Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/170

Height: 5'5"

Red face Silly Question :)

So, my goal is to be able to wear cute/sexy dresses this summer (and actually look cute in them, lol) ... After going shopping last weekend, I absolutely fell in love with the dresses at Forever 21. Do you think it would be silly to order one now, just to kind of help my stay motivated? That way I could look at it regularly to remind myself of how much I want this Has anyone else ever done this?
anniexfares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

not silly. i've done something similar. i bought a cute cardigan at a shop here and it's way too small and i've put it up on my wall so i could see it everyday and stay motivated.

the sad part though, is that after about a month, i got so used to seeing there that it become part of the decor and wasn't really working as motivation anymore. haha. also, don't get anything that's TOO much smaller, because you don't want it to be out of fashion by the time that you do get small enough to fit in it.

good luck, whatever you decide!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Not silly at all. Let me tell you... I have a whole box of clothes that I've bought. At my work, the clearance used to go down to 99 cents. I stocked up. I figured, when I do reach my goal, I'll have a whole wardrobe for about 30 dollars, and then I can splurge on a few pieces. It may have been silly of me, but it's definitely incentive.

So, I say go for it! Forever 21 clothing is so cute!!
lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #4  
Pecking off pounds

S/C/G: 335/Ticker/170

Height: 6'5

Yea I'd say go for it, just don't get it like ridiculously smaller than you think you can safely achieve by the time you plan to be wearing it. I used to have a dress hanging up on my wall too. It was motivation at first but then crap happened in my life (and I moved) and now I'm thinking I should dig out that dress again. So yea, not silly at all.
Mistycrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

i say go for it.....buy something that makes you happy....i did...and i look at it every single day....sometimes i pass it and say things like see you soon little black dress!! it helps remind me everyday, why i am taking care of myself now...its all those little rewards that will make this journey even more rewarding!!

GO AHEAD...TREAT YOURSELF!! REACH YOUR GOALS....DREAM YOUR DREAM!!

this was what i posted when i bought the dress earlier this year...
something caught my eye...a glimmer of a sparkle...and there hanging on the display was this beautiful long formal black gown! in all my years...and i am no spring chicken...i have NEVER OWNED a long formal black gown. never. it has always been a dream of mine to be oh so elegant and wear a long formal gown. so i went over to it...to have a nice close look. it is beautiful!! the top section is gorgeous!!! as you can see, the area is a bit see-thru...with a ribbon like design that crosses and forms an "x" like area, and there are black sequins in each section that glimmer in the light.

it is a size 20!!! i wear a size 34!! 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32...uggg 34! it would be a long stretch if i were to be so bold as to reach a goal of a size 20 by the time NYE comes again....still...this dress seemed to speak to me...something inside of me became excited...i took the dress into the dressing room, not to try on, but to just hold it up in front of me...my hips stuck out on both sides of the imagine reflecting back at me. is it possible??? dare i dream??? standing there i felt like a princess looking at this dress!!!! i love the long sheer scarf that you can drape across your neckline and let hang down long in the back!!

so this is my year long goal....to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to fit into this stunning gorgeous long formal black dress by NEW YEARS EVE 2012!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #6  
nofailingallowed

Location: i live out in the middle of no where, but I love it :)

S/C/G: 290/267/150

Height: 5'7"

Not silly at all! I ordered an entire outfit from abercrombie...its now sitting in my closet for motivation
ssej26jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/170

Thank you for all of the encouragement everyone! I think I am going to go for it, I really think it will help me stay motivated. I have shed 20lbs for far, and I figure that if I lose 20 more that I will be able to feel comfortable and brave enough to wear it!

Rainbow
- thank you so much for sharing that story with me, I know you will reach your goal! That dress is gorgeous!!
anniexfares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I say do it! Sounds like good motivation to me.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I say go for it! It's Forever 21, not Chanel, so even if you wind up not liking it once you lose the weight, you're not out an arm and a leg.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/see tracker/200

I have a goal dress from Forever 21! As long as you know what your body type is and your general shape that you will end up with, you can definitely choose a dress that will look great once you lose the weight.
somethingnew912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

i bought a dress from forever 21 back in december 2009. It was a size medium, it was dark red, strapless, and it poofed out with red roses on the bottom. It went up to my knees. It was really cute! Unfortunately, i never got to wear it, and now it's too big. On the plus side, like krampus said, I was only out about $24 bucks!

the moral of the story is, it helped as motivation for me! So go for it! ALso check out modcloth.com. They have the CUTEST dresses there!

On a side note, does forever 21 have an age limit you think? I'll be 30 in a couple weeks and I'm wondering if I'll be too old to shop there. Especially b/c they've got great prices!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/184/135

Definitely not silly. I have half a closet full of motivation. Granted it was all hand-me down stuff I got for free, but still... I've been hanging up pants that don't fit right next to ones that do as a reminder that I need to lose weight.
Runic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #13  

I don't think it's silly, but I did that once and when I finally got to wear it... the cut was all wrong for me! It "fit" in the sense that I could zip it up comfortably, I just looked awful in it. XD It was a good little motivator and I ended up giving it to a friend who looked great in it, so not all was lost.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I hate to be the voice of doom, but I have found that maybe they don't look as good as I thought they would. I prefer to save my money and go on a spending spree which I was able to do and let me tell you it was fun.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote