Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default Where am I gonna find 631 calories?!

My calorie goal for today was 1500. I just had my dinner.

Breakfast - 253 (oatmeal plus a peeled medium apple)
Lunch 313 (BLT on wheat bread with less than a spoon of light mayo)
Afternoon Snack - 50 (honey tangerine)
Dinner - 253 (Apple cinnamon oatmeal...I'm sure there's a tiny bit calories from the cinnamon but I only used a pinch so..)

So that leaves me with 631 calories leftover. Where am I gonna get that? Am I gonna have to eat again because I already feel full lol. Or should I just pay it no mind and do better tomorrow?

Sidebar. I'm actually eating MORE now than I was before I started my journey. My family jokes that I'm not really on a diet because I'm always eating but I told them that being on a diet doesn't mean starving yourself. Of course I didn't always know that.
The Chubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #2  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

I would eat an apple or other fruit before you go to bed if it has been more than 2 hours
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #3  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

I love days like that, even though it is frustrating.. I would stick to something still healthy with a higher calorie.

Nuts, Avacodos, potatoes, yogurt with granola, etc.

Good luck
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #4  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Whoa..wait a minute, a bowl of oatmeal, a sandwich, a tangerine and some more oatmeal is "eating all the time"? I think there's something missing here..lol!

Ok...I strongly believe adding lean protein, nuts, fresh veggies, beans/lentils will help not only help you meet your goals faster and healthier, but will also help you to safely meet your caloric goals.

It is a common misconception that weight loss (dieting down) has to be "painful" in order to work. When the scale stalls, the first idea is to drop the calories. The TRUTH is...exactly the opposite. Our bodies work more efficiently when we feed it proper nutrients (#1 being protein), vitamins and minerals within a calorie range that is equal to or less than the energy we expend.

Happy eating!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Whoa..wait a minute, a bowl of oatmeal, a sandwich, a tangerine and some more oatmeal is "eating all the time"? I think there's something missing here..lol!

Ok...I strongly believe adding lean protein, nuts, fresh veggies, beans/lentils will help not only help you meet your goals faster and healthier, but will also help you to safely meet your caloric goals.

It is a common misconception that weight loss (dieting down) has to be "painful" in order to work. When the scale stalls, the first idea is to drop the calories. The TRUTH is...exactly the opposite. Our bodies work more efficiently when we feed it proper nutrients (#1 being protein), vitamins and minerals within a calorie range that is equal to or less than the energy we expend.

Happy eating!
That's for today. Other days I get pretty close to the 1500. Dinner was oatmeal because I forgot to put out the chicken breast lol.
The Chubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Maybe eat more tomorrow. It should all even out at the end of the week. I know some people calorie cycle. I wouldn't eat if it was close to bed time.

Last edited by LTs girl; 02-01-2011 at 08:38 PM.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I've had days where I was starving with 1500 calories and I've had days where I felt full on 1,000 calories. I would just enjoy this kind of a day and not force myself to eat more because there will be those days when you feel like you need more and knowing that you have days like this will make it just a bit easier.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I have some days where I'm under my calorie goal - I would just have a small snack (if you're hungry) and call it a day. If you are exercising in the morning, make sure you have a good breakfast instead of a light one since you ate light today.
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/185/155

Eat a dash more tomorrow and bank those suckers. After all, it's superbowl weekend!
bleujean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #10  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

maybe try having a morning snack - between breakfast and lunch......

cottage cheese and fruit

nuts and fruit

peanut butter and celery

hummus and carrots

Hard boiled egg and fiber one bar

Eating every 2 hours can help your metabolism speed up, or so they day. I know when I eat every few hours, I tend to be hungry by the time I should eat next.
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You've had barely any vegetables, a smidge of protein, no dairy. Yikes! What about some healthy fats in nuts or avocado? Some cauliflower or broccoli drizzled with olive oil? A couple of eggs?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #12  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I wish I had this problem! I rarely have days when I am significantly under my calories for the day and not at all hungry. But, when it does happen, I would never eat just to reach my calories for the day. I would just have an "under" day - I know that some other day in the course of a week or so I'll be hungry, and I'll eat the extra calories then. As long as I average out to my target, I'm fine with that.

If it was happening often, I would reevaluate my eating plan, maybe use a little more olive oil or some full-fat items where I had been using low-fat.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote