Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Help, losing site of my goal.

Hello everyone, I haven't been on for a while.
I Have been struggling, losing site of my.goal.
How do you stay on track ?
It seems I reach a point , then the self sabatoge sets in.
Inner Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

what's going on, darlin? why the sabotage? what are you afraid of? or having trouble handling?

while you work this out, please remember to take it one meal at a time, one mouthful at a time. stay in the present - not the future, not the past.

jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

What was your original goal to begin with? I find that in order for me to not flip flop all over the place regarding my weight is to keep my orginial goal in mind at all times. For me, mine is simple. I want to weigh my ideal BMI which is 140 lbs or 22%. Sure, there are times when I want to look like Kelly Ripa but I keep reminding myself that first things first.

Do the footwork and allow your body to respond.

Much love.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/283/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I am pretty new here and I have a hill to climb, but I think start off small. Decide that you will post every day that you are able to and just say how your day went. Then look at what "inspires" that derailment-if that's what's happening. I know my triggers. Finally-WOW, look at what you've lost already! Congratulations on your loss. You can do this. We are in this together, even though we meet online. Have a better day!
Tamsin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #5  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

First off congrats on your weightloss so far
I found that keeping a log of what I eat and the exercise I do on a daily basis really helped me keep on track for the months it took me to get to my goal weight. It also let me see what nutrition I was getting too and it kept me in check because I could see why my weightloss would slow, but I had to be very honest with myself and log in everything that I ate even if it was something I should'nt have had. I'm only human =)
There are alot of online sights that you can use for free or your can write it in a notebook. I like the online sites better because they already have the nutrional info preprogramed.
Keep your chin up your doing fine,you can do it

Last edited by GinaG; 02-11-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'5"

Everyone , thank you all for your support. I wish I could say u am doing better. Since my last adjustment, it is to tightso everything has been coming back up. dr will take some out today. I think i just have to focus on me. which is hard to do when life gets crazy , kids, caregivers of dad , I forget that time for me. Thanks for the advise.
Inner Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #7  
Old Cackler

one of the hardest things i found about surgery is that it FORCED me to focus on myself - a really alien concept. and after talking to a lot of people, i've realized that i'm not alone. in fact, a therapist once told me that overweight people DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to themselves - to their size, to how the weight feels. once we start 'living in our bodies' - which really means paying attention - we start having problems.

sooooo - please be gentle with yourself. this is a PROCESS not a quick fix, and most of the effort takes place in our heads and emotions, not with what we put in our mouths.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #8  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

sooooo - please be gentle with yourself. this is a PROCESS not a quick fix, and most of the effort takes place in our heads and emotions, not with what we put in our mouths.

Thank you Jiffy for saying this! It needs to be repeated a gazillion times as a mantra for all of us here, regardless of how we are going about losing weight. Finally, we are all coming to terms with the fact it is not about diets but about the interior journey we must take.

When I am going through a skids, like I have been for the past month, it is a good thing for me to remind myself over and over again. When our heads and our emotions are at odds with our bodies it is going to show up on the scales.

When I am really feeling overwhelmed and stressed, I am learning to cut way back and make no excuses, apologies or ask for concessions. I need it and I am going to fight for it. Period!

It's not fun and it can feel just plain "icky and uncomfortable" but I agree with the statement that we need to learn to listen to how our body feels and not ignore it. Had we done that on the way up the scale we might have not needed to travel so far down the scales to realize it.

God bless and good luck
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote