Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #1  

Smile New Here - Glad I Found This

Hello, Ladies!

For the millionth time in my life, I'm trying to lose weight. But this time is it - and I mean it! I started on my diet January 3rd and so far, I've been very well behaved. The only "bad" food I had was 1 cupcake about 2 weeks ago. It was my 34th birthday and my mother - who is big on birthdays - baked cupcakes. So to be nice, I had one. But other than that, I've been all healthy eating. So far, I've lost 16 pounds.

In the past, I would lose a decent amount of weight and then something like a holiday would trip me up and then it was all down hill. I would allow myself to eat whatever I wanted for that one holiday day and then the next day it would be, "I'll start up again tomorrow." Lather, rinse, repeat. And the next thing I know, I'm back up to my weight again.

I finally woke up towards the end of December. I had to go to the doctor's after I hit my head pretty bad in a fall. My blood pressure was high and she put me on pills. That woke me up big time. 33 (at the time) and on HB meds because of my weight. I was so embarrassed and devestated.

So here I am. I've been doing good so far, but I know down the road I'm gonna need help. I seem to fall apart after 2 months or so. I'm so glad I found this forum.

SparklesNMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Welcome, sparkles. Sorry to hear about your fall and high BP, but I hope it gives you the momentum to keep going. You're doing amazing so far. Keep up the good work!

I am just getting started again myself. I'm at my all time high weight and I am just not comfortable in my body right now. I started another thread here in the 30-somethings section and there is a small group of us who are just getting started. Come check us out on the weight loss buddies needed thread.

Good luck!

Last edited by Ann72; 01-24-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome aboard I have been hanging around since September, but still count myself as new it seems. Good luck in your journies!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote