100 lb. Club - Ugh.. annoyed

View Full Version : Ugh.. annoyed

Asherdoodles87
01-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I need to vent! So, I recently got a body bugg, and I have been viewing their site on facebook. I have not been hitting my daily burn goal (2700 calories for the total day) for several days now, even though I have been working out and quite active. The highest I can seem to hit is 2400. So, I posted on the page looking for some tips or advice. Instead, I got criticism that maybe my goals are too high, and I shouldn't be losing 2lbs a week. I was told that I should lower down my burn goal and try for 1lb a week. I was told I was setting myself up for failure by wanting to burn so much. (The program gave me that burn level. I didn't randomly pick it out.) And, that I need to slow down and lose at a slower pace.

I was only asking for some tips on maybe what exercises burn more calories. I am like 80lbs overweight right now. I should be able to lose 2lbs a week! It is possible.

I think I am going to stay away from that facebook page... they all seem to "know it all." One member tells people to eat more all the time.

beerab
01-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a gowearfit (I think it's called body media fit) and when I first got it I was told to eat 2500 calories a day and burn 3500. I was like yeah not happening. I did change my goals up cuz I couldn't hit over 3000 calories burned per day.

The only thing I can suggest is incorporating another half an hour of hard exercise. I can burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes when I work out on my treadmill. But at the same time you don't want to overdo it and injure yourself.

I think you can change it up by inputting how much you plan on eating and working out as well. I know when I changed some answers to questions the numbers became more doable for me.

But the one thing that sucks is as I lose my calories burned goes down! I'm hitting 2000 on days I don't work out and on days I do I'm getting like 2300-2500. I'm never going to see 3000 again unless I run at least 1.5 hours a day!

Some people can be rude on those other forums though- I don't blame you for being annoyed with them. On the Medifast board there were people who acted like if you weren't 100% on plan that you were a bad person or something- I was like grow up! lol

Asherdoodles87
01-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Beerab, thanks for your reply. I guess I just need to keep playing around with it until I figure out what helps me continue to lose weight. Wow, I thought as you lose weight your calories burned would go up because you can move easier without the weight, and your metabolism might increase?

Gale02
01-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Nope, it burns more calories to move all that weight around than it takes to move a smaller person around, therefore your calorie burn for the exact same exercise will be higher at a higher weight.

beerab
01-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Nope- the thinner you are the less calories you need to function. Also the healthier you are the less harder your heart pumps and so on. When I first started working out my heart rate would shoot up to over 200. Now my heart rate stays in the 160s and 170s and rarely gets above the 180s when I work out. It's frustrating I'm not going to lie but at least I know I'm healthier. Last time I got checked at the doctor she said whatever you are doing keep it up.

Asherdoodles87
01-28-2011, 09:53 PM
I did weights today before cardio and the calories burned was higher then when I just did cardio for an hour. I did weights first and spent 30 minutes, and then did cardio for a bit and spent 30 minutes. Maybe my body was getting used to my routine? I was doing weights about every other day.

graycyn
01-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Sorry the Bodybugg facebook group wasn't more supportive. Maybe you could try the BodyMedia FIT page instead, they seem to be a pretty nice bunch and don't seem to mind if a Bodybugg person comes over and posts. I'm over there some, since I have a BodyMedia FIT.

However, I'm about 80 pounds overweight as well, and my body does *not* work well with a deficit large enough to lose 2 pounds a week. I get famished, and headachy and majorly cranky if I try and make too high a deficit. And I don't lose well either, which only makes it worse!

So it really does vary from person to person as to what kind of burn/deficit can be tolerated. But maybe they could've said it nicer!

I think if I were younger, I might could do more, but at my age, I'm finding that slow and steady is better than pushing too hard and burning out.

I don't know what it's like with the Bodybugg software, but with the BodyMedia FIT, you can easily adjust your goals to eat more/burn more or eat less/burn less. If you really want to hit that burn, then I would say you simply need to add more activity, perhaps an extra half hour of walking. I would be careful, and listen to your body because when we are heavier, extra activity can start to really increase the pounding on the joints. I actually LOWERED my step goal with the custom option, because my bad ankles were burning out with me trying to hit 5000 steps a day. That just wasn't sustainable for me on a daily basis.

Anyway, we all have different bodies and it will be a matter of figuring out what works best for you. Good luck with it!