Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #1  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Sending out an S.O.S

OMG my fellow chicks -- I'm sending out an SOS here! The boss is ordering in pizza for everyone who actually made it in today in this mess....

It's on it's way...and although I know I can have the cheese and veggies (thank God they at least ordering something with veggies)...I really don't want the attention that scraping off the cheese will bring me. And, I tend to overdo it on cheese so I try NOT to use that "allowed" food.

I am cooking up my planned spinach in the microwave, and I hope that I can keep my resolve to JUST eat that and some cheese off on ONE (ONE ONE ONE) piece of pizza...

I'll check back in with you all later; even if no one responds right away, just knowing that I've put this here and that I have to come back and check later, that should be all I need to keep me on track!
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'5"

You can do it! Just remember...you know how you felt when you were at your highest weight. Having no self control is part of what got you there. You are doing great on your weight loss track so far! Eat your spinach, drink some water. If you feel you need to scrape some cheese, then do it! Depriving yourself totally may backfire later.

I bet the pizza isn't even that good! Just imagine someone spit all over it!! Or dropped all the cheese on the floor before they made it!

Good Luck!!
evry1smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I've had that problem before, too. Be careful with the sauce, because sauces can sometimes be loaded with sugar.

Once when my family was ordering pizza for dinner, they got me a medium sized pizza with cheese, pepperoni, olives, and jalapenos. I ate the toppings off of 2 slices for dinner, but I get nervous about the exact counts because I don't know what's in the sauce. If I do this again I'll probably order it without sauce and dip it in my own homemade sauce...now that would be yummy.

You should be okay with scraping the cheese off of one slice, just make sure there's not too much sauce on there when you actually eat it.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #4  
closed

Default I did it!!!

Phew, I made it! I ate my spinach, and I pulled off the toppings from the veggie pizza (it was something called white spinach and it had ?ricotta cheese on it). It was so yummy mixed in with my own spinach, and a toss of garlic!

Filled my water bottle and I refused to feel embarrassed for scraping off the stuff and wasting a perfectly good pizza crust!

I fingered my bead necklace as I was watching everyone chow down 2-3 pieces each. I am proud of myself today! I think that is the first time THIS early in that I didn't just give in.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Woot! Congratulations!!!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Good for you! Never be too embarrassed to do what's good for you. Remember no one really cares what you're eating or how you're eating it except you. Way to go!!!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #7  

You were very brave!! I've eaten just the toppings too, when my family ordered pizza.
Anne333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #8  
closed

Thanks everyone! I think that the FIRST time one has to do something like that while starting out dieting, is probably the hardest. Now that I have done it once, I think it won't even cause me to break a mild sweat the next time!

~ flamanette ~
Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #9  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Congrats to you!! Good job!
If you ever feel the pressure during social situations you could always make up a little fib like your body and wheat haven't been getting along lately.
Or for completely abstaining you could say you feel queasy and you might grab some later.
By no means do you owe them an excuse but for someone like me with social anxiety and doesn't like to draw attention to herself at least this gets them to shut up with the pressure, sooner than later.
Anyhow awesome job!!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote