Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #1  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default I stayed in control, so happy!

Hi,

I'm new here, but previously binge eating/overeating/eating all of the wrong things/boredom eating/eating in secret have all been my flaws. I could eat three chocolate bars for breakfast, a bag of crisps at 10am, 2 portions for lunch, a few donuts/cakes in the afternoon, a snack before dinner and then just whatever I could find in the cupboards between dinner and bed. I was a walking dustbin, hated been fat but just couldn't change my food habits, well I could, for a few days, but it'd be soooooooooo hard, I'd obsess over it, let my healthy eating consume me until the smallest thing came along and a feast of badness later I'd fallen well and truly off the wagon.

This time, I've been 'dieting' since the beginning of Jan, and it's going great. I eat three nutritiously balanced and tasty meals a day. I no longer make excuses, I just do it. I ate my meals, and that's it. No snacking. And, Mon-Fri it works.

I'm more lenient at the weekends, and allow myself one night that I can drink beer and one day when I can snack a little. But, I'm finding I'm not even feeling the need to snack too much at the weekends now, which is fab!

However, today we had a midweek day off work, and I've been dreading it. All my colleagues including my housemate decided to go out for drinks and food last night, which I declined. Felt stupid sat at home, but I did my workout DVD, ate a stirfry watched a movie and got an early night. I know what I'm like, I'm not ready to go a restuarant and make the 'right' food choices, nor am I ready to be able to have one day off in the week and know I'll deffo get back on the next, so avoidance was the only thing I could do.

Then today, my housemate had a hangover, and has been eating chocolate, ice cream, fried eggs, the works, throughout the day. I was so worried when I went to the supermarket I'd decide I could treat today like the weekend and have a treat or two (and the mood I was in I know that would have turned into 10).

But, I'm so proud that from somewhere I found my self control and bought only what I went in for and have managed a 'perfect' day on my new lifeplan even with all the temptations and stuff going on. Now I just hope the scales are kind when I weigh in in the morning!

Well, whatever, I'm feeling good that no matter what's going on with my body, my mind is certainly getting the hang of this, yippee!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

That is so fantastic! There are too many victories in your post to count - It seems like the mini-victories are what strengthen resolve and retrain our brains in new ways with new habits. You should buy yourself a pedicure or something to treat yourself
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/127/118

Height: 5'2

Congratulations!! For me the mental part is by far the biggest hurdle...I work at an office where free food (bad food) runs rampant...and its free...so there is just so much temptation every day during the week I spend a lot of energy making sure I'm not mindlessly snacking all day long...I'm happy to see that you were able to do it!!...keep up the good work
specialk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #4  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Good work!
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #5  

Thank you! Really feeling very proud at the moment
Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Wow, way to go takingcontrol! I also noticed on your S/C/G that you've already lost quite a bit- congratulations!! I hope I can kick myself into gear with the 'no excuses' attitude.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #7  

Indiblue, thanks! My start weight on there is what I weighed last November and I shifted a couple of kilos before I began the new me at the start of Jan, I've lost about 6kg since I began then, which is 13.2, almost a stone beasted, oh yeah