Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #1  
TLK

Default What is and how do I???

I apologize if these questions are answered somewhere, but there are so many stickies and things to read here, I've been reading for a week and still can't figure these two points out.

What does User CP stand for and what does it do?

Is there a way to check and see if there are any new answers to my posts without having to track down each one separately? I click on new posts, but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks very much.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Quick link, then my profile, on the left you have options about thread you answered and thread you started
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #3  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

User CP stands for User Control Panel. If you click on it, you will see a list of all threads which you have either started or contributed to which have new answers since your last visit. There is a small triangle made of three little dots on the left of the thread title. Click on that and it will take you to the first new post in the thread.

I think you have to have elected to automatically subscribe to threads though, it's been a while since I set mine up.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #4  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

User CP = User Control Panel. That's where you can find the places to change your options and edit your profile.

Go to the User CP and click on Edit Options on the left. Scroll down a bit and you'll see a header for Default Thread Subscription Mode. Pick which subscription mode you want to use and then click save down at the bottom.

I use the setting for "No e-mail notification". Then when I reply to a thread, a subscription is added for that thread. Each time you come to the site, a list of your subscribed threads that have been updated since your last visit appears in the main screen of your User CP. A little icon is placed to the right of the thread title on the main forum screen and new posts screen too.

You could also choose to have the site automatically e-mail you when threads you reply to have new posts, either immediately or in a daily or weekly summary.

Hope that helps!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #5  
TLK

Much help everyone. Thank you!
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote