Momentum / Flex - For us Momentum users!!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : For us Momentum users!!

jess jp
01-26-2011, 09:17 PM
This is a thread for weight watchers users who have decided for one reason or another to stick with Momentum. We can share weekly weigh ins, exercise, recipes, ....anything we d*mn well please. :D

jess jp
01-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Well, aunt flow is here. Blah. I weigh everyday and was wondering why I wasn't losing weight after my high calorie weekend using flex pts. But now I know why, it came today.
My hubby and I were talking about why we wanted to switch back on momentum...we feel like we are in better control with this plan. Who knows why exactly...we can't put our finger on it, but it works better for us regarding the scale too. It's not like we were eating a ton of fruit either. I was eating 3-4 servings at most.

PageLynn
01-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I may be joining this thread group next week. With momentum I was losing consistently (pre-pregnancy). They started points plus after I had my son and was able to start back up. With points+ I have not lost. I can't figure out why and it's driving me nuts. Everytime I think I figure it out I fluctuate in weight again. So the fluctuation in lieu of actual weight loss is driving me nuts. I told myself if there is no loss this week then I will switch back. Can't hurt to switch back and see if it works better for me on that plan. If it doesn't then I'll switch back to points+ at the end of a 2 week period.
But anyway HI! I'll be lurking to see if it works out for ya.

KimberlyP
01-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone!

Really glad this thread was created, I switched back to Momentum yesterday after my weigh in. I've been really frustrated with PointsPlus and had such awesome luck on Momentum that I feel it's the right thing to do. I did however catch some grief yesterday from my leader for switching back and I told her that I have to do what's right for ME. PointsPlus is not for everyone just like Momentum is not and I'm honestly just happy to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about PP.

auntj
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
you are so correct. you do have to do what is best for you. i have been reading about the awesome results you were having with momentum. good luck.

jess jp
01-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Kim you have guts to tell your leader :) I probably wouldn't have mentioned it, but I think from what you've told me before you've established a bit of a bond together. Yup, we have to do what's best for us and that doesn' mean we will never return to pp, just that we're comfortable here at this point in time and our bodies respond really well to momentum.

amandie
01-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Hi all!!

Thanks so much, Jess, for creating this thread! Aunt Flo was MIA for a couple of months and showed up on Tuesday so I hear ya on that part. ::grumble::

I just started on the Flex plan on Tuesday switching from counting calories. I am loving it so far- MUCH easier and more flexible than counting calories! I also like earning the AP part as well. For some reason, I just feel really more positive about this, like this is IT, you know? I also don't feel deprived compared to South Beach, calorie counting, etc.

Kim- yep, I have to agree because you have to do what works for you be it core, P+ or flex.

KimberlyP
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Today is my third day back on Momentum and It's actually been easy to get right back on plan! My home scale is down 4lbs from my weigh in Wednesday, I know the scale at my center is 1lb more than here at home but a loss is a loss :carrot:

Hope everyone is doing well since switching back!

amandie
01-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Good afternoon all! Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? :dancer:

Just gonna watch some movies tonight and maybe have a few (beers) with homemade pizza- sort of like CPK's BBQ chicken pizza but on flatout wraps instead. Sometimes I use high fiber lowfat tortillas if I'm out of flatout wraps.

I'm off to work out on the elliptical! Have a great weekend, everyone. :)

jess jp
01-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Amandie, I feel the SAME way...like this IS it! I've been on ww's since around oct 11th and I've lost 20lbs. It's an average of about 1.3lbs a week I'm guessing...I'll take it. I always use my flex pts. It's funny, you mention beer and pizza + movies...that's what we're doing tonight, my hubby and I. :)
I might skip the beer...we'll see how I feel when 6:00 comes around if I want it or not.
But yeah..I've tried many diets...atkins, slimfast, ect and ww is IT! I've had mini binges, gains, fallen off the wagon a handful of times, but I always get back up. Good luck, I'm sure you will love it!!

Kim, that is fantastic about your loss already. I was down to 166.6 last week when i weighed on fri, today i am 166.8-but TOM is here (and I did go over my flex pts last weekend a bit), so I am hoping to see a loss when TOM is over in a few days.
Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

amandie
01-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Hello all- hope your weekend went well and that you all stayed OP - finally dipped into my WPA over the weekend. :sssh: We will see how the weigh-in goes tomorrow.

KimberlyP
01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
It's been almost 1 weeks since I switched back to Momentum and my home scale says I'm back down to 173, last Wednesday at my center I was 179! So far it's been pretty easy getting back on track and I don't really miss anything about Points Plus because I wasn't on it long enough to find anything I actually liked about it.

How is everyone doing since switching back?!

KimberlyP
02-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Tomorrow I weigh in and it's been exactly one week since switching back to Momentum! I know the scale will show a nice loss because my home scale says I've lost 5lbs as of this morning =D Super excited and am hoping my center isn't closed in the morning due to the huge snow storm we're about to get!

amandie
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Well, weigh in was not a big loss like I wanted but I will take it! [B]1.6 lbs loss![B] I felt like I should step up the exercise a bit so I did 45 minutes instead of my usual 30 on the elliptical trainer (which I do at least 5 times a week) and will incorporate the upper part of Wii Active so we will see!

Kim- 5lbs? NICEEEEEE! Urrgh, snowstorms. No fun. That's why I moved to Arizona from Kansas about 7 months ago, haha. :)

KimberlyP
02-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Everyone!

Today is exactly one week since I switched back to Momentum and unfortunately my center was closed due to the snowstorm we had overnight. I did however step on my home scale and am down 5.2lbs! On to week number 2!

How has everyone else done this week?

jess jp
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I was on TOM last week and had a .6 gain, so I am hoping it was just the bloat and it will show up as a bigger loss this week. I use my flex pts over the weekend, so it takes a while for my body to drop that sodium/ect in order to see a loss on my Friday weigh in at home. I will let you guys know how I did. I've been feeling kind of icky-not sick really, but just cabin feverish, so I haven't been as meticulous while tracking, but I haven't gone completely off the wagon either. Tonight I have 3 cookies (small/med) that I am defrosting from the freezer (we make a batch of choc chip and freeze 3 for my hubby and I each). I might eat them or I may just stick them back in the fridge...that would make me go over by 5pts, so not *too* bad. Can't wait for some sunshine!!!!
Amandie-1.6lbs is awesome. Even sticking to plan (though I use my flex pts) I see a little over a 1lb loss each week. I keep wanting to not use m weeklies to see how much of a loss that will bring, but come Sat when they start over to a new week I am in the mood for something naughty.

awesome loss kim! can't wait to see how you weigh in next week, sucks your meeting was closed!!

PageLynn
02-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I switched back to Momentum today. Will officially start on Sunday. I am also CC to double check myself. I would stop CC but I love an app I have on my phone lol. Congrats everyone on their losses!

proudmommy09
02-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi all my first week back on momentum and I lost 4.4#!!!! Im extremely happy with that considering my first month on PP and I lost 6lbs for the whole four weeks.

KimberlyP
02-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi all my first week back on momentum and I lost 4.4#!!!! Im extremely happy with that considering my first month on PP and I lost 6lbs for the whole four weeks.

Congrats!! :carrot:

Hopefully we all see another nice loss next week too :D

KimberlyP
02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Everyone!

This morning I went to my official weigh in because I wasn't able to make it Wednesday due to the snow storm we had. After 1 week and 2 days on Momentum I lost 4lbs exactly for a total of 92lbs! My home scale was off by 1.2lbs but that's ok because it's pretty close.

My leader told me she ordered my certificate and as soon as I reach a loss of 100lbs I will receive it =D Only 8 more pounds to go!!

KimberlyP
02-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Just curious but does anyone count an apple as 1 points as opposed to 2 as it lists in the Pocket Guide? I've been counting them as one point but some of the apples I have are pretty large.

amandie
02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Jess- Thanks! Cookies, yum!! I have brownies iced with generic crunchy "nutella" - SO good and 2 points each (if cut in 16 pieces instead of 10.) :dance:
That is so great, Kim!!! 4lbs is good!

Proudmommy- congrats on your 4.4lb loss!! That is great!

Be seeing you soon, Page! :)

Come Superbowl Sunday, I'm going to have a lot of cut up veggies with homemade lowfat ranch dressing, WW friendly jalapeno poppers and chili! Maybe, just maybe I will make hot chicken wings without the skin. I found a zero fat wing sauce at the dollar store but it's 100 calories per 1 TSP. So am still on the fence about that.

Have a great weekend all!!

amandie
02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Kim- For me, I count it as 1 point if it is roughly the size of a baseball. 2 and up if it's bigger than a baseball.

PageLynn
02-04-2011, 12:39 PM
So after switching back to Momentum on Wednesday I am already down to 194.6 (was 196.2-198; lovely bouncing back and forth thanks to points+)! I knew there was a reason I liked Momentum!

TransformingToni
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Curious, how would I get my hands on Momentum information? It seems for all the hard work I am doing, my weight loss is rather sluggish on Points+.

PageLynn
02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
You could look on ebay. Or look around online. There was a lot of places that had the info. here is one that has some: https://sites.google.com/site/wwcheatsheets/

amandie
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Toni- I did not have to pay anything for my information on momentum/flex plan. First I looked online on how to figure out how many points I get per day then looked for an online WW point calculator for momentum then bookmarked it so I could figure out points for meals and whatnot. I also printed out a go-to list for fruits/veggies/starches so I wouldn't have to go online all the time to check point count. Lastly, I printed out a daily journal so I could track points myself. :)

amandie
02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
WTH?.... My can of soup is 1 point per serving and has 2 servings in the whole can so you would think it'd be 2 points altogether, right?.... Nope- just calculated it and it is 4 points for the whole can?.... Should I just go ahead and accept what the calculator says or??

PageLynn
02-04-2011, 03:39 PM
I have learned with WW 1+1 =/= 2 all the time. Like 0point soup is 1 or 2 for the whole can.

amandie
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Page- Yea, I'm starting to realize that now, lol. I went ahead and put myself down for 4 points and had 5 FF saltine crackers (1pt) so that was 5 points total leaving me with 16 so I should be just fine for dinner, snacks and maybe dessert.

I had a store coupon for free ice cream 48 to 64 oz. I took the lowest calorie they had since they did not have any fat free ones. Strawberry Harvest- about 160 calories for 1/2 cup. I really wanted the Strawberry Banana sorbetto since it was 100 calories per 1/2 cup but the coupon did not cover it even though the tub was only 33 oz with the same brand and price as the Strawberry Harvest.

KimberlyP
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
WTH?.... My can of soup is 1 point per serving and has 2 servings in the whole can so you would think it'd be 2 points altogether, right?.... Nope- just calculated it and it is 4 points for the whole can?.... Should I just go ahead and accept what the calculator says or??

Progresso has an awesome garden vegetable soup and it's 2 points for the entire can! I have that with 10 fat free saltines, the entire meal is 4 points and is super filling.

KimberlyP
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Kim- For me, I count it as 1 point if it is roughly the size of a baseball. 2 and up if it's bigger than a baseball.

Thanks!

KimberlyP
02-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Just had a pretty awesome dinner!

Feta & Romaine Salad W/Walden Farms Dressing AND a Morning Star Veggie Burger on an Arnold Thin with sliced onion, tomato, and spicy mustard =D

5 Points Total (Would have been a few more on P+)

amandie
02-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Just had a pretty awesome dinner!

Feta & Romaine Salad W/Walden Farms Dressing AND a Morning Star Veggie Burger on an Arnold Thin with sliced onion, tomato, and spicy mustard =D

5 Points Total (Would have been a few more on P+)

Sounds good! I had bbq chicken pizza using leftover rotisserie chicken (4pts) on flatout wrap (1pt) with some bbq sauce, 1 whole roma tomato, red onion and some shredded cheese (2pts)- for 7 points total. I'm stuffed!

TexNurse
02-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I want to join this thread too. I was not liking P+ but seemed that if you say anything like that kind of get a lecture on maybe not trying hard enough. I really like the old program and I think I will be more comfortable with it. The P+ gave me waaayyy too many points and I had to eat heavy foods to get all the points in. If WW really wants people to eat healthier instead of just giving guidelines and suggestions they need to go back to actual exchange lists and not allow anything you want but then if you don't lose they say its because you are not eating the healthier suggestions. Does that make any sense or am I just rambling. I mean WW has built their reputation on eating "anything you want as long as it is within your points" but then if you eat all bad foods you don't lose, so that doesn't make sense. But, on the other hand, I like that I am not locked in to being restricted from anything. All that to say that I still like the old program better, still have my books and that is what I am going to do.

twizzlergirl
02-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi - I am so glad to have found a group of people who are not loving Points+ ! I joined WW middle of September 2010, and had great success with Momentum. I'm so tired of hearing that "we all need to accept change". I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds since PP started and have lost my motivation for WW. Today I made the decision to just stick with Momentum. It works for me and I am happy doing it.:)

amandie
02-05-2011, 03:16 PM
:welcome: TexNurse AND Twizzlergirl! The more the merrier!

:dance:

coffeebean267
02-05-2011, 04:01 PM
So happy this thread is here! I was actually one of the few (at least, it seemed so) that never joined PointsPlus. I was doing Momentum on my own and was too nervous to try the new program (I had the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality) back when it premiered in November. I felt that Momentum really worked for me and hated the fact that I had to explain myself whenever someone tried to push PointsPlus on me (similar to was TexNurse was saying). I'm still going strong with Momentum and am so happy to have this thread and you guys!

jess jp
02-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I was also one of the ones that was not happy to 'accept change' with p+. I just didn't see a reason for the change. It is simple to me and I'm such a realist...calories in vs calories out. It is up to the user to decide if they want a banana or a vita top muffin at 1 pt each. Some days I would rather have a 100 calorie pack than an apple and that's okay! A lot of the times I try hard to stick to the good healthy guidelines (fruit, healthy oils, veggies, whole grains, dairy, ect). I don't need to be steered towards healthier eating, you know? It's up to me what I want to consume on whatever day and don't feel like being penalized for it. ;)
I thought I hit some sort of plateau, but the scale is moving again. I was 166.6 yesterday for the 3rd friday in a row. The first fri at 166 -I had went from 169-166 in the one week. But it is 166 even now and I am going to take it easy on my weekly points for this week, I really want to see the scale continue to go down and not shoot back up. But if I really want something I will have it, no big deal.

