Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/200

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Chips, Pies and Cakes oh my...

It seems like im going no where fast here...i said as of Jan 1 i was going to start loosing weight...here i am Jan 27 with only 3 pounds lost. Why? i just cant seem to break old habbits. Im by no means a heavy eater...but thats my problem i barely eat at all and when i do i binge...then i feel like crap. Then theres the whole exercise thing...I ran my very first mile in 7 minutes (i smoke to so it was tough) i was so proud....but i havent done anything since...i just dont have the gumption if you will to get off of the sofa and do something. I feel like im failing. I want to be healthy...the calorie counting is tough...i need a plan...i need an inexpensive plan to help me get on track and get this weight off. I want to walk up the steps without being out of breath, i want to look good in a wedding dress in October 2012. I want the skinny chick inside of me to come out....i know shes in there i can hear her yelling at me but the fatso smothers her so she shuts up....someone help i have no clue where im going
chase1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Congrats on running the 7 minute mile. I hate cardio personally and it has always been my weakness. For starters I think you should start easy exercise first. Just go for a walk to the store or around the block, do some gardening, or put some music on and just dance around your house. Take it easy and do something you know you will stick to.

As for calories find some low calorie meals you like and just eat them all the time.

For example for breakfast you could have a cup of plain nonfat yogurt with flaxseed and fruit, an egg with a piece of whole wheat toast, a veggie omelette, or a bowl of low calorie cereal with nonfat or 1% milk. For lunch a turkey sandwich on whole wheat, a turkey sausage and salad, a skinless chicken breast with brocolli, or a porkchop with cauliflower. For snacks you could have a piece of fruit, some unsalted mix nuts, carrots, or if you must indulge your sweat treat a rice krispy treat.

There are plenty of options out there you just gotta figure out what you like and stick with it. You can't get anywhere if you don't start moving. Don't let your life pass you by. Stop think about doing something. Do it!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #3  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase1984 View Post
It seems like im going no where fast here...i said as of Jan 1 i was going to start loosing weight...here i am Jan 27 with only 3 pounds lost. Why? i just cant seem to break old habbits. Im by no means a heavy eater...but thats my problem i barely eat at all and when i do i binge...then i feel like crap. Then theres the whole exercise thing...I ran my very first mile in 7 minutes (i smoke to so it was tough) i was so proud....but i havent done anything since...i just dont have the gumption if you will to get off of the sofa and do something. I feel like im failing. I want to be healthy...the calorie counting is tough...i need a plan...i need an inexpensive plan to help me get on track and get this weight off. I want to walk up the steps without being out of breath, i want to look good in a wedding dress in October 2012. I want the skinny chick inside of me to come out....i know shes in there i can hear her yelling at me but the fatso smothers her so she shuts up....someone help i have no clue where im going
You mention that you barely eat, and when you do, you binge. You're probably binging because you've barely eaten.

If running is killing you and you don't think you'll stick with it, consider taking long walks instead. It doesn't burn as many calories...but if it's sustainable, you'll come out ahead.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #4  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
For example for breakfast you could have a cup of plain nonfat yogurt with flaxseed and fruit, an egg with a piece of whole wheat toast, a veggie omelette, or a bowl of low calorie cereal with nonfat or 1% milk. For lunch a turkey sandwich on whole wheat, a turkey sausage and salad, a skinless chicken breast with brocolli, or a porkchop with cauliflower. For snacks you could have a piece of fruit, some unsalted mix nuts, carrots, or if you must indulge your sweat treat a rice krispy treat.
Great suggestions.

Because I'm originally a southern girl, I'd add brown beans to the list. I *really* want it with cornbread fritters, but I usually go pseudo-Mexican and put it over brown rice with onion, salsa, and a little reduced fat cheese.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats on the 7 minute mile. My arthritus rules out running but I can walk fast.

I can't say what will work for you. I can share what works for me.

I eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day, when I reach that point I stop no matter what time of day. For example if I went over board on breakfast I have no more food that day and shame on me for doing it.

all food is weighed, measured, and recorded. I use a computor program called "Weight by Date" it makes tracking easy for me. I found that I was a terrible judge of food amounts.

I eat six times a day. Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and a late snack. This is provided of course that I have not reached
1200 calories.

I use smaller plates and it seems like more food.

I don't take a lot of food supplements but I do take a daily multivitamin.

I never eat or snack anywhere but at the dining/kitchen table sitting down. No eating standing up or watching TV.

Leftovers are frozen right away. It is hard for me to open the freezer and snack on something as an impulse. If food is left in the refrigerator snacking can and does happen.

I remove my hard to stay away from foods from my home. I have no candy, potato chips. pretzels, peanuts, etc; In the house. If it's not here I can't eat it.

I am up and moving. I can't run but I can bring one or two articles of laundry from the bedroom to the washer at a time. Makes me walk a lot.

I walk everyday. Today it was 3 1/4 miles. It is easier to walk with someone or with an animal. I don't have a dog so I borrow my neighbor's with permission.

When shopping I pick the parking spot furthest from the store. My teenage grandson teases me about this. He will say grandpa there is a spot at the store down the block, we could walk to this store

When sitting to watch something I do isometric exercise.

I weigh myself every day. The experts tell me I should only do it weekly, but I have never been able to go that long.

I need to be around other people like me. 3 Fat Chics on a Diet forums are great for moral support.

I believe in God and I pray for his help.

I do fun things that I enjoy. I can't be sad and diet sucessfully.

This is but a little bit of my plan.

Larry
--------------------
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
- Erica Jong
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #6  

Have you ever thought of going on a diet plan like South Beach? Sometimes people who have a hard time counting calories and breaking sugar addiction find the plan a little easier. After I had my kids and had about 30lbs to loose each time I went on the South Beach Diet. It worked wonders for me. It took the calorie counting part away and gave me the flexibility of eating things I usually don't. Although I am a vegetarian I focused on eating egg whites, string cheese, veggies and after the first phase fruit.
Look it up and see if you like it, if you do give it a go.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
I believe in God and I pray for his help.

I do fun things that I enjoy. I can't be sad and diet sucessfully.

This is but a little bit of my plan.

Larry
--------------------
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
- Erica Jong
^^This! Especially the praying part and the Quote in his signature!
Before any of us can help you, you must be totally committed in helping yourself. Only you can do this...and it CAN be done for free.

Keep trying honey. Those 3 pounds lost are better than 3 pounds gained.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #8  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Its very important to find something that you like to do. For me i really enjoy Zumba. I go as many times a week i can at my gym. When you are dancing u dont pay attention to the time because u are having fun! I also enjoy walking on the treadmill. If you like to swim then try that.

As far as food, i REFUSE to buy junk food. If its not in my house then i will not eat it! lol. I like to snack on fruits. They are naturally sweet and are better for u than candy.

You just have to decide what is more important for you. Yes food tastes really good, but will it shorten your days? Just gotta weigh your options. Everytime i think im going to slip, i think and imagine how im going to look and feel after i lose all this weight. Just surround yourself with a great support system of friends who are trying to do the sae as you! You will be fine.
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #9  

I appreciate all of your words. Ive just found that it is difficult. I dont have alot of money so gyms and such are out of the question and with as cold as it has been i havent wanted to go walking keeping me trapped in the house. I did discover laundry could be fun if i danced my booty off at the same time lol. I appreciate the words about god...but no offence it isnt of my religion...also its hard to have a support group around me because all of my friends are the small girls who can eat anything and gain nothing. *sigh*
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #10  

I decided if i start a blog something i enjoy...i would be able to be accountable for my actions... losingthegutfinally.blogspot.com/2011/01/welcome-to-my-weightloss-adventure.html if anyone would like to follow my "adventure"