Chicks up for a Challenge - Autumn Beauties (And Anyone Else!) Join Us For The February Challenge!

Monique
01-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Welcome, Autumn Beauties, to the February 2011 Weight Loss Challenge! The first month of the year went by so quickly and now it’s time for a fresh new month to continue on in our journey. ALL are welcome to join us at any time J

This is the spot for each of us to check in daily to let everyone know how our weight loss plan is going. There’s no better way to help yourself stay on track. After being on this board for a while, I’ve noticed with these weight loss challenge threads that many people come in and say, “I’m in!…I’d like to join the challenge!” and we never hear from them again. LOL. This brings me to the first challenge I thought of for this month:

1. I challenge ALL of you joining us this month to come check in with us at least 12 days out of this month. Stay accountable! You can do it! Plus, it’s darn fun and we should be talking and getting to know each other!
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work out this month and commit to it.

3. Set a simple weight loss goal for yourself this month.

Bonus Challenges (Should you choose to accept them ;)):
4. Water is important. Even those of us who love water find ourselves not always drinking enough each day. We’re supposed to drink eight 8 oz. glasses of water a day, right? So, I challenge you to drink exactly that for at least 15 days this month. I drink 16 oz. water bottles so I would only need to drink 4 a day. That’s easy! We can do it!

5. For 10 days, you must work out for at least 10 extra minutes after your daily workout. Any type of exercise will do….just do it for 10 minutes. Can you do it? I bet you can!

6. Any other personal challenges you have for yourself that you’d like to track here for the month, please do.

Let’s go, Autumn Beauties!

Monique’s Goals:
1. I plan on checking in here at least 12 days out of this month and will post a smilie icon for each day I check in here: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

2. I plan on working out for at least 20 days this month and will post a smilie icon for each day I workout here: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
3. I’d like to lose at least 5 pounds this month and will post a smilie icon for each pound lost here:
4. I will make sure I drink enough water for at least 15 days this month and will post a smilie icon for each day I drink enough water here: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
5. For at least 10 days, I will add on 10 extra minutes to the end of my workouts and will post a smilie icon for each day here:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I hope you all can join us!

Monique

GettinFit
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks Monique for starting the Feb thread. I am looking forward to another great month and hopefully I will get closer to onederland.

Here are my goals for Feb.:
1. Keep doing what I did in Jan.
2. Get more water in each day (at least 8 a day)
3. Complete the Firm Express 30 Rotation (5 days a week)
4. Stay focused and committed (even if the scale doesn't move)
5. Attend a weekly WW meeting
6. Post here daily
7. Limit the snacks to low cal snacks
8. Take my vitamins

Emme
01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Yay, the February thread!! :cheer2:

Being accountable to this thread really helps me out -- thanks for setting it up, Monique!

My goals for February:

1) Work out at least five times during the week
2) Be under 185 by February 28th
3) Stick with my calorie counting because I see it working and I don't want to sabotage myself!

I weigh in on Fridays, so I'll post my starting weight on February 1st and then every Friday. I will weight out on February 28th.

Weigh-In February 1st ~ 190.8
February 4th ~ 190.0 (-0.8)
February 11th ~ 187.8 (-2.2)
February 18th ~ 187.0 (-0.8)
February 25th ~
February 28th ~

alsten02
01-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh this is perfect! Just started jan. 20 and really wanted to join a challange!

My comp is broke, so I'm using my phone which is a bit of a pain but better thaan nothing haha

I'm just focusing mainly on my eating right now..I'm very prone to binging and it feels too overwhelming to focus on eating right AND exercise at the moment, more so cause I'm stuck inside sooo my plan is to focus on what I'm eating and so far doin good, and losin good..down two lbs this morning..started around 260 I think (didn't weigh first week) and now 249..out of '50's yay

Goal for the month, at least 10 lbs

Drinking lots of water has been good for me, so deff going to keep up with that too

My sleep habits were pretty bad, trying to keep goal of goin to bed before 10:30 and no eating after 7..evenings are hardest for me, always ate during my shows haha so far so good

Think that's pretty much it for now

Thanks for doing this, I get zero support in real life..I definitely don't plan on backing out :)

mountain mama
01-31-2011, 12:04 PM
My goals are:

1) Work out 6 days a week
2)Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
3) Stay POP with my eating (Eat the right foods... no binging and no eating after 8!)
4)Throw in that extra 10 minutes per workout as mentioned above
5)Journal and meditate to keep the right frame of mind!
6)Read instead of watching tv while breastfeeding the baby.

I have a 5 week old and have had some trouble with milk supply while breastfeeding. It is getting better.. and im only suplementing 1-2 bottles a day. the doctors say that I shouldn't lose more than 1-2 pounds a week at the most... so im staying away from weightlosss challenges and working on getting fit.. working out and eating right... :)

good luck all.. and again.. im so glad that i am back!

Monique
01-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Welcome, ladies. So glad you can join us.

alsten, I'll be on my phone most of the time too so you won't be alone. LOL. I recently moved into an apartment with my mom and we don't have internet yet. I've been going nuts. LOL.

Congrats on the new baby, faux. The best of luck to you.

Monique

sperrin1
01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not an autumn beauty but can I join in? I am working very hard to get to a decent weight by my 30th birthday in September.

I will check in 12 days, my WI will be on Tuesdays.

I am shooting for a 8 pound loss, 2 pounds a week

I will drink my water everyday this month

I will take my multivitamin

I will get up early and head out to the gym for early morning workouts

I will continue counting calories

I will update my blog at least twice a week.

I will get enough sleep

I will add ten extra minutes to my elliptical workout

prepping
01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi all! I would love to join! I'm all about goals right now and action plans so this is great.

1. I will check in here at least 12 times for Feb. :)
2. Monday Yoga will be an appointment that CAN NOT be missed.
3. Will do strength training 3 times per week.
4. Weight goal of 180 lbs by end of Feb. <-- to shift my focus away from the number on the scale, I will only weigh myself at the end of the month.

Bonus Challenges:
5. I will drink at least eight 8 oz glasses of water on every Sat and Sun (During the week is no issue)
6. For 10 days of the month I'll do some sort of activity for an extra 10 min after working out.
7. I'll get in bed no later than 11pm (other than fri and sat).
8. I will exercise moderation in food/drink for social occasions. (It'll be interesting when we host superbowl this weekend!)

They say that it takes about 28 days to really build a habit. So I guess February is a great time to start! I'm excited!

alsten02
01-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Welcome, ladies. So glad you can join us.

alsten, I'll be on my phone most of the time too so you won't be alone. LOL. I recently moved into an apartment with my mom and we don't have internet yet. I've been going nuts. LOL.

Congrats on the new baby, faux. The best of luck to you.

Monique

Ahhh I know, there's so much more on comp I could be motivated by, I watch a lot of vids etc and I'm going crazy :( still have another month or so before I get new one! Bahh
But haha on the plus side my sleep habits been a lot better without it and I know that's a huge thing with weight loss
Bittersweet but at least phone better than nothing! Can get around on this site pretty good :)

GettinFit
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
A great big warm :welcome: Alsten, Prepping, sperrin & fauxtini. So glad to have you join in this month. This thread really helped me stay on track last month. I'm looking forward to another great month.

Faux your baby is gorgeous, :congrat:

We are all going to have a rockin month. :carrot:

milasmommy87
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey Everyone! I would love to join!

My goals for this month are:

1. Lose at least 8 lbs this month, but really shooting for 10
2. Go to Curves at least 3 times a week, no ifs, ands, or buts about it :)
3. Continue to drink at least 96 oz of water, but try and drink 112 oz. daily
4. Don't deviate from my MRC plan at all, eating the right amounts of protein and carbs and veggies.
5. Check in at least 12 days this month, my scheduled WI are every wednesday and saturday

crm
01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
I would like to join!!! I'm new on 3 fat chicks but I think if I have someplace that I will be posting my progress I will have more follow through with my workouts and weight.
I will make it to the gym 12 times during the month.
I will workout at home or outside 6 times during the month.
I will lose 5 lbs during the month.
I will increase my water to 4 bottles a day.
I will post on this thread 12 times during the month.:D

I will put my starting weight in on the 1st.

Monique
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Welcome mila and crm! Glad you both will be joining us.

Lets go, Autumn Beauties.

Monique

GettinFit
01-31-2011, 09:39 PM
:welcome: Milasmommy & csm. I look forward to hearing about your successes during the month of Feb.

Let's all have a great month Autumn Beauties!!!

GettinFit
02-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great day so far.

Here is my food journal for the day:
B: Greek yogurt, skim latte (skim milk, coffee, Gen Foods Int'l French vanilla cafe mix)
S: orange, apple, decaf coffee, RF string cheese
L: large spinach & romaine salad w/feta cheese, 1 tsp bacon bits, FF raspberry vinaigrette dressing, 2 oz chicken breast, 1 WW 2 pt bar
D: Chicken leg, green beans, WW 1 pt bar
Exercise: Firm Express Cycle 3 Cardio

Emme
02-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Good morning, ladies! I can't believe it is February already -- I live in a suburb of Chicago and we are supposed to get pelted with 12-24 inches of snow between 3pm today and 3pm tomorrow. I'm hoping to squeeze in some pilates over my lunch hour before the storm hits!

GettinFit your menu looks delicious for today!

crm
02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Morning Everyone,

The day did not start off to great, it is so cold outside (50 below wind chill) that the cars will not start so I'm going to have to try to fit the gym in this evening instead of going this morning. I can't wait for spring so we can go outside and walk instead of using treadmills and treadclimbers all the time. I did make a step towards my goal of posting 12 times and I do have water at my desk this morning. Pray for SPRING!!!:dizzy:

prepping
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Good morning everyone!

emme, I hear you on snow. We're supposed to be getting 15-30 cm and everyone is in a panic about the "winter storm warning". Like we should be surprised it's like this in Canada? .... doesn't mean I want to be stuck in it driving though ;)

crm, way to go on your plans and sticking to them regardless of obstacles!

So I am having a wonderful day so far! I went to yoga last night, my mother accompanied me which was awesome because she's already hooked and is planning on getting a membership -- means I get a gym buddy!

I've also had a revelation in regards to what I have been eating and what the calories are in reality. I have been supremely underestimating the calories I have each day and actually am having a 563 surplus on average! :O (Full blurb if you're interested (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/224428-sometimes-you-need-hit-reset-when-youre-not-seeing-numbers-go-down.html#post3687897)) So now that I am aware of that and can control it, I am super duper excited to see how it affects my weightloss for February! I have so much motivation again! And I intend to go to the gym tonight for my first strength training in a lonnnng time. So that's exciting too! I also get a checkmark for going to bed before 11pm too.

All in all, I'm pretty happy today. :D How's everyone doing??

Emme
02-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I've also had a revelation in regards to what I have been eating and what the calories are in reality. I have been supremely underestimating the calories I have each day and actually am having a 563 surplus on average! :O

I hear you on this one! Before I started counting calories I thought I was eating soooo healthy and doing so well, and then when I added up my calories I realized I was overeating my healthy food! I was taking in anywhere from 500-700 calories extra each day...it's amazing how quickly it adds up. You'll be able to drop weight just by not eating those surplus calories!

sperrin1
02-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Of course, I woke up sick this morning. Not that I should be surprised, my whole family has been passing it back and forth for about a week now.

So, needless to say, I did not make it to the gym this morning :(

I am going to remain on plan with everything else today.

I too, am waiting on this horrendous storm:( I can't wait for spring!

GettinFit
02-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

WOW Emme, I sure don't envy you with all the snow. I hope it's not as bad as they're predicting.

crm - I'm so ready for spring too. I must admit that here in GA we do get teasers as this past weekend we had 70 degrees & sunny on Sat & Sunday. I believe the entire city was outdoors to enjoy it. Hang in there a little bit longer and spring will be here and the cooold winter will be behind us. Let's work hard so that when we shed all the winter clothes, we'll look hot in our summer clothes.

Prepping - Glad you're off to a great start for Feb. Keep up the great work.

sperrin1 - Sorry to hear that you're sick and I hope you recover soon. Hang in there.

My day is going good. I'm sticking to my planned foods and I'm getting my water down. I'll be doing a Firm workout tonight after work as I am in my 4th week of a rotation.

Enjoy the rest of the day;)

Monique
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey, Beauties. Sperrin, get well. I woke up sick this morning as well. My cold isn't that bad yet so I'll just keep moving forward.

Looks like over all, we are all off to a good start. I was bad with my eating today though and I think to put some added pressure on myself so that I can improve and have a better report next time, I'm gonna post what I ate.

First of all, I didn't even have anything other than a go-gurt for breakfast....which is bad...I could have added my usual fruit or oatmeal with that. I got to work and had a bag of Skittles later on in the morning. We have candy in our warehouse left over from gingerbrwad houses made during Christmas time so yeah. LOL. For lunch, I had my meal replacement shake with an apple which was fine until I decided I wanted to buy a doughnut afterwards. LOL. Dinner, still haven't eaten yet. So, what I ate today wasn't too bad but still....it's good to be able to strict with yourself at times and just say, "no" to sweets.

Tomarrow is a new day and I will eat better. I still have to get my workout in today and finish drinking my required water for the day. I've been doing my Walk At Home program that's actually a lot of fun.

Take care, ladies.

Monique

justaloozer
02-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone! I was off all of last week due to the flu. Then I lost internet access. Because of the flu I made it down to 282! But once I started eating again I got back up to 287 and now I am down to 285.2 as of this morning! So I lost 8lbs for the month of January. Not bad!

My Feb goal is to lose another 8lbs. So my goal is 277lbs.

justaloozer
02-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh and I changed my avatar today! I am down a total of 30lbs! :carrot:

crm
02-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Yesterday I discovered that if I keep a food journal I will end up with writers cramp. My biggest problem is the dog is hot and wants to go lay out in the snow during the middle of the night. When she is outside I think well its the middle of the night these snacks won't count (it only counts when you eat during the day). I can't go and sit down because I will fall asleep and she will be freezing outside so I have to come up with something to take up my time maybe fold some laundry instead of the cookies and peanut butter.:p

Monique
02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome back, justaloozer. Congrats on the weight loss.

Crm, I need to work on that as well. Sometimes I'll eat something just because it's there and I can't resist. Today will be a better day for sure for me. No snacking on random sweets, etc.

Everyone have a great day today. Go, Autumn Beauties!

Monique

mountain mama
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
One day on plan completed for me! I need to celebrate these little victories.. because.. heck.. today is the first day of the rest of my life! ( or however that saying goes!)

my bf has been a dolll at supporting me with getting back on track. hes been helping with the baby and cleaned the kitchen for me last night so i could write in my food journal.. and work out and stuff.. and he's even eating the meals i cook. I love that man!

Monique: It's soooo hard to stay away from the candy when it's look at you at work all day. You did pretty well for being tempted all day yesterday. Here's to a good day for you today!

CRM: I hear ya on the writes cramp thing! it's like a full time job keeping track of everything! ( but for me.. it's what i have to do right now) whenever im tempted to eat off plan.. i tell myself.. 'do you want to have to write this in your journal?' hehe

Here's to a great day, ladies!

GettinFit
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Good morning everyone :wave:

Justaloozer - Sorry to hear you've had the flu but congrats on you 8 pounds for the month of Jan. I hope you have an awesome Feb too.

crm - Yep you'll have to find another activity instead of snacking when you go out with your doggie at night.

Monique - I hope you're having a better day today.

I'm doing good. Eating has been good and I'll definately be working out today. I'm still frustrated as the scale is still not moving down. I hit 216.4 for a few days and now it's hopped back up to 217. I will be so glad when I break through this and start losing again. I was following the WW Simply Filing Plan but I think next week I will go back to tracking points.

I hope everyone else has a great OP day.

GettinFit
02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Faux - Great job on making it through the first day! I hope you make day 2! Stay strong:carrot:

Emme
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone ~

Justaloozer congrats on your weight loss! Great work!

We just got done shoveling over two feet of snow, so that's my exercise for today. Hope everyone is having a great OP day :)

prepping
02-02-2011, 06:49 PM
So far, so good for me too!

Ive done yoga, my strength training, made it to bed by 11pm, drank my water, and tracked my calories. Feeling like a superstar!! I'm even going to the effort of following recipes online to spice up our low cal foods.

Fricken awesome. :D

Glad to see that you're all doing well enough... and for those that aren't quite on plan, well, at least you're acknowledging so you can go for it tomorrow!

Mistycrow
02-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi I'm Misty and i dunno who the Autumn Beauties are but hey, said everyone's welcome. Thought I'd join in. Looks easy enough...

I will walk outside at least 5 days out of the week.
I will walk 2 miles each time I walk or more.
I will lose 5 lbs during the month.
I will increase my water intake.
I will post on this thread every day. I'm a bit OCD like that.

What am i forgetting? Anything?

Oh, beginning weight is: 318

Emme
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi Mistycrow! I'm glad you joined our weight-loss group! You have some great goals -- and I tend to post daily, too, so I'm sure we'll see each other a lot! :)

GettinFit
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
:welcome: Misty. Nice to have you join in and I hope you have an awesome month.

Great job Prepping, you are rockin :carrot:.

My food for today:
B: Thomas bagel thin w/laughing cow, 1 C skim milk, coffee w/Gen Foods Int'l SS mix
S: Jollytime Healthy Popcorn, string cheese, 100 cal almonds
L: 1/2 ckn breast, green beans, med baked sweet potato, WW cookie
D: turkey on deli flat w/1 sl 2% cheese & mustard, orange, decaf coffee w/creamer
Exercise: FIRM Cycle 3 Sculpt

Monique
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Welcome, Misty. Of course you are welcome to join us. Autumn Beauties is just a fun group name our group thought of since at the time, many of us had joined in the fall. Plus anyone who joins can relate to the name in one way or another. We're all beautiful...and many people appreciate the fall season ;). LOL.

Anyway, my cell is gonna die....great job, ladies. I'm getting more sick but I'm still gonna get in a workout tonight.

Monique

GettinFit
02-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Monique - I hope you feel better:) and have a nice day.

I hope everyone else has a great OP day.

I'm off to a good start. Yesterday I started back counting my points instead of doing the Simply Filing Weight Watchers plan. I'm trying to shake this weight loss stall so I decided to change my plan. It is soooo frustrating that I'm not losing because I am staying OP and I'm exercising but nothing is happening on the scale! I've tried lowering my carbs & eating more protein, lowering my calories, drinking more water, watching my sodium intake but nothing is helping. If I don't lose anything this week, I will change up my exercise routine next week. Instead of doing

My food journal:
B: bagel thin w/Laughing Cow Cheese, activia yogurt, coffee w/creamer
L: turkey sandwich w/Pepperidge farm deli flat, turkey breast & 2% cheese w/ mustard, salad w/ff raspberry vinnaigrette dressing & 1 tbsp rf bacon bits & 1 tbsp feta cheese, SF/FF pudding
S: orange, skim latte
D: Chicken breast, salad w/ff dressing, feta & rf bacon bits, dark choc
Exercise: Rest day

destiny's mom
02-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies! GettinFit invited me to join you! I only have a few goals this month so here they are:

1. Stick to my WW plan
2. Make a plan and stick to it when I go out of town for 4 days(feb20-23)
3. Be consistent with my 10k training and turbo Fire when it arrives
4. Begin taking a multivitamin
5. Get my healthy oils in every day.

I weigh in on Saturdays so hopefully I have a great wi this week! Go Steelers!

GettinFit
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey Nikki - You found us!!! :welcome: to the Autumn Beauties group:wave:
I know that we are all going to have a great month. I just need to break through this stall :mad: and I'm on my way down to onederland.

mountain mama
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Im doin good today.. feeling great! i forgot how pumped i feel when i work out and eat right. I have been making all kinds of new and old favorite super healthy recipes and my bf is eating them too! ( and liking them!)
and get this! my 6 week old slept from 10pm to 530am last night! i was AMAZED! i got up at 530 with him and stayed up! ( and im not usually a morning person) I got my whole days worth of errands done before lunch! (thats a big feat for me.. im usually slow rollin in the morns!)

anyway.. i hope you all have a great day and get some butt!

oh.. sidenote: my starting weight on here is my highest just before i had the baby. i have no idea what my weight is.. or how much ive lost since the birth and everything. I wish i knew what it was on the 1st when i started actually eating right and moving my butt. I need a darn scale!!! i have a doc appointment on the 8th.. so i will at least have an updated weight by then!

crm
02-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone! Sounds like everyone is having a great start to the month. My plan is to weigh in every Friday so that I can start the day off feeling great with my weight loss for the week (I hope) and that way I will have the motivation to carry it throughout the weekend when things get to be challenging. My plan is to get in at least 2 hours of cardio this weekend:snow4:

Emme
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Monique ~ I hope you feel better!! It sucks being sick.

Nikki ~ Welcome aboard! You have some great goals!

Faux ~ It's great to hear that your son slept that long...hope you were able to get some needed rest, as well.

GettinFit ~ You WILL break this stall...I just know it!

I've been off of work yesterday and today for snow days. I shoveled over two feet of snow yesterday and am soooo sore today, so I'm sticking to the couch today. :) Have a great day, everyone!

Mistycrow
02-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Today was my day off for walking since it was run around and do errands day... but the landlord came over and we did the back deck with sealant and some yard work... so I did do SOMETHING.

Emme
02-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone! TGIF! :)

I weighed in at 190.0 today, and I am soooo hoping to get to 189 by next Friday which is my weigh-in day. I've been hovering between 190-191 for the past week or so, so I'm hoping the downward trend continues.

Have great day everyone! :)

mountain mama
02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
emme: you are soooooo close to the 180's! sending positive vibes your way!!!

i dont really have too much to report. im super tired and trying to get my butt in gear. im soo grumpy!i guess i was spoiled with the baby sleeping so good lately.. and last nite.. well it was not so good.. soo tired!

ANYWAY... i wont slack just cause im tired... i will be working out whenever he falls asleep.. as for now... breastfeeding burnsd calories.. rigt? hehe

GettinFit
02-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Good mornaing and Happy Friday :cb:

I'm so glad it's the weekend!

fauxtini - Glad things are going good for you. Stay as pumped as you are now and you will make your goal.

crm - I hope you have a great w/i today. That's a great idea to have Friday as your day to get you through the weekend. I like having Sat as my official W/I day too as it helps me stay in control on Friday evening which is my worst night for wanting to splurge.

Emme - I know I just need to stay focused and maybe stop weighing daily for a while. Last night I saw myself drifting but managed to pull the reins and stop before I got too far gone. After dinner, I was feeling so frustrated that the scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks and I grabbed an extra WW cookie and then I went for the cashews and I probably ate about 2/3s of a cup of them before I gained control.

Misty - Hey we get those workouts in where we can. Great job!

Nikki, Monique, Lisa, prepping, How's it going?

I hope you ladies have a great day!

GettinFit
02-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Emme - We were posting at the same time but I just had to say :carrot: way to go!!! You are so close and I am so excited for you!!! Your ARE going to make 189 next week.

Emme
02-04-2011, 11:10 AM
ANYWAY... i wont slack just cause im tired... i will be working out whenever he falls asleep.. as for now... breastfeeding burnsd calories.. rigt? hehe

Great attitude! Just don't wear yourself out to the point of exhaustion ;) I know a lot of people can lose weight easily by just monitoring calories and not working out at all...once they plateau they start adding in exercise to assist in weight loss again. Maybe if you don't feel there is enough time to exercise, just focus on calories so you don't burn yourself out.

And, yes, breastfeeding does burn calories ~ which is awesome!

Emme - We were posting at the same time but I just had to say :carrot: way to go!!! You are so close and I am so excited for you!!! Your ARE going to make 189 next week.

Thanks, GettinFit ~ You'll be in onderland soon enough! :)

GettinFit
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Today's Journal:

I plan to change up my eating starting today and follow this old WW Quickstart plan:
http://www.weightwatchers.com/downloads/1033/Util/art/EatingGuide.pdf
My goal is to stick 100% to this plan for a week to see if I can break through my plateau. It has helped me in the past to break a plateau so I'll give it a try again.

B: RF string cheese, orange, coffee w/1tbsp skim milk
L: Chicken breast, salad greens w/FF salad dressing, coffee w/1tbsp skim milk
S: FF yogurt, apple, 11 almonds (and only 11)
D: Shrimp, green beans, 1/2 baked sweet potato
Lots of water

crm
02-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I have a tough couple of weeks ahead traveling 9 out of 11 days. That is a lot of eating out and difficulty working out. My plan is to make sure I make it to the hotel gym at least once in Bismarck and then do a lot of walking outside in DC. Maybe I will take my pedometer with me so that I can make sure I'm getting my steps in each day. I hope everyone has a Great Weekend!!:snow4:

GettinFit
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
crm - Hang in there and be strong. You can do it!!! Have a safe and fun trip.

Monique
02-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Happy Friday, Autumn Beauties. Still a tad bit sick but I will for sure get in a workout tonight. I took a day off from working out yesturday. I think I'm gonna take my exercise routine up a notch by extending my workouts at least 20 minutes to make sure I get a good sweat.

Monique

Mistycrow
02-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Been skimping the calories all day... 7pm and still got 1k calories to eat (1500-1650). I gotta make up for it if I want to make sure I don't go under 1200. Eating a rather calorie expensive salad. Added feta cheese and a hard boiled egg and kidney beans and Zesty Italian dressing... much more stuff than normal. Least I used up the leftover feta from some other dish.

Worked out for 30 mins. We kept having to go to the store for something and it just got later and later and just forgot about my walk so popped in an exercise video.

destiny's mom
02-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey Beauties!! I hope all of you have a great weekend. Super Bowl Party at my house for me on Sunday, but I have already planned for it so I am ready!

GettinFit
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Good morning Beauties and Happy Saturday!

Misty - You are doing great! Keep up the great work.

Nikki - It's good that the party is at your house and you have control of the food. Enjoy but don't go overboard. You can work anything with your weekly bonus points or activity points.

It looks like I may finally be breaking through my stall. This morning I weighed 215.4. I will see what happens over the next couple days.

I hope everyone is having a great OP day.

Emme
02-05-2011, 01:56 PM
GettinFit ~ AWESOME for breaking through your stall!! The body is so mysterious, isn't it? I'm soooo happy for you :) I know this is something you've been working through for a while now. Yay!!!

I weighed in this morning at 189.6, so I'm in the 180s, but the mysterious body might bump me back into the 190s for some reason (water weight, TOM, whatever!), but I'm just happy b/c I haven't seen the 180s since 2001.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

GettinFit
02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
YEAH Emme :cheer2: :cheer: That is awesome! It's been about 8 years since I've seen the 180s. You have done an awesome job with your weight loss. Before you know it you'll be celebrating the 170s :carrot:

I just hope the scale doesn't fool me an go back up tomorrow. I just took a look (not a good I know but I was curious) and it has me at 216.8 and that's after just having dinner and a ton of water so hopefully tomorrow morning I will still see 215 or lower:^:.

Today's menu:
B: Pepperidge Firm wheat deli flat w/ 2 tsp natural PB, SF/FF Cappuchino
L: Turkey & RF cheese on Deli flat with lettuce & mustard, greek yogurt
S: orange, 2 tsp cashew butter
D: Talapia, cabbage 1/2 sm red potato, 1 WW cookie, coffee
Exercise: Firm Total Body Time Crunch
Exercise #2 Rockin Body Hard Core Abs
Exercise #3 Walked 3 miles in 46 mins.

Mistycrow
02-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Went over today... Didn't know rice was so many calories. Oh well. Live and learn. Walk was shorter than usual... legs stiff from the workout video. Having a hard time just getting up and sitting down in my chair at my desk. Not sure if I should be doing 1500-1650 or 1800-2000 calories. I'm just gonna make sure I'm under 2000 and talk to my doctor, see what he thinks. Anyways that's the update for me. Water drinking has been a challenge indeed. I keep forgetting to refill my water container and just end up not getting any water until I'm really thirsty. Not good.

Emme
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Not sure if I should be doing 1500-1650 or 1800-2000 calories. I'm just gonna make sure I'm under 2000 and talk to my doctor, see what he thinks.

Misty~ I would suggest staying around 2000ish. You are very tall and I think your body would handle it well. If you are losing weight at 2000 calories per day and all of a sudden you have a plateau where you aren't losing any weight (I've heard to wait at least 4 weeks to make sure it really is a plateau), then you can reduce your calories to 1850 or 1900 and see if that gets your weight loss going again. If you start at 1500 instead of 2000 and hit a plateau, you'd have to go below 1500, and then keep going lower. With 1800-2000 calories you have a lot more room to move down if you ever hit plateaus. That is just my opinion, though...your doctor may tell you differently. Our bodies are science experiments with weight loss and it's a lot of trial and error!

GettinFit
02-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Hello Beauties :wave:

I hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday!

My food journal for today:
B: 1 C grits w/1 sl rf cheese, 2 slices canadian bacon, coffee
L: lean ground beef patty w/peppers & onions, salad w/ff raspberry vinaigrette dressing, coffee w/ 1/2 C skim milk & 1 tsp creamer
D: Talapia, cabbage with 1/2 small red potato, coffee, 1 Dove dark chocolate
S: orange, tbsp cashew butter
Exercise: FIRM Cardio Party

Monique
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Congrats, GettinFit and Emme! Misty, that little mistake probably won't put you behind at all. I evny you for even watching your caloric intake that well, period.

I'm still trying to shake my cold. I haven't had much energy to work out as planned these passed few days. On the plus side, the month is still young and I will jump back into my workouts tomarrow. My weight has been so strange this week too.....I was up to 218.....then back to 213 this morning. LOL. Oh well...that is just the way the weight loss journey goes. Keep up the good work, Beauties.

Monique

Emme
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Monique~I'm sorry to hear that you are still under the weather...I hope you feel better soon! It's good that you are taking it easy and listening to your body.

I have had such a crabby day. :devil: It's about 9-10 days before my TOM, so I think I am PMSing, but I am just mad and pissy, and I keep getting snarky with my husband who has done nothing wrong, but I feel like he has been doing things wrong all day!

I count calories and today all I wanted to do was eat freely without counting calories. I thought, "I just want to go out to eat and not worry about what the calorie intake is because I am hungry and I WANT TO EAT!!" Sheesh...then I have to remind myself that I am overweight because of the way I used to eat, and that counting my calories is causing me to lose weight. I just I just miss eating freely...but I don't like being overweight.

GettinFit
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Monique - I hope you can shake that cold soon. Like Emme said, you did the right thing by taking it easy. Glad the scale dropped back down for you too. It amazes me how weight can fluctuate. How much longer before your cruise?

Emme - Sorry you've had a not so good day but it sounds like you stayed in control of your eating. Hang in there and I hope tomorrow brings a better day for you.

I'm fighting the urge to snack tonight. I still have points left for snacks but I just don't want to eat anything else tonight. I am chewing a piece of Extra Dessert Delights gum and hopefully that will satisfy me.

Emme
02-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I am chewing a piece of Extra Dessert Delights gum and hopefully that will satisfy me.

Ooh, those are so good...I have three different kinds in my purse...my current fave is Key Lime Pie. :) And I'm already feeling better ~ I've been reading things on 3FC for about 45 minutes and I'm feeling more positive ~ thanks for always being so encouraging! :hug: Hope you have a fantastic evening!

GettinFit
02-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Emme - That's exactly the one I was chewing, the key lime pie flavored. I also have a strawberry flavor. I love the stuff. I'm glad you felt better last night after coming here to read and post.

I hope everyone else had a nice weekend and survived the super bowl parties.

Nikki - How'd your party go?

Monique - I hope you're feeling better today.

crm, Lisa & Mistycrow - I hope you're both doing good.

I did really good over the weekend and the scale has stayed at 215. I was so afraid it would jump back up. Now if I can keep going down I'll be a happy girl:D I feel so much smaller and my clothes fit so much better so even if the scale isn't moving much, I know I'm doing something right and I plan to keep going.

I hope you all have a great day!

Emme
02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I feel so much smaller and my clothes fit so much better so even if the scale isn't moving much, I know I'm doing something right and I plan to keep going.

Awesome!! It sounds like you are losing inches which is always fun! :carrot:

I hope everyone has a great OP Monday :)

Monique
02-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Good morning, ladies. Still with cold but definitely well enough to get back into working out :). I did a short workout when I woke up this morning and plan on working out after work as well. I plan on doing that from now on that way I get even more exercise for the day and hopefully start lose inches faster.

GettinFit, the cruise Is on March 27th so that still gives me time to get down to to at least 199 or something. I would totally be fine to reach that goal :).

Have a wonderful day, Beauties.

Monique

crm
02-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone made it through the superbowl party weekend. I worked all weekend but I did manage to make it to the gym all three days. The treadclimber is breaking down:( and that is my favorite machine because it burns more calories, so I hope the gym will get it fixed soon. I went and bought some new workout clothes so I'm excited to put those to use.:carrot:

Hope everyone has a great day.

GettinFit
02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Monique - I'm glad you're feeling better.

crm - great job on working out all weekend!

I had a good day today. I ate very good and got my workout in. I wanted to walk today but it was raining so I did TurboFire.

Have a great evening everyone.

Emme
02-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I went and bought some new workout clothes so I'm excited to put those to use.:carrot:

That is always so fun to do ~ It just makes you feel good about yourself.

Monique ~ glad you are feeling a little better...hopefully you'll kick the cold altogether very soon.

My weight is up about a pound b/c of PMS (boo -- it always goes up a little about 7-10 days before my TOM), but I know it isn't fat and it's just water retention, so I am being patient and not letting it bother me at all...which is awesome because before I joined this board and read up on water retention and tracking your weight daily, I would have thrown in the towel and pigged out by now if I saw a jump on the scale. It's good to be persistent and patient.

Have a great day, everyone :)

GettinFit
02-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Good morning, I hope everyone is having a good day so far. I'm doing good. The scale is still cooperating and I weighed 214.8 this morning. I also measured this morning and I've lost 14 inches since 1/9. I'm excited about that!

Emme
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Good morning, I hope everyone is having a good day so far. I'm doing good. The scale is still cooperating and I weighed 214.8 this morning. I also measured this morning and I've lost 14 inches since 1/9. I'm excited about that!

I am so glad that your scale is moving ~ and that is an incredible amount of inches to have lost in a month...wowsa! Good for you! :bravo:

GettinFit
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Emme - You have the right attitude and I'm learning alot from you about patience & persistence. I am so glad I stuck it out during those three weeks I wasn't losing. I can see myself reaching the finish line now.

I'm sure after TOM leaves, you'll be well into the 180s.

Monique - I hope you're still improving from your cold.

Monique
02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Great job, Autumn Beauties. Emme, yeah, we all know how the dreaded TOM weight gain thing goes. You are doing such an amazing job with your weightloss though so keep it up :). Congrats, GettinFit on getting to your new low! You're doing a great job. Great job, crm of keeping up with the gym. I hope to be at your weight by the end of this year :).

Last night, I did one of my Chalene Extreme cardio workouts and it was killer. I haven't sweated that much in a while so I think I will do that one every day now. If it gets to a point when you're not sweating much....that means it's a tad bit to easy, yes? Maybe it doesn't matter....any exercise is good exercise :).

Have a great day.

Monique

Emme
02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I am so glad I stuck it out during those three weeks I wasn't losing. I can see myself reaching the finish line now.

GettinFit ~ You know, you lost so many inches over the last month, and maybe that is why your weight stalled! I just put the two together...your body was losing in one area, but it just wasn't on the scale because your body was tightening up and losing inches!

If it gets to a point when you're not sweating much....that means it's a tad bit to easy, yes? Maybe it doesn't matter....any exercise is good exercise :).

Monique ~ that's how I feel!! Yes, any exercise is good exercise, but I've noticed that if I don't sweat as much doing things I am used to, then it is time to step it up a little! :)

Mistycrow
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh did i forget to post yesterday. *facepalm* Went to the doctors. Was 335 last i saw him, weighed 322 on HIS scale and 317.5 on MY scale and 318.5 today... Dunno which scale to use but i like the numbers on my scale better. ;)
Not seeing much change with me upping my calories to 1800 so I'm going back down to 1500-1650. Joy joy. I am like super hungry all the time now. Anyways, gotta go put dishes away before my roommate yells at me.

milasmommy87
02-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Hey Ladies! So I was sick all last week and completely went off plan and binged on everything in sight :( So I went in on Monday and weighed and I gained a half pound. I'm going in again tomorrow so hopefully I will have lost that and some. And its been snowing like crazy here so working out hasn't been going good either. I did manage to do 10 mins on my ab circle pro, though, which is better than nothing...

Here's looking forward to a good WI tomorrow :crossed:

GettinFit
02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Good morning Beauties :wave:

Milasmommy - sorry about the gain but it sounds like you've turned things around and are working on a loss. Hang in there, you can do it!

I hope everyone has a great day!

So far so good for me. I'm just cruising along. Hoping and praying that I can stay in this zone.

Emme
02-09-2011, 05:40 PM
And its been snowing like crazy here so working out hasn't been going good either. I did manage to do 10 mins on my ab circle pro, though, which is better than nothing...

Here's looking forward to a good WI tomorrow :crossed:

Good luck with your weigh-in!

milasmommy87
02-09-2011, 11:55 PM
So my weigh in today was....eh. I STILL haven't lost anything...But my advisor said that it's probably a combination of my going off program last week, and it being my TOM and retaining water...So we shall see at the next WI....which is Friday. I feel like I've lost weight, my clothes are fitting a lot looser than they used to, but the scale isn't moving lol.

Monique
02-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Hello, Milasmommy! Sorry about what happened. You will get back on track.....no worries. We all have those bad moments.

Anyhoo....I took a day off from working out yesturday only because I spent hours AFTER work braiding a friends hair. I was planning on getting at least a small workout in when I got home but changed my mind after I gave myself a sore foot after landing on it at an awkward angle while being goofy with friends and hopping over a six foot wall. LOL! Nothing too serious....I was able to get my workout in for tonight so that's good.

Take care, Beauties!

Monique

GettinFit
02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Milasmommy - Even though the scale might not be moving down, if your clothes are fitting looser, you are doing something right. Are you taking your measurements? I bet you've lost lots of inches. I went over 3 weeks without losing anything but I lost 14 inches for the month. My clothes were fitting much better and I started getting compliments on my weight loss. So hang in there and don't measure your success by the scale. Take those measurements.

Monique - I'm glad you didn't hurt your foot too bad. Hope you have a great OP day today.

Emme & crm - I hope you're having a great day too!

I missed my workout last night because I had to do a dinner with my team from work and it was just too late when I got home. It will also be too late when I get home tonight to do a formal workout so I am trying to get in extra activity today such as I parked way out in the parking garage and I will have to do a long hill to get back to my car. It took about 8 mins to get to the office and it will take me the same to get back. We're having a meeting down stairs today so I am taking the stairs back and forth.

When I went to dinner last night I was so proud of myself for staying in control. I had 1 fried green tomato w/no sauce and my dinner was a small grilled salmon fillet & steamed veggies, 1 glass of red wine, small cup of decaf coffee and that was it. Everyone else ordered dessert and I just watched 'em eat and didn't even feel tempted. I am so excited that food is not controlling me anymore but I am controling what I put in my mouth.

Have a great day everyone and stay strong.

Emme
02-10-2011, 11:17 AM
So my weigh in today was....eh. I STILL haven't lost anything...But my advisor said that it's probably a combination of my going off program last week, and it being my TOM and retaining water...So we shall see at the next WI....which is Friday. I feel like I've lost weight, my clothes are fitting a lot looser than they used to, but the scale isn't moving lol.

Milasmommy ~ I retain water when I am PMSing, so I know the struggle...just stay patient...it will come off!

I was planning on getting at least a small workout in when I got home but changed my mind after I gave myself a sore foot after landing on it at an awkward angle while being goofy with friends and hopping over a six foot wall. LOL! Nothing too serious....I was able to get my workout in for tonight so that's good.

Monique

Monique ~ you are so funny ~ I am glad you didn't break your ankle hopping over a six foot wall!! LOL!!

Weigh-in is tomorrow for me ~ I'm hoping that I'll stay in the 180s...I was 188.8 yesterday and 188.6 today.

Mistycrow
02-10-2011, 05:51 PM
317 today! Woot! Staying on plan, drinking water and enjoying what little sunshine has found it's way to Portland. :)

prepping
02-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Hi All!
I'm doing fantabulous. I've been logging my calories, getting super good strength training workouts in, and going to bed at a decent time. All is great! I'm still on my scale hiatus but snuck a peak on my mum's scale and found that I was 184 lbs! I'm thrilled! It's such a wonderful feeling to know that things are changing and that the numbers are finally moving after months of seeing the same dang number all the time.

Feeling good. Even if I can't fit in my smaller jeans yet. According to my calorie counter, it assumes I will be able to in a month! :D

milasmommy, it's sucks to not see any measureable weight loss on the scale but don't get too down on it! I've had plenty times where i've slipped up because of that and it just means there's that much work to get the scale moving again. silly, isn't it. :p

Monique, that's good to hear that your ankle wasn't still bugging you for a workout last night. I would imagine it's probably a bit of a workout just braiding someone's hair for hours!

Gettinfit, way to go on the dinner out!! That's awesome :D And with the added activity throughout the day, you're really setting up some great habits for the future too.

Emme, good luck on the WI!

Mistycrow, WTG on the loss! :D

Emme
02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
317 today! Woot! Staying on plan, drinking water and enjoying what little sunshine has found it's way to Portland. :)

Mistycrow ~ Good for you for staying OP and drinking lots of water. I'm glad to hear that you have some sunshine...I live in Illinois and we hope to get some this weekend and maybe next week. This snow/gloominess really gets old after a while!

Hi All!
I'm doing fantabulous. I've been logging my calories, getting super good strength training workouts in, and going to bed at a decent time. All is great! I'm still on my scale hiatus but snuck a peak on my mum's scale and found that I was 184 lbs! I'm thrilled! It's such a wonderful feeling to know that things are changing and that the numbers are finally moving after months of seeing the same dang number all the time.

Feeling good. Even if I can't fit in my smaller jeans yet. According to my calorie counter, it assumes I will be able to in a month! :D

Prepping ~ Good for you that you are losing and you'll be in your jeans before you know it! Calorie counting can definitely help ~ sometimes I will catch myself wanting to eat something, but then I know I have to take the time to log it, so I just won't eat it...it definitely keeps me accountable!

When I went to dinner last night I was so proud of myself for staying in control. I had 1 fried green tomato w/no sauce and my dinner was a small grilled salmon fillet & steamed veggies, 1 glass of red wine, small cup of decaf coffee and that was it. Everyone else ordered dessert and I just watched 'em eat and didn't even feel tempted. I am so excited that food is not controlling me anymore but I am controling what I put in my mouth.

Have a great day everyone and stay strong.

GettinFit ~ that is AWESOME!!!! It can be sooooo difficult to go out and eat with people. You did a wonderful job keeping it in perspective. Way to go! :)

milasmommy87
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the support everyone! I missed my workout this morning because I was exhausted from yesterday's stuff...my daughter is getting over a bad cold and just wants to be everywhere I am, and snuggle with me at night lol. But tomorrow, I am determined to get in there and work out before I go to work! My eating has been perfect so far, no deviations, although there have been plenty of times I wanted to cheat.

Prepping-Good job on losing the weight! And you're right about it being that much harder to lose the weight after you cheat, because now you have to focus on losing what you just gained back.

@GettingFit- I got measured around the 2nd week of January and haven't been measured since, so tomorrow I think I'm going to request that I get measured so that way I can see some kind of results...Thanks for the support!

Monique
02-11-2011, 03:18 AM
LOL@ Emme...I'm glad I didn't break my foot too. LOL.

Thanks Prepping....you're right, that's a workout by itself. LOL. Congrats on your weight loss.

Congrats to Misty and awesome job, GettinFit!

Way to go, Autumn Beauties. I did my intense 30 minute Chalene Extreme Cardio Burn tonight. Then I randomly decided to look up Tae Bo (I remember my mom had the tapes back in the day but we only did it once. LOL) on You Tube an did one of the cardio workouts. LOL. That was fun, I'm gonna do it every day.....even though I am the most obnoxious kick boxer on Earth, who cares? Just means I get to work twice as hard to get it right. LOL. :carrot:

Take care!

Monique

Emme
02-11-2011, 10:27 AM
TGIF...I am so glad it is Friday. I weighed in this morning at 187.8 which is a 2.2 loss since last Friday. Don't know how that happened as I usually only lose about 1 pound a week, but I'll take it.

We are celebrating my mom's birthday today and she wanted me to pick up a small cake for tonight. I'm going to work it into my calories that way I can have a little smidgen of it. It's in my fridge right now and every time I open it, I just want to dig into it!! :D

I hope everyone has a great day, and a great weekend OP!

GettinFit
02-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday :carrot:

Emme - Congrats for reaching the 180s!!! You'll be entering the 170s before you know it. You are doing an awesome job and you are so motivating to me.

prepping - Glad you've been doing so good on your plan and that the scale is finally moving downward for you. Stay strong.

Milasmommy - Great job on staying OP. I hear 'ya on the working out. My week has been less than I usually do. I have to try and make up for it this weekend. I hope your DD get's over her cold soon.

Monique - You are doing so good with your working out now. Keep up the great work.

Great job Mistycrow!

I am doing very good with my eating but exercise has been a little slack this week due to my schedule. I brought my sneakers with me to work and I am planning to have a nice walk on the track after work. Tomorrow and Sunday I will do double workouts.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Emme
02-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks, GettinFit! You are motivating me, too, because you talked about eating well when you went out to eat, so that inspired me to eat well today before going to my mom's ~ she offered to feed us burgers and bunyaculta (which is basically cream, butter, and garlic!), but DH and I will be eating when we get home from work and before we head out to see the family.

Mistycrow
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
i gave into getting pizza...

crm
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
:cheer2:Hi everyone,

I got back into town late last night so I didn't make it to the gym. I did weigh myself this morning expecting the worst after eating out for three days but I lost 1lb:carrot:. I think it may have to do with being in meetings all day and not being able to snack whenever I want. It also doesn't hurt when you are with someone who is a size one and never wants to eat. I will be traveling for the next five days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things keep going in the right direction.

I hope everyone has a successful weekend and keep up the great work.

GettinFit
02-11-2011, 08:09 PM
crm - Great job!!! I hope your next 5 days will be just as good. You have a great weekend too.

Monique
02-13-2011, 02:34 AM
Congrats, crm! That's the best when you expect it to be bad an the exact opposite happens :) Gonna get my late workout in after I sign off here tonight. That's the greatest now that I'm at a point where I hate to miss a workout. LOL :)

Monique

Emme
02-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Happy Sunday, everyone ~ Hope you have all had a nice weekend! It is supposed to be in the 40s-50s-60s this week, so hopefully our 2 feet of snow will be melted ASAP! I can't wait to go outside and do things. :)

Take care!

GettinFit
02-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Good evening everyone:

Emme - I hope you get good weather and you're able to get out and enjoy the outdoors. It was absolutely gorgeous here this weekend. Yesterday it was in the high 50s and today in the 60s. I got out yesterday and walked 2.5 miles at Stone Mtn and today I walked 7 miles (this is the most I've ever done at once). I was so energized that I couldn't stop at the 5 mile route. Then, I came home and washed my car. The weather was so nice that I didn't want to come in.

The scale dropped a bit today and I'm hoping it will drop more tomorrow after my workout today. Yesterday I did a high cal/point day and today I dropped down super low. I'm experimenting to find what will help me lose weight.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Can't believe it's almost over.

Emme
02-14-2011, 11:16 AM
I got out yesterday and walked 2.5 miles at Stone Mtn and today I walked 7 miles (this is the most I've ever done at once). I was so energized that I couldn't stop at the 5 mile route. Then, I came home and washed my car. The weather was so nice that I didn't want to come in.

GettinFit ~ what an awesome way to spend your day!! I don't think I have ever walked 7 miles!! Good for you :)

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a great OP week ~ I am going to visit my sister in Chicago this weekend (about 45 minutes away from me) and she is taking me out for Ethiopian food (never had it before, so it will be interesting), so I'm going to make Saturday my "high calorie" day this week. Until then, I will just stay focused.

My motto for the week: The only way I am going to fail is if I give up.

GettinFit
02-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone,

Emme - Ethiopian food sounds interesting. Let us know how it is. I really need to be more adventurous with my eating. I tend to stick with what I know.

I'm liking this high cal/high point day. When I've done WW in the past, I used to eat very strict all week and after my weigh in, I'd have a splurge meal of whatever I wanted and I'd lose weight. That seems to work best for me so I plan to keep it up.

My weight had been stuck around 217 for weeks but after trying a couple weeks of this, I'm down to 213.8.

I hope everyone else is having a great day!

Emme
02-14-2011, 01:25 PM
My weight had been stuck around 217 for weeks but after trying a couple weeks of this, I'm down to 213.8.

AWESOME!! :carrot:

Monique
02-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Keep up the great work, ladies :). Happy Valentines Day! Been eating sweets all day at work today but I'll get my workout in tonight and get back on my eating plan tomarrow. I'm so ready to get into the 190s!
Monique

Mistycrow
02-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Having a hard time getting out to walk. Issues during the walk are keeping me from wanting to get out so I feel I've failed the challenge. I try to get in workouts from DVDs when i can...

GettinFit
02-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Mistycrow - Don't feel that you've failed your challenge, if walking isn't working for you right now, focus on doing your workout DVDs instead.

Monique - Hope you're recovering from the sweets okay. I know that can be a challenge. Be strong today.

Emme - I am just so ready to get this weight off. I've tried so many times in the last few years but I really feel that this is going to be the time I do it. I'm so glad I started posting regularly here as it has been such a help to me.

I hope you all have a great OP day! WE CAN DO IT!!!

milasmommy87
02-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi ladies!

So I went and weighed in today, I'm down a total of 8 lbs, and 32 inches in 3 weeks! I'm so happy! :carrot:

Emme
02-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi ladies!

So I went and weighed in today, I'm down a total of 8 lbs, and 32 inches in 3 weeks! I'm so happy! :carrot:

Wow, that is amazing! Good for you ~ I bet you are on cloud nine! :cheer:

Monique
02-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Congrats, milasmommy! Fantastic.

Misty, no worries. Take it one step at a time and do what you can and be PROUD of it :). I still have my weaknesses that I have to work on every day. It's a long journey but we have to keep on pushing through :)

Emme, GettinFit and the rest of you, Beauties.....keep it up! We can do this!

I have a rant too: I HATE the word, "diet"...is there anyone else who gets so offended inside when someone asks, "are you on a diet?" LOL. I think part of it is that I don't like it when I feel like co-workers are watching my every move with food, good or bad. I was eating this tuna snack pack today during lunch and someone asked me that question. Can't a girl eat some tuna and not be on a diet??? Maybe I just LIKE tuna! LOL. It's just what I am choosing to eat right at this moment and if I decide I want pizza later then I'm gonna eat my pizza. Anyway, like I said, I think that's my main issue is that when people are aware that you're making healthier eating choices, they pay close attention from then on and judge you and it's hard enough as it is without all the judgement from others. The worst judgement is from those who could stand to lose some weight themselves! That one REALLY gets to me.

I remember when I was about 21 years old my friend Robert and I were on lunch break. Everyone was gathered around eating and I poured about four 3 oz. containers of ranch dressing on my salad because that's how I eat my salads usually: unhealthy. LOL....anyway, so our co-worker leans over to Robert who was about 18 at the time and tells him in Spanish (she wasn't smart enough to think I would figure out what she was saying), "Never put THAT much dressing on your salad." What is she, a health guru? NOT! She was over-weight and even more over-weight today than she was then. She is actually one of my friends today and we get along great but back then, she was like many people I had met in the work place that weren't so respectful until they get to know you.

Okay, rant over. LOL.

Monique

Emme
02-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Monique ~ I am not fond of the word diet, either. One of my friends said she is on a diet and it made me cringe. I just don't like the word because if you tell someone you are dieting, then people do tend to micromanage what you are eating and look at you whenever you are eating something...like what gives them the right to critique my eating style?! I tell people I am just eating healthier because that is exactly true.

To me, dieting makes me think of deprivation of food that I love, punishment for being overweight, and many other negative connotations that come from the word. Yes, I am eating healthier, but I'm not punishing myself. If I want to have a piece of chocolate I'll have a piece of chocolate, but I work it into my calorie intake for the day so I don't feel deprived...because if I just ate salad all week I would be a raving lunatic by day seven and I would binge on anything and everything I could find.

So, yes, I do know what you mean, and I really don't like the word "diet". There seems to be social pressure behind it which doesn't help someone who is overweight and trying to get in a better mindset.

GettinFit
02-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi ladies!

Congrats Milasmommy. 32 inches is amazing.

I hope everyone else has had a great day. It's been a super busy one for me but I got in my workout yesterday and today. I'm ticking to my program.

Monique
02-16-2011, 11:30 PM
I agree, Emme :) Great job, GettinFit!

Well, Autumn Beauties. My T.O.M. has arrived :(...boooo me. LOL. I'm gonna take one night off from working out and do some arts and crafts :). I make hair accessories and stuff :). It's my new passion that I discovered last year. I've been creative and artistic as long as I could remember but could never figure out what it was I should be doing with my talents for 26 years. I'm 27 now and I'm so glad I know!

What are your hobbies??

Monique

Emme
02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
GettinFit ~ good for you for sticking with your plan! It can be hard to squeeze workouts in, and I admire you that you find time! I've been lacking on the exercise front this week and need to get back into it.

Monique ~ my TOM started today which makes sense because I was a blubbering, emotional mess yesterday. I don't think I am going to lose anything for my weigh-in tomorrow, but I'll be happy if I just stay put until TOM is over.

Hobbies...I tend to be crafty as well, but I go through spurts of things depending on how I'm feeling. I love making earrings and baking cakes/cupcakes/cookies (yummmmmm).

GettinFit
02-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning ladies and Happy Friday :carrot:

I am so glad it's Friday but my weekend will still be very busy so I won't get any rest.

Monique - that sounds like a fun hobby. Some of my hobbies are gardening, decorating my house & doing small renovating projects (I'm an HGTV addict), I also like to crochet, dance & bake. Believe it or not another hobby is walking at Stone Mtn. I absolutely LOVE doing that.

Emme - I'm hanging in there. The scale still isn't moving down but I measured and I've lost another .5 off my waist since I measured on the 8th so I'm motivated to hang in there. I started back eating nuts and I know some days I over do it with them. I think it will be better if I just stay away from them for now and see what happens. I remember a few years ago when I followed the South Beach plan, I had to give up nuts in order to lose.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Emme
02-18-2011, 10:40 AM
TGIF, everyone! :D

GettinFit ~ awesome work on still losing inches ~ and it's great that you know how to tweak your snacks so you can see what will happen w/weight loss.

I weighed in this morning at 187.0 and I'm on TOM, so I'll take it. It's bright and sunny here this morning ~ thank goodness. Take care, everyone!

crm
02-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Happy Friday!!!

Congratulations to everyone on all the success that I've been reading about:cheer:

I had a great week of exercise. Went to DC and walked around town a couple of days...it was nice to be outside. I think on Wednesday we actually walked a marathon:D I was worn out by the end of the trip. Back to the real world of temps of 25 below:brr: and no outside walking. I can't wait for Spring!! The great news is I did leave some food on my plate at every meal and ended up losing a couple of pounds:carrot:

Emme
02-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I had a great week of exercise. Went to DC and walked around town a couple of days...it was nice to be outside. I think on Wednesday we actually walked a marathon:D I was worn out by the end of the trip. Back to the real world of temps of 25 below:brr: and no outside walking. I can't wait for Spring!! The great news is I did leave some food on my plate at every meal and ended up losing a couple of pounds

That is awesome! I bet it was beautiful there ~ that's so great that you were able to do so much walking around DC...that's the best kind of exercise ~ when you don't even mind doing it! Congrats on being down some poundage. Woo-hoo! :carrot:

GettinFit
02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Great job crm! Way to go :carrot:

Mistycrow
02-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Hopped on the scale this morning... 314.5... almost to my 5 pounds lost this month mark.

Monique
02-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Great job, Autumn Beauties. Nice hobbies, GettinFit and Emme :)

I'm taking another day off from working out and then I'll jump back into it tomarrow :). Geez, my cruise is getting closer and closer! Honestly, I need to step my game up with the dieting part. I do the FIRST step right by purchasing the healthier foods....but actually making sure I'm eating all day and at the right times is the hard part for me! I need to be strong and do it because it does work. I remember a time when weight just melted off of me because I ate a five small meals a day....or you know, three meals with two snacks in bewteen. I need to make sure I do that to speed my metabolism up. I hate that the part that seems like it should be easy is so hard for me (the diet part). Oh well, I bet when March arrives it WILL be easy. LOL. March 27th is my cruise so....I can do it!

Monique

Emme
02-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Good morning, everyone! I hope you have all had a nice weekend.

I went out for Ethiopian food for the first time with my sister last night...and it was delicious. They give you this bread that looks like soggy, rolled up carpet that is really thin and has loofah texture on one side (it really threw me off!) and you tear off pieces of it and use it to pick up chicken, lamb and beef that are prepared with onions, or spices, etc., and you also eat split peas, spinach, potatoes and carrot mixtures. It was surprisingly good and quite an experience!

This was my first "indulgent" meal since January 3rd. I have been counting calories diligently since then, and this was the first time I let go and enjoyed a meal without counting calories. And it was really nice! I wasn't nervous because I don't eat like this daily, so I didn't feel badly about doing it, and I wasn't panicking not knowing how many calories were in my food. I did try their chocolate dessert which was a piece of chocolate cake filled with warm chocolate topped with ice cream, but I only ate half of it b/c I felt so damn guilty eating that!! :) Anyway, if you ever get a chance to try Ethiopian food, do so!

Happy, positive wishes to you all today.

Monique
02-21-2011, 01:53 AM
That's great, Emme :) Sounds yummy. It's good to enjoy yourself every once in a while.

I got my workout in tonight so that's good. Thank goodness my monthly vistor has left. LOL....and now I can get back into my routine. Does anyone else get like that when they're in their period? Sometimes you just don't want to workout. There are times when you can and times when you don't want to.

Anyway, so glad you all seem to be doing well :). Any ideas for our March thread? Wow, it's almost here.

Monique

Emme
02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
That's great, Emme :) Sounds yummy. It's good to enjoy yourself every once in a while.

I got my workout in tonight so that's good. Thank goodness my monthly vistor has left. LOL....and now I can get back into my routine. Does anyone else get like that when they're in their period? Sometimes you just don't want to workout. There are times when you can and times when you don't want to.

Anyway, so glad you all seem to be doing well :). Any ideas for our March thread? Wow, it's almost here.

Monique

There are some days on TOM when I crawl under a blanket and watch TV all day. And it feels awesome. :)

I can't believe our March thread will be coming up soon...

GettinFit
02-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Glad you all had a nice weekend.

Emme - I'm glady you enjoyed your meal and was able to stay in control. I will definately have to try Ethopian food in the future.

Monique - I can't believe March is almost here!!! Seems like you just started the Feb thread. I say let's just keep doing what we're doing. I'm really glad I found you guys; you all are so encouraging to me.

This past weekend was my worst weekend. It started on Friday evening when I went to my cousin's for dinner because my aunt & other cousins were in town. My aunt baked goodies so I had one cheesecake square and one sm pc of carrot cake. I did okay with the dinner. Then on Sat. I overdid it with the 100 cal sweet desserts & pop chips and on Sat night I went to a party and had about 4 glasses of wine. Yesterday I gained control of the eating and went and did a 5 mile walk. I know this craziness was due to my not losing any pounds lately. I think I am going to need to cut my calories to around 1200 if I am going to lose weight. Livestrong says I should have around 1200-1300 a day to lose 2 pounds per week.

Emme
02-21-2011, 12:29 PM
This past weekend was my worst weekend. It started on Friday evening when I went to my cousin's for dinner because my aunt & other cousins were in town. My aunt baked goodies so I had one cheesecake square and one sm pc of carrot cake. I did okay with the dinner. Then on Sat. I overdid it with the 100 cal sweet desserts & pop chips and on Sat night I went to a party and had about 4 glasses of wine. Yesterday I gained control of the eating and went and did a 5 mile walk. I know this craziness was due to my not losing any pounds lately. I think I am going to need to cut my calories to around 1200 if I am going to lose weight. Livestrong says I should have around 1200-1300 a day to lose 2 pounds per week.

Hi GettinFit! I wouldn't beat yourself up about having an off weekend because it doesn't sound like it was that bad!! Maybe you went a little off of your eating plan, but you weren't eating horribly, horribly bad. Wine usually only has 100 calories per glass, so that's not too bad! Good luck reducing your calories. I'm excited to hear how it works out for you! I hope it doesn't deprive you too much...where are you at right now? Around 1400-1500ish?

GettinFit
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Yes Emme that's about where I am plus I eat extra for my workouts. Last week I decided that I wasn't going to buy anymore nuts for a while, well I was looking in my pantry last night and I found a whole bag of almonds. I will divide the servings into tiny zip lock bags and only eat them a few times this week. I also need to watch the sodium as I have high B/P and am on meds for that and I easily retain fluid. I'll just keep playing with it until I get it right. Last year when I was losing so good, I wasn't working a 9-5 desk job and I was able to walk 3-5 miles everyday and I was on my feet most of the day. Now I sit at a desk for 8 hours. I guess that really makes a difference. After the time changes to daylight savings time and I have more daylight after work, I will be able to get to Stone Mountain to walk a few evenings.

I am going to hang in there because I know I will eventually see the results on the scale that I want.

Emme
02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Yes Emme that's about where I am plus I eat extra for my workouts. Last week I decided that I wasn't going to buy anymore nuts for a while, well I was looking in my pantry last night and I found a whole bag of almonds. I will divide the servings into tiny zip lock bags and only eat them a few times this week. I also need to watch the sodium as I have high B/P and am on meds for that and I easily retain fluid. I'll just keep playing with it until I get it right. Last year when I was losing so good, I wasn't working a 9-5 desk job and I was able to walk 3-5 miles everyday and I was on my feet most of the day. Now I sit at a desk for 8 hours. I guess that really makes a difference. After the time changes to daylight savings time and I have more daylight after work, I will be able to get to Stone Mountain to walk a few evenings.

I am going to hang in there because I know I will eventually see the results on the scale that I want.

It sounds like you have a great plan. Almonds are so good for you and are very high in protein. I could eat a whole can of them.

And I hear you about the work situation. I work at a desk, too, and it can be very difficult on my body to just sit all day. I try to walk around as much as I can, but it's hard!

Yes, hang in there...it will come...and you've lost a great amount of weight since December, so you should be proud!!

GettinFit
02-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks Emme - You always so encouraging and I really appreciate it. I just need to be patient and wait on the scale.

I hope everyone else is doing good. I had a good day and am looking forward to another good one tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

GettinFit
02-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I need to start back posting my journals here

B: greek yogurt, banana, coffee
L: Salad w/chicken breast & ff salad raspberry vineagrette dressing, coffee
S: Orville Redenbacher 94% snack pk popcorn, diet Barqs Root beer
orange, 2 servings almonds
D: Baked Chicken leg, green beans, 2 dark chocs
Exercise: FIRM Cardio Party

GettinFit
02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Good morning Beauties,

I hope everyone is having a great day so far.

My journal for today:

B: Greek yogurt, banana, coffee w/creamer
L: Salad w/turkey breast, feta & hormel bacon pcs., 3 Dark chocs
D: Turkey sandwich on deli round with baby spinach & rf cheese
Exercise: Walk 49 mins at Stone Montain (3 miles)

I am going to tempt to get in a walk at Stone Mtn after work today. I'm hoping that I can make it there and walk 45 mins before it gets dark. I really need these intense walks to boost my weight loss.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Emme
02-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Good morning, ladies! It has been gloomy here for dayyyyyys now, and I am really ready for some sunshine. I can't wait for spring.

Well, I survived 2 days of a huge chocolate cake sitting in the kitchen in our office...the kitchen is right across the hall from my office and every time I had to go into the kitchen to fill up my water bottle I would see the cake...sooooo tempting. I would literally stand there and stare at it while my lunch was cooking in the microwave. Grrrr....cakes and cupcakes are my ultimate weaknesses. But, I made it through.

How is everyone else doing this week?

GettinFit
02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Good morning, ladies! It has been gloomy here for dayyyyyys now, and I am really ready for some sunshine. I can't wait for spring.

Well, I survived 2 days of a huge chocolate cake sitting in the kitchen in our office...the kitchen is right across the hall from my office and every time I had to go into the kitchen to fill up my water bottle I would see the cake...sooooo tempting. I would literally stand there and stare at it while my lunch was cooking in the microwave. Grrrr....cakes and cupcakes are my ultimate weaknesses. But, I made it through.

How is everyone else doing this week?

Emme - Great job on resisting the cake. I know that took determination to refrain from having a piece. You are doing so good!!!

I had a very good day! Today I only ate about 1000 calories and I did an intense 3 mile walk at Stone Mountain. I don't want to eat anything else tonight so I'll just have to end up with 1000.

I hope everyone else had a great day.

Monique
02-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Great job, ladies! Emme, I couldn't help but laugh while reading about the cake. LOL! I'm the same way....such a weakness for me.

I can actually report FOR ONCE that I had a PERFECT day on plan today :carrot:. I'm trying something new, since I have trouble eating throughout the entire day, I've created and set an alarm on my cell phone to go off five times a day to remind myself to eat something....and obviously, that something has to be as healthy as I can make it and if not, that's fine too. It's all about portion size after all :). So I know this will help me A LOT and help speed up my metabolism so I can shed these pounds faster.

Well, I'm gonna end this night the right way by getting my workout in :). Good night, Beauties!

Monique

Mistycrow
02-24-2011, 04:38 AM
down to 313... Been walking and not going over my calories and stuff... so i have reached my "lose five pounds this month" mark.

GettinFit
02-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Monique - That's a great idea to set your alarm as a reminder to workout. Great job on having a POP day too.

Congrats Mistycrow on your success.

I'm hoping to have another good day. The scale is back down to 214.8 and I'm hoping that it will keep going down now that I'm able to get to Stone Mtn during the evening after work to walk. Even though I was walking on the track here at work, it just wasn't enough for my body. My body's used to all the killer hills at the mountain. I'm also watching the carbs for a while; not eliminating but just not as many. I go on my next cruise in 9 months and I want to be at my goal by then. I have a gorgeous red gown that's a size 12 that I bought because it was on sale and I thought it would be a good incentive. My goal is to wear it when I go.

Let's all stay strong ladies - WE CAN DO THIS! :cb:

Emme
02-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I can actually report FOR ONCE that I had a PERFECT day on plan today :carrot:. I'm trying something new, since I have trouble eating throughout the entire day, I've created and set an alarm on my cell phone to go off five times a day to remind myself to eat something....and obviously, that something has to be as healthy as I can make it and if not, that's fine too. It's all about portion size after all :). So I know this will help me A LOT and help speed up my metabolism so I can shed these pounds faster.

Monique ~ that sounds like an awesome plan! I've always heard that it is good to eat every few hours ~ I know that if I don't, then I am a raging hunger freak by the time I am really hungry and then I pig out like food is going out of style. Good for you!

down to 313... Been walking and not going over my calories and stuff... so i have reached my "lose five pounds this month" mark.

Mistycrow ~ awesome work on losing your 5 pounds for the month! That's quite an accomplishment!

Good morning Beauties,
I go on my next cruise in 9 months and I want to be at my goal by then. I have a gorgeous red gown that's a size 12 that I bought because it was on sale and I thought it would be a good incentive. My goal is to wear it when I go.

Let's all stay strong ladies - WE CAN DO THIS! :cb:

GettinFit ~ Ooh, that is a good incentive...that is a great goal to have, and I know you can do it.

A few more days left of February...this month went by so fast. As GettinFit said, Stay Strong! We are powerhouses!

GettinFit
02-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Forgot to post my journal for today:

B: RF string cheese, Chobani greek yogurt, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Salad with romaine, spinach, feta, Hormel RF bacon pcs, french green beans, turkey breast & FF Raspberry vinaigrette dressing, coffee
D: turkey on wheat sandwich round with spinach & mustard, 3 dark chocs, coffee, 1/4 C skim milk
S: orange, small bag of 94% popcorn
Exercise: Ab work today

According to "My Plate" this is only 976 calories so I may add some almonds in tonight but it will only be 1 serving if I do
Added 1 sl RF cheese on sandwich, 1/4 C skim milk in coffee (this should be about 75 more cals)

Monique
02-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Congrats, Misty. Thanks, GettinFit.

Yeah, Emme. It works great, eating something every few hours. I lost two pounds yesturday just from doing that. So, am at 213 today....again...haha. My goal was to get down to 209 this month....who knows? Maybe I can pull it off in a few days.

Keep it up, Beauties.

Monique

Emme
02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Good morning, Autumn Beauties ~ it is finally sunny here today and we didn't get hit with the 4-7 inches of snow we were supposed to...it was a dusting, if that...thank God!

My official weigh-in was this morning and I'm down 1.4 pounds since last Friday. My S-I-L is in from Florida and we are having dinner tonight ~ everyone is bringing a dish, so I'm not going to be able to count calories for dinner, but I am going to be mindful of what I am eating. I have one "high" calorie day per week, and today is the day.

I hope you all have a great Friday!

GettinFit
02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
:congrat: Emme on your loss. You'll be at your goal before you know it. Enjoy your family and your dinner tonight.

Great job Monique on getting back to 213. Lookout 212 here she comes.

I'm still at 214 today but that's okay. I probably didn't eat enough calories yesterday so I need to work at eating a few more today. I'm also planning to go for a 3 mile walk after work today.

My journal for today:

B: RF string cheese, orange, coffee w/flav creamer
L: Turkey, spinach & RF cheese on whole grain sandwich round w/mustard, frozen yogurt, pineapple
D: Shrimp, green beans, FF/SF choc pudding
S: orange, popcorn, decaf coffee w/creamer
Exercise: Walk 3 miles

GettinFit
02-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Hello everyone :wave:

Today's journal:
B: Special K protein bar, SF/FF Cappuchino
S: WW 3 pt bar, coffee, banana
L: Lean Gourmet Santa Fe Rice & beans, green beans, Little Debbie 100 Cal snack cake
S: 1/2 serv almonds :carrot:
D: TBD - Going to an anniversary party but I will stay in control
Exercise: Yard work & dancing

Loss 1.8 this week at my official WW W/I.

Monique
02-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks, GettinFit. Great job with your food journal :)

Wow, Beauties....this month is almost over. It flew by so quickly. I'm ready for the new month. I didn't do so well with losin weight this month but I have a feeling next month will be a lot better considering my cruise is at the end of the month. LOL! Can't wait :)

I bought the Michael Jackson Experience game for Wii and it's a blast. It's quite a workout too! My sisters brought the game over one night because they had rented it to try it out and we all love it. Basically, you're trying follow his moves the best way that you can for the whole length of the song to score points and let me tell ya, it gets your heart rate up :)

Monique

Emme
02-27-2011, 12:15 PM
GettinFit ~ congrats on your 1.8 pound loss! You are doing great :)

Monique ~ that sounds like a fun game...I love exercising when it is fun...it makes it go by so much faster.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday! :)

GettinFit
02-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Hello ladies,

Monique - I'm glad you're enjoying your new MJ workout. My cousin brought hers here last week and I just did it for a few mins with her and it is a workout! Yep I can't believe March is here. I sure hope I lose more pounds next month than this past month. I'm just ready to have a big woosh on the scale.

Emme - I hope you've had a great weekend too.

I've had a very nice weekend. I went to an anniversary party last night and I did very good. I only ate some grilled chicken, green beans, cherry tomatoes, a couple mini sandwiches and a small glass of red wine. I stayed on the dance floor too. This afternoon, I did a 5 mile walk at Stone Mountain. The weather was absolutely gorgeous; it was 80 degrees. What a nice treat on a February day.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the day :)

My journal today:
B: oatmeal with 1 tbsp walnuts, banana, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee w/flavored creamer
S: orange, 10 almonds, 1 WW cookie
L: 1 C whole grain pasta, Classico roasted red pepper sauce w/extra veggies & chicken breast added. 2 Little Debbie 100 Cal snack cakes
D: Progresso reduced sodium chicken gumbo soup, 1 bagel thin with laughing cow cheese, cup hot green tea.
Exercise: Walked 5 miles

GettinFit
02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Happy Monday Everyone.

I hope you all have a great day.

Today's journal
B: bagel thin w/Laughing Cow wedge, Greek yogurt, coffee
S: 2 clementines, orange, WW 3 pt bar, coffee
L: large salad w/FF dressing & chicken breast
D: Turkey on whole grain sandwich round w/baby spinach & mustard, WW 2pt bar
Exercise: FIRM

Emme
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Happy last day of February...wow, this month went by really fast.

I am so proud of all of us ~ we really are doing well!

I have a feeling this is going to be a really lazy week for me. It's spring break for the college kids this week, so there are no exercise classes (except for pilates and yoga), so I won't be getting my Monday/Wednesday exercise in. We staff members have to stick around for spring break. :)

I could workout at home by using the treadmill, doing a cardio DVD, etc., but I don't know...I really feel like being lazy!! We'll see what ends up happening...

I ate well at my S-I-L's house on Friday night, but then I drank too much. Blech. Oh well. I think I'm still recovering and that is why I am feeling so lazy!

Monique
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm proud of us too! I could have done better with the eating but it's okay. I'm learning along the way. The alarm going off on my cell phone every three hours has been so helpful and it's helped me to stay at 213 instead of gain. I just knew I would gain a pound or two after eating out the other day with my mom. We went to a resturaunt called BJs and I was looking at the calories on the menu of the different meals and some have more calories than we are supposed to consume in a day!

I'm ready for the new month.

Anyhoo, I've been slacking with the new thread but it will definitely be up tomarrow! I hope to see you all again. Go, Autumn Beauties!

Monique