Does it Work? - Maximum Slim - what have you heard?

ManticCherry
01-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Alright, so I am a skeptic when it comes to just about everything. I have a friend that just bought this stuff called Maximum Slim - it is coffee that helps lose weight. I am iffy about it, and I have told her to be careful just because coffee naturally is a diuretic. However, has anyone heard anything actually good about this, so I am not the nagging friend for no reason? :)

I don't want to rain on her parade, but I don't want her having to pass a kidney stone because she is drinking tons of the stuff either! Thanks!!

nelie
01-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I looked and apparently the ingredients are green tea, chromium and ginseng. It doesn't say whether or not it is chromium picolinate or polyconate and there is a difference. One you should not take, another has some promise but not necessarily in weight loss. The only thing that may work is that there is green tea in the coffee and drinking green tea has shown some benefit in studies. Of course the question would be why not just brew coffee and green tea together?

ManticCherry
01-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah the idea of a magic drink just makes me raise an eyebrow. But I don't want to squash the idea of losing weight for her. I mean... why even mix it with coffee if the benefit ingredient is green tea? Sorry - I have to try to rationalize everything lol :)

nelie
01-25-2011, 09:11 AM
The answer is: to make money.