South Beach Diet - sugar free frappuccino?

View Full Version : sugar free frappuccino?

Willow324
01-31-2011, 06:10 PM
What do you think about this as an occasional treat with fat free milk and no whip cream?
Are the sugars from the milk?

01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Occasional Treat? Go for it. Just make sure you are avoiding the caramel sauce, and other things, and going with one that is made with the LIGHT base and requesting SF syrup. But, watch as its very chemically ect. You'd be better off with an iced SF skinny vanilla latte.

abetterme
01-31-2011, 06:44 PM
I think its fine. I think a small light frappuccino with sugar free syrup is less than 100 cals (also no whip) I used to work at starbucks. The light base has some sugar but a lot less than the regular base, that with the non fat milk you should be good!

murphmitch
01-31-2011, 11:11 PM
The light base has some sugar but a lot less than the regular base, that with the non fat milk you should be good!

It's a no-no if there's any sugar in it other than the natural milk sugars (lactose). I'm not familiar with the frappucino though. I always get a skinny latte with FF milk & SF syrup.

Natasha1534
02-01-2011, 12:28 AM
I thought I saw somewhere that the base for a Starbucks frappucino has 20g of sugar in it??? Maybe I'm wrong. I stopped getting frappucinos, though. If nothing else, use the iced vanilla coffee recipe in the Southbeach book and just freeze the coffee...then blend it up. I did it that way and it's yummy!!!

Willow324
02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
there is regular, light and sugar free...the light does have some sugar but the sugar free shouldnt have any.

Natasha1534
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
there is regular, light and sugar free...the light does have some sugar but the sugar free shouldnt have any.
Are you talking specifically about Starbucks??? Because I tried to order a "sugar-free frappucino" one day and was told the base still has sugar in it.

Willow324
02-02-2011, 12:24 PM
no not starbucks specifically but I will definitely ask wherever I go and it says 'sugar free' thanks for the heads up.

shibby06
06-14-2012, 10:40 AM
What do you think about this as an occasional treat with fat free milk and no whip cream?
Are the sugars from the milk?

Guys, if you get a jug, put in ice and a couple of spoonfuls of instant coffee (0.6 cals a spoon) fill it with cold water and top it with skimmed milk, then add calorie free sweetener tablets to taste (i use canderel and add probably 4 for the jug) then blend it all, it makes the most delicious frappuccino. And at around 30 calories a glass it is soooo good :)
I am currently trying to lose weight for my holiday and have a horrendous sweet tooth, this has been getting me through, plus, if you need a treat, you can always buy starbucks sugar free caramel syrup and add a little of that too, but personally i dont think it needs it. Let me know what you think!

slimbysummer
06-14-2012, 04:09 PM
shibby06
where can we buy starbucks sf syrup, i always by da vinci but have to get it by post
eileen

NerdyNurse
06-14-2012, 05:46 PM
I make something similar to what shibby06 does. I mix skim milk, instant coffee, some ice and a bit of SF chocolate syrup in a blender. It's kinda like an iced mocha. It's yummy and definitely stops my cravings for a frap. However, I do indulge in an iced skinny vanilla latte from time to time.

EricAnn
06-14-2012, 06:00 PM
shibby06
where can we buy starbucks sf syrup, i always by da vinci but have to get it by post
eileen

You can actually buy it from Starbucks... at least here you can. :)

Ohio Dreamer
06-14-2012, 08:58 PM
I make what I call an iced latte every afternoon when I get home from work. I chill any leftover coffee from breakfast. I mix 1 cup of chilled coffee and 1 cup skim milk, add a shot of sugar free chocolate syrup and enjoy. That is how I get my dairy servings.