Alternachicks - Alternachat-Dec 3rd onwards

View Full Version : Alternachat-Dec 3rd onwards

flower
12-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Can anyone post an internet radio station that plays Christmas carols? It is only one thing I really like about this holiday. :) That and all the twinkle lights. Oh, and the ornaments, but only mine. Cause they bring back memories. :)

All week I have treatened no presents because of my childrens bickering. They are so nasty to one another. And it is no fun that I can't yell at the top of my lungs at them!

WE are going to Reno today to do my Christmas shopping. I also have to finish Rileys birthday shopping. He turns 9 on the 9th. Such a bad time for a birthday, a difficult age to shop for too. There isn't anything worthy to match a new skateboard his brother asked for. I wouldn't get him one, but he needs the excersice!

The realtor called yesterday and asked if we would mind closing escrow before Christmas. I told her, close tomorrow if you want too. They think the tenants are gonna skip on Decembers rent. But I am not too confident on that one, but I sure would be happy if they are right!

Can please someone make it illegal to sell those blasted frosted circus animals! You know the ones. The frosted pink or white cookies with the sprinkles. My sm had to buy a bag and I thought I could stop at a couple and nope I can't. I stuck my hand in the bag even after a bowl of healthy cereal. I have completely turned into a 24/7 eatting machine. Not sure how to stop it either. I need to starve myself for a few days so I can remember what real hunger feels like. You know, the days of 3 meals and no more than 400 calories a meal. It has been a h_lla long time since I have attempted that!

The little kid in me wants a new puppy or kitten for Christmas. But not sure I really want one, or just want new puppy/kitty breathe in my face! I should wait till we are settled. But I am not very practical on these matters. My dad just got 2 new persians. They are so funny. I am jealous. I am yearning for a long haired weiner daog! Mini version. I found a local breeder already. :) Ah, forget it, I can already hear all of you saying to wait til I am unpacked. :)

Well, Happy Tuesday alternachicks! See ya, when I am back from the city! ~flower

mauvaisroux
12-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Hi Flower! I am just bumping up this thread for you and I closed the old one.

Yes, you are right! You should wait until you get into the new house and settled in before you buy any pets. Moving is chaotic enough without have that to deal with too! Plus if you get them before you move they will have gotten used to you parents place and then they may get traumatized by the move. Your Dad's cats may not look to kindly on a new arrival either.

Hope you had a good trip to the city and found something for your kids :)

sabrina
12-04-2002, 01:12 AM
Hi Flower,

I don't know if this service is available to everyone, but as an AT&T Broadband user, I can access several Christmas stations from here:

http://www.attbi.com/

Just click on the "Radio" button on the left-hand nav bar and
go from there. They offer several flavors of Christmas music.

You can also try going here:

http://www.efreeky.com/snowbells/about.html#

Just click on the link that says "snowbells radio".

S.

Ruthxxx
12-04-2002, 09:45 AM
What a good idea, Sabrina!~ I'm all for Christmas music to sooth the troubled breast this time of year.

Flower, do NOT get a puppy at Christmastime - especially if you will be moving. I refuse to sell any of my pups until after January 2 because life is just too stressful and confusing for them at Christmas. Long-haired dachshunds are not the world's most calm dog and need a secure and consistent environment. (Sheesh! You'd think I belonged to PETA! My DH says I'm the Mother Teresa of the dog world!)

I sort of wiped out yesterday on getting stuff done. Damned wrists get painful, I take a pain killer, then take a nap! I'm on regular Tylenol now so I hope today is more normal. I did get some shopping and errands done yesterday. Our cupboard was pretty bare and DH was hinting about calling the Food Bank.

We got our invitation to friend Bob's elegant New Year's party so I'm now thinking about the black velvet skirt and pearls (and tits!). I have a black velvet jacket that has long sleeves and must get it shortened. Bob's parties are Victorian spectaculars - sitdown dinners for 24 with antique china and silver. Nothing like money and taste!

Gotta go check out the Low Carb board - my real job - then take a bath and dress for the day. I am starting to sleep in these days -not sure if I like that new habit!

Lamorgan
12-04-2002, 10:06 AM
I'm quite the opposite... Christmas music depresses me! It took me YEARS to realize it was the trigger of regular Yule-Blues. I only listen to it when the kids are home, and haven't dragged out my cds yet. I listen to CBC radio and enjoy the classical christmas music. Sometimes you even hear Solstice music!

Off to work! Have a great day everyone...

lois

Oh, yesterday I ate EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. Not a good day at all. Today I hope I don't.

Punkinseed
12-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Well I had myself a little party last night... a (ahem) few glasses of wine to celebrate, well, everything. I'm healthy, my family's healthy, I'm celebrating my second Yule in my own home... It was one of those "all's right in the world" moments (when you choose to ignore that all is *not* right and celebrate anyway).

Lamorgan - I agree about the Christmas music. I like most of it, but I prefer the classical stuff too (no words). Maybe it's a religion thing too, I donno'...

Flower - I'd wait too. Kitty or puppy breath is the best, but probably better to wait until you're settled and Christmas is over (the stress of a kitten w/ a Christmas tree is immeasurable).

Ta' for now
Terri

flower
12-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the words of wisdom. You know, I knew you'd say that. I knew it too, but I just needed to hear it. The puppies and kitties didn't tempt me in the least but the cockatiels did, I had to say no and run as fast away as I could. I have one cockatiel already and he doesn't sing much here because there aren't as many birds around. But I heard your voices and said I would pass until January! They loved me too. They sang to me and they let me hold them.... ahhh

No, if I could have said no to the orange chicken at Panda Express. But I didn't eat the whole thing and I didn't bring home the leftovers. I made dinner instead of picking up Wendy's like normal after a day of shopping in the city. I left home at 8:30 and returned at 5:30. An hour ea way. We finished with the boys shopping! Yipee hurray!!!!!!! I spent about 130 each which includes stockings. That is about 30 more than last year but since we have no morgage payment this month, I splurged. I am still frugel. They have 4 grandmothers, 4 aunts that shop for them too.

Since I started cooking, no more heartburn or gas. Yeah! I made some seriously tangy chicken last night. If you love lemonade, I will print the recipe. But get ready to pucker!

Punkin, I am so glad the results were good. Anytime I wish for good results, the worst stuff comes along. I decided I am jinxed and let the universe decide what is best. Kinda like sports, the team I root for, always looses.

Boyfriends speedometer is broken on his new car. What do you expect for a 73 that was only 1000$. (El Camino) He loves to tinker. So, he won't get to drive for a bit, but he'll have fun getting greasy. We got news that his Bronco sold in Vegas and we do not have to insure 3 cars now! Yeah. That is a whole lot off my mind. And I will get the check tomorrow. Yippeee! Maybe the black cloud is starting to evaporate!

I have got to stay away from the snacks!!!! ~flower

Lamorgan
12-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Triggers of my childhood too.... not so bad until I look back on it!

:)

Lois

sabrina
12-04-2002, 07:16 PM
I just noticed your location is listed as Terrebonne, OR.

Isn't that the "wide spot" in the road on the way to
Bend???

S.

P.S.: Love your avatar!!!

Punkinseed
12-05-2002, 11:17 AM
Sabrina - LOL! The "wide spot".... :lol: Yea, right before the 2 stop lights that slow people down as they zoom through Redmond (presumably to get the **** outta town lest the rednecks attack).

I'm actually in Crooked River Ranch - an itsy bitsy town of 4,000 (when the snowbirds are home) just a tad bit NW of Terrebonne.

It's quite a change from where I lived the first 29 of my almost 33 years - SF bay area. Talk about culture shock... :dizzy:

Terri

sabrina
12-05-2002, 12:38 PM
That is too funny Punkinseed. My ex-husband was born and raised in Redmond, so when we were dating I would make the trip down there quite frequently.

Crooked River Ranch? I remember those commercials when I was young with Crooked River Bob ...

All joking aside, Central Oregon is beautiful. A much different beauty than that to be found West of the Cascades, but beautiful nonetheless. I haven't been there for about two years, when my fiance and I were at Sunriver for a long weekend. We must do that again soon!

The Bay Area to Central Oregon WOULD be a major culture shock! I've spent enough time in both places to recognize that!

S.

dentrassi
12-05-2002, 10:37 PM
Punkin-Glad to hear that your Mom is okay. And that you are too!!!!

soozie
12-06-2002, 02:34 AM
Hey Ruth by any chance is Bob um....gay? Just feel I can recognize my brethren is all...:lol:
Girls, I had a little eating episode tonight and last night I was a bit out of control also...tomorrow is a new day and I intend to get to the gym...didn't go today...kid didn't have school because of our snow storm.

Well, give me some encouragement or kick my butt and Ellis, email my girlfriend and tell her not to by candy and chips...she asked me if she should bring home potato chips today and I said..NO WAY...well she brought home fritos scoops...her personal favorite..guess who was munching on them? She also brought home rocher chocolates...the ones that look like little balls and have the crunchy exterior and the hazelnut inside...I ate three or four of those babies and some pretzils and six oreo cookies and four entennmen's mint milanos...oy vay.

Piggy wiggy me. Definitely have to work out tomorrow...Friday...hold me to it friends and don't let me get too off track I've been doing so well and I'm determined to really do this and I'm not giving up...this time I'm going to accomplish my goal of becoming a regular size person and I'm not giving up!

PMS or not I'm stronger than this and I have to remind myself that a moments pleasure in my mouth is not worth sacrificing my health!!

Okay..I think that I just gave myself my own pep talk.
Love ,Soozie

Ruthxxx
12-06-2002, 07:57 AM
Of course Bob is gay, Sooze. You don't think I'd be friends with a straight guy, do you? :lol:

I was helping you eat those Rocher chocolates last night - found a gold foil wrapper in my pocket this morning. They really are yummy. Back on track today, however.

Have to go stoke the woodstove, potty the pooch, put on the coffee and start the day.

TGIF everybody!

Punkinseed
12-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Happy Friday!!

The fog can go away ANY day now. When I moved to Oregon I thought "gee, I kinda miss the Napa Valley fog..." - ha, we've had freezing fog for almost a week now that lasts all day and I want it GONE!!!
I shouldn't complain I guess - I'm still waiting to hear from a friend who lives in North Carolina...

Dent - Thank you... more than anything I was glad to hear Mom's ok *before* the holidays hit. Nice gift!

Sabrina - I've heard of Crooked River Bob! Of course he's gone now and the "flavor" of the Ranch has changed (from vacation homes to the politics of a residential area), but I think it's cool to be living on an old working ranch - culture shock and all... For diversity I can go to the "big town" of Bend ( :lol: big town) and I still get my doses of CA a couple times a' year.

Ruth - Your friend Bob's holiday party sounds decadent! I love themed parties like that. Hope you have a great time!

Missed going to Curves the last few days - freezing fog makes for bad driving and I don't need to slip n' slide my way home! I get my studded tires on Thursday of next week and that should help.

Ta' for now!

Terri

katrinabgood
12-07-2002, 09:32 AM
OK, soozie...point yourself in the direction of the gym...now, bend over...KICK!
There ya go! Anyone else? Can someone do the same for me? Thanks.

soozie
12-07-2002, 12:59 PM
Thanks KAT! I'm going to call the babysitter for tomorrow. DP works alot on weekends and my gym has no sitter and it closes at 1:00pm on weekends so I'm going to work out at home today...in off topic I promised that much and I'll report back on my progress. Tomorrow I'll really go to the gym and I'm going to look at my calendar and schedule gym days for next week. Have to.

Love, Soozie

and Kat...
:flow1::flow1:BOOM!:flow1:
...that was a kick in the rear for you friend!!

katrinabgood
12-08-2002, 02:12 AM
You're a pal, Soozie! I'm going to the gym in the morning. Need to exorcise the :cookie: demon that has taken possession of my soul. (Not to mention exercise my big ol' butt!)

I do have to go to a birthday party tomorrow that I am SO dreading. Dreary SIL and her family...I could be doing so many things instead. Making small talk and chit chat with annoying people is not high on the list of things I need to do.

Sooooo...I'm going to the gym first thing in the am...then I'll eat a healthy, nourishing breakfast so that I can eat like a bird at the party. hmmph...so there. I'll show them, having parties 2 weeks before Christmas, on my weekend off, no less...like I don't have shopping, decorating, wrapping, cleaning, Christmas cards, baking to do!
grumble grumble...grrrr...boo hiss...:p :mad: :censored:

Amyjo01
12-09-2002, 09:38 PM
I don't know if you remember me but can I come back?

Really in need of some help in motivation area and you guys have always seemed to find the way to do that.

Amy

Lidian
12-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi Amy, and welcome! I haven't been here long but this is the greatest group ever - I just love the Alternachicks!

I love your quotation, by the way. Inward courage - that's exactly it, cuz no one really knows how hard this journey is. I mean, we all do - and we are here for you and with you - I mean mostly the people around us, even when they love us a lot...they can't know how tough it is.

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Lidian

Wildfire
12-09-2002, 10:15 PM
AMY JO!!!! I've been wondering where the heck you've been hiding! OF COURSE you can join us! So, fill us in....what's up in your world?

I've been laying low with this nasty crud I have. Begged the pharmacist for something to stop the coughing so I can sleep tonight, and he gave me cough syrup with codeine. My chest hurts from coughing, and oh...the headache....

Hi everyone...just a float by....

Wanttolosealot
12-09-2002, 11:46 PM
Hi Amy
Welcome back!
Virginia

mauvaisroux
12-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Hi Amy! Welcome :)

Amyjo01
12-10-2002, 12:20 AM
You know the world is mad at you when your cat pee's in your bed.

:(

sabrina
12-10-2002, 12:38 AM
Wild sed:

>>>I've been laying low with this nasty crud I have. Begged the pharmacist for something to stop the coughing so I can sleep tonight, and he gave me cough syrup with codeine. My chest hurts from coughing, and oh...the headache....

Ugh, that sounds like what I had before it turned into the SINUS INFECTION FROM ****. (Even though I don't believe in ****, if there was one, my sinus infection would be from it. LOL)
Take care of yourself and if it seems to hang on longer than it should, go see your doc.

I tried the salt water up the nose thing. It seems to help a little, and I wish I had tried it sooner. I am just deathly afraid of putting stuff up my nose!

S.

ellis
12-10-2002, 08:14 AM
Wildfire, you sick darling... get some rest! It's that party you went to last week. It put you right over the edge, didn't it? ;)
Hugs, hon...

Amy, welcome back!!

Kat, take something with you to the party so you won't waste your time. Like a craft or something. :D Take all of your gifts and wrapping paper and say, "Excuse me, can we clear the dining table, please? I am SO behind on my wrapping!"

Sabrina, are you starting to feel better, hon? I'm going to remember that salt water thingy next time I'm sick. Knock wood.

flower
12-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Yes Amy, I remember you. Welcome back!

Wldfire-feeling any better. The crud is definately going around. If it is the same thing, the cough will last up to 6 weeks! Sorry!

Lamorgan
12-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Hi Amy and everyone! I'm back too...

I'm fighting a cold and energy is way, way low....

I'm going to make cookies this afternoon ~ Yule Cookies! Suns, Moons and Cats.

Yoga was good this morning, and tonight I'll have a salt bath. This lady at yoga says it'll help the cold.

Got my hair re-streaked! I may be congested, but I look fab!

bye til later,

Lois

squeaker
12-10-2002, 11:09 PM
Random thing - tonight on the Travel channel(10pm) - there is a really cool special on my city :) it is "Secrets:Buffalo Uncovered". If you ever wanted to know what it is like...

mauvaisroux
12-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Oh, that would have been so cool Squeak! Unfortunately I don't get that channel or I would have watched it, phoo! :mad:

I ended up watching that A&E special about boobs, very interesting until they showed the breast enhancement surgery-I almost barfed!:faint: I was so grossed that I had my hand over my mouth yet could not seem to look away-I am only a 36B and there is no freaking way I would get a boob job, especially after seeing that :eek:

Amyjo01
12-11-2002, 12:27 AM
Hey peoples... thanks for the welcome.

For those of you who don't know me, I am Amy and I have eating problem..... oops wrong meeting. ;) No seriously....

I am 32 y.o. married, mother of 2... who just finished her second to last set of Final exams (do a little dance) :dance: I Graduate in May with my BSN... I start my practicum in the Emergency Room of our local Trauma Center this month ....

I haven't been here since the Separate section for "alternachicks" started. Things in my life have been complete chaos since the first of September and they just seem to be settling down. I have gained an 11 y.o. step-daughter and an ex-wife with an extra 7 y.o. son in tow... well not literally "gained" but these individuals who were not part of our daily life are now. I am still working at our local Women's and Children's hospital..love it there I have job lined up in there ER after I graduate. :) We are doing rentivation on our house to get it ready to sell when I get through with school. Where does it stop? :headache:

I have gained 20 pounds..... :( I am really not happy about it, none of my clothes fit... I feel like a slug....Oh yeah I also found out I have congenital Hip defect and a problem with one of the valves in my heart which doesn't help the fact I am already ALWAYS to tired to exercise and the medication I am onto slow my heart down makes me have even further exercise intolerance... SO..... BAHHHHH :halfempty

Then last night I sprayed my cats for fleas ... immediately one got into my new bed and pee'd in the middle of it :( and then started drooling all over the house.. then the other one got sick today... I a seriously stressed because they don't ever get "sick" and now both of them are and I induced it by not wanting to tolerate their fleas ... I am a bad mom.....

Well that is what was up with me... looks like Flower has relocated? and WF if I am not mistaken you were moving right before I stopped posting.... well again I thank you for the welcome... Hugs to you all :)

Amy
166/166/135

squeaker
12-11-2002, 11:37 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Just need to scream, before I start to yell at people here. I hate work. :p

Be back later.
:mouse:

ellis
12-11-2002, 11:43 AM
my gawd... my ears....

You okay lil' Squeak?

Lidian
12-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Squeak, please come back and vent to us! We are here for you -

Lidian

dentrassi
12-11-2002, 12:33 PM
HEY SQUEAK!! Come scream all you want sweetie!!!

Punkinseed
12-11-2002, 12:51 PM
Hello Daaahlings...

Practicing my British accent for my tea later this morning. Mom and I were invited to a "real" English tea party today and we're actually going to close the office for a couple hours and go. So, I'm all dressed up, have my pinky finger limbered up and ready to go!

Welcome back Amy!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the health stuff though... ick! But good that you're taking care of yourself! Good ta' see ya again!

Mauvais - I watched that! Called "Cleavage" - very interesting....

I have a pretty strong stomach for surgery stuff I guess. One of my good friends in CA had reconstructive breast surgery last week (after a mastectomy) and they had to bring her 1/2 way out due to some problems she was having with the anesthesia. She said she looked over and saw her nipples on a tray :lol: - she's twisted like me and we were both cracking up over this.... Ditto with my friend who had the C-section. I asked her if she realized they put her uterus on her tummy to sew it up - I thought she was going to punch me!
Oooh, sorry, is this line of discussion bothering you??? :lol:

Ok, shutting up and going back to work!

Terri

Lidian
12-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Terri, I can't get that image out of my head now...seeing one's own nipples on a tray!:lol: That must be a very...cosmic experience...I hope it was a nice tray!

I used to be able to do that pencil test. Now I can hold a whole pack of Bics there! But that is another story.

Hope your tea party is a smashing success - please tell us what it was like! I hope there were meringues and lots of lovely little cakes and cucumber sandwiches. I'll bet you sound divinely British too!

Cheerio darling!

Lidian

dentrassi
12-11-2002, 05:15 PM
HEY TERRI!!! I've never seen my nipples (or anyone ELSE'S for that matter!) on a tray before, but i know about the uterus thing. My OB/GYN asked DH if he wanted to see it during one of the c-sections!! I think he was less than thrilled, but I think it is cool!!!! He has now seen part of MY body that I haven't seen, and I have seen part of HIS body that HE hasn't seen!! (They let me go in the "room" during one of his cat scans, so I got to see the inside of his head! Or at least an image of it!! Didn't see any of his demons though!!!)

ellis
12-11-2002, 05:45 PM
heh heh. The inside of his head. heh heh.

squeaker
12-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Oh my. This whole nipple on a tray discussion is very odd. :) I do not want to see any body part not attached to me, nor do I ever want to see a body part that is not normally visable.

Welcome Amy! :wave:

Sorry for the yell earlier, but people are driving me insane at work and soon I will need places to hide bodies. ;) The only good thing was my boss's boss told me I am allowed to ignore one set of people driving me nuts. I am not allowed to do anything for them unless I ask him first.
Now if I can get a few people to do what they are suppose to do, and not ask me. I am not the person who used to to year end, and the person who did would do everything for them. I won't. I am not trained to. Her background was accounting, mine is not and they are having a very hard time understanding that concept.
And if I can get my boss, who is a very nice man, but is getting on my last nerve to leave me alone, I will be all set. He seems to think I have free time, which is a large joke. I don't get paid overtime, even though I am hourly, but still have to do it. Plus he doesn't seem to listen to a word that comes out of my mouth. Everyone in our dept. is about ready to smack him. grrrrrr.

Oh well. I at least started my shopping tonight. Got a lot more to do, including finish painting 16 ceramic pieces, a cross stich project, bake, and clean my house.

I can not deal with this right now. All I want to do is sleep. :p

Ok all done *****ing.
:mouse:

Punkinseed
12-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Ellis... youz gotta durdy miiiiiiind!!!

Lidian and all...

Tea was lovely. With all the Alan Rickman movies I've been watching (a fellow luster loaned 'em to me) I could do a damned good RP Londoner right now. Although ever since I was little I've been able to pick up accents and repeat them back - bad thing when you stay in Texas for 3 weeks then come back home... :lol:

We had cucumber sandwiches (w/ no crust of course) and deviled ham, fruit compote with clotted cream. Tea, with cream and sugar, a very good tomato and chickpea salad. Then ended with an ice and biscuit (ice cream and shortbread).

Yum!

Terri

Amyjo01
12-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Punkin that sounds wonderfullllllll...... wish I could of joined you.

Squeaker are you sure you don't work for the company I use to work at? Empathizing with you completely!!!! I walked out in the middle of the night leaving my resignation and my keys on my "wonderful" bosses desk.....

DD has a fine case of strep throat, couldn't get her in to see her Pediatrician so I took her and let the attending at the ER look at her... looks like I will have her home with me at least another day or until she is fever free for 24 hours....

So much for resting :)

Amy

Lidian
12-11-2002, 09:07 PM
Terri, it sounds great! Glad you had a good time.

I am with you on the subject of Alan Rickman too. What a gorgeous wonderful guy - I first saw him in Sense and Sensibility (a great movie) & could not understand why the Kate Winslet character didn't marry him immediately. He is far superior to Greg Wise in my opinion. I also like him as Severus Snape though it looks like they have him wearing eyeliner.

Poor Squeaker, that sounds awful - where did they find all those charming delightful people anyway? My old boss always thought I had scads of free time too. What free minutes I did have (& there weren't many) were usually spent fixing the horrid leaky photocopier! Hope that things settle down somehow. Will you get much of a vacation over the holidays? I hope so, you sure deserve a nice long one!

Amy, I hope you didn't have to wait too long at the hospital - at our local one you can sit for 3 or 4 hours before they look at you. I just sent my 4th grader back after she was sick for a couple of days - I think a lot of stuff is floating around. It goes through the schools like wildfire.

Den, the only thing I want to see on a tray is tea and cookies (& plenty of them)!

Lidian

Amyjo01
12-11-2002, 09:48 PM
I actually work in the ER where I took her so, I didn't have to wait :) ..... Just went in and let the ER doc look at her throat and got a prescription for antibiotics, perks of the job- didn't cost anything either.....

barefootgrrrl
12-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Squeak - hang in there! I am going nuts at work too! I've been in the job for over 13 yrs. Last Friday was the first time in my career that I've ever shouted at a boss -yikes! At this point, I wish they would just lay me off, I could use the rest!

Ok, ahem - back to business: I like Buffalo - especially wings and beef on weck and that honeycomb candy - what do they call it? and yes the Bills toooo :)

nipples on a tray? I would faint!

I do hope to get a breast lift (as I've said again and again! sorry)
when I am at my goal weight, but when I hear stuff like this it makes me queasy!

Love, Terri

Sojourner
12-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Tonight on ABC they are showing "Extreme Makeovers"... two women and one guy are going under the knife with lipo, plastic surgery, boob jobs, nose jobs, tummy tucks, cosmetic dentristry, lasik surgery, hair and makeup, clothing, everything... whatever they want or need. They "WON" the opportunity to have this all done for free. I can't believe this. I'm horrified yet curiously intrigued...

:chin:

Ruthxxx
12-11-2002, 10:59 PM
***** all you want, Squeak. I've been there!
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
((((squeak))) from MotheRuth

dentrassi
12-12-2002, 12:36 AM
Ellis-They were NOT doing a cat scan of his penis!!!

soozie
12-12-2002, 04:03 AM
you girls have the dirty minds...Ellis didnt' mean that at all...she just though it was funny that you saw the inside of his head...now,now you pervy girls...sheesh.

Squeak...hugs honey!
Amy...welcome back! welcome home!

the rest of the crew...Hi! I've been eating too much crap past few days...afraid to get weighed...

Have to get to gym today, now that I got my period maybe I'll be better at controling my eating!

here we are talking about boobies again...just can't wait to get mine done!!!! Don't care where they put the nipples as long as they're back in the correct location and not numb!! Actually, as we already discussed, with reduction they now can just leave them attached and work around them so you don't lose sensation...or rather, are much less likely to lose sensation then if they totally remove them and reapply...so to speak!
They used to do that routinely...remove and reapply...you know like those reusable stickers or post-it notes!
Love, Soozie

ellis
12-12-2002, 07:41 AM
Geepers, that wasn't what I meant AT ALL!! You dirty girls. I really DID think it was funny that you could see inside his head! The one on top of his neck, Den. Filthy minds...

Okay, if they can sticker your nipples, why can't they do the same with your belly button? I mean, it's all cosmetic, right? Nobody is going to breast feed after having a breast lift!

Squeak, MotherRuth is right... ***** all you want. Hope you have a better day today! hugs...

Amy... glad you got your DD in to see the doctor quickly. Ah... connections! :D

Terri, your tea must have been divine. I did that once for a girlfriend's baby shower. Oh... and we did it for DD's birthday when she turned 5. She had a tea party with her little friends.
:)

love and hugs to all....
xoxo

dentrassi
12-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Ellis-I know sweetie, I just like to tease!! It was pretty strange though because they do a series of pictures that are like "slices" of the part of the body they are scanning. They let me in because we were nice about letting an emergency scan go first. I mean, the guy had been hit by a baseball bat and then jumped out a window and landed on his head. Under those conditions I'm not going to say, "We were here first."!!!!!!

Squeak-This is a GREAT place for you to vent. Scream all you want, the rest of us have done it too!!!

Soozie-Post it notes!!!! I love it!!!

Punkinseed
12-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Soozie - Post-it note nipples! :lol: Interesting visual...

Lidian - Rickman as Prof. Snape is interesting - it looks like they made him more pale and gaunt looking and added the dark eye liner. Evil look in all which is I'm sure exactly what they were going for. The man can sneer like no other and why I'm attracted to that I just donno'...

Sorry for the drive by post. I feel a sore throat coming on and I'm going to go make good use of the couch in my office.

Ta' for now,

Terri

Lidian
12-12-2002, 12:22 PM
My breasts could certainly use a lift (I can hold all my extra pens and pencils under them!) but I think I will try a really good bra first...and maybe losing some more FAT out of them will help (oh goody, then they will be like pancakes!)...I am too chicken for cosmetic surgery but applaud and cheer on you brave women who are doing/will do it!

Terri, take care of that sore throat...lots of hot tea and honey and no extra rushing around if possible...

Glad you got in and out of the ER quickly Amy, and hope that your daughter is feeling much better.

Lidian

sabrina
12-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I've hardly posted at all, this has been the week from ****. Besides fighting the sinus infection, I've been SWAMPED at work.
I was dialed in at 10pm last night rewriting an entire section of an RFP response, and I'm exhausted!

Weighed myself this morning, I'm up 1/2 a pound. Grrrrrr ...
I was within points every day too, except for one day where I
said "F" it and went and had a microbrew, some tomato bisque,
and garlic bread at a local pub. :(

I'm working from home today and getting very bummed looking at my dirty, messy house. I usually give it a thorough cleaning on the weekends, but having spent the last two weekends in bed, that hasn't occured. I'm one of those people who just isn't
happy unless my house, desk, car, etc. are neat and clean.
I just feel so, well, discombobulated or something.

Sabrina, bloated, sick, and ready for the weekend!
165.5/162.5 (boo! hiss!)/125-135

Punkinseed
12-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Oh good Sabrina, I'm not the only obsessive cleaner... I couldn't eat dinner last night until I'd swept the kitchen (cat food crumbs drive me batty). I'm also a chronic straightener - place mats, pillows, carpets, nick-nacks... :rolleyes: Ditto here on the thorough cleaning every weekend - and it's only me and 3 cats - so my house basically never looks lived in. It's an illness... :lol:

As for the weigh in, hang in there - maybe it'll show up next week?? :crossed:

Terri

Amyjo01
12-13-2002, 06:01 PM
I was down 6 pound from last week (not because I was actually trying it was because last week was TOM and I often retain twice my weight in water.

I think I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping :).... I have to pick up some picture frames and maybe some nick-nacks for DD... DH has to pick up some stuff for "business" people and for 2 of his friends. So basically there is a tad bit left but the Major stuff is finished .....

Now I have to decorate....

Amy

Wildfire
12-13-2002, 08:55 PM
Hi girls!

Just a note to let you know I'm still alive. Still fighting this crud....the coughing is horrible....but the codeine knocks me out at night so I am getting a reasonable amount of sleep. Sabrina, sounds like we have/had the same thing. I was told this cough is from post-nasal drip...sinuses...so I'm taking some sinus stuff tonight to see if helps.

My daughter is on antibiotics for strep throat.

All I can say is, we freakin' well better be over all this crap by the 24th, because as of 1pm that day, I'm off work for an entire 13 DAYS!!!! I couldn't care less about the holidays...I just want time off work! ...and I'm working tomorrow...on Saturday...it just never ends.

Amyjo, glad you came back to join us.

Okay, someone has to clean this place and it looks like I'm the only one who's going to. Hope to catch up with you all soon!

ellis
12-14-2002, 12:43 AM
Oh, Wildfire... Den and I will come and clean for you. We LOVE to clean! :D
You've just GOT to be better by Xmas! You look after yourself, sweetie. hugs...

Wanttolosealot
12-14-2002, 07:39 AM
Wildfire
Get better soon sweetie!
Virginia

dentrassi
12-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Hope you feel better Wildfire!!! And Ellis is right. We like to clean SO MUCH that if you saw our houses you would feel happy with yours no matter HOW messy it is!!!

Punkinseed
12-16-2002, 12:09 PM
:wave:

Drive-by post!!! I'm not sick, the sore throat must've been from the weather change :cb: I have too much to do to be sick now!

Got all my packages to mail wrapped and in my car for the post office this morning so I feel like I did accomplish something this weekend besides eating shortbread. I even managed to watch a couple movies - but spent most of the weekend baking and wrapping.

Wildfire - just tell us where and we'll be over to clean. Remember that commercial with the "tiny scrubbing bubbles"? Yup, that's us... :cool:

Hi ho, hi ho....

Terri

ellis
12-16-2002, 04:20 PM
Terri... glad you're not sick, hon!
Baking, hmmm? I've decided not to strain myself this year. DH and I went out yesterday and picked up about 80 dollars worth of President's Choice appetizers. I figure the ingredients would have cost me the same amount, and I would have spent an entire week making them.
I like the IDEA of making them, though! In fact, as we were going through the cash, there was a little cookbook for sale full of appetizer recipes. I restrained myself. :D I love looking at recipes.

In the PC flyer, there was a little ditty by some busy "mother". She uses President's Choice dinners about 4 nights a week. She said, "You know those cooking shows? Those are sitcoms!"
:lol:

DH is going to make his chicken shawarmas for Xmas day, so I don't have to cook! :dance:
I'm so lazy

tamibeep
12-16-2002, 07:33 PM
They're definitely sitcoms! I love that! (At the very least, they're sure not reality tv shows in MY kitchen.)

I always adore the idea of cooking, too. I even like buying the ingredients and putting them away, all nice and organized-like. And then chasing them out of the house a month later when they've spontaneously generated new life forms in the fridge. :cb: :o

Wildfire
12-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Wow...you girls would really come clean for me? How 'bout Tuesdays? Are Tuesdays good for you? Except next week is Xmas eve and I wouldn't want to keep you from your families....you can come on Monday next week.

And so the crud travels....hubby is feeling sick, daughter was on amoxicillan, 250mg 3x/day....which I thought was an incredibly low dose for strep....so four days later she's still getting worse and I took her back today. Another doctor saw her and was amazed that anyone prescribed such a ridiculous dose....all it's doing is make the bug immune at that dosage. She's now on 600mg of penicillan 3x/day, plus she has a rinse to gargle with that will numb her throat.

I'm starting to feel better. Hubby and I both called in sick today. I just couldn't do it today. The sinus infection feels much better today. I had to run to the doc's with my daughter anyway, so I would have missed part of the day from work anyway. I'm sure the crap with hit the fan tomorrow....how DARE I call in sick! To **** with 'em all....I'm legally entitled to 6 paid sick days per year....and I haven't used 6 in the last THREE years combined!

ellis, PC products are great! We buy a lot of their stuff. Sometimes it's better than the brand name products. And they do have some great frozen appetizers, meals, snacks. I used to make everything, from scratch.....and then hubby (ex-Navy bachelor) came along. To him, a gourmet dinner consists of the contents of a box, can, or bag...be it frozen or not. I rarely bake these days....it's just so much easier to buy stuff.

dentrassi
12-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Had to take DS in for a blood test today. His Life Management teacher said he might have had a reaction to the smell of peanut butter in her class, and i don't want to take any chances. Hope he ISN'T allergic, because that is one NASTY allergy to have. This is NOT the time of year when I need more to worry about either.

sabrina
12-17-2002, 02:13 AM
Hi everyone,

Wild: I sympathize! I'm still d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g along. Went to the doctor AGAIN last Thursday because I was still feeling like ****, so she switched my antibiotics and gave me a refill prescription for the decongestant. Also prescribed some Nasalcort or whatever the **** it's called. I've been taking meds, breathing steam, and pumping myself full of liquids for almost 3 weeks now and I'm still not much better.

In other news, my workload is still completely overwhelming and I'm looking at 50-60 hour weeks all through Christmas. I'll be lucky to get Christmas Day off. This is the worst holiday season ever. I keep telling myself "at least I have a job".

Gee, I'm just loads of fun aren't I? Someone - get me a six pack of amber ale - QUICK!

S.

soozie
12-17-2002, 02:29 AM
Hi hope everyone is feeling better!
We were all sick last week with cruddy colds too.
All are well now.
Den, Hope your son is okay!
gotta go get some rest so that crud doesn't come back.
going to the gym again tomorrow and that is a promise.
Love, Soozie

ellis
12-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Den, is DS okay? That's scary. At my DH's Christmas party last week there were two people with peanut allergies. They each had an epi pen (or whatever you call it) in their pockets.
Let us know how he is...

Den, how is Monday for you for cleaning Wildfire's house? Okay? I don't know where she lives, though. You'll have to drive. And pick me up, first. :D
Wildfire... take your sick days!! You're entitled to them! You shouldn't be harrassed about it!
Hope you're all feeling better soon. Strep... ouch!

Soozie, hope you're all feeling better, too!

Sabrina, I believe it's called, "Nasalsnort". ;) What a crummy time you're having! There's something in the air "down there".

I remember about 5 years ago at Christmas. We all had BAD colds and strep throat. DS and I went to Emergency for drugs on Christmas eve. On Christmas day, my daughter was so sick she didn't even want to open her presents, so we took her into Emergency for drugs. Then on boxing day, DH finally caved in and went to Emergency for drugs. You should see the photos from that Christmas. We've all got beet red noses, swimming eyes, and a listless look. :lol: I think I've just cursed myself

Tami, I do the same with my food. I buy all these fresh vegetables, etc. With big plans for lovely meals. I swear I buy them JUST so that I can throw them out a month later! It's disgusting! And very wasteful. Must get more organized. In my next life... :D

Punkinseed
12-17-2002, 11:41 AM
Mornin' all!

Advice for the week - if you have DishNetwork or satallite and get BBC America, you've got to catch So Graham Norton. OMG, this guy's hysterical!!!! I spent most of the night in tears laughing... the British can get away with *so* much more on TV than we can! :lol:

Ellis - Aaaah, I don't trouble myself anymore either - last year I bought myself a big 'ol KitchenAid mixer. Best $250 I've ever spent on myself... I put more effort into taking the breads out of the oven than on actually mixing them!

Wildfire - Sure, Tuesdays work for me. But I have first dibs on dishes, vacuuming and laundry - my favorites (no, I'm not joking, how sick is that???).

Dent - Let us know how your DS is doing ok? I had a boss allergic to peanuts - I found out when I tried to feed him a peanut butter cookie (he asked if I'd get him lunch while I was out). He'd been a friend of my Mom's since I was 2.... boy, I never heard then end of that - "Terri tried to kill Gerry, some way to treat her new boss". LOL!

Sabrina - You have my sympathies... we've had an employee call in sick 2 days in a row now and my work is backing up something awful. I can't supply the beer, but I do have some Central Oregon homebrewed mead in the fridge - still have a 1/2 gallon of glug too! :cb:

Well, off to drink some water (donating blood today) and try to salvage what's left on my books for our employees this week - hard to do when you don't know if one of 'em is going to show up.
Blissfully thinking that this time next week my head will still be on a pillow...

Terri

Ruthxxx
12-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Good Tuesday morning. It's clear as a bell and cold! A blue gold and white morning.

Great day yesterday with Gail to clean in the a.m. and then two friends to put up the tree and stay for dinner. Now Harry and I need to put on the lights and decorations but we KNOW that will happen now. One year I had pneumonia at Christmas and the tree never got put up. Damned Harry *****ed for about a month about no tree that year! I guess he needed me to nag him.

Lucy was at the vet this a.m. for nails, weight and butt check. She has a wee anal gland problem but that sure is better than some of the things it could have been! I'll spare you the details.

More wrapping on the agenda today and the school Christmas concert tonight. I sometimes think that Hannukah, Solstice and Christmas are in the dark of winter just as an excuse to get together and cheer up. Can't you see the ancient people hanging out in caves drinking hot glogg or whatever in December?

I'm going to walk down for the mail now with Lucy. Ellis, sure it's cold but wear a coat outside, OK? Maybe socks with the Berkies?

Catch you later.

ellis
12-17-2002, 01:07 PM
Eeeewh! Did Lucy have to have her bum squeezed?
Hey, you didn't tell us how the dinner party went. At ummm... I forget his name... your gay friend's place. The fancy shmancy party.
If I had to live in a cave, I'd definitely drink all winter. And possibly all summer.

Ruthxxx
12-17-2002, 01:11 PM
The fancy dancy isn't until NY's Eve. I'll have my social secretary send you my schedule. :D
Yup, butt squeezing was in order. Next time I'll film it for you if you are interested. I was concerned that it was a malignant growth since that happened to a dog I had once so butt squeezing was a great compromise!

Punkinseed
12-17-2002, 02:46 PM
LOL! Memories...

My bull terrier, Lily, had that gland problem... She made it difficult to put on rubber gloves, hold down 40 pounds of solid muscle and avoid that hammer shaped rock hard head while taking care of a doggy tush. Thank goodness she wasn't a biter!
Iiiiinteresting work.... :lol:

Terri

squeaker
12-17-2002, 02:55 PM
I am not sure who I feel more sorry for, you girls or the poor dogs. :lol:

Ruthxxx - I hope your Lucy is better soon. How are the puppies??

Ruthxxx
12-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Lucy is pissed off at me but otherwise doing fine. Sleeping on the grey velvet chair at the moment. You'd think we-d taken her virginity! :D

The seven puppies are doing amazingly well. Two died at a week. I now know more about "Fading PuppySyndrome" than I ever want to know!

Gotta go wrap 3 more gifts and then I'll be done what I've bought. I still need to get Harry some stuff.

Wanttolosealot
12-17-2002, 06:32 PM
President's choice is the best. Pays the bills at our house. My hubby is grocery manager and I will be a cashier after the first week of Jan at the Superstore.

ellis
12-17-2002, 08:18 PM
oh my gosh... nice pic, Virginia! heh heh. Very tough. And cool. And cut.

dentrassi
12-17-2002, 11:41 PM
Cool avatar Virginia!!!

Okay, today was a pissy day. Everything that could go wrong DID, and I ate my way through it. Nothing big and horrendous, just one irritation after another. AAARRGGH!! Oh well, tomorrow is another day. MAYBE IT WILL BE EASIER.

ellis
12-17-2002, 11:54 PM
Hugs, Den. Tomorrow will be better. It's only food. You didn't kill anyone. (did you?)
I was doing fine until we decided to have a snack while watching "White Christmas". Boy, did I feel silly snarfing back a bag of bridge mixture while watching Miss Scissor Legs leaping about the stage. :( Crap.

dentrassi
12-17-2002, 11:56 PM
HAHA!! No, but I WANTED to!! G'night!!!

ellis
12-17-2002, 11:59 PM
Good night, sweetie!!

Amyjo01
12-18-2002, 08:58 AM
Hope everyone is getting better... We have the "crud" floating around down here too. My DS missed the first day of school in five years this week, DH missed worked, DD is still on antibiotics and I feel like I have been hit by a car so....

Well, just a drive by post, got most of my christmas finished except for a few odds and ends. Started wrapping yesterday and got the tree up the day before :(... Never enough time

Amy

ellis
12-18-2002, 09:08 AM
Oooooh, Amy... you poor dear. I hope you're all feeling better soon.
DS woke up with a hacking cough this morning. And I feel one coming on myself... just in time for Christmas! :mad:

Lidian
12-18-2002, 12:44 PM
Hi you all!

I hope that all the sick chicks are feeling much better & also anyone in your families too...we had the Norwalk virus sweep through the school recently and eldest DD got that. Luckily the rest of us were OK.

I am very very glad to be home. We spent a lot of time in the car and a lot of time on best company behaviour with my family. It was OK I guess but exhausting! I wore my underwire bra the whole time, even under my jammies if I was wandering into the living room in them (I didn't sleep in it though:lol: ). Because I thought maybe I would look thinner if I wasn't hanging around (and down)!

Today I am hanging around my own house in great peacefulness and joy :lol: !

I love bridge mixture too Den! Christmas movies demand a little snack, I think - don't worry about it! I had about a zillion choclate kisses when we were stuck in the car past dinnertime on Monday, and then I had pizza at the motel...which went great with some skating thing that was on (I was too tired to figure out who they were but there were definitely people whizzing around on a rink dressed up in costumes!)

President's Choice is excellent, I agree!

Lidian

Amyjo01
12-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Ok, you guys have got me what is President's Choice and why don't I know about it?

dentrassi
12-18-2002, 05:50 PM
Lidian-Actually it is my evil twin sister Ellis who loves the bridge mix!!! I like anything deep fried. AND anything chocolate (wonder if I can combine the two....)

Amyjo-I think it is some kind of Canadian sex cult.

Ellis-Will you read me a bedtime story?

ellis
12-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Oh, Den... of COURSE I'll read you a bedtime story! What'll it be? A little James Joyce? How about a Thomas Hardy? Guaranteed to send you into a stupor.
That Lidian... she's lost it. Can't she tell the difference between you and I? Do we look THAT much alike? :lol:

My gosh, I haven't worn an underwire in I don't know how long. Makes me squeamish just thinking about it. I'm firmly folded into my sports bras. Even in bed. I hate that "flopping feeling". I wonder how I'd look in ... no, no, no.
Glad you're back, Lidian! :)

Don't you girls have President's Choice down there? You're kidding me. I don't know... how did it start out? With "no-name" products? And then fat Dave Nicols took over and started traveling and picking up all kinds of ideas for wicked food.
Here's the web site... there are recipes, too.
Beats cooking!
http://www.presidentschoice.ca/home.aspx

Lidian
12-18-2002, 06:02 PM
I don't know about chocolate, but I have heard of deep-fried ice cream (maybe chocolate ice cream!). I love deep fried shrimp and twice-fried french fries (like they have in Belgium, yum yum). Then we can follow that with chocolate! Oh Den, I am very hungry now...

Do any of the other Canadian chicks miss Maple Buds? I loved them! They are (were) maple-flavored chocolate little whirly things a bit bigger than Smarties (or M&Ms).

I am going to go have an Altoid!

Lidian

ellis
12-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Oh my gosh... Maple Buds, Lidian! I remember those! They were WICKED!
What's an Altoid? Is that like an asteroid?

Lidian... French toast for dinner. :D

Den, why are you going to bed at this hour? That's not like you!

Sojourner
12-18-2002, 06:21 PM
Altoids are "curiously strong" mints. I always carry a tin of them.

ellis
12-18-2002, 06:28 PM
That Sojo. She's such a know-it-all. ;)

I took an Alka Selzer the other day. It was HORRIBLE!! I could only take a few sips. I was afraid that the top of my head was going to blow off.
I DID manage to emit a satisfying belch, however. :D

Sojourner
12-18-2002, 06:33 PM
No, I just have bad breath. :lol:

squeaker
12-18-2002, 07:13 PM
Since I live in Pseudo-Canada, we used to have President's Choice at one of our grocery stores, but I don't think they carry it any more.

dentrassi
12-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Ellis-about the belch......was it a deep and rumbling one or was it more light and lilting?

ellis
12-19-2002, 06:53 AM
:lol: The former, Den. :lol:

dentrassi
12-20-2002, 12:31 AM
Thank you for clearing that up.

ellis
12-20-2002, 08:42 AM
Don't mention it.

dentrassi
12-20-2002, 09:51 PM
:D

shanara
12-20-2002, 09:55 PM
LOL you guys are great.....hehe :D

Amyjo01
12-27-2002, 03:06 PM
Did everyone go AWOL for Christmas????

Hope everyone is having/had a happy Yule, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Chanukah and all of the others I am forgetting....

Hugs,
Amy

Wildfire
12-27-2002, 04:02 PM
Hey Amy! I think everyone moved on to Flower's Winter Chat thread, although it has been quiet over the holiday. Come on over!