Alternachicks - Holiday goals

View Full Version : Holiday goals

flower
11-29-2002, 02:46 PM
I am going to celebrate Christmas this year instead of celebrating on the Winter Solstice. That is only because I am in my father's house and I want it to be peaceful with no hurt feelings. I am much more flexible. I will do something private to welcome in winter...

Anyways, my point to this thread is to make a written goal for the month of December. It is always so hard to stay on track this month. I am not going to do a weight goal or anything. My goal is to loose 2 inches off my waist so my jeans fit! I am currently wearing them. I have 3 pairs of size 18 jeans. They have a touch of spandex so I can wear then now, but sitting at the computer is a chore and forget eatting! So, by Christmas day, my waist will be 2" smaller. Today it is 41 1/2". I carry my weight in my tummy! I am so an apple shape. :o

I am so sick of wearing grey sweats. I have 3 pairs and I wear them all the time, if not those, my trusty overalls. But even I am getting sick of them. I have 75% of my clothes packed, but even those clothes will be getting tight these days! Enough is Enough!!! ~flower

PS/ anyone else want to join me in goal setting???

mauvaisroux
11-29-2002, 03:36 PM
I will join you flower!

My goal is to not eat everything in sight between now and New Year's day!

I will allow myself some small treats but in moderation and not eat all the baked goods and chocolate that everyone brings into the office.

I will cook healthy meals and not fall into the trap of convenience foods and ordering take out which is what usually happens because we get so busy in December.

I will not gain the usual 2-5 lbs that I gain every year at this time and will maintain my current weight.

ellis
11-29-2002, 04:18 PM
Count me in! I'll be making truffles with a friend again this year, and I promise not to eat more than three. One of each type.
And I'm not going to make a turkey (my favorite), so I won't be O.D.ing on THAT, either.
And... let's see... I think I'll go and look for some good low-fat horderve recipes. And some fruit recipes. If I've got good stuff in the house, I won't be tempted by the other stuff.

Wanttolosealot
11-29-2002, 10:00 PM
Good for you all. I will add my two bits worth then too. I will try and eat clean, and exercise right up to Christmas eve and then take Christmas off as a free day. Pig out! Then back on course boxing day. I will do the same for New Years!
Virginia

Wildfire
12-01-2002, 08:28 AM
Hey, you girls are welcome to join in the "26 Days of Christmas" thread on the Support board, if you like! I'm pledging to lose 3lbs by Christmas.

barefootgrrrl
12-01-2002, 09:26 AM
Well, I am going to try to make it through with my sanity intact! :lol:

We are still looking at houses and filling out bank applications so that is crazy stuff.

I am still learning to cook the low carb way - made some great almond cookies for T-giving which I could post the recipe if anyone is interested in low carb cookies! :lol:

I don't think there'll be as much eating stress this year as last because I have found good substitutes and for some odd reason, my appetite is waning/getting fickle .......

I am going to continue walking and hope I can start a formal exercise program in the new year.

Holiday Blessings and Hugs to All

Terri

flower
12-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the invite Wildfire, I will stop over there too. Thanks. I am having better control over my eatting knowing that the end is in sight in my long journey of moving. True I still have a month to go and then painting cleaning scrubbing, but I see the rainbow over the horizon! It is a load off my shoulders!!!! Everything seems so much more manageable now. ~flower

ellis
12-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Terri, good luck with the house hunt! AND the exercising!

Wildfire, thanks for the invite. As you know, I wasted no time getting over there. :D

Where am I? Oh... holiday goals. Well, I haven't been able to make it to the gym for 4 days, but I'm definitely going tomorrow. Oh! and I have four new pair of gym pants thanks to my mom and dad. :) Thank god, because I kept having to sew up the inner seams on my ONE pair of gym pants. When I was there last Wednesday, I was horrified to see that yet ANOTHER hole had opened up!!

sabrina
12-01-2002, 02:01 PM
Hi Chicks!

I'm new to Alternachicks, just posted my bio on the Bio thread.

I'm not going to let Christmas derail my newly found focus on
getting thin and fit again. Really, once I get past Thanksgiving, Christmas isn't much of a temptation anyway. I'm much more
tempted by microbrew and Thai food than I am by typical Christmas goodies.

I just started WW, at home, on Friday. When I weighed in
I was at 165.5.

My goal is to be 159 by Christmas, on my way down to my ultimate goal of 125-135.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Sabrina

ellis
12-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey Sabrina! Welcome! (again) :wave:

I must get off the computer...

sabrina
12-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Hi Ellis,

Thanks for the warm welcome on this thread and on the bio thread.

You were so creative on your list of what makes you an Alternachick. :) Even though you're a Christian, I think we
will get along great. :) I have a sense of humor about this kind of stuff and it seems you do too.

I'm a total girly girl. Love makeup, although I *can* go out of the house without any on, I really don't like to! I also shave my
legs all year long, not just in the summer when they are exposed.
And trends? Oh I love fashion! Going to the mall is a huge temptation for me, and I'm trying to just stay away until I am
in my goal size. Then I'll have the perfect excuse for a new wardrobe! Yippee!

It's great to be here, I know I can do it this time with support from great chix like you.

Sabrina

ellis
12-01-2002, 03:44 PM
It's great to have you here, Sabrina. I guess we'll get along... even if you ARE an athiest. ;) I'm not out to force my religion on anyone, and I don't really give a darn what others believe in... have no fear. :df:

:chin: I don't know about this girly girl stuff, though... :lol:

By the way, where the **** is everyone?!

Wanttolosealot
12-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Ellis sweetie,
I am right here chicky! How's it going today? Went to hubbies Xmas party last night and everyone was coming up to me telling me how great I looked. It made me feel great, but then got thinking wow, I must have really looked like *hit before. How come you have not been getting to the gym? Are you feeling okay hun? Hope you are doing okay.
Sabrina, I don't believe I welcomed you yet. Welcome! Hope you enjoy hangin' with this lucious, lovely, and loving group of chicks.
Virginia

ellis
12-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Hey darling....
congratulations on all the compliments! Doesn't that just make you feel wonderful!! Uh huh... just think how good you're going to look when you drop another bag of potatoes! :D

Oh, I'm fine, thank you. :) Had a PD day on Friday and the youngest was home, so couldn't get to the gym. And I HATE going on the weekends... it's so busy. I'll be glad to get back in the swing of things tomorrow. I HAVE done an unusual amount of housework, though! I've been taking iron suppliments, and I think they're kicking in... I've had fewer naps this week and more energy.

I just can't stay off the computer today... I'm drawn to answering everyone immediately they post. :lol:

sabrina
12-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Me again ...

Virginia: Thanks for the welcome. Everyone has been so nice, I think I've found the right place to hang out. :)

Ellis: I usually don't spend this much time on the computer
on the weekend, because I'm on one all day long at work.
However, I am housebound with a particularly NASTY cold.
I'm sick of the television and reading doesn't appeal to me at
the moment, so I'm down in the office with my cat, Callie.

By the way, my avatar is a photo of Callie when she was 9 weeks old. And yes, her ears really were that big. She's grown into them though.

I really need to find out more about you all, think I'll go off to the bios thread and read up on yas.

S. :)

VelvetCyberpunk
12-01-2002, 07:37 PM
Ooh! I love make-up and clothes too! I am such a fashion freak, but I always respect my friends who aren't (and that's most of them). I just like looking pretty, and stuff. I do definately have my own fashion sense though. I wear what I like whether it's instyle or not, as long as I think I look good I wear it. I have this goal that I'm going to buy a pair of crushed velvet bell bottoms when I reach goal and I'm gonna wear them with a funky beatknik turtleneck sweater, or a gypsy blouse. I can't wait! :cb:

sabrina
12-01-2002, 09:30 PM
when I think I look good, it affects my confidence level and my general outlook on life. Here's my laundry list of beauty/fashion "quirks":

For example, I have a job where my boss will let me *occasionally* telecommute. I can write sales proposals just as well here at home than in my cubicle, in other words. On days when I do telecommute, I actually still get dressed and put on makeup. I just feel more "businesslike" when I'm not sitting around in my flannels and Dearfoams (as I am now, LOL). The only concession I will make is will wear jeans when telecommuting, and not just on Fridays as per office dress code.

I keep my legs and armpits smooth all year long. I can't stand hairy legs/armpits and don't know what I'd do if I was trapped on an island without my lady Atra. LOL. I would shave at least every other day even if I didn't have a guy.

I'm not big on my fingernails, I keep them fairly short and well-groomed with only the occasional polish. I have never had "fake" nails as I use a computer all the time and I don't like the way they look anyway. My toes, though, are ALWAYS painted, even in the Winter!

I really don't think about hair length too much, it's been long, short, curly, straight, blonde, brunette, red, black. My hair is currently growing out from a SUPER short cut (think Halle Berry) that I got in July. Although the short cut was cute, I think it made my face look FAT so I'm gonna go back to the classic bob again ...
I think as long as your hair is tasteful and well-kept, it shouldn't matter what length it is.

As far as fashion, I stay pretty current with it but know when to
stop so that I don't look ridiculous. For example, I have a pair of
low cut cords but I wear a regular shirt with them - not a cropped shirt. I am more concerned about finding pants that don't make my butt look big rather than a particular brand name. There are certain shirts I have in my closet that I won't wear now because they accentuate my chubby arms.

I am super anal about VPL (Visible Panty Line) so I ALWAYS wear a thong under anything remotely clingly. I'm almost phobic about it.

Makeup. I usually just wear powder, mascara, and lipstick - maybe a bit of neutral eyeliner. When I go out on the weekends I will vamp up with some kohl eyeliner and a stronger lipcolor but that's about as crazy as I'll get.

My only piercings are in my ears, and I intend to keep it that way.
I do not have any tattoos, and I never will. I don't have a problem with other people having them, tho'.

I am obsessed with Origins "Ginger Essence" scent at the moment. A couple of years ago, it was Victoria's Secret Pear.

I spend an average of 10-15 minutes on my hair and makeup in the morning, I have it down to a science.

Anyone else want to share?

S.

P.S.: If this is way too off topic, please feel free to move to a different thread! LOL!

dentrassi
12-01-2002, 10:42 PM
HI SABRINA!!!! WELCOME!!!! I'm an atheist too. Lots of people with lots of different beliefs in alternachicks, but all open minded!!! I always like the funky thrift store look, but these days it just makes me look sloppy fat...(sob)
I make jewelry and tend to 2 teens and my baby (cat named Meggie), so I am a SLOB. Anything else is just asking for destroyed clothes!!!! Callie is ADORABLE by the way!!!

BEWARE OF ELLIS!!! She is the most demented of us all!!!

sabrina
12-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Hey Dentrassi,

Thanks for the welcome! It's great that people of all different religions (or in our case, lack thereof), sexual preferences, geographies, etc., can form such a tight-knit and supportive group. Way cool.

>>>Callie is ADORABLE by the way!!!

Why, thank you. Miss Callie thinks that she is adorable too.
She's an Ocicat, and a real handful! She keeps our two older
(and MUCH BIGGER) male cats in line.

>>>BEWARE OF ELLIS!!! She is the most demented of us all!!!

Okay, I'll keep my eye on Ellis, LOL.

S.

ellis
12-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Thank you... thank you very much, Den. :D That Sabrina... she's just too damned perfect for us! Made-up and shaved, perfectly coifed and perfumed, ... and a THONG, for gawd's sakes!! What next, I ask you?! :lol: (you look lovely, Sabrina ;))

I usually wear my long wavy hair in a big messy bun atop my head. If I wear it down, I'll still have a bun, but a smaller "French bun" with the rest of the hair hanging down my back. It's always clean, but I never brush it... just run my fingers through it. My DH calls me his "all-natural autumn girl".

People who suffer from depression have a difficult time with hygiene, right Den? Not that we're dirty ;), but we tend to focus on other things. Like just staying alive. Sometimes it's enough, I assure you.

soozie
12-02-2002, 02:15 AM
Ellis, I love you! Your so....Ellis-y. I don't wear make-up...sometimes I put on lipstick. I wear make-up once a year if that...like for my niece's Bat Mitzvah.
I love clothes...or I should say that I always loved to experiment with different looks but since I got really fat its just a matter of trying to look halfway decent and not totally blimp-like! Finding clothing is harder when you are close to blimpness.

I look forward to being excited about clothes again...and feeling good in them. Since I've lost about 18 pounds now from my high point I already feel better in my clothes and that is very nice. And while we're on the subject :lol:

I don't want to gain weight over the holidays either.
This weekend was rough. We had Thanksgiving at my in-laws and then we had our annual family Chanukah party here. The good news is I sent all of the desserts home with people before they left the party. There were so many desserts left over. I left only one piece of my Aunt's home made apple walnut pie here in the house. I wanted to taste it. I ate half of the piece and left the rest for my DP.

I do think that I gained a pound or so in the past four days. I weigh in later and let you know.

So, my holiday goal is to, continue to lose weight even over the holidays and to get back to my gym schedule starting this week!

Hold me to it chickies.
I need you now!
Love, Soozie

soozie
12-02-2002, 02:17 AM
Wow...I'm so self absorbed!
Forgot to say Welcome Sabrina!
:wave:
nice to meet you,
Soozie

ellis
12-02-2002, 03:08 PM
I love you too, Soozie. :D

demented ellis

sabrina
12-02-2002, 03:13 PM
Cough, cough, cough ... will I ever get over this @#$%&@* cold???

>>>That Sabrina... she's just too damned perfect for us! Made-up and shaved, perfectly coifed and perfumed, ... and a THONG, for gawd's sakes!! What next, I ask you?! (you look lovely, Sabrina )

Believe me, I'm far from perfect! I just have always been really into clothes and makeup. :) I think it's all heriditary, LOL.

>>>Wow...I'm so self absorbed!
Forgot to say Welcome Sabrina!

Thanks Soozie!

Today is my first day back in the office since Tuesday. I telecommuted on Wed, Turkey Day was Thurs, and was sick
Friday - Sunday. Now I'm sitting here at my desk trying to crank out a last minute piece for one of the sales people, and my clogged head is having a horrible time focusing!

I think I will take some more medicine -- it may make me a little
wiggy but at least it will help with the coughing.

Being sick SUCKS!

S.

soozie
12-02-2002, 04:07 PM
Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!
I weighed 180 today....but, I went to the gym and exercised for one hour. First day back to the gym since our vacation...felt good. I'm up three, count em, three pounds. Ugh. Of course last Monday when I weighed in I was only 179 but I know that Tue, Wed, and Thursday I weighed 177! Only to be done in by Thanksgiving and Chanukah...well, hmmmpfff. Those holidays will not rule me. I tell you. I'm going to lose weight gosh dang it.
Love, Soozie

Sojourner
12-02-2002, 04:21 PM
HI Sabrina... glad you found us.

Yes, I am a bit of a girly-girl who isn't afraid to wear platform boots and or leopord print or bell bottom jeans. I always wear basic make up (lipstick, eyeliner, powder) outside my home, always put on an "outfit" if I leave the house. I spend massive amounts of money on clothes and go shopping at least once or twice a month... sometimes more. Clothes last in my wardrobe for maybe 6 months, upon which the styles change and I get sick of them and give them away (except for a few basics that I love). I enjoy staying a little ahead of the fashion trends but always with a little alternative twist (hey, its the midwest so this isn't difficult). I wouldn't be caught dead in a sweat pants and tshirt outside of my home... except maybe exercising or gardening or camping. I shave my entire legs and armpits almost every single day. Thanks to my best friend who is a fabulous hair stylist, my hair is cut and dyed different colors and styles every month. I own at least 35 pairs of black footwear, most with obnoxious chunky heels or platforms. I almost always wear a thong because I hate panty lines... plus I have about 30 bras and lots of lingerie. My nails are always manicured and painted. If I am in public I look pretty damn good and am usually one of the best dressed in the room. Of course most people in this area wear jeans and a Packers sweatshirt so this may not be saying much. :rolleyes:

Ok... I tend to obsess about my looks. I think it is my way of trying to make up for the fact that I am overweight. It takes me about 45-60 minutes to shower, do hair/make up, and get dressed... so I'm not one of those women who spends hours getting ready. But I enjoy clothes and fashion and have a lot of fun with it.

Hmmm... I DO have a pair of Birkenstocks sitting in my closet that I have worn twice.

sabrina
12-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Hey Sojourner,

Yeah! Someone to talk fashion with! :) Poor Ellis will be bored silly ...

What are your favorite stores? I really love The Limited, Charlotte Russe, and of course -- The Gap and Old Navy for basics. I've also been known to shop at Casual Corner/Petite Sophisticate for
office wear. I love Ann Taylor too, but will ONLY buy on sale, and even then it's usually just one or two pieces. Why must they be so expensive, anyway?!?!?!?

I also love checking out T.J. Maxx and a used clothing place,
Buffalo Exchange for killer deals.

Typically, I probably buy some kind of clothing about once every month, but I am now on "hiatus" from shopping until my existing clothes are hanging on me! I don't want to buy any more "fat clothes".

I hear you about the shoes. I probably have 25 pairs of shoes of which twenty are black! My dear fiance' doesn't understand why I need all these black shoes, but then again, he does not have the capacity to discern the vast differences between a mule and a slingback, or a pump and a loafer!

Hee hee hee ...

S, who also lives in a "fashion challenged" part of the country - the Pacific NW. Polar fleece and birkenstocks everywhere ... yikes!

P.S.: I just checked out your photo Sojourner - you are a knockout! But what is that white stuff all over the ground??? :)

ellis
12-02-2002, 04:49 PM
Oh geez... another girly girl... :lol:
Your shoe collection sounds like mine, Sojo. Black with chunky heels. Plus my collection of Doc Martin shoes and boots. :D

And what; may I ask, is wrong with Birkenstocks, Miss Prissy Sabrina?! ;) Be careful... I may curse you with triplets, and then your feet will be sooooo sore.... :s:

Sojo and Sabrina... go ahead and talk sissy/prissy. I will not interfere. :tape:

Soozie... what the ****... get those pounds back off!! :cb: listen... I've got my Birks on with no socks... how about you? And my hair is in a big messy bun. And... OH MY GOD... I forgot to do my nails! shhhhh....

soozie
12-02-2002, 04:59 PM
Ellis, shhhhh....I wear my birks for as long as possible...I usually have two pairs that are in halfway decent shape and one pair that looks like it can walk by itself...and I wear them WITH socks too...how ugly is that...I love them soooo much it is really hard to stuff my fat feet into anything else...how do you do it up there in cold Canada? I only have to retire them for about four months of the year...yeah, I get looks sometimes..but, I just wear warmer socks with them...

a heeled shoe never touches these feet anymore...did too much damage in my youth...birks, sneakers, and clogs are all I own right now...shhhhhh....

all this playing on the computer...now I am going to be late for work!
Love your girly girl, disco dyke, lipstick lesbian friend,
Soozie

sabrina
12-02-2002, 05:08 PM
>>>And what; may I ask, is wrong with Birkenstocks, Miss Prissy Sabrina?!

Well, there's nothing WRONG with Birks, but I'm not into them at all.

That makes me somewhat of an oddball here in Portland.

>>>Be careful... I may curse you with triplets, and then your feet will be sooooo sore....

Oh my gawd, I'd be calling Dr. Kevorkian (sp?) if THAT ever happend! Three kitty-cats are plenty for me!

S.

ellis
12-02-2002, 05:09 PM
I'm in peri-menopause. I've got hot feet. I KNEW you'd have more than one pair.

Sojourner
12-02-2002, 05:09 PM
HAHAHA... you crack me up. Don't worry Sabrina, Ellis just snarls sometimes but doesn't really bite.

I must get off the computer but more later on the sissy/prissy stuff!

ellis
12-02-2002, 05:17 PM
Oh Sojo.... I WAS snarly, wasn't I... and I don't mean to be. No offense, Sabrina dear. These words just fly out of my fingers. :smoking:

sabrina
12-02-2002, 05:23 PM
I figured as much. :)

S.

Wanttolosealot
12-02-2002, 07:46 PM
SOrry girls, but I am still on the Sabrina and the thong thing, hhhhmmmmm that I would like to see. Sorry was that out loud. I am just so damned naughty sometimes.!
Virginia

ellis
12-02-2002, 07:55 PM
See what happens when you start talking about thongs, Sabrina? Virginia wants to see it... she is SUCH a womanizer. :lol:

sabrina
12-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Aw Virginia ... I don't swing that way! (Not that there's anything wrong with that). LOL :)

S.

"Once you go thong, you never go back"

Or something.

Wanttolosealot
12-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Thats okay Sabrina,
A girl can dream!
Virginia

dentrassi
12-02-2002, 11:10 PM
S:censored:, If I wore a thong it would get lost!!!! (See Mauvais, i am trying to clean up my act!!!)

Sabrina-I REALLY want an occicat. They are GORGEOUS!! Is it true that they can be leash trained? I thought it would be great to take the cat on a camping trip.....But then Meggie would have a FIT. She basically demands that I meet her every need 2 seconds before she realizes it is a need!! She likes to play fetch with me (yes, SHE fetches...at least at the beginning!) Her latest toy? A TAMPON!!! My 15 year old gets freaked out every time she bats it underneath his door!!!

Ellis-I'm with you on the Birkenstocks...LOVE 'EM!!! I'm wearing the tennies right now...we had snow today. Also, less painful when things I'm soldering drop on my feet!!! I used to be a shoe fanatic, but pregnancy pretty much ended that!! The shoes I love the most (purple suede boots I found for $5.00 for example!) I can't get into any more!! Keep on hoping they'll fit if I lose weight!! (Already tossed the super heels though!!)

Soozie-Have you noticed that the socks leave funny little prints on the soles of the Birkies?

HEY!! Did I ever tell you all that during my first pregnancy they thought there might be more than one? 2 people in my Dad's family have had triplets.......and luckily I wasn't the third!!! I was just huge because i am so short.

Sojourner
12-03-2002, 01:22 AM
Ok here is an idea... Since they say you can never really know someone until you've walked a day in their shoes... heres a little proposition:

How about the Birkenstock wearers all wear a thong for the day and the thong wearers will don Birkenstocks?!?

HAHAHAHAHA... Ellis go find a g-string!

:devil:

Sojo (searching for her cotton panties and sensible shoes)

soozie
12-03-2002, 01:22 AM
Hey girls...I'd love to look good in a thong...in fact I'll add that to my list of goals...look sexy in a thong. Yeah, Baybee....fit, forty-something and lookin hot in a thong..wanna be there girls...went to the gym and worked out for an hour today!
Love, Soozie

Sojourner
12-03-2002, 01:42 AM
I never said I looked GOOD in a thong...

:lol:

sabrina
12-03-2002, 02:02 AM
You girls have got to stop making me laugh so hard! With this horrible cold every time I start to laugh, I cough and it hurts!
So many topics, so little time ... let's see ...

***Thongs. I never wore them until a couple of years ago. I just thought that they looked so uncomfortable.

However, after being a bridesmaid in a college friend's wedding, I watched in horror as she came out in her going away outfit, a very smart looking pantsuit. The pants were clingy and the VPL was unlike anything I'd ever seen! I could tell what color the flowers on her panties were! I was embarrassed for her, but didn't want to further embarrass her in front of all those people!

So then I got this paranoia about MY rear view! How many times had I--regular wearer of tight fitting pants--had an atrocious case of VPL? I immediately went out and bought a supply of thongs and discovered that once you get used to them, they're not all that bad. Just wear the old comfy granny panties to bed. :)
Oh! And my dear fiance' thinks the thongs are way hot, cellulite and all. He's the best. :)

***Birkenstocks. I'm sure these are very comfy shoes, but man, I just can't get into them. I'm not into super pointy high heels either, but somewhere in between. These days my fave shoes are a pair of knee high black leather boots and a pair of square-toed slingbacks that I wear even in Winter. We only get snow maybe once a year, so I can get away with this.

<ducking>The socks and Birkenstocks thing drives me NUTS, by the way. :devil:

>>>Sabrina-I REALLY want an occicat. They are GORGEOUS!! Is it true that they can be leash trained? I thought it would be great to take the cat on a camping trip.....But then Meggie would have a FIT. She basically demands that I meet her every need 2 seconds before she realizes it is a need!! She likes to play fetch with me (yes, SHE fetches...at least at the beginning!) Her latest toy? A TAMPON!!! My 15 year old gets freaked out every time she bats it underneath his door!!!

Ocicats are fantastic kitties. Their personalities are very similar to that of a Siamese or an Abyssinian.

Callie is actually my second Ocicat. My first Ocicat died last year of cancer. :( At first, I didn't want to get another Ocicat because I thought it would be too painful, but then I started thinking about it and realized how weird it would be NOT to have one after having one for over 8 years. So, we contacted a breeder in California and flew down there on 9/9/01 (two days before 9/11 - yipes) to pick her up. She was SUCH a cute little thing, as you can see:

Life with an Ocicat will definitely give you premature laugh lines.
She is an expert fetcher, and will play a perfect game of fetch with anything and everything for HOURS. I have to hide her toys in a drawer every night if I want to get any sleep. She's also a BANDIT and will steal anything not nailed down, including tampons! At least I don't have to worry about any teenagers around ... LOL.

I've never tried to leash train her, as she is 100% indoors, as is the case with all 3 cats.

They are extremely lean and active cats, very vocal, and big showoffs. They love being around people and she always steals the show at every party. Two weeks ago, I hosted a Pampered Chef party at my house and the poor kitchen consultant kept getting upstaged by a 7 pound Ocicat!

Okay, enough cat talk. I could go on for hours talking about cats ...

I see myself as a weird old cat lady about 50 years from now. :)

It's almost time for one of my guilty pleasures, the TV Show "ElimiDate". Michael and I called it "ElimaSkank".
I know it's an absolutely horrible show but we have fun with it,
"rating" the candidates from hottest to nottest.

Maybe we should start a guilty pleasures thread??? I know I have a few ...

S.

sabrina
12-03-2002, 02:06 AM
I attached the wrong photo of Miss Callie the first time.

Sojourner
12-03-2002, 02:55 AM
Thongs really aren't so bad after you get used to them. However you do have to occasionally... ughh... readjust. :o

Of course in the summer I just don't wear any panties at all! :s:

dentrassi
12-03-2002, 02:06 PM
SORRY!!! Can't take you up on that one!!
1) I sleep nude.
2) Can't afford to go out and buy thongs.
3) Just bought more ugly white panties. (HEY ELLIS!! I HAVE UNDIES WITH
NO BLOOD ON THEM!!!)
4) What do you do when you are menstruating anyway? I need two pads
these days!!

I think we have to agree to live and let live....I'd like it if I could just fit into my lacey purple undies again!!!!!

Meggie is an indoor cat too. I just feel guilty about it, but outdoor life just isn't as safe for them anymore. Sleepy (cat we had for 16 1/2 years....he and his brother were our first kids.....) tried to make friends with a pit bull that lived behind us!! We realized at THAT point that safe neighborhood or not, he had the survival skills of a lemming!!!!! Now we live on a BUSY street, and Meggie has always been an indoor cat, so we kept her that way when we got her. We put a chair up to the window, and she puts her front paws on the top of the chair, rests her head on her paws, and looks at the traffic going by!!! She looks just like a little kid. We have also trained the kids to think of her as their little sister. So....I am ALREADY a cat crazy (old) lady!!!!

Ruthxxx
12-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Thongs are butt floss. Just skip panties altogether.
How on earth did Holiday goals turn into fashion talk?
I guess I'll have to concentrate on thinking about holiday goals - I just keep getting distracted.
Going for a nap now!

ellis
12-03-2002, 04:29 PM
No... I just wouldn't look cool in a thong. I look cool in my Jockies.
:D
Den, you got new underwear?! You *itch!! I just can't keep up with you! I'm running out again.
Listen... tampons. The hefty ones. The little tiny OB hefty type. They're so small you can stick them up your nose, but they work fairly well. Hey, we've each had two c-sections... pads are useless!

Sojourner
12-03-2002, 07:17 PM
So much for Ellis and her delicate sensibilities! Hefty tampons... :lol:

mauvaisroux
12-03-2002, 07:50 PM
Oy! You girl and your crazy topics :rolleyes:

Personally I am a thong and g-string girl:s: Bikinis are the largest I will go~can't stand granny panties or those jockey for her type of things, they make me feel like I am wearing guys undies:p I bought a pair, wore them once then chucked them out.

ellis
12-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Oh for goodness sakes... I should have know you'd wear those skimpy things, you skinny little Mauvais, you. :lol:

mauvaisroux
12-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Tee Hee! :o

sabrina
12-03-2002, 08:58 PM
Tampons? Panties?

My fiance' would turn beet red if he should happen to see any of these discussions. LOL.

S., mom to the tampon-slinging Callie

soozie
12-03-2002, 11:24 PM
Callie is beautiful....totally adorable!

Sojo and Ruth...NO panties!!???!!
You girls are shameless!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps...ummm...those Jockey for her panties...the cotton ones...the
hi-cut briefs...ummmm...all I wear girlfriends...everyday...nothing else.
They're totally expensive, totally comfortable and they wear like iron!
Yeah, Ellis, they are an investment. I bought six pairs on sale about
two weeks ago...I feel so...decadent!
Love, Soozie

ellis
12-04-2002, 02:53 AM
uh huh. Those are the ones that I wear, Soozie. My sister gave me about a dozen of them. They ARE expensive! I like the grey ones. They look very functional and cool.

Wanttolosealot
12-04-2002, 08:28 AM
Well, I think I will buy me some thongs! Hmmm.
ANyway, back on topic, I want to lose another 6 lbs by Xmas. That will put me down to 229. I currently weigh 235! I can hardly belive it myself. 270 on July 29th. I am not bragging, just am so excited.
Virginia

ellis
12-04-2002, 08:36 AM
Geepers, Virginia... the way you're going, you'll probably lose it in one week!! :lol: You are doing SOOO well, sweetie!

Oh yeah... topic... I'm supposed to be losing 3 pounds. So far I'm just maintaining. I had a slip up last night. Had a small bag of chips and a box of Smarties. BUT... I only ate two thirds of the bag. They were actually turning me off, so I dumped the last 1/3 into the garbage. I'm very proud of myself. A big step for me. :)

Ruthxxx
12-04-2002, 09:31 AM
Hmmmm - those Jockey thingies sound very comfy. If I buy some, do you think they could be adated to a Y front when I complete my sex change?

My holiday goal is NOT to eat any of the Christmas candies and treats I buy for gifts. Would you believe that Ruthless has been knows to UNWRAP Turtles or Lauras and pig out? Of course you believe that - it's how I got this way.

A second goal is to get my weight back down to 207 and my blood sugar down closer to normal by following a reasonable low carb plan.

I also plan to do relaxing Christmas stuff - like listening to the Bach, burning scented candles, petting my doggie, napping, reading my new Carole Sheilds book, poking away at a new jigsaw puzzle, having friends in for tea and simple meals.

(I think I'll print this and post it in the kitchen!)

ellis
12-04-2002, 09:46 AM
Ruth darling, that sounds divine.

Yeah, last year I made up a bunch of pretty baskets for the neighbours. I bought a couple of pounds of loose exotic chocolates and divied them up to add to the baskets. But I found that I could eat one chocolate a day from each basket and they would STILL look fairly presentable as gifts.

dentrassi
12-05-2002, 10:55 PM
HAHAHA!! Ellis......(if you eat around the cookies delicately they still look nice and symmetrical!!)

ellis
12-06-2002, 08:20 AM
Yeah, but they just get smaller and smaller as you keep going around.

mauvaisroux
12-06-2002, 10:36 AM
woo hoo! It is December 6th and I have not eaten one single Christmas goodie or peice of chocolate yet! :dancer:

ellis
12-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Good girl, Mauvais! What HAVE you been eating? ;)

mauvaisroux
12-06-2002, 11:58 AM
Lots of soup, yogurt, salads, fruit, etc. No cookies or junk food. I will be happy if I at least maintain my current weight over Christmas.

I have to go grocery shopping for our Christmas eve party and Christmas day dinner. Lat year DH cooked the turkey with nealy a whole pound of butter :rolleyes: I am not letting that happen this year!

I am trying to plan a lot of yummy but healthy appetizers for the buffet and just a few sweets.
I may try to make some homemade butter tarts and shortbread, mabe a few cookies. We are more into savory snacks than sweets. I am going to treat myself to those cranberry brie phyllo pastry bundles-they are so yummy!

sabrina
12-06-2002, 01:53 PM
YES!!!

Today was weigh-in and I'm down 3.5 pounds for the week!
And I didn't have to starve myself, I ate within my points every day, except for one day when I could only choke down 16.5.

I realize that first week losses are typically large and that it will get more difficult in weeks to come, but it's a nice boost nonetheless.

Tonight we are going out for Mongolian Grill. This is sooooooo tasty and totally on program. Anyone else like this stuff?

S.

165.5/162!!!/125-135

Wanttolosealot
12-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Congratulations Sabrina! Way to go. I'm sorry I have never heard of Mongolian Grill!?? What is it? If it is grilled I am sure it is tasty!
Virginia

Sojourner
12-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Mongolian grill.... yummmm.....

mauvaisroux
12-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Sabrina! :cp:

Mongolian grill is great! I have only been once or twice but it is delicious.

sabrina
12-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Thanks gals! I'm soooo happy about my loss, even though I feel like **** today I'm on cloud 9.

Mongolian Grill is where you pick from a selection of thinly sliced raw meats and/or fish (I always just get chicken), lots of different veggies, and noodles if you like, and put it all in a bowl. Then you
toss in different sauce ingredients like teriyaki, soy sauce, ginger water, garlic, sherry, lime juice, etc. and then hand it to a chef who cooks it for you over a huge round grill, then hands it back to you on a plate. It's an all-you-eat type thing, which I'm normally
not attracted to at all, but since you pick exactly what goes in your bowl you can make it as healthy or as non-healthy as you please.

I typically do a generous amount of chicken, shredded cabbage, sliced carrot, onion, cilantro, and celery and a really spicy sauce.
It's like Chinese food but better -- and without all of the guilt.

S.

ellis
12-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Congrats, girlie!! :dance: :cb:

Ruthxxx
12-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Good going, Sabrina. You are an example to us all!
Mongolian Grill sounds great for tonight. Let's see, if I left now.....never mind.

Wanttolosealot
12-06-2002, 09:32 PM
The Mongolian Grill does sound yummy!

dentrassi
12-06-2002, 09:34 PM
CONGRATULATIONS SABRINA!!!

squeaker
12-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Congrats Sabrina!

And HI! :wave: Since I don't think I have said that to you yet :)

sabrina
12-07-2002, 01:34 AM
Hi backatcha Squeaker!

Well, after all that talk about Mongolian, we didn't end up going. I'm still feeling a bit nauseous from the medicine, so we went to
Azteca where I had my favorite "I'm not feeling well" food:
Sopa Azteca. It's a spicy soup (good for the sinuses) with
chunks of chicken, tortilla strips, avacado, and cheese melted on top.

We *did* finish all of our Christmas shopping though!

Maybe Mongolian NEXT week ...

S.

dentrassi
12-07-2002, 09:55 PM
I WANT THAT SOUP NOW!!!!!!