Weight Loss Support - Feb Daily Accountability-This is NOT a New Years Resolution It's a Lifestyle Change

Diana3271
01-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the February Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

berryblondeboys
01-31-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm exercising every day with walking. I joined the 1000 miles in 2011 challenge, adn I'm on target with 91.4 miles/1000 for January.

I'm eating a low carb diet because my blood sugars are out of whack, but I'm not dieting. I'm eating for hunger and making good choices. I'll eat 1600 calories some days and 2000 on others - all depending on how hungry I am.

It took me years to put this weight on, it doesn't have to come off on 6 months. That's what a lifestyle change is all about - not a fast fix, but a true change of how I eat for the rest of my life and how I treat my body with being more fit = for the rest of my life.

Diana3271
01-31-2011, 10:46 PM
berryblondeboys Hi and Welcome! :wave:

MzJuicyD
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Well im Danielle and this is my first time joining into one of these lol. Well today i consumed about 1700 calories and i had a good workout. I took a weightlifting class for an hour followed by an hour zumba class. After that I walked 30 min on the treadmill. I feel good about today! I want to lose 10 pounds in feb!

krampus
02-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Day 3 of "no candy" coming to a close. I have absolutely no energy tonight despite eating 800 calories before leaving work. It was a struggle to drag myself up the hill to my apartment tonight, so no exercise has been done yet - thinking of doing cardio in the morning before work. I don't know what causes tiredness like that - maybe I'm just not used to eating low-calorie (under 1500) for more than two days in a row.

Breakfast, 162
-Yogurt, 47
-Protein bar, 115

Lunch, 500
-Salad with mizuna leaves, sesame oil, borlotti beans, Camembert and 8 mini tomatoes, 370
-Soyjoy, 130

Snack, 130
-Crackers

Dinner, 600
-Stir fry: 250g tofu, kimchee, chopped tomatoes, a couple "heads" spinach, 1 small eggplant, 1 egg - about 400
-1 salmon fillet, 150
-Yogurt, 47

Total Calories: About 1395

Diana3271
02-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

Weigh In: 160.8
Down: .4

MzJuicyD Hi and Welcome! :wave:

krampus Maybe up the calories a little. Eat a little something that's nutrient dense and see how you feel. Maybe you are going through a type of withdrawl from the sweets. :?:

Pint From yesterday's thread, I agree that's a sign about applying for the Police force. I would try.

shellsbrood
02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Good Morning, everyone!!

Diana--Thanks for starting the new thread. Can you believe it's Feb all ready?? And wow, you're going to be in the 150s soon!! :cheer:

Krampus--Diana voiced my thoughts too...it might be a sugar withdrawal/crash that you're experiencing. Hang in there. :( :hug:

Welcome Berry and Danielle! :)

Pint--Wow, what a great sign!! I bet you'll do great!

Boy, TOM is kicking. my. butt. this morning! Dh is laughing at me, because I'm dropping things/doing things backwards/putting things in the wrong place/forgetting EVERYTHING! :lol: Meanie! :p

Yesterday's calories were around 1,400. I didn't do any official exercise, but I moved furniture almost all day, so that has to count for something, right?

Last month was a slow loss month for me. Here's hoping that it'll kick back into gear, so I can reach Onderland this month! :crossed::crossed::crossed:

Diana3271
02-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Shells Hi :wave: I hear you on TTOM. I swear I feel like I am in a fog when it's TTOM. I hate having to close out books, etc during that time. Whatever I am doing takes twice as long. Maybe you will have a whoosh down when TTOM leaves. I think mine will show up any time now. I hope you hit Onederland this month! Sending you :goodvibes:

Sum38
02-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi ladies I am Sum,

I lost 11 pounds in January.
I eat 1200 -1400 calories per day.
I walk, outdoors, 3.5 -4 miles. When weather is on my side, I aim for 6 x week. Lately here in Michigan mother nature has not been co-operative, and I am housebound.

I am hoping to shed 5.5 pounds in month of February.

shellsbrood
02-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Shells Hi :wave: I hear you on TTOM. I swear I feel like I am in a fog when it's TTOM. I hate having to close out books, etc during that time. Whatever I am doing takes twice as long. Maybe you will have a whoosh down when TTOM leaves. I think mine will show up any time now. I hope you hit Onederland this month! Sending you :goodvibes:

I think I'll stick with one of LS's videos today, because I don't trust myself on a treadmill. :lol:

So, I know you get asked this every time you're close to goal, but curiosity is getting the better of me. :D Did you decide if you're going to go into maintenance at 160 or are you going to shoot for something lower?

Thank you for the vibes! I'm really going to push myself this month. I NEED to see that one in front!

Pint Sized Terror
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I had a .2lb loss this morning! Yay!! I'm thinking I need to change my ticker. :D

I can't believe it's February already. Sheesh where did the time go?!

Krampus, maybe it's your body fighting withdrawal from the sugary foods you've been eating? I don't know, but that really stinks. :hug:

Everyone else, have a great day!!

Diana3271
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Shells This is my thinking. Normal BMI starts at 155 for me. I am already having people tell me not to lose any more. My wrist size is small, but I am a larger frame person. I wear a size 11 shoe. :o I think I am going to try to have my maintenance weight between 155-160. Precisely 157. That gives me room with TTOM and higher sodium meals, etc. The Endo. even mentioned that I am larger frame and not to worry about the "charts". This is also the weight range that she recommended. I just hope I can make this thing work this time. I don't want to have to lose weight again. :(

Pint Sized Terror
02-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I forgot to add: My friend's surgery went well! She said she came home and pretty much passed out until after midnight, and she didn't want to text or call and wake me up. :D

krampus
02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Diana That's so exciting how close you are to GOAL! I would listen to your doctor and not worry about BMI charts. :)

Pint Congrats on the loss!

shells As someone who has fallen violently off of treadmills before, I totally endorse your "no treadmills while loopy" decision!

I went poking around and read a bunch of different sources that said cutting out a lot of sugar can mean fatigue and headaches and stomach issues. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Belly Buster
02-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Having cravings this morning... really really want a donut. And of course I have to go out and stop at the grocery store. Will take some major will power to avoid the bakery!

Prepping for the big storm. Kids are already counting on sleeping in tomorrow. Of course they have no idea of the list of to-dos that I have already started. No sports or play dates to keep them out of the house.... they will by my prisoners!!:D (Boy that sounds evil eh?)

Today:
Treadmill 30min and bowflex 20min
Cream of wheat with rasperries and milk
homemade veggie soup and pear
fish, loaded potatoe pancakes, and broccoli, milk
I have about 4 points left, so I'll decide on snacks as the day goes on. I have some soy nuts that are great to snack on. I usually take out my portion and leave on the counter and just grab one or two as I walk through the kitchen. Usually lasts the afternoon. Maybe I'll even save the points and have a nice glass of wine in front of the fireplace tonight while I watch the storm commence!

Pint ~ take on the challenge of the academy!! What a great opportunity and exciting new path!!

Diana ~ you are definately an inspiration!

Krampus ~ I did South Beach a few years ago and although I lost a good amount of weight, I really felt yucky those first couple weeks withdrawling from sugar. Hang tough you'll feel better soon. Make sure you are getting enough protien. That will help!

Shells ~ Take it easy! Thankfully TOM is a short term challenge... well you know what I mean right?!

Welcome newbies! Good Luck on this new path you are taking!!

Have a great day everyone! Be strong and powerful!

MzJuicyD
02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Well TOM is kicking in today and as always I feel completely drained. I'm taking the morning off from exercise so I can rest up for work. After I get off tonight I'm headed to the gym for some cardio. I HATE TOM lol

LindseyLou
02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Pint - Glad to hear your friend's surgery went well.

Krampus - I've heard of people getting sick (headache, fatigue, nausea) when they cut out sugar initially. I bet in a couple days you'll feel awesome!!

LindseyLou
02-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Well TOM is kicking in today and as always I feel completely drained. I'm taking the morning off from exercise so I can rest up for work. After I get off tonight I'm headed to the gym for some cardio. I HATE TOM lol

I hear ya. TOM is evil! :devil:

GainingWeightInLa
02-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning DIZZY! :dizzy: I've checked my blood pressure (I had hoped that I had lost enough weight that I could reduce my meds because it was too low....no such luck...it was 120/76) I had gone a couple of days without one of my meds (ran out) and I took it yesterday and woke up dizzy this morning. I hope that's what's wrong. I'm so dizzy it's making me feel nauseous. I ate a pkg of crackers. Hasn't helped. I feel awful. :(

Today is my ww weigh in. I hope I'm looking at 2 lbs. It'll be between 1.5 and 2 for the week (already have moved ticker throughout the week) depending on what my intake is like through the day. With the way I'm feeling, I think my intake will be very low today. :shrug:

Gotta get ready for work. We have massive storms blowing thru right now. Should be a fun trip to work. :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sum38
02-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Morning,

We are on stand-by, just waiting for the storm. We shall see if it actually is as bad as they say...

I am running out to get supplies though. I don't want to run out of veggies, fruits and my other diet essentials. Easy to binge when stuck indoors.

I am hoping to get in a walk today as well, I am sure all paths will be snow covered and impossible to walk through. I don't mind hiking through 8 inches of snow, but 18 inches in another story....

I made my mealplan for the day; so far 1200 calories. I always leave 200 calories for my evening snack attacks.

Everyone stay well, stay warm, and have a FAB day!

Larry H
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I have been walking 2-3 miles a day and I am now have more energy.

Yesterday dinner was a challenge. My wife wanted to go to Wendy's and almost everything there is high calorie. I researched on the internet and ordered a Plain Grilled Chicken Wrap @ 190 Cal and a Plain Baked Potato (No topping of any kind) @ 270 Cal. Drank a small black coffee no sugar or cream.

Total 460 Calories for dinner. My daily total for all meals and snacks was 1103 calories. Not too shabby considering being behind enemy lines at a fast food joint.

Larry,
-----------------
If it is to be it is up to me

Vixsin
02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Good Morning All!!!

First I just have to run up and hug Larry!!! :hug: A BOY!!!!!! I LOOOOVE my ladies but I am so happy to see a gentleman here with us!!! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!! Sounds like you sure are on the right track. And great job with researching Wendy's. I find that doing a little research really empowers you to feel better about your choices. Knowledge is power right? :)

Pint: Or should I say OFFICER Pint!!!! :high: I am so excited for you, I can't even stand it!!! Please keep us posted on every single detail of the academy. You will rock it, girl! I have NO doubts!!!

Diana: That is a great way of thinking about goal. I understand your fears, but I really feel that you won't have to "lose the weight again". You are a different person now. More educated and much more in tune with your body. Give yourself some credit. :) :hug:

Diana(LA): I hope you feel better soon. I hope eating helps. I hate to feel dizzy. :hug:

Krampus: Good luck with the detox from sugar. I also hear that it's a bear. When I came off caffeine, it took 2 weeks for the headaches to go away. I am sure that you'll be right as rain (and won't miss that candy!) in no time! :hug:

Shells: You sound like you need a hug. :hug: I've always got an extra. :)

As for me...I was on plan yesterday and I will be again today. My weight is holding steady from yesterday. :) I am about to leave work for fear that I am going to get snowed in here. I will check in again once I make it safely home. :)

LLBoldAsLove87
02-01-2011, 11:18 AM
oh yay new thread!

As I said in the other... good luck with the job Pint!

Scale is being stubborn... not weighing again until after I'm recovered from the wisdom tooth extraction (tomorrow).

berryblondeboys
02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Today should be interesting - my youngest is home with a fever (or was feverish... seems to be developing into a cold). Probably won't get to exercise until after my older son comes home from school.

Eating is a nonissue and I'm so glad. I eat when I'm hungry and I'm not having a difficult time making good choices. I hope it always stays this easy.

The scale was down a bit today, but I don't believe anything it says unless it says it for a couple days.

MzJuicyD
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Well i said earlier that i was going to take a break from my morning workout. That didnt happen. I watched last night's episode of Heavy again and got super motivated! So i just completed Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk at home. I feel so much better! That'll keep me until i go to the gym tonight!

L R K
02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Hello again fo rthe month Chickies!!! :wave:

I am definitely in again this month and planning on really getting back to it this month.

Diana - Here's to a brand new month, LETS DO THIS!!! :cheer3:

Berry, Sum & MzJ - Hi and Welcome to the thread! You'll love it here! :welcome2:

Krampus - Hang in there girl, I know you can get past this candy craving business, you have done it before you CAN do it again!

Shells - TOM arrgh, what a pin in the bee-hind! I'm glad he left this week! And, yes moving furniture totally counts as exercise, it's hard work!

Hi Pint :wave: Didn't Jan just fly by?!?! I feel like I skipped a whole bunch of it! Great job losing another 0.2lbs forever! :cp: I'm also glad to hear your friends surgery went well :D

Belly & Sum - We are apparently getting a big storm tonight/tomorrow too. I'm secretly hoping that overnight we get so much snow I can't get to work... what a shame eh ;)

Hi LittleL!!!! :wave: Hope you're having a good day! :D

Gaining - Oh no, feeling dizzy is not good!!! Feel better :hug:

Larry - Hi :wave: You did great on your trip to Wendys. Made the best choices you could, awesome job! :cp:

Hellooooooooo Vixsin!!! Great job staying OP, you're awesome! :dance:

LLBold - I hear ya on the stubborn scale! We've just got to keep doing what we're doing and it'll move eventully.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well peeps, a few things I would like to work on this month that perhaps got a little out of had last month.

1. Pepsi!!!!! I am drinking way too much of it. I am cutting back to maybe allowing myself 1 per week as a treat like I used too. I had this problem before and as soon as I gave it up the weight started coming off again.

2. Afternoon & Evening Snacking. This is fast becoming a regular habit and it has to stop. I am going to try and eat my afternoon snack as late as possible, earliest 4:30 so I won't snack while I am preparing dinner. After dinner chocolates also have to stop, even if it is dark chocolate and it is only 2 sqaures it adds up. Especially if it is everyday!

3. Laziness. I have to get myself back to the gym. I am going to do my fitness assessment and hand in my registration package this Friday. Gym will be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I have Physio on Tuesdays and Fridays and I am also going to be looking at swimming at the local community centre on Saturday afternoons (but the swimming will come a bit later)

Ok, now it's out you all have to hold me to it! HeHe! :D

Here is my plan for the day Tues 2/1/2011

B - Homemade Banana smoothie made w/ Almond Milk + 1 WW multi-grain thin bun w/ natural PB & Organic Strawberry Jam

S - 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus

L - Homemade Cauliflower Bisque + WW multi-grain thin bun w/ earth balance

S - 1 apple

D - Red Raddish Tabbolueh (made w/ bulgar wheat)

Drinking: At least 2L water + At least 2 cups green tea

Have a happy, healthy and OP day! :wave:

Eurydice
02-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Good afternoon, everyone. :) Today's probably going to be another limited-exercise day for me, since I've got three classes (second one starts in fifteen minutes, ugh) and afterward, I'm taking a mini-road trip to visit my friend a few cities over.

Choices are still unhealthy. The last two months, I missed the convenience my school cafeteria's hot food. Now that I've been eating it for a couple days, I'm breaking out a little and haven't been feeling so great, stomach-wise. Today was gonna be my last day of indulgence (albeit, under 1500 calories-type indulgence) and I'm already regretting it. I got some fettucini alfredo, momentarily forgetting that their food always sounds great but isn't. I asked for some broccoli on it, thinking it would mean more than two pieces. And then they sprinkled more cheese on top of the cheese. Who does that?! I am a cheese fanatic, but this is too much even for me. Tomorrow's lunch is going to be salad and yogurt, I'm through with these cholesterol-riddled monstrosities. Anyway, when I see my friend, we're going out to one of those organic, vegan type restaurants with the hummus and the veggies and all, so it'll be a nice, light dinner to make up for the nonsense I'm consuming now...

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, my goal for February is to get out of the obese BMI range. That was originally my goal for Valentine's buuuut I don't see that happening unless my weight loss speed picks up. Judging from now and the last time I lost some weight a few years ago, I think five pounds a month is about my average...but I want to pick it up to seven this month :P

Pint, I'm glad your friend's surgery went well! What a relief.

LadyLai
02-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Hey pretty ladies! Sorry I haven't been here since Friday.. well weekends are pretty much a hit or miss, yesterday I was out of town and now today and tomorrow I'll be helping my Aunt and Uncle move. I went to the Chinese New Year Banquet Saturday evening and thought I was doing A.O.K. I had veggies that weren't in a thick sauce, maybe a 1/2 cup of rice (fried) and spicy shrimp. Been fighting the retention since then! My schedule has been a little messed with too tho, didn't eat lunch until I got home @ 4 because I didn't want to stop and eat elsewhere for fear of screwing with sodium again. I'm planning ahead and have my water and lunch packed for the day. Hoping to see some movement on the scale soon.. especially after seeing 230 on Saturday morning.. I want it back!!

Take care all.. I miss you guys like crazy!! Hope to check in again later tonight!

novelistabac
02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
:)Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thanks to Lindsay :D I now have a wonderful pretty new scale. This morning I weighed 191 so I'm officially back on track. Hopefully I can drop another pound before Thursday's weigh in. I'm now up to 30 minutes on the elliptical which takes me about 3 miles :)

My scale came with the body measuring tape so I did my measurements last night so I will track them monthly I guess.

Pint I agree that you should definitely apply. My cousin is a police officer and she loves it.

Diana Congrats on being so SO close to goal! That is WONDERFUL :carrot:

Hi Lady !! :)

Shells Stay away from the treadmill!!

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Welcome to all the new people! This is a great thread...very supportive and FUN!! :cool:

stacygee
02-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi girls and Larry. Welcome to February...

Everyone is looking great.

I loved your list, Lauren. I don't think mine is list worthy but I am going to lay off the cheese for the month of February and my Granola Thins that I love. Plus, no off meal snacking. Hopefully this will help me get out of the 190s.

Feeling very tired after a hard workout today.

Love to all!

L R K
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Eury - It must be hard having to eat at a school cafeteria daily. All you can do is make the best choices you can, drink lot's of water and try and get in some exercise.

LadyL - Hows was your Chinese New Year?? Luckily, we managed to skip out on New Years dinner with my SO's family because he had soccer the same night.

Hi novel! :wave: I hope you are having a great day :D

L R K
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi girls and Larry. Welcome to February...

Everyone is looking great.

I loved your list, Lauren. I don't think mine is list worthy but I am going to lay off the cheese for the month of February and my Granola Thins that I love. Plus, no off meal snacking. Hopefully this will help me get out of the 190s.

Feeling very tired after a hard workout today.

Love to all!

Awesome! It's great to have motivation and support from others! :D

cincimini
02-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Happy First Feb ladies! :carrot:

Can't believe it's another month already! But...here I am, still hanging on to the same old stupid pounds. Last month has been a wash, pretty much, but I'm back in the saddle.
Food intake for today was:
B - 2 small slices of bread with cream cheese and jam, small coffee with milk
S - my morning/afternoon latte
L - Leftover spaghetti with veggies, small piece of candy
S - pear
D - salmon steak with plain rice, 2 bites of my dad's chicken and (another) latte

No gym today as I was working until 6:30pm. I start at 7:30, so I was DONE.

Looking forward to celebrating all your weight loss success in the next 29 days! :hug:

debbieOBX
02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Holding back really hard from having a binge day. My husband was just diagnosed with a slow growing lung cancer. He is looking at lung surgery in apx 1 month. Hes been going through lots of tests, scans, pet scans, so it was not unexpected but today the 'c' word was used. More as i can.

Vixsin
02-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Debbie: :hug: I'm sorry to hear about your husband. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

LLBoldAsLove87
02-01-2011, 05:24 PM
The weather is SO nasty out today... makes it harder to go to the gym in a couple hours. BUT I'm going to focus on the fact that, in bad weather, the cute guy that lives in my apartment complex seems to skip his usual gym and go the the complex gym. ;-) Let's hope he's there tonight! Haha.

Sum38
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Debbie - I am sorry!! BUT...there is hope. I had breast cancer, 7 or so years ago, and I am still here :) Modern med is wonderful! ((HUG))

cincimini
02-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Debbie :hug:

LLBoldAsLove87
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Debbbie... sorry I'm such a duntz and missed your post (and rambling about cute boys)! I'm so sorry, your DH will be in my thoughts and prayers.

LindseyLou
02-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Larry - I think you did great at Wendy's! :cb:

Novel - Glad to hear you got your scale! :D

Lauren & Lady - Hey! :D

Eury - I know you'll kick butt in February! I'm sure you can meet your 7 pound goal!

Debbie - :hug: SO SORRY!!!

LindseyLou
02-01-2011, 06:57 PM
All the newbies - :welcome3:

Diana - Congrats on 160.8!! You're on FIRE! :D

Pint - I say go for it! :D

Shells - I KNOW you will be in Onderland in February!! :carrot:

Vixsin - Hey you! :wave:

Cinci - "Looking forward to celebrating all your weight loss success in the next 29 days!" Me too!!! ;)

Anyone I forgot...I'm sorry. I'm so bummed that my post is gone. It took me forever to type. My computer was being weird and not loading pages earlier so maybe that's it...? I thought it posted and it didn't.

This morning I weighed in at 149.0# (almost all that water weight is gone! :yay:) This month my goal is to lose 5 pounds, putting me at 144, and NO longer overweight! :cloud9: Another goal is to work on toning. DH and I are going to start lifting weights 3 times per week...he's even going to do a low carb, high protein meal plan with me! ;) I believe we're starting next week..? I also need to focus on drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day...I was slacking in January. :nono:

This is my plan of attack for today. ;)

Breakfast (300) strawberry oatmeal w/milk 180, ¼ c. egg beaters w/cheese 60, cranberry juice 60
Snack (180) ½ c. cottage cheese 90, banana 90
Lunch (310) LC wheat wrap 90, turkey 40, provolone 90, mustard 10, cup-a-soup w/crackers 80
Snack (210) Strawberry yogurt 210
Dinner (300) "Healthified" asian chicken, brown rice, peas & egg
:running: with the dogs :)

helen73
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi all! I'm Helen and I'm looking forward to a productive Feb. I have been swimming daily along with weights every other day. I find swimming an enjoyable way to exercise. I am supposed to be on Atkins but have been having way more carbs than I should. I am losing but not at the rate if I was to stay on track. I'm really going to have to decide if I can stick to the plan or if I should go to a zone/south Beach plan.

shellsbrood
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Posting my info quickly...

Weight: .6 up (darn TOM)

Breakfast: Kix berry cereal, light soy milk, coffee
Snack: Cherries, Special K cracker crisps
Lunch: sliced tomatoes on whole wheat bread
Snack: Organic dark mint chocolate
Dinner: Taco salad w/ smart ground "beef"

Calories: 1,182

Dh is working from home tonight and tomorrow, so who knows when I'll get back on here next. If I'm not here tomorrow, have a wonderfully happy, tasty and OP day! :hug:

jomatho
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Debbie, praying for you and DH! Stay strong for you and him!

Sum, Hi! :wave: This thread is a little chattier isn't it?

Diana 3271, you are so close to goal!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Gaining, hope you feel better and your weigh in goes well!

Shells, TOM is kicking my butt this month too:kickbutt:

Berryblondeboys, "for the rest of my life", that's the only way to think about it!:)

Danielle, you're doing great! Sounds like a good goal for Feb, good luck!:)

Krampus, coming down off your sugar high sucks! Hang in there and stay on plan!:hug:

Belly B, I have a couple of prisoners at home tomorrow too :devil:!

Larry, I think I remember being shocked at the calories in Wendy's items last I looked, especially like the chili, you'd think that would be somewhat healthy at least, and their salads are loaded with calories!:nono:

LLbold, yikes, good luck with the tooth!:fr:

Lauren, I like your monthly goals. Good ideas.:chin:

Eury, stay away from that cafeteria food!:chef:

Novelisa, I am a daily weigher, but more fun than that is taking my measurements every week! I see the most results there. ;)

Stacygee, I should give up cheese too....:chin:

Lindsey, you have great monthly goals too!:chin:

Welcome Helen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are really inspiring me tonight!:carrot:

As for me, as of this morning I was 209.8, which puts me at 20 pounds lost!!! Need to get to 207 for my first mini goal of 10% weight gone. And then from there it is Onderland or bust!!!! Chooo, Chooo!!!:carrot:

Diana3271
02-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Well peeps, a few things I would like to work on this month that perhaps got a little out of had last month.

1. Pepsi!!!!! I am drinking way too much of it. I am cutting back to maybe allowing myself 1 per week as a treat like I used too. I had this problem before and as soon as I gave it up the weight started coming off again.

Lauren Hi Girl! :wave: Have you tried the sodas with stevia? I'm not sure if you have them there. As you probably know, stevia is an all natural sweetener. Take a look http://www.zevia.com/

Diana3271
02-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi Everyone! Please stay safe in the Winter storm. :hug:

Sum Hi and Welcome! :wave: Great job of planning your foods ahead of time with the pending storm. You will not be caught off guard and end up eating junk! :high:

Pint Great job on the .2. I'm glad to hear all is well with your friend. She is already home? That's amazing!

Krampus I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Belly Ha Ha on the kids being your prisoners.

Diana(LA) How did your WW meeting go? How are you feeling, now? I hope the dizziness has subsided. :hug:

Larry Great job on the walking! It's easier now to eat out since the nutritional information is available online. Congrats on a job well done.

Vixsin It seems that I don't have the confidence in myself yet. I will work on that. :hug: Great job staying on plan.

LLBoldAsLove Hi :wave:

BerryBlondBoys I hope everything is OK with your little one.

MsJuicyD There ya go! That's the way to get motivated! Great job on doing the Leslie workout. Did you make it to the gym, too?

Eurydice It sounds like you have had enough of the cafeteria food. What are your other options? Do they have salads and healthier alternatives at the cafeteria that you can get?

Lady Hi :wave: You can get it back! Hang in there!

Novelista Congrats on the new scale! :carrot:

Stacy Great job on getting that workout in!

Cincimini Hi :wave:

Debbie Hang in there. There are constant changes and improvements in medicine. Things are different even from 6 months ago. I will say a Prayer for you and your DH. Take care. Update us when you can. :hug:

Lindsey Congrats on the 5 pounds in January! :carrot:

Helen Hi and Welcome! :wave: Maybe you can do your own plan. Something between what you are doing now and Zone/South Beach. See how that works. It doesn't have to be all one or the other. Make the plan work for you.

Shells Hi :wave: Did you do the Leslie workout?

Jomatho Congrats on the 20 pounds! :carrot:

Diana3271
02-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Total Approx 1440 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
6 ounce sirloin 400 calories
2 Orders steamed veggies 200 calories
peanuts 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

Serbrider
02-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Food is within 1800 calories (all I'm really concerned about at the moment, since I'm still figuring some things out and trying to determine how much I actually need with the amount of exercise I'm doing).

Need some more protein though... will see if there's anything downstairs...

Also... first time doing Zumba tonight!! It was so much fun.... but HARD.

:p

Pint Sized Terror
02-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh my! Today was definitely an off day!! I knew soon after breakfast that it was going to be "one of those days" because the usual breakfast didn't fill me up at all. Usually I can barely finish it. I didn't snack off plan or anything between breakfast and lunch. After lunch, things just kinda went off plan. Not as bad as some days, and not NEARLY as bad as my "off days" were before, but it was definitely a struggle.

B: Raw Oats oatmeal, 2 egg whites, 1 cup fresh blueberries

L: 1 Spicy Chili sushi roll

S: 1/2 Peanut butter sandwich on 100% Nature's Own Whole Wheat

Lunch was a struggle. I wanted more more more. My stomach was growling not even an hour after eating, even though I KNOW I should've been satiated. So after 2 1/2 hours of wanting to eat eat eat, I allowed myself 1/2 a sandwich. I gave my daughter the other half, then we painted nails. I was STILL wanting to eat. I knew by then that there was no way I was *really* hungry, so I ignored it. Then dinner happened...

I had to get an in-state driver's license to purchase a handgun (which I've been planning/trying to do for 2 years now) and to have when I apply to the police department. (Which is the main reason I'm getting a gun now, so I can have it to practice with and carry.) We drove all the way there in heavy traffic, only to have some (I'm really trying to be nice) #%@!#%% at the desk give me ****. First she complained that I showed up 15 minutes before they closed, but when I asked her exactly how long the test takes, she completely disregarded THAT and complained that I needed my insurance card. I said I could run and get it very quickly, she disregarded THAT and asked if I had $32 EXACTLY IN CASH. I said, uh, no, I don't. She said they don't accept credit/debit cards or checks, so I'd need the cash. She then smiled rather smugly to herself as I smiled sweetly and said I'd just come back tomorrow. I was seeeeeeeeeething inside. So anyway, having that blown to bits, hubby, kids and I decided to get something for dinner out. He offered some places that I KNEW I would struggle in, so I suggested a new place that I thought would have at least something healthy. As soon as I walked in, the smells drove me to want anything and everything fried and covered in mayo. :o Even though I really wanted the deep-fried spicy breaded shrimp tossed in a spicy mayo sauce and wrapped in a flour tortilla that ALSO came with fries and extra dipping sauce, I ended up getting a smoked beef sandwich with au jus, but I did get fries. Their order wasn't overly large, maybe a cup and a half of fries, and I let my daughter share. I inHALED all my food, then wanted dessert. However, my husband very politely said, "Since we've eaten a big meal, maybe we should just head to the bookstore now." :eek: :D So we left. I've been fighting binging/cravings all day, and I still am fighting them. When I got home I drank 34 ounces of water, allowed myself a 70 calorie orange sherbet and a banana. :dizzy: I picked up a book about knitting. Gotta keep my hands busy!!;)

I reaaaaally hope tomorrow is better and I'm more in control!!

Pint Sized Terror
02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Deb I'm really sorry about your husband. Stay strong. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing. Since it's slow-growing, does that mean it's less aggressive as well? Hopefully it's something that can be cleared up soon. My prayers are with you and your family! :hug:

Larry H
02-02-2011, 01:40 AM
I do 100% of the cooking in our house and have been really trying many low cal and diabetic recipes (my wife is diabetic). Some recipes are "Keepers" as my wife calls them and some will not be tried again in our house.

I just bought a George Foreman grill. Will try it today with skinless and boneless chicken breast marinated in 15 cal per tsp Italian dressing.
I bought this because of the claims about reducing fat while grilling.

Any experience out there with these grills??

1295 Calories today :carrot:

Larry,
-------------
You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Author Unknown

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

I am starting to have signs and symptoms of TTOM. I went to bed cold, woke up hot and I woke up earlier than the alarm clock. :( So, I know what that means. I will stay on plan, but expect a slight gain from water weight. It is what it is. Time to get psyched up for it. :lol:

Weight: 160.8 (no change)

Yesterday I went to pick up some shirts that I ordered from JC Penney. To get to the pick up area, you have to go through the lingerie area. I saw something that I thought was really pretty and wanted to try on. Remember, I'm the person that doesn't like anything. :lol: It's a chemise. I hate all lingerie like that because it doesn't fit me right. I don't like molded cups, they don't feel right. I don't like the nondescript triangle cups, they don't fit me right. This chemise is perfect for me. The material is stretchy and the top fits perfect while making the most of my "small assets". ;) The bottom area is A-line. It really looks nice on me. The upper back is black lace. It was also on sale! Here's a picture of it. (Hmm, the link isn't clickable, so you will have to copy and paste. http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1977d2a&DeptID=70659&CatID=71377&SO=0&SelDim=4~&x5view=1&Ne=4+29+3+11+1031+586+966+18+904+949+833&shopperType=G&N=4294953589+4294966918&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70659|71377

Now, for the "feel good" shopping moment. :D When I was checking out I told the SA that I couldn't believe I found something that fits so well because I am weird shaped. She looked at me puzzled. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? She said 'You're not weird shaped. Your shape is perfect'. HUH? Me? I know she was just saying that, but for some reason, yesterday, it really felt good to hear that. I whispered that I have lost over 130 pounds and then her jaw dropped. She said that you would never know by looking at me that I had lost weight, let alone that much weight. :dance:
It's obvious under my clothes, but we won't worry about that, will we? :D I try not to run around nekkid too often. ;)

Hmm, I need to shop at JC Penney more often. I am starting to feel good about this shopping business! :D

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 07:38 AM
I just bought a George Foreman grill. Will try it today with skinless and boneless chicken breast marinated in 15 cal per tsp Italian dressing.
I bought this because of the claims about reducing fat while grilling.

Any experience out there with these grills??

Larry I have one, but because of our busy schedule I don't use it often (we eat out a lot). I think it also comes with a recipe book. Any of your regular grill recipes can be modified down to work with the grill. In my personal opinion, the big thing is to make sure you don't overcook your food. It cooks from the top and bottom. Small pieces of meat can cook really quickly and end up dry. You will have to experiment with it on cooking times. I would try a couple of the George Foreman recipes at first. They have been tested and you know they will work. From there you can experiment. I have a regular grill pan that I use more often. I LOVE grilled zucchini and squash. Well, now that I mention it, I pretty much like a lot of grilled veggies. I need to grill some this weekend. :D Look what you have started now! :lol: I am going to be thinking about grilled veggies. At least it's healthy, right? Have fun with with your new grill!

Sum38
02-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi Jo :) Indeed....Very nice!! -- This website keeps me from eating, I log in when ever I really want to eat...so having active thread will help so much!!

I have to forgo all personals until I get to know you all.

I woke up sick. No exercise for me, and my food intake will be crazy. Somehow I just eat and eat when I am sick. I will try though!!

We have atleast foot of new snow . My driveway has huge drifts, maybe 4 feet high. Luckily husband is home and he can tackle that one :lol:

Everyone have a fab day!!

Serbrider
02-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Woke up... 219.0 according to my scale. And that's after a couple swigs of water (the bottle was there... I was thirsty... :p ). I was 219.5 the past couple days, and before that 220.0.. :) Me happy. And SORE... so much exercise...

bonnie2009
02-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Diana, congratulations on all your success it has been awhile since I have been on the forum. WOW what dedication!!

I have been absent for quite awhile. I had a little success back in the fall(lost 10 lbs) but when the holiday's came round all my good intentions went by the wayside. My day passed away just before Christmas and even though it has been quite awhile seen I lost him I guess you never quit missing them especially around certain times but I am glad I am back. I am not dieting perfectly my effort pales in comparison to yours but it is a start. Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration!

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Bonnie Hi :wave: I remember you. Welcome back! It's good to see you again. I'm sorry to hear about you losing your Dad. :hug: It's always hard to lose a family member, but at the holidays is even harder. I lost my Dad 3 1/2 years ago. It's still hard, but time makes it easier to think about the good times and to appreciate the time you spent together. Give yourself some time, don't push it. You will get there.

stacygee
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Good morning. I was up a pound this morning. POOH!

The electricity is out in our whole city. I guess we will just hunker down in bed for the day! Hope we can get the gas fireplace lit. Guess I am not working out either. Not sure how I will eat... don't want to open the fridge and spoil everything!

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
The electricity is out in our whole city. I guess we will just hunker down in bed for the day! Hope we can get the gas fireplace lit.

Stacy That's not good! Try to stay safe and warm. :hug:

LindseyLou
02-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Helen – :welcome3: It sounds like you have a great plan in place, and I’m sure you will do great in February and beyond! I have heard that Atkins is very restrictive, so like you mentioned, maybe South Beach would be a better option. Best of luck to you! I think you will really like this thread! :D

Shells – Darn DHs stealing our computers! :rollpin: Mine is always doing that – right when I want to post on 3FC!

Jomatho – Congrats on 20 pounds!!! :yay: That’s excellent!! You’ll be in Onderland in NO time! :D

Diana – Thanks! :D Hopefully there will be at least 5 pounds in February! ;) That chemise is LOVELY! I love the lace detail on the back! I want one now. ;) So pretty! That is such a nice comment to hear!!!! I think sometimes we don’t give ourselves enough credit for how good we are looking, and until someone says it you don’t feel “pretty” or “perfect.” Then once you hear a comment like that, you think “I’m lookin’ goooood today!” I think it’s certainly a confidence booster!! Maybe I should go to JPC…:p

Serbrider – I really like this calculator for figuring out how many calories I should be eating. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Zumba sounds fun! I’m not coordinated enough for it…:lol: Congrats on 219!! :cb:

Pint – I’m sorry to hear about your day yesterday. :hug: I think going out to eat is so hard, all this delicious food that you know you “shouldn’t” have but.it.looks.so.damn.good…and DH never helps because he gets something that is looking crazy good! Oye…hope today is better for you! :D

Larry – That is great you’re doing all this cooking! We pretty much cook 6 nights a week…sometimes 7. ;) I have a GF grill. They are nice, although I feel they are hard to clean. (I wish the grill plates came off…but mine is a few years old). When I’m done cooking, that little tray is full of juices and fat! I think it does help! You did great yesterday, 1295! :cb:

Sum – Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear you’re sick! Get well soon! :hug:

Bonnie – I’m so sorry to hear about your father. :hug: I can’t imagine how you must feel. I agree with Diana…give yourself time. Here’s another hug! :hug:

Stacy - Awwww. :( Stay warm!!!

I'm back down to 148.8#. :celebrate: Woo hoo! I'm not sure what's up with me...but my appetite is not very good lately. Things just don't sound good. :?: Weird. But, I'll keep on truckin' along. ;) I finished A LOT of homework yesterday, just have to finish my 8-10 paper and this class is DONE...onto the next 5 weeker. :p

Here's my plan of attack for this lovely Wednesday... :dizzy:

B- strawberry oatmeal w/milk 350
S- banana 90
L- 1 1/2 - 6" cheese quesadillas w/RF sour cream & salsa 435
S- mixed fruit cup 70
D- 1 1/2 servings, French onion soup w/”crouton” & provolone 450
30 minute walk with the pups :running:

Have a lovely day everyone!! :grouphug:

debbieOBX
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Vixin Thank you so much!

Sum Welcome and thanks!

LLB thanks sweetie, gosh what an awesome group of people.

Diane Thank You.

Pint yes slow growing is the 'best' kind, they are hoping to do the surgery without cracking the chest. Its called wedge surgery, as the mass is on the side of the lung, not the middle.

Thank you everyone!

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Lindsey I don't know if you mentioned it, but how is the new girl fitting in? Sometimes there is a transition period when you get a new pet.

debbieOBX
02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
cin thank you sweetie

little thank you also

Larry yes on GF Grill. Its an awesome way to cook the meat because it does allow the fat to roll away from the meat. I do use skinless breasts and i do spice them up a bit. Good luck

debbie

debbieOBX
02-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I did struggle yesterday with a bit of a binge. Starting your day with fast food sucks. Then a late fast lunch at the same fast food place.
Now i know i had choices, but i choose fast, warm, yucky food. lol

Best guess for yesterday 1800 calories which is about 2 days worth for me.

Good news is I'M back this am, I'M ready to dive back in, and I will exercise today.

Have an awesome day. muah debbie

debbieOBX
02-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Jomatho Down 20 lbs thats awesome! Thank you so much for the kind words.

:hug:

berryblondeboys
02-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Not much to say. I walked on Walk It Out 5.3 miles yesterday and consumed about 1550 calories. All is good.

krampus
02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
debbieobx Thinking the very best thoughts for your DH and to recovery and treatment going as smoothly as possible.

Diana What an AWESOME NSV! I can't wait to hear more about your shopping adventures and victories. :)

Today was kind of a weird one. Lunch and dinner were both really disappointing and my moods were EXTREMELY unstable, like weepy-PMS-y mood swings. Maybe related to the fact that I ate more carbs today than in Days 1-3 of "no dessert week." Calories were higher than ideal, but I had 2 workouts (three if you count my speedwalk to work).

Breakfast, 180
-Yogurt, 47
-Soyjoy, 129

Lunch, 610
-Curry udon noodles w/half an egg, 400
-4 small pc. fried chicken, 200
-Half a mandarin orange, 10

Dinner, 780?
-Sushi/sushi parts (scraped the filling out of the rice but ate some rice too), 550?
-2 chicken/onion skewers, 230

Calorie Total - Between 1550-1600

Exercise
-20 min Tae Bo (morning)
-50 pushups (morning)
-Planks, bird dogs, squats (morning)
-40 minute speedwalk to work
-20 minute speedwalk from work to station
-40 min Tae Bo (evening)
-50 pushups (evening)
-200 crunches (evening)

It's been a weird day in terms of where my head is at. I shouldn't feel so insane and guilty just because I ate some rice.

jomatho
02-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Diana3271 Thanks! That chemise is very pretty, love the black lace in back! I have avoided things like that for so long, I hope to feel comfortable in them soon, they make you feel so beautiful!

Pint Restaurants are my biggest challenge too! The smells, the menu.....

We went to Applebees this weekend thinking they will have safe choices, I ordered a WW entree and hated it. I was feeling a little sorry for myself, looking around seeing everyone eating ribs, fries, sandwiches, etc. BUT, I didn't feel icky afterwards and was rewarded with a whoosh the next day, so lesson learned. BTW, chipoltle chicken at Applebees, don't recommend it. grilled chicken with salsa on top, cabbage salad with lime juice and a few pieces of corn/black beans on top. Oh, and some white rice seasoned with chili powder. Very salty, sour and bitter tasting. Yuck. Should have stuck with a small steak and broccoli.

Larry, the forman is fun especially this time of year. I just hate cleaning it. Make sure you clean it right away while warm or place wet paper towel over both sides as it cools. I have lined with sprayed aluminum foil to avoid cleaning before, but that prob. isn't that healthy. I like buying the bags of frozen chicken breasts and putting them on there frozen, on low and they cook beautifully, in case you forget to take out meat or need last minute meal/protien.

Serbrider, congrats on breaking into the 2-teens!

Bonnie, getting back on track is the hardest step! Way to go!

Todays Info:
weight, 209.8=same
food=on plan, aiming for 1400 calories today (if I workout, 1600)
exercise=optional day off, but may do a light workout or hop on the Wii.

GainingWeightInLa
02-02-2011, 11:02 AM
jomatho Congrats on 10%!! That's an amazing accomplishment! I officially reached 5% yesterday....it's a GREAT feeling, huh? Keep up the good work!!! We can do this, girl!!

Diana3271 You are such a ROCK girl!! Do you EVER falter and just have a bad day? You always seems so strong! I agree with what EVERYONE says....you are truly an inspiration!

Anyone seen LadyLai (Tina) lately? I don't think she's been around. I hope she's okay.

debbie I'm sooo sorry to hear about your husband! Please keep us posted and know that we are thinkin about ya'll and praying for you both! :hug:

:welcome3: All you new ones and returners! :) Glad you're here! It's a GREAT place to be!!

Well, as for me, I ended up officially down 2.2 for the last week at my meeting last night....as I said above, I reached 5% of my total body weight lost. :yay: I was happy! :D And I had another swoosh this morning....another lb gone (changing ticker in a minute when I finish my post). I can't believe the difference in counting calories and doing other diets. Calorie counting is soooo much easier to me. It just makes sense! Although when I go to the weight watcher meeting, our leader really likes (when you have a loss) for you to get up and tell how you're working the WW plan and making it work for you. I'm not really working the plan, I go mostly for the support and accountability of having to get on those scales every week in front of someone. Sooooo, I'm not really wanting to talk when I have a loss. :lol: Last night, I just told her I didn't want to speak. That won't work every time though. :eek: Oh well. If the "ugly truth" comes out, it just comes out. Atleast I'm being successful....if she can't be happy with that, oh well. I'll still attend mtgs. because she is VERY inspirational! :)

Anywho, that's my story! I am sooo close to the 200-teens....I'm soooo ready to be there! (I'm even more ready for onederland!!!! lol)

Gonna try to do better about visiting here during the day. If you stay gone from here too long, it takes forever to get caught back up! :lol: Plus, I kinda miss you guys when I'm not here! :)

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!!

GainingWeightInLa
02-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Oh, forgot to post this. This morning after I dropped kiddos off at school, I was VERY tempted (because I was starving!!) to stop for a fast food breakfast. I RESISTED!!!! Resisting sure feels better than giving in!

I'll take my victories, now matter how small! :rofl:

jomatho
02-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Stacygee, I hate it when the power goes out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't realize how much you need electricity until it is gone. I hope they get it back up and running soon for you. In the meantime, stay warm and do the best you can eating :hug:.

Krampus, you are kicking butt with the workouts! I get moody too, hang in there, stay on plan and you will feel better soon!

Berry, sounds like a good on plan day yesterday!

Debbie, Thanks! You said, "Good news is I'M back this am, I'M ready to dive back in, and I will exercise today" I say, "Good for you Girl!" :hug:

Lindsey, Thanks, and I hope so!!!!!

shellsbrood
02-02-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm really whiny this morning, so I'm going to skip any update on myself and concentrate on personals. :D

Krampus--Wow, those are amazing workouts!

Berry--I love Walk It Out, it's so much fun!

Debbie--1800 shouldn't be two days worth, but good for you brushing it off and hopping back on the wagon today. Healthy thoughts and prayers being sent for your hubby. :hug:

Lindsey--Great job on the loss and getting a ton of homework done. Awesome! :carrot:

Stacy--I'm up a pound, too. We'll get there! :hug:

Bonnie--I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: Welcome back.

Serbrider--Awesome job on the loss! :woohoo:

Diana--Nope, didn't get to it yesterday. I'm trying to get us to fit into this tiny house and I'm rearranging EVERYTHING. There isn't a square foot of free space at the moment. My house look like it belongs on hoarders because I've dragged everything out to go through. :^: That chemise is so pretty! What a great NSV!

Sum38--Feel better soon! :hug:

Larry--I love our grill! I usually go by the grilling times stated in the book.

helen73--Welcome! I love swimming!

Well, all four kiddos are home today, so I need to get back to rearranging the house and getting the older two to do their homework. They had to come home early yesterday due to the snow storm and they're home today too. The school gave them a ton of homework since they knew the school would be closed today. I'll check back later. Hopefully, I'll be in a better mood. :D

jomatho
02-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Gaining, Thanks! I am not to 10% yet, I have reached 20 pounds lost, but won't be to 10% until I hit 207. Soon hopefully.... Good job resisting fast food. I hope you fed yourself something good and healthy. Congrats on the 5% and the weigh-in and the swoosh!!! What do the other members say when they get up to talk about their success? Is it specifically about the points? I hate talking in front of people!

Shells, four kiddos home, I'd be whiny too! Enjoy the chaos, someday they will be older and off doing their own thing and the house will be too quiet.

Vixsin
02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
My weight is still holding steady today. Realized that I did a whole lot more exercise than just go to the gym for an hour yesterday. I did a little bit of free weight work at home and I shoveled my super long sidewalk twice yesterday. I am mentioning it all today because I am SO SORE!!!!!!!!!! OMG! LOL It feels good to be sore, but wow.

Not too sore to clean the whole house while my son is snowed in at my parent's house though! Time for me to get moving.

Be back in a bit.

GainingWeightInLa
02-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Oops Jomatho I must've misunderstood. lol I thought you had reached 10%. Silly me! :lol:

The ones who do get up and talk at the WW mtgs mostly just talk about their favorite food discoveries that help them when they're fighting staying on track (and of course everyone wants to know how many points....) The leader always asks about if they use their "extra points" and just different things. I'm probably just going to talk to her one on one and tell her what I'm doing so I don't have to freak her out in front of everyone. :rofl: I hate talking in front of a crowd, too! Always have. So it really won't hurt my feelings if I don't have to! hehe

Vixin, girl, you're smokin' with the exercise! You're like the energizer bunny! I feel like a lazy bones just READING your post! :highfive: Keep up the good work!!

Shells Hope your day gets better! I hate it when I'm whiny, too! (It happens a lot!) :shrug: I may be kindof spoiled, which contributes to my whininess. hehe It's my husband's fault, though...he spoils me! :)

MzJuicyD
02-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Today I had planned on taking it easy but after last night im DEFINITELY putting in some work at the gym tonight. Last night i found out that the guy i was talkin to has a flippin gf! I'm soooo mad and cant WAIT to let out this frustration at the gym! Friday cant come fast enough! Thats my kickboxing class and now he's my new mojo. Just visualize myself punching him in the face and kicking him where it hurts! hahahaha

As for the food for the day:
b: Multi grain cheerios with 2% milk
s: Cup of chopped apples and strawberries
l: smoked turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat sandwich rounds with
a side of popcorn
s: banana
d: salmon burger on a whole wheat bun with some brown rice

LindseyLou
02-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Diana – She’s fitting in alright. We’re so not used to a dog getting us up at 6am! That is different, as our old gal sleeps in. ;) But, she seems to be doing ok!

Debbie – You’re welcome! :hug:

Krampus – That is odd…weeping? :?: AWESOME workouts! :high:

Gaining – Congrats on your whoosh and resisting fast food!! :yay:

Shells – Thank you! :D How bad is the snow storm up there?? Maybe send the kids out for a bit to make snowmen! ;)

Vixsin – Yay for being sore…that means those muscles are workin and workin! :D

MzJuicy – Aww, that is a bummer! Darn men! :rollpin: Get all that frustration out in a gym!! It will feel so good! :D Great meal plan, btw!

novelistabac
02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Hello Everyone!

NYC is so gross! It's one big slushy disgusting freezing nightmarish mess and I absolutely hate leaving my house these days. GAH! Had to get that off my chest! I would love it if winter could just end NOW!

I'm still at 191...hoping for a pound to fly off me by weigh in tomorrow.

Lindsay YAY for the loss! I know what you mean about the appetite. Something is weird with mine too. Yesterday I ended the day with 7 WW points leftover.

Stacy This weather is horrible. Sorry to hear about your power :(

Diana Yay for the chemise! Looks lovely! :D:D

Diana LA Congrats on the 2.2 and for the extra pound today! :carrot:

Debbie Sending you and your hubby some POSITIVE thoughts :hug:

L R K
02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Arrrgh what a horrible day outside. We did get a helluva lot of snow but I still managed to get in to work... which was absolutely stupid because only 2 people in my department have shown up. So I am covering reception, the mail centre and building services all day today - yay for me.

Lot's to do so just a quick drop in.

Here is my plan for the day Weds 2/2/2011

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ natural PB and pure maple syrup

L - Sandwich w/ mock turkey slices, soy cheese, tomatoes, lettuce & veganaise on whole wheat bread + side salad + handful of fries

S - 1 small apple

D - Red Raddish Tabboleh

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

L R K
02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Lauren Hi Girl! :wave: Have you tried the sodas with stevia? I'm not sure if you have them there. As you probably know, stevia is an all natural sweetener. Take a look http://www.zevia.com/

Thanks for the info Diana. I will look into these.

shellsbrood
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Actually, it's not the kiddos who are stressing me out, it's this house. I feel like one of Cinderella's ugly step sisters who are trying to shove their too big feet in a too tiny glass slipper. And I'm Drizella, because I'm being ugly about it today.

Dh is in our bedroom working (so that's off limits) and the kids are working at the kitchen table which is smack dab in the middle of my kitchen. So, I'm skirting the table to try and get to anything in the kitchen. The livingroom looks like it exploded, because all the junk in our spare room is in there now. I've been going through it all trying to declutter.

The spare room holds all the children's toys now. I had to take it out of their room, because there's no room for anything else in there. The boy's room is so tiny, it looks like a walk-in closet. Their room is only 9x7. Their beds are against opposing walls and when I walk between them, my hips touch both beds. And they have no room for anything else in there. At all.

I have said to my dh over and over again that we have to move. We desperately need a bigger place. We moved in here when we only had two children. It was with the thought in mind that we'd be in here for three years while building our dream home. That didn't happen and this August, we'll have been here for five years.

So, I have all this clutter out here and no where to put it. Our tiny closets are stuffed full. My mom left a bunch of her stuff here when she went to college and I have no where to put it! (I feel bad for her, because my dad left her, so she has no home) We have no basement, no attic. I'd love to just chuck everything, but we do need clothes/vacuum/shoes/ect.

So, I'm a bit overwhelmed and frustrated. I want out of here, but dh is so consumed with work, he doesn't see how hard it is to make this work day after day. I explain it to him, he's sympathetic, but then he gets wrapped up in work again. He wants to get out of here too, but puts no effort into it at all. I have come up with plan after plan and present it to him and he keeps telling me it won't work. I've offered to go back to work to help with finances, but after checking daycare prices, we'd actually save more money with me at home.

Sorry...I really didn't want to vent and whine to you guys. But, I feel trapped and hate that feeling. I love my children and wouldn't trade them for the world! We just need room to live comfortably. :)

Vixsin
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Aww Shells!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

You vent anytime you need to! That's what we're here for! I'm sorry things are weighing heavy on you today. When I feel like that, I have myself a good ole fashioned purge party! I get out the black trash bags and head into closets and spaces that haven't seen the light of day in too long and start tossing out what I can. If the box is taped up and hasn't been opened since I moved in, it goes, sight unseen. Although it's only my DS and I, I've had to do it a couple times already. It is amazing the amount of "stuff" you accumulate in such a short time.

I'm sure things will get better for you soon. :hug: I'll be sending you :goodvibes: for a plan to come together for a bigger place. :)

LindseyLou
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Novel - Isn't that odd...we sometimes struggle to meet our calories for the day? The old me would have had no problem! :o

Shells - :hug: I'm sorry my dear!!! It does sound like you guys are certainly cramped! And it's hard when you have an issue and you even take the time and effort to come up with a plan and the DH kinda "blows it off." :( My DH has done that many times, it's so frustrating! Maybe he will see the light!! Here's another hug for you! :hug:

jomatho
02-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Aw, Shells, I feel for you! You are probably a person that likes things orderly too, so I am sure it drives you nuts! Is there money for a small storage unit for the time being? Maybe Mom could help pay for it?
Are you pretty creative with finding unused spaces?

helen73
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm a bit stressed b/c the gym is closed today due to weather. I've been getting addicted to the routine so I don't like to miss 1 day b/c I fear it'll turn into 2 and so on. I did snowblow for 1 1/2 hrs and shovel for 45 mins. It's still snowing so I'll have more exercise. Logically, I know I'm burning just as many cals doing that but it still gives me stress.

shellsbrood
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Vixsin--Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing today, purging! Ironically, I've decided to do it during a snow storm, so I can't get it out of the house. :rolleyes: Thanks for the hugs and the vibes!

Lindsey--He just found my crying in the kitchen, so I think he saw the light a bit. He hugged me and promised we'll get out of here. That he'll find a way to make it work, because he can't stand seeing me fall apart like this. He redeemed himself a little... ;)

Thanks, jomatho. I am a bit of a control freak. :^: Living in clutter and mess stresses me out to no end. I am pretty creative, but I'm running out of ideas.

As for my mom, she's paying for school out of pocket and is stretched pretty thin. She's had such a rough life with my dad, bless her, that I try to make things as easy for her as possible. A few years ago, my dad went to prison. He was a police officer, so of course there was a huge media frenzy over it. My family was devastated. They've all moved away from this town, except for us. I want to, but dh has a good job here, so it's hard for him to leave that. Right after my dad went to jail, my very best friend in the world died of a sudden brain aneurysm. She was 29 and had five children. To say that I went into a four year depression would be an understatement. That's where the whole weight gain happened. My father destroyed my family. I was so miserable, I wouldn't even move off the couch.

I'm finally in a much better place, but I think things out of my control stress me out, because of my history. And why I secretly hate living here. And, like I said with my mom, I feel that I need to protect her above all. She's finally happy and it's so nice to see that.

I don't know why I told y'all that. I hope that wasn't too heavy on this very snowy Wednesday. :o

Eurydice
02-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. My best thoughts are headed your way. :hug:

shells--heavy post indeed, but that's never a problem. Everyone needs support, and this is the kind of stuff that will affect weight gain/loss and overall happiness. I hope you figure out something to do about the tiny space.

Speaking of heavy topics, this is probably more appropriate for the depression board, but I feel it's relevant to mention that my anxiety and depression issues have heightened over the last week, most definitely triggered by the stress of starting classes. It's making it hard to care about my food choices, though easier not to binge, if that makes sense. I'm too preoccupied to eat three meals in a row, but when I want food, I want something quick, easy, readily available, and preferably comforting.

Anyway, I was over my calories yesterday because I had some dessert after my dinner at that vegan restaurant. It wasn't too bad, though. Today, I had a couple donuts for breakfast :o Should be able to work it into my calorie limit, though. I had a big salad for lunch. Diana, there are indeed healthier choices in the cafeteria, but things like salads cost a lot more than their cheese-on-cheese pasta yuckiness. I typically go grocery shopping for meal plan alternatives, but I've been too busy to get to the store (gotta take the bus...so it's an all-day adventure). :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great, on-plan day.

jomatho
02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Shells, I think talking about that will definately help your weight loss. Those kind of things really do affect you physically. I am glad you are doing better and you Mom is on her way to reinventing her life. You are a good daughter! Maybe when your Mom graduates, she will get a good job and a place to live with lots of storage you can borrow :D.

debbieOBX
02-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Awww Shells :hug: Vent all ya want to!

GainingWeightInLa
02-02-2011, 02:35 PM
jomatho I may have asked you this before, but how long has it taken for you to lose your 20 lbs? You are taller than I am, but we started at close to the same weight. I'm at 14 lbs lost now. So ready to get to the weight you are now...and below, of course! :lol: You're doing GREAT! :yay:

jomatho
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Gaining, it's taken FOREVER! No, I'm kidding. I started "unofficially" on Dec. 1

Dec. 1 to Dec 24 I lost 6-7 pounds, just adding exercise, eating less
Dec 24 to Jan 10 I lost 4-5 pounds, just eating less
Jan 10 to Feb 2 I lost 8 pounds, "officiallly started", counting calories, strict exercise and joining 3FC

Funny thing is, since I started being strict (Jan 10), the weight was coming off much slower than in Dec, and I was like WTH? But I kept at it and now it is coming off at a good constant rate. I had to find the balance of exercise and calories my body wants. I think I was eating too little and exercising too hard.

So the short answer to your question is it has taken me 2 months. I just had to point out, I wasn't as committed in the beginning as I am now ;) This site has been the answer I was looking for all my adult life. I have always had all the tools and know-how, I just didn't have the daily inspiration and support this site has given me. I am unstoppable at this point.
Glad to be on this journey with you!

jomatho
02-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Eurydice, sounds like a frustrating situation. I am not sure how to help you. If you can afford it, get the salads and healthier options and cut something else out of the budget, pops, drinks, water? There's got to be a way. Or maybe make sure you get to the grocery store at least once or twice a month, buy things that are nonperishable that you can bring with you to supplement some healthy cafeteria sides? Just do the best you can :hug:

GainingWeightInLa
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM
jomatho AWESOME! I'm inspired now! I'm soooo close to my very first goal that I set for myself (on my ticker) I can taste it!!

I have to share what I had for lunch. It was incredible! I took two slices of Sara Lee light wheat bread (90 calories for 2 slices), put a little Promise FF buttery spread on each slice (on the outside), 2 slices of 2% American cheese slices in the middle to make a sandwich. I sprinkled the outside (buttered part) with garlic powder and lite salt. I put it in my toaster oven until the bread was toasted and the cheese was melted. IT WAS TO DIE FOR!!! 190 calories! The down side.....I could eat 5 of them! lol It was almost like garlic cheesy bread from a pizza place! It's a new favorite! :D

Another bad thing....I've had most of my calories already today. I think I have 380 left for the entire rest of the day. :( I've been bored at home and have eaten really well for both breakfast AND lunch. :lol: I was starving this morning......kinda felt a bad day coming....it's not a total waste yet though. Hoping I can go over by not a lot. :shrug:

Hope everyone else is having a GREAT day!

cincimini
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Evening ladies!
Finally getting time to do some personals...

shells - :hug:I totally get the "claustrophobic" feeling of being crowded in a small space...especially if kids are involved :lol: .

jomatho - Congrats on your success! You are doing great. :carrot:

helen - I can relate. I too get a bit stressed when my M/W/F gym routine gets out of whack. I know myself and my (almost) complete lack of discipline, so it's super easy for me to just stop going. So far, I've always made myself go back within a few days though... ;)

Vixsin - Great job on the gym!! :carrot:

MzJuicy - Sounds like you've got just the thing to motivate you for the gym... at least that good will come out of that ... idiot :D

Diana, Pint and all the others - HI! :wave:

Sorry for all of you suffering from snow storms and power outs. That sucks. :hug:

Anyway, having a good week at work (finally manage to move my big project along a bit!) and had a good workout at the gym (40mins cardio plus weights). So that's been good. Weighed in at -1lb for a grand total of 246.4 :carrot:.
Food intake was for today:
B - 2 slices of crisp bread with cream cheese and jam (getting tired of it but always too lazy to do anything else :carrot::o)
S - Latte
L - Spaghetti with veggies; apple and a bite-sized candy bar
S - Latte (seriously getting addicted to caffeine)
D - Rice and red pepper stir-fry with 1 tbsp of peanut satay

Now just hanging out, trying to get another job app out and watching the drama in Egypt unfold. Keeping my fingers crossed it all ends well...

PS: Just wanted to give a big shout out to the Moby songs on my ipod "gym" playlist. Wouldn't be able to survive cardio without them! :lol:

stacygee
02-02-2011, 03:48 PM
DebbieOBX- somehow I missed the post about your husband... went back and found it. I am sorry. I'll pray for a succesfful surgery and quick recovery. You keep doing good too!

DianaLA: Your cheese sandwich sounds delightful...good thing I am trying to give up cheese for the month!

Helen73: My gym was closed too. I did however get a workout at my moms house. She is 3 miles down the road but had electricity. So I walked her treadmill and rode her bike about 40 minutes and did some planks.

Shells: I know about that confinement. For so many years I wanted a bigger house... now I wish I could go back to the small one! This big house sucks money straight out of our wallet and is practically impossible to get it clean all at one time. But when my husband works at home it is good b/c his "office" is in a detached guest house.

Looking forward to hearing from some friends!

Jomatho: I believe all the weight loss slows down after the initial weight loss... but you are doing great!

Eurydice: I hope everything gets better for you soon! You are not alone!

LindseyLou
02-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Helen – I think it sounds like you did excellent exercising (snow blowing & shoveling)!! I wouldn’t stress! :D

Shells – Awww, I’m sorry you were crying, but glad to hear that he made a promise to you!!! :hug: “I am a bit of a control freak. Living in clutter and mess stresses me out to no end. I am pretty creative, but I'm running out of ideas.” THIS is SO me!!!!! I swear I go behind my husband when he gets home and straighten up his shoes, pick up his clothes…I’m silly like that. :dizzy: After he takes a shower he always leaves the shower curtain open and it drives me crazy! When he makes the bed he just throws the pillows on top...I of course, straighten them up so it looks pretty. You’re NOT alone!!
“As for my mom, she's paying for school out of pocket and is stretched pretty thin. She's had such a rough life with my dad, bless her, that I try to make things as easy for her as possible. A few years ago, my dad went to prison. He was a police officer, so of course there was a huge media frenzy over it. My family was devastated. They've all moved away from this town, except for us. I want to, but dh has a good job here, so it's hard for him to leave that. Right after my dad went to jail, my very best friend in the world died of a sudden brain aneurysm. She was 29 and had five children. To say that I went into a four year depression would be an understatement. That's where the whole weight gain happened. My father destroyed my family. I was so miserable, I wouldn't even move off the couch.

I'm finally in a much better place, but I think things out of my control stress me out, because of my history. And why I secretly hate living here. And, like I said with my mom, I feel that I need to protect her above all. She's finally happy and it's so nice to see that.” I’m so sorry hun! I seriously wish I could hug you through the computer! They need to figure out a way to do that! :hug:

Eury – Awww! :hug: I think you’re doing great hun! The fact that any of us can resist food, even the slightest bit or limit the amount is amazing! Just always compare yourself to your old self. Look how far you’ve come! I always wonder what the old me would do, then I feel better even if I did go over on calories. “things like salads cost a lot more than their cheese-on-cheese pasta yuckiness” I NEVER understand this! It kind of makes me mad honestly. :mad:

shellsbrood
02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Eurydice--I definitely understand where you're coming from. :hug:

Lindsey--Omgoodness...that whole shower curtain thing is me too!! I keep closing it and he keeps leaving it open! :lol:

So, I took my frustrations out on digging us out of the storm. I took some pictures and I'll have to upload them to show y'all. It's crazy how much snow we got! I shoveled for 3 hours (spark people told me I burned over 1700 calories...yeah, right!) and had to shovel snow off our roof. It was to my knees already and we didn't want it caving in our roof.

It's funny how perspective can change so quickly. My too small house suddenly looked so much bigger when I had to shovel the snow off of it. :lol:

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 06:29 PM
It's funny how perspective can change so quickly. My too small house suddenly looked so much bigger when I had to shovel the snow off of it. :lol:

I just came here to read some posts. That is SO true! :hug: I wish I could do something to help. I wish I could send some :sunny: and warm temperatures to melt that mess for you.

LindseyLou
02-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Lindsey--Omgoodness...that whole shower curtain thing is me too!! I keep closing it and he keeps leaving it open! :lol:

So, I took my frustrations out on digging us out of the storm. I took some pictures and I'll have to upload them to show y'all. It's crazy how much snow we got! I shoveled for 3 hours (spark people told me I burned over 1700 calories...yeah, right!) and had to shovel snow off our roof. It was to my knees already and we didn't want it caving in our roof.

:rofl: That drives me nuts! Shut the darn curtain when you're done! That and when he doesn't shut a closet or cabinet door. I always wonder if his momma taught him to put things back as he found them? :lol:

That's great you got that workout in shoveling!! Upload pics! I bet the house does look bigger with the snow shoveled! ;)

Larry H
02-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Walked 1 mile today, weather threatening thunderstorm so I cut it short at 1 mile.

Had tuna sandwich for lunch with water pack tuna, 1/2 tbsp of Miracle Whip Light and I put it on whole wheat sugar free bread 50 cal per slice. added 3 small dill pickles 5 cal each. Drank Coffee black and no sweetner.

Dinner was chicken breast done with the George Foreman grill. Came out great and it sure cooks fast. 80 cal worth of Betty Crocker Creamy Butter Mashed Potatoes veg was 7 brussel sprouts. Drank water.

Total so far today 1003 cals. Will have a low cal snack about 100 cal this
evening.

Yea! Scale shows another pound loss. :carrot:

Larry,
-------------
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one."
-- C. S. Lewis

Sum38
02-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Doing well Larry!

Belly Buster
02-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Getting a late start on posts today...wow there are a lot!

Today we were REALLY lazy (feeling guilty after reading all the exercise and house purging that the rest of you did!:o) slept in and just sort of putzed all morning. Finally did get the laundry sorted and a few loads done and a couple other chores. Don't know how I missed out on the whole child labor thing... but they did help daddy with the snow shoveling so it wasn't all a bust.
Food wise:
oatmeal with raisins and sugar free jam
hummus and veggies

dinner was all screwy... I forgot to take out the chicken that I had planned for today and so it wasn't really thawed and of course it wasn't ready when the rest of dinner (and the diners) were... so we just had left overs and an assortment of things. I had cottage cheese, broccoli, and sweet potato fries.

Have a few points left so either I'll enjoy a glass of wine, or have one of the oatmeal cookies the husband made.

Diana~Isn't it a great feeling to see that you can start wearing things that you only admired before! You do look great and should be showing off your new shapely figure. Time to start enjoying shopping!

Larry~I had a George F. and LOVED it! I agree the cleaning was a pain. Mine died after many years of use so I am in the market for a new one and plan to buy the one with the removable plates. Made chicken, burgers, dogs, steaks. My oldest daughter loved to use it to make paninis. I like it because you don't need a lot of oil or butter. I do have a questions for you though... how many calories are you aiming for and how did you come to that number. I am looking at your weight and I am wondering if you shouldn't be taking on a few more calaries.

Shells~adding my support to your situation too. I remember how frustrating it was being in a small house. My kids were itty bitties then so not only did we have all the toys, but the baby seats and swings etc. Be in control of what you can. Maybe start looking at houses and getting some potentials to show DH. Maybe he is worried that you can't afford anything right now. There are lots of great deals around my neck of the woods and I am sure that is the case everywhere. Mom isn't the only one who deserves a new start. You have had a tough time of it too, and you also deserve an opportunity to have a new and happier life!!

Debbie~prayers for you and your DH. Hang in there!!

Eurydice~Sounds like an exciting time for you starting classes. Can you plan your menu the day before and make up your meals? On days I know that I won't have time to think or plan or even make good choices...if I put together my food items and menu (cut up the veggies, do all the cooking I can) and if necessary pack a lunch... I do so much better. Not only do I eat, which is a problem for me.... I don't eat then when I do I am so hungry I binge, but I eat whatever I can find and normally it isn't healthy! Good luck transitioning into your new routine!!

Well, I hear the dear one having to much fun while they are suppose to be getting ready for school and bed. Need to go and be the mean mommy! Everyone have a fabulous night!

LLBoldAsLove87
02-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey guys!

Got my wisdom teeth out today - OUCHY - but I have some amazing friends so I've had company pretty much all day, and they're all coming back in a bit to have a movie night :-)

So far today I've had:

Applesauce - 50 cals
Protein Shake w/blueberries - 200 cals
Tasti Dlite - 200 cals
Cottage Cheese w/splenda and cinnamon... 90 cals NEVER done the sweet cottage cheese thing and I LOVE it, this will definitely be a breakfast staple from now on!

Pretty full at the moment so my calories for the day will probably end up being pretty low. I have some stuff to make a berries/banna smoothie later if I'm up for it... but I'm pretty tired of sweet stuff. :-(

LindseyLou
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Larry - You're on fire!! :high:

Belly - Sounds like you did well today! :D

LLBold - Ouch! :( On a different note...that cottage cheese w/splenda and cinnamon sounds good. Might have to try that!

shellsbrood
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Thank you all for your kind replies. I really do think we will be getting out of here soon. Dh talked to me a bit and said he's ready and just as frustrated. He's just been so busy with work, he hasn't been able to communicate that as well. He now needs the laptop to continue working, so I'm adding my pictures quickly, before it gets snatched away again. ;)

If you can see our neighbor in red all the way over there, he's working on shoveling out of a wall of snow. Seriously, it was almost to his shoulders.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5212/5412136552_d65aac1f85.jpg

Our garage half buried:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/5411521793_d81d4496f9.jpg

There are steps under there somewhere:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5296/5412133820_b5460ff4f9.jpg

This is my son's sled. If you notice, right next to the sled is some brown showing which is our deck. The snow bank is level with our deck now (which is normally higher than I am).

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5217/5411519867_71ecd3edb3.jpg

Crazy stuff!

Oh, and a quick check in too! Calories today: 1,299

Pint Sized Terror
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Aww shells!! Vent away! You have my sympathies! We're living in a house consumed with clutter too! I just want to pitch everything and start over! LOL

I got my in-state license today! The woman working the desk today was MUCH more pleasant! So step one of many is now taken care of in my journey to the PD. :carrot: I need to get a concealed carry license, buy a gun and get some more practice in with a gun I will actually qualify with during police training. I HAVE to work on my pushups, situps and running. And on that note...

Unfortunately I totally BOOOOMBED today. I don't even remember everything I've eaten today. It was a blur of running everywhere and eating. For dinner alone I had a 9 inch fried shrimp sandwich with coleslaw and mayo, cucumber salad, 2 glazed doughnuts, 2 cups of chocolate milk and 2 handfuls of BBQ potato chips. :o:o:o:o Blah! I feel AWFUL. I'm also cramping and bloating, so I have a feeling TTOM is looming. Today the cramps were so bad I wanted to just lay in bed. :(

LindseyLou
02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Shells - Holy moly! That is a TON of snow!!!!!! :brr: I'm totally impressed you went out in that weather and cleared snow!!!

Pint - Glad you got your license!! That's awesome! :D Awww, tomorrow is a new day!

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Hi Everyone! Be safe in the snow/winter storms.

Sum I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Sebrider It sounds like you had a nice loss, even with the water. Great job!

Lindsey Congrats on the 148.8. I'm glad the new girl is fitting in. Ha Ha Remember about Sir Magnum waking me up at 7 on the weekend. :( Not good. I will just have to go to bed earlier in the weekends. :lol: He gets his way, I don't. :lol:

Debbie Hi :wave:

Berry Hi :wave:

Krampus I'm in awe of your workout! How are you feeling today?

Jomatho Have you ever tried the 550 calorie meals at Applebee's? I love the Portabello Grilled chicken meal. I also have had the Island Shrimp (that was before I found out that I am allergic to shellfish. :() That one is very good, too. Here's their items in that category. http://www.applebees.com/Menu_Under550.aspx

Diana(LA) My bad days are really bad. I try to avoid them as much as possible. ;) :lol: Great job on the 2.2 pounds! :yay:

Vixsin Great job on the workout!

MzjuicyD Sorry about the guy! That's going to be one heck of a Kickboxing class! ;)

Novelista Sorry about the snow and weather. Here's some sunshine for you, too. :sunny:

Lauren Did you find out anything about the natural diet sodas? Maybe you have something similar in your area.

Helen Wow, dealing with the snow was probably enough of a workout. I wouldn't sweat it.

Eurydice It doesn't make sense that the biggest pile of crap food costs pennies, but the healthy stuff is more expensive. I see that in the restaurants we go to. A plain grilled chicken breast and 2 veggies are more expensive than an elaborate meal. Doesn't make sense.

Cincimini I like my caffeine fix, too. ;)

Shells Yikes on the pictures! Is it suppose to warm up anytime soon?

Larry Great job on that pound! :carrot:

Belly Hi :wave:

LLBoldAsLove Everything still OK with the extractions. :yay: For the friends keeping you company!

Pint Congrats on the license. I'm not sure if you mentioned, will you have to do any type of PT when you apply for the PD?

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Total Approx 1480 Calories + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (740 Calories)
Bread w/butter 120 calories
Pork Tenderloin 400 calories
2 Orders steamed Veggies 220 calories

Exercise
~TF HIIT 30
~Better Booty Camp from 10 Min Sol Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (this was 10 min of lowerbody)
~Lower Body Makeover from 10 Min Sol Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (this was 10 min of lowerbody)
~Belly Flab Fighter w/Fitstix (10 min upper body & I felt it in my abs)

Larry H
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Kim,

After reading many shares from men and women and having many past experiences with calorie counting I choose a daily goal of 1500 calories.

My excercise is not strenuous and with a severe arthritic hip I doubt it ever will be.
I am able to walk 3 miles at about 3 MPH.

I have been at ths calorie level since I started 1/6/11 and I am now accustomed to that calorie level. No hunger or cravings yet.
For my age and weight my BMR is currently 2241

Larry, :coffee:
-------------
It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory. ~W. Edwards Deming

stacygee
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Diana- I had Pork tenderloin for dinner, too!

Diana3271
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Diana- I had Pork tenderloin for dinner, too!

Was your good too? :D I really look forward to my meals now. ;)

Belly Buster
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Thought I would just jump back on real quick and add my workout to the day. 20 min on the bowflex. Upped my weight to 30lbs so I probably will be sore tomorrow. I am a big wimp when it comes to soreness, so I have been doing only 20lbs since starting last month. After reading what some of you are doing for your workouts, I was inspired to go for more. Didn't get a walk in today, but will shoot for doing that in the a.m. Kiddos have another snow day tomorrow (DH is mad...he is an asst. principal and his school isn't closed yet), so maybe we will go sledding in all this new snow we have! I'll get a big workout there! Sleep tight!!

Pint Sized Terror
02-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Diana- Yep. There is PT. Mostly running, pushups and situps. I'm decent enough at all of them so if I really push hard I can meet their requirements now, but I'm working on them so I won't have to worry about it. I have until July. :D

Eurydice
02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
shells, oh wowwww that is a lot of snow! I'm always saying I miss it, but then I see pictures like that and realize that there are advantages to living nearer to the equator...

Thanks for the sympathy and suggestions, everyone. Belly Buster, I think you're onto something there. I'll probably have an easier time not being compulsive if I plan my meals out more than five minutes in advance. I've been avoiding it because I don't want to feel too restrained, and therefore obsessive, but I think I'll try what I've seen many people suggest around these forums, which is having a bunch of substitutable meals in the same calorie range, so I've got some room for impulsiveness.

I think I might try to start posting what foods I'm actually eating now, since my sense accountability's been, er, declining. So today:

1.5 donuts, coffee (black)
Sliver of pizza, giant salad (no dressing)
Veggie sub (slice of cheese, ton of veggies, oregano and vinegar), Doritos :o
<1/2 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats with almond milk
Pineapple chunk
slightly <2 Starbucks skinny hazelnut lattes
Total calories: ~1660 (160 over goal, could be worse)
Exercise: nap :rofl: oh I'm so funny /sarcasm

Yeah, no critique necessary, my fake-food count is way up and my real-food count is way low. And a fistful of pineapple, while delicious, is not a lot of fruit. I think my mentality today was, "I'm on the verge of a panic attack, I need comfort food." Need to work on that...and exercise. Which helps depression and anxiety. No binging still! Better off than I was a couple months ago.

Anyone watch The Simpsons? When I get frustrated, I tend to think of Marge's annoyed-sound. I wish I could make that sound. I would make it at today's menu.

Diana3271
02-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave: We've made it over the hump and the weekend is in sight!

Andejean
02-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Shells, our house is a gigantic clutter collection too. We don't have kids, but have 2 large dogs and three cats running through it... A few months ago we had a friend move in, he was having a hard time, and needed a place to stay. Well, with him came ALL his stuff, most of which is electronic, meaning it can;t be outside in the storage shed, so it is piled in our livingroom. Add to that that his room used to be my craftroom, so all of that is in my bedroom now. Also, we're remodeling the upstairs, so all the stuff that was up there is now, well I don't know where it is, it's here somewhere, LOL. :hugs:

Doing pretty good I think, though we only went to the gym Monday. We were supposed to go yesterday, but it was blizzardish, LOL. Today is a negative windchill, so we're skipping again today. -14 F is not conducive to a gym trip in my book. We are however going to take advantage of my boyfriends day off (he works construction, but not when it's this cold, LOL) and go into town and buy the insulation for the upstairs ceiling. I'll be glad to see the heating bills once that is done up there, LOL.

As for my measure in for the month, I've consistently gone down all over, except for my hips, but I have a strong feeling I'm mis-measuring... it is impossible to always remember EXACTLY where that measuring tape goes... LOL. On the plus note, I have since decided that the fact that my underwear is falling down is not due to poor quality, I'm just wearing a size too big... hmmm.. maybe it was the 14 lbs I've lost so far, LOL. I think I'm going to skip the pricey VS panties for now and wait to buy them until I reach goal. Until then, hanes will do fine. LOL

Have a great day, I'm going back to bed now. I got up with my boyfriend when he called in to see if they wanted him to freeze his tucas off this morning. The boss didn't want to be out in that cold, so now we get to go back to bed! :D YAY!

Sum38
02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Jo I went to Applebee’s with kids a few weeks ago and ordered the shrip and rice dish. It was yuck. Maybe it was just that particular restaurant, but my shrimp was so tough and it felt they cooked em an hour. – Never again 

Diana – 2.2 pounds! That is awesome! It really motivates agains junk food eating doesn’t it!

Shells – Winter and all this snow can be so trying. And even when kids go outside they come back in and all that winter gear all over the place….makes everything so cluttered. Could you rent some storage place? They are not that expensive, and maybe your mom’s stuff could go there and off season clothes, bikes….

Vixsin – You go girl!

Lauren – Wow, you went to work!! Impressive. Here in MI everyone stayed at home. Hubby already stayed at home on Tuesday…lol…he has a long commute (at least one hour each way) and he tried to work out of the house as much as he can… BTW…love your avi….my I dog crazy 

Helen – I hear you! I am upset that we keep getting so much snow and my walking paths are impossible….argh!

Eurydice – (HUG)

LL – Ouch; feel better!!

Pint - congrats!

Diana3271 – You are an inspiration! Very nice meal day!

Sum38
02-03-2011, 08:25 AM
I am even sicker today than yesterday. This sucks! Kids have another snow day.

I stepped on scale and it was up 2.5 pounds.:(:mad: I ate some jambalaya husband made, and it was loaded with sodium. I have also just slept and slept.

krampus
02-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Augh, I blew it this evening when I was out to dinner. I didn't resort to chocolates or candy or cookies but I just picked at a bunch of stuff I wasn't planning (communal snacks are the devil) and then ate like 400 calories worth of soybeans just because they were there. I feel gross and full and I expect at least a 2 lb gain in the morning.

Breakfast - 105
-2 yogurts, 105

Lunch - 580
-Sushi w/some sesame oil, 540
-Strawberries and mini tomatoes, 40

Snack - 210
-4 small pc. fried chicken (bite size) and a strawberry

Dinner - over 1000 >_<
-Wrap: chicken, a little cheese, salsa, 350
-Nibbles/grazes of the following: cheese fries, beans, chicken tendons, ???
-TOO MANY SOYBEANS, 400

Exercise
-40 minute run

Calorie Total for today: around 2000 but possibly (probably) more

stacygee
02-03-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't have time for personals... I guess I am just coming to confess. I had 2 pieces of cinnamon toast and then a big bowl of cheerios last night at about 9. I am so mad at myself and need a little encouragement. I haven't done that nighttime eating in almost 6 months.

of course I am up another pound. Up 2 pounds in 2 days. I am starting to feel like I can't do this any longer...

Diana3271
02-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't have time for personals... I guess I am just coming to confess. I had 2 pieces of cinnamon toast and then a big bowl of cheerios last night at about 9. I am so mad at myself and need a little encouragement. I haven't done that nighttime eating in almost 6 months.

of course I am up another pound. Up 2 pounds in 2 days. I am starting to feel like I can't do this any longer...

Stacy YOU CAN DO THIS! You are just hitting a rough patch. Talk to yourself when you are faced with the night time eating. Positive self talk! Ask yourself if you will feel better after eating the food. Ask yourself if that food will change your life. The feeling you feel while eating the food, how long will it last? That feeling is for seconds or minutes at the most. How long will you feel good about the good choices you have been making? That feeling lasts a lot longer. Think about how you feel now vs. how you felt 69 pounds ago. You can do this. I don't want to hear that you can't! :hug:

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 10:08 AM

You CAN do this!! Everybody has these days/nights of snacking. It makes us human. Last night I'll confess I had a little extra soup and bread at dinner. And later on had a bite of noodles the hubby was eating. Don't stress. You've come this far and you CAN do it!! :hug:

debbieOBX
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Stacy YOU can do this! Yes you can! OK one little slip at 9PM, get over it, and dive right back in today. You have conquered the 200 lb monster, and You will conquer the rest! I'm here if you need me sweetie.
deb:hug:

GainingWeightInLa
02-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Oh stacygee....:(.....girl, you can SOOOOO do this! You already have come SOO far!! Don't back out now! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and climb back in that saddle! Don't let yourself leave here, most importantly! Speaking out of experience, if you leave here you WILL most likely fail. (Not because we're great like that, but because we all need the accountability) Stay strong, girl! And don't talk yourself into leaving here. NO FOOD tastes as good as losing that extra weight feels. Post it on your fridge and your food cabinets....or post something else that motivates you.....maybe pics of yourself when you were 69 lbs heavier (especially ones where you were stuffing food in your mouth, if you have them)....anything for motivation! You can do this....you WILL overcome this! We all have all the faith in the world in you! :)

berryblondeboys
02-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Despite my son being home sick, I got exercise in. THAT is my ultimate goal actually - to fit exercise in EVERY day. When I do - the weight comes off.

So, yesterday I ate 1500 calories and did 70 minutes of Walk It Out and racked up 21500 steps for 6.3 miles.

GainingWeightInLa
02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
After my snackiness yesterday, I don't know how but I am down another .4 this morning to 221.0! I'm shocked and amazed. I didn't seriously go over my calories, but I did go over. I was afraid to calculate by how much, but I'm figuring 150-ish over. I ate mostly crap yesterday. :( But I just tried not to overdo it too badly. My motivation? I thought about how much junk I was probably gonna want to eat for superbowl on Sunday.....otherwise, I probably would've had an out of control day yesterday. :lol: I'm glad I thought ahead about superbowl. Now I hope I just don't want any junk food on Sunday.....maybe I'll just not have any junk food for the game. :)

Anyway, have a good day everyone.

Stacygee, I'll be thinkin about you today and saying little prayers for ya, girl! :) :hug:

debbieOBX
02-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Good Morning everyone~
We both slept well last night, we were so exhausted. Thank you everyone for Your warm thoughts, prayers and love.

I did OK yesterday, i finished at about 1000 calories, but more carbs then i like to have. LOL Gosh i wonder if ill ever get this right. lol

All my meals were eaten at home and that helps a lot. I even cooked a family turkey dinner and was in control last night.

The scales show me up a bit, but I'm sure its salt and that 'fast food' But I'm going to keep trying!

Have a healthy day, debbie

debbieOBX
02-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Despite my son being home sick, I got exercise in. THAT is my ultimate goal actually - to fit exercise in EVERY day. When I do - the weight comes off.

So, yesterday I ate 1500 calories and did 70 minutes of Walk It Out and racked up 21500 steps for 6.3 miles.

Welcome! All i can say is WOW, thats a lot of miles. I need to stop whining!:D

berryblondeboys
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Welcome! All i can say is WOW, thats a lot of miles. I need to stop whining!:D

Thanks... well, it's walking in place. I'm SURE it doesn't count for as much as 'really' walking. Next week (I hope) I'll be getting a treadmill and I'll start walking on that while doing the video and then we'll see how much more effort it is. This Wii game has been good though, because it has built up my stamina over the last month by a lot. Soon, I'll be ready to tackle some more heart pumping videos.

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Gaining - Awesome work! Congrats on 221! :yay: You're on fire!

Debbie - Cooking at home makes a huge difference. We rarely eat out, I definitely think it helps keep me in control!

Berry - WOW, 6.3 miles!! What kind of pedometer do you have? I'm thinking of getting one.

berryblondeboys
02-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Berry - WOW, 6.3 miles!! What kind of pedometer do you have? I'm thinking of getting one.

It's a Wii Fit game called Walk It Out. You walk in place on the balance board or with the nunchuck and wiimote. Or, it can be used with the Dance revolution pad. So, it keeps track of your steps/miles for you. Of course, this is NOT like really walking 6.3 miles as it's all in place, but it gets me moving and my heart pumping as I've dropped all the slower songs. Next week when I get the treadmill, I'll see how it compares to real walking versus walking in place.

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Berry - Sounds cool. I think that would be like "real" walking. I'd count it as that! :D

novelistabac
02-03-2011, 10:59 AM

STACY!! Don't give up! You can do it! Look how far you have come already! CHIN UP!!!

novelistabac
02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
HI ALL!

I'm jumping for joy today!! :carrot: Down 1.6 for my weigh in this morning....I AM IN THE 180s...189.4 to be exact.

My goal is to stay on plan ALL weekend. That could prove difficult since I am going to a houswarming tomorrow night. Maybe I'll put in an extra work out.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

shannonmb
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Mind if I join you ladies? I haven't lost in 2 weeks and I'm getting frustrated, even though I've lost 10 lbs total for January. When I read something like that from other people, I think, "wait for the whoosh, weight loss is not always linear, you've lost 10 lbs this month, yada yada yada". I know all this is true, but I want to keep myself totally accountable to be sure I'm still on the right track!

Yesterday:

EXERCISE:

Exercised for 45 minutes, intervals of light weights/calistenics and cardio -- really stepping up my workouts this month and really proud of it! BUT, spent a lot of the rest of the day snowed/iced in (daughter and hubby both had snow days as well), so how much did exercising accomplish if I'm going to sit on my butt the rest of the day? I can't wait till SPRING when we can be out and about!

DIET:

Breakfast:

1 whole wheat pita 100 calories
1 egg cooked in pam with veggies ~75 calories
1 yoplait light with blueberries ~150

Total: 325

Lunch:

1 whole wheat pita 100
5 oz fresh turkey breast ~ 150
1/4 avocado 70
3 cherry tomatoes 25
1 tbsp green goddess dressing ~65
Large bowl of homemade turkey noodle soup ~350?
1 med apple 75

Total: 835

Dinner:

5 turkey meatballs with reduced sodium/sugar free spaghetti sauce ~350
1 med potato baked in wedges with pam and Mrs. Dash 160
LOTS of brussels sprouts (3 cups?) 180
2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream 50

Total: 740

Daily total: 1900

Okay, lunch was more than I imagined. I have been doing this pretty loosy goosy till now and losing well, but you CAN at +/- 300lbs. I like a calorie range of 1400-2000, but lately I must admit there are less 1400s and more 2000s than at the beginning. PORTION CREEP! How would I even know if I'm not figuring it up daily?!

I am proud of the changes I have made in my diet, and of my progress thus-far. But I am absolutely willing and able to start tracking more closely if necessary and tweaking. I've told myself that from the beginning!!! I think it's time!!!!

Vixsin
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM
And I had a HUGE bounce up this morning of 2.2lbs to 216.6 :eek: I was expecting the gain yesterday after all of the exercise. I am so incredibly sore from shoveling. I could only do half of my sidewalk yesterday. So I'll have to do the other half today. Admittedly, I was snackier than usual yesterday and my day was heavier carbs than normal. I'm not scared though, I'm going to the gym today. I have to shovel today too so that'll take care of my upper body work. The scale will get moving again. I'm not skerrrrd! :lol:

Diana3271
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
shannonmb Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Vixsin You are so letting that scale know who is in charge! :carrot:

debbieOBX
02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Breanne Way to go!!! ~dances around with Breanne~I like what you said about staying on track for the rest of the week. I mean, sometimes my goal is to just be healthy for the next hour, or evening, or day or week. Its a lot easier to be healthy One day at a time, then thinking i have another 20 years of being healthy and perfect. LOL Kinda like i can't lost 40 lbs, BUT i can lose 10 lbs 4 times. ;)

Vixie LOL I'm not skeeered eighter!

Shannon Welcome!

debbieOBX
02-03-2011, 11:21 AM
:cheer:Cheering Diane on for her next .6 lb loss!:cheer:

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Novel - That's awesome!! :D Congrats!

Shannon - :welcome3: Congrats on your WL thus far! Sounds like your workouts are awesome! You'll see the scale move again soon! :D

Vixsin - Darn scale! :rolleyes: You'll see the scale move again soon! :D

L R K
02-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

So I had handed in my gym registration package today and did my fitness assessment so I am already to start on Monday! Yay. My physio recommends me starting off with something that is low impact, just so I don't do anything to my back, so I am probably going to start with the elliptical and adjust week by week depending on my progess.

Here is my plan for the day Thurs 2/3/2011

B - 1 WW multi-grain thin bun with natural PB + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 banana

L - Whole wheat spaghetti w/ pasta sauce and ground soy (I added a ton of extra veggies to the sauce)

S - 1 small apple + 1.5oz dry-roasted cashews, un-salted

D - Stir-Fry w/ mock chicken in a sesame based marinade + kale and broccoli on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

L R K
02-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Lauren - BTW…love your avi….my I dog crazy

Thanks, that's my furbaby Kammi, she's the cutest! :D

Larry H
02-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Stacy,

You can do it, we are all rooting for for you. :carrot:

Larry,
-----------
There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. ~Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, 1820

shellsbrood
02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Lauren--I love that picture of Kammi. She looks like such a happy pup! :D

Lindsey--Great job on getting that 10 page paper done. Wow! How's the running going?

Vixsin--With all that shoveling, I bet you used muscles that don't normally get a work out and now they're retaining all that fluid to repair themselves. You tell that scale who's boss!

Shannon--I love tracking my calories too, because those calories do sneak up on me! I'd hate to know what I was consuming before I started calorie counting. :fr: And welcome!

Breanne--Congrats on the loss!!

Berry--Walk It Out can make me sweat a lot, especially if I go into the settings and put it to fast songs only. I do find myself a bit skeptical on their calorie burned estimation. It always seems so high.

Debbie--I've been doing this since Sept and I still struggle to find the right balance. :dizzy:

Diana(LA)--Oooh, still a loss! You go girl!

Diana--LS and I had a date this afternoon. ;) I think I'm going to stick with her for the next few days. She says in this DVD that it's the workout to do to lose inches and bust through plateaus. My weight is creeping down, so I don't consider myself on a plateau anymore, but hey...any little bit helps, right? :D

Stacy--That slip isn't a big one at all. You've come so far and I know you can keep on keeping on. :D Just think of how we used to snack before our healthy lifestyle changes. I would have eaten a bunch of sweets, chips, or something and only stopped until I gorged myself silly. Toast and cheerios aren't that bad at all. And, as someone once told me, it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. In the last two days, you haven't eaten 7,000 more calories than you've burned to create two pounds of fat. So, take heart...it's just a normal fluctuation and probably just water. :hug:

Again, thank you everyone for your kind words and support, yesterday. I was having a very down day and y'all brightened it up. Thanks! :grouphug:

berryblondeboys
02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Berry--Walk It Out can make me sweat a lot, especially if I go into the settings and put it to fast songs only. I do find myself a bit skeptical on their calorie burned estimation. It always seems so high.

I don't pay attention to their calories burned - no way is that right. I've just gone through the play list and eliminated all songs under 130 beats per minute. I think I'll eliminate under 140 tonight... though might keep BOOM BOOM Pow! as I like it and so does my 5 year old.

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 04:07 PM
NSV alert! :D I tried on a size 6 pants and they fit!!!! :woohoo: They are a tad tight in the tummy region, but they fit perfectly on my thighs and rear!

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Shells - Yeah, that 10 page paper was killer!! So glad it's done! Running is going good. My right knee is bothering me again. :( I haven't ran this week because of it. I've been focusing more on weights and Pilates. How is the running going with you?

cincimini
02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Linds - WOOHOOO! Great job and congrats :carrot:.

Lauren - Good job getting the gym registration in. You're ready to start through!

Vixsin - Sorry for your gain, but it'll come off before you know it with all that shoveling :hug:

Shannon - Welcome :hug:. Portion creep, I like that - suffering from the same problem :rolleyes:. The only thing that helps is portion weighing, portion weighing, portion weighing...

novelista - Woohoo! Congrats on your low! :carrot:

Well, another no-gym day as I was working for 12 hours and simply didn't FEEL like it :o. Still on track for my M/W/F routine though.
Food intake for today was:
B - 2 slices of bread with cream cheese and jam
S - Latte with skim milk, no sugar
L - Plain low-fat yogurt with blueberries and 4tbs grape nuts, bite-sized piece of candy
S - banana, 3 hard candies (is that what they are called? :?:)
D - 2 egg omelette with lean ham cubes (2 tbs) and cheese (1tbs), 1/2 slice of bread, coffee with skim milk

jomatho
02-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Just checking in, waiting to go get my hair cut, been stuck in this house for two days with the kiddos on snow days, so I look forward to getting out. My scale was kind to me today, down another 1.6 from yesterday!!!:carrot:. This may end up being my best week of weight loss to date, love that period after the period, if you know what I mean ;) (sorry Larry, TMI)! We will see how the rest of the week goes. I am so close to my first mini goal of 207# (10% weight loss)!!!:carrot:
Workout: 60 minutes treadmill with intervals to up the burn, baby
Eating: on plan, will up my calories 14-1600 to cover the workout.
Had a chocolate craving last night and enjoyed a dark chocolate cup of cocoa 60 calories and it was mmm mmm good! Will take magnesium today, have read there is a connection between chocolate cravings and magnesium deficiency. Anyone else heard that?
No time for personals, will check back later.

shellsbrood
02-03-2011, 04:26 PM
NSV alert! :D I tried on a size 6 pants and they fit!!!! :woohoo: They are a tad tight in the tummy region, but they fit perfectly on my thighs and rear!

That amaaaaaaaaazing, Lindsey!!! :woohoo: Jenna Fischer says she fluctuates between a size 4 and 6, so you're her size now!! :D

My running? Well, I can't find my treadmill and you saw pictures of my street, so... Yeah... :^::lol:

I don't pay attention to their calories burned - no way is that right. I've just gone through the play list and eliminated all songs under 130 beats per minute. I think I'll eliminate under 140 tonight... though might keep BOOM BOOM Pow! as I like it and so does my 5 year old.

Hehe, I love BOOM BOOM Pow!

Hi, Cin!! :wave:

L R K
02-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Shells - Thanks! She is a very happy pup :D

Lindsey - Wow! Size 6, that's amazing and a well deserved NSV!!!! :yay:

cincim - It's weird I am actually looking forward to getting back to the gym, crazy stuff eh, especially coming from me!

jomatho - Great job losing 10% of your weight! Awesome :cp: Enjoy your haircut! Having my hair cut is one of my fave things to do, so relaxing having other people touch and make your hair look pretty :D

debbieOBX
02-03-2011, 05:31 PM
jomatho Congrats! And so close to ONDERLAND! I notice everyone's ticker. I want to be 202 lol.

Lindsey YOU rock!

Everyone Keep of the great work, eat healthy, exercise, and come push me off the couch.;)

GainingWeightInLa
02-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Today has been one of those days where you want to just go back home, cry, go back to bed and sleep til tomorrow when you can wake up and hope the do-over will produce a better day. I've thought several times about just going to the bathroom and ramming my finger down my throat to make myself puke so that hopefully this putrid feeling in the pit of my stomach (from nerves) will go away. Too much to go in to here.....I'm too mentally drained to even try....suffice it to say family relationships (in-laws included) and dealing with banks about the sale of our house (NOTHING EVER goes as planned!).....

I've done well eating though (a knot in your stomach will do that for ya, I guess).....maybe tomorrow will show something positive on the monster (the scales) and my day will just get better from there. Here's hoping!

debbieOBX
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Today has been one of those days where you want to just go back home, cry, go back to bed and sleep til tomorrow when you can wake up and hope the do-over will produce a better day. I've thought several times about just going to the bathroom and ramming my finger down my throat to make myself puke so that hopefully this putrid feeling in the pit of my stomach (from nerves) will go away. Too much to go in to here.....I'm too mentally drained to even try....suffice it to say family relationships (in-laws included) and dealing with banks about the sale of our house (NOTHING EVER goes as planned!).....

I've done well eating though (a knot in your stomach will do that for ya, I guess).....maybe tomorrow will show something positive on the monster (the scales) and my day will just get better from there. Here's hoping!

Tomorrow will be better!! Tomorrow will be better!! Tomorrow will be better!!:hug:

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Cinci - Thank you! :D

Jomatho - Congrats on the loss!! :carrot: Awesome workout by the way! :high: I haven't heard about the magnesium deficiency/chocolate cravings...?

Shells - Thanks hun! :D Silly me, I forgot about your blizzard....duh!!! :lol:

Lauren - Thank you! :D

Debbie - Aww, thanks! :D

Gaining - :hug: I'm so sorry hun! Debbie is right, tomorrow will be better my dear!!

Belly Buster
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
quick check in...trying to get family dinner.

Today I felt really good about myself. Went to my best friends house (kiddos had another snow day) and she made fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies for us all. Any other time, I would have sat and ate 4 or 5 of them. Today I decided from the beginning that I would allow myself two. So, I ate them slowly, really enjoyed them, and only at 2!! Small victory for me!

Menu:
english muffin with peanut butter and sugar free jelly.
salad with 1/2c taco meat and 2tbsp cheese
chicken and risoto and beans.

havent totalled my points but I should be pretty good. Need to try and do treadmill still, but last night I slept horribly, so I am very tired and may just crash after dinner.

Keep fighting the good fight everyone. Will try and post later. Need to keep a notepad with me as I read through everyone's post. I forget by the time I finish who I want to comment on!:dizzy: For those struggling, it is all about you. Set backs do not have to be the conclusion to your story! Start another page and begin your story again!

shellsbrood
02-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Checking in!

Weight: Back down to my ticker
Exercise: LS 4 fast miles

Breakfast: cereal, almond milk, coffee
Snack: popcorn
Lunch: plain whole wheat bread, banana
Snack: organic dark chocolate
Dinner: Curried veggies over bean noodles
Dessert: 1/2 cup fat free frozen yogurt and pb

Calories: 1,511

While I'm still within my suggested calorie range, boy was I snacky today. TOM is still messing with me and dh is pulling really long work days, so I'm stress snacking. I need to curb that.

stacygee
02-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Thank you so much for the support. I really needed it to help myself bounce back today. Sometimes I feel so emotionally drained and physically drained.

I stayed OP today and worked out really hard. I actually did 15 minutes elliptical, 30 min upper body, 100 ab crunchers and then a whopping 60 minutes on the elliptical. Just the elliptical should have burned 784 calories. Anyway, that helped me feel better... but then I weighed and was up one more pound. That 3 pounds up this week. Hopefully this cycle will be broken. I am not sure if I'll be able to work out again until Monday.

shannonmb
02-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, guys! Stacy, your workout is AWESOME!

Exercise:

Worked up a good sweat doing my usual arm stuff, crunches on the ball, and Wii Fit cardio stuff. I used to do the basic step (got way boring and easy fast! now I just use it as a warm-up/cool down), then I was doing 30 minutes of advanced step, but I'm pleased to say that now that is too easy for me, too! I'm still incorporating the obstacle course, island cycling, and basic run into my routine, but I'm also free-styling my own step routing to some much better music. Music is really helping me step up my routine. Anyone else use Wii Fit? Most of it can't count as a workout, even for someone in my shape, but I am finding ways to work with it that kick my butt a bit. My workouts have been about 45 minutes, and I've only been at it about a month now. I'm already really feeling better with some exercise, and I'm making it more intense each week. My goal for spring is to do a lot of walking (in addition to my usual workout), with some jogging/running intervals thrown in. I want to be FIT! My daughter's elementary school has a 1 mile "Cold Turkey" run on Thanksgiving day, and I want to run that whole mile by then! I can't even believe that is a goal for me, I've never, ever had a fitness goal, even one that modest. But I feel ALIVE and ready to make some goals!!!

DIET: Really concentrated on reigning it in today. Lets see how I did...

Breakfast:

Yoplait light yogurt with added blueberries 150

Total: 150

Lunch:

Huge bowl of leftover turkey noodle soup ~400? (skipped the sandwich and was fine without it!)
1 carrot 35
1/4 avocado 70

Total: 505

Snack:

1 huge honeycrisp apple 150?

Total: 150

Dinner:
6 oz bone-in pork chop with bread crumbs 400
eggplant w/ sugar free/reduced sodium spaghetti sauce 150
1/2 med baked potato (plain) 80

Total: 630

Total for the day: 1435

Okay, that's more like it! Great day eating-wise for me. :carrot:

I hope you guys don't mind me coming here and posting this, it's helping me!

Diana3271
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Just a quick post. I have a lot going on tomorrow. I have to get up earlier than normal, so I need to get to bed ASAP!

Total Approx 1490 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
2 Grilled Chicken Soft Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories
1 Dove promise dark chocolate 50 calories

Exercise:
~TF HIIT 30
~Cardio & Core Dance Blast w/Fitstix (upper body)
~Strong and Slim Thighs from 10 Min Sol Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (lower body)

Sum38
02-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Kids had two snow days, and I was sick both days with the flu :( I wanted to go sledding....

Today I stayed under 1500 calories. But unfortunately did not get any exercise. Hopefully tomorrow I can go for a walk with my fur baby.

Scale scares me; went up a few pounds....

GainingWeightInLa
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
I found a positive for the day! :yay: I only had 1092 calories for the day....I hardly moved around much at all so UNDER calories was a good thing. Silver lining to my day, I guess. Hoping to see another small loss tomorrow. I'm ready to change ticker!

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Belly - Hey there! :wave:

Shells - Nice workout! I still need to try LS videos! I got one in the mail from netflix and DH was complaining that I "ordered" it...so I hurried and sent it back. Sometimes it's not worth the complaining..:lol:

Stacy - You did awesome today! Great workout! :high:

Shannon - You did great today! :high:

Diana - Awesome workout! :carrot: Have a good Friday if we don't see you on here tomorrow! :D

Sum - Hope you're feeling better! :hug:

Gaining - :high: Awesome!

Here's how today went...

B- FO honey clusters w/milk 260, banana 90 (350)
S- yogurt 80
L- honey roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli 320
S- mixed fruit cup 70
D- stir fry (low cal noodles, veggies and pork) 450
S- FF chocolate pudding 80 w/PB "whip" 70 (150)
20 minute walk/jog/run (walk 3.5 mph, jog 5.5mph, run 7.0mph) mixed it up! :D
10 minute weights (arms/shoulders, legs/butt, abs) Just a quickie! ;)

Well, this evening was kind of sh*tty. :( I was going to make DH some cookies and the recipe I used made them super runny (I DID follow the recipe!) and they went all over in the inside of the oven. :mad: So it smells like burned cookies in our apartment. Just had a frustrating day (nothing weight related)...just a crappy Thursday I guess. :stress: Hope Friday is better! Maybe there will be a loss on the scale tomorrow to cheer me up! :crossed: Hope everyone had a great day!!! I think I'm off to bed early...night ladies & Larry! :grouphug:

OH, I must share this PB whip stuff I had...yummmmmmmmm! :drool:
3 tbsp milk (I used 1%)
3 tbsp PB
1 c. cool whip (fat free if you want)

Gradually mix milk with PB with whisk. Stir with whisk until smooth and creamy. Add cool whip, mix well.

The recipe I found was to put it on top of pudding. I used a pre-made jello FF chocolate pudding and put the whip on top! :cloud9: According to the recipe, it's 70 cals per 2 tbsp. I suppose if you use nonfat milk and RF PB, and FF cool whip the cals would be lower. ;) Anyways, it's goooooooood.

Serbrider
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Ok... under 1800 calories today, and yesterday. :)

Wasn't able to exercise yesterday or today though... :( Yesterday I had to finish a project for school... and today... guess what... I'm sick. Yeah. My little brother got it first, then my mom... then my dad... and now me. And that's within 24 hours. So far all I really have is a very ticklish throat and chest... but I didn't want to risk anything by doing C25K stuff for an hour. *sigh*

Was 220 again this morning... here's to it being lower tomorrow morning. :)

LindseyLou
02-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Ok... under 1800 calories today, and yesterday. :)

Wasn't able to exercise yesterday or today though... :( Yesterday I had to finish a project for school... and today... guess what... I'm sick. Yeah. My little brother got it first, then my mom... then my dad... and now me. And that's within 24 hours. So far all I really have is a very ticklish throat and chest... but I didn't want to risk anything by doing C25K stuff for an hour. *sigh*

Was 220 again this morning... here's to it being lower tomorrow morning. :)

Great work staying under 1800! Sorry to hear you're sick! :getwell:

Pint Sized Terror
02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Quick check in. I still ate badly today, though not as badly as I had been. I hit 1700 calories today, but that's still under maintenance. I've been super duper busy. I'm doing a cake and chocolates for a baby shower on Saturday. I'm also making a quilt as a gift for the baby. I'm JUST now finishing up the quilt. My eyes are so tired of looking at stitches that it isn't funny! :dizzy: I still have to do the binding, but that'll take no time. Tomorrow I'm going to help buy last minute things for the party, and then starting on the baking and making the gem-shaped chocolates. I've been going without stopping since 7am this morning, and it's going on 10pm. This is the first time I've sat down without sewing! Tomorrow isn't going to be much better, with candy making, cake baking and fondant making taking the place of sewing! WHEW

Serbrider
02-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh... something else to add... just a random thing...

I forgot to eat lunch today. :D Not that it's good that I forgot to eat. I don't want to starve... but the fact that I wasn't thinking FOOD... MUST HAVE FOOD... until around 5 PM when I realized I was hungry... that was nice. :) I probably had more like a total of 1000 calories today... not only did I not pig out... I forgot lunch and didn't eat any of my snacks I usually plan in. A bowl of oatmeal (approx 300-400 calories... I eat a big bowl of oatmeal), a chai tea latte (approx 240 calories), and dinner (approx 300-400 calories). Whoops.

So... sort of a NSV... sort of a "whoops... should have paid more attention" moment there. Did not mean to eat so little... just honestly truly didn't realize it until later (wasn't on my usual schedule today... so I got all mixed up in my head I guess... :p )

LadyLai
02-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Hey ladies!! I'm still alive and kicking.. I've spent the last 3 days helping my aunt and uncle settle into their new place. My uncle just underwent surgery to remove rectal cancer and is taking chemo.. so he isn't able to do much. I'm getting a lot of strength training though! ;)

I'm managing to stick to the program and I'm down the retention weight plus one! :carrot:

Hope you all are happy, well and continuing to make progress with this path to a healthier you!! :grouphug:

LLBoldAsLove87
02-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey guys! I am SO SICK OF sweets, and I want to chew something so bad but my teeth still hurt :-( one tooth is worse than the other... I've clocked in at around 850-900 both today and yesterday and I cant eat anything else because I'll scream if I have to have another protein shake or smoothie. I'm basically stuck on the couch anyway so I'm sure I'm not burning much.

Krampus... congrats on the 2lbs loss! Saw that in another thread.

Pint Sized... I decorate cakes with fondant too! I love it! I can't wait until I'm good enough to make friends' wedding cakes... but right now I enjoy making people feel special with personalized bday cakes :-)

Larry H
02-04-2011, 12:10 AM
I am not sure how it happened but I was too busy today to eat my snacks.

My calorie intake was in the basement only 958 today.

Surprising that I did not feel hungry or deprived at all. But that is too low for proper nutrition. I will have to make sure I eat right tommorrow. :dizzy:

1 mile walk for exercise.

Serbrider I understand your problem about not eating enough food today

Wishing everyone success and serenity. :carrot:

Larry,
-----------
Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it. ~Author Unknown

Pint Sized Terror
02-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Bold, I started helping my uncle do wedding cakes when I was 14. Can't say I liked piping all of those roses at that age though. ;) I'm doing this one with marshmallow fondant, since I think regular fondant tastes like #%@!. LOL I'm not super good or anything, but I do get a lot of compliments on my cakes. I just had a woman offer to hire me for her kid's birthday, which is a first. I dunno how I'm going to handle that, since I don't know what to charge or anything. I've just been doing them as gifts or for friends. :p

krampus
02-04-2011, 01:19 AM
I admire the strength and resolve it takes to bake a cake for someone else and give it to them before you gobble it up yourself.

How do you people undereat? Tell me your secrets! I've had about 700 calories so far today (it's 2:20 pm) and I am about ready to eat my nearest coworker! I'm well hydrated and most of those 700 calories came from yogurt, vegetables and eggs.

LLBoldAsLove87
02-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Pint... I've made marshmellow fondant as well, though the first time I made it too sticky and got BOTH hands trapped in a big ball of it and had to scream for my roommates to come help!

I also order from Global Sugar Art... I think it is called Satin Ice or something? Tastes MILES better than Wilton's!

http://i53.tinypic.com/9vifxi.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/674i92.jpg

iwant2blightlachele
02-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Love the idea of this thread i'm brand spanking new to blogging and threads and ll that jazz. But i figure that this might actually help me stick with trying to lose weight so I will do my best to post daily and hold myself accountable. SO i haven't been to sleep yet i'm loving this website to much. But I will have a post up tomorrow night of what I did today. Everyone else great work and keep up with it your my inspiration.

krampus
02-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Today wasn't perfectly clean but I kept my calories low and exercised. The weekend is going to be higher calorie so I'd like to minimize the damage...

Breakfast - 252
-Bio yogurt, 56
-Bagel sandwich, 196

Lunch - 440
-Bio yogurt, 56
-Cheese, 63
-5 small strawberries, 40
-Kimchee, greens, 1 small eggplant, 2 small eggs stir fried, 280

Snack - 350?
-Bowl of sweet bean soup with 2 mochi (rice cakes), 350?

Dinner - 200
-Ponkan (kind of like a nonjuicy, nonsweet citrus grapefruit?), 60
-Soyjoy knockoff bar, 137

Exercise
-1 hour walking
-40 minutes Tae Bo Cardio
-200 crunches
-100 pushups
-Bird dogs, squats

Total Calories - around 1250

Diana3271
02-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :yay:

I don't know if I mentioned it, (and too tired to look :lol:) yesterday I was down .2. Down .2 again this morning. TTOM is still pending. I doubt I will hit my next mini goal before it happens. Patience, Patience, Patience. ;) I've been at this for over 3 years. You would think I would have learned about patience by now. :lol:

iwant2blightlachele Hi and Welcome! :wave:

krampus
02-04-2011, 06:53 AM
WOW Diana you're so close! You can do it!!!!!!!

Diana3271
02-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Krampus Thanks! I am going to adjust it down one more time. I think my final goal will be 157.

shellsbrood
02-04-2011, 07:52 AM
LLBold--Those cakes are so nice!!

Diana--Wow, you are so close to maintenance. How wonderfully exciting! Are you going to post in the goal section once you get there? :D

iwant2blightlachele--Welcome! :)

Krampus--I'm with you...I struggle to stay under my calories for the day. I don't think I could ever forget to eat. :D

Good Morning, all! I'm up a pound this morning, but I always weigh more in the morning than I do during the day. No idea why that is...maybe sodium from the day before? Anyway, I'll weigh again later and record that number. I did see 205.something yesterday, but I didn't keep it.

berryblondeboys
02-04-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm now in the second half of my menstrual cycle, so as is the case for me, the scale is my friend again. Down a pound today (really, more, but I don't count those until it's a full pound.). So, 8 pounds in one month and one day. That's pretty darn good without going hungry (eating about 1700 a day) and doing exercise I love!

shellsbrood
02-04-2011, 09:06 AM
I had to share this with you guys. It's a pretty big NSV for me, because I avoided skirts and dresses like the plague. The first picture was taken at my highest weight and the last picture was taken about a month ago. (please excuse my messy room, I promise it's clean now :D)

jomatho
02-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Wow, kids home for third day in a row!!! That is unheard of in our small district. I am feeling lazy today, but I will get to my workout sooner than later and that will perk me up. Weight is same today, eating on plan, no chocolate cravings last night :).
Kim, good restraint with those choc chip cookies. When you described eating them really slowly, I could almost taste them! :p
Shells, "stress snacking" I think we all know about that!
Stacy, your workouts ROCK!
Shannon, yes, I do the Wii, usually to try to mix things up when I get bored with my workouts
Sum, no fun being sick when the kids are off on snow days! Feel better soon!
DianeLA, I try to eat the lower end of my calories if I don't workout too. It just makes sense to me and my body seems to agree!
Lindsey, nice intervals! I love my intervals, but your high point is much higher than my high point. Course, I am lugging a little more weight than you too ;).
Serbrider, feel better soon! I have the same problem with lunch. Sometimes, I just forget about it until its too close to dinner, so I just have a few nuts and wait for dinner.
Pint, I seem to always be working on my projects at the last minute too. I had a few t-shirt quilts for Christmas that I didn't know if I would get finished, but I did somehow. Haven't sat back down at that sewing machine since, sick of it for a little while.
Lachele :welcome: This is a fun place to be accountable and get inspiration!
Diane3271, down .2 and down .2 again? Wooo hoo! :woohoo: you are so close! (Except you keep pulling that carrot farther away :D)
Berry, what a great month, congrats on down 8!

jomatho
02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Shells, WOW. If I could whistle over the computer I would. If that isn't inspiration, what is? You should be so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:
I want a before and now picture (whining)!

berryblondeboys
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Shells you are looking great!!!! Good going and keep chugging along!

GainingWeightInLa
02-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, I guess I could consider this a small victory: I take an Rx fluid pill for my blood pressure. I forgot to take it yesterday (which spells fluid retention BAD enough that they had to put me on the fluid pill to begin with) and this morning, I've neither gained NOR lost (which means more than likely I've lost). THAT is a good thing! :) I'll probably double up today (I do that sometimes, it never has hurt me, but usually makes me feel better) so maybe tomorrow will be a good day weight-wise. DH says he can definitely tell I'm losing, and quick. He's excited to see how my body changes....I kindof am, too. I can't ever remember my body NOT obese. I've been chunky for as long as I can remember, even as a child. I sooooooooo don't want to quit until I reach my ideal body weight. Originally, I was stopping at 160, but I'll be within 13 lbs of "ideal" when I reach 160.....why not finish at that point, ya know? I hope I stick with it that long!!! (I think I will!)

Everyone else is doing really well, too! I think this board helps...a LOT! I've been a member of 3FC since 2005 and I have NEVER attended a thread here that was THIS motivational (or maybe I just haven't been so determined before?) I think I probably am a lifetime 3FC junkie now. :D

We were supposed to wake up to 3" of snow this morning, which is HUGE for Louisiana....it didn't happen (like always....our weathermen are terrible at predicting this kinda thing because it NEVER happens)....we got a slight dusting, at best....not even enough for a snowball. :( Not gonna ruin my day though.

Will be glad when these knots go out of my tummy (from the nerves).

Have a GREAT day everyone! We can do this! :grouphug:

Sum38
02-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Ser -- It just means your focus is changing! Yay!

Diana: Patience -- The virtue! I have no patience :lol: I want things NOW...lol ou are almost there!! TODAY will be the day!!

LL - Your cake is gorgeous!

Shells; You are looking WOW!

Jo: Another day off? Are roads bad or too cold? My kids wanted to stay at home.

Day three being sick. Feels like I may be getting a bit better. Kids are back to school. Scale went back down to my Monday's weight. Those 2.5 pounds yesterday freaked me out; I think it was all the water and tea I was drinking. So I was relieved this AM.

Everyone have a FAB day!

Sum38
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Diana in LA...this is my AA :lol: If I want to eat, I come and read posts and I put the fork down :) It definitely helps. When I am wearing some sexy little numbers, I wanna come and give each lady here a huge big hug!!!

GainingWeightInLa
02-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Sum38....hehe.....your AA. That's about right for me, too!! :) Isn't there really an overeaters anonymous?

I just tracked my weight again at livestrong.com. It decreased my calorie intake from 1190 down to 1178 because of my 2 lb loss. :( Before long, I'll be at no calories, I'm tellin' ya'll!! 1178?!?! For real?!?!?! The 1190 were hard enough!

Sum38
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I think we have OA in town, maybe. This is a LOT easier than getting a coat on, drive there.... Just one click, and voila!

That is not very many calories. Bummer. I am using my fitness pal .com...all one word, and my allowance is 1400 cal per day. I lost 11 pounds last month. Are you feeling okay? Not light headed or overly starving?

L R K
02-04-2011, 10:28 AM
This week has not been a good one for me. I just want to go home, cry and crawl under the covers of my bed and sleep for a day... TGIF *sigh*

Here is my plan for the day Fri 2/4/2011

B - 1 WW multi-grain thin bun w/ natural PB and organic jam + 1 choc.soy pudding + 1 banana

S - 1/2 cup raw broccoli & 5 low-sodium Triscuts w/ hummus

L - Not sure yet

S - 1 small apple

D - Not sure yet

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend :wave:

L R K
02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
BTW Shells you look fantastic! :D

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Pint – Holy cow, you’re one busy chick!! :dizzy: That’s great you have someone hiring you to do a birthday cake! I would ask what she wants and call around to other bakers to get an idea of what they charge. When I made handmade jewelry and sold it, I looked around at what others were charging to get an idea, then there is the whole profit thing and how much time it takes you to complete it…:blah:

Tina – Aww, I’m sorry to hear about your uncle! :hug: That’s so nice of you to go and help and work those muscles in the meantime! ;)

LLBold – Aww, hope you feel better soon! I remember when I got mine taken out, it was not fun eating all the “mushy” or liquid stuff. That cake is SO cute!! I’m impressed! :D

Larry – Wow! Nice work getting that mile in! :high:

Iwant2- Hello and :welcome3: That is too funny that you can’t sleep…I was the same way! I fell in love with it here! I think you will really love 3FC and this thread! :D

Krampus – It looks like you did well yesterday. :D Your workouts are always awesome! :high:

Diana - :yay: for your downward trend!!

Shells – Don’t take this the wrong way but you are smokin’ hot!!! (whistles) You look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jomatho – Thanks! :D

Gaining – That’s great!!!! :D

Sum- AA…:lol: I do the same thing!!!

Lauren - :hug: I hope next week is a better week for you my dear!

:goodscale: 148.2# (27 lost!) :cloud9:

Excuse me while I go jump for joy. ;)

Vixsin
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Looking GOOOOD Shells!!!!! Foxy Lady!!! :)

I let go of some of that water last night and was down .8 today. I'm still sore from shoveling but my sidewalk is now finished. Until tomorrow's storm....oye vay!!! LOL I remember saying a secret little prayer about wanting to do more upper body work but this is NOT what I was talking about! LOL

BBL

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm interested to know what everyone's plan is for Super Bowl Sunday? Not that I care a lick about football...but, I am going to a "party." They are having the usual unhealthy stuff, wings (yuck!), dips, chips, snacky stuff.

What is your plan of attack?

I think I'm going to eat before I leave and then snack on a little bit of the stuff to look social. :lol: I loathe these kinds of things. For one I hate wings, I have a thing about what I call "gnarly" meat, and it seems like when you bite into a wing you have to decide to chew, shallow, or spit out. I would rather just avoid that, and not eat them. DH wants to bring a cake to the party or some kind of sweets...:rolleyes: Can't I bring some low fat yogurt and apples for everyone?! :lol: They would probably kick me out...

berryblondeboys
02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
LindseyLou: This is what I brought to a party a platter full of veggies (raw carrots, different colored peppers, cawliflower and broccoli. Then I made a pesto dip whihc is one HUGE bunch of basil, a can of drained chickpeas, a touch of parmesan, a dash of salt to taste, and then olive oil to a desirable texture. Everyone LOVED it. Or, bring veggies with hummus. You can bring home the leftovers and snack on them through the week. It's totally party food and it gives you an out to eat healthier (I'm with you - HATE wings... won't even try them. As a kid, the wings were the thing you avoided, so HOW they became the in thing is beyond me).

Sum38
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
LidseyLou -- I feel we got lucky about SB. Daughter has ACT prep class 1 pm, and son has baseball prac. at 6 pm (still wondering how many will show up...considering it is all men who run the prac, and I don't think they realized, when they booked the facility it was SB Sunday :lol:)....so we said No thanks to all parties. I am really happy because I would go and stuff myself with all yummy junk food, drink too much and then feel so horrible the following day.

Sooo...What ever game we get to see, it will be at home. I will make some turkey chili. We are not keeping any wine or beer at home, so we won't even end up drinking a drop :) :)

debbieOBX
02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone...The boards have flown by this past 24 hours! I will do personals later. :)

I did good yesterday, apx 930 calories, and they were all very healthy. I got out the body bars and did some strength training, and added a bit of walking. I'm feeling better and moving more.

Have a bright day everyone, eat healthy because Your worth it!

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Berry - That's a good idea! :D I think I might do that. I might be the only one eating it but we'll see! The people that are going and hosting aren't the healthiest of eaters from what I've seen, so I can see them being scared of a carrot. :lol: I'll be eating veggies while everyone eats wings and drinks beer!

Sum - You did luck out! It's mean but I wish I didn't have to go.

The other thing that I can see being an issue is the hostess knows I'm on a diet, well she's lost some weight as well on some diet pill but she still eats pizza, chips, etc...(That's whole other story!) I can see her wondering why in the **** I'm eating veggies when I'm on a diet. I don't think she sees the value in healthy eating, I just don't want to be picked on or criticized for the things I choose to eat, if that makes sense. That's on her if she eats that "junk." I ain't doin' it! (Yes, I just said ain't...:lol:)

debbieOBX
02-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Shells you look AWESOME! So close to wonderland!

Diane Keep going!!! YOUR rock!

Larry Your doing super!

Sum i do agree, this is my AA my OA my support group! Its amazing how this group inspires me.

Last week when i weighed in at my Eat smart Move more Weigh less group the weight recorder said 'I'm so proud of you' I have used those words all week to keep me going. So you never know when your words will inspire someone to keep going!

debbie

berryblondeboys
02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Super bowl weekend? Marry a European - you'll never watch a football game again in your life unless it's soccer kind of football and thank goodness the World Cup is only every four years!

I like football (Go Pack!), but not enough to turn it on and watch it. And none of our friends are sport fanatics either. I'll be home hanging out with the family.

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Super bowl weekend? Marry a European - you'll never watch a football game again in your life unless it's soccer kind of football and thank goodness the World Cup is only every four years!

:lol: I swear I married a sports fanatic, he likes to watch football, basketball...I could careless. I barely can understand the rules!

Sum38
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
berrylonde - Where is your husband from?

novelistabac
02-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

TGIF! For sure!

Stacy - WOW! That is a BIG TIME workout!! :cp:

LL - OMG! Those cakes look INCREDIBLE! I bet they tasted delicious!

Shells - You look so amazing! Keep up the good work! :cheer:

Diana (LA) - Are you sure about those calories? They seem REALLY low.

Lauren - Hope you have a great weekend! It's been a rough week for me as well. I'm looking forward to some relaxing.

Vixin - YAY! Congrats on the loss!! :carrot:

Debbie - Glad you are feeling better!!! :goodvibes

Lindsey - First, CONGRATS on the loss!! :carrot: Second, Super Bowl. We are having a party and we worked out the menu last night. We are making vegetarian chili with tons of different types of beans. So...very healthy. We are also making hummus and guacamole and having tortilla chips and pita. So those are both relatively healthy as well. I am just gonna have to be keeping my eyes on the portions I am eating.

We have a housewarming party tonight and then Super Bowl on Sunday so I will probably go into my weekly WW points. I just don't want to gain to be back in the 190s. I've been OP religiously this week and tomorrow I am sticking to plan so hopefully the damage I do tonight and Sunday won't be significant enough to cause a gain.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I know I'm on :cloud9: about it!!

shellsbrood
02-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone. On a day like today where I feel like I still weigh 260lbs, it's nice to see the difference between the two pictures. It's amazing how uncomfortable I still feel in a skirt. I have yet to wear one out! I guess in my mind, I still see myself as huuuuge.

I did marry a European, I married a Brit! :D Luckily, I loooove watching the World Cup, but that's as far as sports go in this household (thank goodness I married a geek).

MzJuicyD
02-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I am so overwhelmed this morning! Not in a bad way at all! I tweeked my diet this week and focused on high protein foods (with low cal lol). I lost 5 pounds this week! Im not sure what protein does but it works! For the first time this morning I could notice a difference. I looked at a pic i took from Halloween 2010 and I looked at the pic I took today. I almost cried! Down 22.6 pounds total! Never lost this much before!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/mzjuicyd/

jomatho
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Sum, I think it's the roads, very windy last night and today and the country roads are still icy, then the snow drifts back over them. Funny because in town where we live the roads look just fine. Kids aren't complaining one bit. Teased my youngest, woke him up an hour later than usual and said "hurry, we are really late"! He jumped up and said "oh noooooo" (my kids don't like being late for anything, don't know where they get that from.....). Told him "kidding, snow day again". He was mad at me, but thrilled of course.

Gaining, I love that your DH is getting excited over your emerging body. Besides noticing changes yourself, when DH notices it is the best feeling in the world, isn't it?

Vixsin, way to work that upper body!!!

Lindsey, definately bring something healthy to the party. You cannot be the only one trying to be good/on plan!!!???? Just tell that hostess that you are making lifestyle changes, not just dieting and those foods just don't fit into your plan right now. I agree with eating before so you aren't so hungry, but save some calories in case you want a bite of this or that.

Deb, I agree, kind words are a strong motivator. One compliment lasts me days!

Superbowl: DH out of town :(, so I will make the boys something with hot sauce (I don't care for that) and I was thinking make your own mini pizzas on pita bread. They love those pizzas and I can make mine pretty low calorie, under 400 calories I am thinking, 500 at the most. And prob. fresh veggies or my daily salad, looooooooove my salad before dinner every night.

Anyone have Valentines day plans? Only 10 days away :o

Okay, I am procrastinating, I have got to get my butt on that treadmill!!!!!

GainingWeightInLa
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
WOW! Lots of posting this morning! I can't keep up! :eek: I feel pretty sure about those calories I listed. It asks me my age, height, weight, activity level, how much you want to lose per week (my goal is 2 lbs), etc. and it tallies up how many calories you should eat. So far I've lost between 2 and 2.5 lbs per week, so it must be pretty accurate. 1178 calories (or whatever it was) seems low though! I'm wondering how I'll manage it. I'll figure out a way. I'm not having much problem with being hungry as long as I eat all my meals. :shrug: If I skip, I'm in trouble!

Anyway, I have a ton of stuff to get done at work and I haven't even started. :lol: I'll BBL!

Sum38
02-04-2011, 12:52 PM
DianaLA, better get Back to work :)

I just made a really yummy lunch by accident.

I watched Dr. Oz, (maybe) last week, when he had a guest who said everyone should include Asian mushrooms to their diet. I was at the market last weekend and bought some Bunapi and Maitake Mushrooms (4 oz each bag). I tossed those in frying pan, put 1 TBS olive oil, ½ cup 99% Fat free chicken stock. Sliced about ¾ sweet onion in, and let it simmer maybe 20 minutes. I had big over ripe tomato, and mashed that in and let it simmer a few more minutes. Then I tossed in some citrus grill seasoning, red pepper and 6 oz large frozen raw shrimp. 5 minutes later I had this creamy lunch.

Total calories 502 19 g fat, 30 carbs, 44 protein….. BUT I split the serving in half (for later or tomorrow). Had a side salad… I am full, and I felt I had a yummy tasting meal :) This would have been good over rice or as a fish taco as well.

Serbrider
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Woot Woot!!!!! 217.5 this morning. :D probably mostly water weight, but seeing this idiotic temperamental scale actually go down... Feels good. :D

Pint Sized Terror
02-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Ugggggghhhhhh... Girls, I have to get out of this funk! We have doughnuts, Oreos, and Little Debbie cakes in the house, and it's KILLING me. I have no issue saying no to the little debbie cakes, but when I see them I'm reminded of sweet things and I want to eat something else! I've eaten ALL of my daily allotted calories already, and it's 12:30pm. I'm resigned to only drink water for the rest of the day.

Krampus, it is pretty easy for me to avoid eating the cake. Even now, amid my tons of sugar cravings, cake isn't one of them. Plus, I'm going to be working my butt off to make it so I do NOT want to eat it EVER. LOL

Ladies I'm back up to 157. It has to be from all the sugar, and water weight because there's no way I ate 17,500 calories in the past 3 days!!!

I think I need a sugar detox. :(

Edited to add: A friend of mine was pushing the "Lemon Detox Diet" and I almost considered doing it, even knowing it was totally unhealthy. Ugh.

Edit again: AAaaaaaand my husband just signed me up to do a run with him and his squadron. A run. Awesome right? WRONG. It's the Krispy Kreme fun run. We have to run a certain amount while dressed as Wilderness Girls (like Girl Scouts, apparently) eat a bunch of doughnuts, then run back. I have no problem doing the dress up or running, but OMG!!!! This is exactly what I don't want!! WAAAaaAAaaAHHHHHH!!!

GainingWeightInLa
02-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh pintsized. :( Tell your husband NO about the krispy kreme thing!! He's not being very supportive!! Boo! Stick to your guns....look at your ticker...you deserve to be healthy!! You can do this, girl! Only 34 lbs....you can do that in no time....I mean, what's a year compared to an early death if you DON'T do this, ya know? Think about all that fat clogging your arteries from those donuts, think about heart bypass surgery if you eat those donuts....think about all the bad stuff that comes from that few minutes of sugar. You don't want to do that to you! You are a person with purpose. People need you, people look up to you, people love you. Be here, long-term, for them and don't touch that evil stuff that won't do anything but give you cellulite and an early death. (Hope I'm not weirding you out, but this is the kind of thinking that gets me back on track! :) )

Pint Sized Terror
02-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I just read up on it, it's a charity run. Ugh. I can get by without eating the doughnuts, but it's "not good sport" according to some. We'll see. Either way, if I eat a dozen doughnuts (the required amount :eek:) and then run, I'll be barfing the entire dozen. I'm totally kidding. I'm not eating a dozen doughnuts. Bleecchhhhhh

jomatho
02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Diana, I should copy your last post and put it on my fridge!

Pint, can you put the junk food in another cupboard that is for kids and hubby only? I know you would know it is in there, but it is not mixed in with your food tempting you all the time? Doesn't sound like you really like that food, but it is tempting you in a way, right? Either that or don't buy it. Kids get enough junk away from home anyways. Maybe you have to be an all or nothing girl. No cheats, nothing, whatsoever. They must make you crave. The doughnut thing, oh Lordy, what will they think of next? Why do you have to eat them? Maybe you could balance them somehow? If that is not peer pressure, I don't know what is. Tell them you are diabetic or hypoglycemic! Little white lie. I just can't even imagine how many calories are in a dozen doughnuts and how long it will take you to work out to burn those suckers off. It is not worth it. Can you just make a donation to the charity, or help in any other way? Can you tell I am a little upset for you? As for the detox, probably nothing wrong with a detox once in a while, but it sounds like you may be looking for a quick fix and that is not it. Just get back on the plan you know works and has gotten you this far. I agree with cutting out sugar for a while though, and anything diet; Get rid of those cravings first and foremost. HTH a little :hug:

Belly Buster
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone! spent the morning at my little one's classroom so I'm just getting my menu planned for the day.

B- kahsi cereal and milk
L- left over risotto and chicken and tomato
D-french toast, sausage and fruit

no left over points for snacks today so it'll have to be some cut up veggies.

Feeling really yucky today. "monster-pause" (menopause) is setting in and the calandar says I should be starting TTOM, but I never know from month to month what I can expect. Woke up today with the beginnings of a mirgraine, bloated feeling, and crampy. Also and extra 3lbs on the scale :( Going to really try and get motivated to get on the treadmill today, even though it is the last thing I feel like doing. I don't want to get to Sunday (weigh-in day) and have a gain.

Pint~throw those treats away....or at least hide them so they are so tempting! I find if I don't see it I won't eat it.

Sum~lunch sounds good! Don't you love a good accident!

Lindsey~ bring something fun and yummy that you can eat! If others don't appreciate and support your new lifestyle...poo on them!! Hummas with your veggies, or a lowfat dip with baked chips. There are lots of options that keep you in the game, but not ruin all you have been working for!! Good luck!

Mz~Congrats on your success!! It's great that you can see the differences! Keep up the good work!

As for our superbowl plans... we had invited a few friends over but it looks like it is just going to be DH and the kids. Picked up some baby back ribs and so we will do those on the grill. Making hummas for me with veggies and probably some potato wedges. Will definately do some exercise in case I loose control, but I plan on figuring out my points for the day and trying to plan for any pitfalls. My kids are thankfully more about the game and the "competition" than the food... that definately helps!

Make it a great day everyone!

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Novel – Thank you! :D It sounds like you have a great plan for SBS. Guacamole and baked chips might be a good option for me to bring too! Thanks for the idea! ;)

Shells – It’s weird how our minds are…that we still see our “old” selves. Our brains need to catch up because we’re lookin’ goooooooood! ;) I think you should definitely wear the skirts out, you look AMAZING, seriously!!! You’ve worked your tush off and you deserve to show all your hard work off!!

MzJuicy – Congrats on the 5 pounds!!!!!! :carrot:

Jomatho – I think I’m going to have to bring something that is healthy. I don’t want to get there and there are just unhealthy things! :o

Pint – :hug: I’m sorry you’re having a rough time! I say put the junk food, sweets, trigger foods up in the highest cabinet of your kitchen. Out of sight, out of mind. And certainly inconvenient to get to. Or better yet, throw them out! I think having foods like that in the house can be a bad idea. As for the run your DH signed you up for, if you can get out of it, I would. That is not being supportive of your new lifestyle. For me, doughnuts are a trigger. I try to avoid them; if I don’t see them let alone taste them I’m fine. Now if I had to eat them for an event like that things could get ugly. Good luck!

Belly – You’re right! Poo on them if they don’t like my new lifestyle! :p

debbieOBX
02-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Pint i so agree, tell Him NO. : ) Most importantly sick to Your words.

Ga Gosh i felt your 'scolding' OK that may be a bad choice of word, but heck i listened. lol

I know i saw a post from a 'gal' from Chesapeake VA but i can not find it. lol. Anyhow I'm just a bit south of you. Whoooohoooo

Keep going everyone! debbie

berryblondeboys
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
berrylonde - Where is your husband from?

He's from Croatia. He came over when he was 23, before Yugoslavia split up (a year before).

L R K
02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I did marry a European, I married a Brit! :D Luckily, I loooove watching the World Cup, but that's as far as sports go in this household (thank goodness I married a geek).

:lol:

My SO only watches soccer too, so that's it for sports in our house too :)

debbieOBX
02-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Belly Your so closeeee to Onederland!!!! Keep going girly.:carrot:

I seem to notice tickers a lot! I so love seeing tickers in the very low 200's and high 190's This is a number that i have not seen in...oohh my gosh... many many years. Sadly i have to lose 83 lbs to see 200, BUT i plan on doing this right in front of everyone here! Sooooo stay tuned. :D

I try not to look at the great 'big' numbers, as its kinda scary, but its still weight i need to lose. Its the 'big' picture i guess, but for now, i just want -10 then -20 then -30 lol.

Keep strong everyone! I love this group!

debbie

Larry H
02-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Missed breakfast this morning It has happened a couple of times I need to work on that. :(

Lunch had a small mix salad with leftover chicken breast made into chcken salad using 1 tbsp of Miricle Whip Light.

Supper was oven baked Tilapia with homemade french fries done in the deep fryer. 398 cal in the fries and only 148 in the fish Everything was weighed. My total for today is 1017 so far. I have a small evening snack. Tonight I plan on cucumber marinated in apple vinegar,

Walked 3 miles in an hour today. :D

:carrot: The best news is I lost another pound today. :carrot:

Larry,
-----------
We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. ~Roderick Thorp, Rainbow Drive

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey ladies & Larry! Hope you all had a great day! I was kinda having yet another crappy day, but Shells cheered me up! :hug: On the plus side, I did get a lot of exercise and moving in today! :D

Here's the break down for today...

B- strawberry oatmeal w/milk 180, banana 90 (270)
L- 1 1/2 c. stir fry w/pork, noodles and veggies 350
S- yogurt 80
D- 1/2 chicken tortilla salad (greens, corn, black beans, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, chicken, SW ranch dressing) 455, 1 1/2 rolls 150 (605)
S- FF chocolate pudding 80 w/ PB whip 70 (150) :drool: My new fav treat!
30 minutes Pilates
1 mile walk :running: (~20 minutes)
~60 minutes of cleaning/scrubbing, laundry, dusting, sweeping & vacuuming :dizzy:

Night! :grouphug: Have a great weekend everyone!!!

debbieOBX
02-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Lindsey Sounds awesome!

Larry Great!

Have a good night everyone!

shannonmb
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM
What a lovely bunch of gals you have on this thread. Hope I get to know you all as I continue to post my accountability updates here. Thanks for the thread, it seems to be helping!

Today:
Exercise:
My best, most vigorous workout to date. Skipped all that boring wii steppin and just did lots of obstacle course, cycling, run, and my own Lady Gaga stepping. I was proud, and I'm sore (which I like)!

Diet:
Breakfast:
Yoplait light yogurt and blueberries/strawberries 175
1 hardboiled egg 70
Total: 245

Lunch:
1 whole wheat pita 100
2 eggs cooked in spray w/onions 140 (too many eggs today! - usually only have 1 a day)
BIG salad with 150 cal of dressing, mixed greens, tomato, onion, green pepper, carrots 250
Total: 490

Dinner:
1/4 lb (pre-cooking) lean hamburger 250
small bun (white) 100
1 tbsp blue cheese 40
salad, same as lunch, add raw sunflower seeds and 1/4 avocado ~400
Total: 790

Total for the day: 1525

Woohoo, another day at the low end of the calorie range -- haven't stuck to the lower end in awhile and it is so time! This thread is invigorating me to keep a close track like at the beginning, and I'm hoping for some good numbers on the scale in the next week or 2. Thanks girlies!

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Debbie - Thanks!

Shannon - Wow, great meal plan and workout! :D

LLBoldAsLove87
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey guys!

Shannon... congrats on the great workout! I've been off for three days because of my wisdom teeth, but I think I'm safe to work out tomorrow and I'm SO looking forward to it (and proud of myself for looking forward to it). I just hope that my face is less swollen so I don't scare away the cute boy I've been eyeing at the gym ;-) haha...

Belly... yay for Onederland! You'll be there in no time!

Pint... I know what its like having bad food in the house! I have two lovely roommates who are always willing to share. One is italian and ALWAYS making pasta, the other loves sweets (she made brownies tonight and has M&Ms out for guests... which I've banished to the top of the refrigerator so I cant see them).

_____

Still eating mushy foods, still look like a chipmunk so I'm staying in tonight. But, on a better note, my aunt and I are making plans to go to Italy in May! We're going with her best friend and my cousin (whose my age and basically my brother). I'm SO excited... we're leaving two days after I graduate from law school and we are spending a week in Rome and a week in Florence. So, I spent all day today looking at vacation rentals in Italy. :-) My aunt wants to lose some weight before hand (goal is to go from a size 12 to an 8) so maybe I will convert her to 3FC!

I've also decided that I really want to focus on distance running... when I interned last summer one of my roommates was an amazing runner/cyclist and she's convinced me to do a half marathon with her in Montreal in September. Its plenty far away so I think I can do it! Right now I think the max I can do is like 3 miles, and I've never run more than 7 miles in my life but I would LOVE to be a "runner" ... so wish me luck. :-)

I'm only at about 1000 cals today... so I think I'm going to use some milk to mush up a brownie that my roommate made. :-)

helen73
02-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi all! Congrats on all the good news. And for the people having issues (like me!) just keep saying "tomorrow is a new day!" I really fell off the wagon foodwise. Nothing too extreme, just not keeping on plan. It really depressed me. Ive been working out pretty hard so that's a good thing. Tomorrow will be a new day and I will refuse to do stupid things that don't give me joy either when eating them or after I'm done. It is not worth the harm to my mental or physical being.

Serbrider
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Feeling more sick today... :( Woke up with 217.5 on the scale though... happy about that... even if it is mostly water weight. ;)

But yeah... sharp pains in my head... congestion like crazy... no appetite for anything except for Sobe Lifewater (Had two today so far... my intention is to only have one a day at the very most... bleh) or Coke Zero (and I've told myself I can have a maximum of three cans/cups a week... so far I've had two... not today... but yesterday and the day before). So... yeah. I've tried just water... and while I'm drinking it... just not satisfying that desire... :p Might give in and have one coke zero... then again... might be more worth it tomorrow.

The mom has piggy flu... so... yeah. High likelihood of the entire family having it... again... bleh. Not fun.

Nice to hear that others are doing well... and for those that aren't... be glad you're not sick! :D Haha... just kidding. Like helen73 said... "tomorrow is a new day". :) Hopefully my new day will be that I slept off the worst symptoms of the piggy flu... then again... I have no idea. ;)

Vixsin
02-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Evenin' kids! :)

Had a great workout tonight. Walked/jogged for 4 miles tonite for about 55 mins. :yay: I was pumped. It felt really good to run. I was doing intervals again and added just a smidge of an incline while I was running today. OMG!!!!! Just putting it to a 1% incline, I could feel the different muscles working in my legs. It felt AWESOME!!!!!! I burned roughly 600ish calories tonight! I am psyched.

My supper had more sodium than I would have liked but I was at my parents house and was working with what they had. The soup I ended up having was some chicken, bean, vegetable yumminess that mom added some extra chicken to. OMG!!! :drool: I wasn't entirely sure of the calories so I over-estimated just to be on the safer side. Needless to say, I am STILL drinking water at 10 o'clock at night. LOL I'm going to be up 20 times tonight! LOL

------------

Helen: Hang in there. :hug: Everybody falls off the wagon. Heck, I usually end up getting dragged BEHIND it!! LOL Brush off, and back at it. :) We're with ya!

Pint: You're stronger than those snacks!! :hug: I'm more bummed about that run that hubs signed you up for. The run sounds fun but the donut thing kinda heebs me out. How is jamming too many of them down your throat as fast as you can and then RUNNING fun? Odd. I wouldn't eat any of them. If I felt super pressured, I'd eat 1 and that's it. I hope you get things figured out.

LLBold: Glad your mouth is doing better. I just got over some dental torture myself. Hope you're able to get back to the gym. Oh! And a big yay for the cute boy! ;) I love the eye candy at my gym. :)

Serb: :hug: Hope you and the fam feel better.

Diana3271
02-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I got a lot of my work done today! :yay: Hopefully I can get caught up with the thread this weekend.

Total Approx 1455 + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (715 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Steamed Veggies 75 calories
Fruit cup 90 calories
Almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts 150 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Pint Sized Terror
02-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Evening everyone! Turns out, the category the team captain signed us up for means we don't HAVE to eat all 12 doughnuts. :carrot: That's so good 'cause I'd surely barf. We can put the doughnuts we don't eat into our backpacks and bring them home. Mine will be going to my friend's son and husband. She is in the hospital, she had her baby today! They're both fine and she has an adorable baby girl now!

Wish me luck! This will be my first race EVER.

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi all! Congrats on all the good news. And for the people having issues (like me!) just keep saying "tomorrow is a new day!" I really fell off the wagon foodwise. Nothing too extreme, just not keeping on plan. It really depressed me. Ive been working out pretty hard so that's a good thing. Tomorrow will be a new day and I will refuse to do stupid things that don't give me joy either when eating them or after I'm done. It is not worth the harm to my mental or physical being.

That is a great attitude to have! Just because you "mess up" one day, look forward and kick butt tomorrow! :D

LindseyLou
02-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Serb - Hope you feel better soon! :getwell: Congrats for 217.5!! :D

Vixsin - Dang, 4 miles!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: GREAT work! :high: I'm SO proud of you! That is seriously amazing!!!

Pint - That is good news! Best of luck to you in the race! :)

Hey my 3FC buddies! :hug: I found this cool website (well I think it's cool anyway ;)) it's 30 day routines to get started running, doing yoga, pilates, weight training, etc...it's pretty neat. Since I'm focusing on toning, I'm going to do the pilates one. I've done pilates in the past, but I really want to work on my form, so I'm starting from square one as of tomorrow. Anyways, here is the link if anyone is interested in checking it out:

http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseforbeginners/a/QuickStartGuides.htm

Diana3271
02-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Pint Good luck with the race! And avoiding the doughnuts!

Lindsey Thanks, I'll check it out.

babsie56
02-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi I'm new here. Just started my diet this week, eating around 1200-1400 a day, and exercise for 40 mins 4 X week. Have lost 5 lbs so far. weighed in this am at 213. I hope to keep losing and hope to stick with it. Trying to get used to being hungry and not full all the time.

Diana3271
02-05-2011, 12:04 AM
babsie56 Hi and Welcome! :wave: Maybe you can try to find some foods that are less calorie dense and fill up on them. It's not a good feeling to be hungry. I wouldn't like that at all. There are a number of great tasting veggies that are low calorie and filling.

LindseyLou
02-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Diana - No problem! I thought it was kind of neat. For Pilates they have an e-course you can sign up for that has different workouts every week it sends to your e-mail.

Babsie - :welcome3: Great job on your progress thus far! :D Sounds like you have a great plan in place!

Sum38
02-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Morning,

I am finally getting better:cp: But my little man is sick:(

Welcome babsie56! Good job on your 5 pound loss :carrot:

I think I gained a pound while I was sick. Oh well... I can focus on walking again. I will take it easy -- I am a speed demon -- so I will keep my walk a bit lighter speed for the next few days.

I am meeting girlfriend for lunch, sushi. I like sushi because I can not exceed 500 calories, I am stuffed. I made my mealplan and totaling 1400 cal for the day.

Everyone have a FAB day!:hug:

Diana3271
02-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

It's been a rough night/morning, here. Yesterday DH started feeling bad and it went downhill from there. He's been up all night sick. Magnum (our dog) decided at 6:30 am that it was time to get up and play. :( I have been trying to clean up from where DH was sick. Although I have not had enough sleep, I had a good weigh in this morning. I'm down 1.2 pounds to 159.2. TTOM has started so I am expecting a weight increase from that. I am mentally prepared for that.

I am adjusting my ticker for my new goal of 157. I feel like adjusting it to 155. I still want to stay between 155-160. But for some reason, I want to get to my normal BMI range of 155. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Diana3271
02-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Sum I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Now that you are feeling better, you will probably drop that extra pound quickly. I've noticed that some people do have a slight gain when they are sick. I think the body is focusing on healing itself and not losing weight. Enjoy the sushi and time with your friend.

Sum38
02-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks Diana! Boy, everyone is sick :( Hope hubby gets better soon and you won't catch it.

My healthy BMI is at 140 lbs, and that is one of my goals; so go for it! I set my goal to 125, but in reality if I get down to 140, I am a very happy woman.

I think it is a nice goal, mentally to be within "normal" BMI.

shellsbrood
02-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Good Morning, All! :val3:

Diana--Ugh, that's awful. I hope your hubby feels better soon and that you get some rest. :hug: If you want to get down to 155 then I'd say go for it. It's only 2lbs less than your current goal weight anyway, right? Congrats on getting to the 150s!!! :woohoo:

Sum--So glad you're feeling better! I hope your little man feels better soon. :(

Welcome Babsie! What a great start!

Lindsey--Oooh, I'll definitely check that link out. I just bought a yoga DVD to try, but haven't had the guts to do it yet. :lol:

Pint--Good luck on your race!! Glad you don't have to eat all those donuts. :barf:

Vixsin--You are a superstar!! :dancer: AWESOME job on on 4 miles!! I'm SO proud of you!!!!!

Serbrider--Feel better soon. :hug:

Helen--That's right! We don't always make the best choices, but we can always make the decision to try again. :carrot:

LLBold--I need to have my wisdom teeth out and I'm petrified to have it done. Feel better soon!

Shannon--I bet you'll see the changes on the scale very soon!!

Larry--I love talapia! Your dinner sounds yummy.

Debbie--You'll get there, I know it! I remember starting out at 261 last Sept and thinking I'd never get down to Onderland. Now, it's just around the corner. Stick with us and we'll be cheering you on!! :cheer:

Kim--Ugh, yuck to "monster-pause"! I hope you feel better soon.

Hi to everyone else this morning! :wave:

Dh finished up an emergency project at work that he's been working on for three months. They had to pass a certification process and they aced it with flying colors. So, I finally get my hubby back! No more long/late nights/weekends/mornings. We celebrated with beer and pizza last night, so while I was under my calories, the choices were a bit extravagant. I made the pizza, so it was whole wheat with veggies and I only had 1/2 of my beer. So, I still consider it a win. Calories yesterday, 1,493

Enjoy your weekend! We're getting hit with another storm tonight. I'm so ready for winter to be over. :mad:

shellsbrood
02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh, and I officially have a new low this morning! The scale finally read 205.8 when I first weighed this morning, so yay!

Diana3271
02-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Shells Congrats on the new low! :carrot: I've been busy and forgot to mention that you are gorgeous in your new avatar. I also saw your pictures in the skirt. Again, you are gorgeous and rockin' that skirt!

You know what, I am going to change my ticker to 155. :lol: I can always change it back if I get too hormonal. :lol:

berryblondeboys
02-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Oh goodness, I don't know how you all respond to everyone in one post! I'll try my best by having two tabs open to go back and forth.

First, for me. Well, I was half afraid the pound drop I saw yesterday was a fluke, but it's .2 lower this morning, so it must be real. i CANNOT wait to get to 10 pounds off. I have 1.4 pounds to go!!! I rediscovered how yummy hummus was yesterday, so that's another snack food for me to add to the diet. Funny how I'm rediscovering all these healthy foods!

My 5 year old had me up early this morning, so that wasn't fun, but oh well, it could have been even earlier! and exercise is going well. I look forward to it a wee tiny, little bit.... not in love with it yet, but I do crave that after exercise high and the hunger suppression it provides! Have a great day everyone!

Jomatho - you've lost a significant amount, WHy not take a photo and compare it to before? I bet you would see a difference!

GainingweightinLA - remember if you feel that eating lower is difficult, don't. It's not like you will stop losing weight. if you go too extreme, it will be hard to keep it up. There is NO WAY I could be happy under 1200 calories or even AT 1200 calories. I'm a hungry girl!

Sum38 Sorry you have been sick and now your son is sick. Tis the season, I'm afraid, but glad to see that your scale worked with you yesterday. And I don't know if you saw it, but my husband is from Croatia. I saw in another thread that you are from Finland, cool! No wonder you don't mind walking in the snow! :D

Lauren I hope the weekend is bringing you some peace and better feelings.

Vixsin (love your user name by the way) Great job on .8 down and I'm with ya on shoveling snow. I watched hubby do it the last storm we had and then went downstairs to do my workout in the comfort of my own home. And great work out!!!

Lindseylou Good luck with the super bowl party tomorrow! And good job with diet and working out. See, when I clean for an hour, I count that as my exercise for the day!

debbieOBX Little worried by your low calorie day, but if you feel good and it works for you, then I'll try not to worry too much!

Breanne Hope your housewarming party went well and good luck with the super bowl party!

MzJuicyD Way to go on the weight loss and reaching your most lost ever! That has to feel great!

Serbrider Glad the scale worked in your favor yesterday, but yuck on being sick!!!

Pint Sized Terror Glad to hear the donuts are not an issue as you feared, congrats to your friend on a new baby! And HIDE THOSE GOODIES. I find if I don't see them, I'm not tempted by them. We always have similar no-nos in the house too.

Belly Buster Hope TTOM is kind to you and that you have a nice at home super bowl party with the family!

Larry Yay on the one pound down and great job on walking 3 miles in an hour! I'm wanting to see how fast my miles have become too, but not until it stops snowing, raining and being yucky outside!

shannonmb Great job on eating and exercising. You are in a groove!

LLBoldasLove87 Happy healing, Woohoo! on a trip to Italy, and good luck with upping the running. Why not?

helen73 We all have good days and bad. Just take it one day at a time. Good vibes for today!

Diana Great meal plan and WooHoo! On getting lower! And I think going to 155 is just fine!

Babsie Welcome and great start!!!!

Shellsbrood Glad you get your hubby back and your celebration of pizza and beer sounded like a great way to do it and still restrained! Go you on your new low too!

Larry H
02-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Shells Way to go girl!! :carrot: I can't remember the last time I was 205.8

Diana Move that goal if you want to you are in charge. You are an inspiration to me! :D

Berryblondeboys Congrats on the loss :carrot: and thanks for your encouragement.

Larry,
----------
When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that they take better care of it there. ~Cecil Selig

LindseyLou
02-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

It's been a rough night/morning, here. Yesterday DH started feeling bad and it went downhill from there. He's been up all night sick. Magnum (our dog) decided at 6:30 am that it was time to get up and play. :( I have been trying to clean up from where DH was sick. Although I have not had enough sleep, I had a good weigh in this morning. I'm down 1.2 pounds to 159.2. TTOM has started so I am expecting a weight increase from that. I am mentally prepared for that.

I am adjusting my ticker for my new goal of 157. I feel like adjusting it to 155. I still want to stay between 155-160. But for some reason, I want to get to my normal BMI range of 155. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Aww, I'm sorry to hear your DH is sick! :( Hope he is better real soon! And what is with the dogs waking us up early? Mine were up at 5:50am! :dizzy:

Congrats on the loss! You're on fire Diana! :D As for adjusting your ticker to 155, I say go for it. If you really want to be at the normal BMI, do it! I know you can! :hug:

Diana3271
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Berry Congrats that the 1 pound stuck and it took along a .2! :carrot:

Larry Hi :wave: I like the greener grass quote!

Diana3271
02-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Lindsey This is for me and you, Babe. Magnum did NOT look like this this morning. Did your pups? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8G4YgQyEMk&feature=player_embedded It made me smile to watch it, though.

LindseyLou
02-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Shells – That’s awesome! Why don’t you have the guts to try the yoga? Afraid you’ll kick TOO much @ss? ;) You will rock it! YAY for hubby! That’s great you guys celebrated. Staying under calories having beer and pizza, definitely a WIN!! :carrot: Congrats on your new low!!!!! :yay:

Berry – What I do is open a word document and go back and forth between my browser and the thread. Less scrolling! ;) Congrats on the loss! :D
It seems like when everyone is “whooshing” I gain..:lol: What is with that? By body just has to be the odd one out. ;) We went out to dinner last night and despite me having a salad, I see it was higher in sodium so I think that’s why…

148.6# this morning (up 0.4)

I’m starting my Pilates program today so I took measurements (something I’ve been slacking on for a while). I was pleasantly surprised to see despite my weight being bouncy last month and only losing 5 pounds; I’ve lost another 1½” on my waist, another ½” on my hips, and even lost on my arms and thighs! I’ll take it! I’m interested to see with the Pilates if I see a different in inches once I complete the program (30 days).

I'll be back..I can't stay away from 3FC for too long. ;) Have a great, OP day everyone!!