Weight Loss Support - Getting Married in July!!!

View Full Version : Getting Married in July!!!

club
02-09-2011, 03:10 PM
So, I was on here awhile ago and then stoped everything! I was doing a little of counting calories and LA weight loss. I am currently at 137.8 this morning and I need to get back into it. I will now be getting married in 6 months!!! Ahhh. I only want to loose like 10-15 pounds. But it seems like they dont' want to go anywhere. Since I stopped actively doing anything (diet or exercise) I have pretty mutch maintaned my weight. What does that say? What am I supposed to do now? Where do I start? I have plenty of time to lose the weight I want to but I have to start now.

I 'gave up' last time because it seems like when I got to this point I couldn't go any further. I tried different things and those last few pounds would not budge. I need them to budge now. Anything you can share with me will be appreciated. Thank you

niafabo
02-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I say maintain for a few months and then go back and try for those last few pounds. I dunno why but if you take a break it's easier to get the weight to come down when you go back on plan. Just something I've noticed.

patchworkpenguin
02-09-2011, 04:11 PM
No advise, but Best Wishes!

bargoo
02-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Welcome and good luck ! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage . Are you anywhere near Rochester ? I am a native of Minnesota.

marianne78
02-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Best wishes on your wedding and good luck on your new weight loss goal. :)

club
02-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Thank you everyone!!!

Bargoo, yes I am near Rochester, I work in Rochester but live about 45 minutes away.

I hope I can do it!!

bargoo
02-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Thank you everyone!!!

Bargoo, yes I am near Rochester, I work in Rochester but live about 45 minutes away.

I hope I can do it!!

I was born in Northern Minnesota but grew up in Southern Minnesota. Dodge County and Rochester as well , went to high school in Rochester.
If we Minnesota girls can survive Minnesota winters we for darn sure can be successful at dieting.

beerab
02-14-2011, 12:23 PM
You have 5 months to lose 15 lbs, that's three pounds a month which is very doable. Being you are so close to goal it's not going to be a walk in the park. You will have to be VERY diligent with diet and exercise- having an off weekend can mess up an on plan weekend very easy.

I don't know what you did before but I'd suggest calorie counting- do you happen to know how much you are eating right now while maintaining? I'd do 1200 calories a day with your weight and fill up on veggies and protein as much as possible :) Sparkpeople.com is a great food tracker :)

I'd probably ask in the lightweight section for tips or to see what they are doing to get rid of those last few lbs :)