South Beach Diet - How many of you kept Phase I weightloss off?

kaybear
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm extensively worried about regaining most of the weight I'm losing during Phase I. I understand most of it is because there's less carbs, thus less water to hold onto, but I kinda need to keep that "water weight" off until after I go through MEPS (military entry processing station... I'm joining the Air Force). If I'm even an ounce over that weight limit for my height, I have to go back to that awful place to be reweighed. I'm not at my weight limit for my height, but I just want to be certain that even with mild weight fluctuations, I'm still going to be under the limit, you know?

So. How many of you actually kept atleast 90% of the weight loss off?

Also: do you think should I continue in phase I until after MEPS? I'm going there for my physical and ASVAB testing a few days after valentines day. I'm only on day 4 right now. Maybe add in a cheat meal on the 3rd week?

murphmitch
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I only gained about 1# back in the first week of Phase II from an 8# loss in Phase I. Then lost 4# the second week of Phase II, for a total of 11# in 4 weeks.

AmyKitKat
01-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I briefly gained back 2-3 lbs, and then took it off by the second week of phase II.

I think staying on Phase I is okay if it's for a short-ish amount of time (1 week?) - but if longer, I would move on. Or do a Phase 1.5?

kaybear
01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I think staying on Phase I is okay if it's for a short-ish amount of time (1 week?) - but if longer, I would move on. Or do a Phase 1.5?

It would be about 12 extra days on Phase I. I was thinking of adding one grapefruit/serving of pineapple/etcetc into my diet every other day for a week after Phase I is supposed to end, and then spend my last 5 days back in 100% Phase I. Do you think that'd be okay?

I kinda miss grapefruit and other citrus fruits, haha.

AmyKitKat
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
I would think that adding grapefruit back every other day would count as Phase 1.5! Pineapple is REALLY high in sugar so you might want to stay away...

murphmitch
01-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Pineapple has a really high glycemic index and is not approved on SB.

Artemis__
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I lost 12 pounds in P1, gained 1 back the first few days of P2, then dropped a further 3 pounds after two weeks in P2. So two weeks P1, two weeks P2, total 15 pounds in four weeks. Yes the weight stayed off, until I started to push the boundaries . This does work if you make a long term change to your eating habits. If you start cheating, and don't get right back on plan, like any diet, you will eventually regain.
You don't have much to lose, so do bear that in mind and don't become disheartened if you don't lose a huge amount in P1.

What is a 'cheat' meal in week 3? I'd try to stay on plan for your beginning of P2, if I were you.