100 lb. Club - Guess Your Weight

View Full Version : Guess Your Weight

rachael
01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
If you were a carnival weight guesser, do you think you would do a good job?

I had to weigh people in for a weight loss contest at work and it was really eye-opening for me. I played a game in my head and tried to guess before the people weighed in, just to see if when I do the "where do I rank, bodywise?" thing in my head if I was on target. Generally, I was pretty close with people who were obese/morbidly obese. But when it came to thinner people, not so much. One girl was fussing about how she had gained weight and I wasn't bothered by it (which I once would have been), but I still thought that she weighed significantly less than I do. I actually weighed 8 pounds less than she did.

It's not often that you get to know if you're right about someone's weight, so this might be pure speculation, but I thought it would be interesting.

rachael
01-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Oh, and to clarify, my purpose here isn't meanness. I just think most of us probably do a good bit of comparing and I thought it was interesting that I was pretty clued in when people were around the size that I used to be. I could tell if they were going to be 10 pounds more than my former weight or 10 pounds less, so I guess I was pretty aware of how big I was, but not so good at determining my size now.

ubergirl
01-25-2011, 06:44 PM
I can guess within five pounds, but that's because I've weighed people for years.

EvilGidget
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm terrible at it... but then I don't believe the scales are telling the truth when they say 259 to me... cause I feel like 159 most of the time.. till I look in the mirror or at a picture lol

spixiet
01-25-2011, 09:54 PM
I fail horrifically. I basically think everyone in the world is much smaller than me, so I think they must weigh significantly less than me. I've been shocked the few times people have actually told me what they've weigh, especially those close to my weight because they seem so much thinner than I do (at least as far as my warped brain is concerned)... I've just been coming to realize more and more how blind I am when I look in the mirror :^:

krampus
01-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm good at guessing women at healthy weights and absolutely terrible at everybody else.

Thighs Be Gone
01-25-2011, 11:42 PM
I always try to guess on the overweight shows--like Biggest Loser, Heavy, etc.

Eliana
01-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Height throws me. My mom, for instance, is only 4'9" and I was shocked to discover she weighed only 185 pounds. That's a BMI of 40, but I would have guessed close to 300. She has no muscle though, as she is very nearly bed bound.

I often wonder what a carnival person would guess about my weight. :D