Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Default First weigh-in...

Hey guys,

So I had my first weekly weigh-in since starting my current diet (I lost the first 8lb last fall) ... and no change (in fact, went up .2 lbs).

I need some help not being discouraged by this... especially since I have experienced some visible changes to my body since I began working out 2 weeks ago... I and several of my girlfriends have noticed that my legs look smaller/more toned.

I dont want to give up, but it was SO disappointing not to see ANY change, not even some water weight? :-(
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Obviously if you're noticing changes in your body, then there have been changes! It may just not be reflected on the scale. Because you're close to your goal weight, it will be harder to see significant changes in weight, but you may see them on your body instead (if you're working out).

I would worry less about the scale and a lot more about your measurements and how you're fitting into your clothes.

The scale will catch up eventually.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
Obviously if you're noticing changes in your body, then there have been changes! It may just not be reflected on the scale. Because you're close to your goal weight, it will be harder to see significant changes in weight, but you may see them on your body instead (if you're working out).

I would worry less about the scale and a lot more about your measurements and how you're fitting into your clothes.

The scale will catch up eventually.
Yes I completely agree! Your body is responding...I would take measurements now, and then again in few weeks, and try not to worry too much about the scale right now.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #4  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

I weighed in for the first time too yesterday and I gained 2lbs. People will say "oh you have to account for your clothing" but i dont think I had on 2lbs worth of clothes. Oh well. Its just been a few days since I started and I'm not gonna truly sweat it til next monday when i weigh in again. Hopefully, I'll see it go down abit.
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 312/307/142

Height: 5'6

Ugh! I hate when you feel like you should have a good loss and then the scale cheats you! When you don't have a lot to lose, I think the best way to measure is by taking measurements, not the scale.
kcmolisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #6  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

YES! Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you may be losing fat and gaining muscle if you're working out and feeling more toned.
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote