Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #1  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

Default In need of motivation

Ok, I was sick yesterday and today we have horrible weather.. When I got up today I did wonderful, I did my 30 minute walk and stretching/muscle workouts but now its about time for my 30 minute jog before bed and im just Blah, i keep telling myself to just go do it. I'll love it once im up and on the treadmill. I guess I'm just looking for someone else to tell me to get up and just go lol.

My mom is an amazing woman but has been so negative towards my weight loss goals and even though im lossing 2-3 pounds a week and couldnt be any happier about that its like im being discouraged by my family. Maybe because she has back problems and even though she diets cant do much besides ride a stationary bike, and is jealous I may lose more then her. I know she loves me and wants the best, but sometimes people cant help it..

Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited by amandaswan89; 02-01-2011 at 11:13 PM.
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 AM   #2  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Amanda, the fact that you are losing weight should be motivation enough. Just imagine how good it will feel to be thin, and have achieved something so amazing and no longer having any negative thoughts about your weight. You'll get there and all this hard work will be worth it. Any time you feel like you want to give up or try to negotiate with yourself, just stop thinking and do it. Thinking only makes things worse. I hope this has helped, but definitely keep on track.. When i was losing weight my parents were like OMG are you eat.. omg your too thin.. but only becuase they had never seen me at the weight i should be.. maybe your mum is jealous but just let that be another driving force..

Last edited by ih8diets; 02-02-2011 at 03:35 AM.
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 AM   #3  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Just throwing out there that exercise right before bed can make sleep less effective, and I'm ALL about sleeping well. Of course you gotta do what you can when you can, but my sleep doctor always discourages strenuous exercise within a couple hours of bedtime.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #4  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys,

ih8diets- I think it is amazing you are back on this site motivating people, you truely are an amazing person

shannonmb- I have always heard that too, but I seem to sleep better after I work out. I get done take a shower and then about 10 minutes after I lay down, I'm out. Normally I sleep till 10-11 though because I work in the afternoon-night. So maybe my body is just use to it? Hm, I duno but i do appreciate your input and will keep it in mind
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote