that my cholesterol has gone up. It's been a couple of years since I had it checked but I was quite heavy at the time and it was under 200. I've lost so much weight and I've been exercising and eating well but I'm up to 212. My 'good' cholesterol is high but I don't like being over 200 so I have to figure out what I can do to change that. I'm guessing it may be up because of my age? I need to do some googling today to figure out how to get back under 200. Can anyone recommend a good resource for that?

Enjoy your Saturday friends!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Heidi, I know that moderate amounts of wine and not so moderate amounts of exercise are good for cholesterol, but you probably already knew that. Had you been fasting when you had this test? There are many who feel taking a statin is not a big deal - have you discussed this with the dr.?

I ate off plan foods last night (tortilla chips and bagel chips) but it was not terrible so I'm not really going to worry about it. I didn't eat a lot of them. Tonight we are going to friend's for dinner but I already know the menu and will be able to stay on plan. Today we go and do our taxes! Wish us luck - I'll report back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day today...
Old 02-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I have an image of Ruth in a pointy hat and a long robe in my head that will stay with me all day. I hope the voting process goes smoothly and fast so you can be out of there, Ruth!

Kara, I bet Avery is thrilled to be able to go to the dance this year. I remember her sad little face from last year's pictures. I bet excitement is running rampant at your home right now, and I hope we get to see more pictures!

Cyndi, I'll have a coffee in your honor, but I don't think it will help you any, will it. Have a wonderful time at your parents' with your family and wish them a Happy 50th from me!

Heidi, I'm afraid I can't be of much help for finding info on cholesterol, but I'm sure there must be many good sources out there. How is your chin today? I hope the swelling is finally gone!

Matilda, I'm glad you had a nice evening with your friends last night. Good luck on your taxes, we're getting ours done next Sunday.

After breakfast I have to make a quick run over to Mom & Dad's, then go pick up my DD and GD at the train station. Carley is going to spend the night, and Amber is coming over so they can have a sleepover. In the morning, we'll take Carley back home in time to get ready for her performance with the Cherub Choir at church, and afterwards Monica is hosting a brunch. I'm looking forward to a pleasant weekend.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-12-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Annie - My thoughts are with you and your family

We are going out to eat with friends tonight which is probably why I went off plan yesterday. That seems to be a horrible pattern of pre-cheating with me. Funny how I ate sugary carbs but less calories than I burned and still gained as much weight as it has taken me two weeks to lose! Hate the "morning after" feeling of regret. Sigh.

Big warm up coming. It will be a mess of melting.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Thank you Matilda. I do exercise, but I don't drink wine. Maybe I should start? 212 isn't high enough that the doctor is worried, I won't even have it checked again til next year. Below 200 is what you're supposed to shoot for though. I'm trying to avoid having to take an Rx in the future. Yes, I was fasting when they did the test. Have a good time tonight and good luck with the taxes! I hope there's a healthy refund in your future.

Linda, my face is still swollen. Enough so that I'm canceling my shopping trip to the city today. It's one thing to have elementary school kids staring at me but I don't feel like having strangers in stores checking out my misshapen chin. LOL I can't really complain though, I have no pain and the tooth itself looks great. It does sound like you've got a really nice weekend planned!

Karen have fun tonight. And thank you for the PM.

Now I am picturing Ruth in the pointy hat and long gown - but with a glass of scotch in her hand...

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-12-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: too many smileys again. :(
Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Cyndi, my dream is to open a bed and breakfast one day. I will have to remember to put coffee presses in the rooms.

Heidi, I have no cholesterol-lowering advice but BIG HUGE CONGRATS to you for getting to your goal!

Matilda, good luck on your taxes!

Linda, your weekend sounds just lovely! Enjoy! I'll be sure to post pictures of the girls and my handsome prince.

Karen, I am in a mood today and the Girl Scout cookies look so tempting but your post made me stronger. Hope your dinner out is good!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

I hear everyone about the temptations! I went out for an exercise walk, and the whole time I walked I had to talk myself out of getting a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich! Came home and made an omlette and had a whole wheat pita, but it was touch and go for a while.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

Last night wasn't the best OP program for me, but I know it was just a hiccup and today will be great.

Today is my son's last performance of "Jack and the Giant." It's been a fun show. Next week he audtions for "Alice and Wonderland". That is our main excitment for the day.

Yesterday we got a piano. I am so excited to have it. I am just waiting for DH to wake up so I can play it. I got home to late last night to play, DS had already gone to bed. I played all the way through college.

Have a great day!!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #12  
sophie

good morning,

Ruth - you cracked me up, I will have to watch the news tonight to see if they mention it.

Kara - how sweet is that, daddy's girl going to a ball with him.

Cyndi - a wonderful 50th to your parents, its a wonderful achievement.

Matilda - I'm with you on those Friday night munchies, thinking of giving up cheese for lent.

Karen - I know what you mean, I use to really eat sensibly when I went out and then came home an eat out of control.

Cottage - enjoy your family filled weekend, as usual.

Tan - sounds like you have a future actor in your family, enjoy your piano.

me - thinking of starting some spring cleaning because who knows when I will get it done when DD and family comes to live here for a while. SIL parents are only 20 minutes away but they prefer it here.
Everyone else to follow have a great weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

A fly by for me today. We have our therapy dog Valentines Puppy Party today AND mom and sis are in town right now. We've been cleaning everything. Rudi looks good and Bing has managed not to get in any scurge so far.(probably because everything is frozen). I have to ice my sugar free cake and make a salad then we're out of here. I always volunteer to organize the food which means it's reasonably healthy. I guess we'll swim with the family after the party.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #14  
Be happy.

I'm back - checking in here is my reward for wading through the maze of cholesterol links on google.

I'm more confused than ever. I've taken quizzes on 3 different websites and they all say the same thing. My goals should be to get my LDL below 130 (It's 126), my HDL above 45 (It's 64) and my triglycerides below 150 (They're 110).

I guess for now I'll just keep eating and exercising the way I have been but add supplements. Fergie takes fish oil every day, so I took one of his this morning, and I'll pick up some plant sterol capsules next time I'm at the drug store.

Debbie, the Puppy Valentines Party sounds terrific! Good food and great fun. Have fun.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,
I don't normally check in on these daily threads, but this weekend is different -- just finished a hellish week, slept for a combined 11 hours (10pm to 4am, drove hubby to the airport for a trip to visit his cousin & family, came back and slept again from 5am to 11!), and now I have the house to myself for an entire WEEK! Is it bad to say that even though it's Valentine's Day soon I'm kind of excited for this?? I've already got my word document open and titled it "all the stuff I'm going to get done and have fun doing this week"...HA! (Don't get me wrong I love him to pieces, but it's an interesting feeling of freedom when you can be totally selfish for a week!!!)

I'm not following the plan exactly...so I hope that's OK here. Basically since I started paying attention two and a half weeks ago it's been more like a p1.5 than a true p1, but I'm ok with that (past experiences with SB tell me I need some fruit in my life). And I've mentioned in other threads I'm combining SB with WWP+, and so far so good -- down 5 lbs!

But the last few nights have been totally off plan. Burritos and beer (and tortilla chips of course) and then last night homemade pizza and frozen yogurt with all the toppings (oh and wine...lots of it). I think, yet again, I was using food as an emotional release since I'd had such an insane week. But I'm back OP today, and for the rest of the week! I can do it! Especially with hubby gone it will be easy to not be tempted.

Heidi, I hear you on the cholesterol. I have been avoiding getting mine tested again after being told to make some changes. I know I need to add in more exercise!! That reminds me...gotta go update my minutes in the February exercise thread!

Cheers!
snoozle
Closed Thread