General Diet Plans and Questions - UGH...Why is the scale going the wrong way?!

spunkystar01
01-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey everyone...I am posting today because I am getting so frustrated!!! I had lost nearly ten lbs...but this week the scale is slowly going up...up .3 lbs one day, .2 the next....I know I should just wait and do the weekly weigh in but i just needed to vent here!...

I know I am eating healthy, within my 1400 calories plus exercising 45 min cardio etc. blah.

I can't let this get me down though...I don't want to slip back into eating because I hate the scale number...!

Do others go through spurts of this? and will the scale start going downwards again?! :?: :?:

Michou
01-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Yes it will go , you eat what you are supposed, you exercise, you cannot gain fat that way, but water weight fluctuation is playing trick on you. Dont let those numbers negate your efforts. I weight myself like you but also take measurements and those I find give me a better picture of my progress dont use those fluctuation as an excuse for stopping your efforts. Continue what you are doing, be confident and slowly you will see it go down.

HadEnough
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
You are going to see daily fluctuations, that is the downside to weighing everyday. Just do what you are supposed to do and you will see the scale start to go in the right direction....just be patient and don't weigh daily if you can't handle it.

shazia
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
dont give up,keep going till success,
i am sure scale will go down tomarrow and day after tomarrow...

astrophe
01-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Are you seriously going to throw in the towel over 1/2 cup water? You could pee all that out the next time you visit the bathroom!

Don't get this bent out of shape by mere ounces. Try to remember that a lb is 16 oz, and .2 or .3 lbs is just 3 - 4 oz!

The scale just shows weight change. It doesn't not tell you weight composition. You go chug 2 cups of water and you will weigh more even though water is 0 calories and you know it isn't fat tissue responsible for the change on the scale. Hold some rocks and scale shows a change in weight and you KNOW it isn't fat tissue responsible for the scale.

There will be daily flux -- take it in stride and keep your perspective if you are going to be a daily weigher. I can change up to 3 lbs over the day as I eat, drink, pee, poo and I know it isn't suddenly 3 lbs of fat tissue flying around. That would be 10,500 extra calories I'd have to eat to become actual fat tissue!

Chin up! :)

GL!
A.