Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #1  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Default FitBit

Surprisingly, I haven't seen much talk of the FitBit around here. I've already bought one so I'd pretty much just like to throw it into the mix of Products You Should Definitely Consider Buying.

The FitBit is a $99 USD glorified pedometer. It will track your steps, calories, distance and overall activity level every day you wear it. It can track how fast you fall asleep, how often you wake up during sleep and how much net sleep you get.

I got my FitBit after deciding that a Bodybugg was simply out of my price range. I knew I wanted to make a change but couldn't commit to that kind of cost for the hardware or the program. So I did a bit of research and fell in love with the specs of the FitBit and its slick design.

I've been using it for a full month now and I've got to say that I'm impressed. I wear mine on my bra of every day and on my wrist at night. I've gotten a much better sense of my general activity level and how much I'm really working during my workouts. I also log my food on the FitBit website in a similar fashion to Daily Plate/SparkPeople/other trackers. I can look at graphs of my sleep/weight/BMI/distance/calories/activity level over time. Although I haven't made any significant changes since getting the FitBit I still like being able to watch my trends. And the data is shareable; you can choose what to show (to the public and to FitBit friends) and what to keep private.

Basically, I think the FitBit is a great investment. It may not be 100% accurate on every count, but it's an amazing deal for the price.

If you're curious about the stats, you can check out my page: http://www.fitbit.com/user/22C8HX
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

That's awesome! I got one for Christmas but have yet to use it. After see your page, I'm definitely going to check it out now! Thanks for posting!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #3  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I adore my Fitbit and have used it about 1 month now. I had used the GoWearFit (BodyMedia) before but have an allergic reaction to the metal contact (I am highly metal allergic.) I loved the GWF too.

This is just such a good way to see how much I move and to motivate me to move a bit more. Or if I'm feeling really exhausted I can see that YES, I've been super active and a rest is in order.

I'll try to add you on Fitbit.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I got one... but how do you wear it on bra? Clip to the side?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #5  

Been using my Fitbit since the first week of January - and I love mine, too.

I, too, tend to wear it on my bra, in the center, clipped from the bottom.
I can't tell you just how much help it has been - - I am constantly reminded of my activity level and feel that I need to 'compete' against my previous 'bests'.

With major nutritional changes (and giving up my 'excuses' for not exercising), I have managed to drop 20lbs since January 1st. Now, it is just the beginning of a LONG LONG road - - but that's 20lbs that I am definitely not going to miss!

My goal is to lose a total of 100lbs in 18 months - and I am already 20% of the way there!
jerilynk75 is offline   Reply With Quote