100 lb. Club - Moving out of the 260s!

View Full Version : Moving out of the 260s!

girlonfire
01-31-2011, 08:21 PM
There are "get me out of..." threads for the 270s, 250s, 240s, and 220s/230s, but none for the 260s! Are there any other 260s out there interested in a thread all about moving out of the 260s?

Patrizia
01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
YES! I have been stuck in the 260s for a couple of weeks now... 259.9 has never sounded so good!

opheliaphoenix
01-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Sure! I was on the 240-260 thread, but I do like the idea of a seperate one for each bracket like all the other groups...makes it exciting to move into entirely seperate threads with each new set of numbers, I think. :D

I have been bouncing back and forth bewteen 262-267 for a long time now. Yesterday, I was right at 262. I will weigh myself again tomorrow morning and see where I am at then.

girlonfire
01-31-2011, 11:26 PM
Man, you guys are so far ahead of me in getting out! I will be left all alone in this thread :lol:.

Well, we are small in number, but soon we'll move on out! I know there are some ladies in the 270s thread itching to get here :)

gloo
02-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Dude, I'm so in. These last 3 lbs. in the 260s are making me cranky.

Infinity and beyond!

Leec37
02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm in. I can't wait to get to the next bracket. 259 here I come!!

kiki100
02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Man, you guys are so far ahead of me in getting out! I will be left all alone in this thread :lol:.

Cholekinsicle, don't worry...I'll join you in here shortly (weigh in isn't until Friday but I peeked and I'm at 270 now) and I'll be here a while! :carrot:

girlonfire
02-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Cool! It's nice to not be the only lone person in the 260s. I was 267.4 yesterday, but unfortunately right now I have a UTI and am incredibly bloated/retaining water so I was back up to 269 this morning. Hopefully all the water I've been chugging will help with that!

Slashnl
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Yep, I'm ready to get out of the 260's. I actually was in the 250's awhile back, and lost focus. Dang. Now I have to fight to get back there.

kiki100
02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Slashnl, I was in the 220's awhile ago an dlost focus. Don't worry...we'll both get back there!

opheliaphoenix
02-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Yay, my scale told me 259.4 this morning! Buuut, since the body fluctuates so much in the beginning, I'm going to stay on this thread with you girls until I know it's official and not just a little less water in my system. We shall see tomorrow! :crossed:

UPDATE: Yup, it was just a fluctuation...I'm back at 261 even today. (2/4/11) :halfempty

girlonfire
02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
*bump*

Slashnl
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Went up on the scale today. Just a little bit, but enough to make me kick myself for stupid food choices yesterday. Superbowl doesn't have to make you eat crap, but I did it anyway.

opheliaphoenix
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Dropped back to 259 on the scale this morning, and - again - I will see if I maintain it by tomorrow's weigh-in to see if I'm actually moving threads. Plain water weight is insidious right at these moments of transition, isn't it? :dizzy: Haha.

couponmom85
02-08-2011, 04:45 PM
yep the 260's are trying to drive me nuts!
i have been holding steady for a week or 2 at 261
well thanks to this weekend and possible bloating (maybe I'll finally have a tom lol)
I'm up to 264.8 this morning :(
but I'm doing well today on my plan.

so i figure once you break into the 250's, and hold it for a week then your officially into the next weight group. (at least for me.)
glad to know in not the only one stuck.

good luck everyone!

opheliaphoenix
02-08-2011, 05:32 PM
so i figure once you break into the 250's, and hold it for a week then your officially into the next weight group. (at least for me.)

You know, I think that's probably a good rule of thumb. Once I'm able to maintain being under the 60 mark for a week, I will consider myself to be "officially" out of the 260s. And, yes...I'm definitely having the same issue as you: this bracket is just wanting to stick to me like glue! Lol.

girlonfire
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey ladies! I'm glad people are posting in this thread! As for me, I am still in the 260s. I was 269.8 when I weighed today, but I'm a idiot and weighed after breakfast and lunch, so who knows? I'll try for a more reasonable number tomorrow. My little goal for this week is to get to 265 or below: halfway mark!

