UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Default Whats your Inspiration / Motivation

Obviously we are all doing this for our health but normally something triggers you to do this I was just wondering (if you dont mine me asking) what made you start dieting

With me its turning 30 in july I want to look as good as I can be when the day comes. shallow i know its just 30 scares the **** out of me and I really couldnt face it fat
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I read an article that said you would feel better if you got rid of all clothing that you do not wear. I filled a great number of large trashbags with articles, many of which still had tags on. I had bought articles at great discounts because I was sure I would fit into them. This gave me such a release! Before that, I would go into my large, overcrowded closet, and start trying on outfits. Some days I would try on six or seven pairs of slacks, all in the same color, before I found a pair I could live with for the day. After going through all my clothes, I put my two favorite pairs of jeans in the attic, and only left clothing I liked and fit into in my closet! What a great feeling to know that when you went into the closet everything on the hangers and shelves fit!!!

In October I realized my largest clothes were getting very tight, and I decided I had to try ONE MORE TIME. I brought the two pairs of jeans down from the attic to keep trying on as incentive, increased my exercise, starting eating differently (always a protein or fat with a carb) and counting calories.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #3  

I will have to try that my clothes are a mess I just shove them all in to an otterman and rummage through at will.
I love my skinny jeans but I havent been able to fit in to them since 2005 I would love to rock them again
Old 02-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #4  
The True Ice Queen

S/C/G: 270/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I turned 30 last June and I feel like an old bag. Probably cause I'm way overweight. Losing it will definitely help I think.

I'm doing it for a couple reasons. I'm graduating this semester and my career is going to put me smack dab in the middle of all things television. So I want to look good for the television if I ever get there.

Second... well... there's this guy I like.. and he's really just awesome. So if I can get down to like 140, I'd have the guts to actually do something about my little crush.

Last edited by 30 Fat Still Awesome; 02-10-2011 at 08:33 PM.
30 Fat Still Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #5  

Dont let being overweight stop you making a move on your man. are you friends with this man already?
There is a totally hot guy that gets my train every morning my jaw hits the floor when I see him he is so beautiful, but I am married so only allowed to look
30 scares me ALOT I still feel like a teenager most of the time and cant believe how old I am lol
What are you going to be doing in television? sounds really interesting Im in construction and its pretty boring at times.
Good luck with your man and good luck on the finals
Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #6  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi,

My main reasons for getting slim and fit are returning back to the UK after 3 and a half years living abroad this April. When I go back I want people to be impressed that I"m looking good, not just see me as the same old fat girl I was when I left.

Also, I want to get fit because my lifestyle in England is wayyyy more active than it is here, I walk everywhere, and here I've been soooo lazy, as is the culture, I think even walking would have been a struggle.

I'm also hoping to go back to uni and study an MA in September, and will obviously be meeting new people. And I want those new people to be the first since I was about 15 to meet a healthy me.

Marie, I think your goal to be fit before your birthday is great, think of the outfit you'll be able to get for your party!

Monica, I love your wardrobe story. I guess another reason I want to lose weight is so when I go home and need to update my wardrobe, I can just walk into a store and buy anything, that would be amazing!

30fsa, I agree with Marie, don't let your weight stop you getting your man!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #7  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

my motivation is that my life has pretty much been turned upside down, and i need to get my confidence back to get through it. my fiance left on boxing day, meaning i am now single and jobless. theres no way i want to get into another relationship at this size, and even interviews are so daunting, i keep thinking employers will worry i wont be able to do the job because of my weight. im fed up of walking round clothing stores trying to hide the size marker on the hanger!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #8  
focused.

S/C/G: 125/65/65 (kg)

Height: 1.73/5'8"

For some of us its simpler than that. It took me 26 years to realise.. It is just food, it will be here tomorrow n the day after, all it provides you with is energy to enjoy life
Engraved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/124/120

Height: 5ft 2

Im doing this because I want to be fitter and healthier! In 2010, I was drinking waayyyy too much and smoking like a chimney. But I started running in November and quit smoking at Christmas and I feel so much better for it.
I also have to admit that I'm also losing weight because of the job i'm in. It's pretty much a requirement to look good!
Cat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

I finally realised how much of my life I was missing out on. I avoid clothes shopping, make excuses not to go out with friends, have lost contact with old friends because I dont want to have to meet up with them, hate attending parents evening, football matches with my kids because of how I look and how I feel people will perceive me. Something had to change because I was becoming more and more withdrawn and unhappy, which led to more binging and putting on more weight.
I have eaten sensibly for the past 32 days and lost 16 pounds. It is a start and I already feel happier and just hope that this time I will stick at it.
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 239/239/139

Height: 5ft 4

For me, my wedding in 7 months and the thought that I would look at the pictures and just cry cos I looked so awful. Doing okay but having a few off days, still it took me years to get here, can't expect it all to go in a few weeks!
cnc0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #12  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

My children. I want them to grow up around a slim and healthy mother who installs good eating habits and a healthy attitude towards food. I dont want them to grow up overweight or with an overweight mother.
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/126/126

Height: 5-4

My motivation was having a motorcycle accident here in California and having to drag my 252 pound fat self around on crutches with a broken leg for months. It was a nightmare, especially as there are steps up to my front door. From now on its always going to be skinny for me.
KlassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 224/216/168

Height: 5' 8"

My final motivation was the realisation that walking up the three flights of stairs to my office (it's an old building with no lift and I'm on the top floor) had been gradually getting harder the more weight I put on. I had to schedule reasons to stop on different floors so that I didn't arrive in my office completely out of puff! I've lost 12lbs in 3 weeks, have started to walk to and from work and I'm already noticing a difference in my fitness level, in fact I'm making myself get up from my desk more often to get in more exercise.

I'm having a tough day today though. I've got a bit of a cold which always makes me want to comfort eat! Thanks for a thread full of motivation x
Maggie 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Partly moving near the sea, I'd hate to go to the beach this summer and see all the skinny bikinied up people and me being the only fatty. Also the possibility of getting married somewhere in the next 10 years.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote