Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Unhappy Beginner's exercise help!!!

I don't know what to do, or how often to do it and i am so overwhelmed! What i need is a personal trainer...but seeing as i am VERY low on funds i really don't see that happening haha! I need someone, or a lot of someones, to help me in the right direction if possible. I have 2 videos: Jillian's Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism and Kendra's Be a Knockout With Kendra. I have a balance ball, 3 different resistance bands, 2 2lb weight balls, a yoga mat, and a book of yoga/pilates positions. I don't know where to begin. Do i just do exercises(the balance ball and the resistance bands came with little charts to hang on the wall of different postions) or try and set something up. Do i do the exercises until my muscles hurt? What did everyone do when they were just starting out exercising? I basically want to work out every part of my body because it ALL needs some help. Can anyone help? I plan on starting to run soon too, just need to get the money to get a good pair of shoes.
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #2  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Well when i started out i did the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos 5 days a week. I also did this video i had for resistance bands 3 times a week (every other day). I think you should start off completing one video a day and every other day u include the resistance band routine. When it starts to get easy, then increase your time. Make sure you mix it up though. If you keep doing the same routine over and over again, your body gets kinda use to it then it stops burning the calories. Keep it surprised!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Should i do Jillian's video or Kendra's video? I'm not sure if you have done either but with Jillian's video by the second or third day i am literally in tears while doing it. Maybe its too hard for me? I struggle with Kendra's video but not as much so maybe i should start out with that one first.
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #4  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

i would start off with Kendra's first until you build your endurance. Ive never tried either of these
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

I'm doing Jillian's 30 day shred, maybe its a little easier? It has 3 levels, it was only like 10 bucks at target.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

You might want to to the library and check out what videos they have and give them a try. Whatever you pick should be as fun as possible so you want to do it 3-4x a week. Then, if you find one you like you can buy it. Also, I recommend stretching a lot so you don't hurt yourself. If you want to run, the C25K plans that you can listen to on an iPod or read about are good. You start by walking, running a little, then walking again and work your way up to running for 5K.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote