WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for February

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for February

Tina
02-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Hello,
It's going to be a cold Valentine's Day for a lot of us.
Are we going to forgo the candy or eat just a little and give the rest away? :lol: I'm for eating just a little and counting the points.

For anyone just stopping in for the first time----we are a great group who weigh-in on Thursdays or used to weigh on Thursdays and just stay here and keep talking and posting our scale results. (We have a separate thread for scale results.)
If you want/need support and great friendship, this is the place to be.

:val2:

Tina
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
BTW,
Today I'm going to cook some navy beans. I haven't done that in ages. I have two small slivers of ham left from New Year's. I'll put those in for a little extra flavor. Oh, and I just went out, in this wind, and bought some sugar free ice cream. It may be cold outside but it's warm in here. :lol:

jar1965
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone!!! Just a quick fly by to say hi!

For you facebookers.....check out my new "store"....

Sweet Baby Depot

So excited, and I posted it today and 6 hours later.....I had my first order for 1 dz. of the lollipops and 2 doz. of the mini cupcakes! Yay!!!!:carrot:
Oh ...... and I have 11 "likes" already! wooohooo:carrot:

Have a good night....stay warm & dry!

Go Steelers!

maureen kempster
02-02-2011, 05:32 AM
Way to go Jeanne. Within a year we'll be reading about you and how successful your company is.
We have a winter storm warning in effect. Well, it soon will be spring!!
I'm still plodding along and am staying on program. Not much change with my scales though.
Hope we all have a great day on program
will be back later
maureen

shcirerf
02-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Good morning! Down .8 at meeting last night!:carrot: .2 more and I'll be at 10 pounds.:D

-15 outside. Supposed to be 30 tomorrow, might have to find some shorts and a tank top!:rofl:

Mini cupcakes! Yum. Good luck with your store!

Gotta run, bbl.

Tina
02-02-2011, 10:53 AM
When I woke up, it was 21 degrees, with a wind chill of 3!
Girls, this is very, very cold for Houston.
We're supposed to warm up to just above freezing today and then back down. (I had to share this with y'all because it's so crazy.)

Maureen, how is your bathroom coming? Congratulations for staying OP.
Jeanne, your new business is so neat! I hope you make a bunch of money. Then we can all come and have a party.

janelle, you'll make it to 10 lbs loss in no time.....maybe tomorrow.
Mimi, you are doing great with your losses, too. :hug:
farmgirl, are you frozen in, too?
Susan, I'm glad you feel better. It's good your school is closed. You don't need to be on the road.
Dori, how are you and Justin doing OP?
Tammy, hope all is well.
:val1:

auntie
02-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Ohhhhh I'm ready for spring! Too cold!!! School is closed again and the temp isn't suppose to be up to freezing until Friday. We have 2 makeup days built in but I'm not sure what will happen if we miss more. The roads are still a mess. We aren't venturing out in this mess! We are having rolling black outs too. So far we have been good, but we got the wood burning stove going just in case.

Tina, that is very cold for Houston!!! Stay warm!! The beans sound yummy!!!

Jeanne, I love the new business!!! If only I knew someone having a baby!

Maureen, stick with it and it will come off. You've done great !!!

Mimi, how are you doing?

Tammy, here is a BIG hug for you!!!

Janelle, YEA!!! Good job!!!

I'm trying to work on curriculum but I'm not in the mood to do it. Go figure! I haven't been snacking so that's good. I am glad I did shopping before the storm hit! If not we would be having bread and water! :)

farmgirl7
02-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone!
Yes, it is freezing here too. My lock on my car froze yest. while I was trying to get in it to leave work. I guess the inside of it was wet from the rain and then the temps dropped and it froze. Thought I was going to break my key! AND the wind was blowing 30mph! I am sooooo ready for warm weather!
Talking about val. day candy....my problem is I luv cadbury eggs and they come out the day after val! I will struggle. wonder how many points they are? Hope yall are having a good day!

Tina
02-02-2011, 05:24 PM
farmgirl, I'll try and find out the points for the Cadbury eggs. Oh, they are already out here.

ems, how are you doing? What's your favorite cold weather dish? I guess I have several. One of them would be pot pie.

shcirerf
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Got my new Belly Dancing video today! :belly::belly:

Can't wait to get home and watch it.

One good thing about my 9.8 pounds, I can get my longhandles on under my jeans and still breath.

My fave cold weather dish is Chili! As far as holiday candy, those darn Robin eggs, (malted milk ball easter eggs) love those things.

Hope you all warm up soon. Supposed to be around 30 here tomorrow, heat wave. Heard from a friend in El Paso, TX, they got some snow and about 9 degrees and the electricity is out. They're originally from Nebraska, so it's not a big deal, except for 3 little kids at home and no elec.

Tina
02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Brrr.... but I'm loving it, from the inside! :lol:

i just finished doing the old WW workout-light intensity-twice. It's too cold to get out to the gym.

I hope everyone stays warm and has lots of healthy food in their frig and pantry.

jar1965
02-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone!
Hope you're all staying warm! We had SUNSHINE big time today! That was so nice!:)

I don't feel real good tonight!?!?!? hmmmm.......

Bob starts vacation again tomorrow. Then no more vaca until July for him! They get paid an incentive to take vaction in the non-peak vacation times, so he always take 2 or 3 weeks in the winter.

Starting to get ready for the superbowl party!!!! I'll be sure to take pictures and post them. I posted the guest favors so you all could see them!

Have a great night!

maureen kempster
02-04-2011, 07:19 AM
good morning all

Tina and Susan - has it warmed up for you two yet?

Jeanne - you are so artistic - I envy you(in a good way)- I just love your creations.

Tammy - I hope you're feeling better - what's the weather like now? We have snow but it's fairly mild.

Marion - hope you're not working too hard. I'm going to have to look up those walking tapes. You sound like you really like them.

I'm going to go buy the mirrors, faucets and paint for my bathroom either tonight or tomorrow. I've started taking my cupboard doors off in my kitchen. I thought if I did that I'd have to stain them too and not keep putting it off. I have 28 doors to remove so I think I'll be busy this weekend. At least while I'm doing this I'm not thinking of eating.

I hope we all have a great day on program. Stay safe and warm

maureen

shcirerf
02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
TGIF! I'm off tomorrow, yay.

Maureen, you are ambitious! Hope your project goes smoothly.

Supposed to be fairly nice for the weekend, but snow next week. Getting seed catalogs, can't wait for spring. I wanna go play in the dirt.

Tina
02-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Our weather--
No snow here but lots and lots of ice everywhere.
All the tollways and freeways are closed. The de-icing trucks have not been able to get up the freeways and tollways. This afternoon the temp will be above freezing for a little while. Then, it's back in the 20's so more ice.
Larry is working from home.

Maureen, you are very ambitious. Did you number your doors when you removed them? I saw that on TV once.
Good luck. I wish we could all come help you!!! Hmm..we might not be much help because we'd be partying too long. :lol:
Jeanne, you are really busy. Cute, cute things!
janelle, good luck with all your exercising.
Tammy, how are you doing?
Susan, stay inside.
Dori, how are you?
ems, keep up the good work.
farmgirl, what's for supper? :)

Tina
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
We have sun!!!!! :dance: :carrot: The ice is melting--for a little while. It will freeze again tonight.

I had to share. :lol:

maureen kempster
02-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Good morning all

It's 4:20 AM and I'm up!! I'm going to be so tired this afternoon. I took my cupboard doors down last night(all 29) and removed the handles. They're now sitting in my livingroom, so today I have to wash down the cupboard frames and doors, then sand. What have I started???? The only plus while doing this is that I won't eat.
I'll be back later.
Have a great day

maureen

Tina
02-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Good Luck, Maureen.
I'm sure they will look fantastic when you finish.
Keep us posted.

jar1965
02-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Ahhhhhhh, somebody pinch me!!!!!! lol! It's after midnight and I just finished MORE steeler cupcakes for tomorrow. I had made some for our party for favors, and......I had to use them to fill orders. Maybe I got in over my head! lol! I'm thinking with the superbowl being tom., I won't get anymore steeler orders. I'd like to sell something OTHER than steelers stuff. lol!

Well it seems everyone is busy and doing well! have a great SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!!! Wish I was in Dallas..............I'd hook up with "my girls" (Tina & Susan) while I was there! Even if I had to drive a ways to get to them!;)

I'll post pictures of our party on fb Monday morning!!!!

PS -Susan - I expect to see pictures of you cheering on the Steelers with your terrible towel! lol

maureen kempster
02-06-2011, 09:49 AM
good morning all

I guess this is going to be an exciting day for football fans. I'll cheer for the Steelers for you Jeanne. I won't be watching though - not a fan.

I went out and bought a darker stain for my kitchen cupboards and all the handles I'll need(28)-I'm going to have to get a parttime job to pay for this but it's still cheaper doing it like this. I bought my paint and 2 mirrors for the bathroom yesterday. The paint will pretty much do all my apartment.

So, I'm having a coffee and psyching myself up-I'll put on some music and start washing my kitchen cupboards.

I'm trying out a baked bean recipe in my crockpot. I'll let you know how it turns out.

On the upside- my scales appear to be moving. If this keeps up I'll be in the 120's soon. I'm hoping the scale is right and not the battery - I keep it in the same spot all the time. Isn't it terrible how we always believe the scale is accurate when our weight goes up but think there's something wrong with it when the numbers start going down-or is that just me

well, wish me luck ladies I'll be back later

maureen

Tina
02-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi,
I hope everyone is routing for Jeanne's Steelers. :):):)

Maureen, I'll bet that by now you've done a lot of cabinet doors.
About scales---Mine seems to be 2 lbs. heavier than the WW one. I like that but do wish it was the same. I don't trust it now. :(
Not much going on here except-----the sun is out and it's a beautiful day!!!

maureen kempster
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
good afternoon everyone

I was going to stop with my doors until another day but I only have 11 left so
I've sprayed them with TSP and in 15-20 min I'll wash them-I washed down all my cupboards inside & out-I did another coat in my bathroom. I'm beat and it's just 5 PM-but I can't wait to finish the staining in the kitchen. I'll start that tomorrow after work.

Tina, nice that you have some sunshine.

Funny about your scale- mine is always less than WW but then I weigh in with them in the late afternoon.

Well, enjoy the Superbowl whoever is going to watch it. The rest have a great evening

maureen

jar1965
02-07-2011, 12:24 AM
:(:(:(:(

Ladybug2680
02-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Hello ladies. Things have been super busy this month so far. Teresa's birthday was the 2nd and we had her party on the 5th and then my birthday was on the 6th. I feel like I finally have a little bit of time to breathe. Whew.

I'm a little frustrated with my job, but there isn't much I can do. We had a county wide meeting last Thursday and we have to do projection sheets for all of our students on our caseload. Well we were told that we can't put Resource down for next year. Then they go on to say that they are going to offer the continuum of services. I'm thinking in my head that no you aren't because you're telling us we can't put Resource down. ARGH, is all I can really say at this point.

Well I suppose I should run for now. Talk to you all later.

Tina
02-07-2011, 10:12 AM
:bday2you: Dori :celebrate:

shcirerf
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Hey everybody!

Birthday parties, super bowl cupcakes, and home improvement. You are all busy.

Cold, snow, wind and more sub 0 temps for the next few days and 50 by Friday. Only in Nebraska. :dizzy:

Saw 159.4 and 159.2 on my scale, Sun and this a.m. Yay.

Of course it won't be that at my evening WW meeting tomorrow, but good to see the scale moving down!

Got some 0 point soup in the crockpot. Great for these cold, crappy days when I want to eat and eat and eat. Mostly it's because I want something hot.

maureen kempster
02-08-2011, 05:29 AM
way to go Janelle on the scales moving.

shcirerf
02-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks. My job really does help a lot. On my feet most of the day, plus all the lifting, and such, makes a big difference.

We have 4 kitties to spay this morning, and given the crappy, cold, snowy weather, will probably have emergency calving calls. For some reason the cows seem to love the cold weather to have trouble delivering.

WW meeting tonight. Looking forward to it. Better go pack my change of clothes. I change so I can wear the same outfit every week and I never know what I might get on me during the day, due to the animals. :D I don't live in town, so I can't run home and change.

Tina
02-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Happy Tuesday! :carrot:

janelle, wow, that's great that your scale is moving! Good luck at weigh-in tonight.
That is so funny about cows liking the cold weather to give birth. Wonder what happens there???? :D

Maureen, how is the renovation coming? I know you are exhausted. Is everything stained now?

Jeanne, have you recovered from the Super Bowl. :hug:

Susan, where your children glad to get back to school? I'm sure they were all glad to see you.
Tammy, how are you doing?
farmgirl, how is your weather?
Dori, I hope things are better at work.

Mimi, what do you like to have for lunch? I'm so bored with the same old things. I could use some advice.
Everyone have a great day. I am.
My car has been in the shop--again. Last night we rented me a car for a few days. I've got a blood test tomorrow and a follow-up visit with my surgeon on Thursday. I can't miss those appts. :dizzy:

shcirerf
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
As far as the cows go, I really believe it's the barometric pressure. I could be all wet, but it seems to follow the pattern.

No WW tonite, crappy weather. Oh, well, will look great next week.:carrot:

Predicted, -14 in the morning, but 40 by Sat. break out the bikinis!:D

Tina
02-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Good morning
Everyone have a safe day, out of the weather.
Drink your water!!!

I'm going over to the weigh-in thread now.

jar1965
02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Dori - Happy Belated Bithday! I'm sorry I missed it!

Jenelle - Good job!

Everyone - Hope you are all having a great "snow" day! I can't believe the weather in Texas! Stay warm friends!

Bobs on vacation this week so we have been running and eating out TOO MUCH!
Monday I went to Childrens Hosptial in Pittsburgh with my friend who has 2 little boys (4 & 5). Both had to get tubes in their ears and their adnoids removed. She is divorced. Her ex lives out in Philledephia, and her parents live in Maine. NONE of them were here for her. For you fbookers, she is the dark haired girl in my pics from the superbowl party. (funny story....I met her 8 years ago.....she was my divorce attorney) lol!

Anyways..........gotta scoot! Have a great day!
Drink that water and muscles in motion ladies!!!!!

PS - Thanks for your nice comments & support at Sweet Baby Depot!!!

shcirerf
02-09-2011, 09:14 PM
:bday2: Dori.

Maureen, how's the home improvement coming?

HOpe the little tyke recover quickly from the surgery.:hug:

So glad for the warm weather coming this weekend. Sick of the -0 temps and slogging thru the snow to get the chores done.

Splurged today on a burger and fries. I was just starving and cold. I went to Runza because they don't make a huge burger, it's not greasy and they don't give you a pound of fries. I enjoyed every second of it. I'll get some extra exercise in and take it out of my weeklies.

Tina
02-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Morning,
Everyone be careful outside. I've been watching the news and there are all kinds of accidents in Canada and the U.S.
I think we should all go vacation in Florida. It's no wonder why people go there for the winter----80 something in Miami right now! :lol:

:val3:

maureen kempster
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
with my luck Tina I'd arrive in the middle of a hurricane lol-

Tina
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
LOL, Maureen
Be sure not to come visit south TX in Aug. or Sept.

Tina
02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
TGIF :carrot: :carrot:

What's going on!!!! Everyone is sooooo quiet here.
I know the weather has been attrocious (sp?).

I had a good breakfast today. Hot tea and a piece of 1/2 calorie bread with 1 Tbsp peanut butter. Very filling. (I haven't counted the pb yet.)

All of you have a great day.
I'll check back later.
J.C. Penney's is having fantastic 80% Off sale today. Purses, here I come!!!

shcirerf
02-11-2011, 01:07 PM
No TGIF for me, I'm working till noon tomorrow. Bleh.

Staying on track! Ball game tonight.

We finally have some warmer weather coming. Pandolerium at work this morning. Dog fight dog, porcupine quill dog, cows, the fun never ends. :dizzy:

jar1965
02-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Good Morning!

Tina - did you get anything at Penney's last night?

I'm having a cup of coffee and working on an order for Sweet Baby Depot. I sold the Breast Cancer Cupcake just hours after I posted it! Yay!

We are going to an Ice Carving Festival today. We are taking Bobs Mom & Dad with us. It is about an hour north of where we live. They will have food and craft vendors too! Outdoor and Indoor activities!

Have a good day everyone! Stay OP, drink that water and shake those booties!!!!

maureen kempster
02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
It's snowing here but mild-my brother-in-law is coming over to paint etc my bathroom while my sister & I go to second hand shops YEAHHH!
I think today will be a bust as far as points go. I went for breakfast with my brothers & their wives-if I had just had the toasted tomato sandwich like I was going to do that would have been fine but I ordered a side of hash browns too! I have a vegan lasagna in the crockpot and I made some apple crisp. I'm also taking my sister out to lunch as her belated bd gift!! So who knows!!!

I hope we all have a great day- see you all later

maureen

Tina
02-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Afternoon all,

Yes, I went to Penney's and bought a Liz Claiborne purse--60% off! Yea!
It's Red.

Maureen, oooh, your apple crisp sounds so good. I've never heard of a toasted tomato sandwich. Not sure that sounds good to me. :D
We had scrambled eggs and biscuits. Then, we splurged and went to Wendy's (fast food) for lunch. I had a gift card. :lol:
Supper will be home-grilled hamburgers with low fat chips. Come to think of it, I have a can of apple pie filling. I might have to make a cobbler.

Jeanne, I hope you're having fun at the festival. I assume it's still pretty cold up there.

ems, what's going on with you?
Mimi, are you working this weekend?
janelle, I hope you had an uneventful morning at work.
farmgirl, how are you doing?
Dori, is school better for you? When is Spring Break?
Susan, you are a quiet one. Is Pat playing tonight? Are you feeling okay?
Hi, Tammy!!!

This Coumadin that I take is making me soooooo tired all the time. I'm glad I go see my PCP this Thursday. I've read that some people take B12 and that helps. We'll see what he says. Feeling bad is the pits!

maureen kempster
02-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Tina - the toasted tomato sandwich is like a BLT without the bacon-
my bathroom is starting to take shape and tomorrow I definetley will start staining my kitchen.

Tina
02-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Maureen, that's great about the house!!!

Oh my, today we've been having major problems with A.T.& T. They've changed my password without telling me and I can't get my Outlook Express mail. I now have a new e-mail address.
I'll have to send it to y'all.
I think I'm just going to bed! :hug:

shcirerf
02-12-2011, 11:57 PM
After 6+ years at the veterinary hospital, I saw a first today. A dog with frostbit testicles! And that is all I have to say about that!

maureen kempster
02-13-2011, 05:33 AM
Well, I woke up at 3:30 AM and decided to stop putting it off- I started staining-have I told you I don't like doing this kind of stuff??? But when you're not rich you can't pay other people to do it LOL-I'm just taking a break & having breakfast(it's 5:30!! ) I must be out of my mind

Well, this will keep me on track as far as eating goes anyway so there's always an upside to everything.

I'll pop by later

maureen

jar1965
02-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Good morning!

Had a very nice time at the Ice Carving Festival! I didn't do to bad at staying OP. Had Sweet Potato FF, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich & then we had a MINI (& I mean MINI) Cupcake at the Champagne Cupcakery! It was MAYBE two bites, but was soooooooooo devine! lol!

That was my LUNCH & DINNER!

I'm starving this morning tho!

Tina - I have a red Liz Claiborne purse. It's older, but I love it! Yay to you!!!!!! I love Penney's too!!!!!

Maureen - I saw that you were up early! G'morning & I bet your home is looking beautiful! Because you and your family are doing the work, you'll appreciate more! Yummy to the Apple Crisp!

Susan - I'm having Susan withdrawl!!!!!!! I miss you! How is your mom?

Marion - Hi! Hope you are doing well! Hows work? Is it snowy there?

Tammy - Good morning! And lots of good health wishes being sent to you!
On fb you had posted about a baby being born at 1.8#, I hope everyone is ok.

jenelle - OK then!!!! hahahahha! Thats all I have to say about that! No, seriously..........poor little dog!

Dori - Hope you had a nice birthday. How's work? Miss you!

farmgirl & ems - Hope you well! Stop in & let us know.

Have a good day everyone! I have some cleaning to do, a little Baby Depot stuff and then we are having company over for dinner.
Stay healthy!

Tina
02-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Afternoon,
We are having beautiful sunny weather today. Yea!
Maureen, I'll bet you are sleepy by now. :)
Jeanne, you are so busy with your business. Good going, eating great things yesterday.
How is everyone else doing today?

auntie
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Howdy,

One I'm not getting notices.... Two, I need a vacation! Haha!!! There is always something going on!

Mom is doing great! I'm not sure when she goes back to the doctor but her GP was pleased with her progress!

It was a beautiful day here! I went with Pat last night to see the band and then I got in bed about 3:30. got up today and did chores.

Jeanne, Honey I miss you too! I am so impressed with your Sweet Baby Depot! I found out a frien of mine is pregnant so I'll be placing an order! Do you sell Tupperware too? Oh I love the ice pictures!

Tammy, I went to the website. Oh, it brought a flood of memories! Bless their hearts with the baby. How are you, My friend?

Tina, is David feeling better?

Maureen, you crack me up...... Painting at 3:30! You'll be exhausted tonight! Send pictures of the finished product.

Janelle, all I can say is for someone to let that happen to any animal should be shot! I am shocked!

Dori, Happy belated birthday!

Mimi, glad you are working day shifts!

We have our deaf Ed program on this coming Saturday! I'll be glad when it's over! I should be doing school work but I think I won't.

Happy Valentine's! We went to Red Lobster tonight and I wondered why it was so busy. Then I realized why when the waitress asked how long we had been Valentines. Pat said 26 years well really 29! I laughed because he answered so fast. Honestly, I thought wow that's a long time.

If I for

Tina
02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Happy Valentines Day!

Tina
02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi,
Just checking in. I don't know anything much. I'm full of candy. In the monring, I'm going to the gym and walk on the treadmill.

:val3:

shcirerf
02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Oh, the joys of lower intestinal tract flu. Feeling better this morning, on our way to Colorado for hubby's check up with heart Dr. Think I'll take along a pillow and sleep. Been up since 3 am, getting in my aerobics running to the john!

I love Charmin!

jar1965
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
jenelle - Hope you are feeling better soon!

Susan - no, I don't sell tupperware too! lol! I do seem to sell a lot of things tho! I am having (hosting) a tupperware party March 7th......ya wanna come?????? lol! I would love it!
I haven't been to a tupperware party or even seen a book for tupperware in probably 20 years! Wasn't even sure if they still did home parties?!??! i GOOGLED Tupperware Consultant in Butler Pa and found her. I haven't even met her face to face. Oh lordy!

Hope you're all having a great day. I'm headed to the post office to ship a dozen of sweet lolli's for Sweet Baby Depot! Yay!:carrot:

Drink your water, stay OP and get up and move a little today! Hugs & love ya all!

Tina
02-15-2011, 01:19 PM
The Plumber is Coming...The Plumber is Coming!!! :lol:
Yep, it's leaking under the sink in the guest bathroom. (That sounds so silly--guest bathroom. :) ) It sounds like we're rich or something.
And, the builder contractor is coming to fix a door. Thank goodness, the home warranty hasn't expired.

janelle, I'm so sorry you are sick. That's no fun, running to that bathroom all the time. I hope your husband gets good news at his check-up.

Jeanne, I didn't know that Tupperware still existed.

Everyone else have a super day!!!

:flow1:

shcirerf
02-15-2011, 10:09 PM
:carrot: We didn't have meeting last week due to the weather, and I knew I was down some. 5 pounds!

Although I know, I was pretty dehydrated from the back door trots, I'll take it.

Dh check up went fine. He's about where they anticipated he would be so that's good!

Tina
02-15-2011, 10:21 PM
:carrot: janelle, that's a great loss and great news about your husband!!!!!

Tina
02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi all,
I'm not journaling and we all know what that means.....no loss on the scales. :(:(:(
Tomorrow I'm going to drink lots of water....again.

shcirerf
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
So much going on.

One ole gramma, not good, but hanging in there, doc said she was gonna die last week, she walked to lunch at the nursing home yesterday. I knew I got my stubborn streak somewhere. Grandbaby any time now. Hubby's heart check up ok, but a ways to go.

Work in a small place, my co worker, been there longer than me, now needs a bunch of time off. *rolls eyes* to go to bull sales, Doc due in court for cruelty case, people want dog grooms, we've had a whole 3 days of warm weather, ( people it's Feb., in Nebraska, it will get cold again) I'm scheduled out 2 weeks now and when the baby (petunia) decides to show up, I'm gone! But the folks at work, not seeming to get this, even tho I flat out told them yesterday!

Och! I need a vacation!

Somehow, the co workers are not getting this baby thing!

Tina
02-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Morning,
janelle, You really DO need a vacation. Is this your first grandbaby? I don't have any. :(:(:( Maybe some day in a land far, far, away. :lol: (My son isn't married yet.)

This is our third day of nice, warm weather. Here, that means it really will stay nice from now on.

Our group has been really quiet. Too much going on, I guess.
Please post!!!
:hug:

shcirerf
02-18-2011, 11:15 PM
2nd grandbaby, first for this son. He's nervous, she's tired of being pregnant and the roids are a bother.

There is just so much going on. Busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs at work, son nervous about baby, keeps calling, yes son, I'm coming!

Weird thing, her Mom said she's NOT coming. She hops her happy butt 600 miles away every time her sis has a baby, but not coming 90 miles for this one. :?: The other ironic thing, son, Art, is a State trooper, DOT officer and SWAT sniper, cool head, yet nervous as all get out over the baby. Kind of makes me snicker, he keeps calling, updating, can you come to watch the dog? It's code for Mom and Dad, I'm scared! Come hold my hand!

I know this will all pass, and the baby will get here and all will be fine. It's just nerve wracking. :D

maureen kempster
02-19-2011, 11:54 AM
good morning all

another day of staining! will it ever be done? I've given 5 coats to 8 doors-I'm getting there-the good thing is is that I can't eat while staining-I'm having my lunch break now-
Janelle-you sure have lots of energy-holy, I get tired just reading what you've been up to lol
Tina, I'm in the same boat as you-no grandkids & I'll probably be dead when my sons ever do have children
I'm sure my oldest won't be having any(his wife is 45 today) and my other 2 have a hard time looking after themselves!!

Busy at work-the company is looking into buying more offices-so things are looking good
I'll be back later-have a good day on program

maureen

auntie
02-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi,
It's a busy week for me. I'll be glad when today is over. We are having our big Deaf Ed show. We've been practicing so hopefully it will go smooth. My kids are act 21 of 32. It will be a relief to be finished with it.

Janelle, It's funny how strong your son is but of course he wants his Mom and Dad there! It's a shame that his wife's mom isn't coming. I'm glad you are going!

Well, Pat's sick and I need to run!

Have a good day...more later

Tina
02-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Happy Sunday,
I hope everyone is doing okay today.
Susan, how is Pat? Does he have a "bug?" How was your day yesterday? Did your class do well? I know it was stressful for you. :hug:
Jeanne, you are sooooo busy. I'm glad your new business is going well.
janelle, you need a long vacation. :lol: That is so sweet about your son calling you all the time. Our children want their mothers when stressful times come.
Dori, how are you and Justin doing?
Mimi, how is your weather? You are doing great with your weight loss. :dance:
Maureen, I'm so impressed at your remodeling. Really! I know you are tired, though. You are probably too tired to eat after all your work. Right?!?
farmgirl, haven't heard from you in AGES.

Tomorrow is a new day. I've got to get back OP all day long. I do good and then somehow get sidetracked. I've got a dr. appt. on Friday. Wonder how many pounds I can lose before then! :lol: :o :lol:

Mimi4fun
02-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Its a good thing I like spinach salads, I went shopping for romaine today and it was 3.49 for a skinny head and iceberg was $4 I guess that cold weather down in texas might have something to do with it???? ;(

Tina
02-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Wow, that's really expensive. We are not getting tomatoes because of the cold weather in South America! Also, I've heard that cocoa will be getting more expensive and hard to find. I didn't know SA grew tomatoes.

shcirerf
02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
No baby yet, but gotta love lazy Sundays. It's cold and icy out so stayed in and lounged all day. :D

Browsed seed catalogs and Menards web site for spring projects. Need new gutters.

I think I'll paint my toenails.

Tina
02-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Morning all---

janelle, it's sounds like you had a nice, relaxing Sunday. I love looking through catalogs. I want everything I see....no matter if it would fit or not. :lol:
Do let us know when the baby arrives!

For me, I've got to clean house and wash today.
I'm gonna drink lots and lots of water.

jar1965
02-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi everyone~

Wow wow wow, the snow came down last night. Travels were completely at stand stills! People abandoned their cars all along the busy freeways. They are saying on the news for people to get their cars as they are going to start towing them! I took Kaitlin to work at 5:30 this morning. I didn't have any problems on the main roads. The side streets (llike the one I live on) are bad, but the crews have sooooo much to do!

Anyways.......came home and shoveled and now I'm just sitting here enjoying my coffee and being thankful that I don't work and have to drive into the city! These are the days, that I don't miss working! The news showed some of those abandoned cars and they were on the road that ran infront of our Pittsburgh store! :o

Yesterday I totally stayed OP and Kaitlin & I walked! We looked like snowmen by the time we got home! It wasn't snowing when we left, but it sure was by the time we were headed home. haha!

Well I better scoot, gotta check on Sweet Baby Depots Website & emails.;)

Have a great day everyone and stay OP!

I'll try to do personals later! Love ya all tho!

jar1965
02-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Oh.....my big news this morning....... I DROPPED AN OPEN CAN OF COFFEE GRINDS IN THE KITCHEN~:joker:

shcirerf
02-22-2011, 08:41 AM
If the baby hasn't arrived on her own by Thursday, she's going to the hospital Thursday evening, and they will induce and we will have baby on Friday.

Yesterday was a typical Monday of pandolerium at work. Seems like every cat in town caught the runs over the weekend. The appt. book looks like another day of the same chaos today.

Tina
02-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Good Morning!
Have a great day!

Tina
02-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Janelle, any baby yet? :hug:

Tina
02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, it's been a busy day so far.
I hope everyone is having a good one.
Is it still snowing up north?
I've been OP all day and am very proud of myself. :) It's been a busy one. I had blood work done this morning and then a haircut (not sure if I like it) and then the cabinet guy came after lunch. Since last June, we've been hasseling with them to replace one in our bathroom. They keep bringing ones with scratches or not the same stain. Maureen, I needed you to come fix one for us! :lol:
I feel a celebration of sugar free ice cream coming on tonight. I know---I'm nuts.

:hug:

auntie
02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi,
Well survived our show on Saturday. The kids did a great job. Then I went to dinner with one of my students and her parents. We've been busy doing testing. It's not fun..... my testing is a little different from others that is coming up. THere is just a group of us with all the testing we have.

Yes, Pat has had the bug. It's the head mess and has felt horrible. He finally went to the doctor and got antibiotics for a bad sinus infection. I really wanted to say, you should have when I first told you to go but I stayed quiet. :)

Ya'll are the best!!!

shcirerf
02-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Still no baby! So unless she goes on her own tomorrow, they will check in tomorrow night and baby on Friday. I'm going up after work tomorrow and spending the night. Mostly to babysit the dog, but her folks aren't coming till Sunday, so I'll be the first granny to see the baby.:carrot:

My DIL's parents are nice people, but her Mom is a bit self sanctimonious, so this will give me a leg up in the MIL department. :D

Tina
02-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Morning,

janelle, I know you are excited about the baby. Please, be sure and let us know what happens. How is your husband?
Susan, I'm glad Saturday went well. Yea for Pat getting medicine. Larry and David are the worst about that. Larry will finally go but David has to have laryngitis or really high fever before he will do anything. Men!!! :D

Mimi and Maureen, still getting snow?
Jeanne, you are just too busy working to write. Come on, girl, we miss you.
Dori, how is work? How is Justin?
Tammy, we miss you!

farmgirl and ems--where are y'all? :hug:

jar1965
02-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone!!!

Just had my girlfriend and her little girl over for muffins and coffee. We try to get together once a week. She drops her two older kids off at school and then we vist for a couple of hours!

I was excited when I got on the scale and saw a 3# loss!:carrot: Hope ya' all had a good loss too!

Sweet Baby is doing good and pretty busy for just some small homemade crafty things. :o

Well I better scoot. I have some laundry to do! Have a great day. Going to WW meeting at 6:30.

shcirerf
02-25-2011, 01:10 AM
:trampo::celebrate::woo::balloons: The baby is here. 7 lbx. 3 ozs, 21 inches. Ally Cadence, (spelling?)

They did end up doing a c section but everyone is fine. I'll get to see her in the morning. She was born about 9:30 this evening. But by the time they get everything put back together, it'll be late.

I am at my son's house babysitting the dog. So, I'llget to be the first to see her in the morning!

maureen kempster
02-25-2011, 05:28 AM
congratulations Janelle-glad all are doing well.
I'll be back later, just getting ready for work.
everyone have a great day

maureen

Tina
02-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Janelle, congratulations!!!!!!!!!

We want to know all about her---her little pink toes, fingers, everything.

jar1965
02-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Congratulations Janelle!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Tina
02-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi friends--me again.
I fixed the best supper last night.
I bought ff flour tortillas 2pts. each and a rotiserrie chicken
Add some picante sauce, lettuce and bell pepper and you have a great meal.
Oh yes, I had a can of ff refried beans, too. They were like 2 pts. for a cup!

The GE repair guy came today to work on our little wine cooler. He had to move it out of its little hole in the wall. Well, he couldn't get it back in right and it's not level. I just knew he was going to scratch up the hardwood floor and the walls. I told him to :eek: STOP. (Our builder's contractor will come next week and fix it.)

Anyone have plans for the weekend? We don't.

shcirerf
02-25-2011, 11:56 PM
She is perfect. Mom and Dad and Baby all doing well. Mom is a bit sore and really tired, but ok.

Art had 3 days sick leave and then vacation for next week, but since she had a c-section he can take all the sick leave he has and stay home. He'll be off all next week, more if needed.

I'm back home now, since I have to work tomorrow, brought the dog home with me. They will probably be in the hospital until Sunday. The Dr. said if Trish was doing good tomorrow, they could go home. They have good insurance, so I and everyone else agrees, STAY the extra day!

All in all, it's all good! :D

jar1965
02-26-2011, 06:10 AM
awwww, she is beautiful Janelle!!!!!!

Tina
02-26-2011, 07:06 PM
I agree that she' beautiful!!! And, your son is very handsome, too.

shcirerf
02-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks, so far everything is going great, should go home tomorrow.

My other granddaughter, Devani.

Tina
02-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Evening,
janelle, she's so cute. I know you have fun with her. Did your dil get to go home today?

How was everyone's weekend?

shcirerf
02-27-2011, 10:19 PM
They went home today. Art is off all week and her mom is going to stay tomorrow and Tuesday. Everyone doing well.

Lol, Devani's daddy, my son Dale, looks like a hoodlum in that pic. He's a high school science teacher. That was one of those mornings it was -20 here. Thus the hootinhymer hat!

Tina
02-28-2011, 10:37 AM
It's Monday! :carrot:

I found a great bread. It's Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat.
One slice is only 1 pt. and you get 5 g of fiber in that one slice. Wow, and it's good, too.

Have a great day.

jar1965
02-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Tina - someone else told me about that and I forgot all about it!!!! I've got to get a loaf!

Janelle - hows the baby?

Susan, Marion, Maureen, Tammy, Dori, & everyone else - how is everyone?

shcirerf
02-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Allie is good, a bit fussy and gassy, but sheesh, only 3 days old. All is good.

On a strange note, I've gotten some random phone calls and text messages, people looking for someone that is not me. Chalked it up to clumsy fingers.

Today I got one that was just odd. Living in a small community, I tracked down the local narcotic specialist guy. He knows the people who were dumb enough to leave their names and number in a text on my phone. They are missing who they want to call by one number in the prefix and getting me instead of the local dope dealer.

One of these people has been arrested once already for meth, and now because they have fumble fingers, I'm getting their dealing messages on my phone! *GRRR*!

Thankfully, I know all the local cops, and they were tickled pink to get the phone number of the message, and on top of that the sender was dumb enough to leave not only his name, but the name of a buddy, in a text message, which I forwarded to the drug unit!

shcirerf
03-01-2011, 08:27 AM
The diet is no going to bad either! Stayed solidly under 160 for 2 weeks now!

shcirerf
03-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Down 1.2! 157.8! Yay me!

maureen kempster
03-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Yea you Janelle.

Hi to all, I've been quiet but here. We got a lot of snow Monday hopefully that's the last big snowfall for the season, but I see the weather station says snow all day today.

The scale didn't move from last week but I've been stuck at worse numbers.

My brother in law is going to start painting on saturday and do a few finishing touches in my bathroom.

hope we all have a great day

maureen

Tina
03-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

janelle, what great news about that loss. Congrats :dance:

Maureen, I agree that no one is posting right now. Boo :(
I'd say it's because of the spring-like weather but that's not the case for you or a lot of our group.
It's cool in the mornings but in the high 70's by afternoon.
Monday I walked on a treadmill at the gym. But, yesterday was just too nice to be inside. I walked on a track for a mile. Today, I'm resting and going window shipping.
I'm very, very slowing beginnig to lose a few ounces. :carrot:

Hope y'all have a good day.

Tina
03-03-2011, 04:54 PM
STOP
Go to the March thread to post.