Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: January 31- February 6

Tejas
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
New Pages :carrot:

Tejas
01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
:welcome2: Erialicia. What shall we call you? You will find the information that you need from the people on this board. I don't really follow what WW is doing, but some people here know the latest. We're friendly and unfailingly supportive.

Now, just a minute here, Vickie..blaming Texas for your winter weather. And Pam, Sandra and I aren't personally responsible for Texas weather. It's our governor's job :rofl:

Last week I measured my food very carefully and didn't eat any of the commercial energy bars or such. I lost two more pounds. I don't know if the changes made it happen, but they couldn't have hurt.

Rhonda

ps: I've got the sinus crud now, Sandra.

ontarget
01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
:welcome: Alicia. Is that what I should call you? Rhonda's right. This is a good place for info. I am curious as to why you don't like the new program's Simply Filling. (Or is it called Power Food?) I thought it looked pretty good what with allowing diet bread. I'm doing P+ but am eating mainly CORE foods. I need the portion control. At the top of the main page here, there's CORE info. That should help answer some of your questions. Other than that, just ask us and we'll help all we can.

Rhonda, congratulations on losing those 2 pounds. I'm sorry you have the crud. If you don't mind being "drunk", take some Claritin D. That's what I did for 1 day. It helped me and now I'm not taking anything.

Vickie, what's up with this weather? I'm scheduled to sub for a tennis coach tomorrow and am hoping I get cancelled. I can't imagine his having a tennis tournament tomorrow. If I have to go, I'm hoping to get home before the roads get iced over.

I'm at my son's now keeping our granddaughters who have a holiday from school today. We're leaving in a few minutes to go to Cracker Barrel then we'll be off to do some shopping. I need a red top to match my red bow and feathers. Those who don't know me I'm not talking about a feather boa. :lol:

Have a great day, everyone. BBL

blessedwithsarah
01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Alicia -- I started back on WW a couple weeks ago. I loved the original core program but didn't like the last version and stopped following it for a long while. I went to couting calories and did well for me. I looked into the new program and did rejoin because following the Simply Filling Technique is basically (as far as I can tell) the original core program. There are a few things that are no longer on the food list (now called power foods) -- avacados, olives, ketchup are a few I've found. But its eating lean meats, veggies, fruits and ff dairy. The weekly points are more as they are now off the new formula. HTH!!

Rhonda, I'll follow the others with blaming you on the weather! I think the storm hitting Vickie is heading our way. Lucky us get to have 2 storms this week -- one Tuesday afternoon till evening then Wed am through pm. Only about 9 inches of snow on Tuesday followed by freezing rain then snow on Wed. Ahhhh, the joy of New England winters! I'm packing my bag and coming down - its just me, dd, dh, our dog and 2 fish. Have our rooms ready!

Vickie
01-31-2011, 02:52 PM
:D Just got home from stocking up! EVERYONE is out and getting their supplies in to hunker down. They are comparing this to 1967 and 1999 which where the biggest and worst storms we've ever had. My biggest fear is losing power and Jim making himself sick snow blowing/clearing snow. As long as those two things don't happen, I'm good. I've got all kinds of food imaginable here. And....plenty of dog food. We are good.

I'm not blaming Sandra and Rhonda.....BUT it is coming from Texas. I'm just sayin.......:devil::(:o

beach bum
01-31-2011, 03:14 PM
BROUGHT MY POST OVER TO THE NEW PAGES

Good Morning Ladies:)

Going to my PT sessions this morning and than to a smaller market to get my pasta that the larger supermarkets don't carry.

The suns out hopefully it will be warm enough to melt this ice we are having. My friend Pat called and told me she hasn't been out doors since the freeze. Her stairway & path way are full of ice and she s afraid to go out doors. I told her about the Pea Pod as she has a computer,and than doesn't have to worry about running out of food.

Did any of you see Hallmarks Hall of Fame Movie The Lost Valentine on CBS. Oh what a beautiful story about the woman who lost her husband in WW2. If you didn't see it, you can buy the movies at Hallmark.com I forgot to tape it,but it was worth while buying the tape as the story was very touching.

I haven't had a nightmare in ages,I think I know what caused it and I'm not going to watch that {Criminal Minds}TV series anymore.

Can't post more as I have to get ready for my PT session will return later.

Had my PT session and they gave me some kind of massage on my knee that stopped the pain. When I saw my therapist,she started to measure my knee to hip ratio and said that my last weeks measurements was 8 on it down to 4 so she decided to put me on some gym equipment the first was the leg press and than I went on the bicycle. for 5 mins each and the last treatment was the cold compress with little shocks machine for 15 mins and than back again this Wednesday.

ERIALICIA:welcome2: to the thread you'll feel right at home here.

Have to go will be back some time tomorrow morning.

nancy237
01-31-2011, 03:43 PM
What a crazy weekend but I think all is well.
Robin was discharged Friday night and we got home late. Saturday we spent the day at the hospital for a planned admission just for platelets. We got home about 10 pm and by 12 he was running a fever. They allowed him to stay home
til Sunday am because he had IV antibiotics Sat at the hospital.
So Sunday am we were readmitted to the hospital.
The fever has ended it seems but he will stay on IV antibiotics for a few more days I think. The biggest discomfort is a totally raw throat due to the Chemo therapy. They are giving him strong IV pain meds and that is helping. Between that and the benadryl because of blood transfusions he is a zombie right now.
He tries to tell me things and only gets a word or so out.. at least the pain is better.
I feel bad for the misery but I am less worried than I was last week when he reacted to the chemo with swelling & breathing issues. He overheard me talking to someone on the phone saying that I felt better about things and he said he was glad "I" was feeling better :)

Tejas
01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Oh, Nancy, that chemo is so rough! :hug: Hang in!

ems81wales
01-31-2011, 06:15 PM
well done on the loss rhonda :D

Hi pam how are things with you?

Hope your all well xxx

Tejas
01-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok, the wet weather is coming from Texas, but believe me, if we had started this storm, we wouldn't be getting any of it. We'd just send it to you!

Everyone is stocking up on groceries here too, as if we were getting lots of snow. We'll likely just get ice and not be able to drive anywhere.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Nancy, :hug:

Vickie, I was scheduled to sub tomorrow for a tennis coach. Got the call this afternoon that that's been cancelled. I am sooooooo relieved. We're hunkering down, too, and are worried about power outages. We don't have to worry about shoveling snow, but we are concerned about ice on the roads and highlines.

I'm really not too worried. All should go well, and we should be back to normal by weekend.

Ems, how are you doing? Are you having a good week?

Took the granddaughters to Cracker Barrel then shopping. We had a blast and got some good bargains. One got some Barbie "stuff," the other got a zebra-striped bag, and I got my red shirts for the tournament. Now I'll match my bow and arrows. (That's important to female shooters.) :lol:

jojo23
02-01-2011, 02:13 AM
:hug: For you and Robin Nancy.

Welcome Alicia.

My thoughts are with those of you suffering in the snow. We had it bad before Christmas and are expecting more in February which is the month we normally have it.

Rainy here today, I know we need rain but really! This is that fine stuff which finds every nook and cranny no matter how well you wrap up.

Any more nightmares Maryann? I had cramp in the night so didn't sleep so well. Upping my water intake today

ems81wales
02-01-2011, 07:24 AM
hey sandra im good thanks hun im off to uni today i had to finsh my work off over the weekend so was busy with that. How are things with you? xx

Newlifestyle
02-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Hello everyone. How is everyone doing.
Is it okay if I start posting here. You all have such good advice. I am doing ww P+ as my meal plan while following the Beck Diet Solution.
I am having issues with just spending a little while here. I find there is so much to read on the 3FC board that I lose track of time. I am trying to get this under control. I hope everyone is great and that the storm we get isn't too bad.
Have a great day,
Take Care
Ann

Tejas
02-01-2011, 08:00 AM
:welcome2: Ann. Where are you in Canada? I lived in Toronto for 34 years.

22 F and snow on the ground. I'm going to assume that there is no dance class today but that the personal trainer might have made it in to the gym. I don't know if I can get there though. We'll see.

pam920
02-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Welcome Alicia and Ann. The more, the merrier.

I do Simply Filling on the new points plus. I have eaten out too many times this week, although I have made healthy choices. I did splurge and have some hard crusted bread.

I'm sorry everyone is having nasty weather today. Stay safe and warm, inside the comfort of your own home, if possible.

Today is my husbands birthday. It might be another day eating out. We'll see.

ontarget
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi there. We're enjoying the beauty of the ice and snow and so far are still with power. I'm going to make a pot of taco soup in a bit. Lately I've been hungry for soup and have been making several different kinds. Of course, there's been cornbread on the agenda, too.

Ems, I'm glad you're doing well. I'm doing well, too. I didn't lose week before last but lost almost 2 pounds this week. We just have to hang in there. Program works. I think I was lucky not to have a gain week before last since I'd eaten those onion rings.

JoJo, Curtis and I have osteo-arthritis and rainy weather talks to us, too.

:welcome: Ann. Hop right in here. I'm doing wwP+ as my meal plan while working Overeaters' Anonymous. Most of us here are working various programs and not just SF. Post as often as you like. We look forward to getting to know you.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're in for the day. We are, too. Enjoy your birds! I'm scheduled to sub Friday, but I'm guessing that'll be cancelled, too. I doubt the tennis coach will be gone to a tournament in this weather--but who can predict what Friday will be like?

Vickie, are things settling down for you? I miss you.

Paula, Sloan, Nancy, and Maryann, I'm guessing you're staying in, too. Keep warm.

Pam, you're probably our only Chickie with moderate weather. Enjoy! Happy birthday to your DH!

I need to go make taco soup. BBL

Tejas
02-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Speaking of birds: the crows were cawing early this morning. It sounded like "get out here and fix this!" So, I went out and scattered seeds and peanuts, and poured boiling water in the bird bath to defrost it.

It didn't take long for everybody to show up. I think I scored points with St. Francis of Assisi. :lol:

A jay is trying in vain to get the peanuts in the feeder unstuck. All he has to do is fly down to the ground. The bird bath is frozen solid again, of course.

The wind is howling and we are grateful to have wonderful shelter from it and the cold.

Time for oatmeal :hungry:

ems81wales
02-01-2011, 11:10 AM
welcome ann im doing ww propoints as well :D How are you finding it? x

ems81wales
02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
well done on the loss sandra that was fab :d i hope i have a fab a goodloss this week :d

Pam i hope your husband has a lovely birthday if you do go out choose something healthy :D xxx

beach bum
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM

FEBRUARY, already and I don't think we are going to see the groundhog tomorrow with this oncoming snow.

Woke up at 9 AM and guess what is snowing,expecting 1-3" this morning than turning to rain with a mixture coming in right after that{ICE} until the snow comes back this afternoon with another additional 3-6 by the time it ends late tomorrow morning. I sick of this,I have another PT appointment tomorrow at 11AM. I have to listen for the plows this time so I can get my car dug out and drive it to the street so they can plow my driveway not like the last time.

NANCY-Hugs:hug: and Prayers Your way. I know what you're going though and I know it not easy,watching a loved one going though the Chemo treatments,it tends to be scary.Just keep the faith.

RHONDA-Do you have any supermarkets that delivery. I wouldn't know what to do without Pea Pod.

VICKIE-Stay safe,as the mid west is really getting hit with snow.

JOJO-This snow won't stop,my friend Mary tells me the reason it hasn't is that she not in Fla this winter. No nightmares,but I had either acid reflex or a tummy ache as I had to take Chamomile tea. Feel better this morning.

PAM=HB to your DH,enjoy and start watching or dieting the next day.

SANDRA-Staying in today & tomorrow I will have to cancel my PT session.Have to wait and see if I hear the plows ans I don['t want to be missed like I was the last time.

ALICA & ANNE-:welcome2: to our thread you going to like it here.

Have to go and start my chicken stir-fry

Tejas
02-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I just tried to venture out in the car, but turned around and came home safely. Our street wasn't bad at all, but the busier one we connect to was a sheet of ice. I saw that interstate 35 was closed both ways.

The oatmeal was delicious. Now, what's for lunch?

ontarget
02-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you got your feathered friends taken care of early. We were late. Saw some cardinals feeding on the ground beneath the feeders earlier today. Curtis went out after lunch and put out fresh seed. The pond isn't completely frozen, so I guess they will drink there. (You're nicer than I am.)

Maryann, enjoy your day inside. That's what we're doing, too.

Ems, I'm sending you ;) ;) ;) for a fabulous lss this week.

I'm going to make some sf/ff pudding. Sounds good to me. Have a great--safe!!--day, everyone.

ems81wales
02-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks sandra i need it xxx

ontarget
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Any time, Ems.

I am starting a new focus. The plan is to do some time on the exercise bike. I'm going to include one :ebike: for each 10 minutes done per day. Today we've been iced in all day and I have done :ebike: :ebike: :ebike: so far. I may do more while watching Biggest loser. If so, I'll be back to post. I realize riding the exercise bike isn't much, but it's definitely more than I had been doing. Today is Day 1 with this; however, it's Day 238 sugar-free. If I can do that, you'd think I could do the exercise bike. Thank you for your support. I know I'm going to need it.

blessedwithsarah
02-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone. We're getting storm #1 today. Its usually my day off but I had to go into work for a training session. My 25 minute ride took just about an hour. I was a 1/2 hour late for the session. Then I was going to leave and head to the gym at 11:30. DD had a 1/2 day, I told DH I'd be home a bit after 1. Well, never left the office until closer to noon, never made the gym as it took another hour to get home. So, no workout for me today -- I may play wii with dd later to get some movement in for the day. The roads are too bad to walk the dog as well.

The good news is tomorrows storm is looking to be more rain for us than snow. Then finally next week we get some days above freezing so some of the 3+ feet of snow on the ground will melt.

Vickie, how are you doing? Your weather looks horrible!!! Keep warm.

Oh, forgot, today was my wi. I gained 0.2. So, I'll say I stayed the same which is OK since I lost 7 pds in 2 weeks. I was glad that the 7 was a real number and didn't bounce around after I wi last week.

ontarget
02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Paula, you're doing wonderfully! Be safe.

pam920
02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Paula, I would consider that a wash. 7 lbs in 2 weeks is fabulous. It's taken me 2 months to lose 10 lbs.

Sandra, I haven't done any exercise this week. You are doing great in my book.

Rhonda, you are braver than I would be in ice. A birdie told me to tell you thanks.

Maryann, if you are expecting more snow or ice, I think you should cancel your PT. Why risk it.

ems, you are going to have a good number this week. I can feel it.

We went to Outback for dinner. Our waitress was also on WW and she was helping me decide what to eat. She had WW and Outback's info on her phone apps. She was really nice. I didn't eat anything today except a yogurt, so even if I was counting points, I did good. I love their blooming onion but didnt even take a small sample of it.

Have a great evening

sloanie
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey chickies! Our weather is rain, rain, rain. That would be okay, but our drive is a sea of mud. I'm still not able to drive up and down in my car. DS has to come and get me in his truck whenever I go out or come home. The big storm has gone north of us, sorry Vickie. It's a good thing. It is the first day of February, and we have been in school for only ten days.

I've been reading posts but have been too busy to post. I didn't sleep well last night, and I'm falling asleep while typing this. I'll try to check in tomorrow and speak to each of you. Welcome to the new chickies!

Night, night, y'all!!

Tejas
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Good night, Sloan. Don't wash away.

Vickie, I'm glad I'm not in your snowshoes right now. It's bad enough here. I didn't walk the dog tonight and she seemed to understand.

I've been working at keeping calories low, with protein and carbs at 40% of my daily diet. It's not so easy. I've made up a protein shake of cottage cheese, yogurt, ricotta cheese and frozen fruit and that helps.

Boy, Egypt is amazing right now!

ontarget
02-01-2011, 10:22 PM
:high:, Pam. I don't know if I could have done that well at Outback. That was great your waitress was on WW, too. You probably helped each other.

Sloan, I'm glad you're able to be at school.

I didn't do any more biking tonight, but I feel like I'm off to a pretty good start. Not stellar---but good.

Night night, Chickies.

ontarget
02-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Rhonda, we must have been here at the same time. Your protein shake sounds good. You're doing a fantastic job and the scales will be friendly.

nancy237
02-02-2011, 01:20 AM
I have hardly left Robins side for the last month..I just want to be there
to help him be comfortable & in case he needs me. This evening all was calm so I ran home to shower & feed the pets and while I was gone he had a major bad nose bleed that they could not stop because of the low platelets.
When I came in the room there were 5 nurses & aids & blood everywhere..
After 2 units of platelets & a ENT Dr added some clotting paper to his nose it stopped. They were using a suction container and he lost about a quart of blood. This whole chemo is the worst thing I have ever watched someone go through. My mom had liver cancer 20 years ago & a liver transplant and it was not as bad as what he is going through (or maybe time has dulled my memory)
I do remember that after mom died the only way i could remember her for
almost a year was sick & suffering instead of remembering the good times. It was hard for me to get past those last months she went through , so maybe hers was as bad.
It is going to hard to leave the hospital at all now because I don't know what will happen when i am gone ..I think I will only leave if someone is here that will call me. Everyone says I should take breaks but I don't feel good about leaving him here.
Sorry to ramble ..it helps to post what is going on...

jojo23
02-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Nancy I wish we all lived nearer to you and Robin.

Maryann I used to get acid reflux when I was in bed. Half a teaspoon of turmeric disolved in half a teaspoon of honey in hot water just before going to bed stopped it.

Welcome to Alicia and Alice. We love getting new people on here with tips and suggestions.

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS A DIET
In the beginning God covered the earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, with green, yellow and red vegetables of all kinds so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.
Then using God's bountiful gifts, Satan created Dairy Ice Cream and Magnums.
And Satan said 'You want hot fudge with that?
And Man said 'Yes!'
And Woman said 'I'll have one too with chocolate chips'.
And lo, they gained 10 pounds.
And God created the healthy yoghurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair.
And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat and sugar from the cane and combined them.
And Woman went from size 12 to size 14.
So God said 'Try my fresh green salad'.
And Satan presented Blue Cheese dressing and garlic croutons on the side.
And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.
God then said 'I have sent you healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them'.
And Satan brought forth deep fried coconut king prawns, butter-dipped lobster chunks and chicken fried steak, so big it needed its own platter.
And Man's cholesterol went through the roof.
Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with potassium and good nutrition.
Then Satan peeled off the healthy skin and sliced the starchy centre into chips and deep fried them in animal fats adding copious quantities of salt.
And Man put on more pounds.
God then brought forth running shoes so that his Children might lose those extra pounds.
And Satan came forth with a cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels.
And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering light and started wearing stretch jogging suits.
Then God gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite.
And Satan created McDonalds and the 99p double cheeseburger.
Then Satan said 'You want fries with that?' and Man replied
'Yes, And super size 'em'.
And Satan said 'It is good.' And Man and Woman went into cardiac arrest.
God sighed ......... and created quadruple by-pass surgery.
And then Satan chuckled and created the National Health Service.

ems81wales
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
cheers pam :D

How is everyone today?

I done 45mins on the tredmill walking and later im doing step. xxxx

blessedwithsarah
02-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Jojo, that was good!!!

Nancy, thoughts are with you and Robin. I hope he has a better day today.

Welcome Ann!!

Well, its raining her now - instead of the snow we were supposed to get. I'm working from home today as the roads are a mess. The rain is icing on everything. The good news -- the groundhog did not see his shadow. So if there isn't an early spring, I'll cook you all up some groundhog stew. I'm sure groundhog is a lean protien. Right? :)

Slaon, sorry to hear your now having mud problems. Did the snow go away or is that part of the problem with melting? We have about 3-4 feet on the ground now. With rain today and warm temps coming next week, I have no idea where the water is going to go.

I made my baked french toast this morning with blueberries. I liked the banana version better. The banana's were sweeter when cooked. Live and learn!

Have a good day!

Tejas
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Nancy, for what it is worth, I know what you are seeing and feeling. When my late husband was in chemo I could leave him only to teach my classes, which I had to do if I couldn't find someone to substitute for me. The rest of the time I was there. I remember one week when he sank into a deep depression and pulled the covers over his head. I just sat there.

We had been trying to have a child to no avail. I had an opportunity to go to a foreign country to wait for an infant. I wouldn't/couldn't go. It was torture. He wanted so badly for me to go. I said I could hardly go home so I could not get on a plane.

I also know how hard it is to get those images out of your head. They will eventually be replaced with the loving ones.

My heart goes out to the two of you.

Paula, the sugar in the bananas carmelizes and that makes them sweeter.

Jojo, that is a cute little story.

Sandra, good for you and the bike. You can do it!

We are having temporary electricity cutoffs, orchestrated by the utilities company to cope with the demand. It's about 14F.

Stay warm and safe.

pam920
02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
love the story jojo.

Nancy, hope Robin is doing better today.

ems, great job. Wish I had my treadmill here. I haven't done any exercise this week and tomorrow is WI. yikes!

Rhonda, that is so cold, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Paula, I need to try that french toast. It sounds yummy.

not much happening here today. Was raining earlier, but then the sun peeked out, but cloudy again. I have been seeing all the photos posted on my fb and everyone is getting so much snow. Beautiful to look at, but glad I'm here where it's warmer.

ontarget
02-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Ya'll take a peek at my little temperature thingee in my signature. It's too cold for this to be Texas.

Nancy, :hug: I wish we were all nearby and could sit with you some.

Rhonda, I hadn't realized you and your husband had been through so much. You are an amazingly strong woman. I love you, Cuz.

Cute, Story, JoJo! I just e'd it to some of my OA friends.

We had a "planned" power outage this afternoon. Curtis and I went to ton for birdseed and people feed. When we got home, power was back on. Now the birds are eating. So's Curtis and I will be soon.

Ems, good for you for :tread:.

Pam, enjoy your weather.

ontarget
02-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Wednesday--:ebike: :ebike::ebike:

Making this as a separate post daily.

ems81wales
02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
good luck with wi tomorrow pam i have mine also x

well done on the bike exercise sandra x

Jojo how are you? the weather is horrible here isnt it x

sloanie
02-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey chickies! It is very cold here today so my driveway is frozen. Frozen is good 'cause that means I can drive up in my car. The only problem is that eventually it will warm up and all that mud will thaw out. Every winter we have this problem when it snows. Rain seems to run off, and snow just sinks in making mud soup.

Nancy, I wish I was there to give you a great big hug! I can't imaging how you felt walking in to the mess! Although I can't imagine what you are going through, I do understand why you feel the way you do. Just remember that you do need to rest, and if that means resting at the hospital then rest there. You know that God is there with you, and His strength is there for you, too. Isaiah 40:29-31 says: He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. I am praying for you and Robin.

Vickie, have you turned into a popsicle, yet? What about you, Rhonda and Sandra?

Paula, it sounds like rain may not be better than snow if the rain is freezing. I'm glad you got to stay home today.

Maryann, I hope I didn't miss your report about your knee. How is rehab going?

Jojo, I loved your story. It is the typical scenario. God gives us what we need, and we go in the opposite direction then call out to Him when we are in trouble. Glad He never gives up on us! How are you doing? I read your post about the crunching grass. It conjured up a fleeting memory for me, but the memory didn't hang around long enough for me to catch it. Are you still remodeling the hallway?

Pam, I'm impressed with your meal at Outback. I'm not sure I would have done as well.

Ems, good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.

I'm going to painting class tonight, so I've got to get off here. I'll try to check in later. C ya!

Tejas
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I went out to the gym to work out. It was an ice rink on the roads and I won't be going out again until this melts. I could NOT believe that the city had not sanded the major thoroughfare where the gym is. I couldn't go more than 11MPH at any point. A 6 minute trip took more than 30.

It's nothing compared to what others are experiencing, but it was enough.

Sandra, good for you for getting on the bike. Keep on keeping on.
Oh yes, my late husband and I had a difficult time: cancer and fertility issues all at the same time.

Nancy, you and Robin are in our prayers.

Rhonda

jojo23
02-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Ems I'm fine thank you, but seem to be slowing up with the weight loss this week. That thing I posted yesterday, was sent to me by a friend and I thought I would share it.

The U.S. weather was on our national news yesterday. Chicago: 3 inches of snow an hour:fr: 3inches in a night over here and London draws to a halt

Tejas
02-03-2011, 08:25 AM
It would be great to hear from Vickie. The pictures from Chicago are stunning. 2200 flights were cancelled in Chicago yesterday.

It's 17F here now, with more snow and ice in the forecast.

Time for oatmeal. There is a cute thread on 3FC about what people put in their oatmeal. You name it and it's there. OK, not broccoli. ;)

BBL

Vickie
02-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We survived the blizzard of 2011. My poor husband is nearly crippled his back and shoulders hurt so bad. I couldn't help shovel because of my two hernias and he wouldn't let me hire someone. I hope he will next time. The snow was too high for the snow blower so he had to first break up the drifts and then try to do layers. We have 4-6 foot snow drifts! When he opened the garage door there was a 4 foot drift along the width of the overhead door; so double car wide. Poor thing. He worked hard. I stayed inside and took care of everything else.

You just can't even imagine what it was like to see it coming down at 3 inches and hour. It was like a very bad time lapse movie!

We have subzero windchills today and of course the dog is mad that he doesn't have access to his whole yard. Such problems, right?! Just winter in Chicago. The power stayed on and for that I'm happy. We won't be going anywhere today.

I have to get ready for them to come and tear out my new carpet and replace it with the stuff treated with the static protection. So I will try to do as much of that for Jim as possible. They are coming tomorrow though we don't know what time yet.

I don't know how I'll ever catch up at this point so I'll just say hello to our new posters. HI!!!! I promise to try to keep up from this point.

Nancy, sweetie, my heart is with you and Robin. Focus on the future. I know you two will get there together.

Tejas
02-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey, there you are, Vickie. Jim wouldn't hire anyone? Oh my. Snow shoveling is highly coorelated with heart attacks. Glad to hear that you're OK, and good luck with the carpet. I'm surprised they are working tomorrow; the city must be cleaning up quickly.

Well, I had my oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of real maple syrup, cinammon and a few walnuts. Yummy.

pam920
02-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Morning. I just had my oatmeal too. I added a banana, cinnamon and a bit of pumpkin pie spice, along with some walnuts. Didn't attend my meeting this morning. I think I lost .6 this week, according to my scale. I ate out way too many times this week and also didn't exercise, so I'm surprised at any loss, although I did make healthy choices.

Vicki, I agree with Rhonda. I was just telling my husband that all that snow was inviting a heart attack. Are they going to treat and reinstall the same carpet?

Tried out the new tub last night. I have to say, it was well worth all the work involved. Now on the the rest of the 80's decor. I guess brown was a popular color back then, lol.

Hope all have a great day. Good luck ems on your WI today.

Vickie
02-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Water marks on the ceiling; 3 big yellow ones. Had new roof in 2002. Painting just finished a year ago. Sigh.

beach bum
02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Good Morning ladies:)

Sorry for being MIA yesterday I had a early PT session,along with a down pour most of the day. I got soak and wet going from the house to the car and visa versa.After I got home I changed into my sweat PJ's and settled in for the day.The only thing that was a blessing is most of our snow is gone but the ice on the road is dangerous. They told the people to be very careful and go slow if you have to go out. I starting home and won't attempt to go out even to my mailbox.

My knee is progressing from a 4" the other day to 2' bend. I'm now able to go on the exercising machine along with my stretching ones.Not wearing my brace anymore except when I'm tossing and turning in my sleep.

On the news this morning they announced a wild turkey nipped at a mailman in Hyannis,2 miles away from the Kennedy Compound. Ethel Kennedy told the news that was her bird ,she wanted her kids & grand kids to see what a wild turkey looked like. I run out of the complex where the kids chased it in to the woods, just now it came out to the residential neighborhood.

JOJO-Thanks for the reflex remedy I will try it the next time I have acid reflex. Love the "In the Beginning" I had a old saying something similar to that from a WW meeting. back in the 1980's.

NANCY-Cyber Hugs:hug: to you,like Rhonda,I knew the difficulty of watching my DH Leo went though chemo. I was lucky to have my children by my side in the hospital and we took[a vidual] to be with him every minute of the day [early morning noon and night] BIG PRAYERS GOING OUT TO YOU.I agree with Sloan about the Lord being with you. Remember Foot Prints in the Sand.That's what I think of when I troubled.

SLOAN-My knee is now measuring to the right measurements its down to 2" at the bend. The therapist is now putting me on the the shuddle [leg press] and stationary bike. I was soak & wet by the time I reached the Physical Therapy building,but it was worth it. Think I now have 2 weeks more and than I will be on my own.Don't have to wear my brace anymore.

VICKIE-Yikes!!! I was thinking about you when I saw the Blizzard that Chicago had on the News the other night. Sorry about your DH hurting his back,be very careful when shoveling the snow. I put rock salt on my walkway and stairs to help remove some of it before I shoveled.

I'm going to attempt to make a spaghetti pie a recipe I got from and old WW pasta cook book. It has pizza ingredients with a spaghetti crust.

Going to start my pie,Have a great day

ontarget
02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Rhonda, thank goodness they're not putting broccoli in the oatmeal. :yikes: Glad you got home safely. We drove into Cleburne and puttered around a bit while we were experiencing our "planned" blackout. By the time we got home from Susannah's, our power was on.

Sloan, I guess you're better off with temps below freezing. I can't imagine the mud you're experiencing.

JoJo, here in Texas almost everything shuts down with minimal snow, too.

Vickie, your snow reminds us of when we were in Montana. You and Jim be careful. Don't let him overdo it with the shoveling. Oh, man! I just saw about your water spots. There's always something when you own a home, isn't there? So far, I think ours is holding up--and are we surprised!

Pam, any loss is a good loss. Congratulations. What room are you remodeling now? Glad your new tub is a hit.

Maryann, I have made that spaghetti pie and loved it. Enjoy

All of you stay safe and warm. BBL

ontarget
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Thursday

:ebike: :ebike:

ems81wales
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM
hey ladies i had wi and i lost a lb i was very dissapointed as i have worked so hard diet and exercise wise for the last 3 weeks and i have only lost a lb :( i know it is better than nothing but it really upset me and my leader was not very encouraging and i burst out crying in the meeting :( luckily a friend i made there took me to one side and supported me. Im just going to carry on and do what im doing. I have a blood test tomorrow to check my thyroid. Hope your all well xxxx

Tejas
02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Hang in there, Ems. It can be discouraging but don't give up. Just keep doing the right thing, just as you said.

Vickie, oh no, not a leak! The first time I saw a leak in my ceiling in my former house I just sat down and cried. This time I think I'd have to laugh because it just never ends with a house.

Pam, glad you're enjoying the tub. I LOVE my hot tub, but we unplugged it as a sacrifice to the electricity gods that are making havoc down here.

So far, so good today with food. I have eaten a little more fat than I should, but only by 5 grams. I'll live. I need to increase the protein so I think one of my wonder shakes is in order.

I cracked my mother's tea pot today. I bought it for her in 1977 in London, England. I forgot to put the tea spoon in the pot when I poured hot water in it. Just plain forgot! Well, there are people who repair china, so I might have that done. Drats!!!

ems81wales
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks hun xxxx

ontarget
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Ems, you're right. Just keep on doing what you're doing and the weight will come off.

Rhonda, you get an award for unplugging your hot tub. I don't know if I could have done that. I used to get a lot of enjoyment hot tubbing in the snow. Get the teapot repaired. It means too much to you not to do so.

Am I sounding bossy? Sorry.

Eating hasn't been all that good today. I have been writing every bite and have used quite a few WPA's--and we have a Super Bowl party to go to Sunday. :yikes:

pam920
02-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I think my granddaughter has started labor. She is having a home birth with midwife. Wish I could be there with her.

ontarget
02-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Pam, I wish you could be there, too. I know what it's like to be far away.

pam920
02-03-2011, 08:54 PM
false alarm

nancy237
02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Tonight I began a heathy eating pattern. I have been eating whatever
I wanted and this hospital has amazing cookies.!! Tonight I got a healthy cereal
& orange for dinner.

Robin's pain has improved today and he is eating a bit more of solid food each day. His white blood cell count was up just a tad this am so we hope that means that his blood counts are beginning to return. We are praying for another increase in his white count tomorrow.

We had a nurse that said a quick prayer for him tonight when she ended her shift - how cool is that..We know her enough for her to know that we're all about prayer !!

jojo23
02-04-2011, 02:23 AM
Ems I'm having a rotten week too. I feel as if I have gained rather than lost, and feel really down about it. I'm hanging on to the hope that on Saturday when I weigh in I will have lost inches. Did you have the gales last night? It was rough and gusty here but not a gale. The ariel for our freeview is on the wall outside our bedroom window and the high wind whistling through it sure made some weird noises last night. We had the windows closed against the wind but the noise travelled along the cable to the junction point on the inside wall.

Pam When I was a midwife in Coventry, a young man rushed into the hospital at 3am shouting 'HEEEEEEEEEELP!' He came through those doors like road runner. I got to his car in the carpark just in time to 'catch' the baby as it came out! It was too late to get the young lady into the delivery suite. I kept my composure, turned to the orderly who had come out with me and said' Could you get an incubator please?' So, as you can see, midwives are never annoyed about false alarms! Better safe than sorry

Vickie
02-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up here in the middle of the night. I can't sleep. I've got headache and chills. I guess I could be getting sick, but I don't have a fever. I decided to come downstairs and take some Sudafed Sinus headache and have some water.

The roofer may come today. From my description he thinks it is condensation in the attic, as opposed to a roof problem, from under ventilation or over insulation. The new carpet also comes today between 8-10. I don't like being a big girl.

Nancy, I'm glad you're having good news as the two of you certainly deserve it. I hope today brings higher numbers still.

Pam, fingers crossed that your grand daughter has her baby soon.

JoJo, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised on weigh in day.

Sandra, blackouts would freak me out. I worried about the power going out alot. I'm afraid of us freezing to death; actually being very uncomfortable in the cold is more upsetting. Is your weather cold right now?

Ems, congratulations on the loss!!!! Be patient. In the beginning, I had small losses sometimes for a week or two in a row. I kept at it and then all of a sudden, I'd have a big loss. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a big loss for you next week.

Rhonda, you're right that sometimes laughter is the best medicine! I'm not there yet, but I hope to get there. How upsetting about your Mom's teapot. I hope you find a great china doctor. Will you be able to use it for tea once repaired or does it have to become a decoration? Still it would be nice to have a repaired keepsake.

Mary Ann, how exciting that your knee is responding so well to PT.

My eating hasn't been horrible but not great. I'm doing the best that I can.

Sloan, hello to you! Hope you are staying warm too.

Have a great day everyone. I hope to have a great nap later.

nancy237
02-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Praise,praise,praise
:cp::cp::cp::cp:,
Robin's white blood cell count jumped from 400 yesterday to 2100 today.
It even surprised the Dr. It means he may go home in a few days, that he is not in such danger of infection, and that his throat should heal more rapidly now.
They think that all the hip bone pain may be from a white cell stimulator
shot last week. The pain is much better this morning !!!

Newlifestyle
02-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Good morning ladies,

Nancy that is wonderful news. The power of prayer is amazing.

I haven't posted as I am reading all the posts on the 3fatchicks site and find them so interesting and since I am on a time limit, I don't have time to post. I need to post first and read later. I also have been feeling down, I have been eating on plan and I am not budging on the scale. Thanks for your words, I know I just have to be patient. People keep telling me I am not eating enough but I am eating my 29 points every day. Sometimes I think I get too caught up in the scale.
Hello to all of you and I hope you have a wonderful day.
take Care
Ann

blessedwithsarah
02-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Nancy - WOO HOO. Wonderful news!

Not much going on here - getting a break between storms. Unlike Maryann, we still have 3-4 feet of snow on the ground. We're about 30 miles or so north west from the Cape where she is. I am jealous - I may need to visit just to see what grass looks like. I have a feeling I won't be seeing mine until May. Of course we'll be getting another storm on Saturday, a small quick on on Tuesday then another potential huge storm on Thursday next week. I'm done........

Eating is OK this week, I haven't been able to get out for walks and I missed the gym on Tuesday. I do plan on getting there tomorrow AM for a good hour.

Have a good day.

Tejas
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Nancy, great news!!!!

The teapot: well, would you believe that it was the first time that I have actually used it in 15 years. It was in my mother's house, then my sister's. I took it when my sister died in 2006. One of my nieces was here and I decided to use it. But, I tell you, in my family we were very serious about NOT getting upset if something broke. If an object is so precious, don't ever use it.

I laughed about Vickie not wanting to be a big girl :lol: That's what we gotta be. Maybe especially when it comes to not getting too upset with that blasted scale. Do the right thing because it is the right thing :coach:

We have more snow and ice. I have a training appointment at the gym but I called them and the woman on the desk said they were open but don't come in and they won't count the cancellation against my contract.

BBL

ontarget
02-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Nancy, that's great news. The power of prayer!!!

Sounds like a lot of us are having a challenging week. We will survive and we will lose if we keep on keeping on. Do I sound like a know-it-all? Sorry. I'm actually trying to cheer myself, too. Being stuck inside almost a whole week is something I don't like. But it is something that's been necessary. I do know this--if we don't completely give up and give in, we're a lot better off.

Vickie, we're up to about 20* now and snowfall has stopped. Looks like we'll be inside today and most of tomorrow as roads are treacherous. I hope your contractor is right and you don't have roof problems. Will you be getting the snow we're getting today? I know when you get snow, you GET SNOW. We just got about 2 or so inches (and we're whining). Folks north of the Texas Panhandle laugh at us.

Paula, I didn't realize you and Maryann lived so close to each other. You're a lot closer than Rhonda and I.

Rhonda, I remember Luther Vandross saying that he owns his things; his things don't own him. You have a great attitude. And I'm glad you're staying in today.

Got to go. It's taco soup time.

beach bum
02-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a very busy morning as the snow is coming back on Saturday than again on Tues & Thursday. Doesn't it ever stop. My DS birthday is next Saturday Lincoln's Birthday so I had to get Him along with my DD cards and Valentines for the kids.

Ordering a pizza for this evening ,Now I have lots of food in the house and I don't have to worry about starving.

NANCY-That's wonderful news,you're still on my prayer list.

SANDRA-I made the spaghetti pie in two 4 " pie pans and I ate only 1/2 so I have 1 1/2 pies left for future use.

EMS-Oh whats wrong with these WW leaders these days I think your lost pound is wonderful BIG CONGRATS
:cheer3::cheer2::congrats::cheer2::cheer3: I will cheer you on if the leader doesn't.I had a leader like that,that made lots of members cry.Takes one reason I left the meeting rooms and made this thread my meeting place instead.

PAM- Is going to be a grandma,how exciting,can't wait for the blessed event.Sorry it was a false alarm but its coming soon.Won't it be nice if your DD has a Valentines Baby???

VICKIE-Sorry your not sleeping at night.Hope you're not coming down with something. When I can't sleep- I go and watch TV land with the old comedy series like I love Lucy, Three is company Raymond and I laugh myself to sleep. Thanks I happy that my knee is getting better and I will be able to rejoining my walking group in the Spring.

PAULA-You're welcome to the Cape,We're getting the same as you with the storms but not as much. Don't know what tomorrow will bring as we are expecting snow again.If it turns to ice I will not being going to church this Sunday. Afraid of the ice more so than the snow.

Have a nice day going to being some paper products one stairs in the basement for storage.

ontarget
02-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Maryann, how did you like that spaghetti pie? I thought it was pretty good.

I have an idea. Those of us hunkered down due to weather, let's pretend we're hunkered together. That might help us stay OP. (Yes, I am crazy.)

Tejas
02-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Cute idea, Sandra. I've stayed at 1500 calories today, so the rest of you should behave also! ;)

ontarget
02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
You've been better than I have, but I haven't done too badly.

ontarget
02-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Friday

:ebike: :ebike:

pam920
02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
hello.

I'm feeling really tired today. Got the tile grouted on the tub deck and we are going tomorrow to get the floor tile. We had a hot tub in KY years ago. Loved it in the winter when it was super cold out.

Sandra, you are a bicycling fool. You are doing great.

ems, sorry about your leader. I have a great one, come to my meetings with me. You didn't have a gain. I know it's gets very frustrating, when you work so hard and don't see progress. Just keep doing what you are doing. You might have a big drop. I know I lost almost 3 lbs when the weeks prior, had barely a pound in 2 weeks time.

Nancy, great news on Robins numbers.

Rhonda, 1500 is good. I haven't eaten much today. Didn't get breakfast, or lunch, then had a turkey sandwich for dinner. I just had a bowl of cereal.

Maryann and Paula, you are getting hit again. I would not even attempt to venture out in that. Stay safe and warm. Maryann, glad you got enough food to see you through it.

Vicki, sorry about your leak. Hope it's not your roof and an easy fix.

sloan, I used to live on a dirt road. Oh, the spring thaw was horrible. The mud would be a foot deep. Hope it stays just cold enough to keep the driveway frozen for you.

jojo, my granddaughter is still having contractions. Midwife said it should come this weekend. I'm hoping she can hold off until Sunday. That is my nephews birthday, the one that died. She missed my husbands be on the 1st, lol.

Going to watch some tv. See ya tomorrow.

ontarget
02-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Pam, I almost didn't do any biking. If I hadn't said I'd post about it daily, I wouldn't have. I'm guess 20 min is better than nothing.

jojo23
02-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Pam My husband was born on May 27th, me 31st and daughter June 9th.
It was a chaotic few days, but a lot of fun.

Ems I think you've done really well. Never mind what they say

We've finished the hall, landing and stairs. There are several houses for sale in our road, and have been for quite some time. One didn't have any viewers for 2 months:( So we aren't rushing to put ours on. Having said that, We can't wait to be out of it

Vickie
02-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Nancy, what AWESOME news. I'm so happy for you and Robin. Those are great results.

I'm glad that rest of you are doing well on program and that we are coping with the winter we've been dealt so far. I'm not really doing great food wise. I always seem to slip during periods of stress. Plus, whenever I don't feel good, I want comfort food that isn't on Jenny or WW. I had the chills and fever until bedtime last night. Today is better.

I'm feeling better today after some sleep. Yesterday was hard. The new carpet was ripped out and the newer stuff was reinstalled in the family room. They did a great job with only a smudge to one wall. The roofer showed up yesterday. He was a referral from the painter that we adore so much. We have some internet research to do to make sure what he told us isn't just a sales pitch or scare tactics.

The roofer went up in the attic and took pictures and showed us that we have snow in the attic in several places from the blizzard which is melting onto several ceilings. Apparently the snow came in through at least one or two improperly installed roof vents which when combined with insufficient return vents under the eaves created a reverse air flow during the blizzard. We were also told that our attic was severely under insulated as he could see the joists and in a couple of places could see the dry wall. So we go for insulation now and in the Spring we'll have to get the vent issue resolved and the ceilings all treated with Kilz and repainted. Sigh.

Thankfully, we have our health and the money for the insulation and repairs.

So today, we put all the junk back into my HUGE entertainment center. Then I'm going to start working on our taxes. Another necessary evil. I'm hoping there will be a bit of a refund to help with the house repairs.

ems81wales
02-05-2011, 09:46 AM
cheers everyone thank for all your kind words. :D xxx

blessedwithsarah
02-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Good morning ladies. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend. I'm off an running, but wanted to stop by quickly.

I went to the gym already - did 45minutes on the elliptical. Rhonda, I did try the interval training mode, it was a good workout! I'll try that again. I did then do the treadmill for 20 minutes to meet my 60 minute goal I set for myself.

Off to man the Girl Scout cookie booth for DD's brownie troop, then her friend is spending the afternoon/night with us. I'm not sure if I'll take the girls somehwere or not - its supposed to rain here later today. Thankfully its not snow! Maybe some of what we have on the ground will melt. But I am expecting some flooding as there isn't anywhere for the rain to go. As it is hte roads have about 4 foot banks on either side that are now covered in ice after the storm last week.

I'm going to plan a weekend away in April. That would give me something to look forward to.

BBL

Tejas
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
It's above freezing!!! :dance:

I'm going to the gym!!!!!

ontarget
02-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Vickie, :yikes: I'd be eating comfort foods if I had all the stress you have now. Well, honestly, I had comfort food for lunch today without dealing with stress. Don't know what's up with that. I indulged a bit last night, too. Old habits, I guess, are biting me in the behind.

Paula, an April trip sounds good. We have one to a family reunion in Houston that month. Beware the cookies!

Rhonda, enjoy but be careful.

Cheers, Ems and JoJo, my weekly wi is shot to "death." I'll be totally amazed if I don't have a gain. Oh, well, life goes on.

:wave: at those of you yet to get here. Keep warm and have a great weekend.

ontarget
02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Saturday

:ebike::ebike::ebike:

ems81wales
02-05-2011, 03:55 PM
you will be fine sandra good luck xxx

Jojo this wind is really getting on my nerves its scary alot of the frences are wobbling and nearly falling down :(

Tejas
02-05-2011, 06:00 PM
There was no trouble travelling today. I did a tough workout on my own. I had planned to do some work on the elliptical after it but just couldn't.

Paula, I hope you like the HIIT.

Vickie, "this too will pass." Or, that's what we used to say in my family about most troubles. It was sometimes followed with "well, not fast enough!"

Sandra, good pedaling.

We're going out for dinner before the ice comes back!

nancy237
02-05-2011, 07:36 PM
We are home tonight !!!
We both took a 3 hour power nap and are watching TV..
Just wish I could call the food service # and have dinner delivered .

ontarget
02-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Nancy, I'm so glad ya'll are home. Did you call for dinner delivery?

Rhonda, sounds like you had a good workout. Almost all our snow is gone; however, there's more on the way.

Ems, we get really high winds, too. They can be really scarey for sure.

We're going to a Super Bowl Party tomorrow. I plan to have what I want but to keep it sensible--and sugar free. Today is Day 242.

sloanie
02-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Nancy, I'm so glad y'all are home. I've been praying for Robin's throat. Is it better? I know he's happy to be able to sleep in his own bed.

We are up to our knees in mud again. The weather was just warm enough for the mud to thaw, so we are "slip slidin' away" again.

Vickie, could be worse. Frosty the snowman could be sitting by you on the couch. I hope future repairs go quickly.

I have a confession to make. After Bible study meeting and grocery shopping today, I've done nothing but eat ice cream and surf the net. What has happened to me? I need therapy!

I hope you all are having a great weekend. Looks like things are going smoothly for everyone. I'll check in tomorrow.

Tejas
02-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Fantastic, Nancy. I wish I could have just zipped over there and made your dinner.

Sloan, you just needed ice cream, that's all.

Sandra, good for you on the sugar free. I couldn't do it, I don't think.

jojo23
02-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Ems When we had those awful gales some years ago, I think it was the same year as we had the hurricane, my husband's friend was minding his own business in his kitchen, having a coffee and looking out of the window and his shed shot past the window!

I've lost a pound! I was gobsmacked at weigh in last evening.

Have a good day everyone

Tejas
02-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Jojo, I lost another pound too! :dance:

pam920
02-06-2011, 08:43 AM
jojo, congrats on the pound.

Sandra, congrats on exercising. I am still being lazy in that department.

Nancy, great news that Robin is home.

sloan, what flavor of ice cream? I have to confess I had mexican yesterday. I have been so good, since Dec. 1st, and this is my first splurge.

We are in full force demo. We decided to redo the whole bathroom. Yesterday we had to remove the old vinyl flooring. It was completely glued down, so we had to remove the top layer, then scrape the bottom layer. I have a huge blister in the palm of my hand, ouch.

Rhonda, what did you have for dinner?

Have a great Sunday

ems81wales
02-06-2011, 09:57 AM
well done Jojo

I hate these winds its really scary :(

nancy237
02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
How weird to wake up and Robin had already gone downstairs to make his own breakfast.. His throat is much better, he is just not quite ready for very
hard & crusty foods yet. No more of those severe pains yesterday , so really the only complaint is weakness & tiredness.. That will just take rest & good food & time.
i am looking forward to a day around the house with him , I'll get some cleaning & wash & organizing done and hang out with him at the same time.

I can't wait til we can get back to church..I really miss our church.

BeTrueToYou
02-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Good Morning,

My name is Rachael and normally I post in the "normal" weight watchers section. However, I had a conversation with my leader at my last meeting (admitadly about a month ago) and told her that I was a little frustrated. I ate tons of fruits and veggies throughout the day as well as whole grains etc. but that I could not use all of my points plus values in a day. I would normally make it to 15 or so, and I was supposed to be eating 37. One week I stuffed myself to eat my values, and not surprisingly gained weight. She suggested the simply filling plan because that was essentially what I was doing. I read about it and agreed. Since then my budget has been tight and I was not attending meetings. I also quit following plan. Somehow I got on the scale this morning and was the same weight I was a month ago. I must have learned something! So as I get back on the wagon I am following the simply filling plan, as it is much easier for me. I can eat fruits and veggies which I LOVE (especially the frozen ones) and I don't have to count! Last night I made this random pasta concoction. It was whole wheat pasta, crushed tomatoes, tuns and onion. I ate it cold, and it wasn't bad. My mom used to make something she called tuna noodle which was regular noodles, mayo, tuna and onion. This was different but similar enough to fill my craving. I have the rest in containers in the fridge. While I was eating it, I realized hey i am not hungry and put the rest away. I have always been a member of the clean plate club so that will be the hardest part for me. Realizing when to put the food up, even if there is some left. I ate two hardboiled eggs, and tons of fruits. My roommate made this awesome casserole that is cheese, cream of chicken soup, ground beef, and tater tots. Man it smelled awesome! I knew I could eat the whole pan. So I got the smallest coffee cup we have, put a scoop in it (didnt pack it in or go over the brim) and ate it. It was so delicious and I was so proud of myself for limiting myself and sticking to the limit. I didn't feel gross this morning as I have in the last month. Crazy how just eating better foods can change that. Sorry for the essay, but I am glad to be back and to have found a group that is following the same plan I am.

nancy237
02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Hey Rachael..Welcome....

I was trying the plan but my husband was diagnosed with leukemia in dec and I am just eating what ever he is able to eat when we are at home . When we are at the hospital they have lots of healthy choices . I am trying to not stress eat.. I had an apple & hard boiled egg for breakfast.

I may try to do a protein shake at lunch and then lean protein & lots of fruit & veggies at dinner. I really want to start eating healthy to keep up my endurance & stay as healthy as possible.

This group is awesome ... I have felt so supported the last few months
with things totally unrelated to my diet !!!!

Tejas
02-06-2011, 02:26 PM
:welcome2: Rachael. You'll find this a very supportive thread for all kinds of matters. You're welcome to join us at whatever rate you wish. Some of us post often, some not. You'll find your way.

After a good 10 days of trying, I finally had a day-yesterday- in which I ate only 30g of fat and my intake was 40% carbs, and 40% protein. This is my goal for each day, and it's not so easy. It is especially difficult to keep the fat at 30g and to get enough protein.

I hope you're all having a good day. And, Nancy we KNOW that you are!

Rhonda

ps: I had grilled tilapia and grilled veggies for dinner last night. Delicious.

ontarget
02-06-2011, 04:31 PM
JoJo and Rhonda, :woohoo: on losing this week. You girls are working the program and getting good results.

Pam, I admire your energy.

Sloan, our ground is very soft right now that all has thawed. So far mud isn't an issue.

We're off to the SB party in a few minutes. I am planning to eat what I want but to avoid sugars. Even with that, I'll be dreading wi this week. Life goes on.

Tejas
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Comfort food, southern style tonight: bean and rice soup, cornbread and peach cobbler.

Oh well :o

ontarget
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
:welcome: Rachael. I apologize for not welcoming you earlier. I must have been having a senior moment and didn't see your post. I have been doing mainly SF but was counting P+. I am thinking of going to an afternoon WW meeting this Tuesday to get SF information. I have the new Complete Food Companion that lists Power Foods, but I'm thinking my leader had said something about asking her for more detailed info on SF. Is that true?

Rhonda, your Southern dinner sounds yummy. We had a lot of different dips tonight and a table full of "sugar." I hung aroun the non sugar foods and also had a glass of white wine.

Nancy, what a blessing for you and Robin to be home. Things are sounding more normal already. I hope all continues in your favor. I am so happy for you both. A friend ofours from church has prostrate cancer. He, his wife, and his doctors are in Bermuda right now. Yesterday morning they did a procedure on him that's not yet approved for the United States. This procedure is supposed to have fewer side effects. As of last hearing all is going well, and they were back in their hotel room yesterday afternoon. Just thought I'd share that with you. I apologize for not knowing any more about the procedure.

I'm subbing tomorrow. That'll be good for helping me get back OP. I'm going to do SF to the best of my ability and will try to get more info Tuesday evening.

Rachael, I know we can have diet bread on SF. Can we just have 1 serving per day? Just wondering.

ems81wales
02-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Welcome rachael i used to do simply filling/coreplan but they do not do it over in the uk so im on propoints iv lost 8lbs so far on it sine november not as much as id like but better than nothing xxxx

pam920
02-07-2011, 07:50 AM
new thread started........

beach bum
02-07-2011, 09:38 AM

Had a very busy weekend that I had not time to get on the board. Had no idea who won the super bowl as I was watching the golf tournament. Don't like football that much sorry.

This morning I going to the vitamin store and pick up the vitamins and supplements that I ran out of when we had the terrible snowstorms.

Went with my friends to see the Kings Speech Movie yesterday for a early show. Hope that the actor that played the king & his speech therapist are among the actors that up for nomination.That must a been a tough time to be able to play at part like that.

Have to go,hope I will be able to read last weeks post and this weeks to answer each one of you.

Have a great morning.