Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #31  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Diana; Now you have to buy them

LindseyLou you are so dedicated!

Belly Buster today is a new snack free day

shellsbrood That is awesome about college! It will be easier this time around.

-----------

I held steady at my 152. Scale even flashed 151.5 lbs. -- So close to my 140's.
My husband is really liking my shrinking frame He keeps staring at me Also with weight loss, I have been dressing up each day quite nice, wearing make up and doing my hair. -- I used to feel so yucky and I just wore sweats and no make up.

Looks like my DD has some blood sugar issues. She is eating now every two hours. She got really scared. She is not very food driven, but she realizes that next time she could get hurt even worse. -- So she is packing string cheese, apples to take with her to school.

Plan for today is to walk 4 miles. My eating is off. I am forcing myself to eat. I have no appetite. Has this ever happened to you when started following healthy diet?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lindsey About the restaurant menu, I would probably have something grilled. I would ask if they could make a grilled chicken soft taco. I see they have grilled fish tacos. I would load up on the lettuce and tomatoes. That's what I would do.
Ok, just out of curiosity how "bad" do you think the Croque Monsieur (under Grilled Plates) would be? It's ham and brie cheese on toasted french bread. I've kind of always wanted to try one. Maybe I'll have to do some googling of calories for those...

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-11-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Quote:
Sum Ack! You are suppose to talk me out of them! I think I like the way they look on me, too.
You are done losing and in maintance, aren't you? Then buy them! I bought $90.00 DKNY jeans in December and then had to pay $12 to get them taken in around the waist b/c I had only worn them twice before the waist was too big. Now they are already too big again but I don't think they can be taken in anymore. So now I have spent over $100.00 on the jeans and have worn them about 5 times. Not worth it!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post

I held steady at my 152. Scale even flashed 151.5 lbs. -- So close to my 140's.
My husband is really liking my shrinking frame He keeps staring at me Also with weight loss, I have been dressing up each day quite nice, wearing make up and doing my hair. -- I used to feel so yucky and I just wore sweats and no make up.

Looks like my DD has some blood sugar issues. She is eating now every two hours. She got really scared. She is not very food driven, but she realizes that next time she could get hurt even worse. -- So she is packing string cheese, apples to take with her to school.

Plan for today is to walk 4 miles. My eating is off. I am forcing myself to eat. I have no appetite. Has this ever happened to you when started following healthy diet?
It's always nice when DH gives me a second look! Enjoy it!! I'm sorry to hear about your DD, hopefully those little snacks will help regulate her blood sugar.

Great work walking 4 miles! When I first started I didn't have that problem. After a while, things that normally sounded good, didn't and I really had to try and figure what I could eat that sounded appetizing. That's key I think when you go through that "phase," if you like it and it's healthy eat it until your appetite returns.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Quote:
Shells Congrats on all of the positive comments. I am very uncomfortable with the comments I get, too. I know I should be happy about them, but like I said before, I just want to be "normal". Whatever that is. I don't mind a simple, 'you look nice today', etc. All of that stuff just feels weird.
I have been thinking about this a lot. I have been getting a lot of compliments. Mostly from people at the gym... I am afraid it will go to my head and I won't keep going. It is like I am getting the compliments TOO SOON.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
It is like I am getting the compliments TOO SOON.
Stacy, you deserve the comments. ****, you ALL do! You gals are rocking it and it's showing! You're certainly not getting them "too soon." You've lost 71 pounds, that's amazing! I can only speak from my limited experience with comments, is that it can be weird/awkward like Diana said. I would much rather someone just tell me I "look good" versus "You look like you've lost weight!"

I'm not sure if I told you ladies what my aunt said to me during our visit at Christmas but I'll share. First here's some background info on my aunt. My mom's sister for as long as I can remember has been thin, works out daily, very conscious of how she looks. My mom to me is thin, about 140 pounds on a 5'6" frame, she looks great (although she might not always agree)!! But, since my mom is technically "bigger" than my aunt, my mom has gotten a lot of comments over the years from her. It's sad really, because my mom is very active and she looks amazing - I tell her that ever time I see her!

Anyways...we were having Christmas at my grandma's house and my aunt came up to me and said "Gee, Linds, you look like you've lost some weight. You're starting to look pretty good." There was a pause...and I said jokingly "What are you trying to say?" (I apparently didn't look so good before?!) She had no words, and walked off. I'm not sure if she intentionally meant to say it that way as a jab, but with her past behavior one might think so. I got a lot of comments while I was on vacation, at that time I was down about 21-22 pounds. Ever time I saw my MIL she would tell me "Gosh, you look so tiny and thin." It was nice at first that my family noticed, but then when we would go out to eat she made comments that made me feel weird. For example, we went to breakfast and I ordered a spinach egg beater omelet with low fat cheese and fruit for the side. She ordered steak and onions and home fries. When my food came she was like "That's why you're so thin! Look what you eat!" It was just weird, I felt like I was being in a way criticized for eating healthy. She continued to make comments while we ate to my DH "well no wonder I'm fat, I should be eating what she's eating." Anyways...it was weird. Then I had family that never said ANYTHING to me about it. Like they didn't notice anything different about the way I looked, ate, anything.

