100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, exercise, plans, stuff - Month of February, 2011

Beverlyjoy
02-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more.

Feel free to join in!

Beverlyjoy
02-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi chicks - Happy February! This morning I am greeted with predictions of freezing rain, ice, sleet, rain and snow for the next two days. Home sweet home today. I hope you are all safe from the storm throughout the US.

I have had a couple of solid on plan days - I am grateful. I've been willing to plan/measure/log food, stretches & strengthening, lots of water, no seconds, left one bite on the plate, journalled, slowed down a bit and more.

Starting to get ready for Disney. I ordered my electric scooter (humbling). I need to get a light jacket. Mine disappeared somewhere - phooey. I also have to start thinking about five days away from home needing ‘softish’ foods and aim for low sodium. I’ll bring bananas, applesauce & maybe I can find a soft ‘energy bar’. I am going to get a small solft insulated cooler for yogurt and cheese. I’ve looked online at some of the restaurants in our package. - it’s going to be challenging. But,I need to NOT go on this trip with an ‘I can’t manage it’ feeling. I will figure out a strategy!!

lottie - YAY for another pound down and 45 total. Stay strong - shout back at the fried food.

Chloespinsicle - great plan!

Slash - kudo’s for pushing yourself to the gym!

Upswife - your mall walks are great… carry on.

Dgrammie - forget the weekend. Hop right back on to your plan and you’ll be just fine.

willow girl - wonderful to have a new tasty recipe. It makes staying on plan easier.

Mj - so glad your veggie chili turned out good. Sorry to hear about your calf/foot ouch. Take care of it and hope it’s better soon. I love that your nieces want you to do their makeup for a special occasion - neat!

Jab - glad to hear that your weekend was peaceful and that you got your daughter’s car fixed with less of a cost. Carry on.

Once again, folks, stay safe if you are impacted by this big storm. Stay safe to everyone - no matter what. Have a good day.

Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

jab91864
02-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Morning all !!! Snow, snow, snow... ugh!!!

Haven't gotten on here since Sunday morning..slacking!!

Food for Sunday was good... total calories 1435

Food for yesterday was over my limit.. 1741 :(

But I am not beating myself up over it. I have had many days recently below my limit and I have done well with "restricting" my intake so it's just a slight blip.

I ended up making a lasagna per request and had intended to make something different for myself. Then realized I had enough calories I could have a reasonable pc of lasagna but I had a little more than that in the end. Would have been safer to have made my tuna wrap as intended and just put the lasagna on the table and walked away...lol It was the gooey cheese topping that was my undoing.

yesterdays foods...

brown rice
carrots
tomatoes
water
tea

cheerios (dry)
orange
banana
water

lf yogurt
frozen berries
water

salad
lf dressing
lasagna
water

You're right Beverylyjoy plan , plan, and plan some more. The more foods you can be prepared for the easier it will be. It sounds like it will be a fun time!!

I wish all of you a GREAT day OP!!!!

willowgirl
02-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Good morning! Waking up to a lovely disaster of weather here in Dallas. Ugh. I feel bad for complaining, when so many on here probably deal with it on a daily basis, but we dont get it much so it's always a big news event :)

Did well yesterday even though for some reason I was starving!

Breakfast
4pts - Oatmeal

Snack
0pts - Orange
3pts - 3/4 cup almonds

Lunch
4Pts - Cabbage Roll Casserole (http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cabbage-roll-casserole/Detail.aspx) (leftovers)
1pts - 2 cups salad/apple/Raspberry vinaigrette

Snack
4pts - Sweet & Salty bar

Dinner
8pts - 3oz Sirloin Steak w/Sesame Broccili and walnuts
10pts - 2 (6oz) glasses red wine

upswife
02-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Good morning everyone!! Happy February!!

Yesterday went well, a little high in the calories, but still within range. Walk was very good, we were walking for about an hour and a half...then let the baby play in the play area, it turns out they were there taking pics for a new visitors guide...so my little one may be in it...How exciting!!

TOM showed up yesterday, feel like crap...planning on watching calories and maybe yoga this afternoon with the big girls...Have to run DD3 is fighting her sister about stitting on the potty...I really hope she trains soon!

KmbRN84
02-01-2011, 10:35 AM
I have never done this thread but the idea seems great, I think I will join you all.
Beverlyjoy, when are you going to Disney? I am going to Disney World Feb 9-15 and am a wee bit worried about the food!

Slashnl
02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Went to spin class this morning. It was a really good class. It was hard, but I felt like it was a great workout. I'm trying to make myself go to Body Flow tomorrow. It is a mixture of yoga, pilates, etc. I don't like it much because I'm not very good at it, but I really need help with my flexibility. I really need to go and work on it. I just hate not being able to do as much as I would like. We'll see how it goes.

Beverly: Congrats on your solid on plan days. Sounds like you have lots of planning to do with Disney.

Jab: You know, sometimes if you have that one day of being over your calories, sometimes that can help with your metabolism. So I’ve heard.

Willowgirl: I heard a lot about your weather on the radio… I listen to sports talk radio. Not a good time!

Upswife: That’s cool about the visitor’s guide.

KmbRN84: Welcome!!! Glad you’re joining us.

Have a great day everyone.

lottie63
02-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Heya everyone, new month! I'm feeling really motivated today.

I woke up with a little stiffness in my right shoulder, but it mostly wore off and I'm feeling great.

Have decided to start slow with getting back on board with exercise. I'm not in a ton of pain today and I dont' want to ruin that. ha.

I'll do 15 mins, 4 days a week for the first week, and then increase mins throughout the month until I hit 45 and then in march, increase intensity.

I want to join a gym in June and start c25k in July, I'm gonna try really hard to get to an okay level by then.

I need to fill out my February sparkpeople monthly calender I got. Wooo! :)

Oh! Also, lost 8 lbs last month! :) Don't forget to fill out the 2011 challenge thing if you're doing it. :)

mj5
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone! I'm here!!!! Things at work have been super busy. Unfortunately the scale didn't budge this week. I have been SO good w/ exercise and tracking calories its a little discouraging. Had a great chat w/ my wellness coach though, so that helped.

Have a great night! Stay warm!!!!

KmbRN84
02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, I didn't exercise today, no excuse I was just a slacker.

Food today
banana
udon noodle stir fry
muffin (homemade, 100 cal)
pretzels
panko crusted sietan
roasted veg (celery root, fennel, asparagus, zucchini, potato)
ice cream
strawberries with cool whip

I may end up having another small snack tonight and I will still be within calories.

lottie63
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
I finally exercised last night. But then woke up at 625 and couldn't fall back to sleep cuz I had SUPER bad heartburn. Screw you taco salad right before bed! ha.

So, I got about 5 hours sleep which pretty much guarantees a nap today. AUGH. One of my goals this month is to NOT nap.

not sleeping though will make me flare. I'm kind of cranky over this.

:(

Anger.

Either way, I exercised, and it was fabulous.

Beverlyjoy
02-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi chicks - hoping all folks here in North America are safe from the storm.

Yesterday was a healthy day until the middle of the night when we lost power. I somehow got it in my mind that eating would fix it. (only kidding!) But, I did eat extra with the stress. Ugh. Luckily the power came back on in less than an hour. Anyway - as always, I am grateful for any food sanity I can muster. Eating extra in the night isn't a reason to keep doing it. (I am tatooing this to my brain - trying to)

We are still covered with ice all over and most things are closed. Hopefully, we will be back to 'normal' winter soon.

Lottie - sorry you didn't get your sleep. My son has fibro and he also says how important sleep is to feelilng better.

kimbtr - good plan. Hope you had time to get in your exercise. We are going to Disney Feb. 11 - 16. People I have talked to that are watching their weight say that there are good choices to be had. That even the chef's will come out and speak with about how you need something to be prepared. Friends have said to bring water and snacks into
the park so that you have healthy stuff. (plus the cost is higher inside the park) I know it's gonna be a real challenge. This is where what I say will help - plan, plan and plan some more. Also - if you have reservations at certain restaurants you can look up their menu's on line. WE CAN DO THIS!

mj - phooey on that scale for not moving. It WILL - carry on, freind.

upswife - good job staying in your calorie range and getting in that exercise.

willow - good plan. Enjoy your wintery weather - if you can.

slash - major kudo's on all the exercise. It's great.

Shout out to anyone stopping by. Have a good day, folks.

mj5
02-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Good Morning! It looks like the "monster storm" kinda missed us...at least so far...we did get some snow and some ice (probably more ice later), but no where near as bad as they predicted, which is fine with me!!

Today is a super busy day...I have to take one of the dogs to the vet (just routine shot updates), but then grocery list, and I get stuff ready for the next two days because Thursday is my super late night because of zumba. It's all good though!

I was feeling kinda discouraged over the scale not moving, BUT...after looking over my food log and having DUH moment....the spaghetti sauce I made had some broken up pieces of poultry sausage in it. And I wasn't drinking as much water as I should have been. SODIUM.....yea...next time I'll leave the sausage in chunks (for hubby, I can honestly do w/ out the sausage myself...I'd rather have a meatball). This morning the scale was down. Hopefully it will stay there LOL! I know, I know, it isn't all about the scale, but when I am finally doing things "right" it's nice to see the payoff there, too.

Have a great OP day everyone! Stay safe and warm today!

jab91864
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Well it's snowing and blowing and it sux big time!!! I spent forever laying in my driveway trying to dig my car out underneath after it got stuck. I have drifts over 3 ft deep in a lot of places that were bare yesterday , needless to say I had to call into work.

I called my supervisor at home at 6:30 this morning to say I didn't think I could make it unless I managed to dig out and the plow comes, she said she would pick me up she has 4-wheel drive. She got stuck and didn't make it off her road so neither of us showed up today in the end. Last I heard our dept is shut down for the day.

I am super wheezy and have used my inhaler a lot trying to get past the rattle in my lungs hoping to get a full breath of air. My lungs just do not like sucking in all that cold air.

I've been up since 3:30 this morning and started working on the snow by 6am. I hate winter!!!!!!!!!!!

Food was good yesterday... total cal 1351

triscuits
water
tea

apple
orange
banana
water

baked chicken leg & thigh
baked yam w/honey and some unsweetened applesauce
water

cube of lasagna (not planned but it was a tiny pc and then I walked away)
banana
water

Beverlyjoy ~ I always fret about the power going out. I called all the kids and my mom and my ex to make sure everyone had power. Not sure what I could have done for them if they didn't have it but I called anyway to still my worries. Glad you didn't have to suffer long!!

mj5~ my scale isn't loving me at the moment either...lol, this too shall pass

lottie ~ I don't know about you but I drift off the minute I hit the recliner..lol Funny how as a kid a nap was punishment but now we like it..

KmbRN84 ~ I hate to exercise so I can understand you wanting to slack off for a day since I have trouble being inspired at all...lol WeLcOmE to the thread :D

slashni~ I will be honest the metabolism thing did cross my mind, wishful thinking maybe...lol.

I hope everyone survives the snow and a GREAT day OP !!!!

upswife
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Good morning everyone!

I just LOVE the snow!!! did not do yoga yesterday, but shoveled the driveway once all by myself, and twice with hubby and the kids. But since the bulk of the snow and wind was overnight we spent an hour and a half shoveling again this morning.

Made cookies with the girls to help heat the house had a little more to eat, but believe I have burned it all off...Will post more later when I can sit with less pain...

Everyone affected by this storm Please stay safe!!! :shocksn:

Slashnl
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, I didn't go to the gym. I just couldn't gear up to go back to Body Flow. And, with the super cold weather, I let myself slack. I'll go tomorrow for Spin.

Lottie: Awesome!! 8 pounds gone!

MJ: Sorry about the scale and busy work! Hang in there!

KmbRN84: Some days are just slacker days!

Beverly: Aren’t we all just sick to death of this winter cold? Enough already.

Jab: Ditto on the hating winter comment! And mine isn’t nearly as nasty as other parts of the country!

Upswife: Good job on the shovelling. Glad YOU like the snow!

Have a good day everyone!

KmbRN84
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome. We got hit fairly bad with the ice storm. There are 3 pretty large branches laying in my yard. The cable cord is lying on the ground but still connected and the power line has a branch laying over it but has not been completely pulled down yet. Praying it hangs on until crews can come remove it!! I did make myself do my C25K program this morning. However, I tried to do it on an empty stomach and that was a big mistake.

Beverlyjoy-I do plan to bring snacks into the park (for both money and calories). I need to look over the menus at restaurants, both for calories and meat free options. I really need to get over my fear of making special requests though, I always feel like I am such a bother. Where do you have reservations? Oh and have you heard about there being a convention at Epcot?

Mj5-Sodium is EVIL, lol. I went up 1.6 lbs the other day because of it. Even knowing why the scale went up it is frustrating to see it go the wrong direction.

Jab-Yesterday evening I think my car was covered in ˝ and inch of solid ice, as I type this mother nature had decided to put a nice layer of snow upon the ice, how fun!

Upswife-love the snow, HATE the ice! You’re lucky if you guys missed the ice.

girlonfire
02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Gym: closed
grocery store: closed (nobody is allowed to travel unless it's an emergency or you get a ticket!)
vegetable supply: running low.

Ladies (and gentlemen), I have been reduced to Lean Cuisine and boxed meals that I keep around just in case. I have 3 carrots left and a little salad mix. The situation is getting desperate :lol:

mj5
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok, so my stupid foot saga (as I have been affectionately calling it....).....my wonderful hubby reminded me that about 3 years ago totally out of the blue I started to have similiar issues w/ my right foot--numbness in the ball of my foot and into my toes. I saw my dr who sent me to an awesome (and really hot) podiatrist who fixed me right up! It turned out I basically had a pinched nerve in my foot (there is a very fancy name for it...but that's what it boils down to). Unfortunately, hottie podiatrist doesn't work around here anymore, but I did call the office and I have an appt next week. Phew!

Diane--No gym here today either....between the weather and I have to get one of our dogs to the vet (unless the weather gets in the way of that too!)...nothing serious, just shot up dates.

KmbRN84--If I didn't welcome you before, Welcome!!! Oh no!!!! Darn ice! Eww...yea not good. 2 weeks ago I went to zumba on an empty stomach...the instructor actually asked me if I was ok, LOL!!!

chloekinsicle--uh oh!!! Stay warm and safe!

willowgirl
02-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Ok, yesterday was just kinda crazy. Wasnt planning on going to work because truck wont make it out of out apt parking lot due to all the ice. So all settled when boss calls and says he's sending a coworker to pick me up, he'll be there in about 5 min. So I have to rush around and get ready and dont get my food together. Have decided I need an emergency food stash at work. So, I had to eat what lunch was provided by office... and although I am strong enough to not order pizza, if it's there and there are no alternatives, I will eat it! :devil:

Breakfast:
4 pts - Oatmeal w/banana

Snack:
Nada

Lunch:
14 pts - 2 pieces supreme pizza

Snack:
Nada

Dinner:
7pts - HG Recipe Baja Tacos Blitz (http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=140961)
3pts - black bleans

Getting another ride to the office today, but for SURE taking my own food. I will be prepared! :)

dgramie
02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Food is good and exercise is dailyl...hope I continue to stay in the groove.
I am going to try and divide my calories differently today.

KmbRN84
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Willow-sucks about the craziness, I agree that when it is there it is hard not to eat it. I am a nurse and everyone loves to donate food to us! Blizzards from Dairy Queen, doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, cupcakes from Wal-Mart, etc. It is a nice gesture but tough to deal with while on a diet.

Yesterday was good with diet and exercise. Did my C25K and stayed within calories. Plus I made some awesome 75 calorie egg rolls!

Beverlyjoy
02-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Hi chicks.... SO GLAD our winter storm has passed. It made life & food hard and stressful. I did do some stress eating. I am glad that's over!

kimrn - these are some of the places we have reservations: Chef Mickey's, Fulton's Crab House, evening show at Amphitheatre at the Disney Studios - a show & 50's Prime Time Cafe, Hoop-dee-do Review. We are going with 9 other family members and they did the planning which was fine with me. I didn't know about the convention at Epcot. I think Epcot has many conventions during the year. Have Fun. What do you have planned.

I am going to have a solid week of sane eating to 'get my mind right' for Disney. Have a great day.

mj5
02-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Good Morning! I have zumba tonight and I am very excited about that!

willowgirl--an emergency food stash at work is a great idea! We have had a lot of "food events" at work lately...some healthy food, some not so much....I have been keeping small packets of almonds (100 cal) with me and a BIG bottle of water. It has definitely helped when I wanted to snack w/ everyone else!

dgramie--Keep up the good work!

KmbRN84--Great job! Keep it up!

Beverlyjoy--YEA for the storm passing! That's awesome that you know where you have reservations already and can make some plans.

Yesterday we had a mini baby shower for a co-worker. I completely resisted the HUGE chocolate chip cookie/cake. The grease stain it was leaving on the plates was enough to turn me off to it! LOL!!!! And I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, but just wasn't in the mood for it (I had a healthy snack before I went, so I wa prepared).

Today I am going out to lunch w/ a friend, but I know where we are going so I can plan ahead.

Is anyone doing anything fun for Superbowl Sunday? I was looking at some of my recipes and realizing how high in fat and calories they are, so I am either going to look for some healthier options, or try to lighten them up a bit. Hubby and I are staying home and watching the game. We both have to work early the next morning.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Slashnl
02-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Made it to the gym today. It was so cold this morning. The temps are bad enough, but the wind was blowing. It needs to move out of here!! Anyway, warmed up quite a bit doing Spin! It was a good class.

KmbRN84: Hope you stay safe. Those ice storms are scary! We don’t get them here, but I remember them from Nebraska.

Chloekinsicle: Wow! Hang in there. Hope the grocery store opens soon!

MJ: Too bad the hottie is gone! Ha! But at least you can get your foot looked at anyway. We’re staying home for the Super Bowl, too. I need to figure out something to fix that’s easy.

Willowgirl: They must really want you there to send someone to pick you up! Glad you could take your own food today.

Beverly: Glad to see the storm get out of there, too. Scary stuff for the midwest.

Have a good day.

lottie63
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm hiding in my apt for the superbowl. I live in Pittsburgh. Last year I had to call the cops cuz the idiots caught a dumpster right next to a house on fire.

Bf was out in it, coming home from work. He walks home, he said people were really ridiculous. I was just kind of happy he made it home okay. We live in Oakland, and here, Oakland and South Side are gonna be the after the game ruckus areas. ha. He's off on sunday though, so yay for that!

Today should be fun, it's freezing, but very sunny. I have a doc appt for my study, and therapy, which is sorely needed.

Then after I'm going to get lunch with a friend and then we're gonna go see a movie. Woooo! We always kind of hang out here. We never really hang out/hang out places or anything. Mostly prolly cuz we always laugh like crazy together and are really loud and annoying. :P

Going to lunch at p.f changs. Wooo!

I get paid today, and I am still waiting on my student loan consolidation to go through (which will save me 200$ a month, it'll be HALF what I'm paying now, for an education that I will never be able to use, fabulous.)

Anyhow, so I'll be able to pay what I owe on current loans until that goes through, plus this insurance bill I have from last year I never got around to paying, plus rent and electric and bus money, and after that I will have 20$ left until the 11th. lol.....but!

I'm getting 150$ from that study I'm doing (I hope they just give it to me today while I'm there instead of mailing it to me.) so 50$ for groceries out of that and then money FOR ME. Haven't had my own money in awhile. ha.

PLUS I have a 50$ target gift card I might use today :P

Beverlyjoy
02-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day... am grateful for that!

I am trying to think of a plan for Disney world. My food should be chosen with many criteria in mind while there - low sodium, healthy, not spicy and softish. I don’t think I can incorporate all these components at each meal while at Disney. I suppose the most important ones are healthy and softish. I went to Target and got a smallish zip up cooler bag. I can use this for yogurt, soft cheese and other good snacks. I am feeling like ‘how can I possibly do this?’. But, I can do the best I can - and plan, plan and plan some more. I don’t want to give up before I even get there. I must have a good solid week of ‘food sanity’ before we go. Something to hold onto when I leave my food comfort zone.

From Dr. Beck's book, she mentions to maybe add a couple extra hundred calories a day when on vacation or save up for a special dessert. I am thinking I will add a few extra exchanges for my daily total. Folks say there are healthy choices everywhere along with the many unhealthy choices. My challenge is that I can’t chew crunchy foods (fresh veggies) because of my jaw joint popping out. This has been my year of real health challenges. I will move forward.

Friends have said that folks at Disney will try to accomidate any needs one would have. I am checking on line to see what foods will be available at the restaurants where we have reservations.

Any other ideas or suggestions are welcomes.

Have a great day.

mj5
02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Good Morning! It's freezing, but bright and sunny here too...I'll take it!

Diane--Awesome that you went to Spin, even though it was cold and windy...easy to stay in bed when it's like that!!! Oh you have no idea....he was a hottie and super nice, and he would rub my foot...OK, I need to stop LOL!!!!!

lottie--I don't blame you for hiding at home on Sunday! Sounds like you are going to have a great day! Mmm, pf changs! YUM!!!

Beverlyjoy--You are dong awesome at planning ahead. That's the key. You can do it, I know you can!!!

Zumba was great last night. We had a couple new people join the class and they are hilarious. I debated whether I should go or not w/ my foot issue, but I didn't want to miss it. It's not worse and maybe even a little better this am. I still need to take it a bit easy until I see the podiatrist, but I don't want to give up my zumba!!!! I do need to get different sneakers. If I have time tonight, I may head over to our outlet mall (awesome Nike outlet there) and see what I can find.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Slashnl
02-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Ok, made it to Body Pump. So, that's a pretty good week, I made it 4 of 5. I'd like to get back to going 5 out of 5 for the week and then have a light workout day on Saturdays, resting on Sunday. Getting there. A friend just asked if I want to go tomorrow to Spin. Ugh. Now I have to go... ha! :) I was thinking that it might be nice to sleep in a little tomorrow, since it is still cold.

MJ: Good for you, staying strong with Zumba. Are you going this weekend? You should since evidently, I'm going.

Have a good weekend everyone.

mj5
02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Diane--LOL!!! yes I am! I'll be shaking my booty at 10:30am :) But don't worry...no sleeping in here....my Casey beagle wakes me up promptly at 5am EVERY day. Good thing she's cute!

lottie63
02-05-2011, 12:33 AM
So, pf changs served me food with gluten in it. That was last night. I'm hoping since it probably was just the soy sauce and not too much that I am all better by monday. But my stomach and fibro do not like me right now.

:(

argh!

jab91864
02-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Wow it doesn't take long to get behind in the thread. Work has been hectic since we closed the day of the blizzard. Now it's just cold and bleak looking!!

Lottie ~ I hope you are feeling better soon

mj5 ~ my dogs are alarm clocks too...lol.

beverlyjoy ~ I feel for you will all your restrictions, it's a lot to keep track of. I KNOW you are going to have a great time on vacation.

KmbRN84 & willow ~ I do fine until they set the illegal foods out in front of me and I am locked in the same room...lol. The holiday season brings a lot of the customers with food gifts, it was really hard !!

chloe ~ I hope you survived the lack of food during the storm ??

Well I've stayed on track and done well enough to see the scale creep down 2lbs... :carrot:

Yesterday's food... total cal...1277

cheerios
skim milk
water

apple
orange
banana
water

triscuits
laughing cow cheese
water

green giant broccoli & cheese
tablespoon of bacon bits tossed in
3 totino's pizza rolls (my son was eating them and I couldn't resist) I originally snatched 4 but gave one to my parrot, like me he is a pizza fiend...lol

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend, I need to look at my foods for the weekend and scope out a plan of some sort on what I am cooking.

KmbRN84
02-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I went to Olive Garden yesterday with a friend, but didnt make the smartest choice. I did make myself stop before I wanted to and did not bring the leftovers home.

Beverlyjoy-You are doing a much better job that I at preparing. We dont have any reservations anywhere so will be doing mostly quick service. That usually works out best with a 7 year old. I do plan to bring snacks with me. One of my biggest concerns is being a vegetarian. Hopefully thay will have more that fried potatos and cheese sticks and pizza for me!

mj5
02-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I am SO glad tomorrow is a rest day for me! Zumba kicked my booty today! It was so much fun, though!

lottie--I hope you feel better soon!

jab--I hope work settles down a bit for you.

KmbRN84--Good for you for not bringing leftovers home.

I am making some lean steak sandwiches w/ lots of veggies and some healthy snacks for "superbowl food" tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

upswife
02-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Good evening all! Been pretty good this week, calories have been a little on the high side, but not too bad, today so far has been good.

Cereal bar
1 cup coffee with creamer

1.5 cups spaghetti
2 small pieces It sausage

Bag M&M's (I know bad)

dinner will be whatever I can scrounge up at home probably yogurt and some carrot sticks

Have to get back to work see you chickies later!

mj5
02-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Good Morning! I am so glad today is a rest day for me! I just read an article online that a zumba class can burn 500 calories or more, I don't disagree! LOL!!!

Last night hubby and I made some healthier pizzas for dinner. I made mine on a whole wheat tortilla...I realized the crust we had been using we MUCH higher in calories than I thought. I have to say, it was really, really good. I used lots of veggies and mushrooms. A new staple for us!!!

Today I am making steak sandwiches w/ ratatouille in the crock pot. I switches out the foccacia that the recipe calls for with whole wheat rolls. It works out to 350 calories per serving.

upswife
02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Have my plan for today... just trying to make it thru work. This cold is kicking my rear end. Can't wait to go home and head to bed. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Lizz
02-06-2011, 01:08 PM
I have not been very good in the last week of February or so. Truth is my weight did not actually change the week before, just bounced up and down by 3 lbs or so day by day. Weird. :dizzy: And I got a little discouraged by that in addition to loosing focus on daily tracking with work turning tough again. :(

But keeping track of my calorie intake daily, while I did do it in January, helped me immensely in staying below my goal of 1500 kcal per day, so I go for that again on this thread in February and will also include weight for the days when I can find the courage for the scale.

I am not perfect. Sometimes I fail. And that is ok, as long as I stand up to the task and try my best again and again and again. Selfish hug for me because everyone needs one once in a while: :hug:

1: Not done
2: Not done
3: Not done
4: Not done
5: Not done
6: 1809 - :mad: - 244.0 lbs :)
7: 1359 - :)
8: 1638 - :(
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:

lottie63
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Just checking in real quick. I'm doing fine, feeling blah and it seems my back is full of pinched nerves today. wonderful. :(

lottie63
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
also, I was stretching my neck, trying to pull the pinched nerve a bit down in my back and stretch it out.

I ended up causing the pinched nerve pain to travel to my shoulder. it was a sharp pretty awful pain. Luckily sitting here is the least painful thing I can do. standing, laying, etc, not working out too well.

I hope if I take it really easy tonight and take lots of pain pills that I'm at least tolerable by morning. If I worked today I would have called off. that is something I can not afford to do. I work tomorrow and it's one of my new long days and I open so I will need to do the count and bend and stretch, etc. So, if I want more hours next month I have to push through.

auuuuuugh. Pain.

I am taking it super easy this week I guess. Will exercise asap. I am planned for 20 mins 4 days a week. so if I rest from today-tuesday as much as I can hopefully I can pick up with the exercise on wednesday, but if not, I'm not going to destroy myself just to get it in. I hope I can though I don't need to be falling back as soon as I start. So annoyed at my stupid body.

It's always something.

willowgirl
02-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Whew, glad this weekend is over - now can get back to normal :) Even though Im not too big a football fan, it was pretty cool to see the behind the scenes stuff for the Superbowl this year. :) Also, we are finally thawed out! Yay!

Actually didn't do too bad! Thanks to my mom, she premade our Superbowl meal and that helped a lot!

We had Butternut Squash fries (http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/512) (supper yummy, even my 13 yr old loved em!) with a veggie dip my mom made from FF sour cream, ff cream cheese, Greek yougurt and Knorr veggie seasoning - super yummy! Im going to have to get the exact recipe for this, because I may put this on everything :)
She also made her chili (http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=222391)again and so we had Frito Chili pies :)
And cupcakes (http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/chocolate-911-chocolate-marshmallow-madness-cupcakes-recipe)- yummy! My moms so awesome, haha!

So, now that its over Im ready to start a new week! :)

lottie63
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
oohhhh, butternut squash friessoundgood!

Okay so it's been four days and I think my stomach and the bloating and the pain from the gluten are finally gone.

but the pinched nerve is still going strong! I am double dosing the lyrica again. thank god no side effects but it really helps.

I work today so I kind of have to. I hope it's okay by wed so I can exercise.

augh.

I just had a banana, .5 cup blackberries and a blood orange for breakfast! yum!

mj5
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I am thrilled to report that I am down 4 (yep, I said 4!!!!) lbs this week! Guess all of that booty shaking at zumba is paying off! My younger sis wants to go w/ me this Saturday and then out for coffee after. That will be fun.

upswife--Hope you are feeling better!!!

Lizz--I totally agree, keeping track (something I did NOT want to do for a looooong time....now I actually like doing it) does help. You CAN do this. Hugs are not selfish. We all need them. :hug:

lottie--stupid pain. Hope you are feeling better today.

willowgirl--YUM! Please share the veggie dip, if you don't mind...that sounds really good! I made a taco dip w/ low fat cream cheese, greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), lf cheese, black olives, salsa, and low sodium taco seasoning. I liked it and hubby said it was as good as the "original" version! I dipped w/ veggies and I bought him whole grain chips. I also made steak sandwiches w/ ratatouille in the crockpot. SO yummy!!!!

Diane--Were you at class on Saturday? I was there sweating my booty off...we did this new leg thing at the end....OMG, I thought my legs were going to fall off!! When our instructor gets this evil little smirk, we know we are in trouble........

I am going to the gym tonight. I will lift weights (arms/shoulders) and ride the bike.

We have leftovers for dinner, so that makes it easy!!

Slashnl
02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Well, not very good choices yesterday. Hmm. Well, moving on. I went to Body Pump at the gym today, so at least it is starting out better today.

MJ: I did go to Spin on Saturday. It kicked my butt again. I was glad to have a rest day yesterday, although my food choices weren't very good.

Have a good week everyone!

Beverlyjoy
02-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Chicks - hope you are all doing well. I am been on plan for four days - except for last night. I did some stress eating. I need to tatoo on my brain - 'food does not cure stress or pain'.

Getting ready for our trip on Friday to Disney with 9 family members, including my sweet GS. My pieces and parts are acting up. I will move forward the best I can.

I hope you all have a great day.

Slashnl
02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Went to spin this morning. The roads are really icy, but I made it there. Kind of a crappy, wintery day. I'm so ready for spring, but I guess we're just not there yet.

Beverly - You probably have a lot to plan and get ready. Keep hanging in there!

Have a great day everyone.

mj5
02-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Good morning! I went to the gym last night and lifted weights. I was the only girl in the weight room and got some funny looks (like I was invading "their" space LOL!, but whatev...I just ignored the silly boys and did my thing.) My arms are sore this am, but it's all good!!!]

Diane--Yea for going to Spin on Sat and Body Pump yesterday!! I LOVE my Sunday rest days!! I am not liking the ice this year!

Beverlyjoy--I've been thinking about you as you plan/get ready for your trip. You are going to have a fantastic time!!!!

This afternoon I have a call w/ my wellness coach. Then the gym for cardio. I am making taco salad for dinner. I have really wanted to get takeout and have that, but I figure I can make a MUCH healthier version, so that's what I am going to do. Hubby is on board, so that's good. He told me last night that I am inspiring him to be healthier. Wow. That made me feel amazing. He even asked if I wanted VDay candy or if it would be better to skip it. I have asked him to skip it and make me a few choc covered strawberries w/ dark chocolate. I'm really glad he asked first!

Ok, have a great OP day everyone!!!!!!

jab91864
02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
mj5~ dark chocolate covered strawberries sound delish!!!!

slashni ~ single digits here this morning on the way to work, took me hours to feel warm again..lol

beverlyjoy ~ I am the stress queen so I can relate, best wishes on peaceful vibes !!!

Hi to everybody !!! :D

Yesterday's food... total cals..1088

baked chicken breast meat
arnold's mg sandwich thin
lite mayo
water

apple
bannana
orange
water

scrambled eggs
cottage cheese
water

I meant to have a snack but I was so tired after work it just didn't happen..

Have a great evening !!

Beverlyjoy
02-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi chickies - thanks to you all for your kind, supportive and positive thoughts. SOON - I'll be in Disney World. I've got healthy snacks packed and planned. I don't how often I can check in with you all. DH will take his work laptop. Techniqually - I can't use it. Hoping this trip can be the exception.

jab - everyone seems to like the Arnold's sandwich thins - I'll have to check them out.

mj - congrats on your wonderful weightloss. Kudo's for making a healthy taco salad instead of tempting yourself with a restaurant version.

slash - careful on those icy roads. So glad you could get to spin class.

lottie - glad to hear that your tummy is some better. I hope the lyrica helps with your pieces and parts. (I can so relate)

willowgirl - I bet you're glad the superbow is over, for sure!! Thanks for the
recipe for the healthy fries!

lizz - glad you are posting. It will be helpful!

upswife - yes, having a PLAN will always help!

kimbr - the Disney site stated that there are lots of healthy choices there , if you look for them. It was someone else in our group that made the reservations. I know you can do well. HAVE FUN. We both need to be kind to ourselves and make the good choices. Safe travel to you all.

Have a great day.

Slashnl
02-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Took a rest day this morning. It was insanely cold and my knees were kind of sore from yesterday. So, no gym today. That's ok. There weren't any classes I like today. Tomorrow is spin, so I'll be back at it.

Busy at work! Have a good day everyone.

mj5
02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone! I had a great chat w/ my wellness coach yesterday afternoon. Even taught him something ;) I found this microwave egg cooker at Walmart....I was skeptical (microwaved eggs?? I wasn't so sure...), but I figured for $3, I would give it a try...it works great! I add 1/4c egg whites, some veggies pop in the microwave for 2 min and presto! A perfect egg sandwich-sized egg! While that is cooking I toast an english muffin or sandwich thin or whatever...add a slice of lowfat cheese...excellent breakfast! He said he was going to look for one.

jab--they are SO delish...that's why I said just a few!!! Oh my goodness...I know it has been so cold here too!

Beverlyjoy--You will be having SO much fun in the sun you won't have time to check in here. ;) Thanks! It was a very yummy taco salad!!! Ground turkey, lots of yummy salad...mmmm

Diane--Hope your knees are feeling better. Rest days are necessary.

Tonight I will go to the gym and do cardio.

Last night I started planning out some meals for the week. I do great buying healthy stuff...but I don't always get complete dinners, if that makes sense, so then I end up running to the store for one or two things to make a "whole" meal. I would like to avoid those extra trips to the store to save time and money during the week. I'm hoping hubby has Sunday off again...he said he would roast a turkey for us (we have a couple smaller ones in our freezer). YUMMY!!!!!!!

Hope you are all having a great day!

lottie63
02-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Well, I've been busy with stuff at home lately.

I'm so tired right now. My sleep is such a mess. I didn't want to nap but I don't think I'll make it. :(

Anyhow, I changed my diet a bit this week. I felt in a rut and my loss was slowing due to doing the same stuff.

So anyhow, I changed my cals from 1300 with no exercise to 1500 wiht exercise, I seemed to lose better at 1500 anyhow. I increased water from 64 oz to 96 oz and I've been eating two raw meals a day and one cooked meal (just for this week, might start doing that off and on every so many weeks.)

I generally have a few different fruits for breakfast with a single serving of nuts, have a cooked lunch, so I can get some protein to keep me going (tofu, tvp, beans, rice, etc.), and a great big salad with tons of veggies, dressing and a serving of sunflower seeds.

I felt like I wasn't getting enough raw stuff. I know it's so much healthier and I loved replacing my breakfasts (which is what I did first) from scrambled tofu to fruit and non dairy milk or a serving of nuts. Figured maybe this would jump start my weight loss back to where it was.

So far so good! It's only wed and I've already lost 2 lbs. :D Down to 252! Only 3 lbs away from the the 240's and a 50 lb loss, and I'm SUPER excited. :D

The pinched nerve in my back is okay now, so I'll exercise later...maybe after my nap ;)

jab91864
02-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm soooooo ready for it to be over...winter that is!!!

I was craving cookies the other day but managed to be good. My oldest daughter is expecting me to have a birthday cake made when she comes over this weekend... she will be turning 23. I may do cupcakes cuz I have a feeling I am going to have some...lol.

Lottie ~ that is great you are almost to a big marker on the new you!!!

mj5 ~ roast turkey is always good !!

slashni~ hope you are right as rain tomorrow !!

Beverlyjoy~ you may have to sneak on the laptop when he is sleeping...lol.

Yesterday's cal total ...1283

cheerios
skim milk
water

apple
orange
banana
water

thomas everything bagels (2) turned into mini pizza
water

Gotta go figure out my dinner for tonight, hope everyone has a great evening!!

mj5
02-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Good Morning! I went to the gym last night and rode the bike for 30 mins last night. Right before leaving I started thinking that it would be ok to skip out on going...UGH!!!! Luckily, I didn't listen, I just went and did my thing :)

lottie--sounds like a great plan! 2lbs so far is awesome!

jab--cupcakes are a great idea!

Zumba had been canceled tonight, but it's back ON and I am super excited!!!

Tomorrow I see the podiatrist, so hopefully he can fix up my foot. Then after work I am going to the outlet mall to look for new sneakers for zumba and see what other bargains I can find ;)

Have a great day everyone!

Slashnl
02-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi all. Went to Spin today and I felt really good. I told the instructor awhile back that I really like Waka Waka by Shakira (she had played it for warm ups one day). So, lately, she's been playing it just for me! :) I guess my comment about her being a drill sargeant was taken as a compliment, which is how I meant it. I prefer the instructors that make me stay on task and push me harder. If my mind can wander while working out, then I'm not working out hard enough. I had told her about this one spin instructor that tries way too hard to be way too nice. She thought it was funny.

I've also decided that I can't continue to have Wednesday as a day off. I didn't feel right all day. Maybe just a lighter workout, but I have to do something. I dragged and dragged all day.

MJ: I think that's great that you went to the gym anyway. It's good to ignore that little voice that tells you not to go!!

Jab: I'm so with you on wanting winter to end!!!!!!! Come on, Spring!!

Lottie: Good job on the weight loss!

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
02-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Have a great healthy week! I'll check in if I can.

lottie63
02-10-2011, 06:24 PM
slashnl, jealous, I want to join a gym! Not until june though. booo! :(

mj5, jealous of you too!

jab, winter is awful. I'm hoping the groundhog was right!

beverlyjoy, enjoy disney!

I think I'll go nap. I wish I wouldn't, but I can't keep my head up at this point. AUGH.

mj5
02-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone! TGIF!!!!!!!!!! I am on call this weekend, but hopefully that won't ruin the weekend.......

Beverlyjoy--Have a fantastic time!!! I know you will!

lottie--I hope doing well today. If you need a nap, well, then you need a nap. I have learned to love my Sunday afternoon nap/snuggle time with our dogs.

I saw my new podiatrist today. He is hilarious! I really like him. My hubby saw him last year, so I requested him when I called to make the appt. I basically have a pinched nerve in my foot (same as what I had in my other foot a few years ago when I saw HOTTIE foot doctor). Since it isn't as bad as before (not a lot of pain yet), we are trying some conservative measures first...this weird pad/wrap thing, ibuprofen, heat, and foot massages---he told me that I needed to make sure hubby rubbed my feet for me. I laughed at that...so he wrote a "note" to my hubby on a prescription pad...it is too cute. Guess I am getting feet massages for Valentines Day! LOL!!!! I have to go back in 2 weeks and if it's getting better, great. We keep doing when we are doing. If not, then he will do some injections.

I can't wait for work to be over....I want to go to the outlet mall!!!! Right now the sun is shining and it is freezing cold, but still....it's the sun! By the time I get there, it will be dark and cold. Oh well, shopping is shopping :)

Have a great day!

Slashnl
02-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi all. Body Pump this morning. Lots of lunges and squats, so my legs and butt are tired. I even had shaking legs by the end of the lunges. Ugh. But, I'm sure it is helping.

It is supposed to be a lot warmer today. Yay! We need to get out of the deep freeze. Just give us hope that spring will come.

MJ: Glad you were able to go to the foot doctor! Hopefully the conservative approach will work.

Lottie: I feel for you with your sleep issues. That makes it such a struggle!

Beverly: Have fun!

Have a good weekend everyone!

mj5
02-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi! Hope everyone is doing well.

Diane--I know what you mean about an instructor pushing you...that's why I LOVE going to the Sat zumba class...she is tough, but it's an awesome workout. How are your legs feeling today? I have a feeling mine will be shaking away in a few hours....we do this lunge/squat thing at the END of zumba...YIKES!!! It's all good though, I can already feel the difference...my legs are getting stronger.

I have heard from my brother, it had been several days, so I was concerned. He is safe, but some scary stuff going on (he's the one in Afghanistan). Today I am picking up my sil's Valentine's Day present for him. He called me last week and asked if I would, well of course!!!!

No major plans for today...zumba, some errands, I am trying a new recipe tonight--a mushroom stroganoff--hubby found the recipe and really wanted to try it. I was surprised, but it sounds good so why not?! Besides, it has wine in it, so it can't be too bad ;) :0)

Have a great day!

BigBlueStar
02-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Hello ladies, would love to join you guys. Been following this thread for a little while but didn't want to intrude :)

Did a new dance DVD yesterday and followed it with a long walk to celebrate our first BEAUTIFUL day in months (30 whole degrees, break out the flipflops!). I can feel the burn in my legs today, which is actually a nice reminder that I got off my bum and DID something yesterday!

Today I'm doing a 12 hr shift, lots of sitting but I plan using downtime to check out SparkPeople and LivStrong cal counters, thinking about switching over from FitDay.

Today will total at 1,568 (I have been loosing well staying anywhere between 1300-1700 for 5 1/2 weeks but its probably time to buckle down and pick my sweet spot). I am proud tho that I had my entire day portioned out, packaged and cals tallied by the time I got to work this morning :)

Happy to hear all the love for Zumba! Friend got the DVDs and we are going to do it together, then might treat myself to a class. She says its ah-may-zing too!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

lottie63
02-12-2011, 12:55 PM
mj5, I so wish it were so easy. If I nap I don't sleep at night. It's such a pain. I didn't nap yesterday, and I slept EIGHTH OURS last night! It was GLORIOUS. :D it's been sooooooo long, I normally sleep 7 on a good night, and 8 hours without ANY sleeping pills hasn't happened in like, I dunno,6+ months?

maybe more?

Anyhow, I've lost 3 lbs this week. Woooo! Groceries are about to be delivered. I need to clean out the fridge. meh.

Anyhow, I have been exercising again, not last night though, needed sleep and was in pain.

So I've been pmsing for a week the last few months,and then I get my TOM which lasts about 9-14 days depending, and then I'm okay for one week, and then the PMS comes back and we're starting over.

I get SEVERE pms. like crying, suicidal, sometimes evil, pms.

Anyhow, I just realized today that my periods got irregular in september (normally get it once every 3 months with running my packs together. I started lyrica in august. A quick google search tells me many women get irregular periods on lyrica.

I'm so off this stuff.

I see my doc on the 24th. I have some 75 mg pills leftover from when I first started, I know to prevent rebound pain I need to go down slowly. I'm going to reduce from 300 to 275 until I see her on the 24th then we'll talk officially about how long it will take and how much I need to go down over the weeks. I just need to start the process cuz I know it'll take awhile and I am in misery.

jab91864
02-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey everybody, hope you're having a FaNtAsTiC Saturday !!!!!

For some reason I feel really good, upbeat too...lol, a little odd but hey I'm liking it :D

My food choices have been good, my calories are within my limits and the scale is creeping down slowly but surely so I have no complaints in that area.

I made my daughter's birthday cake last night, chocolate with my chocolate buttercream frosting. Decided not to do cupcakes because it would give me the excuse just to try one.... lol. Plan to send the cake home with her :p and not have any.
I do confess I did taste test the frosting while I was whipping it up last night to adjust the ingredients. I never measure I am an eyeballer in the kitchen so I taste test while I cook... always have.

I have dough rising in the kitchen to make her homemade pizza (my favorite). I am going to make myself something different and try to abstain. Her brother is going to be here and maybe her sister so either way the pizza will be gone when they leave...lol.

I have a turkey spinach meatloaf creation ( or maybe that is concoction) :dizzy: in the oven at the moment.

Lottie ~ I envy you sleeping 8 hours. I have the hardest time sleeping for a multitude of reasons, but congrats to you!!

BigBlueStar ~ Welcome to the thread !!!! I agree it's 28* here and feels like we're having a heat wave. My chickens are out sunning themselves :)

mj5~ mmmmm mushroom stroganoff sounds good. I am going to try my hand at making some mushroom ravioli tomorrow. I rarely make homemade pasta and with no meat I should be able to work it better into my food plan.

slashni ~ waka waka is a fun song !!!! I envy you enjoying your work outs!!

I hope everyone is blessed with a GREAT weekend!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

lottie63
02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Hello ladies, would love to join you guys. Been following this thread for a little while but didn't want to intrude :)

You're not intruding! This is my fave thread here, the more the merrier. :D

mj5
02-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Good Morning!!! Ahhhh, lazy Sunday! LOVE it! My legs, abs, and arms are sore....I just have done something right at zumba yesterday! LOL!!!

BigBlueStar--Welcome!!! I totally agree w/ lottie, the more the merrier! Great job yesterday. Oh my goodness...yea, try a zumba class!! I am going 2 times a week right now and hope to be able to increse it someday. I have a bad knee, so I have to work up to it.

lottie--gotcha. That has to be super frustrating! Hope you can get into a good pattern soon. Yikes, the pms sounds horrible too.....

jab--Happy belated bday to your daughter! How did you do w/ the pizza? Mmm, your meatloaf creation sounds yummy. the mushroom stroganoff was relaly good.

I have some homemade spaghetti sauce going in the crockpot. The laundry is almost done....and I am just chillin w/ the dogs.

upswife
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Good morning everyone!

Finally feeling better, saw the Doc on Wednesday and she put me on some antibiotics. Goal for this week mall walk Monday and friday and 30 day shred t-w-Th. Keep you fingers crossed my legs do not fall off.

Surprising loss this week...really thought I was going to gain since I have been eating badly all week. Must not have been eating as much as I thought...

Have a great OP day!

BigBlueStar
02-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a beautiful Valentine's Day (with or without a Valentine of your own) :)

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Lottie - niiiiiice going on the 8 hours, I have been having a horrible time sleeping lately. Easily fall asleep, but I'm wide awake 20 minutes later, then its all uphill. Hope TOM passes peacefully.

Jab - hope your great mood on Saturday carried through the weekend! Sounds like you had a great plan with the cake and pizza! That turkey spinach meatloaf sounded delish! I'm a rebel in the kitchen too, recipes are just recommendations right? LOL

mj - Lazy Sundays are my fav.O.Rite. simple pleasure in life!

Have an overwhelming week lined up, but thats OK it keeps one out of trouble eh? Lot of work here and there, dentist ap, house needs to be cleaned, dog to vet - yea - that one was my fault! Was trying to delay a grooming visit by snipping off some matts (poodle) and snipped her skin on accident. I will call Vet today and describe the wound, stitches? OH my poor little girl!! I feel soooo bad.

If a vet visit isn't needed I think I might drive to Grandma's town after work and bring her a valentine! I am kicking myself that I didn't get some Vday cards out to girlfriends and sister. next year? St. Pattys day? ;)

Stayed POP this weekend, under 1500 cals. easily which was nice! Still hovering in my upswing though. (immediately after every loss I swing back up a few lbs, work my way down ounce by ounce then *woosh* of loss again.....then swing back up and start the waiting game again. I have no idea what that means)

Today:
Work
Weekly Groceries
Vet or Grams
Home to clean
Pack food so I will stay OP for double shift tomorrow (OUCH!!! Will go right from one job to another from 6:30 AM Tues. to 1:30 AM Wed. Anyone wanna trade places? Just for Tuesday, I promise!) :dizzy:

Slashnl
02-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi all. I'm kind of crabby today, so I'm just doing a drive by post. Hope everyone has a great day. I'll work on mine.....

upswife
02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!

Went for my walk with my sister..DH was home today so I was able to leave dd3 at home...walk wnt very well without having to push a stroller. we did 3 rounds in 40 mins.

Took the car for new tires, went window shopping with dd 3 while dh was at the dentist, now back home for a little rest.

Have a great day!!

jab91864
02-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Morning all !!!! :)

mj5 ~ the pizza went well, it looked and smelled delish but I didn't have any. Packed it all up and sent it on it's way when everybody left for home. It was a proud moment since pizza is my absolute fav.

BigBlueStay ~ I worked third shift once, many many years ago. My youngest was in kindergarten (he's 18 now..lol) and I hated it. I never got caught up on rest so I moved felt like a slug all the time. Best of luck on the double shift!!!
The spinach turkey meatloaf turned out very well, and not dry. I should have written down what I was putting in it...lol.

slashni ~ hope you are feeling better today and not up for another "driveby" :D

I don't feel like going to work today but gotta get my butt in gear. I've had my tea already but the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet...lol. Yesterday was hectic.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day !!!:D

Food for yesterday was too low, cal total 814

light yogurt
coffee w/ sweetener

apple
banana
water

chicken breast meat
mushrooms
peas
water

mj5
02-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Good Morning!!!

BigBlueStar--I am so busy during the week these days, I have found that lazy Sundays are fantastic!

Diane--Hope you are having a better day today :)

upswife--Great walk!!!

jab--AWESOME!!!! pizza is my favorite too!

I had a great workout at the gym last night (legs/back weights) and some cardio. Tonight is cardio.

I almost forgot...I am down 1lb this week. Two more lbs to my massage!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!

Slashnl
02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok, I'm better. I went to the gym today for Spin class. Get this... the pedal on the bike broke. Ugh. The class was full, so I couldn't change to another bike. I've seen it happen to others, but this is the first bike I have broken. :) I just left the class and went out on a bike out in the cardio area. Not quite the same. Oh well.

MJ: Great news on the weight loss!

Jab: Hope the coffee helped today for you. That really is a low amount on your calories! Be careful! We don't want you to pass out!

upswife: Much harder to walk with a stroller! Glad you had a chance to go without it.

BigBlueStar: I didn't get a chance to say hi to you and welcome to the thread! I was being a crab yesterday.

lottie63
02-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Well the 8 hours of sleep I got was a total fluke.

Was up 24 as of last night/this morning, then slept 14 after taking some heavy hitters for sleep. Woke up around 10 pm, now will end up staying awake all night, going to work in the morning, getting home around 3, trying to stay awake another 24 hours total so I can fall asleep at a decent hour.

I'm pretty sure this is bipolar stuff happening. I see my shrink on thursday, am considering going back on meds.

Also, I've been evil, thought it was pms, TOM never came. I want to smash things on a daily basis. :(

Corporate is stopping in at work tomorrow. Wish me luck on keeping the crazy in check.

jab91864
02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
No amount of caffeine helped me yesterday, not sure why but today isn't as bad.

Yesterday's calories were high for me. Someone brought in candy and I had some which threw my intake off. Yesterday was just draining all the way around.

Total cal for yesterday... 1601

tea w/ sweetener
cheerios
skim milk

banana
triscuits
2 mushroom raviolis (leftover)
water

chocolate :( ( I knew it was wrong )

leftover turkey meatloaf
lite bread
sf pudding cup
water

I've had some coffee gotta get ready for work. We had freezing drizzle last night late so there is a really not so kewl layer of ice on everything, going to leave early and let the car creep to work.

Lottie ~ good luck at work, hope you feel better about stuff in general soon.

slashni ~ I was surprised at my intake that day, just didn't get around to planning better. Too low is as bad as too high...lol, it's the middle road thats hard to find :) I can see ya peddlin like a mad women till the wheel spins loose too, you better be careful...lol

mj5~ woohoo congrats on the weight loss. :carrot: A massage sounds GREAT. I really need to work on small goals , the big picture seems so far off and frustrating.

Have a GREAT day !!!

willowgirl
02-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Jab: I feel ya - Im very tired of people bringing treats to work :)

Did pretty good yesterday:

B: Reduced Sugar Oatmeal - 3pts
S: Oats & Caramel bar - 4pts
L: 2 cups homemade veggie soup - 7 pts
S: .... <crickets>
D: Philly Chicken Cheese Steaks (http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/prt/recipe.aspx?Type=1&RecipeID=56191) 8 pts
Mac & Cheese & Broccoli (Green giant broccoli and cheese with a little macaroni mixed in) 4 pts
2 Amstel lights - 7pts

mj5
02-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone! I had a good chat w/ my wellness coach last night.....we talked about how easy it is for old habits (thinking about ditching workouts, specifically) to SO quickly resurface. Luckily, I have been able to work around those silly thoughts, but he suggested really focusing on remembering the positive reasons why I am doing all of this....he read me some of the info I told him when we started working together. It helped. I went to the gym (even though it was super late) and did my whole planned workout.

Diane--YEA for being better! Ugh, that stinks about the bike at spin class....at least you didn't just give up and go home!!!

lottie--BIG hugs!!! I hope you can get some relief soon. Good luck w/ Corporate. I'm sure you will do awesome!!!!

jab--Ok so an icky day yesterday...today is a new day!!! I can't wait for my massage!!! I've never had one before. I agree, the big picture (at least for me) is soooooo far away, so setting small goals w/ rewards along the way is what is keeping me going. I am hoping by next week to be able to make that call to set up my appt!!!!

willowgirl--awesome!!!

I have my healthy lunch packed, hubby is making dinner for us (I am VERY excited about that...he is roasting a turkey....YUM!). I am going to the gym--arms/shoulders weights and some cardio. I need to make sure I drink water today. Didn't do so great w/ that yesterday.

lottie63
02-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Today is super annoying. corporate visit was fine. girl working 4-7 called off, so I had to leave work, pay for the bus back home, eat lunch, chill out for a bit then go back after having only been there for 1.5 hours, then go back and close with the 4-7 shift.

All this on 1.5 hours sleep. Awesome times.

tomorrow i have to work 10-1230, leave for a 1 o'clock appt, be back around 130 and work till 5. auuuugh. stupid.

Slashnl
02-16-2011, 06:21 PM
work..... sux

jab91864
02-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Well like some dork I got up this morning and hustled around doing my usual and getting ready for work only to realize hey I'm working different hours today so I will be going in later than norm... :p

Yesterday's food was good, total cal...1259

coffee w/sweetener
dry light toast
drizzle of honey

apple
banana
triscuits
water

arnolds mg thin
lite cream cheese
pizza sauce
water

tuna
light mayo
triscuits
water

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! :D

mj5
02-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Good Morning! Zumba tonight and I am VERY excited! I just received a text from a friend who is planning on meeting me there. EXTRA excited about that!

I agree....work sux!!! The other manager I work with is officially out on maternity leave...it's only been three days and I want her to come back already!!!!! It's gonna be a loooooooooooong 8 weeks! LOL!!! It is wrong that I have her "tentative expected back to work date" marked in my calendar already???? I gave our staff a big pep talk yesterday....and yep, TWO of them called in sick today. Super.

I didn't lift weights last night. BUT, I did do 30 mins of good, intense cardio. I was feeling wicked stressed (stupid work stuff) and actually feel super relaxed by the time I was done, so I think it was a good choice. Zumba tonight and gym tomorrow (I'll do the weight routine that I didn't do last night).

I was lucky enough to go home to a wonderful roasted turkey dinner, compliments of my hubby. It was SO good!!!!

Beverlyjoy
02-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Hi chicks! Disney was wonderful. It truly is magical. I loved spending time with my son, dil, and grandson (plus other family members). I rented a scooter and was able to participate in everything that I wanted to do.

I ate oatmeal and fruit everyday for breakfast. I had some desserts and tried to make some good choices.

It feels good to be back in my 'food comfort zone.'. It's back to reality now.

mj5
02-18-2011, 10:22 AM
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Sounsd like you had a fantastic time!

Zumba was great last night. My friend met me there and had so much fun she is going to start meeting me on Saturdays.

I am going to the gym tonight and then scoot over the outlet mall. I need to return something and then home to relax a bit. No big plans this weekend...Zumba tomorrow, I really need to go through my closet so hopefully I will be in the mood to do that tomorrow.

jab91864
02-19-2011, 07:12 PM
mj5~ that is great your friend is going to be joining you for Zumba. That will only increase your fun!!!

Beverlyjoy ~ sounds like you did really well on your trip, glad you had fun!!

My foods for yesterday were good

Total cal.... 1390

coffee w/sweetener
lite yogurt

almonds
pretzels
mini rice cakes
mg cheerios ((all mixed together like snack mix))
banana
water

boiled shrimp
lite bread
pizza sauce
cottage cheese
water

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend !!

jab91864
02-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Morning everyone :D

Yesterday's food went out of whack, still stayed within my calories but didn't plan. I had so many errands that I didn't stop to eat anything until mid afternoon then more or less snacked my dinner.

Calorie total for yesterday ... 1401

coffee w/ sweetener

tuna
lite bread
lite mayo
water

rice cakes (mini)
prunes
water

totino's pizza rolls
water

triscuits
water

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend !!

mj5
02-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone! Zumba was awesome yesterday. My friend wanted to go again today, but my knee is a little sore, so I told her I better not. I will hopefully be able to go w/ her next Sunday (I'll still go Sat....it's a different instructor on Sunday)

AND the best news is....I lost 2lbs this week!!!! YIPPEE!!!! I am calling tomorrow to set up my appt for my massage!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now to come up w/ a reward for my next 10lb goal..........

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Beverlyjoy
02-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi chicks....Yesterday was mostly healthy. DH brought home candy from the grocery store. I had some licorice in the evening - which lead to other nibbles. I need to get ‘my mind right’. I am home - this should be my food comfort zone. His potato chips and candy are going in his car!

Some credits for yesterday - planned/measured/logged, left a bite, lots of water, exercise, ate healthfully until the licorice/nibbles in the evening.

Monday morning I have an endoscopy. Lots of stomach aches the last few months. I think it’s stress. It hasn’t totally slowed down my extra eating like I would like it to do. I need to be able to take four medications (percoset, lyrica, celebrex, and an antibiotic) for some weeks after my foot/ankle surgery and I am not sure my stomach can do it. Getting it checked out. I have to start thinking of all this health stuff again. I couldn’t think about it for a long time - but, now I am getting more ready and willing to do it again. I keep wondering if all these delays are ‘a sign’ to change something… doctor, procedure, another opinion?? - and I don’t know what else. But, I do know that I want my ‘life’ back.

MJ - YAY on your two pounds!! One of my goals is to someday be able to do Zumba.

Jab - glad you stayed in your calorie range even though your plan changed. Carry on.

Hi Slash, Lottie and everyone else.

upswife
02-20-2011, 09:04 PM
evening everyone!!

Day so far has gone well, but I am still at work..Think I am having lasagna for dinner (mom made for SIL's b-day) Hope there is some salad left to go with it!!

Food for today Ceral bar
small apple

Prob 2 servings pita chips

Healthy Choice sweet and spicy orange chicken

2 cups coffee with creamer and 24 oz water

Hope everyone startes their week on plan!!!

lottie63
02-21-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm really behind, this is long and ranty, no need to read it but had to get things out.

So, as I think I posted in the accountability thread last week I was having some issues getting my bipolar stuff under control, I'm not medicated currently, haven't been since May.

All sorts of things I do to keep myself stable were a mess. So I was of course getting unstable.

So I wasn't sleeping, which was causing my fibromyalgia to flare, then one day I literally got 1.5 hours sleep then had to work a long day at work. I ended up sleeping 14 hours that night, then was sick the next day. I'd wake up for one hour, then sleep for three, off and on all day and night into the next day

. Stomach issues abound with the lyrica too, I'm going off it (slowly) when I see my doc on thursday.

I also had a tooth infection which gave me cold sweats, felt like I'd faint, dizzy, nauseous, confused...I was a mess. Then the bump on my gum where my broken wisdom tooth is broke and I felt tons better just about immediately.

I think my sleep will be better by tuesday. It's getting there.

ANYHOW, through all this, I managed to not gain. My weight is bouncing within' two lbs all week but the lyrica made me severely constipated and I wasn't drinking and got bloated.

When I get a bit manic or depressed, I notice my satiety signals basically turn off. Which was weird they had been working so well before. :( But I think in a day or two things will be back to normal. My mood is far better, my eating is back on track, not that it was 'off' but it wasn't what I'd have liked it to be.

Anyhow, long story short, feeling better. ha. SO glad this whole thing didn't entirely derail me. My bf put a post it on the scale that said, "Don't give up!" hehe :D

mj5
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--I hope you get some answers. I hope you can do Zumba, too! It is SO much fun, really doesn't feel like a workout!

upswife--Mmm, lasagna!

lottie--Glad you are feeling better! Your bf is a total sweetie, but you already know that ;)!!!!

Hi to everyone else who stops by.

I have been wanting chinese food REALLY bad the past couple of weekends (we used to get take out almost every weekend)....BUT I don't want the fat, calories, and sodium....SO last night I went online and found some healthy versions of sesame chicken and lo mein, which is what I usually order. I am really excited to try them out this coming Saturday night.

I have a podiatrist appt on Friday morning and I am taking the WHOLE day off. I am very excited. Ok, maybe not so excited about the idea of potential cortisone injections in my foot, BUT having a WHOLE friday off......ahhhhh!!! I am going to do a little retail therapy this weekend and cleaning out my closet...I have some clothes that are just too big to wear, so they must go!

My workout for today is arms/shoulders weights and some cardio.

Slashnl
02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone. Last week was just crazy and I can't say that I handled it all that well. My husband was gone, so I had to feed our cows/horses/chickens/ducks/geese in the morning, so I wasn't able to make it to the gym except for one day. So, that's in the past and I'm moving on to this week. I'm going to do much better. I went to Body Pump this morning, and it just about killed me, but I made it through. Spin tomorrow. That should kill me too. Ha!

My weight is not going down at all, so I'm going to really focus on my food and recording everything. I know my working out has been good (except for last week), so I need to do a recommit. So often I spend so much time dealing with my teenagers and their needs (sports, school, plays, etc) that I forget that I need to remain focused and pay attention to my food choices and portions. So, I'm making a note in my signature to remind me to refocus.

Onward!!

Jab: Even with a crazy weekend, it seems like you are doing well staying within calorie range.

MJ: Yay for you and your 2 lb loss! Enjoy your massage and enjoy getting rid of the clothes that are just too big!! How cool is that??!

Beverly: Aw, sorry about the stomach aches. That’s not good. You might be wise to check with another doctor. It wouldn’t hurt!

Upswife: Yum, lasagna. I would have trouble being sensible with lasagna. Ha!

Lottie: How sweet of your bf to put the note on your scale. That’s cute.

Have a great week everyone!

mj5
02-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi again! Getting ready to head to the gym, but I just called and scheduled my massage!!!! I am getting it done on Sunday at 11:30am. I was going to go to zumba on Sunday...but well, I may start next Sunday instead!

Diane--Oh my...I didn't realize you had so many animals. I am sure you got a bit of a workout feeding everyone! Yep, time to focus on you a bit. I can't even imagine how hard it must be w/ work, the animals, and family, but I know you can do it! Good for you for getting to the gym today. For me, it doesn't all work unless I am paying attention to both...workouts AND my food. If one starts falling short, then I don't lose a thing.

Have a great evening!

lottie63
02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
mj5, SO JEALOUS! I was wishing I could get a massage today. :( My pain is pretty unbearable. :(

There is a place near me that does massage and they have TWO girls who do swedish on fibro clients. *Sigh* I can always dream ;)

Also, I posted pics in the progress pics thread up in the sticky! Page 14. (was last page when I posted, who knows though)

Beverlyjoy
02-22-2011, 06:49 AM
My endoscopy went well... it didn't hurt at all. Doctor said that my esophagus, stomach and small intestine look healthy. He feels that my chronic stomach aches have alot to do with the stress in my life the past six months or so. He recommended that I stop stop taking all my OTC supplements recommended by my family doctor for now. (fish oil, aspsirin, glusosimine& condtroiton, multiple vitamins, calcium plus D, & iron) He felt my stomach would calm down and I should be able to tolerate the meds for my surgery. He said that the drugs I need to take after the surgery are 'quite a cocktail of medications'. (percocet, lyrica, celebrex, antibiotic). Good to have a plan.

I am starting to have the willingness to even think about my surgery again. This I couldn't do for a while after the last delay with my stomach/intesinal flu

I will make healthy plans for the day - food and movement and life.

Lottie - sorry to hear your fibro is acting up again. Sending you a vitual massage, friend.

Mj - I am glad you are 'on a roll' with your food and healthy living plan.

slash - that's alot of animals to take care of... it counts as exercise. Yes - make yourself a priority too along with the kids.

upsmom - good to be thinking about how to manage the birthday dinner.

Have a great day.

jab91864
02-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Morning all.... It's going to be a quickie post today, already behind for my day.

The scale moved down 3 lbs :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Yesterday's foods cal total...1349

light yogurt
banana
water

prunes
water

snack mix of almonds, special k crackers, triscuits
water

stuffed portabella (canned chicken breast, dried cranberries, bac bits, lite mayo, laughing cow cheese, spices)
asparagus
water

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

mj5
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone! My arms are SO sore today!!!! Yep, that means I did my planned workout (arms/shoulders) and I am feeling it! LOL!!!

lottie--I wish you could get a massage too! I have never had one before...I am super excited!

Beverlyjoy--Great news about your endoscopy. It is good to have a plan. Thanks. This is the first time in a long time that I have had such a long period of success. Doing things differently this time around really seems to be paying off.

jab--AWESOME!!!!!!!!! 3lbs is amazing!!! Great job!

Plan for today is legs/back weights and cardio.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had a drs appt (just a check up) and he is thrilled w/ my weight loss and everything I am doing.

I need to make sure I drink water today. I got busy yesterday and kinda forgot.....

lottie63
02-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Okay, absolutely EXHAUSTED> Would love to sleep the whole night through and for 7+ hours. AUGH.

Had 4 doc appts today. was supposed to be three, but the lady interviewing me for the bipolar study I'm doing was like, "I think yer nuts, let's go see the pdoc." Okay...maybe not those words exactly ;)

He gave me a lower dose of the abilify so instead of 30 I'm gonna take 10. Maybe that will make me feel less like the walking dead than the 30 mgs did.

AUUUUGH. Everything is so complicated.

lottie63
02-23-2011, 07:18 AM
I slept from 930 p.m to about 33 a.m. I'll either nap before 9 a.m or I'll try deserpately to NOT nap later in the day and go to bed by 11. (no earlier, no later.)

I have stuff to do today. I have to write 27k words in the next 5 days. lol. I've really set myself up for failure here, but I'm going to do what I can. Stupid book. :(

So the 10 mgs hasn't had a negative impact on my mood, I'm not a zombie,so tha'ts good. :) I feel way less exhausted today, my fibro is better, I'm hoping for a productive two days off. Need to write like a mad woman, need to CLEAN, eat some healhty stuff and exercise. My eating has been pretty on target but also completely not what I want to be eating. I have been too tired to cook awesome food.

mj5
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone!

lottie--ok, so sounds like a step in the right direction? Fingers crossed for you!!! Enjoy your days off!

I have a super busy day....MUST finish Annual Report today. Training new staff, Staff meeting, oh yea and try to fit in "regular" work....I am getting a mani/pedi tonight after work. Ahhhh, gotta take care of MJ!!!

Beverlyjoy
02-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi chicks - here's hoping, wherever you are, is having better weather than we've had this winter. It's cold where I love - yet, only an inch of snow on the ground. YAY

Yesterday my sister had major back surgery. It was 8 hours, five fusions and 5 or 10 medal rods. Yikes. I am hoping this will fix all the problems she's had the past few years.

I got on the scale today and saw that number was up. I am not surprised. Vacation was conscious eating - but, not so low calorie. So I will move forward doing what I know works the best. Dr. Beck's principles are good for me. I will carry on. I have my journal, book etc ready. I am planning my day.

I was thinking about how I really wish I didn't have to face this daily 'struggle' of making all the healthy plans and everything it takes to live in a sane manner with food. It's these things for the rest of my life. It's a daunting thought. However - not being aware is so unhealthy for me. I have always been 'on' or 'off' with little in between. Almost anything that ails me is a result directly or indirectly with food. But - if I were a diabetic I would have to monitor my daily blodd sugar. So.... I need to get out of my pitty party and do what I need to do.

I am still 25 pounds less than I was at this time last year. I am grateful for that.

lottie63
02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
I took a nap from about 6 am to 8.30 am so I think I'm good for the day and hopefully won't feel like absolute ****. ha.

I've been tweaking my blog today. :D

I think it's pertier now. ha. Link below!

lottie63
02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Soooo, I ended up doing a blog for a review of the heavy with ashley and sharon. I am just getting caught up on episodes! Watched the kevin one last night, I think I have one more?)

Anyhow, check it out if any of you would like.

Also, I slept for 6.5 hours last night! I only require 7, so i'm getting there. :) I kept waking up to pee which was super annoying. I stopped drinking at 1030 I think? Went to bed at 2. Maybe I will try and get most of my water in by 930 for now on.

My pain is a lot better. I see my pain doc today to discuss going off the lyrica.

I've reduced my dose by 25 mgs already though and my stomach troubles seem to be getting better. Although my TOM is still very irregular. See my gyne on the 3rd, hopefully it will be over by then. Augh.

mj5
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone! I am swamped at work, so just a qickie post from me.

Hope you are all doing well!

lottie63
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Heya mj5, hope you enjoyed that mani-pedi. ;)

I have gross psoriasis on my feet so none of that for me. I use psoriasin ointment on them though and it works SO good! LOVE IT! My feet haven't been this normal in years. ha.

I still have to smooth them over once a week to get any excess skin but it's barely at all now. woot.

It's my TOM and I'm still at 250. I was 253 the other day from bloating but it seems to be going away. felt a bit puffy in the morning. I just want this ONE stupid lb to go away. ha.

I had a GREAT pain doc appt! She's officially taking me off the lyrica! yay. She's not very pro med anyhow.

She was concerned that it's been so bad i couldn't exercise cuz I was doing really well. So, she wrote me an Rx for one on one physical therapy/massage and also, for warm water therapy/aerobics. She said insurance should cover it as it's medically necessary, but I'll call tomorrow or monday to find out. 3 x's a week for 6 weeks! HEAVENLY!

She said that should help me exercise. Spot ON! :D

There weren't many people in the office today, she took more time with me. I was glad.

She said to give the progesterone cream a shot, and to talk to my gyne about a bc that slowly decreases hormones instead of abruptly stopping them, that it might help my flares.

I feel like **** today. My back is killing me. :( Once the UPS man comes I'm hopping in a hot shower!

mj5
02-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Good Morning! Zumba was amazing last night! We did this Irish Step Dance Song (one she does in her regular class), I LOVE this routine!!! Really gets you moving!!! The instructor danced w/ me (she does that when she knows someone really knows the routine) AND I kept up w/ her the whole time. I was totally out of breath and sweating up a storm at the end, but it was AWESOME!!!!

Beverlyjoy--I agree...I wish this didn't have to be such a "daily" thing, BUT I know for me, if I don't think about it daily...well, I slowly stop doing what I know is good for me. It doesn't make sense, but it happens. We can all do it!

Lottie--I need to check out your new blog! I keep getting email updates about it, but I just haven't had a chance to check ou the updates. Hope your sleep and pain continue to improve!! Yes, the mani padi was wonderful! FANTASTIC news about your drs appt!!!

Diane--how are you doing?

Hi to everyone else who stops by!

I am heading back to the podiatrist this morning. Then I have the rest of the day off!!! YIPPEE!!! Of course we are due for another snow storm, so I probably won't do much today, but hey...it's still a day off! LOL!

lottie63
02-25-2011, 06:25 PM
beverylyjoy - I feel ya on the 'on or off' thing. Yeah, it's just one of those things, it's got to be...just...forever. DUN DUN DUN! ;) It'll be okay.

mj5 - yes plz check out my blog! I am having a good time with it. Getting a lot of positive feedback too. I feel like other people are so right there with me, it helps on the difficult days.

Anyhow, today I feel good. first day I feel like the abilify is kicking in. I feel quiet in my head for the first time in quite awhile. Pain is bad, but I'm in a positive headspace so I'm thinking tomorrow once I rest I will exercise. We got our xbox back so I can kinect again. Just do something light.

I got paid today, we made 5% commission on my great week but the new payroll company we use keeps messing things up. They only gave us 3% commission so now we're going to be overnighted checks for monday. AUGH. Annoying. They do this ALL THE TIME. I don't even think my manager got hours/commision at all, only his bonus. wtf.

Btw, I hit 249 today. :D *points to ticker* I feel re-energized about this now, I was scared cuz I always get stuck before the 240's and then regain.

OH, btw! I hit 249 today... ;) Did I mention that? haha.

jab91864
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
It's been an odd week and I'm just floating through to give a shout out :D

Food and calories have been good, just behind on my to do list so not much online time right now.

Will try to check back in before the weekend is out.

Have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5
02-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend.

lottie--YEA for hitting 249!!!! Here's to continuing to feel good!

jab--Hi! Hope things settle down soon!

Ok, so my podiatrist appt went well, I am supposed to try some orthotics and see what happens. Wish me luck! Then I met my mom at the outlet mall....we ended up eating lunch at Burger King. I don't even know why...I don't like fast food. I didn't eat much breakfast before I left for my appt and didn't have a plan for lunch, so lack of planning was a problem. But fast food? Really?! I never even really liked fast food....The good news is, I stayed within in my calorie goal for the day, but I felt SO sick. Lesson learned.

Zumba today was awesome! Tonight I am making some healthy versions of our favorite chinese takeout foods. I'm really excited about that!

Have a great evening everyone!

lottie63
02-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Wow I felt great today, even got LOTS of walking in with no problems! I think maybe the super bad pain the last few days was from a combo of lack of sleep/bad weather/coming off lyrica.

Got sleep a few nights, weather was great today and I'm adjusting to the lower dose.

Also, we got a new camera!:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180509_113490878728249_100002020117304_101170_5472 344_n.jpg?dl=1

I got it mainly so I could take nice food pics for my blog. :)

jab91864
02-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I've gotten a lot on my "to-do" list done, but feel like I have accomplished nothing ...lol. Guess that means the list is too long. Feeling super lazy today.

Food and calories were good yesterday

Total cal...1179

almonds
fresh pineapple
coffee w/sweetener

homemade turkey pot pie w/thin cornbread topping. I put lots of veggies in it :D !!
water

wg wrap
turkey breast meat
tomatoes
lite mayo
water

I made myself a dr appt for thursday... trying not to talk myself out of it. It's been almost 2 1/2 yrs since I was seen last and truthfully without health ins. I can't afford to go. But my precious hoarded supply of meds is about piddled out and I have to get a visit to get prescriptions if nothing else. I live with my heating pad hours each day and suck on my inhaler way too much, other than that I am feeling better about so many things...lol. :D

The scale moved another pound :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I've been thinking of a mini goal. I would like to be in onederland (199 or less :^: ) by May 1st. Not sure what my reward will be. I want new leathers (will have to have them as I slim down) but won't buy any until I am much much smaller.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day !!!

Lottie~ you are such a beautiful woman, GREAT pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5~ when I was out yesterday I was craving fast food...and even before dieting I rarely went to a fast food place. But I kept on driving and thankfully avoided temptation. Chinese sounds yummo!!

mj5
02-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone!

So my massage was fantastic!!!!! It was $50 for a full hour, I didn't think that was bad and quite honestly, the way I felt right afterward and still feel now....WELL worth it!!!! I came home and lounged a bit, then took the most restful nap ever. It was only for an hour, but I seriously feel like i slept for much longer.

lottie--SO glad you are feeling great! LOVE the blog!!! It is so pretty! And you are gorgeous!!! I also love your makeup..I am a total makeup junkie and your eyes are gorgeous!

jab--hope you were able to enjoy some lazy time today! Get yourself to the dr. Ok, you don't have health ins, but can you afford NOT to go? :) Awesome job resisting fast food. I think setting a mini goal is an awesome idea. Let us know what you come up with.

Hi to Beverlyjoy, Diane, and everyone else who stops by!

Oh, the chinese "at home" take out recipes were a huge hit! I actually like the lo mein even better than the take out version. I plan on making the sesame chicken and veggie lo mein again on Friday. Hubby is going out of town and normally I would get take out, instead of doing that, I am going to make my own. :)

mj5
02-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Good Morning! Well, it's morning at least....sometimes it just does not pay to take a day off......things at work are a mess. Oh well, deep breath and one thing at a time, right?!

I have my healthy lunch packed, I WILL drink lots of water today, and my workout will be: legs/back weights and cardio.

lottie63
02-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Woke up in a fabulous mood! Feeling great, eating breakfast and then heading to work. Hanging out with a friend later.

I have a poll on my blog if any of you are interested. It's asking about if you cook differently for you/your fam at dinner time.

Slashnl
02-28-2011, 01:52 PM
So, I know I have not been around lately. Last week kind of blew me away and I have had a lot of changes to my life. I went into work on Tuesday, just to be laid off. I knew that the company revenues weren't great, but I really didn't expect that. Especially since I had been there for 9 years. Amazing that there were people with less time there that remained. They eliminated my job, so that's why I was let go. Anyway... it probably is a good thing, overall, because I also know that I wasn't the first and I won't be the last.

The good news is that I made some phone calls, got an interview with another company, and had a job offer by Friday. I have so much experience, I was hoping that it would help. I go into today to finalize paperwork, and then I'm not sure if I'll start this week, or first thing next week. I'll find out.

Anyway, it was quite a week. I have never in my life been laid off or fired, so it was quite the experience. I'm so grateful that my unemployment is short because it wouldn't take long for it to be a big burden to our finances and I am sure my attitude would have been bad. I was already feeling pretty darned depressed.

So, I'll be back in touch more often now. I'll let you know how it all goes.

mj5
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi again!

lottie--that's awesome. I voted ;)

Diane--Oh my goodness!!! What a week! That's horrible that you were layed off, but fantastic that you found something so fast. Definitely keep us posted.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

lottie63
02-28-2011, 06:09 PM
slashnl, great you found work right off the bat! Being broke is hard... :(

ahhhhh I put too much pepper on my leftover curry and it was meh. :( booo.

I have a lot of writing to do today and need to exercise. Feeling good despite the bad weather.

jab91864
03-01-2011, 07:39 AM
mj5~ oooooo the massage sounds soooo relaxing, Congrats on your goal :) Any recipe tips on the homemade "take-out"

lottie~ I have always cooked different for the family than I do for myself when I am once again dieting. It makes me bitter after a while !!

slashni ~ Congrats on the new job. You are fortunate to have had a very quick turn around. The last two places I have worked for have closed, it really puts things in perspective. I now work for a company I would never have even applied at but am now grateful to have a job. But I really miss the old days.

Food for yesterday was good, total cal... 1129

baked cod
lite yogurt
water

prunes
water

banana
rice cakes (mini)
triscuits
water

mg cheerios
skim milk
water

Had a horrible headache yesterday...I think a combo of typical work day on a Monday and weather . Work later tonight so that won't help my mood for today...lol.

Have a GREAT day!!!

Slashnl
03-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the good words. It really took it out of me to be laid off. I realize that revenues were bad, but you always feel like you are such an important part of the company. It feels like you weren't appreciated at all when you're laid off. And I am so grateful to have a new place to work. I start on Thursday, so a couple of days to regroup.

I've been keeping up with exercise, so I'm glad for that. My mind has not been as focused as I would like, but I'll get that back. And, the weather is looking pretty good, so maybe walking at noon is back on! That might be a good way to lift the spirit!!!

Cannot believe it is March! I guess we need a new thread!