South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat: Wednesday, 9 February

Good morning, ladies. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. This is the time of year where I tend to retreat into my own little world. Yesterday was 16 years since my brother's bestfriend committed suicide, 2 days after his 22nd birthday, using the gun that my brother had bought him as a birthday present the year before. He left behind a wife, 2 children, and an unborn child who is now a teenager and the spitting image of him. 16 years later I still don't understand it...I don't reckon I ever will.

Wow...enough of that depression. Had my CPR recertification class yesterday which wasn't bad, but it messed up my day off, LOL Back to work today and tomorrow and then I'm off all weekend. Got my 2nd 5K on Saturday...woot woot!!!

So what is everyone's plans for today??? Mine are sleep, gym, work, and then gym again. I've worked out 9 days in a row if I remember right...let's see if I can go this entire month w/o having a single rest day. That would be awesome!!! The scale is STILL stuck and it's, for lack of a nicer phrase, really pissing me off. I talked to my roommate, who is a runner, and I'm going to start running w/ her soon. Hopefully that will kickstart some weight loss for me. I haven't come this far to stay stuck in the 260s!!!

Hope everybody has a great day. *hugs* to all!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry for your loss, Natasha. That is a sad story. I hope your running with your roommate works out! I prefer to run by myself but I know I'm weird there.

We've got our busy Wednesday today. The girls have to be at school early so Kadyn can go swimming and then after school we have ballet, the girls' martial arts, Connor's basketball practice, and Cub Scouts. Whew.

Better get these girlies dressed so they don't have to go to school in their PJs!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh my goodness, Kara...that's a busy day!!! I best let you get going, LOL
Old 02-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Yes, Wednesdays are our busy days. I always think it's going to be easier to schedule everything in succession but then it just ends up being exhausting.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, you two Early Chicks. It's so nice to see someone has opened up the joint - the cabana boys are slacking off!

Busy day yesterday but I did get a break when my afternoon appointment canceled because of illness. I still had Dan here working on accounting and curator Paul in for a coffee mid-afternoon but it was great to not have to go anywhere. I had some lovely "me" time late afternoon and got some fun quilting done.

Today I have a few errands and then another relatively peaceful day. My niggle list may help me fill the time.

Have a happy and productive day.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Natasha,
Wow, if you lived in a different area I would say that you and I have a connection through that story, except the one in my life happened about 30 years ago, but otherwise the circumstances are eerily similar. Then another person in my life also committed suicide (this person was an ex-boyfriend, I don't want to say more about the first person because you just never know who reads these boards!). I would really recommend that you read a book on being left behind by a suicide. There are very particular feelings associated with being linked with someone who commits suicide rather than passing in a different way. Let me know if you want to talk more.

Also, I pulled out my little SAD light and started using it again yesterday, and I can already feel it helping. This time of year can just be very depressing and don't you work night shift? Something to look into....I am thinking of you.

Anyway, I went out to dinner last night and made good choices, so I'm happy. This month has been a struggle. By the way, I haven't experienced cravings as much now that I have given up my apple! What a learning experience this is.

At work today: office clean up, then the dreaded quarterly report we all have to turn into my boss. I'm behind by at least a quarter, maybe two, and it's a task I dread. I'm going to start doing them monthly now, but still have to make up what is missing!

On Saturday we go see our accountant...I did a test run on TurboTax and it looks like we may be getting a refund, not a huge one, but still. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #7  

Really struggling diet wise now....Not sure why. Frankly sort of tired of thinking about it??? I don't know how else to explain this but I feel really tired (physically) and by 2:00-4:00 I am starving. Then, at supper time I make poor choices b/c of this starving state??? I have started exercising and maybe that is why I feel so hungry?? I don't know- sorry for the ramble but I'm very disgusted this week. I am going to try adding a vitamin...for the tired part of my problem. Hope everyone is much better than me.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies! Natasha and Matilda, now that it's happened in my family I'm starting to realize that there are very few people around who have not been affected by a suicide. I'm sorry you've both had to go through that.

I look like Jay Leno this morning. My chin is so swollen that the skin hurts. (I had that root canal on my lower front tooth yesterday afternoon.) The funny thing is that the tooth itself feels great - better than it's felt since I broke it and had it repaired in September. And it looks great, it's back to it's normal color again. But I sure look lousy today. My class doesn't do well with substitutes, so I'm going in to school even though I look like heck.

On a brighter note, I finally joined facebook. I've been avoiding it for years but it's everywhere now and was just getting too hard to avoid. I'm planning to use good self-control and not spend hours on there every day as so many of my friends and family do!

Have a great Wednesday ladies! In a perverse sort of way I'm looking forward to school this morning. I'm wondering what my 5 year olds are going to say about my lovely new chin!

ETA Lisa, I just saw your post.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-09-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Chicklets!

I'm very thankful for my coffee this morning. There must be a watermain break somewhere in the neighborhood, and we have just barely a trickle of water coming through. I opted to fill the coffeepot with it, rather than try to take a shower. One must have priorities!

Natasha, that's a sad and tragic story. I hope you're doing OK.

Kara, what a busy day for you! How do you fit it all in?

Ruth, I'm glad you were able to take it easy and have a restful day yesterday!

Matilda, I hope getting those quarterlies done isn't too tedious!

Litar, I'm sending some your way. I hope it helps! Hang in there!

Whew, it's only 7* here right now. That may explain why we don't have water. I hope it's back on by the time I get home later today!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, I don't think you're being vain at all and understand exactly how you're feeling. I, too, am thrilled when I can easily slip into my size 8s and feel thin, but then I see pictures of myself and am hugely disappointed in how I look. But then I think of the alternative, and how I'd be looking if I wasn't following SBD. It puts things in perspective for me.
I'm glad your tooth feels better, but that's a shame about the pain and swelling in your chin. I hope it feels better soon!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

fly by this morning. Hope your Hump Day passes without any bumps.

Natasha, Mathilda, Heidi and anyone else - this is a club no one wants to join but more of us belong than most people know.

Is it wrong to all in sick so I can play with my new Kindle? Sadly I know the answer to that one already. Have a good day friends!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - Glad you got a diagnosis and it is something fixable.

Okie - Sorry about the job. Here's to an exciting adventure!

Lisa - I'm always quite hungry by afternoon. I have to snack. Often I have another small snack before dinner. It is never pretty if I get TOO hungry. Drinking a lot of tea helps me some too.

Heidi - I guess I am in a minority - I can spend just minutes on FB a day. Of course I spend hours in the blog world!

Anyone else see Dr. A on Dr. Oz? Tonight is our last ever parent teacher conferences! I admit I was a bit tempted not to bother at this point. I mean, really, he is getting all As and his college applications are done and the year will be over before we know it. But, just can't NOT go, I guess.

Have a good one all!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

A quick good morning!!

Today will be longggggg. I have parent teacher conferences. They were supposed to be last week, but thanks to the snow days they are today. I also have to go to training in the afternoon. Hopefully, it is interesting.

Be safe and healthy!!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, what kind of quilt project are you working on?

Matilda, hope the reports are done quickly and painlessly!

Lisa, my secret is that we have dinner at about 3:00 and then lunch at 6:00. I don't need a lot in my belly at night but I sure was hungry in the afternoon. I eat breakfast around 8:00 and have a "first lunch" (cottage cheese or yogurt or something small) around 11:00 and then the big meal around 3:00. I save a plate for Tom to warm up when he gets home.

Heidi, I'm glad your tooth is feeling better!

Linda, hope your water is back on soon!

Cyndi, glad you got a diagnosis. Hope they're able to move forward for you now! I have electrical stimulation in college and it helped a lot, although it scared the heck out of me the first time!

Karen, I thought Dr. A. had passed. Oh, I'm thinking of the Atkins guy. What did Dr. A. have to say?

Tanner's mom, good luck at the conferences!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks. Yesterday was exhausting. I had to leave for work at 5:30 AM and didn't get home until 8PM. Long meeting, traffic, etc. Makes me SO glad I don't have to do that too often, and also on the bright side, will probably take off Thursday and Friday afternoons for comp time. The kids were on their own all day and they did great, got off to school on time, fed themselves, although they saved the math homework until I got home. I guess they really can survive without me LOL. Food choices excellent until on the way home, starving, out of food, and tired. Will do better today. Better get to work, Happy Hump Day, all!
Closed Thread