Old 01-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Super Bowl Party help!

I host a party every year for about 20-25 people. This year I want to do it with WW in mind. I'd love to make some things that were good for my plan (and a couple others who are on it that will be there).

If you do a party can you post your menu?
Or if you aren't but have some great ideas, will you please share?

I have found a couple ideas:
Chicken Poppers (from the WW site) 6 pts serving
Turkey Chili (home made from Allrecipe.com) 5 pts serving
Chili Queso made with canned turkey chili and velveeta (have to figure points still)

We'll have veggies and dip (ranch made with either light sour cream or greek yogurt-which I haven't tried yet) and Baked Tostitios and salsa.

I was thinking about doing an Angel Food Cake for dessert, Even though people will bring some dessert.

So what are your ideas? Thanks!!! Go Packers.
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

You really can't go wrong with just about anything from skinnytaste
http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/la...izer%20Recipes
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

If you like hot wings, I use skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks and bake with your favorite sauce.

7 layer mexican dip, 1 sm. can refried beans
1 can Fritos bean dip
1 container Dean's guacamole dip
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 pkg. taco seasoning
shredded Jack and cheddar cheese
1 can sliced black olives
3 sm. chopped tomatoes
2 bunches chopped green onion

Mix refried beans and Fritos bean dip; spread in bottom of small rectangular baking dish. Next, spread guacamole dip. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning; spread. Sprinkle cheese or cheeses to cover the third layer. Sprinkle olives, tomatoes, and green onion in that order. DONE!
I skip the Frito dip, use ff refries, sour cream and mayo. And mash your own gaucamole.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

That layered taco dip is almost exactly what I make. I just, personally, have a hard time not eating a cup of it. I was trying to figure out how to WW'erize it.

I did find a hot wings/chicken bites recipe too, I will need to see the points on it.

Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of "regular" food for the 80% that don't want to diet. Heck I will be probably saving all my points for Sunday! But I'll face the music Monday morning when I weigh in.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #5  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I posted this somewhere else, too, but this is what I'm planning

I haven't calc'ed the points yet -- I know the cake is 4 points per serving.

This is what I'm planning for this year --

1) Veggies with three kinds of dip: FF sour cream with French onion soup mix (I crush the mix -- totally pulverize it and then mix it together); FF Greek yogurt with cucumber and wasabi (or white horseradish, tastes the same); and hummus. I'll have a whole range of veggies: baby carrots, celery, radishes (quartered), cherry tomatoes; sliced peppers, zucchini, broccoli

2) Smores parfaits. I have a set of 24 mini cordial glasses with mini tasting spoons from Pier 1 (thank you, wedding presents). So it'll be small layers of sugar-free chocolate pudding (I'm attempting to infuse it with butterscotch and/or cinnamon, but this is going poorly in my experiments) and marshmallow creme, with low-fat graham cracker crumbs between each layer. It sounds decadent, but the glasses are pretty small.

3) Veggie chili -- any recipe will do! I'll get a baguette for the others, but won't indulge.

4) Baked chips and salsa (Tostitos, because I don't really like them)

5) Spice cake (made with angel food cake mix, crushed pineapple, and Cake Spice from Penzeys)

Maybe I'll make the seven-layer dip too
NYGiantsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #6  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

If I could make a recommendation about the salsa, this recipe for salsa fresca came out delicious. (Yes, I am really pushing it because it tastes so freakin' good for the calories. )

I used it to make pseudo-nachos the other night--crisped up some corn tortillas in the oven, then took them out and topped them with black beans, cheese, shredded pork, and that salsa. They came out great, but if you wanted a more general-populace-friendly version, use corn chips instead of baking your own tortillas (they tasted great, but were a little leathery in the middle).

Chili is a great idea. Nobody doesn't love it.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Great ideas! NYGiantsGirl, do you have a recipe for the Angel food cake?! It sounds great!

I just did a test of a Queso dip (my lunch ) OINK. But here it goes:

15 oz can of Turkey Chilli (11 pts per can)
3 oz of velveeta cubed (6 pts, 2 per oz)
1 oz of Baked Tostito's scoops (3 pts)

I ate 1 cup of the dip/chilli about 8 pts, plus the chips for 3, 11 pt lunch.

I will be making this for Superbowl, most likely 2-3 cans for the gang.