South Beach Diet - Weight Stall and TOM

View Full Version : Weight Stall and TOM

beckyh
01-25-2011, 01:22 PM
TOM started on Friday. Since then I have been stalled out and not losing weight. I know I am not supposed to weigh everyday, but I am a scale addict and am getting a little frustrated even though it has only been 4 days. How long should I expect this stall to continue of it is truly a result of TOM?

Michou
01-25-2011, 01:29 PM
If you are eating right dont worry about it. For me scale fluctuation and stalled are part of the game. As an exemple I will fluctuate in a week between 138 and 136 then for some reason I start fluctuating between 136 and 134 and so on, the scale plays with my nerves for a few days then settle at the lower weight and here we go again for the merry go around. Dont let it discourage you, you are loosing just your body do not know it yet.

AmyKitKat
01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi Becky...

It might not have anything to do with your TOM; I seem to be sitting at the same number for about a week at a time (I weigh in every day as well) and then the scale will drop one day and sit for another week.

I've been focusing on how few "bad" foods I've been putting in my body and how that will eventually pay off.

It is frustrating though :(

beckyh
01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
I wonder if the introduction of carbs in is what is causing this. I only have one grain (100% stoneground whole wheat flat out bread) and a small serving of rasberries a day. I don't think I am overdoing it with those at all and have no cravings at all. Maybe I will back off one of those and see if I can get things moving again. I will give it til Friday just in case it is a result of TOM though.