Sunnyhikes
02-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Hello All
Hope I can join in here. My starting weight as of the doctor's scale this morning was 262.... so here goes!

Leec37
02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
The 260's are making me crazy. I have been bouncing back and forth from 263 to 266 for a week now. I't like my body doesn't know what it wants to do. I just keep plugging along. Eventually it will go down or at least that's what I hope.
Good Luck everyone!!

theox
02-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm glad you started this thread, chloe. I've been bouncing all around the 260s for a couple weeks. Let's do this!

girlonfire
02-10-2011, 10:53 AM
theox- ugh I am SO ready to get out of the 260s. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want to see those 250s already! (250 was the weight I would NEVER let myself get to...oops)

I weighed in at 267.6, which is only one pound away from my previous low of 266.6 (muahahahaha devil's weight!) and only 2.6 pounds from my little goal of 265 or below. I would be thrilled if that happened!

shannonmb
02-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Yay, a 260s thread! I just had a little whoosh that brought me down to 263 today, so I guess I'll be here with you for at least a couple weeks!

I am really, really excited to get to the 250s for some reason. My second major goal is 250, and even though I'll have to get down to the bottom of that decade, just BEING in the decade will be very motivating for me. Not sure when my weight last was 250-something, but it's been a very long time. Exciting!!! :carrot: Below that, I can't even imagine. But I'm getting there!!!!

Slashnl
02-10-2011, 02:37 PM
I've always liked the idea of being under 250 because then you are closer to 200 than to 300! But, I guess I have to get out of the 260's before I can get out of the 250's. :) One step at a time.

opheliaphoenix
02-10-2011, 03:17 PM
To Sunny, Leec, Theox, and Shannon: :welcome3: Good to see more people joining in...glad to have you here with us!

Chloe: You're almost there! Not much longer now. :goodvibes

Slash: I've always seen it that way, too. As soon as I hit 250+ in my weight, all I could think about was that I was now closer to 300 than 200. That mindset was a slippery slope for me, though...I continued to gain almost 20 more pounds, thinking it didn't matter since I was "so close" to 300 anyways. Then, I reminded myself of how nice 250 would sound if I were to hit 300, and it snapped me back to reality right before I crashed ungracefully into the 270s...lol.

Here's to reaching that 250 turning point together, you guys! :cheers:

djs06
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey gals! I used to be a frequent poster on the 100 lb club, and happened to be checking today. Thought I'd say hi- here's to the 250s!

girlonfire
02-11-2011, 12:29 AM
We can do it! The 250s are waiting, beckoning for us. Then we'll be closer to 200!

I have a confession: I peeked at my scale before bed and it says 268. Usually my morning weight is less than my nighttime weight, so I'm hoping for a nice 1-2 pound drop. I have been doing *very* well this week, so here's keeping my fingers crossed!

ParadiseFalls
02-11-2011, 01:11 AM
I've always liked the idea of being under 250 because then you are closer to 200 than to 300! But, I guess I have to get out of the 260's before I can get out of the 250's. :) One step at a time.

I think about this all the time!!

And I'll join :D

girlonfire
02-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Weighed in at 266.2 this morning- yes! Only 1.2 pounds away! I'm pretty sure tomorrow's weigh-in won't go so well because my house is having a party and it is one of the rare times I will be drinking, so I have to budget my calories around the alcohol I drink (what can I say, I'm a college student!). Luckily I'm a lightweight :).

shannonmb
02-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Great loss, Chloe! I like this thread, I've never been in a 'decade' thread before, but it's interesting to read the posts of people in the exact same place! All of us goin' for those 250s. If I keep working out the way I did today, I'll be there in no time! WooWOO!

And the best part about my workout this morning, was that I was really in a major funk of a mood. PEEVED, and not really for much of a good reason. Even when I first started I was trying to hang on to that irritation, but by the time I was finished, I really did feel better. Exercise for mental health, gotta love it! I'm a somewhat anxious person in general, and I've really started to look at my exercising as BLOWING OFF STEAM, just burning off all that anxious energy. If anyone had told me at the beginning that I would come to love exercise, I would have seriously laughed. But I'm really seeing a mind/body connection coming together for me! :carrot:

Just gotta KEEP IT GOING! I am about to start feeling REALLY GOOD, instead of just "better". :D

Leec37
02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Chloe-congrats on the lose!:carrot:

Shannon-I had a similar situation this week. After working 9 hours and coming home to dinner, laundry, etc. I was in the worst mood. I became aggrevated at the hubby, daughter and even the dog. It's amazing how different my mood was after a very intense 1 hour workout. I felt recharged and releived. Who would of thought that excercise could have such an inpact.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Have a fantastic weekend!!

ParadiseFalls
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I can't seem to get out of the 267.___'s!! :p Driving me crazy...

Chloe, we have similar stats all around — height, start weight, current weight, goal weight. I'm going to try to keep up with you on down! :D

opheliaphoenix
02-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Djs06 - Hi, and welcome! :wave:

Paradise - Nice to see you here, too! I remember you from the Falling In Love With Your Scale thread. Welcome!

Chloe - Look at you! You're doing great. Watch out for drunk munchies after drinking tonight, though...those always kill my diet more than the alcohol itself, lol. Good luck, and have fun!

Shannon - I'm starting a new exercise plan this week, so that is really encouraging to read. I think it's a good idea to focus any negative energy for burning away during exercise. Also sounds like it will be a good visual for me to keep in mind while I work out. Can't wait to join you guys in the "wow, I love exercise now..who knew!?" club, haha.

Leec - You too!

PERSONAL UPDATE:
I'm still fluctuating right in that high-50s range, depending on the time of day, so I'm still waiting that week I spoke of a few days ago to see where I am officially. I dropped below on the 8th, so on the 15th I will be able to comfortably determine where I'm at. I've been drinking extra water to try to flush out any retention I may be holding on to to be sure. Again, keeping my fingers crossed that it's legit weight loss this time, lol. :crossed:

shannonmb
02-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Ophelia, we'll miss you, chicky! :D But make room for ALL of us over on the 250s thread, we're comin' to join you!!!

girlonfire
02-12-2011, 01:08 PM
paradisefalls- Hehe yeah! We can do it! It's always fun to check out the height, weight, size thread cause people that weight 50 pounds less than me at my height can wear a bigger size. It's crazy! Let's slide down this hill together :)

opheliaphoenix- I didn't even get drunken munchies this time around! I was pleasantly surprised. I did drink quite a bit, but I also danced for about 3 hours!

I am (somehow) down to 265.4 this morning! I saw 264.8 a couple of times, but it flickered up to 265.4 my next couple times on the scale ( I hopped on a few times because I didn't believe it). If it was 264.8, then I'll be surprised tomorrow! If it wasn't, I won't be disappointed. Soooo clooose to my halfway point out of the 260s!

alyssarof2012
02-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey all!
I'm new here to the 260s thread. =]
How is everyone doing?
Good luck to everyone on getting out of the 260s!

djs06
02-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Congrats, Ophelia! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Chloe, glad you had a good time! I remember in my college drinking days it was much more fun finding out that I had lost a little bit after a night of debauchery ;) Good for you for avoiding those munchies.

Hi Alyssa :wave:

And happy weekend everyone! What's everyone up to? Today has been a lazy day for me- it's 5 already and I'm still in my PJs. :lol: Love those lazy days. Took a long nap with the cat. Good times. heh

alyssarof2012
02-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi Dana :wave:

I'm sitting around wasting time on the computer and drinking tons of water, waiting on my mom to leave so I can exercise. I should probably take my vitamins right about now..

What do you all do for exercise?
I currently am doing a Madonna Grimes dance workout dvd. It kicks my butt. I was doing the Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Bootcamp DVD, but it involved to much jogging for someone who lives on the 2nd floor of a fragile building with neighbors who complain about everything.

opheliaphoenix
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
...so on the 15th I will be able to comfortably determine where I'm at.

Well, ladies, it's the 15th! A week has passed since I dropped into the 50s again, so now I can say it's official. I've maintained under and actually lost a couple more, so I'll be moving threads. Can't wait until you guys follow! Which reminds me...

Ophelia, we'll miss you, chicky! But make room for ALL of us over on the 250s thread, we're comin' to join you!!!

...I'll miss ya guys, too, and I will be most definitely saving some spots for you guys there! You're all right there on my heels, lol. See you guys soon! Thanks again for making this thread. :wave:

djs06
02-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Congrats Ophelia! Keep up the great work!

How was everyone's Valentine's day? I made my gf's favorite dinner (goulash) and she brought home a (peanut butter!) cake, so mine wasn't too diet-friendly but at least I made it to the gym in the morning (and again this morning). I never thought I would be a morning exerciser but it really helps me actually get it done.

quantumsheep
02-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone! I've just hit the 260s today (268.6), and I'm revved to get right out of them.

I can't wait to see you all in the next thread as well.

shannonmb
02-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey ladies, hope you are all well. Had my weigh in today and stayed exactly the same. I lost 5 lbs last week, so I expect that if my usual standstill/whoosh pattern holds true, I'll be here for at least another 2 weeks.

At the beginning I was weighing monthly, which I really liked because I always had a decent loss to show for myself whenever I got on the scale. Decided to get a better eye on the patterns as I get down, so started weekly weighing at the beginning of the year. This staying the same thing for 2 weeks or so gets on my last frickin nerve, especially since I have continued to increase the intensity of my workouts since New Year's as well. I can't seem to get used to it. I could go back to monthly weighing, but I am determined to form a better relationship with the scale than this dysfunctional love/hate thing we have going (and always have)!

On a lighter note (and quite possibly TMI :o), hubby and I had some "time to ourselves" a couple days ago, and he told me later that all of a sudden I felt "small" to him, not smaller, but "small". hahahahahah Yeah, he's been used to me over 300 lbs for a number of years, so I guess the 260s feels small these days! hahahahaha A nice NSV for me, and certainly makes me a bit more interested in "time to ourselves". :)

Have a great day, everyone!!

stasiagurl91
02-17-2011, 11:25 AM
One more pound and I'm offcially in the 250s! I can't wait to get out ofmy last 10 lbs. It's so easier to focus on 10lbs intervals than all the weight youw ant to lose.

theox
02-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Good jobs, everybody! :cb: :cb: :cb:

girlonfire
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Hey 260s ladies! Sorry I haven't been around much, things got CRAZY over here for awhile. Sadly, my scale died and I can't afford a new one, so I've been weighing myself at the school gym, but since I work out later in the day and after I eat I don't know how much that's worth.

theox
02-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Well, as long as you're consistent about when you weigh in and remember to take fluid/food intake into account, it'll probably at least show you which direction you're heading in.

shannonmb
02-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Woo hoo! Lost 3 lbs at today's weigh-in after nothing last week. Still 260, but won't be long now till I have to search out that next decade thread! :carrot: 10 lbs to go by late May to make it to 100 lbs lost in a year! That would be pretty amazing to me!

BlueEyes83
02-24-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm almost there, 2lbs to go!! I can't wait to see the 250's!!
Come on everyone, we can do it!!

theox
02-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Good job Shannon and BlueEyes83!

Sunnyhikes
02-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Ladies!
So exciting news - I haven't weighted in a while and then I got on the scale today and to my complete shock it read 252.... I've dropped 10lbs so far, am only 2lbs away from my st. paddys day goal and am considering it safe to say I'm out of the 260s for good. I didn't get to post too much here in this thread but I hope to see you all down in the 250s thread and so on and so on.

WOOOO. Good results for good behavior feels good.

alyssarof2012
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
congrats on the weigh in Sunnyhikes!

Just came to update how I'm doing. My weight was at a standstill for a while, but tonight I weighed in at 266 lbs. In the morning I'll probably be anywhere from 261 - 264 lbs. I will update my ticker again tomorrow afternoon when I come home. (though i will weigh in the morning.)

Hope you all are doing well!

purplecrush
03-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Im sooo irritated! I cant get out of the 250's!!! Ive gotten to 249 a few months ago, but then got lazy :/ Oh well!! Im getting out this time by golly!!!! :)