General Diet Plans and Questions - Motivation

View Full Version : Motivation

Asherah
01-28-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm just curious. When the initial excitement of a new diet plan has worn off, how do you, personally, stay motivated and eager for more?

QuilterInVA
01-29-2011, 02:02 PM
I keep my goal in sight, try some different exercises, change what I'm eating. But mostly, I just do it. I plan my meals on Friday for the following week, schedule my exercise (6 days a week) just like any other appointment, and make it my priority to do it.

stasiagurl91
01-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I've been doing this for a month now. At first it was so hard because you have to change or give up things you have always eaten. Like I love sugary snacks. I would eat snacks all day and not even glance at how many calories I was stuffing in my mouth. But I keep in mind the reason I want to lose weight is to join the air force and my weight is what is keeping me back from that. So, the first two weeks I stayed on this website, but I also consteantly revisited the air force site and that always keeps me motivated. Now after a month i automatically look at the nutrional label and i practice portion control. It's all about training youer brain and that's what keeps us going

Rana
01-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Commitment.

Even when the scale isn't going down and the inches aren't coming off, I made myself a promise 18 months ago that I intend to keep. This is for my long-term health not for vanity.

I help commitment along by coming to place like 3FC which reminds me that I'm not alone in this journey, I told friends and family about my progress, so they can help me stay accountable, and I pre-plan meals and food so I know what I'm going to be eating in the following week.

For me, it's about getting a routine in place. Then it becomes automatic. Then the commitment part is really easy.

Initiative
01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I just look at my tummy in the mirror. I want it gone, that's my motivation. :P

smoothcoat
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
new clothes in smaller sizes!