Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/247/150

Height: 5'2

Default Goals, Dates, and Reality!?

It seems like everyone has goals with a date in mind, how do you come up with the date? I have my goals but I don't know when I should meet my goal. I want to have a date so I know how I'm doing, but I don't know what's realistic.

I've lost 11lbs so far, the first week I lost six pounds, and this was when I did my best week worked out four times a week and counted calories and never cheated. The second week I got super sick, hardly ate slept most of the time and ended up losing only one pound, the third my phone didn't work and I didn't really count calories just watched what I ate..kinda....lol and I gained two pounds, the fourth week I went back on my plan and worked out three time I think and lost three pounds. This week I've already lost 2lbs and haven't worked out due to snow and rolling power outages. So yea its all over the place, hopefully february will be more constant. I do have one goal and date in mind and its to be under 200 by my birthday may 29th, is this goal too easy or realistic or too hard?
Vanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

I think most people pick dates where they have somethign big (a wedding, school reunion, etc). I haven't picked a date for the final goal. But I will pick dates for mini goals. Like, I want to be at x by next month...that kind of thing.

Sometimes picking a mini goal date can motivate me. For some people its too much pressure on themselves...or they become too focused on the date and teh number.

I wouldn't worry about picking a date...just focus on getting your diet on track first. Unless of course you think it could motivate you...lol.
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Everyone's body is different, but I feel like you could get to 200 by the end of May.

Is that 26lbs in 99 days? (may be wrong on the days, but it's late and I'm sleeeeepy)

I find it helpful to join the mini goal groups.

Good luck!
beerdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #4  

@wibblewobble I do think it could motivate me, but maybe its better no to have a date... lol idk

Last edited by Vanny; 02-04-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

I originally had a goal of 118 by March 8th, when I leave for my spring break trip. I've been losing so slowly that its probably not realistic though. My new goal is going to be making running/strength training a permanent part of my life and have some visible changes to my body by the time that its bathing suit season in Nashville ... rather than an arbitrary number.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #6  

@beerdrinker yah its a little more then 99 but yea I think I can reach hopefully even pass it. Another question since your name is beer drinker, what kinds of beer do you drink while dieting? All my favorite beers are high in calories :/
Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #7  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm a 'feather' now, so I set mine as 1.5 lbs per week -- I want to be skinny and fit by graduation. I'm fairly sure it won't happen, but you've got to prepare for the best possible outcome, right?

I think for me it's a matter of being realistic about what IS achievable but striving for something a bit harder -- and not being angry at myself for failing, if my "failure" happens while on-plan. So I'm eating to lose 1.5 lbs/wk but if I only lose 1, that's still great.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanny View Post
@beerdrinker yah its a little more then 99 but yea I think I can reach hopefully even pass it. Another question since your name is beer drinker, what kinds of beer do you drink while dieting? All my favorite beers are high in calories :/
I drink a beer (or 3) almost every day. Perhaps that's why I'm 180? Maybe not though.

What kind of beer do you like? If you say anything besides pale ales, ciders, or barleywines, I'm sure we can find you some brews that aren't too bad.

Here's a list of calories in a bunch of popular beers:

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

I've always thought, "Quality over quantity." when it comes to beer. Drink one really great beer instead of 5 low alcohol, watered down, low calorie things that are trying to be passed off as 'beer.' I understand if you're out at a party and stuff, so then have some soda water with lime and a splash of cranberry. No one has to know there's no liquor! Haha!

Totally my opinion. :P
beerdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #9  

I usually stick to blue moon and pyramid, once in awhile I'll have a woodchuck, but I work at a liquor store, so I'm always trying different things lol
I agree I'll usually do shots and drink beer,and thanks for the link.

Last edited by Vanny; 02-04-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #10  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I'd like to be down to 140 by July 1st before I go back home and have everyone see me. But I find making monthly goals intead of keeping the long ones in my head help me a lot more. Like this month I plan on losing 4 pounds if I drop more great, if it's just the 4 awsome and if I'm still at my weight...thats probably because I've sucked at my diet and can't be too mad, but even when I'm stuck at the same weight I still shrink as weird as that sounds. So try mini goals to help you through?
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote