Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Splenda - sucralose

Now I know for sure what gives me week long D. I have had problem with big D since Christmas and I finally figured out it is Splenda - sucralose in my smoothies and RTD. I cant tolerate any at all anymore, even dash of Splenda gave me awful D. Now I need to try real food and low carb - what a disappointment but I can't live in bathroom and being more and more sick. At first this sucralose did not affect at all but it has come worse day by day now and it is totally out of control. Just wanted let you know if somebody has even little stomach problem like I had at first, please leave all artificial sweeteners... At first I taught it was Whey, now I know what was the reason. It took weeks to figure that leaving one by one possibilities offall WF products has Splenda too - too bad

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-31-2011 at 09:03 PM.
bulleriina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

have you tried stevia drops?? no D and no headaches!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

You could do the alternate plan! If you can do whey, then you could buy a whey protein powder sweetened with stevia and do the alternate protocol for phase 1. You won't have quite as much variety but, you can still do this!

showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You could do the alternate plan! If you can do whey, then you could buy a whey protein powder sweetened with stevia and do the alternate protocol for phase 1. You won't have quite as much variety but, you can still do this!

Do you think that Stevia is better? Is that better to use drops and I even saw Stevia in raw at Publix...maybe I'll try that, but later...I was so SICK

Thanks, you are awesome helper and support for everyone ♥

Last edited by bulleriina; 02-02-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Now I know for sure what gives me week long D. I have had problem with big D since Christmas and I finally figured out it is Splenda - sucralose in my smoothies and RTD. I cant tolerate any at all anymore, even dash of Splenda gave me awful D. Now I need to try real food and low carb - what a disappointment but I can't live in bathroom and being more and more sick. At first this sucralose did not affect at all but it has come worse day by day now and it is totally out of control. Just wanted let you know if somebody has even little stomach problem like I had at first, please leave all artificial sweeteners... At first I taught it was Whey, now I know what was the reason. It took weeks to figure that leaving one by one possibilities off all WF products has Splenda too - too bad
One of the more active members from last summer, Coastalcrafter, has returned. It turned out that she had extreme reactions to sucralose; I can't recall if her symptoms were digestive or more migraine/headache. The sucralose-free IP options are slim ... I think you're down to the omelet and soups. She was trying shakes with an unsweetened or stevia-sweetened whey powder.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #6  
Started 1/31/11

S/C/G: 268.8/258/145

Height: 5'7"

I think I may be having a reaction to the suralose too, it really tastes truly awful to me (makes me gag) and after I eat it my skin feels like is is crawling and flush and itchy. Going to give it the rest of this week but I'm bummed. I knew this could be a problem for me as I have had reactions to other artificial sweeteners. My body doesn't like chemicals
CAMom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMom2011 View Post
I think I may be having a reaction to the suralose too, it really tastes truly awful to me (makes me gag) and after I eat it my skin feels like is is crawling and flush and itchy. Going to give it the rest of this week but I'm bummed. I knew this could be a problem for me as I have had reactions to other artificial sweeteners. My body doesn't like chemicals
I had itching skin and scalp too before the bad reaction and taught that it was because my skin is dry. Did not have any this kind of symptoms before. And finally it got so bad and I was really sick. I have been without any sweeteners now 3 days and everything is fine and calm...NEVER AGAIN any sweeteners....and you have to read labels very carefully, almost everything has something, even some Vitamins and bacon (did not buy but just checked) I'm doing Ip now with real food and started lose again, 3 lbs in three days Even that I had so bad D I did not lose any..

Last edited by bulleriina; 02-03-2011 at 07:59 AM.