Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 5 (02/07-02/13)

Bigmid
02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Okay Blue Team here we are at week 5 we had some awesome losses for week 4:carrot::carrot:

WOOHOO!!!!! Let's keep this competition going and show the Red Team what we are all about.

I want to say thanks to the Red Team for coming over and trying to push us. As it was said they are just ribbing us and trying to motivate us please do not take offence to this as it is just a little healthy competition. If you want go on over to their thread and make a little comment of your own. (All in fun and in good spirit please) We are all in the same boat here and the end result is the same for everyone on both teams........Losing this weight.

I am sorry if anyone took offence to any of the ribbing but I know 100% that that was not the intention of anyone on the Red Team or our own team when we post challanges or comments.

Sorry also I did not get on here sooner to clear things up.

I have been working all weekend to get the house ready for the market......and success the papers are signed and the house is decluttered. Now for more decluttering once the house sells...don't want to move all my crap again. Just keeping what I absolutly need.

I will be back to post the BL soon.

We lost 4 more members this week.

Keep up the great work everyone and I hope to be a better leader from today forward. I apoligise if I have neglected you all.

Bigmid
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Congratulations to our Biggest Losers for Week 4:

Biggest Loser:
Narnia99, -4, -1.91%

Honorable Mentions:
KimberleyP, -2.8, -1.57%
sandlll, -4.1lbs, -2.24%
tytbody, -3lbs, -1.81%

Team Loss of -23.4lbs, -.32%

If you notice the percentages are not in highest order......remember you must post in the chat thread at least once a week in order to be the BL

PageLynn
02-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Congrats Narnia99, KimberleyP, sandlll, tytbody! Here's to a better week!
Superbowl Sunday killed me! I went over point and calorie wise. But Hey tomorrow is another day! And no more big holidays in the way! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Soon2BFitChick
02-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Hi Bluezers!!! :cheer3:

I hope you all had a nice weekend. I didn't lose much this week so hoping for more next week! :goodscale:

I have started exercising again. Even if it's only 5 mins at a time. That's the best way to start back if you ask me. I just do a few more mins every day til I work my way up, then I'm in the habit but didn't kill myself getting there! Working toward 30 mins a day. Then more later. But every little bit helps. I jog waiting for the microwave to cook something, I jog while watching tv (sometimes, lol) and I do leg lifts when I am going to bed, etc. Helps me to do it that way. Hard to get 30 straight mins with my babies all climbing on me! LOL. :bb:

Ok, well have a great week!

Hugs, Selina :hug:

:df: :yay: :dance: :belly: :bubbles: :jig: :dancer: :woops: :strong: :cb:

dream710
02-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Congrats to our biggest loser Narnia!!! Way to go KimberleyP,sandlll,tytbody on honorable mentions!! Keep up the hardwork!

W-72oz
I-I have the knowledge to make this happen
N-Fail >.<
T-caught up on fav recorded shows
E-Fail
R-took a 2 hour nap....should be caught up

To zumba or not to zumba. I'm trying to decide if I should buy the dvds. I tend to think I really want something and then buy it only to have it collect dust. Anybody own the dvds? I'm also thinking about a bodymedia or a bodybugg, are they really worth the money?

drinkypants
02-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Awesome job Narnia, Kimberley, sandlll, and tyt! Great team effort from everybody this week! :cheer3::cheer3:

Bigmid - Hopefully this week is less stressful for you :hug: I just noticed you are only 9 pounds away from goal, that's awesome!

Page - I am happy these eating holidays are over too... It's so hard to stay on plan with all the delicious food around! I told my husband no big boxes of candy for valentines day this year please lol It would be too hard not to eat them.

Selina - It's so true that every little bit of exercise helps. I started small, and worked my way up to 40 minutes of cardio 4x a week. I also jog in place while watching tv sometimes hehe

dream - I am thinking about getting the Zumba dvd's too... So many people seem to love Zumba on these boards, it makes me want to get them lol

Sundays Winter

W - 88oz - I am done shooting for half my weight, it's really hard.. I am going to try to get 100oz the rest of the week though.
I - I wont give up, or give in!
N - On Plan
T - Read for an hour
E - n/a
R - 4 hours, I'll do better tonight.

I hope you all have a great week! :dust:

Lily In Bloom
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey guys! I am planning to make this a great week. It's gonna happen. I want to get under 200 this week. I had a little dream in my head of getting to 193 by March 1st (which would be 10% lost) and if I'm gonna have even a hope of getting anywhere near that, I need to move it.

So, I'm going to be super on-plan with the diet, and I'm doing 2 workout videos a day. I've already started 30 Day Shred (today will be day 3), and I'm also doing Candlelight Yoga. I may switch out that second one a couple times, as I have several yoga videos to do, but I am determined to do all 30 days of 30DS.

Any one else got goals for the week?

This is for yesterday:
W: 100 oz
I: I am strong enough
N: Pop
T: Watched my sister on the Super Bowl 1/2 time show!
E: 30 Day Shred, day 2 and Candlelight Yoga
R: 9 hours

mommy2fat
02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Congrats Narnia!

I took a freebie this week because I had a small gain!:( I know I did better last week than I have in several. This week is going to be even better. I will post a loss this week!

I know now that I am going to have to pack my lunch daily so while I am on the road I can stay OP. I may or may not have access to microwaves and such during the day. Do any of you have any suggestions on what to pack in my cooler? I probably need to start with things that dont require much preparation. I mainly count calories, any suggestions would be great!

Have a great day!

abetterme
02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi everybody.
I had to use a freebie yesterday. I was out of town for a few days with no scale, also it's TOM anyways. Hopefully next week I will have a good loss! I didn't even weigh in when I got home. I think I will just wait and see after a really good week of work outs and eating healthy. How did everyone do with superbowl spreads?? I had pizza but managed to avoid the other stuff.
Good luck blue team! Congrats to our biggest losers last week!

KimberlyP
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys! I worked my butt off last week and tracked EVERYTHING I ate, plus I had some awesome workouts which I think really helped =D

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!

NancyO
02-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Morning team, sorry I totally forgot to post my weight yesterday, so I ended up with a freebie. I wasn't home and got distracted...but I wouldn't have affected the total in anyway since I'm exactly the same weight as the week berfore. This week I'm vowing to get on track with my eating, no more cheating here and there, so hopefully that'll get me going again.

Have a great day everyone!

Bigmid
02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi just finishing up lunch and wanted to read what's new and to say hi. I hope everyone has a great OP day.

Coco - no where near my goal anymore just to stubborn to change back my ticker. One day i guess I should maybe that would force reality upon me.

vdander24
02-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi Team! Congrats to Narnia for being the big winner this week, as well as congrats to all those still here. I am about to open the Wii Fit Plus for the first time, so I will let you all know how it goes. Here is to a GREAT week!

spryng
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi team! Sorry I'm not on here much, training for a new position at work and I'm just exausted by the time I actually get off but I'm 100% devoted to this team and I'm doing my best on my part, I lost 2.2 lbs last week which is the most I've lost in a long time! I've been tracking and watching everything I eat closely so it's paying off, yay! :)
so good luck and let's have a great week!

Bobbolink
02-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Congrats to the top 4 losers. All your hard work sure paid off:grouphug:
Biggest Loser:
Narnia99, -4, -1.91%

Honorable Mentions:
KimberleyP, -2.8, -1.57%
sandlll, -4.1lbs, -2.24%
tytbody, -3lbs, -1.81%

Team Loss of -23.4lbs, -.32%

I think I hit a plateau last week, the scale barely moved. I printed out Jacky's list of Blue team members and do the percentages every week on everyone. I like to see where I am among the whole team. Last week was the pits, I was 15th down from the top and we're down to 38 winners. We improved our over-all percentage, that was encouraging.
Have a skinny week every one.
W - Water...64 oz. plus
I - I am taking care of me
N - Nutrition, perfect! Right on Plan, no cheating
T - Time, I always take the time for daily devotions
E - :kickcan:Yes, it amounted to kicking the can.(stepper)
R - Rest 8+ Hours

Soon2BFitChick
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Have a good evening everyone! Just dropping in to say hi. I'm just taking a break and helping with homework before I make dinner.

Hugs!

Selina :hug:

:df:

PageLynn
02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Ok Today I have some personals lol. Finally!
Dream710 and CocoLoco: I have the Zumba DVDs. Right now I exercise to Zumba everyday! I love them! I bought them because my grandma and mom wanted them to be able to work out with me. And guess what? NO ONE does them with me LOL! But it's ok. Just makes it my me time.
CocoLoco: I hear ya on not wanting V-Day candy around! Good thing I have no significant other to buy it for me lol. My son better eat all of his quick so it won't lay around.
Kelsey: SuperBowl food day was bad! I made WW friendly baked zucchini stick and Jalapeņo Poppers (which turned out way too spicy so got thrown away) but I really enjoyed the fattening meatballs I made for my son (who didn't eat them) and my grandma. I had like 10 :( . And on top of that I had pizza and cheesesticks. Oh well A new day has begun and I will move on.
Bobbolink: any exercise is better than none right? Good Luck this week.

Transporter
02-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi! i just read that i need to post in the chat thread to stay in the competition.. dont drop me!! :D
well i stalled badly the first 2-3 weeks.. but this week i lost 3 lbs and i plan on keeping the weight loss trend

Cape Breton Chick
02-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey there ladies!! Thought I would pop in quickly, I worked a 12 hour day, no break today and am exhausted.. but in a great mood.. I started weight watchers online today :yay: and started tracking tonight.. I am so excited now! lol I also got my first ever pair of glasses today and although they are hard to get used to I love them! :) I need to head to bed, but wanted to check in here first.. have a great night and day tomorrow everyone!

W - drank only 70oz. today, but it is a start!
I - I am so proud of me!
N - on track, a little low on points, but will get used to that I a sure
T - this is my "me" time today..
E - fail
R - got about 7 and a half hours last night

PageLynn
02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
W - 88 oz
I - I can do this!
N - Glad for Extra Weekly points lol otherwise on plan (just needed extra pts for almond kisses thank you TOM)
T - Exercise this morning
E - Zumba Flat Abs only made it 20 min today :(
R - the best I can expect with a LO

Doragone
02-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Hi True Blues!

Worked hard today on the memorial garden, shoveling, raking, lifting, dumping buckets of dirt, whew! It's coming along, looking great. Sad to need it but happy to have it nearly done.

My weight always goes down on Monday, after the WI!!!! I just might change my WI to Monday, lol.

I apologize if I was too sensitive to what I had perceived as a put down. Just old school, I guess. No harm, no foul.

W - 60 oz, still not getting above that amount, but for me, that's progress!
I - I am still motivated.
N - OP, even a little under calories
T - Working on the memorial is peaceful time for me.:angel:
E - Working on the memorial is WORK for me.:whoo:
R - Been sleeping well, but UTI is persisting, going for more testing tomorrow.

Congratulations Narnia and all our other winner/losers. You guys help the rest of us stay motivated. Great job!!!

Dora

maryshady
02-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Stopping by to say "hi". Hope everyone is having a great week! When was the rule instated that you had to post weekly to be biggest loser? This is news to me after doing 5 of these things! lol!!!

Congrats to all the losers this week! Great Job!!

Lily In Bloom
02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Morning ladies! Just a quick check-in, today is my awful 12 hour day at work.

W- Had over my 100oz yesterday
I- I am strong enough to do this
N- Stayed fairly OP, though my snacks weren't the greatest.
T- Watched a movie w DH
E- 30 day shred day 3, candlelight yoga
R- check!

mommy2fat
02-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Good morning! I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. I did very well with my water and food! I also got in a good exercise yesterday morning. I dont want to jinx myself but my scale did go down some this morning. Seeing that is definately a motivater for me to keep up the good work!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Bobbolink
02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
W - Water...64 oz. plus
I - I am getting off my lazy butt and walking!:running:
N - Nutrition, I do fantastic 6 days a week on this. I use fitday and put in every morsel.(Sunday day off, but careful)
T - Time, I always take time for daily Bible devotions
E - Exercise: All you exercise warriors are making me guilty so I dug out my Leslie Sansone walking tape, did 20 minutes. Will do more if someone comes over and kicks me.
R - Rest 6+ Hours:tired: Set alarm early to catch a t.v. segment our DD was doing on early childhood education.

sandlll
02-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone! Ok, I don't want to lose out for not posting in the chat thread. I will get better at this! Good luck to all this week!

W - Water at least 48 ounces
I - Keep on plugging away
N - Nutrition: Trying to learn how to eat no/low dairy, no meat, low fat, and no spices, no alcohol and no chocolate fun fun fun...
T - Time, I hope to knit for a little bit on a blanket that is currently as big as a neck warmer!
E - Exercise: Shoveled for 15 min heavy wet slushy snow.
R - Rest 8 hrs

MamaP
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I have been doing terrible. Today I weighed 228 - that's an 18 lb gain from my lowest weight (in October). I know I have some water weight gain, but this is totally crazy. Months worth of hard work down the drain. I never thought I would see the 220s again and now I'm nearly 230. I have got to make the time (and find a place) to exercise. I am finding it harder and harder to care.

Bobbolink
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Kris....I'm so sorry you've gotten to the point of not caring. We will all help you, please join us in the Winter challenge. You can do it, just make up your mind to not look back. Look forward to each day, look forward to filling in your 6 challenges each day in the words Winter. You've already lost so much and you can and will lose again. Just stick with us:grouphug:

nearly 230. I have got to make the time (and find a place) to exercise. I am finding it harder and harder to care

Bobbolink
02-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Kris...this is Angela's original post for everyone to join together in helping each other make our goals.I have been thinking ladies.. how about a Winter Challenge...?
W - water intake
I - (insert self affirmation here).. I am beautiful, I can do this
N - Nutrition, just state whether or not you've had a good or bad day with food
T - time for you.. state something you have done just for you today
E - Exercise, state what you have done for exercise, or just if you did anything
R - Rest, state whether or not you got enough sleep the night before

And each day when we come to post we can just post our "Winter" in our chat post either before or after, does not have to be long or over explained, just simple...

MamaP
02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks Bobbi ~ I know I need to get my act together.

Today's Goals:
W - 100+ water
I - Es ist ein neuer Tag (It is a new day)
N - Watch the carbs & log all food
T - Put both babies in bed early enough that I can spend a little time on 3FC this evening. (I used to spend a lot more time reading and posting)
E - Just Dance with my Grandson this evening while his mom is at school (hopefully the little one will let us do this - he's sick, crabby and clingy)
R - Bed by 10:00

Purplefirefly
02-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone :wave: I missed another weigh in :( I am on week 2 with bronchitis and the antibiotics from the doc aren't helping...had to hit the ER last night to make sure it is not pneumonia, thankfully it is not and the doc thinks I should get better within another week or two. I am now officially a single mom but all I want to do is go to bed, I am so drained and sick, just miserable.

So, exercise has been out and I have to remind myself to eat...have no idea what my weight is doing through all of this. I plan to get on the scale tomorrow morning (waiting for TOM to be done with so it's a more fair check in).

I have no freebies left, but I plan to hang in here and make it through the challenge. I am determined that this is going to be a good year, even though it has been nothing but **** so far.

Cape Breton Chick
02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone.. I hope everyone had a great day... I am loving Weight Watchers Points Plus... I am feeling really good about it :)
I wish i had more time for personals.. but am so ready for bed.. eyes are drooping already.. lol

W - drank over 60 oz. - getting better.. lol
I - I am beautiful, inside and out
N - Nutrition... awesome :)
T- this is my me time today..
E - no "offical" exercise.. :(
R - rest, got a solid 8 last night

KimberlyP
02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Everyone!

Not feeling very good today but managed to stay on track.

W-Still not enough
I- I feel fantastic!
N-Stayed on plan and tracked
T-Didn't have time to do anything for myself today =(
E-Took a break from the gym today
R-Got at least 7 hours

dream710
02-09-2011, 12:28 AM
(yesterday)

W-64oz
I-I am committed
N-Fail 1900 calories
T-Read my book
E-30 min bike; 60 min yoga
R-7 1/2 hours

(today)
W-80oz
I-This is my year!
N-OP 1500 calories
T-watched Biggest loser; logged my meals into livestong
E-60 min pump; 60 min zumba
R-7 hours

KimberlyP-Good for you staying on plan while not feeling good.

Purple-I hope you get to feeling better! You've had a rough start to the year, hopefully things turn around for you real soon.

MamaP-:hug: We are here for you.

Today was a day of firsts....I did my first Zumba class, it was a blast! Definitely going to add it to my biweekly schedule. I also had my first council meeting at church, it was a real eye opener as to how much the council does to help make the church run smoothly. I had to sign up for many duties for the upcoming year and look forward to the challenge of making great changes in our Sunday School education.

MamaP
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
YESTERDAY:

W - 100+ water - Done
I - Es ist ein neuer Tag (It is a new day)
N - Watch the carbs & log all food - Done - stayed on plan
T - Put both babies in bed early enough that I can spend a little time on 3FC this evening. (I used to spend a lot more time reading and posting) - Even though Micah didn't go to bed early, I did get to spend some time on 3FC last night :comp:
E - Just Dance with my Grandson this evening while his mom is at school (hopefully the little one will let us do this - he's sick, crabby and clingy) - didn't get this accomplished.
R - Bed by 10:00 - made it by 10:15

TODAY'S GOALS:

W - 100+
I - I can do this!
N - Log all food & continue to watch the carbs
T - ???
E - Shoveled the driveway and sidewalk this morning - my back is killing me so not sure what else I will accomplish today
R - Bed by 10:00

Lily In Bloom
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Blarg, daily weighing, boo, hiss, rage.

So, I weighed myself Sunday- 203. Ok, not the greatest, but down a pound so whatevs. I weigh myself Monday- 200. Victory dance and cheers! Tuesday- 200, more cheers. Today- 203. Boo. Hiss. The only thing I can think of is that I seriously upped my exercise this week, and maybe that has something to do with it?

Bobbolink
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Good Morning Blue Team,
I'll be back later today after I finish up my last water bottle to post my Winter Challenge.
Lily...check back to what you ate yesterday or last night, if it was salty...........that's your weight gain. If I eat popcorn at night, I'm up a couple of pounds in the morning. No big deal, just water gain.
MamaP...good job on Winter challenge yesterday.
Dream...I watched biggest losers too and they picked the right dead beat to go home. I've never heard of 'livestong', what's that?T-watched Biggest loser; logged my meals into livestong
Kimberly...not enough water? Have you tried putting a splash of lemon juice in it? I don't work so I can run to the bathroom anytime. One thing I've noticed is room temperature water goes down much easier than cold water. I have a Glazed ceramic water thingie on my countertops with a spigot, made in Arizona. It keeps my water just a tad cooler than room temperature. One of the best investments I've made. It holds 1 gallon of water.
Cape chick... Glad your new plan is working for you. (Weight Watchers points plus)
Purplefire...You did so well in the past and in the honorable mentions on week 2, we all know you can do it and we'll root for you. I have no freebies left, but I plan to hang in here and make it through the challenge.
Sandlll...It doesn't take much to click into the chat, just a friendly :wave: if you have time for nothing else and will keep you eligible for biggest loser of the week. Good luck this coming week.Hi everyone! Ok, I don't want to lose out for not posting in the chat thread. I will get better at this! Good luck to all this week!
Now I have a request about some in-home walking tapes. Last night on Biggest losers, they advertised a DVD with Bob Evans on the cover. I wasn't paying much attention until the ad was over, did anyone see which tape it was? Do you have it? Do you like it?
I found the only exercise I can do are the walking tapes and I have Leslie Sansone. But.........I'm getting bored with it and want suggestions on some good tapes I can do at home. Not outside, lately it's 26 degrees below zero with wind chills.
I googled them before I started this chat and there are so many of them, I don't want to send for something and hate it. That's where you all come in, any advice? Remember I'm a 65 year old granny.

Narnia99
02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
:wave: everyone
Mentally, I had a bad day yesterday. I was so grumpy, and all I felt like doing was going to buy a ton of junk food and sit around and eat. Thankfully, I talked myself out of it. I just kept reminding myself that it would feel good in the momement, but then I would regret it. I am so glad that I didn't give in as this morning I was down a pound on the scale.

The only thing I can think of is that I seriously upped my exercise this week, and maybe that has something to do with it?

Lily, your muscles could be retaining water because of the increased exercise. Here is a great article regarding weight fluctuations: http://cathe.com/weight-gain-myths

Bobbi, go to www.collagevideo.com and under search, type in walking. A list of all the walking dvds they sell will come up, and you can watch clips from each workout to see which one would suit you. A lot of them are by Leslie Sansone, but there are also other instructors as well. I noticed Jane Fonda has a new walking dvd out. Hope this helps :)

Well I better get back to studying as I have an exam on Saturday.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

sandlll
02-09-2011, 03:15 PM
W - 64 oz (working towards, it is so hard when it is cold out)
I - Getting healthier!
N - Keeping to whole grains and less processed items...
T - Will knit
E - No
R - Yes, but still tired. I'm feeling a little under the weather.

KimberlyP
02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Weighed in this morning and lost 2.6lbs this week!

mommy2fat
02-09-2011, 06:45 PM
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Bobbi-I think you are refering to the Power Walk DVD. It is Bob's walking DVD. It has 4 miles on it and features some of the past contestants. I have only had it for a couple weeks. I do like it but I find it somewhat easy. One of the miles you use a medicine ball. I dont have one so I just used some hand weights. Each mile does get harder but I still really like Leslie Sansones 4 mile walk! You should give it a try though, I found it at either Walmart or Target for $10. It is worth having that extra workout on hand!

Doragone
02-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Bluesers!

Great job Narnia, refusing to gorge on comfort foods, you're doing so well. And that article was really helpful too.

And you too Kimberly, wow - 90lbs and counting, you are truly inspirational.

Like Bobbi, I could use something low impact for this 60 year old granny!!!

Glad to see so many doing the WINTER postings, I know it helps ME stay accountable.

I've had some difficulty with the scales too Lily, but I finally found out what my particular problem is - this persistent bladder infection. Apparently my bladder is quite swollen, and though I'm drinking good amounts of water, much of it is not being eliminated. I'm on my second round of antibiotics and am waiting for the results of the urine culture that's been sent to Portland . . . sigh. . . then maybe a different antibiotic. But at least I know my faithfulness to the plan hasn't turned on me - just my body!!!

I'll be gone again from Thurs - Sun, so I'll post an early weight, which is down a little. Maybe once I get well, my weight will move down a little quicker, but I'm still on plan for the month - trying for 240 by March1. Good luck ladies, and John too.

ttyl

Dora

Bigmid
02-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone just wanted to let you know we won the week 4 challange so WTG everyone. I will post it in the results thread when I get home.

Just to let you know no one will be off the team if they don't post in the chat thread you just can't be the BL for the week or for the challange. This rule has been in effect for a very long time. Before my time of challanges. It is a tool to make you more accountable so it has always stayed in.

I have still been bad with eating and drinking of water.....I thought once the house was on the market a stress would be relieved. Now there is a whole new set of stresses and so far for some reason I am letting them win. You would think with everthing out of my control I would take advantage of the one thing I can control. My eating and exercise. I'm just crazy I guess:)

MamaP - I am in the exact same boat I was so happy with my loss then mid October everything changed and I am also up 16-20lbs and can't get back into it. I was just saying to Nancy yesterday I just might as well give up as I can't even maintain so what is the point. I know I can't give up but we all feel like it sometimes. Hang in there we can do this together.

Well better go I'll be back later to post the results.

Bobbolink
02-09-2011, 08:43 PM
W - Water...64 oz. plus
I - I love people with a good sense of humor.
N - Nutrition, Perfectly on plan
E - Exercise: I did 15 minutes of Leslie Sansone, was going to do more after lunch but forgot.:^:
R - Rest 8+ Hours
Thanks girls for the video site, I briefly clicked on it but will have to go back and review the clips tomorrow.
Thanks Mom-u-r-not-fat (mommy2fat) about the Bob tape. I'll look into that tomorrow.
I paid bills, balanced the checkbook and cleaned out all the 2010 files this afternoon. Didn't get much else done.
Jacky, good news on week 4 !
You all have a good evening with good snack choices.

Lily In Bloom
02-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the advice guys- I posted a frustrated post on the South Beach board and they suggested some similar things. I suppose part of my problem is that I'm very impatient. If I've been working hard and don't see results I get discouraged quickly. I just need to remember that it might take a while to see good results and not give up.

dream710
02-10-2011, 12:21 AM
W-90oz
I-I can do this
N-Fail-Binged tonight
T-read my J. Grisham book
E-60 min treadmill; 60 min yoga; 45 min bowling
R-7 1/2 hours

Bobbi-Livestrong is a health website, they have a food tracker kinda like Fitday and thats where I log my calories. I think it used to be called The daily plate.

Narnia99
02-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Good evening everyone :)

W - 72 ounces
I - I went out for dinner and planned ahead and ordered a healthy meal.
N - Good!
T - Studying
E - Cardio, weights, abs, leg condition drills and stretch = 96 mins.
R - Slept well last night. 8 hours.

Kimberly - 2.6 lbs is great :cheer2:

Jacky - I remember how stressful it was when we sold our last house :hug: Hang in there, you can do this, don't give-up.

Dream - I use Livestrong to log my foods too.

Great job Narnia, refusing to gorge on comfort foods, you're doing so well. And that article was really helpful too.

Thanks so much Dora :) I am glad the article was helpful. I hope the bladder infection clears up soon.

Doragone
02-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Hi Blue Team

Went to MIL's for dinner, who always sabotages:devil: my dieting efforts, but I prevailed. Ham dinner - minimal ham, veggies, salad AND french silk chocolate pie. I had just a sliver (about 250 calories!) and I was satisfied both with the taste and my resolve.:fr: . . and stayed in my 1500 calorie range (actually 1294).

Feeling a bit better with these last antibiotics. Thanks for the kind thoughts Narnia.:hug:

Jacky - you're just in a slump, you'll recover, just don't beat yourself up. We both know you can do it - we've seen it before. One slump does not a healthy lifestyle erase. Hang in there.:hug:

W - only about 30 oz.
I - I'm pleased that I'm not on a diet, it feels pretty natural
N - OP
T - leaving for the coast tomorrow
E - none today
R - Continue getting good nights rest 6-8hrs

ttyl

Dora

MamaP
02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
MamaP - I am in the exact same boat I was so happy with my loss then mid October everything changed and I am also up 16-20lbs and can't get back into it. I was just saying to Nancy yesterday I just might as well give up as I can't even maintain so what is the point. I know I can't give up but we all feel like it sometimes. Hang in there we can do this together.

Frustrating, isn't it? To think we were so close to a goal and we let it slip away. I have also been thinking about the issue with maintaining. I think - if I can put on 15 lbs in a very short period of time, how will I ever maintain? Makes it hard to care - especially when so much other stuff is stressing me out. I have struggled with so many different things my entire life, things don't seem to go my way very often - you would think I would be used to it by now. My life is very exhausting sometimes :). I know I have a lot of blessings in my life, it's just a struggle sometimes. Like you though, I have decided not to give up. We can do this! I am down to 222.4 today ~ I was 228+ two days ago. It's amazing what a few days of being on plan, drinking my water, and watching the (junk) carbs can do. Still 12 lbs up from my lowest weight (I briefly visited 210 last fall - for about a day).

Purplefirefly ~ I hope you are feeling better. Bronchitis stinks. I manage to get it every year - at least once. I have been sick since before Christmas and am just this week starting to feel better. Hang in there.

Dora ~ I hope you are feeling better soon.

Dream710 ~ Thank you!

Lily In Bloom ~ Daily weighing takes some getting used to. The fluctuations can make you crazy, but I am one of those people that needs to weigh daily or I don't pay enough attention. It's interesting to see how quickly what I eat can affect the number on the scale.

Narnia ~ great job on not giving into the junk food temptations.

Bobbi ~ Thanks for the encouragement.

:wave: ~ sorry if I missed anyone. I hope everyone has a great day!

MamaP
02-10-2011, 12:20 PM
YESTERDAY:

W - 100+ ~ 120+
I - I can do this!
N - Log all food & continue to watch the carbs ~ Done
T - ???
E - Shoveled the driveway and sidewalk this morning - my back is killing me so not sure what else I will accomplish today
R - Bed by 10:00 ~ Didn't make it - was about 10:45, but I did take a short nap on my lunch break

TODAY'S GOALS:

W - 100+
I - I will do this!
N - Log all food & continue to watch the carbs
T - ???
E - Elliptical
R - 10:00 pm bed

Transporter
02-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Can somebody confirm that im still in the competition?

W - So far, 3 liters
I - One day at a time, and today is EASY!
N - 100% OP!
T - Bought my favorite coffee (black ice coffee with one splenda) and enjoyed my favorite song while driving
E - none
R - Not enough, i'm sleepy!

Bobbolink
02-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Transporter, you're still listed and haven't used any freebies.

Starting Weight: 203

Week 1 Weigh-in (1/16): 196 (3.45%)
Week 2 Weigh-in (1/23):195 (0.51%)
Week 3 Weigh-in (1/30):195. (Same)
Week 4 Weigh-in (2/6): 192 (1.54%)
Week 5 Weigh-in (2/13):
Week 6 Weigh-in (2/20):
Week 7 Weigh-in (2/27):
Week 8 Weigh-in (3/6):
Week 9 Weigh-in (3/13):
Week 10 Weigh-in (3/20):
Week 11 Weigh-in (3/27):
Week 12 Weigh-in (4/3):
Week 13 Weigh-in (4/10):

Bobbolink
02-10-2011, 06:51 PM
W - Water, 10 glasses of 8 oz.
I - I goofed off all day today, played games on the computer.:dizzy:
N - Nutrition, Short on calories as usual.
E - Exercise: I did 15 minutes of Leslie Sansone and another 10 minutes with my new Biggest Loser DVD.
R - Rest, not good. Woke at 2:30am with migraine headache, didn't get back to sleep so I read in my mystery book.
:val1:Gab: Jacky, I guess I'm not looking in the right place, where are the stats from last Sunday? (Week 4)

Transporter
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Transporter, you're still listed and haven't used any freebies.

thank you. i dont plan on using any freebies :)

dream710
02-11-2011, 12:33 AM
W-72oz
I-I have the power to change things
N-OP :carrot:
T-read my book; watched greys anatomy
E-75 min pool; learned the backstroke!! :D
R-7 1/2 hours

Bobbi-Did you get the new Power Walk DVD?

Dora-mmmm french silk pie :drool: Way to go on staying within your calorie range

Narnia-what kind of leg conditioning drills do you do?

MamaP-You can do this! :hug: Great job on tracking your food.

Transporter-:wave:

drinkypants
02-11-2011, 04:02 AM
I only have a little time, so I wanted to come do my WINTER, and have to say Mama P that is amazing you dropped so much already! Nice job getting back on track! :cheer3:

Page - Next paycheck I'm getting Zumba dvd's for sure, I have only heard good things about Zumba :)

W- 72oz - under my personal goal, I haven't been feeling well this week bleh
I- I wont give in, even when the TOM monster tells me I should buy a bunch of chocolate. :devil:
N- On Plan
T- Watched some netflix
E- n/a been under the weather
R- 8 hours

P.S. That is awesome we won! woohoo
BTW Bobbi the results are a sticky in this forum called Results Thread for 2011 Biggest Loser New Year New You - I keep missing it somehow myself lol
Here is a link, the results aren't there yet, but we know we won, cuz Bigmid said :carrot: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/222666-results-thread-2011-biggest-loser-new-year-new-you.html

Bobbolink
02-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Good Morning, will be back later tonight to fill in my 'Winter'.
Thanks Coco, I don't do the last minute exercise or post in the nutrition anymore. I was thinking maybe it was posted there and I missed it.
Here is a link, the results aren't there yet, but we know we won, cuz Bigmid said :carrot:
Dream...yes, I picked up the Biggest Losers DVD yesterday. It's in 10 minute segments, perfect for me. I was happy to see at least 10 past contestants on it. (Tara is the leader)
Bobbi-Did you get the new Power Walk DVD?

Now I have two DVD to mix it up with, who has the Zumba DVD? Is that something a granny can do?

inklestinkle
02-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey blue team! A really late congrats to our biggest loser and runners up this week!

Another week I haven't been able to catch up in the chat, but I'm sticking with it. Kids have been sick and I'm starting to get it, too. And it's so cold and wet. I'd really love to go for a run, but all I have is a very long gravel driveway and it's waterlogged. Sun, please?!

Oh, well. Maybe be a freebie week for me because I'm up a couple. Weather + sick kids = stress eating. :(

reji
02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I haven't been posting my WINTERs the past couple of days, but thanks to everyone who does because you remind me to drink my water. And it's paying off; my weigh-in this morning has me at a new low even though this week was TOM (well, a new low since I started to lose weight, rather than gain it!). Very exciting!

Good luck to everyone on the weigh-in this week.

MamaP
02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
YESTERDAY:

W - 100+ ~ 140+
I - I will do this!
N - Log all food & continue to watch the carbs ~ All food logged, but had a lot of carbs. (Explanation below)
T - ??? ~ Enjoyed a nice relaxing evening out with my daughter for her birthday (my son and my ex-husband's wife babysat the boys)
E - Elliptical ~ Didn't happen - but I did walk 3 flights of stairs twice
R - 10:00 pm bed ~ Got home late and was in bed by 10:45

TODAY:

W - 120+
I - I can do this!
N - Low carbs & low calorie today!
T - ???
E - Elliptical
R - Bed by 11:00? Not sure how much rest I will get tonight. I told my daughter I would be on "baby duty" tonight so she can get a decent night's sleep. The little one has been sick and has been keeping her up a lot this week.

Had an unplanned dinner out last night at a Fondue Restaurant (The Melting Pot) - it's an annual event for my daughter's birthday. We were supposed to go on Sunday (and I was planning to work it into my plan that day) but last night at 5:00 it was decided we'd go last night instead because we couldn't get a reservation for Sunday. I don't think I did too badly. I usually leave there feeling miserable - I was full, but I wasn't stuffed. My weight is up a little today, but I know it's just water weight because of the sodium and extra carbs. Gonna push the water today and really watch my carbs.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Feels good to be back in control.

Narnia99
02-11-2011, 01:23 PM
:wave: everyone
I've been struggling the last few days, but I've managed to stay somewhat on track. My youngest son is sick, and I've been studying like crazy for an exam. I'm down a pound though so I can't complain.

Dora, glad you are feeling a bit better.

Kris, good for you for getting back on track :cheer2: Nice drop on the scale too!

Elise, hope your children are feeling better soon.

Reji, congratulations on your new low :cp:

Narnia-what kind of leg conditioning drills do you do?

I use various segments from Cathe Friedrich's home workout dvds. She's my favorite instructor so I use her dvds often. Here's a link to Cathe's site if you're interested in viewing her workouts: http://shop.cathe.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1

I will be back later to post my WINTER for today.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

PageLynn
02-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Bobbolink: I wouldn't recommend Zumba dvds for you. There is a lot on jumping. I guess you could just not jump but also they get really intense. Check the workouts out on YouTube. Maybe I am wrong and you do them but I know my grandma can't do and we bought them thinking she would be able to do it with me.

Transporter
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
W-72oz
I-I have the power to change things
N-OP :carrot:
T-read my book; watched greys anatomy
E-75 min pool; learned the backstroke!! :D
R-7 1/2 hours

Transporter-:wave:

:carrot: hey there :hug:
Congrats on learning the backstroke!

PageLynn
02-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I even added to my exercises this morning 60 minutes of SNOW SHOVELING! Talk about major calorie burn! I now HATE snow! 13 inches this week and 6 last week! My car was buried!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=867975568012&set=a.606494393382.2229816.17115680

Bobbolink
02-11-2011, 08:55 PM
After I posted this morning, my internet service went out. They said someone would come out tomorrow and fix it unless they could fix it on their end. I was so lost today without it. Thankfully they just got it fixed so I can post my Winter.
Friday, Feb 11th
W - Water, 9 glasses of 8 oz.
I - I have a beautiful English Setter who is my best friend. DH comes in 2nd:rofl:
N - Nutrition, I purposely over shot my calories to bump myself out of this stupid plateau.
E - Exercise: 10 minutes with my new Biggest Loser DVD. Also did some vigorous cleaning at the church.
R - Rest, not good again. Woke up around 2am with restless legs syndrome.

Transporter
02-11-2011, 09:50 PM
W-130 oz
I-I can do this.
N-OP 100%
T- Black ice coffee!!
E-None
R-8 hours!

dream710
02-12-2011, 01:07 AM
W-50oz
I-I have the strength to do this
N-FAIL...FAIL...FAIL
T-watched Town
E-Day of Rest (see below for reason)
R-6 hours; DS decided mommy needed to get up at 3:30 :(

Weigh in is not looking good for me. I was hoping to be in the 160's but I've managed to move in the wrong direction (way too many high calorie/sodium days)

dream710
02-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Narnia-Do you have the kick max dvd?

MamaP
02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
YESTERDAY'S GOALS:

W - 120+ ~ Done
I - I can do this!
N - Low carbs & low calorie today! ~ Did really good - no cheats
T - ???
E - Elliptical ~ I can't do much on the elliptical, but I did my 3 minutes (sad, I know - but that's better than the one minute I used to do :) )
R - Bed by 11:00? ~ Was in bed by 11:00 and got to sleep until 8:00 a.m. - amazing. I only tossed and turned a little during the night. :)

TODAY'S GOALS:

W - 100+ ~ Water intake is much more difficult for me on the weekends.
I - I will do this!
N - Log all food & continue to watch the carbs ~ No pizza at the birthday party today.
T - Going to my great-nephew's 3rd birthday party at an indoor play place. Gonna have a good time playing with my grandsons.
E - Elliptical
R - 11:00 pm bed ~ I will definitely be on baby duty tonight so my daughter can have a break.

I'll be back later to catch up with everyone ~ I gotta get moving so we can get to the birthday party. Hope everyone has a great day.

Transporter
02-12-2011, 03:01 PM
TODAY'S GOALS:

W - 100+ ~ Water intake is much more difficult for me on the weekends.

I'll be back later to catch up with everyone ~ I gotta get moving so we can get to the birthday party. Hope everyone has a great day.

What helped me alot with water is purchasing 1.5 liter bottles, i know two 1.5 liter bottle is the amount of water i need to drink per day, it helps ALOT.
You can do it!

Good luck to everybody on tomorrows weigh in! GO BLUE TEAM! W00t W00t!!:carrot::carrot:

Bigmid
02-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone the results are posted now sorry about the delay.

I'm just heading out again as today is our first open house. I have been spending ever extra second getting the house ready so sorry I have been neglecting my duties on here.

I hope the house sells today I am keeping my fingers crossed and if you will cross yours too maybe that would help.....:)

I will be gone tonight but will be back in the morning to catch up with everyone.

Have a great day and don't forget to WI for tomorrow.

Transporter
02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I hope the house sells today I am keeping my fingers crossed and if you will cross yours too maybe that would help.....:)

Fingers crossed!!:carrot::carrot::hug:

Bobbolink
02-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Hello girls, congrats on winning week #4. You all did great.
Jacky, I'm crossing my fingers too!:crossed:
DH grilled steaks for supper tonight and I told him not to put any salt on my steak because I had to weigh in tomorrow morning. He didn't salt it but put on some steak seasonings. Guess what the 1st ingredient was? SALT! I retain water so I'll probably be all bloated in the morning.

Saturday, Feb 12th
W - Water, 10 glasses of 8 oz.
I - I ate a piece of cake today:cry:
N - Nutrition, stayed under my calorie goal but ate cake.:cry:
E - Exercise: 5 minutes only, mad at myself because I ate cake.:cry:
R - Rest, great!

Transporter
02-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Hello girls, congrats on winning week #4. You all did great.
Jacky, I'm crossing my fingers too!:crossed:
DH grilled steaks for supper tonight and I told him not to put any salt on my steak because I had to weigh in tomorrow morning. He didn't salt it but put on some steak seasonings. Guess what the 1st ingredient was? SALT! I retain water so I'll probably be all bloated in the morning.

Dont sweat the cake! you stayed under your caloric intake which is good :hug:
I dont know what kind of diet plan you are, but as long as you are in the correct calorie range you should not gain, you just might not lose today, or maybe you will? sometime when i have something i crave i lose. Drink water and you will be fine!

dream710
02-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey team! Hope all is well. I just finished converting my DS's bed from a crib to a toddler bed. I'm guessing bed time is going to be a struggle.

W~48oz
I~ I am strong
N~FAIL...
T~Watched DOOL
E~none
R~7 hours

Bigmid~ I hope the open house was a success.

MamaP~Great job getting on the elliptical. 3 min is better than no minutes. I always think starting out slow and increasing the amount of time is the best way. You are doing great getting back on track, keep up the hardwork.

Bobbi~I too tend to retain water. I've been told to drink hot lemon water and thats suppose to help. Not sure if I believe that it works, but I try it from time to time.

mommy2fat
02-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Good morning. The scale did go down but not much being I missed the weigh in last week. Only 1 lb from two weeks ago.:( But its better than gaining. I start my new job on Thursday this week and I am so worried about eating out alot!! Then next Monday I have to be in Texas all week, (I live in NC). So I will be eating out all week!!! Ugh, I sure hope the hotel has some type of workout facility. That is going to be my only saving grace.

I hope everyone had a great week! I reviewed the WI totals that were already posted. It looks like there were alot of losers!!

Bobbolink
02-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Just a quick note and I'm on my way to church. I don't post my Winter Challenge on Sundays, it's my day off. I just wanted to congratulate those that have already posted a loss, it's looking good.
For me, :tantrum:Water retention.........sorry girls. That salty steak I had last night did me in. I only showed a 0.08% loss but it'll work to my advantage on the next weigh in. Good luck everyone!

Bigmid
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Transporter, Bobbi, dream - Thanks so far no offers but I guess there was some good reviews on how the house looked. So hopefully it will sell soon

I ate very badly yesterday and it showed this morning. I was down yesterday so might have to post that one:).

Well I bought Wii Zumba so going to try that today. I hope it's fun and thT I can follow it. Its sunny here today and supposed to warm up a bit so might go for a walk and get some fresh air in these lungs.

Have a great day everyone remember to WI.

NancyO
02-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Morning Blues, well I'm finally down a lb as of today, but since it's my TOM and I saw a 3lb loss earlier in the week, hopefully next week will be even better! I was a lot better about eating this week, pretty much stuck to my WW points and didn't go over much. Now to keep that up next week.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

PageLynn
02-13-2011, 01:13 PM
This week has been a bad week. I am still trying to figure out what to do with APs (activity points) and WPs (weekly points); weight watcher things. Also trying to find the sweet spot on exercising. I didn't exercise yesterday as my body was so sore from all the exercising and snow shoveling. But the scale showed it today. Water retention bad! Sore muscles will do that unfortunately lol. Plus I ate at my mom's new bf's house. The food was good but I have no idea how anything was cooked. Maybe too much salt too? Not sure. I am gonna try to change things a little up this week. Fingers crossed my weight loss goes down. Oh yeah and my hormones are off. I had a 2 week TOM and now I'm producing breastmilk again (haven't breastfed in a month. I need to figure out what's going on.
Bigmid: Good luck on the house selling.
Bobbolink: I hear ya on water retention.

dream710
02-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Bigmid~I was thinking about getting Zumba for the WII. I'll be anxious to hear all about it.

Transporter
02-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Is dance dance revolution a good workout??

Transporter
02-13-2011, 05:32 PM
W- 152 oz
I- this is my year to shine
N-OP
T- Procrastinating?
E-half hour walking while talking somebodys ear off
R- sleepy..

drinkypants
02-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Transporter, dance dance is a great workout.. and it's so fun you forget you're working out (well I do anyways.)

Great job this week Team!! :carrot:

Bigmid
02-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi shutting this one down and moving over to week 6