Old 02-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Default Quick Poll - Have you lost weight adding exercise to IP

I have been on IP since Sept 15. Using alternate products since mid December. In Jan I started exercising. For me exercising is walking. I was a huge SLUG before Jan 1. So I started with walking 3 times a week..and now about 5 x a week..just on a track doing laps about 2-3 miles each time. My weight loss has slowed down.

I really want to hit my goal of being under 150..even 149.9 would suffice, before leaving for Disneyland on Tuesday the 8th..plus I have a little side competition going with a few gals. In your experience..has weight loss slowed you down?

I have read all the exercise thread and they are awesome. I am just looking for peoples experiences.

Thanks all..hang in there it does work!
Ciebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
I have been on IP since Sept 15. Using alternate products since mid December. In Jan I started exercising. For me exercising is walking. I was a huge SLUG before Jan 1. So I started with walking 3 times a week..and now about 5 x a week..just on a track doing laps about 2-3 miles each time. My weight loss has slowed down.

I really want to hit my goal of being under 150..even 149.9 would suffice, before leaving for Disneyland on Tuesday the 8th..plus I have a little side competition going with a few gals. In your experience..has weight loss slowed you down?

I have read all the exercise thread and they are awesome. I am just looking for peoples experiences.

Thanks all..hang in there it does work!
After 2 months of no exercise I went back to hot yoga about 3 times a week. It all but stopped the numbers on the scale. BUT the inches!! I lost another complete size in pants!! So measure and see if you are losing there because really...........isn't that the true goal??
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

When I added exercise my weight loss completely stopped. I quit exercise five days ago and I am down 5.2 pounds more so far. I need to lose 25 more so I won't exercise until at I am within 5 pounds of my goal. I am not good with slow weight loss.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #4  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

My experience with exercise and IP has been odd. I was a runner/cyclist prior to IP. I was in good cardio shape, just 30 lbs overweight, and could not shed the weight with diet/exercise alone. Once I started IP, I found it very difficult to exercise at first, but I never stopped. I lost approx 2 lbs a week, and cut my exercise to ½. After two months, having lost 20 or so lbs, I felt close enough to my goal to ramp up my exercise. So two months ago I began to exercise as I had been prior to IP. I felt great, having shed the weight, but my weight loss slowed significantly. I only lost three pounds in two months. So last week I stopped all high intensive cardio and started walking (2-3 miles, 3 x per week), along with light weights 2x per week. My WI was today and I dropped 3 lbs, the same amount I had lost in the past two months. I am going to stick with the walking, light weights until I hit phase three (7 more pounds to go), then no holding back. I wish I knew the definitive answer for you, but I really think it depends on the person. The exercise thread has great info, and I have always been envious of those who have been able to work out and loose on IP. I would suggest you find what works for you and stick with it.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #5  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Have any of you switched to the alternative plan when adding exercise? One of the things it is recommended for is those who want to continue exercising while on the plan.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #6  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
My experience with exercise and IP has been odd. I was a runner/cyclist prior to IP. I was in good cardio shape, just 30 lbs overweight, and could not shed the weight with diet/exercise alone. Once I started IP, I found it very difficult to exercise at first, but I never stopped. I lost approx 2 lbs a week, and cut my exercise to ½. After two months, having lost 20 or so lbs, I felt close enough to my goal to ramp up my exercise. So two months ago I began to exercise as I had been prior to IP. I felt great, having shed the weight, but my weight loss slowed significantly. I only lost three pounds in two months. So last week I stopped all high intensive cardio and started walking (2-3 miles, 3 x per week), along with light weights 2x per week. My WI was today and I dropped 3 lbs, the same amount I had lost in the past two months. I am going to stick with the walking, light weights until I hit phase three (7 more pounds to go), then no holding back. I wish I knew the definitive answer for you, but I really think it depends on the person. The exercise thread has great info, and I have always been envious of those who have been able to work out and loose on IP. I would suggest you find what works for you and stick with it.
Thank you so much for your post. That really answers a question that I have been having for quite some time. I think I will start hitting the high intensity cardio once I reach my goal or move to phase III. By that time I should have lost enough fat so that the weight gain from building muscle won't affect my bodyfat % at all. I need to drop bodyfat fast.
YankeeFan14040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Quote:
I'd like your opinion.... I too have always exercised, but couldn't drop the weight. IP is working great for me, but a friend wants to start training for a 1/2 marathon. i love the idea- i've done 5k and 10k races in the past, but haven't done any serious running in about a year. we're planning on taking it easy and starting w/ 1.5 or 2 easy miles a few times a week. It sounds like this isn't a good idea as far as my weight loss goes, though. It seems like I should wait until i'm very close to my goal weight before i start running much. I'm fine with walking for exercise, i just don't want to miss out on the fun of having a running buddy and a "plan" again. I guess i just want someone to tell me what to do
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #8  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
I am like you--big exerciser/runner before IP and have not done anything (well, walk the dog) for three weeks and just got the go ahead to start exercising again. Now I'm worried--I started IP to lose fast this time (yes, it's also a lifestyle change--but quick loss? Bonus!) and I would hate to see things slow down already. I haven't lost thaaat fast as it is--but faster than WW that's for sure! And I have a ways to go to get to my goal. Where/what is the Exercise thread? I'd like to check it out too. Thanks!
NonieRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #9  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I just started week four and got the go ahead to start exercising again. Honestly I to am hesitant to add it. I don't want to slow down my weight loss, I feel like I would get discouraged. I think I've come to the conclusion, at this point anyway, to stick with what works. I'm doing great on the plan as it is without exercising and think I will continue on until I am closer to my goal weight then I will work on my toning. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
After 2 months of no exercise I went back to hot yoga about 3 times a week. It all but stopped the numbers on the scale. BUT the inches!! I lost another complete size in pants!! So measure and see if you are losing there because really...........isn't that the true goal??
Thank you for posting that ladyrod! From what I've seen in reading posts on this site for 7 months, that is what happens -- weight loss slows or stops and inches often melt away.

And Ciebelle for asking the question.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #11  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

I bumped the exercise thread, in case this link doesn’t work:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

Quote:
I'd like your opinion.... I too have always exercised, but couldn't drop the weight. IP is working great for me, but a friend wants to start training for a 1/2 marathon. i love the idea- i've done 5k and 10k races in the past, but haven't done any serious running in about a year. we're planning on taking it easy and starting w/ 1.5 or 2 easy miles a few times a week. It sounds like this isn't a good idea as far as my weight loss goes, though. It seems like I should wait until i'm very close to my goal weight before i start running much. I'm fine with walking for exercise, i just don't want to miss out on the fun of having a running buddy and a "plan" again. I guess i just want someone to tell me what to do

Ohhh, a half marathon! I love that! I would recommend that you do what makes you happy and is right for you. The farthest I ran before IP was 5 miles, in a little less than an hour. Once IP started, I scaled it back to 2 miles, for about 20 minutes. I never stopped running until last week, and probably won’t run again until I am in phase 3. I will tell you this: The exercise melts away the inches, and I am in the best shape (physical) of my life. Seriously, I wish I had this body when I was in my 20s and 30s! The exercise thread is full of great info, and who knows, running while on IP may work well for you. It just didn’t work well for me.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Does anyone notice muscle fatigue during and after workouts? I got muscle fatigue before but now i actually can not go as hard as i could on my previous diet (with complex carbs).
aheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Well... I did IP the first time, no exercise and lost very well. This time I did no exercise week 1 loss 6.5 pounds. Week 2 added exercise, gained 2 pounds. Week 3 is in the works but so far, no change holding with the 2 pounds up for a total loss in 3 weeks of 4.5 pounds.

I think I am going to dump the exercise again or try doing the alternate plan.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I added exercise after the first 3 weeks - go to aerobic class 3 days a week, and zumba 1 day a week. I've dropped the additional step for the step class, reduced the free weight from 12 lbs - 6 lbs, and on zumba days - I do the whole 45 minutes, just not with the intensity I used to. I've continually lost body fat and gained muscle since I've started back. For me, just scaling back, and not going so hard at it has worked.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

It's interesting that we have had rather different results and just goes to show that we all do work differently.

When I started exercising by dancing 3-4 nights a week, my weight loss didn't slow, but I started losing muscle. I added protein in and my weight loss continued.

Yesterday, I started a hardcore weight workout, so we'll see what happens. (I have the sore muscles to show for the intensity!)
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote