Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #1  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default scale weight-small for me, big for the world

I was just wondering if anyone has issues w/the actual number on the scale? Let me elaborate a little.

When I started this journey I was 207 and when I chose my goal weight of 140 I thought, my goodness that's sounds so small. Now that I'm there and I actually say that number of 140 or 139 in my head or out loud I think it sounds so huge.

I know I'm not "big" or "heavy" anymore (god I hate labels) but I feel like the number on the scale is holding me hostage. Like no matter what I look or feel like it just won't be right until I see a certain number.

Maybe it's just my own ridiculous thoughts and maybe I'm totally alone on this. I feel like I'm bordering on OCD. Has anyone else ever felt this way?
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #2  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I used to get hung up on the scale back in High School and whatnot...

Once I learned about bodyfat % and muscle building, that became more my goal. Basically...if I can pinch an inch...it's gotta go!!!! I don't go by how "good" I look in clothes...clothes can hide alot. I like the confidence of knowing that my body is firm and taught...and not riddled with cellulite. The only way to assure this is to workout hard...run, lift, diet.

I make this my focus rather than the scale. Just seems logicial IMHO.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #3  

As I get closer to my goal, I realize I probably set my goal to high. As in my body is capable of more. I know this because I know the fat I want to be rid of is still there and can still go.

While that picture says to me, that you are absolutely gorgeous as you are currently, you thinking that you are still too big even though you know you are over 67 pounds smaller and quite petite as is you still believe you can go further.

And let's face it. Even when we reach our goals, if we can still go further it is our nature as human being to want to go further if we believe it is achievable.

It sounds to me like you are challenging yourself anew, that you believe you can go further then you originally believed you could. I think you just feel as though you can go farther. I see nothing wrong with that.
Ultreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #4  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

The highest weight I saw on the scale was 300lbs and I also set my goal for 140lbs and then I thought "wow 140lbs would be amazing and I would be beyond happy!" I am only about 4lbs away from that goal and its great, however now that I'm so close I feel I can still lose a little more (I can physically tell I have more weight to lose). I think its totally normal to feel how you do about the number on the scale, just remember thats just between you and it...no one else see's that number.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thank you ladies, you're exactly right. I think I'm just over-thinking the process. I also think I'm a little scared of maintenance. For the past 14 months is been about losing weight and I think I have to adjust my mentality to match the situation.

I wish it didn't take so long for the mind to catch up with the body.

@JennyLovesKisses- You are amazing and I love love love reading your posts. What you have done is absolutely incredible!

Last edited by Hopeful8; 02-06-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

The OCD in me is making me get to 135 just so I can say I've lost 100 pounds! And I hate the fact that I am so heavy. However, even though I am still heavy, because I am, I love the way I look!! If I looked like this at 135 I'd be thrilled! I'd jump up and down and say GOAL, I'm done! But since the number doesn't match the look...I'm ludicrous.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #7  
back in the habit

S/C/G: 166/139/<130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful8 View Post
I know I'm not "big" or "heavy" anymore (god I hate labels) but I feel like the number on the scale is holding me hostage. Like no matter what I look or feel like it just won't be right until I see a certain number.
I can definitely relate to this. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my own current weight and goals, and how I used to feel like 130-anything would be a great place for me. I'm definitely making progress, but I started to notice that my daily weigh-ins were impacting my mood (and subsequently my eating behaviors, e.g. "I lost, time for a treat" or "I gained, screw it all!") too much... so, I've been taking a break from the scale for the month of February. The first few days were difficult, but not having a number dictating my mood each morning has been a welcome relief thus far. I'm still counting calories and staying on plan otherwise, and I'll hit the scales in a few weeks. I figure that my main goal is eating right and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, so ignoring the number for a bit and instead focusing on those facets of this process will hopefully make me a little less crazy.

Sometimes we just need a break
pavvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #8  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

losing weight ca actually become addicting..... an obsession..... always looking for the smaller number, no matter how small you get.... BE CAREFUL
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote