Chicks up for a Challenge - Just ONE Week! Challenge for all!

View Full Version : Just ONE Week! Challenge for all!

akacutie
01-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Howdy Ladies!!
I have joined a few challenges lately, but they are all weeks long! I need something short to have some success to build on.... I have been in quite a rut lately- So I am looking to do a Challenge for what I need just for one week!
Who's with me??:carrot:
It will run from 2/1/11 - 2/7/11

What you need to do to get in:
Set goals for yourself -don't forget to focus on eating/exercise and any additional as you see fit!

Check in with us during the week~ Daily if possible!
Those that accomplish all their goals for the week will be part of the winners circle!
I will post the winners in a final post to acknowledge our success!
SO If you are in go ahead and post your goals and a way to track them for the week!

Let's get started!! :devil:

akacutie
01-31-2011, 10:30 PM
My Goals:

Track food intake via Calorie Count between 1400-1600 Daily.
Working out at least 45 minutes daily: Cardio/weights/strech
Drink 50 oz water Daily

Keep Track!!
2.1.11: Food [:cool:] Water [:cool:] Workout [:cool:]
2.2.11: Food [:cool:] Water [:cool:] Workout [:o]
2.3.11: Food [:cool:] Water [:cool:] Workout [:cool:]
2.4.11: Food [:cool:] Water [:cool:] Workout [:o]
2.5.11: Food [:o] Water [:o] Workout [:cool:]
2.6.11: Food [:cool:] Water [:o] Workout [:cool:]
2.7.11: Food [] Water [] Workout []

amandaswan89
01-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Sounds good =) I'm in..

My goals, they're pretty similar.. but I guess everyone's on this site are haha
- Eat under 1,600 every day.
- 30 minutes of cardio each day.
- 20 minutes of stretching/weight lifting every day.
- Eat/drink my daily amount of fruit, veg, and water.

Where I'll keep track :)
2.1.11: 223lbs
Food [x] Water [x] Workout [x] :woohoo:
2.2.11:
Food [x] Water [x] Workout [x] :woohoo:
2.3.11:
Food [a little over] Water [x] Workout [x] :shrug:
2.4.11:
Food [x] Water [x] Workout [x]
2.5.11:
Food [x] Water [x] Rest Day [x] :woohoo:
2.6.11:
Food [x] Water [x] Workout [x]
2.7.11:
Food [] Water [] Workout []

JennieLovesKisses
02-01-2011, 12:18 AM
I'll join!

My Goals:
Eat between 1200-1500 calories everyday

Drink at least 64oz of water everyday
Stick to my workout routine: 6 days a week, Sunday = Rest Day

Completed=:yay: Almost=:headache: Missed=:sorry:
One Week Challenge!
2.1.11: 145.8lbs
Food [:yay:] Water [:headache:] Workout [:yay:]
2.2.11: Missed Weigh In
Food [:yay:] Water [:yay:] Workout [:yay:]
2.3.11: 145.0lbs
2.4.11:Missed Weigh In
2.5.11: 145.4lbs - TOM is coming so I expect to start seeing a gain these next few days for sure!
2.6.11: 144.0lbs
Food [:yay:] Water [:yay:]
2.7.11: 143.0lbs

Changergirl
02-01-2011, 02:22 AM
As someone brand new to this website this sounds like a great challenge to start things off. My goals for the week are similar to everyone else's. I want to keep my daily calories under 1500, take at least a 30 minute walk a day and 20 minutes of strengthening exercises.

2.1.11- 1292/40 min/20 min
2.2.11- 1346/30 min/70 min (60 shoveling)
2.3.11- 1257/40 min/20 min
2.4.11- 1365/60 min/20 min
2.5.11- 1419/35 min/25
2.6.11- 1375/60 min/0 min :(
2.7.11- 1632 :(/50 min/0 min :(- bad end to this challenge, woops

Hopefully this will be a great start to the month!

Nuclear Indeed
02-01-2011, 02:42 AM
My goal for this week to to eat nothing but fruits and veggies between meals. Been doing this since around saturday. Also, I want to ride at least 28 miles on my bike.

Let the challenge begin!

TIARA
02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
im in..
goals for the week..
1200 calories
1hour exercise for @ least 5 days
64oz H20
2.1.11:
Food Water Workout
2.2.11:
Food Water Workout
2.3.11:
Food Water Workout
2.4.11:
Food Water REST
2.5.11:
Food Water Workout
2.6.11:
Food Water REST
2.7.11:

CardboardCutoutCat
02-01-2011, 04:20 AM
No alcohol or carbs! Exercise every day! I'm in!

akacutie
02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
I am glad to see you all here! So I am just getting ready to eat breakfast! I want to get off to a great start to this challenge!

I just wanted to say Welcome to CardboardCutoutCat, TIARA, Nuclear Indeed, Changergirl, JennieLovesKisses, amandaswan89!

Let's all have an Awesome first day of the challenge!! :carrot::carrot:

I look forward to getting to know you ladies over the week! :cool:

mountain mama
02-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey all!

My goals:

-Guzzle water!
-Stay perfectly on plan food wise! Not one unhealthy thing will go into this mouth of mine!
-Exercise 6 out of 7 days this week starting today!

2.1.11:
Food [:)] Water [:)] Workout [:)]
2.2.11:
2.3.11:
2.4.11:
Food [:)] Water [:)] Workout [day off]
2.5.11:
2.6.11:
Food [] Water []
2.7.11:

akacutie thanks for posting a short challenge.. this oughta get the ball rolling for me!

Have a great one, everybody!

amandaswan89
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I would like to say thank you for posting this weekly challenge. It was a great idea, and I woke up this morning thinking about how its only 7 days so I have to stick to it, there is no excuse not too. Well there is a huge ice storm here, and were expecting up to 10-20 inches of snow on top of all that ice. and of coarse my work didnt shut down like everywhere else.

So i'm up, had breakfast and did my 40 minutes on the treadmill.. now its time for lunch, and im a little lost. I guess I'll stick to my usual, oatmeal and some grapes. I go to work at 2, and I work at a Italian restaurant.. so lets just hope I can stay motivated and not snack, sense I know we will be slow!

Good luck today, ladies :)

prepping
02-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi all! A week long challenge sounds great! I've joined a couple challenges that last for the whole month as well so can appreciate one that lasts 7 days to make sure I'm on track.

Goals:
- Track my calories online (approx 1350/day)
- Yoga on Monday
- Strength training 3x
- In bed by 11pm

All the best for a successful week!

mountain mama
02-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Jennie: I had to 'steal' your little chart from your post.. great way to keep track of everything! thanks a bunch!

amandaswan89
02-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Jennie: I had to 'steal' your little chart from your post.. great way to keep track of everything! thanks a bunch!

it really was a good way! i thought the same haha

Peaches5577
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Me too!!!
~Keep my Net Carbs under 20 every day
~Keep my calories under 1300 every day
~Drink at least 80 ounces of water a day

Spooky
02-01-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm in!

My goals this week are to:
Drink at least 60 oz of water daily
Track everything and stay within my WW points
Exercise EVERY DAY (started 30 day shred today!)

JennieLovesKisses
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Thats fine ladies, go right head! :) Good luck everyone!

akacutie
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Have any of you done the 30 day shred before?

I am just starting for the first time..... My abs hurt! LOL I still have to do 20 minutes of exercise to meet my goal for the day... Maybe stretching! LOL

I have to agree Jennie- Love the chart.. I'm going to steal it too! :)

I have been on track all day Ladies! (I want to impress you! :D)

Nuclear Indeed
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Ok, I just biked around 14 miles and I'm still staying true to my fruits and veggies. Gotta keep it up.

I am glad to see you all here! So I am just getting ready to eat breakfast! I want to get off to a great start to this challenge!

I just wanted to say Welcome to CardboardCutoutCat, TIARA, Nuclear Indeed, Changergirl, JennieLovesKisses, amandaswan89!

Let's all have an Awesome first day of the challenge!! :carrot::carrot:

I look forward to getting to know you ladies over the week! :cool:
Thank you. It's my pleasure to join in on this challenge. =)

NightAngel26
02-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Ok, so it's from the 1st on right? cool I'd like to join. I'm not really pulling an exercise quota right now, just trying to get my eating back under control....so....

I'm after under 1,800 cals a day, approx 40 oz water (or for me it's crystal light) and preferably 3 lbs down this week! :carrot:

JennieLovesKisses
02-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I did 2 months of 30day shred and then moved onto p90x. I am currently doing a combo of 30day shred (lvls 2-3only) and Jillians Yoga Meltdown - I started that on the 1st of Jan so Ive got another month or so to complete them both since I'm alternating days. The month of Jan I lost a total of 8lbs so its still working pretty well for me.

I've been doing well today, got in a 2hour walk and had a healthy lunch...still working on my water. >.<

akacutie
02-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah! Day 1 was a success!!

How did you ladies do? :)

amandaswan89
02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
good job!!

Success, here!:)

ma26
02-02-2011, 12:51 AM
This is great! Well I recently started a new eating plan and have decided to avoid the scale for 5 weeks. I have been plateued and seeig no movement has distressed me. I decided to go cold turkey and focus on eating right and excercise without using the scale for awhile. My Goals.
1. Run 15 miles this week
2. Eat on plan everyday
3. Do weight routine 4X this week
4. Don't step on the scale. Too late for thosnonbthe first.

Running (I'll add previous miles to daily miles and total reflects what I've run thus far for the week)
Weights (Number for each workout Goal to type a 4!)

2/1 Food{ :) } Run { 3 } Weights {1 }
2/2 Food{ } Run { } Weights { } scale { }
2/3 Food{ } Run { } Weights { } scale { }
2/4 Food{ } Run { } Weights { } scale { }
2/5 Food{ } Run { } Weights { } scale { }
2/6 Food{ } Run { } Weights { } scale { }
2/7 Food{ } Run { } Weights { } scale { }

akacutie
02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
JennieLovesKisses- I have P90X too, but haven't gotten the guts to start it yet.... LOL Besides 30 Day Shred- I have started doing two classes at my apartment complex with a personal trainer Power Core and Bootcamp! Ugh!! They are good, but My abs are killing me today.... LOL (these are free!! yeah!)

So I have really neglected toning, etc and have mostly done cardio during my weight loss... I am trying to be more rounded in my workouts.

Day 2 is snowy and off to a great start!
I am not sure I will leave the house though.... LOL

How are you ladies doing?

Changergirl
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Alright day one complete. Was about 200 calories under goal, did a nice 40 minute walk and just over 20 minutes of weights. I'm hoping today's walk won't be too difficult because of all this snow, but I figured shovelling will count as strength training for the day.

Also I'm thinking of starting the 30 day shred next week and hopefully once completing it moving on to the p90x.

mountain mama
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Day one was a success for me! and im so happy to see all you guys having success to report!

I must say that I am TERRIFIED of p90x! lol My plan is to start in on it after i finish the couch to 5k program. I hate having to take it easy. I hope the doctor clears me for working out asap! I will find out on the 8th.

I recently moved to arkansas.. and although im still adjusting.. i have to say that I'm happy imnot getting the snow some of you guys are getting. My family in canada is getting bombarded right now! Dads happy tho..he likes plowing with his four wheeler haha

have a great day guys! im off to work out!

amandaswan89
02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Good morning to far :) I woke up at 7 to shovel... for a hour... thats strength exercising.. right? well some of it anyway :) haha

But really, Ive already finished all my regular workouts for the day. Done extra stretching because ohh man I kicked my own *** working out yesterday haha

and already managed to have breakfast and luch without screwing up. Now lets just see if I can get through a 9 hour shift at a Italian restaurant without snacking on useless carbs.

Good luck today ladies.. and congrats to everyone whos already doing so good :)

prepping
02-02-2011, 06:58 PM
So far so good! Feeling like a superstar with how awesome I'm doing! LoL

Gotta cut it short, just wanted to pop in and say that everyone's doing great!!!

JennieLovesKisses
02-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I didn't weigh in today and probably wont tomorrow due to work. Today so far I've done great food and water wise, my workout isn't until later.

TIARA
02-03-2011, 05:18 AM
yesterday and today was awesome.. My body is in pain since ive been avoiding exercise of this volume for awhile but i know it will pay off. as for now icy hot is my best friend..lol

mountain mama
02-03-2011, 08:43 AM
I passed up a whole whack of temptations last nite. im proud of myself.. it was painfull.. but i did pass up the fancy cheeses and crackers.... and the peanut butter by the spoonfull! yay!
hope you guys have a great day 3!

amandaswan89
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
I passed up a whole whack of temptations last nite. im proud of myself.. it was painfull.. but i did pass up the fancy cheeses and crackers.... and the peanut butter by the spoonfull! yay!
hope you guys have a great day 3!

good job!! I know how hard that can be, for sure.
Im going up to see my sister at college today with my mom, and I'm sure they will decide on jack n the box. So I studied the nutrition guide and feel fully confident in choosing the grilled chicken salad with low fat balsamic vin. which is still under 300 calories, yess. Lets just hope I stick to that choice :)

Good luck today, everyone!

Changergirl
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Ahhhhhh, so I was successful yesterday but somehow since this week has started I've gained 2 pounds. I think I'm going to add an extra no checking the scale till Monday challenge. So frustrating.

NightAngel26
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Eh not behaving so well the last couple of days...gone over yesterday and not looking hot for today either. Gained 3lbs this week, hoping that's still tied to TOM which is now here but rather confused as it came, went and then came again in a period of days.

The water isin't going badly though....drank quite a bit....eh we'll see.

surrendertolis
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm a little late to join this one week challenge. Haha. I'll hop on and join next week's! :)

ma26
02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Good to hear everyones doing well! I'm doing great into day three without a hitch. :) I worked out yesterday but didn't run. Also did loft weights. But not the routine I want to do 4 times in the week. I didn't weigh On the scale though! And plan to hit the gym for my lifting circuit before i go to work.

mountain mama
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
ma26: what a great plan.. no scale checking for 5 weeks! I think i may jump on this train as well :) ( which wont be hard right now since i dont even own a scale! ) lol

amanda: good luck at jacks!

changegirl: i used to be so obsessed with the scale ( the first time i lost a lot of weight) i think this time around im gonna try to check only once a month or so.. join me!

Im doin good today.. feeling great! i forgot how pumped i feel when i work out and eat right. I have been making all kinds of new and old favorite super healthy recipes and my bf is eating them too! ( and liking them!)
I bought th ebiggest loser power walk dvd today and im liking it! biggest loser dvds are always a good time! and not just because of bob harper!

akacutie
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
TIARA- I know what you mean... I am not ever really sore from cardio, but this week I did a power core workout and OMG- My abs and legs are killing me... I am suppose to go to bootcamp tonight and I don't really want to but I think I will just do what I can! I didn't workout yesterday due to pain so today I should! :)

fauxtini WTG on passing up cheese and crackers! :) Love them!

amandaswan89 Did you get the salad? I hope you had a nice visit with your sister. :D

Changergirl- Keep it up and the scale WILL follow- Really the scale can be crazy at times. The better question- How do you feel? :)

NightAngel26- YOU CAN DO IT! There is more time to finish this week challenge strong- Start right now.... Need to let a few bad choices run your day or week for that matter-:devil:

Well as for me I did not make the greatest food choices so far today, but have tracked and plan to stay within my calorie range... Damn you Wendy's Drive through! I am still sore-very sore- from power core class on Tuesday but am going to hit the gym today for boot camp anyway- I will just do my best! :) I didn't get a smiley for working out yesterday because of my muscles... They were revolting- :( I want to get all all my smileys today!

Ladies! We are doing great for this week long challenge! :)

amandaswan89
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks I did have the salad and a nice visit with my sister, all though the only reason we went this week was because she hurt her thumb sledding and had to go get it xrayed.. its broken, which is a real bummer because she is in color gaurd and a huge part of there competition. But as bummed as she is, she is handling it well. So far today is a success, 30 day shred- day one, here i come haha

How'd boot camp go? I commend you for even attempting it, i duno if I would of had the will power haha.

Good luck on day 4 ladies!!

akacutie
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Amanda- Boot Camp was.....Hard!:drill: The good news is I made it! The bad news is my abs and legs were already painful, but are killing me again at the moment... I hope it will better next when I do them again! LOL :devil:

Spooky
02-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Glad that everyone is doing great!

I did day 3 of the 30 day shred today and my legs are super sore! I did have a piece of cake and a beer tonight but it is totally within my points (and I haven't touched my activity points) so I don't feel bad about it.

Hoping to see the scale move this week!

amandaswan89
02-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Glad that everyone is doing great!

I did day 3 of the 30 day shred today and my legs are super sore! I did have a piece of cake and a beer tonight but it is totally within my points (and I haven't touched my activity points) so I don't feel bad about it.

Hoping to see the scale move this week!

Oh man, I don't know how you got that far.. I did day one today then thought it would be smart to walk it out on the treadmill, got bored and started jogging.. ahaha ohh man Im going to pay come 7 AM for work tomorrow, but I just got to look at the future I guess :) But hey, I most likely wouldnt have bought it if I hadent asked you about it the other day.. so thanks!

JennieLovesKisses
02-04-2011, 01:51 AM
I weighed-in at 145.0 today, which I'm surprised about because TOM is right around the corner (when I usually see a gain). The past couple days have been crazy with work, barely been getting sleep and eating schedule feels thrown off, but other than that I've been doing alright! I still have my workout to do today - yay for yoga! lol

Changergirl
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Fauxtini- I think I'd get way too anxious weighing in once a month, I already am and it's only been a day! Good for you though, hopefully I can get to a normal once a week.

Akacutie- I am feeling great because in know I'm eating healthy and starting to exercise now. I just have to learn to ignore the scale a bit more.

JennieLovesKisses
02-06-2011, 02:57 AM
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing pretty good. I haven't worked out yet, but I plan to in like 15mins or so; YOGA! YAY!

mountain mama
02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
so i have to take it easy on the exercising... maybe it's TMI but i started bleeding a bit again yesterday (still healing from my c section) thats def a sign to chill out. Im sticking to my food and water and well im cleaning today.. that oughta count as a workout!

akacutie
02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello Ladies... :)

The weekend has been tough for me! I have gotten some of the goals every day but not all of them.... Ugh! :)

Anyone up for another weekly challenge? Tomorrow is our last day- Just a thought-

fauxtini- Are you bleeding from your incision site or vaginally? either way i wouldn't workout vigorously. I would speak to your doctor- to confirm it is ok to resume workouts... After C-section the recovery does take longer... It might be best to really focus in on food choices and water, etc at the moment.

JennieLovesKisses- How was yoga?? I have to say you ROCK!! Your stats are amazing.... How long has it take you to lose so far? :) :carrot:

I had a great workout today... I beat my record for running a mile today... I did it in 13:58 which was like 40 seconds faster that last week! I also jogged @ 4.5 mph for 20 minutes straight! That is huge because I normally go for 3-4 minutes at 4.5 then recover at 3.5 for 1-2 minutes and back up again for 45 minutes or so.... I was sweating my *** off..... It was GREAT!:devil: My husband went to buy some bubble bath for me and I plan to take a nice long soak in the tub this evening! :smug:

Changergirl
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Wow can't believe there's only one day left. I may actually succeed. Today was definitely the toughest so far but I've avoided the pizza, wings, and chips at our showgirl party. Hopefully my willpower lasts for the rest of the game.

JennieLovesKisses
02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree to take it easy fauxtini, like akacutie say's: Focus on food for now. Hope you feel better!

Yoga was great akacutie, I love it. I'm doing Jillian's Yoga Meltdown, which is a lot easier than P90X's yoga but its still just as fun! I start level 2 tomorrow actually! Thank you too! This March will mark two years since starting this journey. Congrats on beating your record thats awesome!

Changergirl - Great job on avoiding all those fattening foods! I also avoided pizza today lol and boy was that hard!

We should totally start another week challenge!

amandaswan89
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I can't believe tomorrow is the last day.. all you girls are amazing.

I vote yes on another weekly challenge!!

JennieLovesKisses
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I loved it, it definitely made the week go faster!

mountain mama
02-07-2011, 12:02 PM
akacutie: i was bleeding vaginally.. it's pretty much stopped now... but i am gonna focus on the food thang for now.

well i screwed up and binged last nite ( and i wasnt even watching the superbowl!) i ate a couple slices of pizza...

back to day 1!

prepping
02-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I would say that this past week has been a success for me too! I won't be checking my weight until the end of February, but I do feel that my clothes are just a tad bit looser.

I swear, I never thought I'd ever be a calorie counter, but it really does make you think before eating something! If nothing else, it's the fact that you have to remember what it is you're eating and how much of it so that you can plug it in later! The administrative effort is enough for me to pass up the little bites here and there. haha

I'm up for another week challenge!

NightAngel26
02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
well, it appears that one week challenges don't really work out for me because I don't check in that often and I have trouble sticking to things still. Sorry.... I think I didn't really make any of my goals more than 4 days out of the week.....eh.

Nuclear Indeed
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
I didn't keep up with the "only eat fruits/veggies" thing starting saturday. Ehh. Also, for the 28 miles on the bike thing, I made it up to 24. This week wasn't a success, bu not too much of a loss either. Scratch that, it was. I actually gained weight. =( Guess I REALLY have to stay on target, because once I stray a little, that's it.

surrendertolis
02-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Well, I guess this is a new week! :)

My goals this week are to drink at least 90 oz. of water every day, go to the gym at least 4 days, and to be under 210 lbs when I weigh in on Saturday morning.

amandaswan89
02-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Well, I feel like over all my week was a success. My biggest issue was staying true to my calories.. but the days I didnt make it I wasnt off by much. I hope we do another one, one because everyone here has been amazing. and two, I feel like this really helped me, as i hope it helped others.

So, if we do start another week my goals are, run/walk one hour a day, plus the 30 day shred, im on day 4 but would like to move on to level 2 before the end of the week. I want to continue under 1600 calories and still drink over 100oz of water each day.

Tuesday-
Water [x] Run/walk [X] 30 day shred [X] 1600 Calories [x] :)
Wednesday-
Water [x] Run/walk [x] 30 day shred [x] 1600 Calories [x] :)
Thursday-
Water [x] Run/walk [x] 30 day shred [x] 1600 Calories [x] :)
Friday-
Water [x] Run/walk [x] 30 day shred [DayOff] 1600 Calories [x] :)
Saturday-
Water [x] Run/walk [DayOff] 30 day shred [x] 1600 Calories [x] :)
Sunday-
Water [x] Run/walk [x] 30 day shred [DayOff] 1600 Calories [x] :)
Monday-
Water [] Run/walk [x] 30 day shred [x] 1600 Calories []

Good luck, ladies :)

JennieLovesKisses
02-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Week 2

My Goals:
Eat between 1200-1500 calories everyday

Drink at least 64oz of water everyday
Stick to my workout routine: 6 days a week, Sunday = Rest Day

Completed=:yay: Almost=:headache: Missed=:sorry:
One Week Challenge!
2.08.11: 143.0lbs
2.09.11: 142.8lbs
2.10.11: 142.8lbs
Food [:headache:] I stayed within my calorie range, but I didn't eat very good (Apple, Yogurt, Oatmeal...then I had some chili strew stuff and half a doughnut. Water [:yay:] Workout [:yay:]
2.11.11: missed weigh-in
Food [:sorry:] (This was a planned miss. My boyfriend and I have been wanting to make our spaghetti w/ Italian meatballs and today was that day!) Water [:yay:] Workout [:sorry:] Will be doubling up on workouts tomorrow!
2.12.11: 144.0lbs
Food [:headache:] (late-night snack got me!) Water [:yay:] Workout [:yay:]
2.13.11: 144.0lbs
Food [:yay:] Water [:yay:]
2.14.11: 144.0
Food [:headache:] (V-Day went to the movies and had a little bit of popcorn) Water [:yay:] Workout [:yay:]

akacutie
02-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! :)
Let's get week 2 started! :)

I have to study all week for my BIG nursing test which is on 2/14! I am very anxious and starting to freak out actually- It is a really hard test and all my classmates who have taken felt like they failed for certain- they didn't but it is the common reaction.... So I am planning this to be a difficult week and set my goals accordingly!:devil::devil::devil:

My Goals:
Food

Track all food eaten Everyday!(no calorie restriction)
2 Fruits Everyday!

Water

Drink 50 oz Water Everyday!
Tea/crystal light can count for half!

Exercise

Tuesday (Power Core)
Wednesday (30 minutes cardio)
Thursday (Boot Camp)
Friday (45 Minutes Cardio-15 Weight Lifting)
Saturday (45 Minutes Cardio, 15 Weight Lifting)
Sunday (Rest)

Completed=:cool: Almost=:p Missed=:o
One Week Challenge!
2.08.11: Food [:p] Water [:o] Workout [:cool:]
2.09.11: Food [] Water [] Workout []
2.10.11: Food [] Water [] Workout []
2.11.11: Food [] Water [] Workout []
2.12.11: Food [] Water [] Workout []
2.13.11: Food [] Water [] Workout []
2.14.11: Food [] Water []

akacutie
02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I hope everyone has a great week!! :)

Changergirl
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I ended last week on a bad note, hopefully these goals will last the week. I want to keep under 1500 calories, do C25K 5x, and no eating 3 hrs before bed. I'm also hoping to start the 30 day shred, but we'll see.

2.08.11:
Food [:)] C25K [:)] No Eating Late [:)]
2.09.11:
2.10.11:
2.11.11:
2.12.11:
Food [:(] C25K [] No Eating Late [:(]
2.13.11:
2.14.11:

katy trail
02-08-2011, 01:58 PM
i'll jump in.

my goal is to clean the house every day. my new house is huge. seriously, it takes minimum an hour to just vacumn. so cleaning it has been my workout so far. with some running up the stairs throughout the day. if my house is clean i will be fit.
unfortubately, starting to feel sick last couple days. me being sick means i want to eat all the time.

mountain mama
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
my goals this week!

eat proper portions and smart choices when eating out ( parents are visiting for a few weeeks.. so my plan will need a little tweeking!

prepping
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I think I'll stick with the same goals I had last week. They're new enough to me that I want to make sure I do them right. The most significant of the bunch is definately going to the gym. I've only started back in the last week but feel amazing and confident already! I actually look forward to when I go tonight! :D

Goals:
- Track my calories online (approx 1350/day)
- Yoga on Monday
- Strength training 3x
- In bed by 11pm

Good luck all! Looking forward to hearing how everyone is off to a good start!

Nuclear Indeed
02-09-2011, 01:39 AM
The best thing about weeks is that you get a new one every 7 days. :) For this week, I will:

-Exercise for AT LEAST 30 minutes every single day. I'll do it kicking and screaming if I have to. If I choose to walk instead of biking/running/etc, then I will have to do this for at least one hour.

-No microwavable popcorn. None. It's gotten me started on 3 binges over the weekend. If I want popcorn, I will have to use the air-popper.

I really hope I can make good progress, because for the february challenge, I wanted to be 170 by the end of the month. However, 3 pounds a week is rather unrealistic. I suppose we'll see what happens.

Nuclear Indeed
02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Before I went to bed yesterday, I got on the exercise bike for about an hour and 7 minutes. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do for exercise today, but we shall see. I'll edit this post later on after I get back from my class.

JennieLovesKisses
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
LONG day today...Haven't eaten till now, almost 5pm. Got off work and came home to my grandpa acting completely out of his mind. I moved to Washington 2 years ago to help my dad take care of my grandpa, anyways, dad had to take him to the hospital. Not sure whats going to happen, they may end up not letting him come home...we have been trying to keep him home for as long as we can (really against nursing homes). But its gotten to the point where he's not understanding us and barely recognizing us, this all starting a few days ago...I dono. We will see what happens.

katy trail
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
the last time i did any significant cleaning was mon. morning. from that afternoon on i hardly got anything done - around the house, or anything besides caring for myself and kids. most of the time, not even keeping up with the dishes or sweeping. vowing today will be different!

jennie, so sorry to hear about your grandpa. my grandma has alhimerz (sp) too. i haven't seen her in a long time. she still lives at home with my grandpa. she sounds normal when i talk too her on the phone. but someday i'll be in your shoes.

glad to hear most of us are doing well. keep checking in, and keep trying!

amandaswan89
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Jennie, I hope everything turns out ok!

katy trail
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
going great today! feel like i'm getting alot accomplished- did some baking, made dinner, and laundry in progress (it really never ends). and i'm finally feeling much better. at this moment anyway, i don't feel sick. so feeling like it's going great. lots of cleaning and stair running to do. all this week, just walking up the stairs makes my chest hurt. but today maybe i can handle it.

surrendertolis
02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm doing good with drinking plenty of water and I've gone to gym 4 days this week (I'm also planning on going tomorrow morning). My goal was to be under 210 lbs tomorrow morning and I'm getting nervous about my weigh in. I did pretty good this week, but there was one day where I had a little too much pasta. I couldn't help it! I was craving something fierce and I guess since TOM is coming up, my body was just begging for extra calories lol. It was the Dreamfields low-carb brand of pasta, so I hope it didn't do too much damage.

surrendertolis
02-11-2011, 08:04 PM
LONG day today...Haven't eaten till now, almost 5pm. Got off work and came home to my grandpa acting completely out of his mind. I moved to Washington 2 years ago to help my dad take care of my grandpa, anyways, dad had to take him to the hospital. Not sure whats going to happen, they may end up not letting him come home...we have been trying to keep him home for as long as we can (really against nursing homes). But its gotten to the point where he's not understanding us and barely recognizing us, this all starting a few days ago...I dono. We will see what happens.

My grandma had Alzheimers. We kept her at home for as long as possible, but it got to the point where she needed 24/7 supervision and both my parents worked full-time. Eventually she went into a nursing home and they were very good to her there. It got to the point where she didn't know who we were anymore and that was hard, but she was happy and we always would visit her. I miss her a lot. I hope things get better for you, Jennie. :)

JennieLovesKisses
02-12-2011, 12:15 AM
From what I heard from my dad who was at the hospital with grandpa, this may have all been caused by a urinary infection - They are holding him there till he's back to normal. Thank you all for the support.

As for me, the last two days have been alright, yesterday my eating was horrible but in my calorie range. Today my boyfriend and I made our Spaghetti w/ Italian Meatballs for his family and their guest, so it was kind of a planned "MISS" day with my food (we talked about this last week). Been great on water and workouts though...I definitely expect a gain tomorrow morning - A bit scared about that. >.<

surrendertolis
02-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Jennie - UTI's can really affect people strangely, particularly the elderly. I work in a nursing home right now and whenever one of the residents starts acting out of the ordinary, a UTI is the first thing the nurses test for. Your grandpa should be back to normal very soon. :)

That's great you've been doing well with your water and I do believe that we need the occasional "miss day" where our calorie intake is a bit higher than normal. I think it teaches our bodies not to go into starvation mode and hang onto the weight longer. Good luck with your weigh in! :)

Well, I did very good with my water and gym goals this week. But unfortunately I didn't get under 210 lbs. I weighed in at 211.0 this morning. I'm glad there was at least a loss of 1.6 pounds. I'm SO close to 50 pounds lost! Hopefully I can get there by Monday.

JennieLovesKisses
02-12-2011, 05:06 PM
surrendertolis - Thank you, I haven't heard anything yet but that makes me feel a lot better! :)

Today I will be back on track. Yesterday I missed my workout, so I'm doubling up today to make up for it - it was a long day at work and with making dinner for everyone I fell asleep and didn't wake up till morning! lol

JennieLovesKisses
02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
How is everyone doing?! SO far so good for me today! There is no workout today, but I just bought some new yoga dvd I want to try out.

Eating wise -
Breakfast: Turkey Sandwich on wheat w/lettuce and mustard, no mayo no cheese; Large Carrot
Snack: Yogurt; small handful of Mint candies (30cals)
Lunch: Steamed Brown rice w/ red potatos, garlic, tiny bit of salt/pepper & parsley

Its usually around Dinner-Time that I REALLY get the munchies...GAH and TOM still hasn't started yet so I know that has something to do with it. lol

amandaswan89
02-14-2011, 01:45 PM
haha i know exactly what you mean about dinner time munchies.. luckily im just about done with TOM so if i make it through today I should be ok :) by the way, your breakfast sounds amazing lol

surrendertolis
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Jennie - I'm glad you're feeling better! :)

I was so sore yesterday from a combination of falling on an icy sidewalk and doing squats for the first time in years. I haven't really had a rest day at all this month, so I skipped out of the gym today. My elliptical arrived today, so my workout consisted of maneuvering the 147 lb box around my apartment and putting it together. I also had a 20 min walk from work to Walmart. I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow morning! TOM is coming this week, so I need to be consistent with getting all my water in every day and getting enough exercise.

JennieLovesKisses
02-14-2011, 11:32 PM
amandaswan89 - lol I know I have kind of random breakfast's! xD I usually don't wake up till around 1pm on days I don't work, so breakfast is usually a lunch, Lunch is usually a dinner, and Dinner almost ALWAYS ends up being a breakfast (usually an Oatmeal Banana Pancake!)

JennieLovesKisses
02-14-2011, 11:39 PM
I just realized today is the last day of the challenge...that went crazy fast...well I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but with my TOM still MIA - cravings, bloating and all that fun stuff kinda got to me; I didn't do as bad as I would have thought though. Hopefully next week goes better!

amandaswan89
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
wow this week did go even faster then the last one.. and I am the same way about waking up late when I have no work. So I understand having odd things at the wrong "meal" times hahah

this week was a over all success, I didnt work out as much as I usually do, met my goals but still less over all time working out, oddly enough ive lost more weight in 4 days then i usually do in a week so thats ok with me :)

Changergirl
02-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm going to claim this week as a success. There was only one bad day, and it wasn't too terrible, I think I ate about 150 calories over. I'm trying to start focusing more on exercising which went well. I met my C25K goal and squeezed in a couple 30DS as well.

prepping
02-15-2011, 05:49 PM
It's like you blink and another week is over!

I'm still doing great. Logging everything, going to the gym, drinking water, getting good sleep.

Nice to see all of you doing well with your plans too! And for the slip ups here and there, well, you're in a new week! :)

Nuclear Indeed
02-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh no, no, no. =(

I gained 3 pounds in a matter of 5 days! I'm honestly not sure what I should do now.