100 lb. Club - Evil Pretzels

View Full Version : Evil Pretzels

spixiet
02-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Little bowls of salty, carby, happiness surrounding me at the staff meeting today. Resisted the urge for the first couple hours, but then gave in. However, I tallied every little pretzel I put in my mouth (I think the people next to me noticed...there were a couple little grins every time I made a little tally mark, lol), and I stopped after what I guessed was about an ounce (my 19 pretzels were actually exactly one serving), checked and logged the calories later...

Unfortunately, I'm now feeling bingey (most of my carb intake typically comes from fruit and veggies), and angsty since the scale's been stuck for a little bit - so it looks like I'm going to be chewing tons of gum and drinking lots of tea before and after dinner today to try and resist the very strong urge to binge :mad:

cheeriloos
02-10-2011, 06:30 PM
no worries! You are not going to binge because you already feel it coming on so stay out of the kitchen and be strong , win today. just get through today you are doing great! I had pretzels today too! with hummus

AZ Sunrises
02-10-2011, 06:45 PM
:dust: You know what triggered the cravings, and you have the ability to not cave. You *can* do this.

I've never been a pretzel fan. Some greasy kettle-cooked spuds in a bag, and I'm gorging though. :o

fillupthesky
02-11-2011, 03:14 AM
you're doing great!!!

i drink a liter of water when i get like that, to get myself feeling full.
although its not pretzels for me. for some reason, i have this little obsession with goldfish crackers. weird. if i see them on the shelf at the market it can trigger me.

DixC Chix
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I've been pulling for you to win your evening battle.

spixiet
02-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Morning is now here, and I can officially say that the pretzels did not win :carrot: Had my yummy dinner of roasted chicken breast, green beans, and strawberry spinach salad...then ate a couple pieces of gum over the course of the evening...and am completely back on track :D

DixC Chix
02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Yay!!! I knew you would do it. You did all the right things to be successful in this fight. You managed the temptation with a reasonable serving, counted it, you came here to express your feelings and to be accountable, you had a plan and stuck to it to fight the binge.

You are amazing!!

lisanovak
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah! Wtg!

duckyyellowfeet
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Awesome job :)
Pretzels: 0
spixiet: 1 bazillion gold stars

alsten02
02-11-2011, 01:30 PM
ive had several days like that, urge to binge was so strong.. tea/mints/mouthwash and it finally passed haha.. feels GREAT afterwards, definitely worth fighting it off :) wtg!