Sorry, that was long.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Lindsey This is what I found:
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...ieur-sandwich/ 543 calories
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...oque-monsieur/ This one per person would be almost 900 calories
Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #38  

Quote:
Lindsey This is what I found:
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...ieur-sandwich/ 543 calories
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...oque-monsieur/ This one per person would be almost 900 calories
Yikes! Maybe I'll make a "healthified" one at home some time with low fat stuff. I think I'm going to get a turkey and provolone panini (300-350 cals) with a salad.

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-11-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #39  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Wonderful People!!!!!!

I don't have time for personals except for a couple that stuck out.

Diana: Basing your personals on the new thread will never be considered cheating.

Linds: Awesome workout last night. Rest, rest, rest today. What time is the race tomorrow?

I'm up .8 today. Didn't get to run yesterday. I had to shovel the layer of ice and snow on my sidewalk that I've been ignoring for days. And I am sore from it today. My arms and shoulders feel really fatigued today. I also did something to my neck and when I look to the left, it HURTS. And my back hurts...probably from shoveling too. MY GOODNESS!!! I am a mess today!!! LOL

I won't be going to the gym today either. Not with my neck feeling the way it does and I have dinner plans with a friend and her DS anyway. I'm definitely achey this morning, so that's what I'm attributing my gain to.

Hope everyone has a wonderful morning. I'll try to check back at lunch time.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #40  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
For example, we went to breakfast and I ordered a spinach egg beater omelet with low fat cheese and fruit for the side. She ordered steak and onions and home fries. When my food came she was like "That's why you're so thin! Look what you eat!" It was just weird, I felt like I was being in a way criticized for eating healthy. She continued to make comments while we ate to my DH "well no wonder I'm fat, I should be eating what she's eating." Anyways...it was weird. Then I had family that never said ANYTHING to me about it. Like they didn't notice anything different about the way I looked, ate, anything.
Linds, I feel you on this. What that says to me is that you were kind of like a mirror to her. She knows full well that she shouldn't be eating all of that stuff. She sees you following through with your plans and it makes HER uncomfortable because she was all of sudden faced with look at herself and her own behaviors.

I have begun to run into this myself. Right now, my family says absolutely NOTHING about my weight loss. That comes from me having a very heated conversation with my father. He always used to "try" and help by mentioning that he feels that I had gained a few pounds. He's done that most of my adult life because I've been overweight since I was 13. One day, I just couldn't take it anymore and I let him have it. I told him that it really hurt my feelings when he would say things like that. There was more said, but you get my point. From that moment on, my weight has never been mentioned again. Me gaining or me losing. That works for my parents.

Anywho, my impression of her was that she suddenly became SUPER insecure around you. Don't let it bother you. Just let it roll off. She wants you to feel awkward because your very obvious successes are making HER feel awkward. Try not to let it get to you. This is something "new" that we all have to deal with as we succeed on our journeys.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #41  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Scales today said 155lbs even. Water weight? It has to be... Anyway...

I made SUCH a yummy breakfast today that I had to share!!

I made a low-cal omelet, using 10 small asparagus spears, 1 serving of deli turkey (low sodium), 1 slice of cheese, 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg. I topped it with 2t of spicy Thai sweet chili sauce. Total 272 calories and 25g protein. It was half the size of my plate!

I've got a busy, busy day ahead of me. I have a baby shower cake and chocolates to make, a house to clean and plans to make. I totally didn't realize my daughter's 3rd birthday was so close!! She wants a pink, Dora, Fancy birthday party. LOL!! Oh, and she found some fabric in my fabric drawer that she has been BEGGING me to make a dress out of. It's yellow with cupcakes all over it. By the time my own birthday rolls around next month, I'm going to be all partied-out. LOL
Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #42  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Sum Ack! You are suppose to talk me out of them! I think I like the way they look on me, too.
I was just jeans shopping yesterday and my blog is a HUGE rant about jeans, or my experience with trying them on and today's fashions. Then this morning a friend of mine mentioned them as they were talked about on some morning show as the jean for women who like and look better in a higher rise jean. And you are at or near goal now, so spending the $ on them makes more sense. If you want to be COMPLETELY sensible, wait a few months for the body to settle into it's new maintenance weight and then get the best gosh darn wardrobe that makes you feel HOT! You've earned it!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-11-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #43  

I agree with all of you, I absolutely hate comments like "oh wow, you have lost a LOT of weight haven't you?", or "How much weight have you lost?". First, I never tell anyone except DH and DSs that I am dieting or working out harder, so no one knows until it shows. Some people are just so rude and inquisitive, it makes me uncomfortable. Maybe I don't tell anyone in case I fail? And then I think, man, I must have been realllllly fat if they are already noticing I've lost weight.
Now on the other hand, if people are noticing, it is very validating that you are on the right track, so it does make you feel good in a way, it is just uncomfortable to be talking to people about something so personal.
Thats my 2 cents.
Good news, sort of. I am no longer 209!!!!!!!!! My scale shows 208 this morning, so lets hope it sticks and I can see 207ish soon to be back to my ticker weight I don't think I will show a loss for this week (first one since I started, sniff, sniff), but really, I have lost this week, unfortunately I gained this week too . Ok, that was confusing.

Started my 6 week weight training program today. It felt great. No cardio today.
Have to go get application for passport today for our April vacation to Costa Rica and then right after school, we leave to go to a Pistons vs. Heat game. Should be fun, but not sure how eating will go. I plan to eat at 3:00 before we pick up the kids, but I will be hungry before we get home. Not very good choices in a stadium.
Diana 3271, buy the jeans! You deserve to look good in your jeans. That is an interesting name, where do you buy them? (for future reference of course)
Belly, so close to Onderland! Cheering you on
Shells, a cheer for you too, you are right there too
Sum, I really wasn't very hungry through the month of Jan., but last week or two I have been getting hungrier. I think I have been eating more carbs than initially. If I am careful with carbs, I don't have much of an appetite. I just use the non hungry days to stay on the lower end of my calories, and like Shells, some days I have to have an extra snack or serving of dinner just to get to my calories. Other days, I eat most of my calories early and only have like 300 for dinner! I'd rather not be hungry.
Larry, good job this week!
Stacee, you sure inspire me everyday!
Vixsin rest that neck! Motrin and heat will help
Lindsey, good luck with your race tomorrow! Are you carb loading today?
Juicy, feel better, good eating plan yesterday!
LL, I think one shot mixed drinks (no sugary mix ins) are 100 calories avg. I looked up rum and diet coke before my DH went to his national meeting. He ended up drinking light beer though for a few more calories (okay a lot more by time you drink several of them ). We also looked at the new low calorie beers, but they have half the alcohol too so it would be good if you don't really want to get drunk, but if you're trying for a buzz, you'd have to drink twice as many and I am sure they cost the same as the reg. beer! HTH
Anyone I missed, HI
I LOVE hearing about everyones losses and NSVs!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #44  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Changed my weight as it was still down this morning, so I'll accept it as real, even though it was point six higher than yesterday. How did it go from 245 on the nose to 243.0 the next day and 243.6 the day after that. I didn't have one day at 244, but I'll count it as 244 until it's 243.0 or a few tenths lower.

I got my heart rate monitor and used it for the first time yesterday. Boy, have they come a long way since the one I bought in 1999! I decided to get a fitness watch with heart rate monitor because once the weather is better, I'll go outside and walk. We live in a planned community with trails everywhere and I want to know WHERE I'm going and how far!

My work out was great and my heart rate stayed in the target zones for 55 minutes, the remaining 11 were warm up/cool down.

I went jeans shopping yesterday. What an experience! First NOTHING at marshalls. Low rise and flared bottoms are SO not flattering on my frame. I did pick up two pairs of jeans at goodwill that are in great shape. One Liz Claiborne and one LLBean. Now I can have clothes that don't swim on me (My jeans were too lose before I started dropping lbs). Then I saw a pair of size 14 Lily Pulitzer jeans and they are so cute. I can get them on over my hips, so I figure by late spring they should fit (seem to be more in line with a 16 than a standard 14) and since they are a lightweight jean looking fabric, it will be perfect for the season. They were still new with tags for $4.75, so I couldn't pass them up! $27 for 3 pants and 5 books. Goodwill is NOT the way it used to be, new with tags stuff, clean and full of ordinary folks looking for bargains. For my inbetween sizes, Goodwill will be my store of choice!

Now for personals:

Diana - I already responded about the jeans, but wanted to add - find the size you like and look for deals too. I never pay full price for anything. Of course, with their recent promo on a morning show,they're probably trending HOT, but a sale will come sooner or later. OR treat yourself as you deserve it!

Sum - I'm sorry about your daughter, but maybe a little scare woke her up too. She's old enough to start thinking about her own health too! And about not being so hungry - part of it is probably worry about your daughter too, don't you think? And yes, I'm less hungry now that before. Strange really!

Shells - you are doing so fantastically! And those compliments are well earned.

Stacygee- Same for you! You HAVE earned those compliments! Just because you aren't finished yet, doesn't mean you aren't looking great and probably exuding more confidence too!

Pint Sized Terror - keep up the effort. Sometimes weight is stubborn. I was stuck at 250-251 for nearly two weeks, and then the Whoosh! And the last two weeks I've lost 6! it will come. I promise!

LindseyLou - good for you for researching lunch options before going out. Planning is so important. Any news on the vet stuff yet?

LLBold - you are working HARD! Good for you!

Vixsin - sorry that you are so sore and achy, but that chopping ice and snow was burning more calories than the work outs you do, I'm sure! Hope the neck feels better tomorrow.

Larry - Great eating plan and I do the same with potlucks, but it has more to do with being picky about other people's foods.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #45  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Today i'm feeling MUCH better. Just cant get rid of this cough. I weighed in today and I was a little disappointed at the fact that i gained .8 pounds. I know its not a lot, but after losing 5 last week I was hoping for me. I know its because I havent exercised since tuesday and I've been eating a lot of soup, which has a lot of sodium. Im definitely heading to the gym tonight! Cant wait to get back on track!
Closed Thread