KimberlyP
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
It seems we ALL have the same thing in common as far as P+ is concerned, we were gaining and losing the same few pounds since starting the new plan. I never experienced a continuous loss like I did on Momentum. There is obviously something wrong with P+ if there are this many of us having the SAME issue! Even a handful of people in my meeting are frustrated but my leader is encouraging them to stick with P+..

I'm not willing to have anyone tell me I should just 'Accept' the new plan because it's what Weight Watchers wants us to do. I'm going to do what is best for me!

twizzlergirl
02-05-2011, 06:55 PM
So, as I said earlier I decided today was the day to switch back to Momentum for me - YAY! I've been Um-ing and Ah-ing about it since it started - 6th Dec.2010! Don't think I need to keep going to meetings if all I'm really paying for is to have a chat with my WW friends. My home scale is usually about 0.2 lbs more at home, so no big deal with weighing myself. I think I will stay with e tools for a while as I like the tracker (just punch in my own numbers) and progress charts etc, plus I have friends there too. What is everyone else doing ?

Gotta say, making this decision has taken a weight off my shoulders (hopefully it'll show on the scale!) Finding this group was just what I was looking for - thank you, thank you, thank you ! :hug:

Each smiley = 5lbs lost

:cool::cool::cool: +4lbs gone so far ! (bye bye 19lbs !)

twizzlergirl
02-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Since PP started on 6th Dec - DOH!

KimberlyP
02-05-2011, 07:10 PM
So, as I said earlier I decided today was the day to switch back to Momentum for me - YAY! I've been Um-ing and Ah-ing about it since it started - 6th Dec.2010! Don't think I need to keep going to meetings if all I'm really paying for is to have a chat with my WW friends. My home scale is usually about 0.2 lbs more at home, so no big deal with weighing myself. I think I will stay with e tools for a while as I like the tracker (just punch in my own numbers) and progress charts etc, plus I have friends there too. What is everyone else doing ?

Gotta say, making this decision has taken a weight off my shoulders (hopefully it'll show on the scale!) Finding this group was just what I was looking for - thank you, thank you, thank you ! :hug:

Each smiley = 5lbs lost

:cool::cool::cool: +4lbs gone so far ! (bye bye 19lbs !)

I really like my meetings but I think I may stop going also and invest in e-tools. The thing I like about my center is we have competitions and they really keep me motivated (I won the last two!). I don't want to keep paying for a plan I'm not following and my leader wasn't too happy when I told her I switched back. I'm at a point where I could do this on my own since I've been on plan for a little over a year.

Glad you decided to come on over here with the rest of us!

amandie
02-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Twizzler- I've been on momentum for 2 weeks now- so far so good! I don't use e-tools or go to ww meetings. I track my points by writing it down on paper (pdf template I printed out from laaloosh.com) for accountability rather than just keeping track in my head. To find out the point value of whatever food I have, I use free WW points calculators online. For support with fellow WWers, I come here on 3FC since it is just me and my mom doing WW. Congrats on your 19lb loss, btw!!

PageLynn
02-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I use an old momentum 3 month journal and I also have an app on my phone that allows me to track using the old program (or the new if I wanted but i dont lol). I really wonder how many people are having the same problem as us with the losing and gaining back the same couple pounds?

KimberlyP
02-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Where can I find an app for Momentum? It would be so much more convenient, especially when I'm not home to calculate points!

PageLynn
02-05-2011, 10:04 PM
I have an android phone (G2 for tmobile). The designer made it for all android phones though. It's called WW diary. http://www.canofsleep.com/wwdiary

twizzlergirl
02-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone & the congrats, amandie! Looking forward to the next 19 lbs gone and to seeing everyone here reach their goals :dancer:

My week has not been good points wise since I've been frustrated with my decision and stuffing my face, so I'm expecting a gain by Monday (my WI day).

But, who knows, now that I'm back on track and feeling happy again, maybe I can squeeze a 0.something loss next week ?

Thought I'd had all my points today, but was happy to see that I can't do simple math and still have 2 points left !

Gonna go eat something :dizzy:

coffeebean267
02-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Where can I find an app for Momentum? It would be so much more convenient, especially when I'm not home to calculate points!

I use iWatchr for my iPod touch. You can use the calculator for either the old or new plan. I use it to track my points and my weight as well! There isn't a food log, but you can make your own by adding your favorite foods to the "Favorites" list.

barbiegal7
02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone!

Well, after a couple of years, I'm back on WW. I lost 40 lbs about six years ago, and I have gained back about 20 since moving to California four years ago. I need to get back on the wagon!! Plus hitting the big 4-0 means all my fat is starting to transfer to the mid section (EWW!)

I was SO RELIEVED to see this Momentum thread. I did days of online research about Points Plus, and I couldn't believe how many people hated it. Even after all this time, I still know how to figure out points the way it "used to be," and considering I have over 40 lbs to lose, the last thing I want to do is learn a new program, especially one that doesn't seem to be holding as much success as Momentum.

I'm lucky in that I love all vegetables (well, I love all food in general, which is why I"m here - LOL!), so the plan is usually easy for me. My nightly glass of wine is where I always have issues, but I just save points for it and it usually goes okay.

Anyway, I think my attempt to return to WW a couple of years ago failed because I didn't try to have any support through a group like this. I'm hoping coming here for some support and accountability will help me really get going this time! I also have a good friend who I'm hiking with twice a week, so that should help.

Nice to meet everyone and here's to weight loss in 2011!

Rene'

twizzlergirl
02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Today is my WI day but I did not go to my meeting. I weighed at home and have gained 1 lb after a bad week last week. But,chin up and smile on, since I only changed back to Momentum on Saturday, I know next week will be a good WI.

I have done my workout:tread: and I am looking forward to a OP week ahead.

Have a good day everyone :)

amandie
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Hello Rene'! I absolutely love hiking and am looking forward to do that once it gets a little warmer. :)

Twizzler- good for you for being positive on your WI today! It's not easy to do but it is best to pick yourself up and move on.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in and I'm a little anxious about it because I did not do so good yesterday and I figure I went over about 10 points (with remaining 25 WPA and 29 daily points) so I am trying not to beat myself up too much about it. :halfempty On a positive note, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer just now and am gonna do Wii Active- custom for about 30 minutes.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/waB7mlO/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waB7mlO/)

PageLynn
02-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I have a quick question for y'all: Do you eat both the AP and some WP? I know previously I ate half my WP but I wasn't working out like I am now. I was barely exercising then if ever. I am now exercising everyday. I am not noticing consistent weight loss (weight fluctuation, but could be due to menstrual issues=2weeksofbleedingyuck!).

amandie
02-07-2011, 07:35 PM
PageLynn- Well, tomorrow will be 2 weeks of Flex for me. Last week was a 1.6lb loss with staying at my 29 daily and I used all of my WPA (35) along with 30 minutes of elliptical training 5x a week but kinda weird because the week before last I was just calorie counting (1700-1900 calories) and I lost 1.6lbs as well. I guess I haven't been on it long enough to really say, you know?

ETA: Sorry, forgot to say I do not eat my AP but I think I will start eating my APs the same day I earn them rather than use my WPA.

KimberlyP
02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I have a quick question for y'all: Do you eat both the AP and some WP? I know previously I ate half my WP but I wasn't working out like I am now. I was barely exercising then if ever. I am now exercising everyday. I am not noticing consistent weight loss (weight fluctuation, but could be due to menstrual issues=2weeksofbleedingyuck!).

There are some weeks I eat both, it just depends on how much I workout and how hard my workouts are. When I first started Weight Watchers I was eating both my activity points and weekly points, the scale still went down a little over 2lbs a week so eating the extra calories didn't affect me.

I am now using my weekly points sparingly but on the days I workout, no matter how many activity points I earn, I always eat an extra 4 points for that particular day. I've worked out everyday this week and instead of sticking with my daily allowance of 25, I eat 29.

Try playing around with the weekly and activity points to see what you're most comfortable with. If you see a gain you'll know you need to cut back on how many extra points you're consuming. :smug:

KimberlyP
02-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! I tracked faithfully all weekend and have done so since switching back to Momentum. Today I'm watching my carbs because I had quite a bit yesterday, I was rushing around all day so I only had time to snack on piece of fruit, popcorn, a couple Lean Cuisine meals, cereal, and a small bag of Better Made chips at the ice rink (4 Points). Definately didn't get all of my GHG's in yesterday but I tracked and worked out.

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!

jess jp
02-08-2011, 10:27 AM
I have a quick question for y'all: Do you eat both the AP and some WP? I know previously I ate half my WP but I wasn't working out like I am now. I was barely exercising then if ever. I am now exercising everyday. I am not noticing consistent weight loss (weight fluctuation, but could be due to menstrual issues=2weeksofbleedingyuck!).I never use my AP, but I have always used my WP since this week. I haven't used any. I started Oct 11th and have lost an average of about 6lbs a month, but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't eat my WP and to give you an idea on my Saturday weigh in I was 166.0 and today (tues), I weighed in at 164.2...we'll see how I am Saturday for the week. Can I just say how much i love momentum?! :)

Tea Granny
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I thought that I was using Momentum - but it is actually the one before Momentum came out called 1-2-3 Success, where carrots are 0 points. I remember now why I didn't want to change plans back then, and I sure don't want to go to PP Plus ( except that fruit is free...hmmmmm). So I'll keep popping in here...and I'll still keep counting carrots as 0 points LOL - have a good day everyone!

amandie
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone!

Weigh-in this morning- 222.4lbs so I am down .8 from last week's weigh-in- 223.2lbs. I am seriously going to up my exercise to 1 hour from 30-45 minutes and will be eating my AP that day. I don't know about WPA yet and NO drinking for the next 2 weeks to see how my weight-loss goes because I think that is a major factor in my slow weight loss. Off to do the :ebike:

TeaGranny- I lovelovelove carrots! :carrot:
Hope you all have a good day!

twizzlergirl
02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone

Amandie, congrats on the .8 down - anything down on the scale is worth :dancer: about !

I've been sticking to my points since Saturday and am feeling good! Working out with enthusiasm again, now that the 'Points Plus Cloud' has lifted - LOL!

I think it was you Jess, who mentioned you just feel more in control on Momentum. I feel the same, even though I have less points to work with, it seems easier to manage. Those 'free' fruits were causing me concern - if you add up the extra calories, they ain't free !

Happy tracking everyone :D and yes, you may say how much you love Momentum, Jess ! We ♥♥♥ Momentum !

KimberlyP
02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Congrats Amandie!! As long as the scale keeps moving downward and you feel great, that's all that counts.

amandie
02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks girls! I sure am sore after yesterday's 1 hour elliptical plus squatting a lot when I had to get all the leaves out of the pool. I'm definitely doing something else- probably Wii Active or one of my beachbody videos.

Momentum rocks! <3

KimberlyP
02-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey! Hey!

I lost 2.6lbs this week! Really glad I made the decision to switch back.

amandie
02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Way to go, Kim! :bravo:

twizzlergirl
02-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Congrats Kim ! 2.6 lbs - fantastic ! :carrot:

fillupthesky
02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
hey everyone- i hope you all dont mind if i jump in here and "visit" to ask a question. i joined ww in late august, but got more hard core about it november. i found myself losing on momentum, and i'm still losing nicely on pointsplus. i haven't necessarily been eating differently after the program switch, still eating the same things (just adjusting the old points to pointsplus), making my points target (sometimes i don't eat all of my daily points, like 2-3 leftover), and if i eat frozen veggies (like green giant with some kind of sauce, or trader joes stir fry mix) i do count the points for it, because i know its not really "free"-does that make sense? i guess i'm still accounting for calories in veggies, and when i eat bananas or more "heavy" fruit, i leave a point or two on purpose, because i know i ate it.
i guess i'm wondering where/or what you think the difference for you guys is in the plans? i'm very intrigued by this thread :)

and great progress!!!

jess jp
02-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone...
I weigh in tomorrow at home. fridays are my official weight in days. so far i've lost 2.8 this week, so I am thrilled. I usually lose a bit over a lb to maybe a lb and 1/2. I didn't use any flex pts this week. :)
fillupthesky-I am not quite sure. Honestly I like the wiggle room that momentum gives me regarding food choices. I prefer to get in my good healthy guidelines and eat really healthy, but there are times I just want a coca cola or some ramen noodles, and some cookies for dessert (this is an example...hah), without using my flex pts and that's just how it is. I also like to have a few beers on a weekend day and they DOUBLED in pts. I have to do what works for me. I like pts plus, but I just prefer momentum. I feel like the choice should be mine whether I want to reach for a banana or a 100 calorie pack. I am more likely to choose the banana , but like I said I want the choice to be mine.

jess jp
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone

Amandie, congrats on the .8 down - anything down on the scale is worth :dancer: about !

I've been sticking to my points since Saturday and am feeling good! Working out with enthusiasm again, now that the 'Points Plus Cloud' has lifted - LOL!

I think it was you Jess, who mentioned you just feel more in control on Momentum. I feel the same, even though I have less points to work with, it seems easier to manage. Those 'free' fruits were causing me concern - if you add up the extra calories, they ain't free !

Happy tracking everyone :D and yes, you may say how much you love Momentum, Jess ! We ♥♥♥ Momentum !
yep it was me who said I feel more in control and while typing a response on another thread I think I realized why.
I think it's because pts values are similar. As in...an arnold thin is low in pts like an orange is...(for example) and on points plus I felt kind of stuck. I really wanted to choose healthier food, but I was depriving myself of some of the things I love. Like, beer (I only drink 4 per week), cookies, pizza, ect And that's not what I want to do. I want to eat anything I want in moderation. I didn't feel like the choice was mine on pp and I think that's why i felt a bit out of control...on the verge of a binge at any moment (and DID binge). Maybe it's mind over matter here, but I prefer choosing whether I want this or that.

amandie
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone...
I weigh in tomorrow at home. fridays are my official weight in days. so far i've lost 2.8 this week, so I am thrilled. I usually lose a bit over a lb to maybe a lb and 1/2. I didn't use any flex pts this week. :)

awesome!! :high:

I had to weigh my dumbbells and ankle weights to see what they were and um.. I sneaked in a weigh-in... 220.2lbs! Oh man, I am hoping so badly that I weigh in at 220 or less on Tuesday- official weigh-in day. :goodscale

fillupthesky
02-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Hey everyone...
fillupthesky-I am not quite sure. Honestly I like the wiggle room that momentum gives me regarding food choices. I prefer to get in my good healthy guidelines and eat really healthy, but there are times I just want a coca cola or some ramen noodles, and some cookies for dessert (this is an example...hah), without using my flex pts and that's just how it is. I also like to have a few beers on a weekend day and they DOUBLED in pts. I have to do what works for me. I like pts plus, but I just prefer momentum. I feel like the choice should be mine whether I want to reach for a banana or a 100 calorie pack. I am more likely to choose the banana , but like I said I want the choice to be mine.

ok cool. thanks for sharing :)
i definitely make room for my indulgences- i still buy my 100 cal packs (the mr salty choc covered pretzels are my fave!) and make room for it. i still have enough daily points to do that though. i won't have that wiggleroom as i drop weight and points- i'll prolly feel differently when i only have 29 pointsplus though...lol. thanks again everyone- have a great weekend!

nancylmrn
02-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi all!
Hope you don't mind if I jump in too. I have been doing ww off and on for 3 years and just recently have come back. I do flex which I know is similar to momentum. So far I have lost 4lbs and my next weigh in is tomorrow and I actually feel like I have lost some weight this week vs the past two.
My challenge now is to control my eve snacking and find some opportunities to exercise. When does a working full time mom with and 11 and 18 year old find time to fit in exercise? I am up at 5 leave my home by 5:30 return home approx 5:30-6:00 there is dinner to fix, blah blah you know and dead and in bed by 10:00...help me :hug:

Jojo381972
02-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Good to see this thread. I have been thinking of switching back to the momentum plan as well. I lost 25 pounds on the program, and then the new points plus came into play and I just stopped tracking altogether. I found the whole thing confused me.

I liked that the momentum gave me more choices and I have just started going back to the momentum program this week. I will weigh in this Thursday and see if it makes much of a difference.

I'm exercising 4-5 times a week, and will keep that up. Sometimes I ate all my fp and other times I didn't. Wish me luck!

Great job everyone else for sticking to what works for you and seeing results.:)

KimberlyP
02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi Everyone!!

This week I lost 2.6lbs and I'm really hoping for another nice loss Wednesday morning. I've been sick along with my 3 kiddos so I haven't exercised in 2 days. I was going to head out today for a 3-5 mile walk/jog but my chest hurts so bad I don't even think I could manage to walk even 1 single mile.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

amandie
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Hello, Nancy!!! Welcome! Congrats on your 4lb loss!

Jojo- 25lbs is awesome! GL on your weigh-in this Thursday!

2.6lbs is wonderful, Kim!!!! Hope you and the kiddos get better soon. :(

Today was a rest day for me from exercise- my lower back and right side has been bothering me a little even with some generic icyhot and ibuprofen.

I am SO stuffed from tonight's dinner- I made spinach/cheese raviolis with tomato pasta sauce and (my first time making these) cauliflower "breadsticks." The "breadsticks" tasted good but was floppy and stuck to the pan like crazy even with a well oiled cookie sheet. Ah *shrugs*

amandie
02-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Whoo!!! Down to 3.2lbs- 219.2! That also means I go down to 28 points per day. Soooo happy! :dancer:

nancylmrn
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Congrats Amandie :carrot: way to go!
I have never tried the cauliflower breadsticks but think I will pass if you are having trouble. I have tried the sweet potato fries and that was great but did not get real crisp. But another good one is cauliflower mashed potato. Put the cooked veggie in food processor with just a bit of milk and give it a whirl its not bad and it is almost a freebie

KimberlyP
02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Whoo!!! Down to 3.2lbs- 219.2! That also means I go down to 28 points per day. Soooo happy! :dancer:

Congrats!!!!

KimberlyP
02-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Lost 4.6lbs this week for a total of 99.2lbs!! .8 away from 100lbs =D This is my 3rd week since switching back to Momentum and I've lost 11.2lbs.

amandie
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
:bravo: Kim! That is so wonderful!!

KimberlyP
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks!!!! I'm still surprised I lost that much, especially since I ate a little more than usual 2 days out of the week.

PageLynn
02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
I finally figured it out! I can't eat but at most 3 extra points a day. My scale is moving down! 193.4!!
Congrats Kim! So close!

KimberlyP
02-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks!!! I really need to get to the gym this week, I've been so sick that I couldn't walk a few steps without coughing =( Feeling a little better today so I was thinking about going out for a walk.

amarneu
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone I'm new to the whole message board thing but thought I could use it as a motivation factor. I used the momentum plan several years ago and found it to be great, I just started weight watchers again this week and am not liking the points plus, I know it's only been a week but I can't afford to waste time on a plan that isn't working for many people, I have a wedding dress to fit into!

Anyways just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone!

KimberlyP
02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Welcome!! So many of us are having the same issue and I think switching back to Momentum was the best thing I could have done. There's no doubt the plan works and provides awesome results! I feel more in control when I have to count my fruit, veggies, etc. calories are calories no matter where they come from.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!!

KimberlyP
02-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone's week is going well! My scale was up a bit this morning and I think it's due to the medications I'm taking. Hopefully I will show a loss and not a gain next week.

On a good note, while grocery shopping today I came across 2 things and was so excited!! Fat Free Hummus & Fat Free Feta, both of these were a little pricey but well worth it. I just had 2oz Feta on my salad and it was only 1 point instead of 2 for 1oz of the regular stuff. I just sliced and baked 2 light Flatouts and am going to try the Hummus =D

*FF Hummus - 3oz/0PTS*

Have an awesome weekend!

amandie
02-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Hello and welcome, Amarneu! :) Feel free to ask anything you need help with- we're here to help ya!

Kim- saw your other thread about the gain. that sucks but I really believe you will have a loss next week! :)

I accidentally made mostly FF hummus once because I forgot to add the oil and it tasted just as good, just need a little more water to thin it out. So I've been making it like that since- mostly garlic/bell pepper hummus. I bought a ton of flatout wraps (froze the rest) 2 weeks ago since they were on sale at Walmart for $1.75 each as opposed to the $2.48.

Have a great weekend, all!!!

amandie
02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Congrats Amandie :carrot: way to go!
I have never tried the cauliflower breadsticks but think I will pass if you are having trouble. I have tried the sweet potato fries and that was great but did not get real crisp. But another good one is cauliflower mashed potato. Put the cooked veggie in food processor with just a bit of milk and give it a whirl its not bad and it is almost a freebie

Sorry, somehow I missed this. Thanks!! Sweet potato fries are good, I'm surprised they did not get crisp since I have no problem with that. Maybe it was not baked long enough or try broiling it a little bit. As for the cauliflower mashed potato- love it! I tried that when I was on SBD a couple years ago and stuck with that ever since. :)

JennyT
02-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Well day 2 back on momentum and feeling so much happier. I didn't realize that I had got in a funk by switching to the new plan. I spent a few months on momentum and was really into the swing of things, had my fav go to snacks and foods and had fun finding new and exciting things to try, then I switched plans and it totally threw me off for some reason. Everything felt forced after that, I still stuck with it but it didn't feel easy or 'fun' anymore. I went grocery shopping after work and loaded up on some of my past favs when starting ww and my spark was back! Lets hope the scale shows some results this week :)

jess jp
02-19-2011, 12:53 PM
hey guys, just checking in. i've been in a bit of a funk and gained back a lb of the 3 i lost last week, but that's okay...back at it going strong. i want to say i am shocked that so many of you are coming back to momentum, but I guess I'm really not. I just love momentum, i know it definitely works great for me vs pts plus.

twizzlergirl
02-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey guys.

I'm still here. Just having a tough couple of weeks emotionally. Had some really sad news regarding a relative in UK, and have been struggling to stay on track.

Looking forward to a better week ahead and hopefully a smaller number on my scale - it's about time !

"Every day is a winding road" Enjoy the journey !

KimberlyP
02-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey guys.

I'm still here. Just having a tough couple of weeks emotionally. Had some really sad news regarding a relative in UK, and have been struggling to stay on track.

Looking forward to a better week ahead and hopefully a smaller number on my scale - it's about time !

"Every day is a winding road" Enjoy the journey !

So sorry to hear about your relative :hug: It's definately understandable to go off track during a time like this, just take care of yourself and family right now.

KimberlyP
02-19-2011, 06:34 PM
hey guys, just checking in. i've been in a bit of a funk and gained back a lb of the 3 i lost last week, but that's okay...back at it going strong. i want to say i am shocked that so many of you are coming back to momentum, but I guess I'm really not. I just love momentum, i know it definitely works great for me vs pts plus.

You're doing great!! Don't sweat 1lb, I know it's easier said than done but I've been there, especially this week when my home scale was up 3lbs (Double EEK!!).

I have to agree, there are quite a few of us who switched back and half of the members in my meeting have also switched too. I seriously wonder why Weight Watchers decided to come up with a new plan anyhow, especially when Momentum works without a doubt, What's that old saying, I think it' goes something like this - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Here's to a better week for everyone and staying on track!!

twizzlergirl
02-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey Kim
Thanks for your kind words. ♥

KimberlyP
02-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey Kim
Thanks for your kind words. ♥

No problem!!

JennyT
02-19-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm trying not to get too excited but my scale has been bouncing around 209-209.5 for the last 2 weeks it seems and this morning it read 206, lets hear it for momentum!!

KimberlyP
02-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm trying not to get too excited but my scale has been bouncing around 209-209.5 for the last 2 weeks it seems and this morning it read 206, lets hear it for momentum!!

Yayyyyyy!!! That's so awesome :carrot:

nancylmrn
02-19-2011, 10:51 PM
You should get excited when the scale moves! especially down...my weigh in is tomorrow. btw I do flex how much difference is there between that and momentum? ;)

amandie
02-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey, Jess! Don't fret over the 1lb! Hope you get outta the funk soon! :hug:

Twizzler- So sorry to hear about your relative. Don't worry about ww or being on track- totally understandable! Just focus on yourself and your family right now. :hug:

Jenny- Yay!!!! :dancer: that's awesome!!

Nancy- I am doing Flex as well. Honestly, not sure how much difference there is between the two. I do try to focus on healthy/filling food most of the time and I use my AP the same day- I don't bank them. I also use AP first before I go into WPA.

amandie
02-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh yes, Kim- I made the cauliflower soup with diced chicken breasts, broccoli and corn since the picture you posted in JennyT's thread looked oh so good (though I forgot the cheese on top, lol.) It was very FILLING for 4 points! I had it with 2 wheat dinner rolls so 8 points altogether.

twizzlergirl
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey, Jess! Don't fret over the 1lb! Hope you get outta the funk soon! :hug:

Twizzler- So sorry to hear about your relative. Don't worry about ww or being on track- totally understandable! Just focus on yourself and your family right now. :hug:

Jenny- Yay!!!! :dancer: that's awesome!!

Nancy- I am doing Flex as well. Honestly, not sure how much difference there is between the two. I do try to focus on healthy/filling food most of the time and I use my AP the same day- I don't bank them before I go into WPA.

Thanks, Amandie. Feeling better each day. XO Kathryn

amandie
02-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Oooh.... I stepped on the scale today out of curiousity and it said 216.6! I won't weigh myself again until Tuesday but getting oh-so close to One-derland! Definitely motivates me to keep going! :carrot:

PeanutM91
02-21-2011, 01:18 AM
I honestly sorta wanna try going back on momentum but honestly dunno what my daily points value would even be. I tend to lose about 2 pounds a week MAYBE if my body decides it wants to cooperate that week..but its been like really slow as of late. I dunno. I wanna be sort of close to goal by June and I still have around 29 pounds to lose.

amandie
02-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Hi, Peanut- Congratulations on your loss so far! Do you think you could be slowing down since you're getting closer to your GW? To get your daily points, type in a search engine- "how to calculate daily points weight watchers", click on the first link by ehow.com then figure it out using your stats. Hope this plan works for you as well as it has been for me! :) GL.

twizzlergirl
02-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi Everyone

Back on track, emotions under control, and feeling good. WI yesterday, 0.8lbs down, and I even had TOM sharing the scales with me, which means next week's gonna be goooood!

Amandie, One-derland is calling your name! Not long now:dancer:

Have a wonderful week everyone :) Happy tracking !

♥Kathryn

amandie
02-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Good am, all!

Kathryn- Woot!!! Glad you're feeling good!

WI today- 216.4, soooo happy! :broc:

Have a great week, everyone!

catgreg
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
After 3 VERY disappointing weeks on PointsPlus, my husband and I officially switched back to Momentum as well. As the others have said, I lost a few lbs and gained them back the next week and gained yet another the third week. I do think it seems like a great plan for maintenance but I am just not losing and I know Momentum works! So, here we go again!

stayingonpoint
02-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi All! I am sooo excited to have found this thread :carrot: I hope you don't mind my joining in!

I re-joined WW this month after a 6 month break during our move out of state. I was really excited to try the new Points Plus program, it's always exciting to do something new and I needed a change. Unfortunately, like everyone else on here, I HATED it :(

I know that WW is a diet, I get that, but on the Momentum plan I never felt like I was dieting. It was like I was learning how to portion control, trade offs (cake or dinner but not both, you get the idea ;)), and it was easy to fit into my lifestyle with DH and a toddler to feed. I really felt like PP was a "diet", it was restrictive, rewarded you for "good behavior" and punished you for "bad". I am sorry, but there are days when I would like dessert and I should be able to not feel guilty about it. Plus, I seemed to go through my points sooo much faster, and I was eating quite healthy.

Oh well, on to better things and getting back on track with Momentum! I really look forward to supporting all of us during our journey and can't wait to come here for tips, advice, and encouragement. Thank you so much for creating this thread!

Kristin

Edit: One last little rant, it really irritated me that when the new plan rolled out WW acted as though the old plan was worthless. How could the plan all of a sudden not work anymore??

KimberlyP
02-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Good am, all!

Kathryn- Woot!!! Glad you're feeling good!

WI today- 216.4, soooo happy! :broc:

Have a great week, everyone!

Congrats :carrot: That so awesome!!!

KimberlyP
02-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Skipped my weigh in this morning, it's that TOM so I'm going to go later in the week (Friday or Saturday) and am hoping I finally reached the 100lb mark.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!!

JennyT
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Alright, first week on momentum, weigh in tonight after work...think skinny thoughts lol

PeanutM91
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Switching back today. I've had two gains in 2 weeks and I wanna try going back to momentum and seeing if it makes a difference. If it doesnt, I have no idea whats going on. Still eat the same, diet hasnt changed, activity somewhat has but that's never showed a problem before.

exquisitern
02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi all! Back to Weight Watchers after a 2 month break and gained 4.6 lbs back from what I had lost initially. That's ok, I'm back. Thing is I don't want to do the points plus, so I was glad to see some folks still doing momentum. I still have all of my material from before. I tried the new points plus when they initially changed over, but I like the momentum and was losing pretty good on it.
Well, I got in a 25 minute walk and have been OP for today.
Everyone have a great day and here's some skinny vibes to you.

Donna

JennyT
02-23-2011, 11:38 PM
woohoo down 1.6 today after my first week switched back. Last week was a .4 gain and the week before .6 loss and .4 loss. SO much happier on momentum :) I don't feel so restricted and am enjoying ww again :)

TexNurse
02-24-2011, 10:19 AM
OK, this is what I'm going to try and do. I am going to combine the 2 programs. I do like that they changed the points values to reflect new updated research but I think they should have left our available points alone. By raising our user points, to me, just defeated the purpose of making some things higher or lower points! So, what I'm going to do is go by the number of allowed points for me that I had on Momentum but use the points values for Points Plus. Does that make sense? So, just say, if popcorn used to be 3 pts and now its 5, then this plan will still encourage me to eat healthier than I was, but won't force me to eat 51 pts!! I mean to me that was just idiotic to think that I would lose weight on that many points or had enough time in the day to cram in that many healthy points!! I know I will feel better on less points but I like the new points values, plus when they update all the new products won't have to refigure. Does this make any sense? I'll let you know if it works.

KimberlyP
02-24-2011, 04:01 PM
@TexNurse-There are so many things wrong with the new plan, I'm really hoping Weight Watchers realized this sooner or later and does some tweaking. I'd really like to go back to the new plan but will not do so until some changes are made so it looks like I'm going to be on Momentum for a while.

I think you have a great idea and if what you're doing works let me know! I think you're going to see some awesome results =D

KimberlyP
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
woohoo down 1.6 today after my first week switched back. Last week was a .4 gain and the week before .6 loss and .4 loss. SO much happier on momentum :) I don't feel so restricted and am enjoying ww again :)

Congrats!!!! That's absolutely awesome :carrot: Those numbers looked exactly like my weigh ins for the two months I was on P+, it became very frustrating!

KimberlyP
02-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Super frustrated this morning.. Last week I was down to 168 and THEN I decided to go to a mexican restaurant Wednesday. I went off track and ordered the chicken nachos and the serving was HUGE. I'm embarrassed to even say this but I almost the entire plate and felt sick after. It was easy getting back on track the next day and I worked out but my home scale says I'm up. It's that TOM too but I'm almost done so I shouldn't be retaining that much water right now.. I skipped my weigh in this week, maybe I should go today to keep myself accountable.

catgreg
02-25-2011, 09:14 PM
So, since I've been back on Momentum this week, I have also been power walking each day for 45 minutes. I have been ravenous! I guess I should be eating my activity points. I am nervous b/c with PP I lost nada and I'm trying to be conservative.....guess I should listen to my body and eat~!

Momacelli
02-27-2011, 09:04 PM
SO HAPPY I found this forum! Like many of you, I put forth a good effort on the new PP program and was not successful. I've read some of your posts, "not trying hard enough", "not eating the RIGHT foods" and it was not for me. Too many guilt feelings. I loved the momentum/flex programs. They worked for me and I was happy :) I was googling like crazy, hoping to find a forum of others like me, I knew i couldn't be the only one! It feels good to know am not alone. I look forward to your posts and suggestions:carrot:

Momacelli
02-27-2011, 11:49 PM
I use iWatchr for my iPod touch. You can use the calculator for either the old or new plan. I use it to track my points and my weight as well! There isn't a food log, but you can make your own by adding your favorite foods to the "Favorites" list.

Thank you so much for your post on this. I downloaded this app for my iphone and it's great. The thought of having to write everything down again for tracking was overwhelming as I was spoiled by e-tools.:carrot:

stayingonpoint
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Happy Monday All! I struggled to stay OP this weekend, just a lot going on and still trying to find my Momentum ;)

I was wondering what site is everyone using to convert recipes into original Points? Or are you just calculating the Points for each ingredient and using the sum of those? I am a WW online member, but the recipe builder is for PP and I would like to know of a reliable site to get either Points or nutritional information to convert to Points. Any ideas are appreciated!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Here's to a great week! Hoping to see the scale go down for all of us this week :carrot:

K1234
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

So I used to do the Momentum/Flex plan as well and had great success, then switched to the Points Plus plan and I have been getting very frustrated with the lack of weight loss. Soooo, I have also decided to switch back to the Momentum plan.

Question though: Its been awhile since I was on Momentum, so can somebody tell me how many weekly points you get on Momentum plan? Also, I think my daily points range is going to be different, so does anyone remember how to calculate those? Any help would be much appreciated! Or if there is another thread that explains all this that someone could point me to, that would be great!

Hopefully I have some success moving back to the Momentum plan

Thanks!! :)

exquisitern
02-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I lost 2.4 lbs in the last week. Walking 30 minutes at work everyday.
Hope everyone is doing well. If not, this is a new day and a new week. Good luck to all you losers!

twizzlergirl
02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi there K1234
If you Google - 'work out weight watchers points' - the first item by eHow explains how to work out personal points. Weekly points are 35 . I also found a free calculator at calculatorcat.com Good luck !

WI today and another 2lbs down - YAY! So glad to be a loser once again. Thank you Momentum :) Have a great week everyone :)

KimberlyP
03-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone!

Haven't been here in a few days, had a pretty rough weekend. Tomorrow is the start of a new week for me so hopefully I can get back on track. Sunday night I had the worst anxiety attack I've ever had in my life and I knew something was wrong so the next day I made an appointment with my doctor. She put me on Zoloft and Ativan which I'm hoping helps, my only worry was gaining weight. I'm going to work on getting healthy mentally but still stay on track, track daily and exercise.

Since taking my first dose of Zoloft I have no appetite and feel a little nauseated. I hope this feeling goes away soon because I feel terrible. I'm heading out to jog/walk a few miles, the sun is out and I could use the fresh air.

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!

Momacelli
03-01-2011, 11:58 AM
¡Hola, everyone! Glad to see more people are doing the same things I am with regards to Momentum. I must say, I miss the online calculators and points tracking on WW, but I will get over it. I'm curious to know what methods you are using for tracking. Are you writing it down or using apps? Thanks, and I wish ALL a great week! :dancer: I "reset" on Saturdays.

Momacelli
03-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi Kimberly, hang in there girl. I find that exercising and fresh air works wonders for my head. Sometimes I have to force myself, but when I'm done with my workout, It helps my mood incredibly. I myself experience occasional bouts of mild depression and take medication as needed, but not on a daily basis. Take care of yourself:hug:

exquisitern
03-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Kimberly:
Hope you get to feeling better. I have a long history of depression and yes, those anti-depressants can make you eat more. But I have to say that when I feel good, I eat better and exercise. Keep your mindset to be healthy and you will achieve your goal. Congratulations on all the weight that you have lost! That is totally awesome!:carrot:
Remember if the Zoloft doesn't work, there are so many more out there that you can try. I take Celexa and it has worked great for me for many years, but everyone is different. Remember it can take several weeks before the medication builds up and you feel back at your best, though you should start feeling better and sleeping better, if not get back to your doctor. They can't read your mind, so you have to be open and honest with them. Just saying.
Take care and my prayers are with you.

Donna

amandie
03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Hello, everyone including the newcomers! :)

I am pleased to say I made my 5% mark weighing in at 214lbs this am! :carrot: I hope you all have great success with momentum like I am! :)

Kim- I saw your other thread about the zoloft- I'm so sorry about your friend and the 5 year old son. I really hope you get back to "normal" with your medications and everything. :hug:

KimberlyP
03-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys, it's definately been a difficult week/weekend but I'll be ok. Just picked up the rest of my meds and I'm a little hesitant to take the Ativan. I took it before but I don't want to get into the habit of taking it in order to sleep at night.

Heading out for a short run tonight, hoping it helps a little..

JennyT
03-02-2011, 12:27 AM
The trick with ativan is take it at your regular bedtime. I was prescribed it once because I would wake up at night with my mind racing and I was unable to fall back asleep (going through a very stressful time in my life) and I made the mistake of taking it in the middle of night when that happened, say 0130 to help fall asleep. NOOOOO! I could barely function in the morning and felt so sluggish and hung over. You have to 'predict' those nights you need it and take it at your regular bedtime. Good luck to you Kim! ~this too shall pass~

PeanutM91
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
After switching back to momentum a week ago, I am pleased to announce that as of my weigh in this morning I've lost 3.6 pounds. Back on track! Just 26 more pounds til goal.

KimberlyP
03-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Hello, everyone including the newcomers! :)

I am pleased to say I made my 5% mark weighing in at 214lbs this am! :carrot: I hope you all have great success with momentum like I am! :)

Kim- I saw your other thread about the zoloft- I'm so sorry about your friend and the 5 year old son. I really hope you get back to "normal" with your medications and everything. :hug:

Congrats!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thankfully I'm starting to feel better even after only taking 2 doses of Zoloft. I know I'm going to have to take medication for a while and I'm ok with that. Feeling normal again, thank God!

KimberlyP
03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
After switching back to momentum a week ago, I am pleased to announce that as of my weigh in this morning I've lost 3.6 pounds. Back on track! Just 26 more pounds til goal.

Congrats!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

See I knew you could do it! Momentum really is an awesome plan :smug:

KimberlyP
03-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thankfully I'm feeling a LOT better and back on track! I am pleased to announce I have lost exactly 100lbs!! I wasn't even going to weigh in this week because the past 2 weeks have been terrible but I sucked it up and went. Glad I did, now I can relax and not stress so much about trying to reach the 100lb mark. Time to get to goal!

stayingonpoint
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Hey All!

Kim: Congratulations on 100 lb weight loss!! That is AMAZING :cp: You are truly an inspiration!

I, on the other hand, had WI today and gained .4lbs. I am tracking and staying OP, but just can't seem to get my mind in the game right now. Not sure what is going on, but I seem to be lacking the motivation to stay focused. Will work on measuring EVERYTHING this week and see if that helps. Also need to buckle down and exercise :o

Glad to see everyone else is doing great! Keep up the hard work!!

JennyT
03-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Kim you truly are a ROCKSTAR!! Well I was hoping for any loss and I was down 0.8 at my weigh in tonight, 9.6 lbs to go to ONEDERLAND!!

amandie
03-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Jenny- good going!! I still have 14lbs to go before I hit One-derland!

StayinOnPoint- That sucks! Exercise really does help! It actually took me about a month to start exercising routinely. Maybe start small, 2-3x a week then build up after that? You can do it- Beat that .4lb and more! :carrot:

:bravo: Twizzlergirl, Peanut, Exquistern on your recent wt loss!

Momacelli
03-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Everyone!

Thankfully I'm feeling a LOT better and back on track! I am pleased to announce I have lost exactly 100lbs!! I wasn't even going to weigh in this week because the past 2 weeks have been terrible but I sucked it up and went. Glad I did, now I can relax and not stress so much about trying to reach the 100lb mark. Time to get to goal!

Congratulations! I hope I can have the same success as you. I weigh in on Saturday, wish me luck :) This is my first week back on momentum after switching from PP. I am also glad that you are feeling better....been there and revisit once in a great while, so I know where you are coming from :love:

amandie
03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
GL, Momacelli! Hope you have better success on Momentum than PP. ;)

KimberlyP
03-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Kim you truly are a ROCKSTAR!! Well I was hoping for any loss and I was down 0.8 at my weigh in tonight, 9.6 lbs to go to ONEDERLAND!!

I do what I can! LOL! I was also -0.8 Wednesday :carrot: Time to partayyyy once you get to ONEDERLAND!!

KimberlyP
03-04-2011, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=stayingonpoint;3738886]Hey All!

Kim: Congratulations on 100 lb weight loss!! That is AMAZING :cp: You are truly an inspiration!

QUOTE]

Thankyou!!! :hug:

KimberlyP
03-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Congratulations! I hope I can have the same success as you. I weigh in on Saturday, wish me luck :) This is my first week back on momentum after switching from PP. I am also glad that you are feeling better....been there and revisit once in a great while, so I know where you are coming from :love:

Thankyou :hug:

You're going to do great on Momentum, it really works!

Unfortunately I had another horrible anxiety attack yesterday so I was forced to take half of an Ativan. It was so bad I was shaking trying to break the pill in half and it ended up completely crushed. Then while trying to get another one out of the bottle I spilled a bunch. Not a fun day, wish this would go away because it's starting to ruin my life..

KimberlyP
03-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone!!!

Yesterday I had another horrible anxiety attack and I felt out of sorts all day. In the evening I decided to go for a jog and actually did over 3 miles, I've never been able to run that far. I think I pushed myself harder because of what I went through yesterday morning. This morning I woke up at 5am and went for a short jog and did a little over 2 miles. I wanted to be back in time before my husband left for work and my kiddos got up. I'm finding that running is helping my anxiety attacks, especially doing it early in the morning then again at night.

I've been having a hard time getting all my daily points in since starting Zoloft but my appetite is slowly returning back to normal. It was hard for me to even eat half of a Lean Cuisine! Hoping I start feeling better soon because I feel like these attacks are taking over my life. The only thing I can control at this point is what I eat and how much I exercise.

Sorry this post was long, really needed to vent a little.. Hope everyone had an awesome week and weekend!

amandie
03-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Kim- thinking of you today and sending you :hug: I hope you get to feeling better soon as well!

I saw 212.2 this am! Getting closer and closer to 199! :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

JennyT
03-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Kim hang in there, running sounds like a great way to work through some of your thoughts.

Well I saw 203.5 on the scale this morning!!!!!!! SO CLOSE to the 100's :)

Have a great day everyone!

Momacelli
03-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi all, WI today, I lost .4 lbs. Wish it were a little more, but considering I've had to start from scratch and had a "mini"binge the day before WI, I'll take it. Also been frustrated with learning how to track all over again on the iwatchr app and calculating points from scratch. Very time consuming, but will be worth it once I'm back in the groove. It is the only way I can do this weight loss thing. Sucks that WW online tracker is totally useless to me now.

Momacelli
03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

Yesterday I had another horrible anxiety attack and I felt out of sorts all day. In the evening I decided to go for a jog and actually did over 3 miles, I've never been able to run that far. I think I pushed myself harder because of what I went through yesterday morning. This morning I woke up at 5am and went for a short jog and did a little over 2 miles. I wanted to be back in time before my husband left for work and my kiddos got up. I'm finding that running is helping my anxiety attacks, especially doing it early in the morning then again at night.

I've been having a hard time getting all my daily points in since starting Zoloft but my appetite is slowly returning back to normal. It was hard for me to even eat half of a Lean Cuisine! Hoping I start feeling better soon because I feel like these attacks are taking over my life. The only thing I can control at this point is what I eat and how much I exercise.

Sorry this post was long, really needed to vent a little.. Hope everyone had an awesome week and weekend!

Hey Kimmy, I found that when I started taking my medication, way back when, it took a month for my body to adjust and have the full, positive effect. So hang in there. Everybody is different. I think that if you are still not getting the desired effect after a month/ month and half, you might want to tell your Dr. and perhaps he/she can prescribe something else. :getwell:

Momacelli
03-06-2011, 11:08 AM
GL, Momacelli! Hope you have better success on Momentum than PP. ;)

Thank you, Amandie :) One of the reasons why I participate in this forum is to learn new things that will aid me in my weight loss goal. As an added bonus, I found that I have been inspired by the others who are part of this group, and your words of encouragement are icing on the cake! I no longer go to the "meetings" which were a big source of encouragement, and will probably ditch my online subscription to ww as well, so this forum is all I have for now. Glad I found it.:carrot:

TexNurse
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Woo Hoo! Lost 7 lbs this week and I am so excited!!! Now I've lost a total of 25 lbs and I need to do that at least 6 to 7 more times, but that's ok, its going down!!! :carrot:

amandie
03-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Momacelli- Why are you calculating the points from scratch? I totally suck at math so I use this (free) online calculator I found to figure out points. Hang in there, .4lb loss is better than .4lb gain right? ;)

TexNurse- Nice job- way to go!! :carrot:

amandie
03-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I am exhausted with a capital E... My mom and I took about 1 hour and half (LOL) doing a 20 minute DVD workout with balance balls, resistance bands and weights. We wanted something different from our M/W/F resistance band workout, keep the body guessing or whatever ya know? We were laughing a lot because we looked so funny trying to keep our balance and all wobbly too, haha.

Hope you all had a good (and OP) weekend! If not, no worries- just start anew and get back on track! :hug:

Oh yea, tomorrow is WI day.... Hoping to see 212 or less. :goodscale

PeanutM91
03-07-2011, 10:39 PM
extremely nervous for my weigh in later this week. I usually go wednesday mornings but I've decided to go friday morning this week and try to get some workouts in. I've been indulging a little. I had my birthday get together (more of a house party lol) this past saturday and it's my actual birthday tomorrow so that means junk lol. I'm trying not to pick at the left over cake and the pizza in the fridge. So difficult though. Bleh. Hope all is well Friday but if not, I know why.

Momacelli
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Momacelli- Why are you calculating the points from scratch? I totally suck at math so I use this (free) online calculator I found to figure out points. Hang in there, .4lb loss is better than .4lb gain right? ;)

TexNurse- Nice job- way to go!! :carrot:

I know I have an app for that on my phone, but still have to do it all over again because you can't do momentum plan calculations on WW online anymore and all the foods that I had saved are gone or recalculated to the PP. Actually, I shouldn't complain, I'm lucky we have the technology to still calculate the old points. You're right, doing it by hand would be insane! BTW Amandie and TexNurse, thx:) for your encouragement. Also Amandie, I like the idea of "fooling"your body with those extra workouts and bonding with your momma at the same time!:D

Momacelli
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Woo Hoo! Lost 7 lbs this week and I am so excited!!! Now I've lost a total of 25 lbs and I need to do that at least 6 to 7 more times, but that's ok, its going down!!! :carrot:

7 pounds is AWESOME, good for you TexNurse! I'll take that 7 pound loss, lol! Wouldn't worry bout doing it 6 or 7 more times, just enjoy your success, 25lbs so far is wonderful:D

amandie
03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Peanut- Water, water and water! Think positive and hope you have a good WI this Fri. ;)

Moma- Gotcha. Yea, my mom is really a big source of encouragement for me as well as this site. :)

Woot! 212.2 this am! :carrot: that's 14lbs so far! I just gotta do this about 4 more times to get into "overweight" category according to BMI standards.

KimberlyP
03-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Everyone!!

This week I lost 2lbs for a total of exactly 102lbs lost! I honestly didn't think I was going to have a loss this week because I overate a little but all the running I did paid off.

The depression and anxiety I've been experiencing is getting a LOT better thankfully. I really thought I was going crazy but the Zoloft is starting to help.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!

JennyT
03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Good job! I was down 2.4 at my weigh in tonight :) One of the leaders said that people like me are the reason she keeps doing her job, that made me feel all warm and fuzzy lol

KimberlyP
03-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Congrats Jenny, 2.4 is AWESOME!!!

Unfortunately my home scale is UP 5lbs - EEK! Yesterday I decided to have a 'Free Day' which was probably a bad idea but I did it anyhow. My daughter and I went to the movies because it was her birthday and I brought a bag of Chocolate Chex Mix from home but we ended up getting popcorn. I sat there eating both, THEN after the movie I decided to grab 2 $5 pizzas from Little Ceasars. I ate 3 pieces and I know the sodium in both the pizza and popcorn is most likely due to the gain.

When I first began Weight Watchers I would give myself free days because I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to stick to the plan. I had no problem with losing every week but now that I'm closer to goal it's getting harder. I'm thinking I should stop having these days where I completely go off track and just allow myself a special treat once a week of maybe ice cream or even a burger while counting the points.

I did end up taking a Diuretic this morning because I feel so bloated and could barely get my ring on my finger! I've never taken one so I'm hoping I don't spend the day in the bathroom!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Momacelli
03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Momacelli;3755392][QUOTE=KimberlyP;3753528]Hi Everyone!!

Unfortunately my home scale is UP 5lbs - EEK! Yesterday I decided to have a 'Free Day' which was probably a bad idea but I did it anyhow. My daughter and I went to the movies because it was her birthday and I brought a bag of Chocolate Chex Mix from home but we ended up getting popcorn. I sat there eating both, THEN after the movie I decided to grab 2 $5 pizzas from Little Ceasars. I ate 3 pieces and I know the sodium in both the pizza and popcorn is most likely due to the gain.

When I first began Weight Watchers I would give myself free days because I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to stick to the plan. I had no problem with losing every week but now that I'm closer to goal it's getting harder. I'm thinking I should stop having these days where I completely go off track and just allow myself a special treat once a week of maybe ice cream or even a burger while counting the points.

********Oh Kim, you are awesome! Your post couldn't have come at a better time for me. I have been ''slipping" as I call it and gotten off track completely. Today is my weigh in but I haven't done it yet because I'm afraid of what i might see. One of the most important things I learned in WW is that even if you "slip" to get right back on it. In the past, I would've given up completely. I am proud of ALL the women on this forum for their successes thus far, but after reading how everyone was doing so well I felt like a total loser. So thanks for telling it like it is and here's to this upcoming week being much better for the both of us and for all the ladies to have continued success!:carrot:

amandie
03-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Oh, Momacelli! Don't feel like a loser just because we say we're on track but I do understand what you mean, though. I don't always post my bad days or off track/point days but I DO have them. Last week- I overate 3 times in a row around 7-8 points over each night (darn these mini reeses and almond joy pieces!) I'm already all out of my WP and my resets aren't until Tuesdays for me.

You, too, can do it! Just get back on track, hon! :hug::hug: Have a great weekend, all!

KimberlyP
03-14-2011, 06:45 AM
@Momacelli-We ALL have bad days and I'm sure many of us feel like losers every now and again but you can't beat yourself up. I know I have also felt like I've been slipping too, especially this week because I went overboard AGAIN! 2 nights ago I decided to go into my kitchen and eat everything in site; MORE Chocolate Chex Mix, a few Girl Scout Cookies, my daughters ribs which were leftover from Texas Roadhouse, and some shredded cheese.

The most important thing we can do it get right back on track and regain our focus on what's truly important. Of course we're going to have 'Bad' days where we want to eat any and everything but as long as it doesn't become a daily habit, it's ok.. Before starting Weight Watchers, I was a severe binge eater and would eat until I was in so much pain I couldn't even walk. I've come so far that if I have 1 binge during the course of a week then that's not a big deal because I get right back on track the next day.

Don't beat yourself up, keep pushing on!! *Hugs*

KimberlyP
03-14-2011, 06:47 AM
So I was thinking that maybe we should start a thread for journaling. What does everyone think? I know for me it keeps me accountable, especially if I put it out there for everyone to see.

KimberlyP
03-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Where is everyone!!!!

amandie
03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Kim- Good am, I'm here, I'm here!! ;) As for the new thread for journaling- Sure, why not! I think I need that too- overate/drank last week but this morning's weigh-in surprised me to find that I still lost 2lbs in spite of all that! :dance: Btw, LOVE your avatar- you're hot! hehe

Momacelli
03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey, I'm still here! Thank you ladies (Amandie and Kim) for your words of encouragement. You know, I've never done one of these online forums before, didn't know what to expect but your contributions are priceless! Not missing the meetings as much. I think the new thread for journaling is a great idea, but we can also keep this one, right? Also any suggestions for making the journaling easier for me to post are welcome. I am not super tech saavy, though i want to be! Still haven't weighed in, but will post good or bad, cuz that's what this is about! ¡Gracias, chicas! Thanks, girls! :D

twizzlergirl
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi Guys!
I'm still here too. Have also been de-railed lately and can't seem to find my 'Mojo' to stay on track. Start out good in the morning and then as the day progresses, I can't keep my hand out of the cookie jar, or this week, can't stay away from anything cheese flavoured!
I won't beat myself up too much, I did get a nasty cold two weeks ago and haven't felt like working out for a while now. I definitely need those endorphins to keep my mojo running!
Have a good week everyone.:hug:

KimberlyP
03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Kim- Good am, I'm here, I'm here!! ;) As for the new thread for journaling- Sure, why not! I think I need that too- overate/drank last week but this morning's weigh-in surprised me to find that I still lost 2lbs in spite of all that! :dance: Btw, LOVE your avatar- you're hot! hehe

Why thankyou :hug: I do or shall I say did some plus size modeling, still do a shoot every now and again.

I was going to make the thread in here, not sure what I should title it.. Or if anyone else would like to start it that's cool too!

Congrats on the 2lb loss, that's awesome! I weigh in tomorrow and despite the fact that I've busted my butt at the gym, I have a feeling there is going to be a gain. :(

Daktari
03-16-2011, 10:50 AM
OMG, you guys! You have no idea how excited I am to find a group of people who are still using Momentum. I've given PointsPlus a try for three months now and I have lost a grand total of 4 pounds on that (versus 22 pounds in the same time period on Momentum). I feel like I just entered the promised land when I found this forum. :)

KimberlyP
03-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi Everyone! Unfortunately I had a gain of 0.6 this week. It has to be water retention from the popcorn and other snacks I had at the theater. Today is the start of a new week for me so I'm going to buckle down and refocus my energy on tracking and working out everyday!

amandie
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome, Daktari- Congrats on your 26 lb loss so far!

Momacelli
03-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Well, I weighed in today and I'm not proud, but I only gained .7 :D Can't tell you how relieved I was, because I haven't been tracking and been snacking like a mad woman at night. Night time is my biggest downfall. At this point, I think i should just leave the house at night!lol Anyway, I actually feel good about this and have started fresh today. I don't know bout anyone else, but everything that's going on in the world has been getting to me. Japan, Lybia and the rest of North Africa. My heart goes out to all those people that are suffering<3. I feel guilty because I pray to have the mental fortitude and strength to continue my weight loss for my health, but really, there is a whole world of people that have much bigger problems.. I pray for them as well. Ok, sorry not part of thread, but had to share. Take care, Ladies and continued success to all :)

amandie
03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Good morning all!

Twizzlergirl- :hug: I hope you have a good week too and being sick is no fun! Just do what you can! :)

Kim- That sucks but you cannot let it beat you up! .6 must be water retention! For all you know, your body wants a break?? Idk, just a thought. :hug:

amandie
03-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I understand, Momacelli- So much going on in the world with much bigger problems than weight loss but you can only do so much for them, you know? LOL @ leaving the house at night. Idea- save up some of your points for the nighttime or have something healthy or point friendly ready for the night be it frozen grapes, jello with cool whip, 1 tbsp of crunchy hazelnut butter (like nutella) with saltine crackers, etc. I have my chocolate chip muffins (3pt) with 2 tsp crunchy hazelnut butter (2 pts) as "icing" for total of 5 points but I can go overboard with the hazelnut butter sometimes. >_< You can do itttttt!!!

Momacelli
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Welcome, Daktari! I know how you feel, I was so happy to find this forum/group! :D PP didn't work for me either. I did however lose 35lbs on Momentum. Hope to continue that pattern:carrot: Couldn't help but notice your moniker. Were you a big fan of the TV show Dakatari? lol:D

Momacelli
03-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I understand, Momacelli- So much going on in the world with much bigger problems than weight loss but you can only do so much for them, you know? LOL @ leaving the house at night. Idea- save up some of your points for the nighttime or have something healthy or point friendly ready for the night be it frozen grapes, jello with cool whip, 1 tbsp of crunchy hazelnut butter (like nutella) with saltine crackers, etc. I have my chocolate chip muffins (3pt) with 2 tsp crunchy hazelnut butter (2 pts) as "icing" for total of 5 points but I can go overboard with the hazelnut butter sometimes. >_< You can do itttttt!!! Thanks Amandie! I know, you are right. I also like your snack suggestions :)

amandie
03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
One more- I personally love baby carrots with black pepper/crushed red pepper flakes/hot sauce mixed in (LF-2%) cottage cheese as a dip. It fills me up and only 2-3 points total. Also like sliced cucumbers with balsamic vinegar and cottage cheese too...

Thought this could help you out too.... Low Point Snacks (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/90367-low-point-snacks-old-plan.html)

KimberlyP
03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
OMG, you guys! You have no idea how excited I am to find a group of people who are still using Momentum. I've given PointsPlus a try for three months now and I have lost a grand total of 4 pounds on that (versus 22 pounds in the same time period on Momentum). I feel like I just entered the promised land when I found this forum. :)

I am finding more and more people who are discouraged with Points Plus. It seems we all share the same issue, gaining and losing the same few pounds! There are a few ladies in my Wednesday morning meeting who switched back to Momentum as well and say they would much rather have fewer points and count their fruit because it gives them a sense of control.

I lost 80lbs the first 10 months on Momentum and struggled when Points Plus came out. Since switching back to Momentum a few weeks ago, I have lost a little over 11lbs. This week I had a small gain but that's due to water retention from the popcorn I had at the movie theater.

Congrats on your loss!!

KimberlyP
03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
One more- I personally love baby carrots with black pepper/crushed red pepper flakes/hot sauce mixed in (LF-2%) cottage cheese as a dip. It fills me up and only 2-3 points total. Also like sliced cucumbers with balsamic vinegar and cottage cheese too...

Thought this could help you out too.... Low Point Snacks (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/90367-low-point-snacks-old-plan.html)

That sounds absolutely awesome! I'm going to have to try it today :carrot: Always looking for new snack ideas.

Daktari
03-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! I'm so glad to be here. :carrot:
And Momacelli, that is exactly why I picked that name. I loved that show! Today was my first day back on Momentum. Everything went great. I'm really looking forward to some weight loss again!

JennyT
03-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Hey everyone! I am still around too :) just been super busy! Down another 1.2 pounds tonight at my weigh in, so close to breaking into the 100's and also getting my 50 pounds charm! It is so much easier to stay on track now without the points + system. I am still reaching for fruit/vegs for snacks but just counting them now. Also enjoying pita's and wraps for lunch at work almost every day, something that was very costly on points +. Anyways, hope everyones week gets better! Over the hump to the weekend!

amandie
03-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Way to go, Jenny! :carrot:

I really need to stop stepping on the scale everyday but this am I saw 209 (and that was before going to the bathroom, lol.) Hoping that means I might be 208 by Tuesday's weigh-in!

Have a safe Happy St. Patrick's Day, all!!

KimberlyP
03-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Yesterday started a new week for me and thankfully I'm back on track and tracking everything! I've been hitting the gym hard and burned 2100 calories Tuesday, the most I've ever burned in a single day at the gym! Of course I was there for hours but it was worth it because I felt fantastic.

Really hoping I have a loss next Wednesday, I'll take anything at this point!

Hope everyone is having an awesome week and Happy St. Patty's Day!

KimberlyP
03-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I really need to stop stepping on the scale everyday but this am I saw 209 (and that was before going to the bathroom, lol.) Hoping that means I might be 208 by Tuesday's weigh-in!

!

I do the same thing, it's become a horrible habit. I can't seem to stop!

KimberlyP
03-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Morning!

So I'm having a bit on an issue, I've been working out so much that the number on my scale refuses to budge. I don't think I'm eating enough, especially burning 1000 calories+ almost everyday. Just curious but do any of you count 1 AP for every 100 calories burned? I'd like to do it that way instead of trying to figure out my intensity, seems easier.

Momacelli
03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone! I am still around too :) just been super busy! Down another 1.2 pounds tonight at my weigh in, so close to breaking into the 100's and also getting my 50 pounds charm! It is so much easier to stay on track now without the points + system. I am still reaching for fruit/vegs for snacks but just counting them now. Also enjoying pita's and wraps for lunch at work almost every day, something that was very costly on points +. Anyways, hope everyones week gets better! Over the hump to the weekend!

First of all....congratulations to you, Jenny!:carrot: I also like that you do the sames things I do as far as the fruit, and I totally get that those wraps would have been big points on PP. I felt that when I went back to Momentum, I could breathe again! Continued success to you :) I look forward to your post when you get that 50 pound charm!

Momacelli
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I notice you guys have been posting about snacks and I want to tell u bout my favorite chocolate dessert. I take one frozen Deep Chocolate Vita Muffin (1 point), heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, and top it with 1/2 c serving of Breyer's Smooth and Dreamy Fat Free Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream (2 points) for a very delicious 3 points. Sometimes I'll only use 1/4 c of the ice cream and it comes to 2 points. Believe me,the combination is so chocalately and rich, 1/4c of the Breyer's is still satisfying.

sundancemommy
03-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I have tried every kind of diet but I am the happiest on WW flex plan. I just restarted yesterday, I have been lurking around and finally decided to join this site. I could realy use the support because after I start losing I some reason always quit. Its like my mind doesnt want me to get any smaller. LOL.

KimberlyP
03-20-2011, 08:03 PM
I have tried every kind of diet but I am the happiest on WW flex plan. I just restarted yesterday, I have been lurking around and finally decided to join this site. I could realy use the support because after I start losing I some reason always quit. Its like my mind doesnt want me to get any smaller. LOL.

:welcome:

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!!

runtolose15
03-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi Everyone! I just joined this site in hopes that a support group will help in my weight-loss efforts. I was doing WW online for awhile and then they switched to the Points Plus plan over the holidays! (What cruel, cruel people!! ;) ) Anyways, I do not like the new plan and decided to quit the site. While quiting WW online, my diet also failed... So I am back on the wagon now and plan on following the Momentum program!

I currently weigh 165 and want to lose 20 pounds to put me in at 145. I'm 5'7, too. I think 145 is a definitely an attainable goal for my height. I try and workout 4-5 days per week. My exercising habits are great because I love working out, it's the whole food thing that messes me up!

I hope to gain inspiration, motivation, and determination from all of you; And also some people to share some recipe ideas and tips on the plan! Looking forward to getting to know you all! :)

runtolose15
03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
KimberlyP - I saw your post about journeling on here and think it's a great idea! I know I'm new here, so definitely let me know if this is a bad idea, but I used to post in a RunnersWorld forum, and they set it up nicely. They call it the "dailies." So for example, if it's a Friday, the person is up early can start a thread called "TGI the Fridailies" and then you can start posting your food for the day. They also made catergories called ER: (exercise related) NER: (Non-exercise related) and FR: (food related)... The ER was there to share his/her experience working out that day, the FR was meant to share a recipe or something yummy the person ate that day, and NER was designated for whatever the poster wanted to talk about that was non-diet related.

I'm definitely game if you all wanted to try something like that!!

mmel3283
03-22-2011, 10:19 AM
So I'm officially back on Momentum, Day 2. I feel so much better already. Like I have control back. Points Plus...I felt like I was eating too much, and it was easy to eat the wrong things...I made better choices on Momentum...which kind of kills their goal of making better choices with Points Plus. I may switch back when I'm in maintenance or closer to goal...but right now...this is definitely what I need to do.

KimberlyP
03-22-2011, 11:23 AM
KimberlyP - I saw your post about journeling on here and think it's a great idea! I know I'm new here, so definitely let me know if this is a bad idea, but I used to post in a RunnersWorld forum, and they set it up nicely. They call it the "dailies." So for example, if it's a Friday, the person is up early can start a thread called "TGI the Fridailies" and then you can start posting your food for the day. They also made catergories called ER: (exercise related) NER: (Non-exercise related) and FR: (food related)... The ER was there to share his/her experience working out that day, the FR was meant to share a recipe or something yummy the person ate that day, and NER was designated for whatever the poster wanted to talk about that was non-diet related.

I'm definitely game if you all wanted to try something like that!!

That sounds like an awesome idea!

KimberlyP
03-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Everyone!

I weighed in today and am down 1.8 for a total of 103.2! I was hoping all the running I've been doing since last Tuesday would pay off and thankfully it did.

amandie
03-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Welcome, RunToLose!

Today was a 1.4lb loss. At first I was disappointed but realized that is REAL good because I drank a LOT - Monday (14th), Thursday- St. Patrick's day (17th) with friends and a lot of irish car bombs, some the day after as well (18th) AND 19th finally killing all the leftover beer. I only didn't keep track on St. Paddy's day. Gosh, after reading all this, I think my liver needs a break, lol.

NSV- my 18W vest used to be really tight and I could only wear it standing up because sitting down made it obvious that it was REALLY tight. I do need to fix the buttons since they've been stretched out but I CAN sit down with no problems! Soooo happy!!! :carrot:

WTG, Kim. I'd be mad if nothing budged on the scale after all that HARD work!!!!!

Mel- Good for you doing what you want because ONLY you know what works best for you! ;)

KimberlyP
03-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Today was a 1.4lb loss.

WTG, Kim. I'd be mad if nothing budged on the scale after all that HARD work!!!!!

Congrats!! 1.4 is AWESOME :carrot:

KimberlyP
03-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

Not sure if any of you have a Kroger where you live but they have a low carb yogurt which is their brand and it's 1 point! This stuff is absolutely awesome, I think I like the texture the most. Strawberry Colada is by far the best and Carrot Cake is my second favorite =D

runtolose15
03-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Kimberly - WTG!! Yay! 103lb loss is amazing! What an inspiration! ~ I don't have a Kroger near me... it's funny though because I just visited my sister in Texas and we went to Kroger. That yogurt sounds good though. I've been big into the Greek yogurt lately because of the protein content.

Amandie - I know what you mean about the drinking... ugh... I feel like a bloated balloon! lol Definitely need to detox.

So today was going great... Had a great breakfast, lunch, and snack... stuck to my points all day... There was definitely temptation at work but I resisted. BUT my husband comes home and sugests going out for dinner... Well I didn't feel like cooking so sure enough, we go out to Mexican! UGH! Why do I do this to myself? I don't even want to try to calculate the amount of calories I probably ate. Tomorrow I am serious about commiting to the program. I have an hour to an hour and a half workout planned for tomorrow, plus a great dinner, so no excuses!! I just hate weak moments.... I feel like such a failure when that happens.

KimberlyP
03-23-2011, 07:02 AM
So today was going great... Had a great breakfast, lunch, and snack... stuck to my points all day... There was definitely temptation at work but I resisted. BUT my husband comes home and sugests going out for dinner... Well I didn't feel like cooking so sure enough, we go out to Mexican! UGH! Why do I do this to myself? I don't even want to try to calculate the amount of calories I probably ate. Tomorrow I am serious about commiting to the program. I have an hour to an hour and a half workout planned for tomorrow, plus a great dinner, so no excuses!! I just hate weak moments.... I feel like such a failure when that happens.

You are NOT a failure! Once a month my husband and I go out for Mexican and I almost always go overboard. Instead of trying to calculate the points for that particular meal I just say I used ALL of my weeklies in one sitting, that way I don't leave the restaurant feeling guilty. A few weeks ago we went to a place called Mexican Gardens and instead of playing it safe and ordering the fajitas, I ordered a HUGE plate of chicken nachos and a bowl of guacamole which came with flour chips. I'm not proud to admit this but I kept eating even after I was stuffed and left the restaurant feeling nauseated. The next morning I stepped on my home scale and sure enough there was a gain of 4lbs! Of course it was due to water retention from the sodium in the food but it was still discouraging.

When I would do this before, I usually went off track and quit! NOW I make it a point to get to the gym and have a great workout even if I overeat. I also make sure to get right back on track the next day and track everything I eat from that point on. Last night I found myself eating a LOT of salty snacks and I didn't bother to track what I ate. I knew I had a bunch of activity points left but I felt a little bad because I went off track. I'm sure there are many of us who do this and feel this way but if you're able to bounce back from a 'Bad' day then that's all that matters! :hug:

runtolose15
03-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Kimberly -Thanks :) I know it was just one slip up, but I couldn't help but feel soooo guilty. Thanks for sharing about your night out too. I have definitely done that too... Ate till I was so full but I continued to eat anyway. It's like I say to myself, "Today is my cheat day, so I really gotta make it worth it." But I really appreciate your advice.

Today was a much better day. My boss wanted to take myself and another colleague out for lunch to discuss work matters. Myself and my friend are managers of a farmer's market and our boss is the farmer. We went to this Mexican place, which I was a little unhappy about because of my disaster of a dinnr last night. I got a burrito, but I was proud of myself and only ate half. I also only had about 5 chips with salsa. I looked up in my WW book that an 8 in. chicken burrito is 7 points. Since this half was rather large, I wrote that it was 7 points and the chips were 5. I compenated by having no carbs at dinner and not eating my afternoon snack. My husband and I also went to the gym today after work for an hour. I did a half hour on the upright bike and a 30 minute lift!

Tomorrow I would like to start creating the "dailies" thread, so be sure to look for it!

Hope everyone had a great day!

JennyT
03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey! Another a good weight in tonight :) 2.4! I am down 49.8 pounds! SO close to getting my 50 charm! Kind of agonizing that I didn't get it tonight but it gives me something to look forward to next week!

amandie
03-23-2011, 11:54 PM
AWESOME, Jenny!!!! :carrot:

Kim's right, RunToLose- You are NOT a failure! We all have off days. Just pick yourself up and keep going. That's what I did when I drank a lot last week and sure enough my hard work[outs] has (thankfully) paid off with a loss of 1.4lbs! :) I will be sure to keep an eye out for the daily thread!

Kim- Thank you- you are right. 1.4lbs is awesome!!! :D Ooh carrot cake yogurt!? I must try! I hope my Fry's (under Kroger too) carries them. :crossed:

KimberlyP
03-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Hey! Another a good weight in tonight :) 2.4! I am down 49.8 pounds! SO close to getting my 50 charm! Kind of agonizing that I didn't get it tonight but it gives me something to look forward to next week!

Congrats!!!! That's awesome!!! :carrot:

You'll get it next week for sure :smug:

KimberlyP
03-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Morning!

I had a pretty bad night and didn't get any sleep due to anxiety once again. Since I increased my Zoloft from 50mg to 100mg, I've been more anxious than I was when I was taking 50mg. I suffer from OCD, the obsessive part and unfortunately my anxiety attacks stem from the intrusive thoughts I get daily. I've tried breathing techniques which seem to do the trick occasionally but I find when I keep myself busy I'm ok. I had 2 attacks yesterday, one in the morning and the other while driving to pick my kiddos up from school.

It seems when I decided to go back to school is when the OCD decided to return. I had done well for 4 years, medication free and feeling great! I think the stress of school, taking care of 3 children, a house, trying to lose weight and everything else has overwhelmed me. People ask me how I do it and I actually can't answer because I have no clue! I just wish things would get easier for me.. I start Medic in the Fall and I fear my OCD will get in the way of my dream to become a Paramedic. I don't want to end up being so afraid that I never want to leave my home.

I really needed to get that off my chest and I apologize if it's TMI. I don't really have any form of support besides my husband so I feel alone sometimes.

This morning I'm heading to the gym for a long run then Zumba at 9:30. Hoping to get close to a 2000 calorie burn! It seems exercise is the only thing that helps my anxiety which is why I'm at the gym 24/7.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week and an even better weekend!

amandie
03-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Kim- :hug: you sound like you have a LOT on your plate!! I really hope things will improve soon especially once you reach your goal. I also hope your OCD isn't being shifted to the gym/exercise because there is such a thing as overexercising, you know? BUT you say it helps with your anxiety and feelings so I say stick with it for now! :) Oh yea, I got the carrot cake yogurt- YUMMY!!! Thanks for the recommendation! I got the strawberry colada for my mom because I know she would love it. I'm not a fan of coconut.

That reminds me those who have Frys, Fred Meyer, Ralph's and Kroger in their area- I saw Ronzini brand on sale for .99 cents each including the veggie pasta! I got 5.... lol. I think .49 cents each if you get 10 or something, not sure. I ALMOST got beer. I put it in my cart but then I had second thoughts. I made a promise to myself that if I ever have second thoughts, PUT IT BACK! I don't know why but I think it's because my mentality is like "tomorrow is Friday so why not, I'll include it in my points, etc" yanno? ugh.

Today is a low key day, just gonna do the elliptical for about 75 minutes with 10lb weighted vest. Watch Due Date, hope it's good.

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far and weekend too! :)

KimberlyP
03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Kim- :hug: you sound like you have a LOT on your plate!! I really hope things will improve soon especially once you reach your goal. I also hope your OCD isn't being shifted to the gym/exercise because there is such a thing as overexercising, you know? BUT you say it helps with your anxiety and feelings so I say stick with it for now! :) Oh yea, I got the carrot cake yogurt- YUMMY!!! Thanks for the recommendation! I got the strawberry colada for my mom because I know she would love it.

Thankyou :hug:

It's been a really rough month, I wish it would get better and I could control this OCD. The morning and evening is the worst time for me because my panic attacks seem to hit me during those times. Running has helped tremendously, after a workout I feel awesome and have absolutely NO intrusive thoughts.

For a while I seriously thought I was going crazy but I came across a forum for OCD and realized there are a LOT of other people experiencing the same exact thing and having the same thoughts. It made me feel better knowing I wasn't the only one suffering out there and made me feel like I'm not crazy after all.

Glad you like the yogurt!! I could seriously eat 10 of them a day :dizzy: I had to go back and bought 20 more today, 10 colada and 10 carrot cake. 2 weeks ago they were on sale for 3/$1, this week they're $.39 each, not too bad but worth every penny. I like the fact that you don't have to worry about the sugar and some of them even have fiber which is a good thing.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

mmel3283
03-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Kim...I'm sorry things are so tough. I was lucky enough to be okay on the lower dose of the Zoloft for now.

There are things they can add to it to make it better for you. I would definitely look at getting back on your meds. There's nothing wrong with taking medication if you need it.

My brother in law has OCD...and I can always tell when he isn't on his meds. IF the medication makes it easier for you, please please please call your doctor.

KimberlyP
03-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Kim...I'm sorry things are so tough. I was lucky enough to be okay on the lower dose of the Zoloft for now.

There are things they can add to it to make it better for you. I would definitely look at getting back on your meds. There's nothing wrong with taking medication if you need it.

My brother in law has OCD...and I can always tell when he isn't on his meds. IF the medication makes it easier for you, please please please call your doctor.

I'm still taking Zoloft and was told to increase it to 100mg a few days ago. I just wish these panic attacks and crazy thoughts would go away for good. :(

I have to go see my doctor tomorrow, I'll ask her if she can prescribe something to take along with the Zoloft. I have Ativan but am hesitant about taking it..

mmel3283
03-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Take the Ativan. It helps...a lot. I used to get really really bad panic attacks...and it worked wonders for me. Don't be afraid to take it, it will definitely help you feel better. It may make you tired...but if you take it at night...then that will help you sleep. And then in the mornings you work out. It'll all work out. :hug:

JennyT
03-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Worse day ever at work yesterday, started at 430am, a resident at work passed away (I manage a home for adults with disabilities) My boss brought 'comfort' food over for the staff, chips and chocolate and pasteries lol I had a handful of chips and that was it. Good thing I don't emotional eat lol Anyways today is a better day, 202 this morning on the scale, hoping to push through to the 100's soon. Take care everyone!

amandie
03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
So sorry to hear about the passing, Jenny. :( :hug:

Saw 206.8 on the scale... then stepped on the scale again because I couldn't believe it- said 207.4. Still 207.4 after 2 more times soo :carrot: I feel like I should BREAK my habit of daily scale stepping but it helps me to stay on track for the weekends and whatnot, something to look forward to come Tuesday weigh-ins, IMO.

PeanutM91
03-26-2011, 10:44 PM
So, weigh-in in the morning. Had a gain last week of 2.2 and a gain or .4 the week before without any exercise and with a lot of cheating on the weekends and picking during the week so I understand and I wasnt hard on myself. Just told myself to crack down from now on and I did. This week I worked out 2 times out of the week (should have been more but nonetheless) and I ate a lot better during the week. SO I'm hoping for good news tomorrow morning but we shall see. Trying to think skinny thoughts. Trying trying..

KimberlyP
03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
So, weigh-in in the morning. Had a gain last week of 2.2 and a gain or .4 the week before without any exercise and with a lot of cheating on the weekends and picking during the week so I understand and I wasnt hard on myself. Just told myself to crack down from now on and I did. This week I worked out 2 times out of the week (should have been more but nonetheless) and I ate a lot better during the week. SO I'm hoping for good news tomorrow morning but we shall see. Trying to think skinny thoughts. Trying trying..

Don't be too hard on yourself, you're only human! I've had weeks/weekends where I was completely out of control and gained 4lbs but I knew it was my fault. You're going to have days, weeks, or weekends like this but the only thing that counts is having the ability to get right back on track with ease!

I'm sure you're going to see some awesome results at your next weigh in. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya! :hug:

KimberlyP
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Morning!

I've had a pretty good week/weekend so far! This weekend I almost had one anxiety attack but was able to control it before it got really bad. For the most part my mind was pretty calm, there were no intrusive thoughts, and I was finally able to enjoy some peace. The running I have been doing everyday has really been helping and I truly believe it's one of the reasons my anxiety has been kept quiet for a few days. For a while there I really thought I was going crazy and felt like a prisoner in my own mind. I came across a website for OCD and was both surprised and happy to see there are so many people out there experiencing the same thing! I skimmed through a few posts and they were all eerily similar to what I've been going through. I've realized I HAVE OCD, it DOESN'T HAVE ME..

On a happier note, I've managed to run everyday for the past 2 weeks! Yesterday I figured out how many calories I've burned the past 4 days and my total is 5200. 1lb is 3500 calories so I've lost at least a pound this week. Running has now become an addiction and one I refuse to give up!

Hope everyone has an awesome week ahead!

PeanutM91
03-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Don't be too hard on yourself, you're only human! I've had weeks/weekends where I was completely out of control and gained 4lbs but I knew it was my fault. You're going to have days, weeks, or weekends like this but the only thing that counts is having the ability to get right back on track with ease!

I'm sure you're going to see some awesome results at your next weigh in. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya! :hug:

Weighed in a little over an hour ago and I lost 2.5 :)
That puts me back at 146 and back to being 26 pounds away from my goal weight of 120. It's crunch time! now is the time to be pushing myself and I'm ready for it. Got myself back in the gym and back in my disciplined mind set. I can do it! :D

dbertram1117
03-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi, all! I was a momentum user years ago, and kept all my "stuff." I have gained quite a bit of weight over the past 10 years, and am ready to take it all off now. My family has a long history of morbid obesity, and my mom and sister had the lap band surgery recently. I REFUSE to do it! All of the women in my family have now had either that or gastric bypass...except ME. WW worked before, and I know it will again, so here I am. I read your posts about points plus, and decided that I didn't need to join, only to talk to you guys and follow what I know to do. So, in advance....hello, and thanks for your support. Week one, I lost 5.5 lbs. This week so far, another 1.3....so I'm on my way! Hope you all have a great day!

JennyT
03-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Well I had a horrible weekend, maybe I do emotional eat after all? I have never felt out of control since starting this journey in September. I snacked all weekend even t the point that I felt full but still had more :( I feel bloated and gross, maybe I won't get my 50 pound charm this week :( :( The flipside atleast is that even though I snacked and went over my daily points on both Sat & Sun I kept track and didn't go over my weeklies- which I never use. So let cross my fingers and get back on track today!!!

mmel3283
03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Well I had a horrible weekend, maybe I do emotional eat after all? I have never felt out of control since starting this journey in September. I snacked all weekend even t the point that I felt full but still had more :( I feel bloated and gross, maybe I won't get my 50 pound charm this week :( :( The flipside atleast is that even though I snacked and went over my daily points on both Sat & Sun I kept track and didn't go over my weeklies- which I never use. So let cross my fingers and get back on track today!!!

It happens to the best of us. I've had a few weeks here and there the past few months were I emotionally eat. I'm trying to get a better control on it.

At 1am last night...I almost went downstairs for a snack. I stopped myself though. I said, I don't need it...I'm not even hungry, just try to go to sleep!

Don't be so hard on yourself, it's going to happen. And if you don't hit the 50lb mark this week, you will next week. That happened to me when I was trying to get out of the 300s. I was 1lb away and then I had a gain. It's frustrating I know.

JennyT
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Well the dreaded TOM reared its ugly head, atleast this explanins my sudden hunger this weekend, that makes me feel better lol Today was much better for food choices and keeping within my points. Thanks Mel for the awesome words of encouragement, this is why I come here :)

nlm1106
03-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone! Like you guys I have been having trouble with points plus and I am switching back to the old program. I tried points plus for a month and gained and lost the same two pounds the whole time. I weighed in on Saturday and was so upset I went a little off track for the rest of the weekend. I am back on track with momentum starting today but I am so worried about my weigh in next Saturday, especially after the bad weekend. I don't know how many more dissapointing weigh ins in a row I can handle. I am starting to lose my motivation especially since I have been doing the program with my roommate who has been consistently losing since the switch to points plus. I'm glad to find you guys and know I'm not alone in my troubles with points plus.

mmel3283
03-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Well the dreaded TOM reared its ugly head, atleast this explanins my sudden hunger this weekend, that makes me feel better lol Today was much better for food choices and keeping within my points. Thanks Mel for the awesome words of encouragement, this is why I come here :)

I'm waiting for mine to show up. 5 days late right now. It's frustrating. It's been 15 months since I've had the twins and I'm still not on a normal schedule. I took a test this morning, of course it was negative, I knew it would be. But at 5 days late you never know. I just want it to come and get the bloating and water retention OVER WITH!!! :mad:

I made Turkey Cutlets last night with WW Gravy and mashed up squash with a little bit of margarine and brown sugar...friggin awesome. Whole dinner for 11 points. And I have left overs for lunch today.

KimberlyP
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi Everyone!!

Weighed in this morning and I lost 2.8lbs this week for a total of 106lbs!! Happy that all the running I've been doing is paying off!

MagicEyez
03-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow Kim ... That's awesome!! Huge congrats to you!!!!!! :) :)

mmel3283
03-29-2011, 03:45 PM
KIM YOU'RE SO CLOSE TO GOAL!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

amandie
03-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Kim, that is wonderful!!

Today was a 4lb loss- whooooo-hoo!!!!!! I've been doing the 30 day shred for 2 days now- I wake up feeling like I got beat up, lol. Seriously packs a punch for a 20 minute workout!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

KimberlyP
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM
KIM YOU'RE SO CLOSE TO GOAL!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

It's taking FOREVER to lose these last few pounds! I've decided that if I don't like the way I look at 150, I'm going to keep going. My mom thinks I'm crazy and actually said I look 'Too Thin' today but I don't see it. 120 would be THIN to me, not 161 which is where I'm at right now. She's just not used to seeing me this small because I've been heavy or so many years.

KimberlyP
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow Kim ... That's awesome!! Huge congrats to you!!!!!! :) :)

Thankyou!!!

KimberlyP
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Kim, that is wonderful!!

Today was a 4lb loss- whooooo-hoo!!!!!! I've been doing the 30 day shred for 2 days now- I wake up feeling like I got beat up, lol. Seriously packs a punch for a 20 minute workout!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Thankyou!

Congrats on your 4lb loss, that's AWESOME and completely AMAZING!

Momacelli
03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow Kim that is wonderful....almost to goal! You are an inspiration:carrot:

4 lbs is excellent Amandie, I'll take that 4 pound loss please,lol!

I haven't been posting lately because I went on a trip to New York to visit my sister. Just got back. I hadn't been there in years and I had a great time that included lots of good restaurants and good food! As you can guess I was bad. I also came back with a really bad cold but I need to weigh in. Hopefully it won't be too bad because we did a lot of walking. We'll see :?:

KimberlyP
03-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Wow Kim that is wonderful....almost to goal! You are an inspiration:carrot:

Thankyou!!! I can't wait until I reach goal but I know it's going to take a while and I'm ok with that.

KimberlyP
03-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Morning!

Heading to the gym in a little bit for a run and trying out my first Yoga Class. I'm a little nervous because I'm not sure if I can do all of the poses and I don't want to look like a complete idiot! It's worth a shot and if I don't like it at least I can say I tried it at least once in my life. Today is the start of a new week for me and when I tallied up my calorie burn for the entire week it came out to a whopping 9307! My 2.8 loss is right around what I burned because 3500 calories equals 1 pound.

This week I plan to continue running EVERYDAY as I have been doing for the past 2 weeks with only one rest day. I found that running is helping my anxiety tremendously and it's become one of my new favorite addictions. Never in my entire life did I EVER think I'd become a runner but I am and LOVE IT!

mmel3283
03-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I went to my hip hop dance class last night...I felt like a moron because I suck...but it was fun. I'll definitely be going every week.

Going to Zumba tonight, can't wait!

TexNurse
03-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I envy all of you young chics who can exercise and run and go to classes. I waited too long to lose my weight and have such bad knees can hardly walk, much less run, etc. I did buy a chair with exercise ropes attached and comes with a video to exercise while sitting down and am starting today. This is the best thread and best bunch of people I have found for support and positive thinking! I am a psychiatric nurse and my knee was injured 10 years ago by an adolescent patient that was upset but wasn't able to get it fixed, so had to keep working to support my family and tore it up more and more by walking on it and thus gained weight because not able to get around very much. BUT, that is no excuse to continue to work at losing. I have struggled with this all of my life, been on every diet in the world and I know WWs works. I started awhile back but had some more personal problems going on so stopped once again. Back on it full force today and I do read the posts daily but I think I need to post every day to be accountable. My other problem is not being able to walk through the store to get the groceries I need to stick with it, so much easier to go through drive through, and that is still doable but such a challenge or temptation I should say and I just HATE to ask others to do things for me such as getting my groceries for me, even though they say they don't mind. Kim, I do admire how you are facing your anxiety head on instead of just saying you can't deal with anything because of your illness. My son suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and he struggles daily. Before I injured my knee, before I went into nursing I lost 110 lbs but soon as I entered nursing school (at a later age) I gained it all back quickly because of the stress and lack of exercise. Amazing how quickly it came back after all of that work. I've always looked for the faster plan but now I realize that slow and steady is the way to go. I have so much to lose but at least I lose fast at first and that will give me a big boost. Sorry to be so long winded but needed to get it out there. Thanks!

JennyT
03-31-2011, 12:51 AM
damn :( up 1.6, only the second time ever I have been up, why this week....sigh...well I know why...damn water retention....

KimberlyP
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
damn :( up 1.6, only the second time ever I have been up, why this week....sigh...well I know why...damn water retention....

Don't beat yourself up! I bet by next week you're going to see a nice loss :hug:

JennyT
03-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks :) My rings- that I was considering getting resized as they have been so loose- are leaving marks on my finger- I am retaining that much water this time around, lucky me :( I have a specialist appt next week for issues concerning my TOM anyways, I may ask for a diuretic for such times.

mmel3283
04-01-2011, 01:46 AM
So...I'm officially 8 days late on my period with 2 negative tests.

Here's what worries me...when I was pregnant with the twins, I didn' show a positive test until 2 months in. But I don't know. I have no PMS signs at all. No sore boobs. No water retention. The only cramping I've had is from constipation and some gas (thanks to my meds...TMI I know).

I'm really nervous about being pregnant again...one because with all of my health issues, IDK if my body can take it. Secondly, I have two 15 month olds...who would not even be two yet when I had another baby (or babies...eek). Third reason is...I don't know if I'm emotionally ready for another baby yet. and lastly...I'm *FINALLY* 2 lbs below my initial weight in at my first prenatal appintment with the twins...and I'm deinitely back on the weight loss track. I don't want to have to put the weight los off and then have to try to get back on track afterwards. I'd rather be at goal and get pregnant again...blah.

IDK...I figure I'll give it another week and call the doctor to get a blood test done if I don't have a period or a positive test. I'm hoping I'm just overreacting and then I'll get my period and look silly for freaking out.

DH and I did some serious fighting...I definitely did some emotional cupcake eating today...I wont lie...I had 4, but they fit within my points and weeklies...so I don't feel so bad. I reckognized what I did...and it could have been worse. And I wont lie...the Watermelon cupcake my coworker made...totally worth the points...it was fabulous.

Excited to weight in on Monday morning. I went to my Hip Hop Dance class on Tuesday. I was very sore all day yesterday, with all my joint and ther pain issues, I'm not surprised, but I felt pretty good. I wanted to go to Zumba on Wednesday night, but I was too sore. My thighs hurt so bad I could barely walk by the end of the day. I'm hoping to go to Zumba tomorrow night and then do Zumba Mon, Wed. and Fri. and just kind of forget the Hip Hop class. My best friend has a free pass for a guest to her gym, so once I don't get as stiff anymore, I'm going to start going with her the days I don't go to classes. I'm pumped. :carrot:

Daktari
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Work has been insane! I've been working 12 hour days for two weeks now. Working 10 hour days for the month preceding. I had to completely give up my regular workout, but that's behind me now. Today I have to clean up my house and tomorrow, I'm back in the gym. I've still managed to lose about 1 lb. a week over the past six weeks, but I really miss those 2+ lbs. weeks from before. In any event, I'm glad that I was still able to lose despite the lack of workouts. I haven't told my leader at WW that I'm back on Momentum, but I think she suspects since I have the gold booklet on me and not the blue one. :cool:

KimberlyP
04-04-2011, 06:28 AM
So...I'm officially 8 days late on my period with 2 negative tests.

Here's what worries me...when I was pregnant with the twins, I didn' show a positive test until 2 months in. But I don't know. I have no PMS signs at all. No sore boobs. No water retention. The only cramping I've had is from constipation and some gas (thanks to my meds...TMI I know).

I'm really nervous about being pregnant again...one because with all of my health issues, IDK if my body can take it. Secondly, I have two 15 month olds...who would not even be two yet when I had another baby (or babies...eek). Third reason is...I don't know if I'm emotionally ready for another baby yet. and lastly...I'm *FINALLY* 2 lbs below my initial weight in at my first prenatal appintment with the twins...and I'm deinitely back on the weight loss track. I don't want to have to put the weight los off and then have to try to get back on track afterwards. I'd rather be at goal and get pregnant again...blah.

IDK...I figure I'll give it another week and call the doctor to get a blood test done if I don't have a period or a positive test. I'm hoping I'm just overreacting and then I'll get my period and look silly for freaking out.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry :hug: Do you have Thyroid issues? I know when I wasn't taking my medication regularly (I was bad at taking it everyday), I wouldn't have a period for the entire month. Sometimes this would happen every other month and it scared the **** out of me because I already have 3 kids! My husband had a Vasectomy after our third but the doctor said there is still a small chance I could get pregnant.

Everything is going to be just fine! :hug:

KimberlyP
04-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Morning!

I'm a little frustrated this morning, I think I may have hit my very first plateau. Everyday this week my home scale says I am 162.4, that means I'm going to show a gain at my meeting Wednesday. Last Tuesday I weighed in AFTER I worked out and was down 2.8lbs for that week. For some reason I weigh less after I have a really good workout which is odd. I know I'm eating enough because I make sure to consume my activity points each day so I'm not sure what the issue is. I suppose I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with what the scale at my meeting says..

On a happier note, I ran 6.5 miles yesterday morning and while my legs ached, I felt fantastic afterward! My goal has been to work myself up to running half of a half marathon and I did it. I've been training for the 5K I'm running on the 16th for months now and I'm so excited because I know I will be able to run the entire race, it's a HUGE accomplishment. Hopefully I can get someone to take a picture of me crossing the finish line so I can post it here!

My anxiety is much better and while I still have intrusive thoughts every now and again, the running and medication is really helping. I seriously thought I was going crazy but when I came across a forum for people who experience the same issue, I didn't feel so alone. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and I'm sure she is going to increase the Zoloft to 100mg and I'm hoping the increase takes away the anxiety and thoughts completely.

Hope everyone has an awesome week! I'm getting my kiddos off to school heading out for a quick run, then off to school I go.

amandie
04-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Today's WI- 0.2 down. Feeling a bit grr because I'm SO close to my first 10% goal!! But you know what? The red velvet cupcakes smeared with homemade cream cheese frosting I made for a friend's birthday was veryvery delicious and worth it. I didn't track faithfully all weekend and I had a lot of beer as well.

Because I still lost, I'm not as disappointed because I will get there next week! :carrot:

mmel3283
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry :hug: Do you have Thyroid issues? I know when I wasn't taking my medication regularly (I was bad at taking it everyday), I wouldn't have a period for the entire month. Sometimes this would happen every other month and it scared the **** out of me because I already have 3 kids! My husband had a Vasectomy after our third but the doctor said there is still a small chance I could get pregnant.

Everything is going to be just fine! :hug:

No Health issues that would cause me to miss my period. It's been two weeks, so it officially didn't come.

So I had my appointment with my Rheumatologist today, she had to do a battery of bloodwork and threw a pregnancy test in there...I should know in a day or so, the didn't "rush" it...so I have to friggin wait...

Jim and I went through a pregnancy check list...this is what I have:

-Sore Breasts
- A little crampy...but not crazy crampy
-Fatgue (I could sleep 24/7)
-Nausea (I feel sick to my stomach almost all day)
-peeing more often
-Horrendus headaches
-Constipation (I thought this was a later symptom, but they have it listed in the early symptom category)
-Mood Swings
-Increased Body temp...I sweat non stop in our freezing office
-Horrendus Heart Burn
-Lower Back Pain
-Missed Period (OBVI)

I'm like a woman obsessed now. Mostly because of the wedding...I dont' want to loose the hall of I'm not.

I'm nervous about having another baby...but part of me is a little teeny bit excited. I wanted another baby, but we decided to wait until the twins were older. I get the baby itch occasionally, but I was good with our decision. Well...life happens when you're making plans?

Needless to say...I'M GOING CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY

mmel3283
04-05-2011, 10:10 PM
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/mmel3283/Preggo.jpg

KimberlyP
04-06-2011, 02:26 PM
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/mmel3283/Preggo.jpg

OMG!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I'm so excited and happy for you!

amandie
04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Congrats, Mmel!!!

dragonlady1978
04-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Awe...Congratulations!!!

JennyT
04-07-2011, 08:36 PM
I think its so cute you did three! Congrats!!

I got my 50 pound charm at my weigh in last night :) I fretted for no reason. It was my bday too and I won the monthly prize draw that we do. YAY me :) (I also saw 199 on the scale in the morning for the first time in 17 years!!!) pretty epic day all around!

PeanutM91
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey all,
I write to you very discouraged and frustrated. Since switching back to Momentum on February 23, 2011 I have been fighting with 2.2 pounds. Not 2 pounds or 2.1 but 2.2 every single time. It goes away and comes back. I feel like I'm on a teeter todder and I am getting so annoyed and discouraged. It has somewhat made me lose a lot of my motivation. My mother seems to think that the reason is because 146 is where I should stop but I still dont feel like I look good at all physically so I don't want to. I'm just at a place right now where I'm certain that I will never meet my ultimate weight goal of 120 and that's really frustrating and saddening for me because I've worked so hard only to fight with 2.2 pounds for a month.
why bother anymore right? :(

mmel3283
04-10-2011, 09:56 PM
We're definitely excited...just kind of bummed that I'm probably going to have to start from the beginning of the weight loss train again after having the baby...blah.

I'm still going to follow weight watchers to an extent...more for healthy eating than weight loss, I want to eat as best as I can, but splurge here and there...because...well I can. :D

amandie
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Down 1lb. I think it's water retention from yesterday's breakfast because I did not drink as much nor overeat. I'm not going to sweat it.

But that means I've finally reached my first 10% loss, whooo-hooooooo!!! :carrot: