Old 02-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #1  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

Default need a buddy!

Ive been back on the wagon this week and doing so great! I stayed OP most of all week. I had a slice of pizza at a work meeting because we were already late and I didn't want to be rude and piss off my boss even more, so afterward I made sure to hit the gym. I've set goals and am determined to do something. I feel so good about this. It's so hard but as I'm older I've learned that you just need to force yourself through the tough and you will make it out shining.

This week I started out with slim fast all week. It worked for me accept that sometimes I felt so darn hungry. I also realized that I really restricted myself from meat and essential protein this week. Tomorow I'm changing things up and going low carb and keeping up my gym routine.

I'm ultimately training for a triathlon so I'm heading to the gym daily and making sure I either do a mile on the treadmill (run walk using the C25k method), a mile on the bike, or swimming to my hearts content (which usually equals about 30-45 minutes non stop).

I think my motivation is coming from me, but also I have no distractions. My fiancee is 300 miles away and like 140 lbs so he eats whatever he wants, has an awesome metabolism I can only pray our children get. I don't have anyone tempting me with junk food and his fast food habits. I don't have friends much around here so going to the gym keeps me busy.

I love you guys and I need a support buddy! Anyone out there with similar goals?
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

We are pretty close in our goals I need to think of some rewards for myself! I hadnt thought about doing slim fast, I did it a long time ago. Something with the slim fast that I found helpful was that you can add stuff to it. I liked the chocolate shake with about 5 small frozen strawberries and 3 cubes of the ice in the blender. DELICIOUS!
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

That's awesome you're training to do a triathlon! I'm hoping to attempt a 5k at some point. Not sure when. I want to get my strength and overall physical capability up to a better level first. I've done slim fast, but I do really like the Special K protein shakes!

I'm kind of on my own too. My fiance and I just broke up, and he took all his bad eating habits with him lol. All he ever wanted to eat was burgers & fries, pizza, pasta, etc. Which is fine for him because he's skinny. Not so good for me. So anyways, now his influence won't be coming around again. I live alone and there isn't anyone around here to go to the gym with or anything. My friends are all either busy being married with kids or are skinny and eat whatever they want and never exercise. :| lol

So I'm available to be a buddy!

Last edited by surrendertolis; 02-03-2011 at 09:19 PM.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/187/150

Height: 5'11

At the risk of overloading you, I'm right ther with you also! I'm in a long distance relationship and work keeps me busy the first half of the day, the second half is the gym and then lurking on these boards and remembering to stay on plan!

My big goal is Coachella. My boyfriend and I are going in April and I don't plan to be the girl in jeans and a T-shirt surrounded by bikini tops and cutoff shorts. It's the first time I've ever had an actual date or goal in mind, and it is really helping me keep my eye on the prize. So good luck to everyone on here!
samepunchline is offline   Reply With Quote