SBD Frequently Asked Questions - Hot dogs and saurkraut?

View Full Version : Hot dogs and saurkraut?

zestfest
02-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Had the wierdest craving the other day, for hot dogs and saurkraut. Saurkraut I figure is SBD-friendly, right? It's just cabbage after all. Hot dogs I can't find any information on.

I know processed meat is typically to be avoided, but the hot dogs I bought are made with Kosher beef, are low-fat, and are 40 calories and 1 gram of unsaturated fat/link. Would they be OK? They are so convenient!

Ruthxxx
02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
What are the ingredients in the wieners? Check out the Phase II Food List. Sauerkraut is OK but is loaded with salt so may cause a blip from water weight.

Schmoodle
03-10-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't know if they are technically allowed (don't have a package to check the ingredients), but the Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs are really tasty, and about 45 calories. I don't eat them often, but every now and then I get a hot dog craving, and will have one, or take some along if I'm going to a cookout. You will be getting a lot of sodium with them and sauerkraut though, so don't be alarmed if you retain some water after eating them (as Ruth said).