Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Substitute for Girl Scout cookies

View Full Version : Substitute for Girl Scout cookies

oodlesofnoodles
01-31-2011, 06:38 PM
I try not to eat too much overly processed crap, but some of it just tastes so darn good. Today I found these (http://www.prizey.net/images/uploads/prizey/cache/FiberPlus_Caramel_Coconut-199x204.jpg)(Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars in caramel coconut fudge), and they taste just like those Samoa Girl Scout cookies, just in a nice portion controlled wrapper. They're only 120 calories, and have something like 9 grams of fiber, and I think 4 protein. They're really not that bad nutritionally, and a nice treat when having a craving.

Razorbackbritt
01-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for posting! I LOVE samoas...but didn't buy any this year becuase I seriously eat half the box in a sitting when I get them. This might be a nice way to get the indulgence without the regret.

oodlesofnoodles
01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
And the best part is you can't eat two or you will pay in the bathroom.

morphomel
02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
And the best part is you can't eat two or you will pay in the bathroom.

Best part? Lol. I've binged on those damned bars. A whole box equals so much pain... And I knew very well that it'd hurt, too. Gah, what the heck was I thinking :?: I actually think I had a bag of prunes along with the bars. It's a wonder my poor stomach/intestines survived it.

amandaswan89
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh man, I love fiber one bars.. the chocolate one is better then a snickers in my opinion. I use to steal my moms before I even started dieting. I have found when I get a sweet tooth, if im smart and grab one of those I stay fuller so much longer and I dont have to pay with the high calorie intake.