Old 01-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #1  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Default mean people

so, I've been living with my friend and his family, and their all not overweight but their not really skinny either.

well the other day i was justing messing around with his brother and my friends step dad was like "its not over till the fat lady sings" and his brother was like "yeah, it wont be over until Lindsay sings" and everyone starts laughing like its the funniest things ever.
and Im not allowed to be mad because he was like 'Oh Im just joking," and his mom said "yeah its all said in good fun"
seriously!?
and this isn't the first time they've said things like this to me before, and Im getting so aggravated. like i can't be mad because its all in "good fun", even though they know my weight is a sensitive subject for me.
and his brothers girlfriend will come over and all they talk about is how tiny and little she is, and just how cute she is and small and skinny. and just how small she is looks next to his brother. because im not only the tallest girl in the house, im also the heaviest. just. shoot. me.

And the other day at work i was telling my boss about how much i wanted to loss and she was like, 'well your going to look great 20 pounds from now' and she couldnt understand why i was mad at her for that comment.

and i get no support from anyone here. they all know i want to go on a diet, but they continue to want to buy fatty foods, and when i tell them im not going to eat what they've cooked his mom will say 'oh. I just wish i would;ve known before i made so much" i mean its not like i just sprung this on everyone. and i tell them i want to workout his step dad will say " oh your on another diet again, Lindsay?" then laugh. uuggghhh

sorry for that rant. people just make me sad sometimes.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

That is so cruel. How is just joking around about someone else's weight all in good fun? You have a right to be upset. My feelings would be terribly hurt. I don't understand people. What you should say to them is that you're not on a diet, you're trying to change your lifestyle to a more healthy one. If they aren't on board, then do your own cooking. I did that when I was in high school my sr year - my dad ate terribly so I just did my own thing & dropped 15lbs.

Ugh. I want to punch them for you. You just have to ignore their snideness & do what you need to do get healthy. Hugs, girl!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

*hug*

I FEEL your pain. When my sister comes around all I hear is "omg she's so beautiful, she's so thin, she looks so great, yada yada" but when I come around it's "nice seeing you." I'm like what the heck am I? Chopped liver?! I was really upset about it last Christmas- I felt like it was constantly in my face about how wonderful my sister looked. I mean don't get me wrong- I love my sister but DAMN.

It was to the point I didn't even want to celebrate my birthday because I was like what's the point everyone is going to be just gushing over my sister. I think my sister realized how I felt cuz when I told her I was going to cancel the party she was like what are you talking about- it's YOUR day you have to and then she took me out for mani's and pedi's. Even that day whenever someone said something to her she'd say "this is my sister's day, SHE looks fabulous..."

Honestly- so what if they made extra- you don't have to eat it. This time is about YOU and if you have to cook yourself separate dinners then do so. OR offer to cook meals so it'll be on plan for you.

I can understand your frustration but you'll get there! Let them talk- tell them they are fat too. Or next time tell the mom "oh yeah it's not over till you sing... Don't get offended it's all in GOOD FUN...."

I know it may sound extreme but it might be time to save up for your own place or find roommates where you all worry about your own foods.

Last edited by beerab; 01-28-2011 at 12:38 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Let them talk- tell them they are fat too. Or next time tell the mom "oh yeah it's not over till you sing... Don't get offended it's all in GOOD FUN...."
Bahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #5  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

You should ask mom if she'd like to sing a duet to end the night...She may get upset but that'd be silly because "its all in good fun". People are silly. It may be just to be funny but everyone has their little spots. It wouldn't be funny to make fun of someone if they failed a class or got rejectedfrom med school so I don't understand why its okay if someone has weight problems to make fun of that.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Maybe I should move in. They'd really think I'm a giant girl, LOL!!! If I had a dollar for everytime someone made a crack at me being a big ol' amazon, I'd be rich!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #7  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Maybe I should move in. They'd really think I'm a giant girl, LOL!!! If I had a dollar for everytime someone made a crack at me being a big ol' amazon, I'd be rich!!
I've never gotten "amazon" comments but some people will always comment on how I'm just big and its like "Honey, my bodyfat is at 20%. Yours is probably around 27%. You may be short but you should keep your size comments to yourself." Its obnoxious. haha so I know how you feel about the height/size comments.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Why are you staying with these people? They sound attrocious. I would just say "I understand that you are joking and that you didnt mean to offend me (lol WHATever) but my weight is something I find sensitive and very personal to me, and I feel hurt when those jokes are made" At work we always say to kids its best to stick it to "I" statements because then you're less blaming but you get to own your emotions- like, even though its in good fun you are still entitled to feel hurt if thats how you feel! So things like "I feel hurt" or "I dont like it" can be better than "you upset me" or "you dont realise it hurts"

This is if you're in a diplomatic mood of course lol
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Yeah OR you could do it that way.... I just find bullies only understand bullying.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #10  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Wow...and people wonder why I not a sympathic person towards humans...You have every right to be mad, and if that was me in the situation I would distance myself with these people and start looking for my own place that's for sure.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #11  
gym bunny

S/C/G: 210/168/140

Height: 5ft 6

Wow. Im sorry, that was totally not cool. You can do this, you've got this place, and thats a start.
nickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

They are being rude. Jokes are only funny when they make people feel good. If they make people feel bad, then it's not a joke. It's taking pleasure in hurting. Next time they do that, be mad! You are totally allowed to be mad, and call them on it. "Wow! I can't believe you said that out loud! How embarassing for you!"

I don't know your living situation, but I hope you are moving toward the time/place when you can move out.

While they could be less rude, they aren't really responsible for supporting you in your diet though. You aren't a child. Can you make your own meals?

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #13  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

And this is EXACTLY why nobody knows about my weight loss, not anymore. I just DO NOT discuss it with anybody. Not that I want to lose weight, not that I'm working out, NOTHING. If they make comments about my food I make one back about theirs and it's the end of it.
I just can't stand people commenting on my "diet" or my "weight" anymore.
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #14  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RienQueNny View Post
And this is EXACTLY why nobody knows about my weight loss, not anymore. I just DO NOT discuss it with anybody. Not that I want to lose weight, not that I'm working out, NOTHING. If they make comments about my food I make one back about theirs and it's the end of it.
I just can't stand people commenting on my "diet" or my "weight" anymore.
I wish I didn't tell people but I have such a big mouth when it comes to talking about myself...
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #15  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry they're so rude!
My family is extremely outspoken and used to make fun of me all the time but they were "just kidding' and would tell me not to be so sensitive.
Its hard because its not like they're friends, they're your family.
Now I get a lot of awkward "too skinny" comments :-/
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote