UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #1  

Red face seeking fellow Dukan dieters in the UK!

Good evening one and all

Well it has been many moons and many gained lbs since I have been on here!

About a month ago I decided that I am not getting any younger and being very overweight and single is not doing me or my self esteem any favours! I have spent most of my adult life on diets and nothing has really worked as I loose a few pounds and think "Yah - this is awesome - I can now have that chocolate I have been craving since the begining of the week!" and then it is all down hill from there!

So basically, I decided on the Dukan diet - have read so many good reports on it! and what do you know I am now on my last day of the Attack phase - well I decided to go the whole 10day hog - and wow do I feel amazing!!!

I have not been tempted once -shocking! I have not even craved anything bad!!! - Tomorrow I start day 1 of the cruise phase - and am sooo looking forward to adding some veggies to my diet! whoop whoop!

Granted I need to loose loads - well not even loads - I would say nearly a whole person's worth of weight - but I feel motivated!!!!!

If anyone out there is on the same journey as me - please get in touch! I will be creating another thread of my diaries etc from day one - for anyone that might be interested in reading them and getting advice!

Take everyone!
God Bless

Lydia

lyds39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on Dukan, been looking for buddies since 2008 here!!!
Hope you have switched to cruise by now; the attack phase aims to get you into ketosis, and the cruise is where weight loss occurs - well, if you stick to plan, and not fall off the wagon as I do!
Good luck and let's chat about Dukan here.
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5' 4"

Fractal, I think this may be a little like buses for you, no-one for ages and then two at once!!!

I am in week 3 of the Dukan diet, I did the attack phase for 1 week and am on day 9 of the cruise. so far i have lost 11lb and im chuffed to bits!! I still have a loooong way to go but so far so good!!!

I feel pretty good and have not had too much in the way of cravings but at the moment am really missing cheese!! I even dream about it!!

I look forward to chatting to you both about your experiences and lets hope this diet is the last one i try and finally get my weight under control!!

good luck all

Julie
xxx
julzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #4  

Yeah, buses-r-us! Great to meet you, too, Julie!

I have restarted Dukan (again, I must say); did only 3 day of attack, yesterday was PV, today P - will be doing 1/1 for a week, and see how it goes. When I began way back the norm for those who had loads to lose was 5/5 but since then the doctor has revised his recommendations several times and claims 1/1 is just as effective. Remains to be seen. Which pattern are you following, ladies?

As to cheese - if it helps, I have been making my own yoghurt (from skimmed milk) ever since I began Dukan, and have recently started experimenting with cheese making (well, the result is sorta-cheese). It is perfectly palatable and fun to make. You only need skimmed milk, rennet (first rennet I used was Langdales at Waitrose, then bought rennet on ebay and happier with that); the yellow colour can be added with annato colouring (also from ebay). So far have successfully made cottage cheese, feta cheese and soft cheese - all in my own kitchen. Might help with the cravings; if interested, will post links and recipes.

In the US they are selling cheese flavouring (on the American Amazon site and some industrial sellers) but the last time I checked they were not shipping to the UK.

Whereabouts in Hampshire are you, Julie (if it is OK to ask)? I am in the New Forest, Holbury more precisely.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #5  

Hi there!

How awesome is this 3 Dukaner's (lol) all in Hampshire! I am in Portsmouth! I finished my 10 day Attack phase yesterday and started my first day of Cruise today - and to be totally honest with you - I really enjoyed the taste of all the veg I have had today - but it has taken loads to fill me up - so really looking forward to my pure protein day tomorrow!!! (not bad for an ex vegetarian!)

If you guys have any suggestions for easy breakfast ideas - that would be awesome as I like to keep my oatmeal for the pancakes - as i do crave bread/starchy things!

Other than that I really have not had that many cravings - which is really weird for me as I can eat - and oh man can I eat! but now - not so much which is great! I even have more energy! whoop

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Lyds

lyds39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #6  

Heh, that's funny (all in Hampshire)!
Congrats on the great loss, both! For me things are going a bit slower at this point, as I have been doing it on and off (maintaining when not on); unfortunately last year was not successful for maintenance.
Suggestions for breakfast: one of my favourites is quark, goji berries (Dukie allows 25 berries per day but I use less than that), coconut, pineapple or banana flavouring (optional), sweetener (i use stevia; optional). On the days when I have problems with the er unmentionable I add the oat bran, too, as well as a tbsp of psyllium husk. I was never into breakfast, went by on coffee and cigs, but got used to having one on the Dukan plan.
Lyds, why not have your oat bran pancake for breakfast? Especially on P days the bran is practically the only source of carbs so it will give you a great kick-start.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #7  

Hi Fractal & Lyds

I'm in Fareham so we are all pretty close!!

I would be most grateful for some links/recipes for cheese things please - thanks. Also I would be interested to know where you get Stevia, I keep hearing about it but assumed it was an american thing.

I am following the 1/1 pattern as the protein only can get really boring day after day. Its working OK for me so far but will see how things go in the longer term.

I'm pretty motivated at the moment but it does seem very scary to think I need to do Cruise for about a year!!! Im too scared/"in the zone" to cheat at the moment but I can't see me being perfect for a whole year!!!!

Anyway, thats the end of my lunch so I'd better do some work!!

keep it up ladies!! Fractal, would love to hear more about your Dukan journey, it sounds like you are well versed in all things Dukan!!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #8  
EH1

Hi Ladies

So glad that there are others out there doing Dukan!

I'm in Cruise phase, day 25 and its going ok. I've lost 10 pounds which i'm really chuffed with but can't say i'm finding it easy, still a long way to go. I find the PP days quite restrictive so would be glad of any advice you've got! I'm also doing loads of exercise, with quite a heavy focus on weight training as lean muscle burns more calories so i'm not sure if i'm eating enough to sustain the training.

I've just been to Asda for the weekly shop and i'm still getting confused over allowed things to buy. Can i ask what yoghurts you buy, are the fruit Muller light and Shape Zero yogs ok or is it really just natural. Also, what do you think about Fridge Raiders seasoned chicken????

Good luck with a cheat free weekend!
EH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #9  

Hi, ladies! How are you doing on Dukan?
Sorry for disappearing; been quite busy, and it turned out I had mislaid the forum password so couldn't post - yep, could have requested a new one but... put that off as well.
Anyways, been on track, exercising more or less regularly - and down 8 pounds since last post!
Not sure if I can post links to the recipes here?
EH - I stick with natural fat-free yoghurt, and, actually, make my own with skimmed milk (cheaper that way, too!).
What does the chicken you are looking into contain?
Here's to a cheat-free week!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #10  

hello again all!

Im now coming up to the end of week 5 and am now 20lbs down!! Im amazed that the weight is still coming off as I can usually manage 14lbs max and then I start going off course and piling it all back on!

I'm walking/jogging for about 1 hour most nights but that is it for exercise at the moment, apart from a short dog walk each day!

EH1 - with regard to the Muller Light, I believe that Dr Dukan advises you stick to vanilla or toffee (if you want flavoured) if you want to have them, but the fruit ones can slow down your weight loss. I don't have time to make my own yogurt so that's the ones I stick to. I have a vanilla one in the morning with my oatbran in (its a bit like porridge!) and then a toffee one at lunch time. I'm not sure about the fridge raiders chicken, I thought they are coated in a batter type thing? not sure

well, I hope everyone is doing OK - how about you Lyds? are you still with us?!! heres to a good week for all xxx
Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #11  

Amazing loss, Julzed! Stick to plan, and you'll get there!
I have been stalling, and up and down the odd couple of pounds, not sure why - POP, all 100%. But it has happened before so not too worried. Usually happens around a weight I have maintained for some time in the past, and 203/205, 195ish and 185/188 have always been stubborn. But so will I be (stubborn) and stick through.
Have a great on-plan weekend!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #12  

Height: 5ft3

Looks like it's 4 in Hampshire. I am in Fareham, have been doing Dukan for five days and I have lost 2 lbs. Even though I am Ok with the food and will try and go 10 days I was not very impressed with the weight loss and was actually looking on this site for Slimming World and then found you ladies

Great to hear of your results - I'm going to read all your posts and will stay with it a little longer - you've made my day -

Last edited by Jalsa; 02-24-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #13  

Height: 5ft3

What a difference a day makes -day 6 of Dukan and I am down 6 pounds!
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #14  

wow Jalsa!!! - 6 lbs is great

Glad to see another Dukan dieter, and in Fareham too!!! I'm still hanging on in there, its almost become a way of life for me now and its great to see the weight still coming off each week!!

keep it up - you're doing great!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/163/138

Height: 5ft 7ins

Default Just Joined

Hi guys
Thought I would say hi my book arrived today I am going to have a good read through it and start tomorrow.I have been on numerous diets before,I am hoping this is the one I can stick to Any tips would be appreciated.

Angie x
MissyMV6 is offline   Reply With Quote